Feelin' a lil' depressed, to be honest.

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

epic_pets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 epic_pets
Member since 2008 • 5598 Posts
Go to church. or take a vacation
pianist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 pianist
Member since 2003 • 18900 Posts
You know, there may be nothing you can do about this. If it's clinical depression, you need to be treated, and it isn't going to just go away. But if this is a recent development and you quickly start feeling more optimistic again, forget about it. Everybody feels a little bored with life from time to time. It goes away on its own, usually when something new or exciting comes up. And those sorts of things have a way of coming up, even when you're avoiding them.
gummy_joe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#53 gummy_joe
Member since 2006 • 3331 Posts

well dont cal an iraq depression centre they will ask if you can drive a truck

cowplayinghalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 cowplayinghalo
Member since 2005 • 1642 Posts

dont worry bro, i was feeling the same way before school got out, now that i have a job i realize that school is just retarded. just hang out with your real friends (not internet) more, and uhhh... be cautious about taking advice from gamespot people... just a warning :lol:

seriously though something that has helped me was to never consider suicide an option. EVER other than that, just know that your life will get better. it will, honestly

armen925

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 armen925
Member since 2006 • 245 Posts

I'm only 16, but I feel like I'm 90. Mostly mentally. I've lost interest in a lot of hobbies, find myself not going to friends' parties I previously wouldv'e gone to...the list goes on. The only physical signs I've been having are loss of motivation / energy.

I don't want to speak to a medical proffessional, nor do I wish to talk about this to my parents. I'm sorry, but you can't convince me otherwise. I have brief, fleeting thoughts of suicide, but I quickly put them to rest. Does anyone have any advice on ways to end this phase? Or is it a bit more serious than a phase?

anonym_mouse

I know how that feels. To lose motivation and a willing to live. It becomes a struggle and my life changed because i struggled with myself for far too long. It grows deeper and however deep the rabbit hole goes you find yourself not escaping it. i smoke to escape my problems if its weed or cigarettes.

I'm still not so well and i refuse to see a professional because i believe thats all **** and because of my heavy pride. i feel i have to figure this out on my own. I dont know what to tell you but if it helps im just like you.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#56 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
Maybe you should get a GF if you don't have one. It will really lift your spirits, give you some confidence and give you something to work for and look forward to. Let me know if you want to talk about it some more.
armen925

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 armen925
Member since 2006 • 245 Posts

Maybe you should get a GF if you don't have one. It will really lift your spirits, give you some confidence and give you something to work for and look forward to. Let me know if you want to talk about it some more.
biggest_loser

is that what you did :oops: or are you just giving a suggestion because it does help. If the chemistry is great its a lot of fun and the caring of another person is always nice

Yuppitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58 Yuppitt
Member since 2008 • 437 Posts

Just go out and do something you enjoy.

And it may help to talk to a medical professional and your parents :)

MedicMike66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 MedicMike66
Member since 2007 • 886 Posts
I'm 24 and have dealt with depression all my life. The best advice I can give is to be around people that are more positive than you are. It seems like a struggle to leave home, but you will feel better in a different enviroment. When you're at home, do something constructive -- paint, draw, read, or write.
YRMA-JAR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 YRMA-JAR
Member since 2008 • 714 Posts
Force yourself to go to the parties and stuff. If you don't go and hear stories and stuff about it later, you'll just feel worse that you missed out on it.
darkIink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 darkIink
Member since 2006 • 2705 Posts

You are only 16 and feel this way. Wait till you are older and have a plethora of other problems to go along with them. Like feeling the way you do while having to pay a car note, insurance, rent, mortgage, gas, being successful at a job etc etc etc.

Understand how good you have it at the moment and fix yourself before your life really starts being remotely difficult.

Alter_Echo

Awesome post.

I hate to say this, but unless you have family problems or you're messing up in school, there should be NO depression in your life at all at this age. I'm 18 btw. Anyway, at this point in your life all you have to do is study, eat, and do occasional partying. Good deal right? Until you grow up, you won't know how hard life will be. Enjoy the time you have left. Don't feel bad about stuff you can't help yet. I've seen people get depressed over how !$%&3d up the world is or worring about their futures. For things you can't control, don't hurt yourself for it, I plan to do some help in poor countries when I'm older for example. For your future, depend on yourself, and study hard. But also confide in people you know about your thoughts.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#62 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
[QUOTE="Alter_Echo"]

You are only 16 and feel this way. Wait till you are older and have a plethora of other problems to go along with them. Like feeling the way you do while having to pay a car note, insurance, rent, mortgage, gas, being successful at a job etc etc etc.

