Evolution or God, which requires more skepticism to deny?

• 176 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts
[QUOTE="ASK_Story"]

Science has never proven that we came from monkeys or other things about the origins of life. You can believe that if you want, that's your choice.

DeeJayInphinity

I don't think science will ever prove we came from monkeys.. because we didn't. :lol: Why don't you learn about this stuff before you try debating?

Okay then. Science has never proven we came from a single cell spore, amoeba, bacteria, virus, whatever.

Show me that proof. You can't can you.

Oh it happened billions and billions of years ago. Really? Were you alive billions of years ago? Were the scientists who wrote the textbooks or does research alive billions on years ago?

pete_merlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#52 pete_merlin
Member since 2007 • 6098 Posts
...maybe god created evolution?
Avatar image for DeeJayInphinity
DeeJayInphinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 DeeJayInphinity
Member since 2004 • 13415 Posts
[QUOTE="DeeJayInphinity"][QUOTE="ASK_Story"]

Science has never proven that we came from monkeys or other things about the origins of life. You can believe that if you want, that's your choice.

ASK_Story

I don't think science will ever prove we came from monkeys.. because we didn't. :lol: Why don't you learn about this stuff before you try debating?

Okay then. Science has never proven we came from a single cell spore, amoeba, bacteria, virus, whatever.

We didn't evolve from a virus, or a bacteria, or an amoeba, or a single cell spore. :|
And a virus? A virus? Are you serious? Dude, finish high school biology and then debate about this stuff.
How can you honestly deny evolution when you don't know an ounce of it? :?
Avatar image for deactivated-6224691f9a882
deactivated-6224691f9a882

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 deactivated-6224691f9a882
Member since 2005 • 868 Posts

ASK_Story

Oh it happened billions and billions of years ago. Really? Were you alive billions of years ago? Were the scientists who wrote the textbooks or does research alive billions on years ago?

Why are you so desperate to believe there's a God? What do you need him for? (Id just like to know, if you don't mind)

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 ASK_Story

...maybe god created evolution?pete_merlin

So you do present the suggestion that God or a Supreme Being exists?

That's what I'm trying to present here. People here say that there's no God but evolution created life. I'm just trying to contradict, challenge, or debate that maybe there is a God and that evolution isn't the all proven truth.

Here's another challenge, let's say the big bang theory or we evolving from a single cell is true. Okay, then who put that cell or thing that caused the big bang? Someone must've put it there. But you may say, it's from the cosmic dust that gathered over a period or trillion years. Okay then, who put the dust there? Something or someone must've put it there.

Then aliens put it there. Okay then, who created the aliens?

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 ASK_Story
[QUOTE="ASK_Story"][QUOTE="DeeJayInphinity"][QUOTE="ASK_Story"]

DeeJayInphinity

We didn't evolve from a virus, or a bacteria, or an amoeba, or a single cell spore. :|
And a virus? A virus? Are you serious? Dude, finish high school biology and then debate about this stuff.
How can you honestly deny evolution when you don't know an ounce of it? :?

I'm being a little sarcastic.

reiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 reiv
Member since 2008 • 1038 Posts
ASK_Story, you need to stop. Honestly you are creating strawman after strawman without even realizing it. If you want to argue against evolution that is good, but at least understand what you are arguing against.
DrSponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 DrSponge
Member since 2008 • 12763 Posts
I don't know why people think evolution and God conflict...
DeeJayInphinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 DeeJayInphinity

[QUOTE="pete_merlin"]...maybe god created evolution?ASK_Story

That's what I'm trying to present here. People here say that there's no God but evolution created life. I'm just trying to contradict, challenge, or debate that maybe there is a God and that evolution isn't the all proven truth.

Here's another challenge, let's say the big bang theory or we evolving from a single cell is true. Okay, then who put that cell or thing that caused the big bang? Someone must've put it there. But you may say, it's from the cosmic dust that gathered over a period or trillion years. Okay then, who put the dust there? Something or someone must've put it there.

