For all you people who believe in god?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 mingo123
Member since 2007 • 9005 Posts
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Squeets"]

Oh I know that... I have just had more Christians threaten me with death that all the other religions combined... (Face to Face of Coarse...) I know about the Jihad that says all muslims should kill any and all Americans as they see fit... I have yet to meet a muslim that has come up to me and threatened me though... While on the other hand I have met plenty Christians that do that...

Squeets

Christians walk up to you...tell you they are Christian and state they are going to kill you? I do not believe that. At all.

No... they walk up to me... tell me they are Christian... and tell me that I will burn in hell forever unless I embrace their god... I had cancer and I was in a hospital for over 11 months... and at least once a week I had a christian preacher from a local church come to my room and praise his god and tell me to accept my end and accept his god or I would burn in hell forever when I died...

I ignored this and continued my treatment and I am not cancer free... that was almost a decade ago...

they tell you for your own good....they give you good advice and help you from getting pwned in hellfire.....these days people dont give a f about anyone but aint it good that some one came to you to show you the right path yet you refused....how sad

xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 xscrapzx
Member since 2007 • 6636 Posts
[QUOTE="xscrapzx"]

I'm catholic, do I follow everything that is said to me while I'm at church? No, do I believe in everything that is the bible or the teaching of my religon? No, but I do believe that there is something, what it is I don't know. I do know one thing though is you gotta have some kind of faith. All I have to say is this when you have one of the smartest man saying this.....

"A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms-it is this knowledge and this emotion that constitute the truly religious attitude; in this sense, and in this alone, I am a deeply religious man."

Thats tell you something. That quote came from Albert Einstein.

mingo123

what type of Christian is he who does not follow his religion properly?

Listen that is what I brought as, and though as a human being you have your freedom of thoughts, and ideas. There for as i grow older i tend not to believe everything that I have read or learned being a catholic. I think that a lot of the writings and teachings have been so modified over the years thats its hard to take some of it seriously. But I do believe there was more to Jesus Christ and I think he was the closest one to being able to answer any questions we had or knowing why we are here.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178884 Posts

Oh I know that... I have just had more Christians threaten me with death that all the other religions combined... (Face to Face of Coarse...) I know about the Jihad that says all muslims should kill any and all Americans as they see fit... I have yet to meet a muslim that has come up to me and threatened me though... While on the other hand I have met plenty Christians that do that...

Squeets

Christians walk up to you...tell you they are Christian and state they are going to kill you? I do not believe that. At all.

No... they walk up to me... tell me they are Christian... and tell me that I will burn in hell forever unless I embrace their god... I had cancer and I was in a hospital for over 11 months... and at least once a week I had a christian preacher from a local church come to my room and praise his god and tell me to accept my end and accept his god or I would burn in hell forever when I died...

I ignored this and continued my treatment and I am not cancer free... that was almost a decade ago...

That's not the same thing as you stated...and I conveniently bolded above for you....in your post. You had one preacher.....wow. All you had to do was tell him to leave you alone. ONE preacher certainly doesn't speak for the numerous Christians that exist in this world.

Glad to hear you are fine though......or should I not say that...since I'm, you know...Christian.

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 mingo123
[QUOTE="mingo123"][QUOTE="Faylette"]

[QUOTE="Squeets"]Yes but a different god than others... and they don't threaten me with eternal damnation for not believing... I am refurring to the religion that say you will burn in hell forever unless you follow Jesus...123625

Hey, every religion has its crazies, it's not exclusive to Christianity. :P

every religion except Islam, agreed

Do Muslim extremists count as crazies?

extremism doesnt exist

BobSacamento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 BobSacamento
Member since 2003 • 4340 Posts
one day you people gotta learn to just stop arguing this unwinninable argument and walk your own path
BobSacamento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 BobSacamento

you all feel the need to validate your choice

its like buyers remorse

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 mingo123
[QUOTE="mingo123"][QUOTE="xscrapzx"]

I'm catholic, do I follow everything that is said to me while I'm at church? No, do I believe in everything that is the bible or the teaching of my religon? No, but I do believe that there is something, what it is I don't know. I do know one thing though is you gotta have some kind of faith. All I have to say is this when you have one of the smartest man saying this.....

"A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms-it is this knowledge and this emotion that constitute the truly religious attitude; in this sense, and in this alone, I am a deeply religious man."

xscrapzx

Listen that is what I brought as, and though as a human being you have your freedom of thoughts, and ideas. There for as i grow older i tend not to believe everything that I have read or learned being a catholic. I think that a lot of the writings and teachings have been so modified over the years thats its hard to take some of it seriously. But I do believe there was more to Jesus Christ and I think he was the closest one to being able to answer any questions we had or knowing why we are here.

then change your religion to Islam.....as quran is still what it was centuries ago with no modificaitons :D

Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#58 Squeets
Member since 2006 • 8185 Posts
[QUOTE="Squeets"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="Squeets"]

LJS9502_basic

That's not the same thing as you stated...and I conveniently bolded above for you....in your post. You had one preacher.....wow. All you had to do was tell him to leave you alone. ONE preacher certainly doesn't speak for the numerous Christians that exist in this world.