Understand how good you have it at the moment and fix yourself before your life really starts being remotely difficult.

darkIink

Awesome post.

I hate to say this, but unless you have family problems or you're messing up in school, there should be NO depression in your life at all at this age. I'm 18 btw. Anyway, at this point in your life all you have to do is study, eat, and do occasional partying. Good deal right? Until you grow up, you won't know how hard life will be. Enjoy the time you have left. Don't feel bad about stuff you can't help yet. I've seen people get depressed over how !$%&3d up the world is or worring about their futures. For things you can't control, don't hurt yourself for it, I plan to do some help in poor countries when I'm older for example. For your future, depend on yourself, and study hard. But also confide in people you know about your thoughts.

Oh c'mon. I really think thats underminding him a little bit. "Oh he's young, he can't possibly have any serious problems."

He can't help the way he feels inside and I know it must be terrible for him to not have any energy. He probably can't do anything like study or party.

All of those things the other guy mentioned like: cars and being successful - thats quite superficial to be worrying about that. Is that worth worrying about? You don't even need a car and for a job you just have to try your best.

This fellow might actually be worrying about serious things like his friends and his relationships - that can be very depressing and saddening at times - more important than a Car.

This fella is struggling with confidence and it will take him a long time to regain something there. And trust me my friends, it can affect him now and what is still to come for him.

anonym_mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 anonym_mouse
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Thanks for the advice guys I appreciate it :)
ColonelWilks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 ColonelWilks
Member since 2005 • 3149 Posts
[QUOTE="Alter_Echo"]

darkIink

Awesome post.

Seems kinda insensitive man, I mean it's not like you know the kid / his problems.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
um...sorry to say this, but you need to talk to your parents and a medical proffessional, if your thinking of suiside then you have a mental illness
big_boss4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#66 big_boss4life
Member since 2006 • 2633 Posts

I'm only 16, but I feel like I'm 90. Mostly mentally. I've lost interest in a lot of hobbies, find myself not going to friends' parties I previously wouldv'e gone to...the list goes on. The only physical signs I've been having are loss of motivation / energy.

I don't want to speak to a medical proffessional, nor do I wish to talk about this to my parents. I'm sorry, but you can't convince me otherwise. I have brief, fleeting thoughts of suicide, but I quickly put them to rest. Does anyone have any advice on ways to end this phase? Or is it a bit more serious than a phase?

anonym_mouse

Stop touching yourself... seriously :|:| heheheh or just talk to your mom

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#67 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58435 Posts

youre 16.

thats why youre depressed. That, and you sound like an old soul.

all I gotta say is, no matter what you do, dont alienate your friends. That, along with football and band, is the only thing that got me through high school.

muffincakes87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 muffincakes87
Member since 2008 • 3913 Posts

anonym_mouse

I feel you on that one. I'm going though similar situation right now. I feel completely miserable and keep on being pessimistic on life. I have been running though and like what other post says it can help. I understand how you don't want to speak to a medical professional because that can seem really embarrassing but if things get worse I suggest you go. As for me I don't want to since that medical professional could be my mom. Talk to a close friend about it or someone you trust not necessary your parents. The problem with me is that even if I try to talk to any of my friends i get the whole "stop being emo" thing. I'm not. I realise there are far worse problems in the world but that doesn't mean I have to be all happy all the time.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 mrbojangles25
[QUOTE="anonym_mouse"]

muffincakes87

I feel you on that one. I'm going though similar situation right now. I feel completely miserable and keep on being pessimistic on life. I have been running though and like what other post says it can help. I understand how you don't want to speak to a medical professional because that can seem really embarrassing but if things get worse I suggest you go. As for me I don't want to since that medical professional could be my mom. Talk to a close friend about it or someone you trust not necessary your parents. The problem with me is that even if I try to talk to any of my friends i get the whole "stop being emo" thing. I'm not. I realise there are far worse problems in the world but that doesn't mean I have to be all happy all the time.

ya, sixteen is the "I hate my parents" phase only some kids (like I was) dont do that, so they divert their anger/depression/etc into themselves. Its normal, man...just keep telling yourself "I only have two more years left...twoo more years..."

