Evolution or God, which requires more skepticism to deny?

• 176 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zakkro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#101 zakkro
Member since 2004 • 48823 Posts

I know. I'm saying when Creationist talk about evolution, they are not just talking about micro and macro... They are also talking about

Cosmic Evolution

Chemical Evolution

Abiogenisis aka Organic Evolution

and all other forms of evolution. Whereas evolutionist tend to only focus on micro and macroevolution because they have no evidence for any of the other forms. And they would rather laugh at a creationist for saying evolution has not been proven when they could actually be mature and say to the creationist "When I say evolution has been proven I am only talking about micro, I agree that all the other forms have not been proven."

Silenthps
Well yeah, because that's what the theory of evolution is about... biology.
Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#102 Funky_Llama
Member since 2006 • 18428 Posts

And they would rather laugh at a creationist for saying evolution has not been proven when they could actually be mature and say to the creationist "When I say evolution has been proven I am only talking about micro, I agree that all the other forms have not been proven."

Silenthps

If by mature you mean absolutely and totally wrong, then yes, indeed. As I pointed our earlier, microevolution necessitates macroevolution and vice versa. By accepting microevolution, you must accept macroevolution.

Avatar image for deactivated-6224691f9a882
deactivated-6224691f9a882

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 deactivated-6224691f9a882
Member since 2005 • 868 Posts

Simple. God is in the details. I look at all the wonderful and amazing beautiful animals in nature and I just wonder at its incredible design. I doubted if God existed once too, I admit that. But whenever I see a bird flying through the air or a spider weave its web, or ants living as one organism without a leader to guide them, or the eyes of a bald eagle looking straight at me in those National Geographic pictures, I just sit speechless to how amazing they are designed.

That's why I'm convinced that someone, a Creator, must've designed these animals and insects. I just can't believe it came about by chance. There's too much design. It's too beautiful. It's to impossible for me to comprehed how these animals and insects existed out of nothingness.

Same thing with my little niece or my nephews. Human reproduction is to difficult to understand. Science may explain how it takes place but yet we still marvel everytime it happens, saying "it's the miracle of life."

That's why I know that there's a Creator. And it's not just the animals or nature, but the mountains, oceans, galaxies, stars, the sun, etc. Even the plants and trees. Like the avacado how it's full of oil and nutrients whereas the pomegranate has thousands of little fruit like seeds inside its shell. It's too beautifully designed. How can I convince myself that it all happened by chance or came about out of nothingness? There's got to be a higher purpose to it.

I'm not forcing or trying to convince anyone to believe in God. I'm just challenging those who say that there is no Creator. That's all.

Fair enough sir and everyones beliefs are sacred to them (my belief) but you probably guessed im an agnostic that leans more towards atheism! And the world we live in is truly beautiful and at this point i would quote Douglas Adam:

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too" That pretty much sums it up for me.

luke1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#104 luke1889
Member since 2004 • 14617 Posts
I know. I'm saying when Creationist talk about evolution, they are not just talking about micro and macro... They are also talking about

Cosmic Evolution

Chemical Evolution

and all other forms of evolution. Whereas evolutionist tend to only focus on micro and macroevolution because they have no evidence for any of the other forms. And they would rather laugh at a creationist for saying evolution has not been proven when they could actually be mature and say to the creationist "When I say evolution has been proven I am only talking about micro, I agree that all the other forms have not been proven."

Silenthps

You're making things up now. When both sides refer to "evolution", we're talking solely about biological evolution.

The_One_White

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#105 The_One_White
Member since 2006 • 1417 Posts

I personally believe that there must be some form of superior being or beings that had a hand in creation. I don't however that if they do exist that they are omnipotent as religion says God (or Gods) to be. If God was why would he have let mankind discover methods of killing each other, why would disease exist, why would anything bad happen.

No, I like to think that Earth was, maybe, an experiment gone wrong. This is probably complete BS but I like my delusions.