Glad to hear you are fine though......or should I not say that...since I'm, you know...Christian.

Not one Preacher... I had at least one preacher from a different church every week in my room here in the city of Cincinnati, Ohio... there are a lot of chuches here...

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 mingo123

its like buyers remorse

BobSacamento

some people walk the wrong way and it is our duty to direct them in the right path.....and save them from getting fried

xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 xscrapzx

Squeets

You are so full of crap its not even funny, I'm frigin catholic I have never heard or seen any of the priest I know or any freaking masses that I have gone to utter those words of burning in hell if you dont not believe in Jesus Christ. Absolutely craziness. You have no idea what you are talking about, thats just like saying everyone who is muslim is going to stap a bomb to themselves. There are extermist in every religon but to say that its al christians, your crazy.

xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 xscrapzx
[QUOTE="xscrapzx"][QUOTE="mingo123"][QUOTE="xscrapzx"]

mingo123

then change your religion to Islam.....as quran is still what it was centuries ago with no modificaitons :D

No but thanks for the advice.

BobSacamento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 BobSacamento
[QUOTE="BobSacamento"]

its like buyers remorse

mingo123

some people walk the wrong way and it is our duty to direct them in the right path.....and save them from getting fried

it really makes me sad to know that this comes from a real human brain

that we're the same species

oh well society needs people like you

Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#63 Squeets
Member since 2006 • 8185 Posts

You are so full of crap its not even funny, I'm frigin catholic I have never heard or seen any of the priest I know or any freaking masses that I have gone to utter those words of burning in hell if you dont not believe in Jesus Christ. Absolutely craziness. You have no idea what you are talking about, thats just like saying everyone who is muslim is going to stap a bomb to themselves. There are extermist in every religon but to say that its al christians, your crazy.

xscrapzx

I am not talking about walking down the street and having a Christian preacher jump out of the bushes and threaten me with damnation... I am talking about when I was laying in a hospital room for 11 months near death...

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 mingo123
[QUOTE="mingo123"][QUOTE="xscrapzx"][QUOTE="mingo123"][QUOTE="xscrapzx"]

xscrapzx

buh buh why :cry:

xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 xscrapzx
[QUOTE="xscrapzx"]

Squeets

I am not talking about walking down the street and having a Christian preacher jump out of the bushes and threaten me with damnation... I am talking about when I was laying in a hospital room for 11 months near death...

And I have a hard time believeing any priest saying that if you don't take his god as your own you will burn in hell, because that is not what christianity is about. Obviously he has no idea what he is talking about and I would not subject your opinions on one fool or a couple of fools such as those who visited you.

xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 xscrapzx
[
[QUOTE="mingo123"][QUOTE="xscrapzx"][QUOTE="mingo123"][QUOTE="xscrapzx"]

xscrapzx

buh buh why :cry:

Thats not my faith.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 LJS9502_basic
and at least once a week I had a christian preacher from a local church come to my room

Not one Preacher... I had at least one preacher from a different church every week in my room here in the city of Cincinnati, Ohio... there are a lot of chuches here...

Squeets

Again it seems you've changed your story. And in fact, when you register in a hospital you fill out forms which would ask your religion. ONLY the preacher of said religion would visit you. If you put atheist.....no one would stop in. That's generally how it works....now a preacher may have visited you...but I don't believe your story. Seems exaggerated.

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 mingo123

Thats not my faith.
xscrapzx

but you have some doubts about your faith...so why not move to something that is undoubtable :D

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 mingo123

Thats not my faith.
xscrapzx

but you have some doubts about your faith and have questions that can never be answered...so why not move to something that is undoubtable + has truth only :D

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="xscrapzx"]
Thats not my faith.
mingo123

but you have some doubts about your faith and have questions that can never be answered...so why not move to something that is undoubtable + has truth only :D

Not everyone finds that to be truth....as a Catholic I can't find anything to believe in that religion. Not that I'm putting it down....

Wolf-Man2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#71 Wolf-Man2006
Member since 2006 • 4187 Posts

I'm not telling people they'll go to hell for not becoming a Christian. It isn't my business whether people are receiving eternal damnation for not believing in God or not and if they refuse to believe in Jesus, fine with me. Anyway, I believe in Jesus because I want to. Its a choice I have been brought up with and in my career, I want to keep on with that path and overall learn more about my faith. Btw, I don't think you should judge every single Christian as some one person who is judgemental (the bible asks us not to judge other people since that is God's job according to us.)