Damn you Poe's Law.
Some of the things you're saying are so silly that it's hard to take you seriously.
zakkro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#60 zakkro
Member since 2004 • 48823 Posts

[QUOTE="pete_merlin"]...maybe god created evolution?ASK_Story

/facepalm x 1.00 x 10^10000

Evolution deals with life that already exists, not the origin of it. Also, just because one believes in evolution does not mean they don't believe in a higher being.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 ASK_Story

duncancameron23

Why are you so desperate to believe there's a God? What do you need him for? (Id just like to know, if you don't mind)

It's your choice or my choice to believe in God or not.

All I'm trying to do is challenge the people in these boards who claim that evolution is truth.

My take is, since evolution hasn't been completely proven or disapproven, it can't be claimed as truth. That's all I'm trying to point out.

Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Silenthps
Member since 2006 • 7302 Posts

[QUOTE="Silenthps"]They are pretty much both equally skeptics. Only diffrence is, people who deny God, tend to hate him. So it's usually a bias that tips them to the other side.duncancameron23

Difficult to hate something that doesn't exist in my opinion. But what i do hate is the moral high-ground people think they have when they are religious. Why should there morals be in anyway superior to anybody else's, go figure?

Well first, it's not the peoples morals, its Gods morals. When Jesus preached, he told the people he does not come on his own authority, but under the authority of the father. If people are acting self righteous about their moral beliefs then its not representative of what the bible teaches and is actually going against it.
DeeJayInphinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 DeeJayInphinity

ASK_Story
Without being sarcastic.. who do you think science says we (humans) evolved from?
FamiBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 FamiBox
Member since 2007 • 5481 Posts
[QUOTE="FamiBox"][QUOTE="ASK_Story"]

[QUOTE="NaiKoN9293"]lets see. denying God which has been proven by noone shouldn't require a lot of skepticism. Denying evolution which has been proven by science should require a lot of skepticism.ASK_Story

There's no evidence for evolution, just a bunch of theories

There is mountains of evidence for evolution. Why not just read a book and see? It is a scientific fact.

Also, you use the word "theory" out of context.

A scientific "theory" can also be a fact (just like gravity etc.)

Really? You believe everything in the book? How about all the other books that contradict or challenge evolution? How about those books?

Sorry, but you can't just read one text-book and say it's the truth. One truth maybe not truth to others.

And by the way, I've been to UCLA, and I never came across a science class where they said evolution is a scientific fact. I'm referining to the origins or life vs creation NOT heredity or adapting to the environment.

Have science proven we evolved from Monkeys? Have sciene proven the big bang theory is real? Not the word, Theory. It's not proven. It's not fact. And it also takes some faith to believe in these things.

lolz

You're not even worth debating with.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 ASK_Story
[QUOTE="ASK_Story"]

DeeJayInphinity

Without being sarcastic.. who do you think science says we (humans) evolved from?

Does it matter really? What matters is if it's truth or not.

But it's not proven so whether I say monkeys, a single cell, or even from aliens, it doesn't matter because it isn't truth.

daftdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 daftdog
Member since 2003 • 910 Posts

ASK_Story

Heres a great example of someone debating about something they know nothing about. Have you ever heard of carbon dating? It amazes me how you can discredit the very earth you live on, we are able to see through rock formation, fossils and the atmosphere how long this planet has been around. This is the difference between a religious person and scientific person. A scientific person at least has knowledge of religious teachings and it's history, a religious person however does not bother to learn about the very planet it lives off. I actually feel very sad for you.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 ASK_Story
[QUOTE="ASK_Story"][QUOTE="FamiBox"][QUOTE="ASK_Story"]

[QUOTE="NaiKoN9293"]lets see. denying God which has been proven by noone shouldn't require a lot of skepticism. Denying evolution which has been proven by science should require a lot of skepticism.FamiBox

There is mountains of evidence for evolution. Why not just read a book and see? It is a scientific fact.

Really? You believe everything in the book? How about all the other books that contradict or challenge evolution? How about those books?

Sorry, but you can't just read one text-book and say it's the truth. One truth maybe not truth to others.

And by the way, I've been to UCLA, and I never came across a science class where they said evolution is a scientific fact. I'm referining to the origins or life vs creation NOT heredity or adapting to the environment.

Have science proven we evolved from Monkeys? Have sciene proven the big bang theory is real? Not the word, Theory. It's not proven. It's not fact. And it also takes some faith to believe in these things.

lolz

Why not?

Becauase we can argue and discuss forever, but you still can't prove the big bang theory or evolving from monkeys actually happened.

DrSponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 DrSponge
Member since 2008 • 12763 Posts

ASK_Story

But it's not proven so whether I say monkeys, a single cell, or even from aliens, it doesn't matter because it isn't truth.

Darwin's theory is that we shared a common ancestor to apes. Not that we evolved from monkeys...Just clearing that up

DeeJayInphinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 DeeJayInphinity

ASK_Story

Well, you didn't even answer the question. So answer the question, and read it carefully this time. :roll: I'll restate it just to make it easier. Without being sarcastic.. science says we directly evolved from ______________.
Fill in the answer.
Side note: The phrase "science says" pisses me off.
FamiBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 FamiBox
[QUOTE="FamiBox"][QUOTE="ASK_Story"][QUOTE="FamiBox"][QUOTE="ASK_Story"]

[QUOTE="NaiKoN9293"]lets see. denying God which has been proven by noone shouldn't require a lot of skepticism. Denying evolution which has been proven by science should require a lot of skepticism.ASK_Story

lolz

Why not?

Becauase we can argue and discuss forever, but you still can't prove the big bang theory or evolving from monkeys actually happened.

Stop embarrassing yourself.

Tell you what.. you go and study evolution for a bit (and not on some creationist website) and get to understand it better.

I do not need to "prove" anything. I'm not your teacher. If you want to see the evidence for yourself, go read up on it. There's tons of evidence. You don't even understand evolution, so how can I have any hope of debating with you?. It's pointless.

astiop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 astiop
Member since 2005 • 3582 Posts

See ASK_Story, the reason that the evolution vs creationism debate is still going on is because the creationist havent got the slightest clue on evolution, just like yourself. Otherwise you wouldn't be making rediculous statements like "oh how did life come to be" and "prove that humans evolved from monkeys", because evolution:

1. Does not touch the subject of the origin of life, Abiogenesis does (bet you haven't even heard of Abiogenesis but w/e)

2. The theory of evolution doesn't state half the jargon you like to state it does.

Creationists just have a limitless suply of **** to pull out of their asses and at one point or the other it gets completely pointless to debate them. Evolution has bin observed, yet you still deny it. A chicken would be more likely to try and understand a thing or two about science than you and some other creationists.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 ASK_Story

daftdog

Heres a great example of someone debating about something they know nothing about. Have you ever heard of carbon dating? It amazes me how you can discredit the very earth you live on, we are able to see through rock formation, fossils and the atmosphere how long this planet has been around. This is the difference between a religious person and scientific person. A scientific person at least has knowledge of religious teachings and it's history, a religious person however does not bother to learn about the very planet it lives off. I actually feel very sad for you.

Carbon dating and all that really doesn't matter in this argument because the question I'm presenting is, "Who put those rocks, formation, fossils, atmosphere, on the earth? Where did it come from? How did it all began?"

Since you can't prove who or what put it there, you can throw around fancy terms like carbon dating all you want but it still doesn't prove or disapprove that God or a Supreme Being exists or not. It also doesn't proves or disapproves evolution as truth at all.

That's what I'm challenging here.

Also, carbon dating isn't accurate. It's unaprovable assumptions.

We must remember that the past is not open to the normal processes of experimental science. A scientist cannot do experiments on events that happened in the past. Scientists do not measure the age of rocks, they measure isotope concentrations, and these can be measured extremely accurately. However, the "age" is calculated using assumptions about the past that cannot be proven.

This is what God said in the Bible: "Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth?" Job 38:4

When I read this here, it shows that neither carbon dating or creation can be proven to determine the earth's age.

http://www.christiananswers.net/q-aig/aig-c007.html

So in my opinion, just believing whatever school textbook says about carbon dating is also very sad. You have to see the whole sides not just one. Than you're being narrow minded.

