Feelin' a lil' depressed, to be honest.

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

anonym_mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 anonym_mouse
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I'm only 16, but I feel like I'm 90. Mostly mentally. I've lost interest in a lot of hobbies, find myself not going to friends' parties I previously wouldv'e gone to...the list goes on. The only physical signs I've been having are loss of motivation / energy.

I don't want to speak to a medical proffessional, nor do I wish to talk about this to my parents. I'm sorry, but you can't convince me otherwise. I have brief, fleeting thoughts of suicide, but I quickly put them to rest. Does anyone have any advice on ways to end this phase? Or is it a bit more serious than a phase?

Crunchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Crunchman
Member since 2003 • 9316 Posts
Work on self improvement, taking up different skills. It's helped me to learn new things that I'd use in the real world. You get a good sense of accomplishment.
TheHimura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 TheHimura
Member since 2005 • 9297 Posts
Just get up and be active. Go play some sports or go jogging around your neighborhood maybe. If that doesn't work or if you've tried something similar to that, I honestly don't know what else to tell you.
THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#4 THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

Consult a medical professional. It doesn't matter if you want to or not, its a matter of effectively supressing suicidal thoughts before they become worse. It doesn't hurt to talk to your parents either. I bet they'll try to comfort you and seek out the best solution to your depression. Eliminating these two options won't help you get any better any time soon. You need to pull yourself up and go tell your parents as soon as you can. In fact, if they're within range for you to talk with them right now, I stronly suggest that you log off and go talk to them.

In short: Either tell someone close to you about your situation or consult a medical professional about your suicidal thoughts. No exceptions.

Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts
You need a medical professional, even if you don't want to.
darksword1123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 darksword1123
Member since 2004 • 30121 Posts
If your not willing to get professional help then good luck with it.....try exercising more.
anonym_mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 anonym_mouse
Lol, I'm in shape. That's not really the issue.
darksword1123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 darksword1123
Member since 2004 • 30121 Posts
Lol, I'm in shape. That's not really the issue.anonym_mouse
Thats not the point....scientific research has proven that if you have a daily exercise routine it can help your mental state.
TheHimura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TheHimura
Member since 2005 • 9297 Posts

[QUOTE="anonym_mouse"]Lol, I'm in shape. That's not really the issue.darksword1123
Thats not the point....scientific research has proven that if you have a daily exercise routine it can help your mental state.

Yeah, I was going to say something to that effect...

ayanami_rei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ayanami_rei
Member since 2005 • 17115 Posts
Sounds like a normal teenager to me. Though, going to a doctor would be your best bet. ;) Not very many of us are in the medical practice.
dragonmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dragonmaster64
Member since 2003 • 6104 Posts

I'm only 16, but I feel like I'm 90. Mostly mentally. I've lost interest in a lot of hobbies, find myself not going to friends' parties I previously wouldv'e gone to...the list goes on. The only physical signs I've been having are loss of motivation / energy.

I don't want to speak to a medical proffessional, nor do I wish to talk about this to my parents. I'm sorry, but you can't convince me otherwise. I have brief, fleeting thoughts of suicide, but I quickly put them to rest. Does anyone have any advice on ways to end this phase? Or is it a bit more serious than a phase?

anonym_mouse

do you play video games alot?

xTheExploited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 xTheExploited
Member since 2007 • 12094 Posts
Pot? Seriously though, just go and do those things you don't want to do anymore, like the parties and your hobbies whether you want to or not. It may spark up your interest again and make you feel happy.
Blood-Scribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Blood-Scribe
Member since 2007 • 6465 Posts
It's a phase, you'll get over it.
SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#14 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
Tell your hormones to pack it in.
vash47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 vash47
Member since 2007 • 2171 Posts
You know the solution...
MoldOnHold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 MoldOnHold
Member since 2005 • 11760 Posts
As cheesy as this sounds, I'd say you should channel that into something constructive. Maybe take up an instrument or get into sports. And like everyone said, even though you don't want to, a medical professional is your best bet.....
elblanquito_81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 elblanquito_81
Member since 2007 • 4356 Posts
Maybe you really are suffering from depression, in which case seeing a professional is the best thing to do. At least to be sure there isn't something else going on. And only a doctor can determine that. It's especially important since you're having these thoughts about suicide. Pushing it aside or doing other things to get your mind off it is important but talking to someone who can help can at least ensure they don't become a bigger problem. Please man, see someone about this, there's no shame in doing so.
anonym_mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 anonym_mouse
^what are you suggesting *(directed @ vash)
Hellrazor9mm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 Hellrazor9mm
Member since 2004 • 859 Posts

anonym_mouse

i'm 16 too and i go through the same thing every once in a while.

weight lifting, running, and eating right seems to help me.

vash47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 vash47

^what are you suggesting *(directed @ vash)anonym_mouse

:P Nothing, I was just messing with you, I have serious issues of depression, the best thing when it comes to depression, is to do something you really like, or are interested in, sports are very good for those things, whenever I feel depressed I go out to skate, it helps me feel better. But the thing that never fails me is to go to one of my friends house and go out to talk, see other friends, it's really good. I'm talking about real friends, the one you can talk about every single thing in your life and not feel ashamed, etc. Not the ones that only go to parties, etc.