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 mingo123
[QUOTE="mingo123"]

[QUOTE="xscrapzx"]
Thats not my faith.
LJS9502_basic

Not everyone finds that to be truth....as a Catholic I can't find anything to believe in that religion. Not that I'm putting it down....

well considering islam is similar to christianity, i dont know why you cant find anything to believe in it hehe

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 LJS9502_basic

well considering islam is similar to christianity, i dont know why you cant find anything to believe in it hehe

mingo123

Very major difference between the two...like night and day.:D

xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 xscrapzx

[QUOTE="xscrapzx"]
Thats not my faith.
mingo123

No because all religons are flawed. The quran is no different, you are getting the view from someone who thousands of years ago, and their outlook on the way life is and how the world actually is was totally different from ours.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 123625
Member since 2006 • 9035 Posts
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="mingo123"]

[QUOTE="xscrapzx"]
Thats not my faith.
mingo123

No they are not similar.

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 mingo123
[QUOTE="mingo123"]

[QUOTE="xscrapzx"]
Thats not my faith.
xscrapzx

No because all religons are flawed. The quran is no different, you are getting the view from someone who thousands of years ago, and their outlook on the way life is and how the world actually is was totally different from ours.

how is Quran flawed? the world was different at that time....but you can still do every single thing Quran tells you even till this day.....bible has changed, quran has not

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 LJS9502_basic

how is Quran flawed? the world was different at that time....but you can still do every single thing Quran tells you even till this day.....bible has changed, quran has not

mingo123

Translation have changed vis a vis words...the Bible itself though isn't much different.

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 mingo123
[QUOTE="mingo123"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="mingo123"]

[QUOTE="xscrapzx"]
Thats not my faith.

No they are not similar.

Islam came to perfect Christianity since Christianity changed after Jesus so obviously they will be similar but islam just fixes what the changed christiantiy is

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 mingo123
[QUOTE="mingo123"]

LJS9502_basic

Translation have changed vis a vis words...the Bible itself though isn't much different.

but those changed words dont make much difference, if you notice most translations from big scholars may have different looking sentences but in the end they are saying the same thing

Dracargen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Dracargen
Member since 2007 • 7928 Posts

Because.:|

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 LJS9502_basic

Islam came to perfect Christianity since Christianity changed after Jesus so obviously they will be similar but islam just fixes what the changed christiantiy is

mingo123

]

No no no. Christianity was the fulfillment of God's promise. Nothing more was needed by God. He fulfilled His promise. Now it's up to man.

xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 xscrapzx
[QUOTE="xscrapzx"][QUOTE="mingo123"]

[QUOTE="xscrapzx"]
Thats not my faith.
mingo123

Look I'm not saying it has been modified, I'm saying it is flawed, because first of all when our ancestors exsisted they had no clue what was going on nor did they have the intelligence to start writing a book on how they got here, because if that was the case we of already known. Thats what I mean by flawed. Just because someone writes something over a thousand years ago and us humans have been here well well over that, and to believe everything he writes as fact is naive. Thats all I'm saying. Not saying your religon is bad because religon is not bad it is good.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 LJS9502_basic

but those changed words dont make much difference, if you notice most translations from big scholars may have different looking sentences but in the end they are saying the same thing

mingo123

And the message has remained the same. The message has NOT changed.

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 mingo123
[QUOTE="mingo123"]

LJS9502_basic

And the message has remained the same. The message has NOT changed.

yeah the message is same in quran, no changes :P

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 mingo123
[QUOTE="mingo123"]

LJS9502_basic

]

No no no. Christianity was the fulfillment of God's promise. Nothing more was needed by God. He fulfilled His promise. Now it's up to man.

but it has changed......

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 LJS9502_basic

but it has changed......

mingo123

No..it hasn't. What changed?

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 mingo123
[QUOTE="mingo123"][QUOTE="xscrapzx"][QUOTE="mingo123"]

[QUOTE="xscrapzx"]
Thats not my faith.
xscrapzx

Look I'm not saying it has been modified, I'm saying it is flawed, because first of all when our ancestors exsisted they had no clue what was going on nor did they have the intelligence to start writing a book on how they got here, because if that was the case we of already known. Thats what I mean by flawed. Just because someone writes something over a thousand years ago and us humans have been here well well over that, and to believe everything he writes as fact is naive. Thats all I'm saying. Not saying your religon is bad because religon is not bad it is good.

can you give me an example of something that is stated as fact in quran but it isnt plz thanks?

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 mingo123
[QUOTE="mingo123"]

but it has changed......