Half-Life_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#70 Half-Life_man
Member since 2006 • 6302 Posts
That's common at your age, last year I created a thread about my depression, mine mostly has passed yours should too. Just don't do anythign stupid like get drunk or high every day or try to kill yourself.
Master_Saibot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Master_Saibot
Member since 2007 • 822 Posts

You need a hug.

/hug

muffincakes87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 muffincakes87
[QUOTE="muffincakes87"][QUOTE="anonym_mouse"]

mrbojangles25

ya, sixteen is the "I hate my parents" phase only some kids (like I was) dont do that, so they divert their anger/depression/etc into themselves. Its normal, man...just keep telling yourself "I only have two more years left...twoo more years..."

I now where near hate my parents. It's just so hard to talk to them. My parents were the kind of parents that wants there son to be absolutly perfect. It would shock you how much they talk about my grades, me need to do this and that and so on and so on. I have tried to talk them to. But my very first response was "remember its better grades that most important and i know that will make you happier." I think they care more about there image to have a succeful well and a well adjusted family than anything. I just think it can be less tense if you talk to a good friend. I do respect and love my parents though.

Almighty_Ganon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Almighty_Ganon
Member since 2008 • 665 Posts

I'll probably catch alot of flak for this but I personally think religion is key here. Start looking at things in an eternal perspective. Have some faith. Try some sincere heart felt prayer.

I think you do need to talk to your parents about this. I know it's hard, but they will help you.

muffincakes87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 muffincakes87

I'll probably catch alot of flak for this but I personally think religion is key here. Start looking at things in an eternal perspective. Have some faith. Try some sincere heart felt prayer.

I think you do need to talk to your parents about this. I know it's hard, but they will help you.

Almighty_Ganon

I'm not trying not flask you like you said, but religion didn't help me to much. I'm a Catholic that goes to church every Sunday and prays almost every night but when it came down to it I never really felt God's grace helping me out. I still have my religion and still pray but God won't suddenly make all your problems go away and make you happy.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 mrbojangles25
[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"][QUOTE="muffincakes87"][QUOTE="anonym_mouse"]

muffincakes87

I now where near hate my parents. It's just so hard to talk to them. My parents were the kind of parents that wants there son to be absolutly perfect. It would shock you how much they talk about my grades, me need to do this and that and so on and so on. I have tried to talk them to. But my very first response was "remember its better grades that most important and i know that will make you happier." I think they care more about there image to have a succeful well and a well adjusted family than anything. I just think it can be less tense if you talk to a good friend. I do respect and love my parents though.

yep thats essentially how I felt. I guess "hate my parents" phase is too strong to describe...I guess "rebellion" would be better. I was the same way; the straw that broke the camel's back in my experience was when my mom said "so and so got a good grade in this **** why didnt you?".

Like you, I never hated my parents but they sure were the cause of a lot of my teen angst.

Sajedene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Sajedene
Member since 2004 • 13718 Posts

What about talking to someone else besides us here... I feel like you need to have someone, anyone there who can at least listen to you besides walls of text.

I dont know if this is just a phase, because of your age, but if it does get serious, please seek help. Other than that, I will tell you that the world may seem like they are on your shoulders but that is not your burden to bear. It is good to think but it is also good to just relax your brain. And do know, that given time and as you grow older, these feelings (if they are hormonal and not psychological or chemical) will go away and the hatred for the parents and disassociation with other things will go away.

Almighty_Ganon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Almighty_Ganon
Member since 2008 • 665 Posts
[QUOTE="Almighty_Ganon"]

muffincakes87

I'm not trying not flask you like you said, but religion didn't help me to much. I'm a Catholic that goes to church every Sunday and prays almost every night but when it came down to it I never really felt God's grace helping me out. I still have my religion and still pray but God won't suddenly make all your problems go away and make you happy.

God isn't supposed to take away your adversity. He's supposed to be a crutch to help you through it. If you're praying sincerely with all of your heart I'd think you'd at least feel the Spiritt. May I suggest a fast?

But I really think parental and/or proffesional help should be sought when thoughtss of suicide appear.