I'm seeing both sides. And my conclusion is, it takes faith for both.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 ASK_Story

See ASK_Story, the reason that the evolution vs creationism debate is still going on is because the creationist havent got the slightest clue on evolution, just like yourself. Otherwise you wouldn't be making rediculous statements like "oh how did life come to be" and "prove that humans evolved from monkeys", because evolution:

1. Does not touch the subject of the origin of life, Abiogenesis does (bet you haven't even heard of Abiogenesis but w/e)

2. The theory of evolution doesn't state half the jargon you like to state it does.

Creationists just have a limitless suply of **** to pull out of their asses and at one point or the other it gets completely pointless to debate them. Evolution has bin observed, yet you still deny it. A chicken would be more likely to try and understand a thing or two about science than you and some other creationists.

astiop

The point is, evolution still hasn't been proven or disapproven. You can throw all the evolution jargon to me but it still doesn't give definite proof or infallible truth that God doesn't exist. And likewise, the existence of a Creator hasn't been proven or disapproven.

I'm not forcing you to believe in God or change your beliefs. I'm just presenting the notion that a Creator can exist.And that it takes faith to believe in either. You say Creationists are narrow minded, but I also say evolutionists are narrowminded. Because they completely deny the existiance of a Creator when they have no proof or evidence that a Creator may exist.

Evolutionist want to believe that there's no Creator or else they'd be held accountable. A Creator means that there's a higher purpose in life and certain rules they must follow. Evolution takes away these responsibilites, therefore, no Creator to serve.

Anyway, you get what I'm saying. It takes faith to believe in either or because either or hasn't been proven or not proven.

DeeJayInphinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 DeeJayInphinity

ASK_Story
It's 100% clear that you have NOT seen both sides; you still haven't looked at evolution. And that's what everyone else is telling you.
I mean.. it's cool if you study evolution and you just don't like it, but how can you deny it when you don't know ANYTHING about it? And you've made that very clear in more than one instance.
Study it before you try talking against it.
7guns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#75 7guns
Member since 2006 • 1449 Posts
The person denying god on the basis of simple logics and hard facts is more skeptic. It's the doubt that led the person down that path. On the other hand the person denying evolution is getting facts from some religious book and the part where those books are unclear, faith takes over. So those who don't believe evolution are less skeptic.
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 ASK_Story
[QUOTE="ASK_Story"]

DeeJayInphinity

It's 100% clear that you have NOT seen both sides; you still haven't looked at evolution. And that's what everyone else is telling you.
I mean.. it's cool if you study evolution and you just don't like it, but how can you deny it when you don't know ANYTHING about it? And you've made that very clear in more than one instance.

You haven't read any of my posts. I said you can't prove or disapprove evolution, and likewise, you can't prove or disapprove the existence of a Creator.

Therefore, it takes faith to believe in a Creator or in evolution.

What or who you believe is up to you.

astiop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 astiop
[QUOTE="astiop"]

ASK_Story

The point is, evolution still hasn't been proven or disapproven. You can throw all the evolution jargon to me but it still doesn't give definite proof or infallible truth that God doesn't exist. And likewise, the existence of a Creator hasn't been proven or disapproven.

I'm not forcing you to believe in God or change your beliefs. I'm just presenting the notion that a Creator can exist. That doesn't sound unreasonable to me.

I'm not telling you that evolution disproves God, that is not what evolution is about. Evolution is a theory, not believing in evolution is the same as not believing in any scientific theory to date, as they have all been through the same process to be called theories. Evolution has been observed and has been proven.

DeeJayInphinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 DeeJayInphinity

ASK_Story

You haven't read any of my posts. I said you can't prove or disapprove evolution, and likewise, you can't prove or disapprove the existence of a Creator.

I have read your posts. They're funny. :lol:
And evolution has been proven. On more than one occasion, using more than one scientific discipline.
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 ASK_Story
[QUOTE="ASK_Story"][QUOTE="astiop"]

astiop

I'm not forcing you to believe in God or change your beliefs. I'm just presenting the notion that a Creator can exist. That doesn't sound unreasonable to me.

I'm not telling you that evolution disproves God, that is not what evolution is about. Evolution is a theory, not believing in evolution is the same as not believing in any scientific theory to date, as they have all bin through the same process to be called theories. Evolution has bin observed and has bin proven.

There are two kinds of evolution, evolution as theory and evolution as fact. I'm discussing about people denying the existence of a Creator and claiming evolution as truth and fact. Which you clearly said that evolution doesn't disapprove God.

That's all.

Avatar image for deactivated-6224691f9a882
deactivated-6224691f9a882

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 deactivated-6224691f9a882
Member since 2005 • 868 Posts
[QUOTE="duncancameron23"][QUOTE="ASK_Story"][QUOTE="DeeJayInphinity"][QUOTE="ASK_Story"]

ASK_Story

All I'm trying to do is challenge the people in these boards who claim that evolution is truth.