Mr_sprinkles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Mr_sprinkles
Member since 2005 • 6461 Posts

Cosmic Evolution

Chemical Evolution

Silenthps

So you're not arguing against evolution, you're just arguing against science. You're saying science should not concern it's self with how we got here. science should stick to making medicines and putting planes in the air.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts
[QUOTE="ASK_Story"][QUOTE="luke1889"]

[QUOTE="ASK_Story"]Simple. God is in the details. I look at all the wonderful and amazing beautiful animals in nature and I just wonder at its incredible design. I doubted if God existed once too, I admit that. But whenever I see a bird flying through the air or a spider weave its web, or ants living as one organism without a leader to guide them, or the eyes of a bald eagle looking straight at me in those National Geographic pictures, I just sit speechless to how amazing they are designed.luke1889

The theories of abiogenesis and evolution can give you the answers to that also.

It also presents more questions.

Since it's a limited field of research and difficult to study, even though it impacted biology, they're mostly hypothesis NOT fact or truth.

Some people say abiogenesis is impossible. I'm speaking neutrally here and not from a creationist point of view.

Just a thought.

I guess that's fair enough. Just so you know...evolution is considered scientific fact by the scientific community and if you're not part of that, of course you'll disagree.

Abiogenesis is a little less concrete but it's the best we've got given the evidence and until something contradictory comes along. And we'll certainly keep on searching.

The thing with science is it never claims to have devine truth. All it does is reach educated conclusions based on evidence and observation. When all scientists do it look at what is before them, I struggle to see how you can refuse it so violently.

Not really violently, but a little irritated when people blatantly deny the existence of God and claim evolution as truth. I know belief is a individual choice, so I never force people to believe in God because I understand it's their choice. All I'm trying to do, like I said before, is to challenge people who don't believe in God to see the possibilities.

Just because evolution is considered fact by the scientific community doesn't discount the existence of God or creation. That's all I'm trying to present here. Also, the scientific community can be misleading because there are many scientists who believe in creation or both. I once had a professor who said that he believes God created the universe, but the Bible doesn't mention "how" he did it. I also know well-known biologists who were once evolutionists that became Creationists who go around speaking to many people around the world challenging the theories or evolution.

So it goes both ways and it's always challenged. That's why I personally don't accept what the community says. They're not the truth or the law. Ultimately, the choice is individual of course. And maybe I'm being narrowminded to my views but like I said, I just wanted to challenge others with my posts.

luke1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 luke1889

I personally believe that there must be some form of superior being or beings that had a hand in creation. I don't however that if they do exist that they are omnipotent as religion says God (or Gods) to be. If God was why would he have let mankind discover methods of killing each other, why would disease exist, why would anything bad happen.

No, I like to think that Earth was, maybe, an experiment gone wrong. This is probably complete BS but I like my delusions.

The_One_White

You speak for a lot of people there.

Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Silenthps
Member since 2006 • 7302 Posts
[QUOTE="Silenthps"]

Cosmic Evolution

Chemical Evolution

Mr_sprinkles

So you're not arguing against evolution, you're just arguing against science. You're saying science should not concern it's self with how we got here. science should stick to making medicines and putting planes in the air.

No I'm saying science should be observed.
Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Funky_Llama
[QUOTE="Mr_sprinkles"][QUOTE="Silenthps"]

Cosmic Evolution

Chemical Evolution

Silenthps

Why? We can get evidence from sources other than observation.

Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Silenthps
[QUOTE="Silenthps"]

And they would rather laugh at a creationist for saying evolution has not been proven when they could actually be mature and say to the creationist "When I say evolution has been proven I am only talking about micro, I agree that all the other forms have not been proven."

Funky_Llama

If by mature you mean absolutely and totally wrong, then yes, indeed. As I pointed our earlier, microevolution necessitates macroevolution and vice versa. By accepting microevolution, you must accept macroevolution.

Except that macro hasn't been observed. And even if it has, the definition of what is considered macro hasn't been agreed on.
zakkro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 zakkro
[QUOTE="Funky_Llama"][QUOTE="Silenthps"]

Silenthps

Except that macro hasn't been observed. And even if it has, the definition of what is considered macro hasn't been agreed on.