LJS9502_basic

bible

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 mingo123

[QUOTE="mingo123"]Islam came to perfect Christianity since Christianity changed after Jesus so obviously they will be similar but islam just fixes what the changed christiantiy is123625

No Islam is not christianity, they are not the same no matter how you look at it.

And you say christianity is changed and corrupted. I have a question. Where is the original Bible? And are aware of the dead sea scrolls? They match the OT we have now and they were made over 2000 years ago. Also what proof do you have that the bible is corrupted? Based not only on the assumption it has been translated and edited its lost all of its original meaning.

bible has so many errors in it now that it is just impossible for it to be same as what it was at first.....biggest error of them being that jesus was god or son of god

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 mingo123
[QUOTE="mingo123"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="mingo123"]

but it has changed......

LJS9502_basic

bible

It hasn't changed. In other words...you have no idea...you're just repeating that. As I said...translation whereas the words are not as clear may have changed. But the Bible message itself...Nope.

well considering there are soo many scientific errors in bible + so many problems...i say its changed

BobSacamento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 BobSacamento

don't you idiots see this is how wars are started

who gives a damn just go and live your life to the fullest don't live by someone elses rules

be kind to people and help one another because you feel it's right not because your afraid not to

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 LJS9502_basic

bible has so many errors in it now that it is just impossible for it to be same as what it was at first.....biggest error of them being that jesus was god or son of god

mingo123

That's not an error. If you knew the OT scripture and NT scripture you can see where Jesus was promised. Muhammed...no. Just someone that wanted to start his own religion. You may believe in him....that is fine. But just because he changed the Biblical message doesn't mean he was right.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 LJS9502_basic

mingo123

That's not an error. If you knew the OT scripture and NT scripture you can see where Jesus was promised. Muhammed...no. Just someone that started his own religion. You may believe in him....that is fine. But just because he changed the Biblical message doesn't mean he was right.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 LJS9502_basic

well considering there are soo many scientific errors in bible + so many problems...i say its changed

mingo123

The Bible was not intended as a science book....the story of God and His people..yes. Science..no.

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 mingo123
[QUOTE="mingo123"]

LJS9502_basic

That's not an error. If you knew the OT scripture and NT scripture you can see where Jesus was promised. Muhammed...no. Just someone that wanted to start his own religion. You may believe in him....that is fine. But just because he changed the Biblical message doesn't mean he was right.

Jesus was never meant to be son of god, he was Prophet just like Mohammed, Mohammed didnt start his religion out of nothing, he started it just like Jesus BUT jesus had his religion change after he died while Islam hasnt changed

bigdcstile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 bigdcstile
Member since 2004 • 2236 Posts

don't you idiots see this is how wars are started

who gives a damn just go and live your life to the fullest don't live by someone elses rules

be kind to people and help one another because you feel it's right not because your afraid not to

BobSacamento

:| Contradictions FTW.

Regardless, peoples' want to believe, and choice not to, will vary from one person to the next. A question like this would never satisfy you, for this I am sure.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 123625
Member since 2006 • 9035 Posts
[QUOTE="123625"]

[QUOTE="mingo123"]Islam came to perfect Christianity since Christianity changed after Jesus so obviously they will be similar but islam just fixes what the changed christiantiy ismingo123

No Islam is not christianity, they are not the same no matter how you look at it.

And you say christianity is changed and corrupted. I have a question. Where is the original Bible? And are aware of the dead sea scrolls? They match the OT we have now and they were made over 2000 years ago. Also what proof do you have that the bible is corrupted? Based not only on the assumption it has been translated and edited its lost all of its original meaning.

You expect sixty books produced by fourty authors ( who were oftern life times apart) to be perfect? You give alot of credit to man kind and your Quran has some errors in it to... And also most of your Quran verses have been plagurized from christianity and judaism. Just saying.

Oh and why should i beleive the word of one prophet when i have the testimonies of at least four people? and the apostles, which predate the Quran.

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 mingo123
[QUOTE="mingo123"]

LJS9502_basic

The Bible was not intended as a science book....the story of God and His people..yes. Science..no.

it has scientific errors...that just shows bible is not credible

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 LJS9502_basic

Jesus was never meant to be son of god, he was Prophet just like Mohammed, Mohammed didnt start his religion out of nothing, he started it just like Jesus BUT jesus had his religion change after he died while Islam hasnt changed

mingo123

That's debatable. According to the OT God promised to send a savior. Jesus was the savior. Your religion in fact changed that. Not the Christians. So to be honest...Islam changed the Abrahamic religions. It has changed the message.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 LJS9502_basic

it has scientific errors...that just shows bible is not credible

mingo123

:lol: No. Early people didn't understand science as we do today. And for the record....there are scientific errors in the Quaran.