My take is, since evolution hasn't been completely proven or disapproven, it can't be claimed as truth. That's all I'm trying to point out.

I understand that but i could easily use the same argument about Jesus as it's now been proved from records that he wasn't even born in Bethlehem yet it's claimed as truth (links can be found in the God delusion by Richard Dawson). Evolution is founded on the best evidence we have. The bible is based on sketchy evedence at best and whatever personal believe scribes had about God etc for the last 900 years and then stayed roughly the same after the Gutenberg press was invented.

But if you don't mind me being picky id still like to know why your choice was to belive in God.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 ASK_Story

DeeJayInphinity

And evolution has been proven. On more than one occasion, using more than one scientific discipline.

Does it prove that there's no God?

Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Silenthps

astiop

Just to clear things up. When Creationist say there's no evidence for evolution, or that it has not been observed. We're talking about the whole naturalistic story of it all the way up to the big bang. Saying that evolution has been proven or has been observed is just as retarded as a Christian saying that because Jesus existed, everything in the bible is true. Yes, one small part of the whole evolution story has been proven true (aka microevolution) But to say that because that part exist that every other claim of the story is true is rediculous. Especially when all you have to support your claim are a bunch of bones and the only thing you know about them is how much potassium argon it has.

FamiBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 FamiBox
[QUOTE="DeeJayInphinity"][QUOTE="ASK_Story"][QUOTE="DeeJayInphinity"][QUOTE="ASK_Story"]

ASK_Story

You can't 100% disprove anything.. so.. no.

Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Funky_Llama
Member since 2006 • 18428 Posts

[QUOTE="astiop"]

Silenthps

Just to clear things up. When Creationist say there's no evidence for evolution, or that it has not been observed. We're talking about the whole naturalistic story of it all the way up to the big bang. Saying that evolution has been proven or has been observed is just as retarded as a Christian saying that because Jesus existed, everything in the bible is true. Yes, one small part of the whole evolution story has been proven true (aka microevolution) But to say that because that part exist that every other claim of the story is true is rediculous. Especially when all you have to support your claim are a bunch of bones and the only thing you know about them is how much potassium argon it has.

Microevolution and macroevolution are the same process. Looks like evolution is true after all. ;)

DeeJayInphinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 DeeJayInphinity

ASK_Story
Why would it disprove god? :?
zakkro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#86 zakkro
Member since 2004 • 48823 Posts

[QUOTE="astiop"]

Silenthps

Evolution deals with life that's already there... as in, it couldn't happen before the Big Bang. :? No, it isn't as retarted, because there is evidence. Just because you ignore evidence doesn't mean its not there. And again, microevolution and macro are the same thing... the only real difference is time scale. Small changes over millions of years can appear to be big changes when comparing them to their origin. And I do not see how "how much potassium argon it has" isn't valid... there's more than one way to see how old a fossil is, and they test it multiple times and in different labs... :|
astiop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 astiop

[QUOTE="astiop"]

Silenthps

Did you just call evolution a story and microevolution "one small part" of it? It's retarded to say evolution has bin proven or observed? Go say that to all the scientists who actually observed and proved it. There is nothing in comon between science and jesus. All you got going for you is the Bible, all science has going for it is proof and facts, backed up by years and years of study and research.

You people spit in the faces of the people who try to push humanity forward and try to answer some of our biggest questions, and when they do, you take a massive dump all over their hard work and tremendous effort, and take the word of a book filled with fairytales instead.

To shame. You make me sick, every single one of you who pollute this world with your ignorance. I'm done with all these creationist threads. There is no further point in spending another second arguing with you.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 ASK_Story
[QUOTE="ASK_Story"][QUOTE="duncancameron23"][QUOTE="ASK_Story"][QUOTE="DeeJayInphinity"][QUOTE="ASK_Story"]

duncancameron23

I understand that but i could easily use the same argument about Jesus as it's now been proved from records that he wasn't even born in Bethlehem yet it's claimed as truth (links can be found in the God delusion by Richard Dawson). Evolution is founded on the best evidence we have. The bible is based on sketchy evedence at best and whatever personal believe scribes had about God etc for the last 900 years and then stayed roughly the same after the Gutenberg press was invented.