Where are you getting this stuff? :? Macro uses the exact same method as micro... the difference is time scale.
Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Silenthps
[QUOTE="Silenthps"][QUOTE="Mr_sprinkles"][QUOTE="Silenthps"]

Cosmic Evolution

Chemical Evolution

Funky_Llama

your right! we should get evidence from other sources... such as... the bible! :P
Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Funky_Llama
[QUOTE="Funky_Llama"][QUOTE="Silenthps"][QUOTE="Mr_sprinkles"][QUOTE="Silenthps"]

Cosmic Evolution

Chemical Evolution

Silenthps

your right! we should get evidence from other sources... such as... the bible! :P

Heh... I think reliable sources are preferable. ;)

luke1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 luke1889
[Not really violently, but a little irritated when people blatantly deny the existence of God and claim evolution as truth. I know belief is a individual choice, so I never force people to believe in God because I understand it's their choice. All I'm trying to do, like I said before, is to challenge people who don't believe in God to see the possibilities.

Just because evolution is considered fact by the scientific community doesn't discount the existence of God or creation. That's all I'm trying to present here. Also, the scientific community can be misleading because there are many scientists who believe in creation or both. I once had a professor who said that he believes God created the universe, but the Bible doesn't mention "how" he did it. I also know well-known biologists who were once evolutionists that became Creationists who go around speaking to many people around the world challenging the theories or evolution.

So it goes both ways and it's always challenged. That's why I personally don't accept what the community says. They're not the truth or the law. Ultimately, the choice is individual of course. And maybe I'm being narrowminded to my views but like I said, I just wanted to challenge others with my posts.

ASK_Story

I take your point and I'm glad you're being sensible about this.

I will admit that I am one of those people who denies God and claims evolution as truth. However, I, like most similar minded people, have good reason for that. Logical reason too.

Firstly, I have a scientific mind. I like proof. And not just any old proof, but concrete proof which reaches the standard within the scientific community to be considered as proof. On the shoulders of proof stands a burden. The...burden of proof. If you cannot prove beyond reasonable doubt for a claim - or hypothesis - to be true, there is no proof and the said hypothesis does not stand.

Now you might say..."but you are claiming that God doesn't exist and you have no proof" but when it comes to the supernatural, a field is which science does not operate anyway, negative claims are not possible to substantiate in such a manner. Thus, we are only left with the positive counter-claim: "God does exist".

And so we put that to the test. But alas, the "proof" forwarded for not only the Christian god, but also every other god ever to have been purported - falls short of the burden of proof. It is - quite simply - not unequivocal evidence. At all. Within each religion, you have different groups of people each with their own interpretation as to what X,Y and Z is supposed to mean. This in itself shows that even the followers have no true ideal as to what it all means.

And so, in classic scientific style, if a claim cannot be verified, it is assumed not to be true. And hence why, I do not believe in your god, or any other for that matter.

I hope you can see the thought processes throughout my reasoning and if you're wondering about "faith"...I just don't do that at all.

Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Funky_Llama
[QUOTE="Funky_Llama"][QUOTE="Silenthps"]

Silenthps

If one happens, the other does. What don't you get about this?

Microevolution over a long time is the same as macroevolution. Thus, macroevolution must happen if microevolution happens.

Mr_sprinkles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Mr_sprinkles

[QUOTE="Mr_sprinkles"][QUOTE="Silenthps"]

Cosmic Evolution

Chemical Evolution

Silenthps

Evolution is observed. the big bang is observed, if not directly. It's effects can be directly observed, All of science comes from direct observation, even if you cannot directly observe the conclusions.

Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Silenthps
[QUOTE="Silenthps"][QUOTE="Funky_Llama"][QUOTE="Silenthps"]

Funky_Llama

Microevolution over a long time is the same as macroevolution. Thus, macroevolution must happen if microevolution happens.