But please! Get away from depression as fast as you can, it is far more destructive than people think. I have harmed myself so many times because of it.

Clampdown79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Clampdown79
Member since 2008 • 943 Posts
Do you play an instrument? If you don't, I would suggest learning to play one. They really keep you going. It might give you something to look forward to, something to be enthusiastic about .
Bauers-Twin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 Bauers-Twin
Member since 2007 • 14150 Posts
I'm feeling that way today but not normally. I got rejectzorzexed by a girl, damn you friend zone, why must you plague me so!?
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
work out, it's simple and gives you some proper benefits, i loose intrest in everything quite often but at those times i sudenly wake up and get some energy but i don't do anyuthing cause everything bores me
vash47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 vash47

I'm feeling that way today but not normally. I got rejectzorzexed by a girl, damn you friend zone, why must you plague me so!?Bauers-Twin

Don't worry, it'll pass, I'm on the feared friendzone right now! and the girl is next to me, good thing she doesn't know english...

elblanquito_81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 elblanquito_81
I'm feeling that way today but not normally. I got rejectzorzexed by a girl, damn you friend zone, why must you plague me so!?Bauers-Twin
Oh, yeah, you had that thread going asking for advice. Damn, sorry to hear she said no. it sucks but don't dwell on it too much, there's plenty out there that'll say yes.
alyxvance2731

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 alyxvance2731
If you're serious about the suicide thing... maybe you ought to get help. Sometimes, after I finish a really good game and I realize I have to wait a whole year before the next one comes out, I get in that kinda mood, but not suicidal (finishing Half-Life2 episode2 almost killed me though :cry: ). You just have to find something else to do. I've been teaching myself about computer programming instead of lying around... doing something passes the time and gives you energy back.
Avatar image for swizz-the-gamer
swizz-the-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27 swizz-the-gamer
Member since 2005 • 8801 Posts
Lift weights/take drugs
Bauers-Twin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Bauers-Twin

[QUOTE="Bauers-Twin"]I'm feeling that way today but not normally. I got rejectzorzexed by a girl, damn you friend zone, why must you plague me so!?elblanquito_81
Oh, yeah, you had that thread going asking for advice. Damn, sorry to hear she said no. it sucks but don't dwell on it too much, there's plenty out there that'll say yes.

well, we're not in friendzone forveer hopefully, its confusing, her last boyfriend, who happens to be one of my best friends, borke up with ehr for no reason really and kinda ruined her from trusting guys.

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts
stay away from the kitchen draw! No but seriously, keep your head up.
Montaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Montaya
Member since 2005 • 4269 Posts
Girl friend, good job and video games helped me a lot.
elblanquito_81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 elblanquito_81

[QUOTE="elblanquito_81"][QUOTE="Bauers-Twin"]I'm feeling that way today but not normally. I got rejectzorzexed by a girl, damn you friend zone, why must you plague me so!?Bauers-Twin

well, we're not in friendzone forveer hopefully, its confusing, her last boyfriend, who happens to be one of my best friends, borke up with ehr for no reason really and kinda ruined her from trusting guys.

Yeah, there's always a possibility she might come around someday, if you're willing to wait for her. Some girls take break-ups a whole lot harder than others, and she might be reluctant to start dating again anytime soon. But you guys are still young, she might not be all that affected and instead just wants a little time. Good luck though, hopefully she won't keep you waiting too long.
freshgman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 freshgman
Member since 2005 • 12241 Posts
you need to get high or drunk
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#33 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
You need to get out and explore. Go outside and see the world around you.
Bauers-Twin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Bauers-Twin
[QUOTE="Bauers-Twin"]

[QUOTE="elblanquito_81"][QUOTE="Bauers-Twin"]I'm feeling that way today but not normally. I got rejectzorzexed by a girl, damn you friend zone, why must you plague me so!?elblanquito_81

Yeah, there's always a possibility she might come around someday, if you're willing to wait for her. Some girls take break-ups a whole lot harder than others, and she might be reluctant to start dating again anytime soon. But you guys are still young, she might not be all that affected and instead just wants a little time. Good luck though, hopefully she won't keep you waiting too long.

thanks man, good to see you care somewhat haha, i updated my girl advice thread thing, newest post explains what went down if you have nothing better to do. I'm friend requesting you btw.

Kutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Kutt
Member since 2005 • 2486 Posts

You need to get out and explore. Go outside and see the world around you.BranKetra

yeah man a change of enviroment is always good but seriously you should go see a doctor cause you dont wanna spend your life feeling like that

Guiltfeeder566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Guiltfeeder566
Member since 2005 • 10068 Posts
Get a new hobby. I was depressed for a month or two like that after I hit 18, "My life is going now where!""No one cares!""Life will hold nothing but hardships, loneliness, and agony!" Then I made myslef get a new hobby (Blender) and got more involved with my friends, school, drawing, learning C++, and college browsing. I now look back at myslef and think, "lawl emo."
cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts

Hit golf balls. Makes me feel better, in addition to the fact it puts me in the sunlight and I'm getting a farmer's tan 8)

Working out helps some too. It depends on how strenuous it is I guess.

GUNpoint_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GUNpoint_
Member since 2008 • 1964 Posts
i feel like that at times. probably a sense of worthlessness or hopelessness. thing is, what do you feel hopeless, or why do you feel worthless, & how can you change that?
NaiKoN9293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 NaiKoN9293
Member since 2004 • 4102 Posts

Just get up and be active. Go play some sports or go jogging around your neighborhood maybe. If that doesn't work or if you've tried something similar to that, I honestly don't know what else to tell you.TheHimura

lol... you should be a motivational speaker... feeling depressed??? JOG AROUND THE NEIGHBOURHOOD!!! win win win

Alter_Echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 Alter_Echo
Member since 2003 • 10724 Posts

You are only 16 and feel this way. Wait till you are older and have a plethora of other problems to go along with them. Like feeling the way you do while having to pay a car note, insurance, rent, mortgage, gas, being successful at a job etc etc etc.

Understand how good you have it at the moment and fix yourself before your life really starts being remotely difficult.

terdoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#41 terdoo
Member since 2006 • 5306 Posts
Learn how to play guitar.Ittl help a surprising amount.And help people in simple ways.Youll feel good about yourself.Listen to some good pickup music.
Avatar image for monkeymoose5000
monkeymoose5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 monkeymoose5000
Member since 2007 • 6111 Posts
You should've had a V8.
Bloodbath_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Bloodbath_87
Member since 2008 • 7586 Posts
I'm glad you made an account just to share that with us. I guess that means you really are seeking help from someone, and a professional can help you much more than someone here.
UTXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 UTXII
Member since 2007 • 3448 Posts
I'm sorry man, maybe read some funny OT threads? My life is too boring and I have only one suggestion. Go play speedball, because it's pretty much my life, split in halves with my girl.
Judo_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Judo_boy
Member since 2003 • 6063 Posts

One major thing I've found is that you need to change your perspective about how you feel. First realize that you're feeling this way for a reason. There's obviously something in your life that is missing or needs to changed...or maybe it's not so obvious but clearly the status quo needs to be beaten. So instead of getting anxious about your anxiety and low moods understand that they just serve as a signal that something needs to be done and instead of trying to solve it intellectually you need to realize that the only thing that will work is to solve it by DOING. So figure out what you need to do and fix it with your hands instead of your mind.

Berzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#46 Berzz
Member since 2004 • 14360 Posts
Try to find the things that make you feel that way, and try to think why they make you feel depressed. Really, at your age you should be enjoying life without being depressed, or else you will probably regret it when you grow older.
Redgarl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47 Redgarl
Member since 2002 • 13252 Posts

A depression... You got psychologist at your school. Opening yourself to someone who will never speak to anyone you know about your problems is a good choice.

A therapy only help you notice what you live by yourself. The therapist will not advice you doing anythig beside listening to your concern.

Avatar image for uconnhuskies050
uconnhuskies050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 uconnhuskies050
Member since 2007 • 643 Posts

You are only 16 and feel this way. Wait till you are older and have a plethora of other problems to go along with them. Like feeling the way you do while having to pay a car note, insurance, rent, mortgage, gas, being successful at a job etc etc etc.

Understand how good you have it at the moment and fix yourself before your life really starts being remotely difficult.

Alter_Echo

Yeah that's reassuring...Lawl motivational fail.

StealthedRogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 StealthedRogue
Member since 2006 • 1341 Posts

You are already lowering yourself into a casket if you refuse to look for help besides on an internet forum.

Oh well I guess, dont put my user name on the note.

Avatar image for uconnhuskies050
uconnhuskies050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 uconnhuskies050
Member since 2007 • 643 Posts
Oh yeah, read my sig! I made it just for threads like this!