But if you don't mind me being picky id still like to know why your choice was to belive in God.

Simple. God is in the details. I look at all the wonderful and amazing beautiful animals in nature and I just wonder at its incredible design. I doubted if God existed once too, I admit that. But whenever I see a bird flying through the air or a spider weave its web, or ants living as one organism without a leader to guide them, or the eyes of a bald eagle looking straight at me in those National Geographic pictures, I just sit speechless to how amazing they are designed.

That's why I'm convinced that someone, a Creator, must've designed these animals and insects. I just can't believe it came about by chance. There's too much design. It's too beautiful. It's to impossible for me to comprehed how these animals and insects existed out of nothingness.

Same thing with my little niece or my nephews. Human reproduction is to difficult to understand. Science may explain how it takes place but yet we still marvel everytime it happens, saying "it's the miracle of life."

That's why I know that there's a Creator. And it's not just the animals or nature, but the mountains, oceans, galaxies, stars, the sun, etc. Even the plants and trees. Like the avacado how it's full of oil and nutrients whereas the pomegranate has thousands of little fruit like seeds inside its shell. It's too beautifully designed. How can I convince myself that it all happened by chance or came about out of nothingness? There's got to be a higher purpose to it.

I'm not forcing or trying to convince anyone to believe in God. I'm just challenging those who say that there is no Creator. That's all.

luke1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 luke1889
Member since 2004 • 14617 Posts
[QUOTE="duncancameron23"]Why are you so desperate to believe there's a God? What do you need him for? (Id just like to know, if you don't mind)

ASK_Story

ASK_Story

When it comes to dodging the question, you're a freaking genius. :lol:

You should be in politics.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 ASK_Story
[QUOTE="ASK_Story"]

DeeJayInphinity

That's what I'm trying to point out here.

If you read my posts, all I'm saying is that since evolution nor creation is proven or disapproved, it also means that there's the possiblity of a Creator.

luke1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 luke1889

Simple. God is in the details. I look at all the wonderful and amazing beautiful animals in nature and I just wonder at its incredible design. I doubted if God existed once too, I admit that. But whenever I see a bird flying through the air or a spider weave its web, or ants living as one organism without a leader to guide them, or the eyes of a bald eagle looking straight at me in those National Geographic pictures, I just sit speechless to how amazing they are designed.ASK_Story

The theories of abiogenesis and evolution can give you the answers to that also.

DeeJayInphinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 DeeJayInphinity

ASK_Story

That's what I'm trying to point out here.

If you read my posts, all I'm saying is that since evolution nor creation is proven or disapproved, it also means that there's the possiblity of a Creator.

I've read your posts. They consist of you making **** up.
And I'm saying that evolution has been proven to be true. That's all. :)
Mr_sprinkles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Mr_sprinkles
Member since 2005 • 6461 Posts

[QUOTE="astiop"]

Silenthps

evolution started after the first organisms came into being. The theory of evolution is not dependent on what came before it. Even if there was no big bang, the world was created by god and he put the first organisms down on this planet, from then on it was evolution that got us from those first few simple cells to all the life you see today.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 ASK_Story

[QUOTE="ASK_Story"]Simple. God is in the details. I look at all the wonderful and amazing beautiful animals in nature and I just wonder at its incredible design. I doubted if God existed once too, I admit that. But whenever I see a bird flying through the air or a spider weave its web, or ants living as one organism without a leader to guide them, or the eyes of a bald eagle looking straight at me in those National Geographic pictures, I just sit speechless to how amazing they are designed.luke1889

The theories of abiogenesis and evolution can give you the answers to that also.

It also presents more questions.

Since it's a limited field of research and difficult to study, even though it impacted biology, they're mostly hypothesis NOT fact or truth.

Some people say abiogenesis is impossible. I'm speaking neutrally here and not from a creationist point of view.

Just a thought.

daftdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 daftdog
Member since 2003 • 910 Posts
[QUOTE="Silenthps"]

[QUOTE="astiop"]

Mr_sprinkles

evolution started after the first organisms came into being. The theory of evolution is not dependent on what came before it. Even if there was no big bang, the world was created by god and he put the first organisms down on this planet, from then on it was evolution that got us from those first few simple cells to all the life you see today.