I understand it perfectly. But it hasn't been proven that it actually happened and is responsible for the diversity of species.
Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Funky_Llama
[QUOTE="Funky_Llama"][QUOTE="Silenthps"][QUOTE="Funky_Llama"][QUOTE="Silenthps"]

Silenthps

I understand it perfectly. But it hasn't been proven that it actually happened and is responsible for the diversity of species.

Yes it has. Let me put it like this: what do you think when a species microevolves for a few millions of years? How is that different from macroevolving from a few millions of years?

Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Funky_Llama
[QUOTE="Funky_Llama"][QUOTE="Silenthps"][QUOTE="Funky_Llama"][QUOTE="Silenthps"]

Silenthps

Yes it has. Let me put it like this: what do you think when a species microevolves for a few millions of years? How is that different from macroevolving from a few millions of years?

Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Silenthps

Cosmic Evolution

Chemical Evolution

Mr_sprinkles

Evolution is observed. the big bang is observed, if not directly. It's effects can be directly observed, All of science comes from direct observation, even if you cannot directly observe the conclusions.

May I please see the video recording of the big bang happening?
Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Silenthps
[QUOTE="Silenthps"][QUOTE="Funky_Llama"][QUOTE="Silenthps"][QUOTE="Funky_Llama"][QUOTE="Silenthps"]

Funky_Llama

If they microevolve for a few million years, they'll still be the same species just with small variations. This is of course, assuming that the earth is billions of years old.
luke1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 luke1889
[QUOTE="Mr_sprinkles"]Evolution is observed. the big bang is observed, if not directly. It's effects can be directly observed, All of science comes from direct observation, even if you cannot directly observe the conclusions.

Silenthps

And you say we take things out of context. :lol:

Read the new few words, next time.

zakkro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 zakkro
[QUOTE="Funky_Llama"][QUOTE="Silenthps"][QUOTE="Funky_Llama"][QUOTE="Silenthps"][QUOTE="Funky_Llama"][QUOTE="Silenthps"]

Silenthps

If they microevolve for a few million years, they'll still be the same species just with small variations. This is of course, assuming that the earth is billions of years old.

No they wouldn't.... :?
luke1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 luke1889

If they microevolve for a few million years, they'll still be the same species just with small variations. This is of course, assuming that the earth is billions of years old. Silenthps

Small genetic variations can have huge impacts on the appearance and capabilities of a species. You clearly do not understand genetics or evolution.

Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Funky_Llama

If they microevolve for a few million years, they'll still be the same species just with small variations. This is of course, assuming that the earth is billions of years old. Silenthps

Wrong. ;) The variations are only minor over a short amount of time. Over a long amount of time, the changes, or course, get bigger.

Mr_sprinkles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Mr_sprinkles
[QUOTE="Mr_sprinkles"]

Cosmic Evolution

Chemical Evolution

Silenthps

no, but you can see the radiation that it caused. You can see all the galaxies moving away from a single point. Like i said, not directly, but it is there.

You're getting your idea of proofs wrong. Scientifically proving something is different to logically proving something.

No matter how many times you drop a ball and watch it hit the floor, you cannot say it is logically proven that on your billionth test drop, it will fall to the ground. It's only inductive reasoning.

What you're saying is that because we haven't yet observed the billionth test drop, it is unreasonable, and unscientific to suppose that it will fall to the floor like all the other times.

that's not how science works buddy.

How do we know that gravity existed before there were people? there was nobody to observe, Is it unreasonable to suppose that gravity existed before people?

Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Silenthps

[QUOTE="Silenthps"][QUOTE="Mr_sprinkles"]

Cosmic Evolution

Chemical Evolution

Mr_sprinkles

no, but you can see the radiation that it caused. You can see all the galaxies moving away from a single point. Like i said, not directly, but it is there.

You're getting your idea of proofs wrong. Scientifically proving something is different to logically proving something.

No matter how many times you drop a ball and watch it hit the floor, you cannot say it is logically proven that on your billionth test drop, it will fall to the ground. It's only inductive reasoning.

What you're saying is that because we haven't yet observed the billionth test drop, it is unreasonable, and unscientific to suppose that it will fall to the floor like all the other times.

that's not how science works buddy.

How do we know that gravity existed before there were people? there was nobody to observe, Is it unreasonable to suppose that gravity existed before people?

No, im saying that because we haven't seen the first test drop that it is unreasonable.

But hey lets use your logic for a second. The moon is moving away from the earth at a rate of 1 inch per year. Guess what kind of conclusion you can come up with by saying the earth is billions of years old?

Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Silenthps

[QUOTE="Silenthps"]If they microevolve for a few million years, they'll still be the same species just with small variations. This is of course, assuming that the earth is billions of years old. Funky_Llama

Wrong. ;) The variations are only minor over a short amount of time. Over a long amount of time, the changes, or course, get bigger.

In theory yes, but it hasn't been proven.
Mr_sprinkles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Mr_sprinkles
No, im saying that because we haven't seen the first test drop that it is unreasonable.

But hey lets use your logic for a second. The moon is moving away from the earth at a rate of 1 inch per year. Guess what kind of conclusion you can come up with by saying the earth is billions of years old?

Silenthps

. Do you even know why it's occuring?

our planet and moon is a complicated gravitational system, and so funnily enough doesn't behave quite as simply as that. the rate of change has varied a lot over time. How do we know if we weren't there? observations of the things it caused, how they have changed, etc etc. all sorts of things to do with tide, and even how fast the earth spins.

You are using "my logic" it's true. You're just don't have as much data available, nor do you know how to interpret it effectively. Nor do i really. but scientist do...

back to the bit you highlighted-

So what you're saying is that we may have dropped it abillion times, and it may have fallen to the floor every time, but just because we tested it a billion times doesn't give us grounds to assume that if we'd started testing a week earlier, the ball would've behaved the same. no?

reiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 reiv
Member since 2008 • 1038 Posts
[QUOTE="Funky_Llama"]

[QUOTE="Silenthps"]If they microevolve for a few million years, they'll still be the same species just with small variations. This is of course, assuming that the earth is billions of years old. Silenthps

We can easily observe the differences between species based on their locality. Changes that mean they can't interbreed, even if they look similar.

Mr_sprinkles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Mr_sprinkles
[QUOTE="Funky_Llama"]

[QUOTE="Silenthps"]If they microevolve for a few million years, they'll still be the same species just with small variations. This is of course, assuming that the earth is billions of years old. Silenthps

yes it has. we've been proving it for years, at least on the mutations front, with artificial selection. do you really think that dogs always had so many breeds?

before you say "it's still a dog though!" when does evolution ever say you go from one group to another? No biologist will tell you we evolved from apes. we are apes. Dogs didn't change from mammals into dogs, they are mammals.

mammals didn't change from vertibrates into mammals, they are vertibrates.

and so on.

it works forwards aswell. Chihuahuas didn't evolve from dogs- they are dogs.

Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Silenthps
[QUOTE="Silenthps"]No, im saying that because we haven't seen the first test drop that it is unreasonable.

Mr_sprinkles

. Do you even know why it's occuring?

our planet and moon is a complicated gravitational system, and so funnily enough doesn't behave quite as simply as that. the rate of change has varied a lot over time. How do we know if we weren't there? observations of the things it caused, how they have changed, etc etc. all sorts of things to do with tide, and even how fast the earth spins.

You are using "my logic" it's true. You're just don't have as much data available, nor do you know how to interpret it effectively. Nor do i really. but scientist do...

back to the bit you highlighted-

So what you're saying is that we may have dropped it abillion times, and it may have fallen to the floor every time, but just because we tested it a billion times doesn't give us grounds to assume that if we'd started testing a week earlier, the ball would've behaved the same. no?

No, im saying we havent even dropped it a single time.
Mr_sprinkles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Mr_sprinkles

]No, im saying we havent even dropped it a single time.Silenthps
so what? We should assume that before we were around to drop things, gravity did not exist?That's the argument you appear to be making with evolution.

Avatar image for MetalGear_Ninty
MetalGear_Ninty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 MetalGear_Ninty
Member since 2008 • 6337 Posts

The comparison is innept in many ways. You can't equate the acceptance of evolution to belief in God.

MetalGear_Ninty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 MetalGear_Ninty

They are pretty much both equally skeptics. Only diffrence is, people who deny God, tend to hate him. So it's usually a bias that tips them to the other side.Silenthps

Hoe can you hate something you don't believe exists?

balindos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 balindos
Member since 2003 • 2424 Posts

[QUOTE="Silenthps"]They are pretty much both equally skeptics. Only diffrence is, people who deny God, tend to hate him. So it's usually a bias that tips them to the other side.MetalGear_Ninty

Hoe can you hate something you don't believe exists?

LOL I love that quote you have. "GOD IS DEAD. HE REMAINS DEAD. AND WE KILLED HIM" I have always thought that if we were created by some being or species, we killed them all. LOL. Machines and robots will do the same to us.

MetalGear_Ninty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 MetalGear_Ninty

[QUOTE="NaiKoN9293"]lets see. denying God which has been proven by noone shouldn't require a lot of skepticism. Denying evolution which has been proven by science should require a lot of skepticism.ASK_Story

There's no evidence for evolution, just a bunch of theories. There are no infallible proofs. Science hasn't proven anything, just brought in more questions than answers.

Did you ever hear the saying "It take more faith to believe in evolution?" Well, the saying is true. Science has not proven or disapproven evolution. And likewise, science has not disapproven the existence of God or a Supreme Being.

So how can you say science proved evolution? Which textbook and school are you studying from? Monkey University?

oh noez.

Somebody strayed from GGD and found himself wildly out of his depth.

A lot of what you said in that post didn't even really make any logical sense.

Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#139 Bourbons3
Member since 2003 • 24238 Posts
God cannot be proven, unless he actually did something. So God is easier to disprove.
Lansdowne5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Lansdowne5
Member since 2008 • 6015 Posts

Excellent topic Domatron. This really will be interesting. :D

Evolution could be proven as fact, if it was correct. God on the other hand, can neither be proven nor disproven. For God to exist, he must also have been able to exist before he created the laws of Science, therefore meaning we would not necessarily be able to prove him using those very laws which he created. An athiest's whole argument is that God cannot be scientifically proven so why should they believe in him, this requires more skeptism because they cannot and are not able to disprove him. Whereas Evolution, is merely a natural thoery, which can be proven defintely one way or the other, so this, in turn, requires very little skepticism to not believe in it.

metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

Evolution could be proven as fact, if it was correct. God on the other hand, can neither be proven nor disproven. For God to exist, he must also have been able to exist before he created the laws of Science, therefore meaning we would not necessarily be able to prove him using those very laws which he created. An athiests whole argument is that God cannot be scientifically proven so why should they believe in him, this requires more skeptism because they cannot and are not able to disprove him. Whereas Evolution, is merely a natural thoery, which can be proven defintely one way or the other,so this, in turn, requires very little skepticism to not believe in it.

Lansdowne5

Except if the scientific theory of evolution has more evidence in favor of it (which it does) then it requires more skepticism to not believe in it rather than not believing in something with no proof one way or another.

GrandTheftHalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 GrandTheftHalo
Member since 2004 • 4187 Posts
god can't exactly be proven, evolution is more close to being proved then god.
Lansdowne5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Lansdowne5
[QUOTE="Lansdowne5"]

Evolution could be proven as fact, if it was correct. God on the other hand, can neither be proven nor disproven. For God to exist, he must also have been able to exist before he created the laws of Science, therefore meaning we would not necessarily be able to prove him using those very laws which he created. An athiests whole argument is that God cannot be scientifically proven so why should they believe in him, this requires more skeptism because they cannot and are not able to disprove him. Whereas Evolution, is merely a natural thoery, which can be proven defintely one way or the other,so this, in turn, requires very little skepticism to not believe in it.

metroidfood

Except if the scientific theory of evolution has more evidence in favor of it (which it does) then it requires more skepticism to not believe in it rather than not believing in something with no proof one way or another.

No, because my point is that either way, Evolution can be proven. So to not believe in it at the stage where it has not been proven yet takes much less skepticism than it does to completely discount God.

metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts
[QUOTE="metroidfood"][QUOTE="Lansdowne5"]

Lansdowne5

No, because my point is that either way, Evolution can be proven. So to not believe in it at the stage where it has not been proven yet takes much less skepticism than it does to completely discount God.

Except God can't be proven. So it takes more skepticism to not believe something that has plenty of evidence (even if it hasn't been completely and thoroughly beyond doubt proven) rather than something with no evidence that can't be disproved.

ithilgore2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#146 ithilgore2006
Member since 2006 • 10494 Posts
[QUOTE="Mr_sprinkles"]

Cosmic Evolution

Chemical Evolution

Silenthps

May I please see the video of Jesus coming back to life after being executed?
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Theokhoth
Member since 2008 • 36799 Posts
There is a distinct difference between skepticism and pseudo-skepticism.
Lansdowne5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Lansdowne5
[QUOTE="Lansdowne5"][QUOTE="metroidfood"][QUOTE="Lansdowne5"]

metroidfood

Except God can't be proven. So it takes more skepticism to not believe something that has plenty of evidence (even if it hasn't been completely and thoroughly beyond doubt proven) rather than something with no evidence that can't be disproved.

I disagree but now it really boils down to what is considered 'evidence'.

Avatar image for deactivated-6224691f9a882
deactivated-6224691f9a882

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 deactivated-6224691f9a882
Member since 2005 • 868 Posts
[QUOTE="Silenthps"]

[QUOTE="astiop"]

See ASK_Story, the reason that the evolution vs creationism debate is still going on is because the creationist havent got the slightest clue on evolution, just like yourself. Otherwise you wouldn't be making rediculous statements like "oh how did life come to be" and "prove that humans evolved from monkeys", because evolution:

1. Does not touch the subject of the origin of life, Abiogenesis does (bet you haven't even heard of Abiogenesis but w/e)

2. The theory of evolution doesn't state half the jargon you like to state it does.

Creationists just have a limitless suply of **** to pull out of their asses and at one point or the other it gets completely pointless to debate them. Evolution has bin observed, yet you still deny it. A chicken would be more likely to try and understand a thing or two about science than you and some other creationists.

astiop

Just to clear things up. When Creationist say there's no evidence for evolution, or that it has not been observed. We're talking about the whole naturalistic story of it all the way up to the big bang. Saying that evolution has been proven or has been observed is just as retarded as a Christian saying that because Jesus existed, everything in the bible is true. Yes, one small part of the whole evolution story has been proven true (aka microevolution) But to say that because that part exist that every other claim of the story is true is rediculous. Especially when all you have to support your claim are a bunch of bones and the only thing you know about them is how much potassium argon it has.

Did you just call evolution a story and microevolution "one small part" of it? It's retarded to say evolution has bin proven or observed? Go say that to all the scientists who actually observed and proved it. There is nothing in comon between science and jesus. All you got going for you is the Bible, all science has going for it is proof and facts, backed up by years and years of study and research.

You people spit in the faces of the people who try to push humanity forward and try to answer some of our biggest questions, and when they do, you take a massive dump all over their hard work and tremendous effort, and take the word of a book filled with fairytales instead.

To shame. You make me sick, every single one of you who pollute this world with your ignorance. I'm done with all these creationist threads. There is no further point in spending another second arguing with you.

Super succinct fella, i'm with you!

domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 domatron23
Member since 2007 • 6226 Posts

Oh goodness I thought this thread had died long ago. Oh well seems like the poll results are pretty clear, people think that evolution takes more skepticism to deny.

There is a distinct difference between skepticism and pseudo-skepticism.Theokhoth

Could you elaborate on that a little?