Actually if you knew anything you would know that Volcanoes are the reason we are here today. Life nearly did not exist if it wasn't for volcanoes erupting releasing precious carbon dioxide which is essential for life to exist in the first place. If it wasn't for those volcanoes relasing C02 which then created the earths atmosphere which then led to water, none of us would be here today. So are the volcanoes god?

Mr_sprinkles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Mr_sprinkles
[QUOTE="luke1889"]

[QUOTE="ASK_Story"]Simple. God is in the details. I look at all the wonderful and amazing beautiful animals in nature and I just wonder at its incredible design. I doubted if God existed once too, I admit that. But whenever I see a bird flying through the air or a spider weave its web, or ants living as one organism without a leader to guide them, or the eyes of a bald eagle looking straight at me in those National Geographic pictures, I just sit speechless to how amazing they are designed.ASK_Story

Since it's a limited field of research and difficult to study, even though it impacted biology, they're mostly hypothesis NOT fact or truth.

Some people say abiogenesis is impossible. I'm speaking neutrally here and not from a creationist point of view.

Just a thought.

evolution is a most definately not just a hypothesis. Who's ass are you pulling this stuff from?
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 ASK_Story
[QUOTE="ASK_Story"][QUOTE="luke1889"]

[QUOTE="ASK_Story"]Simple. God is in the details. I look at all the wonderful and amazing beautiful animals in nature and I just wonder at its incredible design. I doubted if God existed once too, I admit that. But whenever I see a bird flying through the air or a spider weave its web, or ants living as one organism without a leader to guide them, or the eyes of a bald eagle looking straight at me in those National Geographic pictures, I just sit speechless to how amazing they are designed.Mr_sprinkles

Just a thought.

evolution is a most definately not a hypothesis. Who's ass are you pulling this stuff from?

I'm talking about abiogenesis here.

luke1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 luke1889
[QUOTE="luke1889"]

[QUOTE="ASK_Story"]Simple. God is in the details. I look at all the wonderful and amazing beautiful animals in nature and I just wonder at its incredible design. I doubted if God existed once too, I admit that. But whenever I see a bird flying through the air or a spider weave its web, or ants living as one organism without a leader to guide them, or the eyes of a bald eagle looking straight at me in those National Geographic pictures, I just sit speechless to how amazing they are designed.ASK_Story

Just a thought.

I guess that's fair enough. Just so you know...evolution is considered scientific fact by the scientific community and if you're not part of that, of course you'll disagree.

Abiogenesis is a little less concrete but it's the best we've got given the evidence and until something contradictory comes along. And we'll certainly keep on searching.

The thing with science is it never claims to have devine truth. All it does is reach educated conclusions based on evidence and observation. When all scientists do it look at what is before them, I struggle to see how you can refuse it so violently.

Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Silenthps
[QUOTE="Silenthps"]

[QUOTE="astiop"]

zakkro

Evolution deals with life that's already there... as in, it couldn't happen before the Big Bang. :? No, it isn't as retarted, because there is evidence. Just because you ignore evidence doesn't mean its not there. And again, microevolution and macro are the same thing... the only real difference is time scale. Small changes over millions of years can appear to be big changes when comparing them to their origin. And I do not see how "how much potassium argon it has" isn't valid... there's more than one way to see how old a fossil is, and they test it multiple times and in different labs... :|

I know. I'm saying when Creationist talk about evolution, they are not just talking about micro and macro... They are also talking about

Cosmic Evolution

Chemical Evolution

Abiogenisis aka Organic Evolution

and all other forms of evolution. Whereas evolutionist tend to only focus on micro and macroevolution because they have no evidence for any of the other forms. And they would rather laugh at a creationist for saying evolution has not been proven when they could actually be mature and say to the creationist "When I say evolution has been proven I am only talking about micro, I agree that all the other forms have not been proven."

Mr_sprinkles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Mr_sprinkles
[QUOTE="Mr_sprinkles"][QUOTE="ASK_Story"][QUOTE="luke1889"]

Just a thought.

evolution is a most definately not a hypothesis. Who's ass are you pulling this stuff from?

I'm talking about abiogenesis here.

sorry, you used the word "they're" I assumed you were talking about both. woopsie. :oops: