European Soccer: I don't get it

• 121 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#51 Bourbons3
Member since 2003 • 24238 Posts
Every play American football is exciting? A big chunk of them are over in less time than it took to get everyone on the field :|
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
American Football is much more dull, you sit and wait for five-ten minutes to see a team move just a few feet forward and then go to discuss tactics yet again for the 23rd time since the start of the match.
shadowprince92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#53 shadowprince92
Member since 2005 • 1420 Posts

[QUOTE="grenadexjumpr"]

[QUOTE="Engrish_Major"] What's the difference between a 215lb guy hitting another 215lb guy, or a 300lb guy hitting another 300lb guy?Engrish_Major

About 85 pounds. Its not about same size to same size. A 300lb lineman decking a 215 pound quaterback well...you just don't know pain like that, even with full bads.

How fast is the 300lb guy going? Hockey players skate up to 30mph, and hit each other into walls as well as at center ice.

Ray Lewis, one of the premier American football defensive players, had his tackles recorded at 1 metric ton of force. Nuff said.

kulmiye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 kulmiye
Member since 2004 • 12094 Posts

Take 10 minutes to go through the rosters of half the NFL teams, most linemen hover around the 300 pound mark. Even a lot of COLLEGE level linemen weigh in right around there.

grenadexjumpr
I guess you were right but how the heck can any of them move with any great speed?
grenadexjumpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 grenadexjumpr
Member since 2005 • 1120 Posts

American Football is much more dull, you sit and wait for five-ten minutes to see a team move just a few feet forward and then go to discuss tactics yet again for the 23rd time since the start of the match.Treflis

And you can watch an entire soccer match, 1.5hrs or more, and have it end in a zero-zero tie. Whats your point?

kulmiye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 kulmiye
[QUOTE="kulmiye"]The reason you don't get it is because you dumb good sir.Witchsight
No u dumb

*Takes off shirt* What, you want to start something.
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

Every play American football is exciting? A big chunk of them are over in less time than it took to get everyone on the field :|Bourbons3
Why does that matter? The point is to get yardage, not unnecessarily extend plays. It's like chess, just with big guys.

grenadexjumpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 grenadexjumpr

[QUOTE="grenadexjumpr"]

Take 10 minutes to go through the rosters of half the NFL teams, most linemen hover around the 300 pound mark. Even a lot of COLLEGE level linemen weigh in right around there.

kulmiye

I guess you were right but how the heck can any of them move with any great speed?

The leg strength of some those guys is absolutely insane. Check one weight numbers for most of their squats in the gym, insane amounts.

kulmiye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 kulmiye

The leg strength of some those guys is absolutely insane. Check one weight numbers for most of their squats in the gym, insane amounts.

grenadexjumpr
Yeah I just looked and they are freaks. Too bad their sprints doesn't last for more than a minute.
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Treflis

[QUOTE="Treflis"]American Football is much more dull, you sit and wait for five-ten minutes to see a team move just a few feet forward and then go to discuss tactics yet again for the 23rd time since the start of the match.grenadexjumpr

And you can watch an entire soccer match, 1.5hrs or more, and have it end in a zero-zero tie. Whats your point?

It's more exiting to watch them run around and attempt to score 10 or more goals in 15 minutes rather then watching a team move 8 feet forwards perhaps?
FragStains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 FragStains
Member since 2003 • 20668 Posts

[QUOTE="Engrish_Major"][QUOTE="grenadexjumpr"]

About 85 pounds. Its not about same size to same size. A 300lb lineman decking a 215 pound quaterback well...you just don't know pain like that, even with full bads.

grenadexjumpr

How fast is the 300lb guy going? Hockey players skate up to 30mph, and hit each other into walls as well as at center ice.

You'd be quite surprised how fast linemen can move. And lets not forget, they easily bench in the 400-500 pound range. I doubt any hockey player can do that. Speed mixed with raw strength ends up bad for the victim.

I guess this is part where I say that I doubt a 300 lbs lineman can skate backwards, right? We're going down this road?
grenadexjumpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 grenadexjumpr

[QUOTE="grenadexjumpr"]

[QUOTE="Engrish_Major"] How fast is the 300lb guy going? Hockey players skate up to 30mph, and hit each other into walls as well as at center ice.FragStains

You'd be quite surprised how fast linemen can move. And lets not forget, they easily bench in the 400-500 pound range. I doubt any hockey player can do that. Speed mixed with raw strength ends up bad for the victim.

I guess this is part where I say that I doubt a 300 lbs lineman can skate backwards, right? We're going down this road?

I'm not arguing that hockey players aren't talented themselves. I'd rather watch hockey than soccer. I'm just throwing first hand experience and facts out there as are you. The real battle is against that bore of a sport that europeans wet themselves over.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Renegade_Fury

[QUOTE="grenadexjumpr"]

[QUOTE="Treflis"]American Football is much more dull, you sit and wait for five-ten minutes to see a team move just a few feet forward and then go to discuss tactics yet again for the 23rd time since the start of the match.Treflis

It's more exiting to watch them run around and attempt to score 10 or more goals in 15 minutes rather then watching a team move 8 feet forwards perhaps?

8 feet? lol. Yup, that's all that happens for 2-3 hours. Care to try a real insult, or are you too blinded by hate?

Avatar image for heysharpshooter
heysharpshooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64 heysharpshooter
Member since 2009 • 6348 Posts

[QUOTE="grenadexjumpr"]

[QUOTE="Engrish_Major"] How fast is the 300lb guy going? Hockey players skate up to 30mph, and hit each other into walls as well as at center ice.FragStains

This is Jaaron Gilbert, a back-up defensive lineman for the Bears, and weighs about 300 pounds give or take.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXDSPbZ_OUw

Setsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#65 Setsa
Member since 2005 • 8431 Posts
Funny, the first thing I thought when I saw this thread was "the same can be said for american football" : /
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Treflis

[QUOTE="Treflis"][QUOTE="grenadexjumpr"]

Renegade_Fury

8 feet? lol. Yup, that's all that happens for 2-3 hours. Care to try a real insult, or are you to blinded by hate?

I was talking about what happens during 15 minutes into a match in both sports. Read the post more then once next time before you reply.
shadowprince92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#67 shadowprince92
Member since 2005 • 1420 Posts

Can I take the pacifist route and say we should agree to disagree? Seriously, no one is going to be convinced here. It all depends on the cultures of our countries... I'd be willing to bet if i was born in London rather than Boston that I would have no inclination to watch American football.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Renegade_Fury

[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]

[QUOTE="Treflis"]It's more exiting to watch them run around and attempt to score 10 or more goals in 15 minutes rather then watching a team move 8 feet forwards perhaps?Treflis

8 feet? lol. Yup, that's all that happens for 2-3 hours. Care to try a real insult, or are you to blinded by hate?

I was talking about what happens during 15 minutes into a match in both sports. Read the post more then once next time before you reply.

Oh, I see, that's totally different lol. So you think 8 feet is all that is accomplished in 15 minutes? I ask again, care to try a real insult?

Witchsight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Witchsight
Member since 2004 • 12145 Posts
[QUOTE="Witchsight"][QUOTE="kulmiye"]The reason you don't get it is because you dumb good sir.kulmiye
No u dumb

*Takes off shirt* What, you want to start something.

*Takes off pants* Lets do this!
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127506 Posts
Well... I don't really get American Football TC.. I guess we are even.
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Treflis

[QUOTE="Treflis"][QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]

Renegade_Fury

Oh, I see, that's totally different lol. So you think 8 feet is all that is accomplished in 15 minutes? I ask again, care to try a real insult?

Considering they tend to discuss tactics for a long time, yes. Also I am not attempting to insult the sport, I'm sure it is entertaining for most Americans but I just can't see the appeal due to the long waits before anything happens.
Memberino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Memberino
Member since 2004 • 2253 Posts
To be fair, some people don't like Soccer that much and prefer Rugby instead for some of the reasons the OP stated.
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Renegade_Fury

[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]

[QUOTE="Treflis"]I was talking about what happens during 15 minutes into a match in both sports. Read the post more then once next time before you reply.Treflis

Considering they tend to discuss tactics for a long time, yes. Also I am not attempting to insult the sport, I'm sure it is entertaining for most Americans but I just can't see the appeal due to the long waits before anything happens.

LOL, you say you're not insulting the sport and spout some jibberish like that? 8 feet is not even 3 yards. So basically no team achieves not even one first down, game time or not. Stop sipping the haterade, it's quite embarassing.

Bourbons3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Bourbons3
Member since 2003 • 24238 Posts

[QUOTE="Bourbons3"]Every play American football is exciting? A big chunk of them are over in less time than it took to get everyone on the field :|Renegade_Fury

Why does that matter? The point is to get yardage, not unnecessarily extend plays. It's like chess, just with big guys.

It matters because waiting 3 minutes, only to have a play last 10 seconds, is not exciting.
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Renegade_Fury
[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]

[QUOTE="Bourbons3"]Every play American football is exciting? A big chunk of them are over in less time than it took to get everyone on the field :|Bourbons3

It matters because waiting 3 minutes, only to have a play last 10 seconds, is not exciting.

3 minutes? Where do you Europeans come up with these numbers? If it's a legitimate drive, the next play has to go off in 40 seconds.
Big_Bad_Sad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Big_Bad_Sad
Member since 2005 • 18243 Posts

Watch the English Premier League. Best sports you'll ever see.

bangell99

I'll say I agree with this and just leave it at that. I'm not getting in to a Football vs American Football argument again.

icy06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 icy06
Member since 2005 • 727 Posts

I hate the way americans call football, soccer.

Smallville417

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Smallville417
Member since 2009 • 437 Posts

Soccer will NEVER be huge in the US. They have been talking about it for decades, and it has yet to catch on big time. I liked playing soccer as a child, and like playing it as a video game, but otherwise it bores me to death.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Treflis

[QUOTE="Treflis"][QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"] Oh, I see, that's totally different lol. So you think 8 feet is all that is accomplished in 15 minutes? I ask again, care to try a real insult?

Renegade_Fury

LOL, you say you're not insulting the sport and spout some jibberish like that? 8 feet is not even 3 yards. So basically no team achieves not even one first down, game time or not. Stop sipping the haterade, it's quite embarassing.

I should have known when I saw your American Football banner that this would be like talking to a wall. Fine, Soccer is more fast paced and thus higher probability that either team managed to score within a short timeframe rather then American Football which has a slower pace but also more or less is certain to have some point made by either team durring a match. The prospect of goals made and the high paced speed is what makes Soccer more fun to watch in my opinion rather then American Football. Sheesh.
Big_Bad_Sad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Big_Bad_Sad
Member since 2005 • 18243 Posts

icy06
I hate that too.
Avatar image for deactivated-64b76bd048860
deactivated-64b76bd048860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#81 deactivated-64b76bd048860
Member since 2007 • 4363 Posts

I agree with people who say watch the EPL. Its awesome and there is scoring ex. Manchester City beat Arsenal 4-2, and United beat Tottenham 3-1 last week.

Murj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#82 Murj
Member since 2008 • 4557 Posts

I started a trend. How awesome.

Football doesn't need to have goals to be exciting. Great shots and saves add excitement to the game and build suspense. Often cup finals are brilliant; there is usually a point where both teams abandon their set plays and just go for it all on instincts which is again, pretty exciting because it's fast and desperate.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Renegade_Fury

[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]

[QUOTE="Treflis"]Considering they tend to discuss tactics for a long time, yes. Also I am not attempting to insult the sport, I'm sure it is entertaining for most Americans but I just can't see the appeal due to the long waits before anything happens.Treflis

I should have known when I saw your American Football banner that this would be like talking to a wall. Fine, Soccer is more fast paced and thus higher probability that either team managed to score within a short timeframe rather then American Football which has a slower pace but also more or less is certain to have some point made by either team durring a match. The prospect of goals made and the high paced speed is what makes Soccer more fun to watch in my opinion rather then American Football. Sheesh.

Oh, so I'm a typical football fan? I see. Just to throw it out, I used to play soccer as a kid, and I do watch the World Cup. I respect your favorite sport, but that does not mean I'm going to be fine with insults against mine. You say you have the probability to score more in 15 minutes. Does that actually happen? Do soccer matches really typically end in 8-6 goals? No, so why even go there. In football any play has a chance at creating a large gain and possibly scoring, so I would argue that assumption of yours. Each football quarter is 15 minutes (game time), and even if it does take closer to 30 minutes in real life, chances are that a team will score more often than not. Unless it's a defensive struggle, you're not going to see a yard and cloud of dust for each play. With the variety of plays, both on offense and defense, and different ways of scoring, football is a very fun game to watch. If you don't like it that's fine, but actually watch the game first. If you didn't want to get in a debate, then don't setup flamebait. Sheesh back at you.

grenadexjumpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 grenadexjumpr

icy06

Americans hate the way you care about it so much. Does it bother you THAT much? How many Americans do you personally HEAR say it everyday?

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Treflis

[QUOTE="Treflis"][QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]

Renegade_Fury

Oh, so I'm a typical football fan? I see. Just to throw it out, I used to play soccer as a kid, and I do watch the World Cup. I respect your favorite sport, but that does not mean I'm going to be fine with insults against mine. You say you have the probabiluty to score more in 15 minutes. Does that actually happen? Do soccer matches really end in 8-6 goals? No, so why even go there. In football any play has a chance at creating a large gain and possibly scoring, so I would argue that assumption of yours. Each football quarter is 15 minutes (game time), and even if it does take closer to 30 minutes in real life, chances are that a team will score more often than not. Unless it's a defensive struggle, you're not going to see a yard and cloud of dust for each play. With the variety of plays, both on offense and defense, football is a very fun game to watch. If you don't like it that's fine, but actually watch the game first. If you didn't want to get in a debate, then don't setup flamebait. Sheesh back at you.

1. I've seen several American Football matches, Mostly though just to hang out with a friend who likes them and honestly I have tried to like it on several occassions but alas I can't. 2. No Soccer matches do not end in 6-8 score normally but the attempts create suspence and gets you engaged into the match. 3. I am not saying American Football is a bad sport I just find it too slow moving to generate any suspence or fun for me. 4. For the second time, I. Am. Not. Insulting. American Football. I am explaining why I don't find American Football fun to watch in comparison to Soccer, Even if someone doesn't like something then it doesn't mean they hate it. If anything the only thing I have insulted was, well, you. Not the Sport. So there you have it.
6_volts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 6_volts
Member since 2008 • 5520 Posts
Please, if you think "soccer" is about the amount of goals scored in a game then you are wrong, oh and what's so exciting about a fat guy tackling another fat guy? geez..if you don't get "soccer" then DON'T watch it and/or make threads about it. ;)
DFan17902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 DFan17902
Member since 2006 • 5427 Posts

I personally do not understand American Football. Too many lines, numbers, weird rules, etc... And I find it waaay to slow; always starting and stopping. ARF ftw!

I have nothing against it. It's just not my thing.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38678 Posts

[QUOTE="Bourbons3"]Every play American football is exciting? A big chunk of them are over in less time than it took to get everyone on the field :|Renegade_Fury

if that were true then televised chess would be a popular sport to watch.. americans like it because they get to see big people run into each other and fall down :P
iginlawasup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#89 iginlawasup
Member since 2008 • 1514 Posts

I think that we North Americans should call soccer football, that would make sense. Why do we call it soccer? And in football only when your kicking it is it in contact with foot, in soccer its all foot. But I have to admit, soccer is SOOOO boring to watch. No scoring, get it 3/4 down the field some guy kicks it all the way back. I do like to play it though. I watch CFl football and Ill sometimes watch nfl.

icy06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 icy06
Member since 2005 • 727 Posts

[QUOTE="icy06"]

grenadexjumpr

Americans hate the way you care about it so much. Does it bother you THAT much? How many Americans do you personally HEAR say it everyday?

No it doesn't bother me THAT much. When referring to the European sport, why not call it by the European name. You don't see people from the UK calling American Football, Rugby (the equivalent here), do you?

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Renegade_Fury

1. I've seen several American Football matches, Mostly though just to hang out with a friend who likes them and honestly I have tried to like it on several occassions but alas I can't. 2. No Soccer matches do not end in 6-8 score normally but the attempts create suspence and gets you engaged into the match. 3. I am not saying American Football is a bad sport I just find it too slow moving to generate any suspence or fun for me. 4. For the second time, I. Am. Not. Insulting. American Football. I am explaining why I don't find American Football fun to watch in comparison to Soccer, Even if someone doesn't like something then it doesn't mean they hate it. If anything the only thing I have insulted was, well, you. Not the Sport. So there you have it.Treflis

Again, if you say all that is accomplished is 8 feet in 15 minutes, you are insulting the sport, especially in an angsty thread like this. That is why my first comment was "Care to use a real insult?" Like I said, it's fine if you don't like it, I'm not forcing anyone to enjoy it. I rather people just know the reasons behind why it's a popular sport, and maybe try to watch it themselves. That's all.

artichoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 artichoke
Member since 2006 • 2271 Posts
Hooray for opinions. Personally I can't stand watching American Football, I think it's very boring.
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Renegade_Fury
[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]

[QUOTE="Bourbons3"]Every play American football is exciting? A big chunk of them are over in less time than it took to get everyone on the field :|comp_atkins

if that were true then televised chess would be a popular sport to watch.. americans like it because they get to see big people run into each other and fall down :P

It's more than just hits. Yeah they're awesome, but there is far more to the game than that. Why would madden be so popular to play if people didn't care about the strategy behind it? Football is just as much about outhinking as it is outdoing your opponent, which is why I love it so much..
Uncle_Uzi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Uncle_Uzi
Member since 2007 • 1371 Posts

I started a trend. How awesome.

Football doesn't need to have goals to be exciting. Great shots and saves add excitement to the game and build suspense. Often cup finals are brilliant; there is usually a point where both teams abandon their set plays and just go for it all on instincts which is again, pretty exciting because it's fast and desperate.

Murj

Hahahaha yeah man you wanna know something?

I started this thread cuz I figured if I posted in yours, it would be on the 5/6th page and no one would read it.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

By the way, This is a joke thread. American Football and Euro Football are both excellent sports that really don't need to be compared.

However I will admit that I was not lying when I said that I personally do not enjoy Euro Football, it's just not for me. I respect its players and its fans no less than I do my own favorite American Football teams. So guys, quitchurb****in

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Treflis

[QUOTE="Treflis"].

1. I've seen several American Football matches, Mostly though just to hang out with a friend who likes them and honestly I have tried to like it on several occassions but alas I can't. 2. No Soccer matches do not end in 6-8 score normally but the attempts create suspence and gets you engaged into the match. 3. I am not saying American Football is a bad sport I just find it too slow moving to generate any suspence or fun for me. 4. For the second time, I. Am. Not. Insulting. American Football. I am explaining why I don't find American Football fun to watch in comparison to Soccer, Even if someone doesn't like something then it doesn't mean they hate it. If anything the only thing I have insulted was, well, you. Not the Sport. So there you have it.Renegade_Fury

Again, if you say all that is accomplished is 8 feet in 15 minutes, you are insulting the sport, especially in an angsty thread like this. That is why my first comment was "Care to use a real insult?" Like I said, it's fine if you don't like it, I'm not forcing anyone to enjoy it. I rather people just know the reasons behind why it's a popular sport, and maybe try to watch it themselves. That's all.

Granted, but I'm used to the metric system and not the Imperial system so I assumed 8 feet was a acceptable lenght within such a time frame. Apparantly I was wrong.
comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38678 Posts

[QUOTE="comp_atkins"][QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"] Why does that matter? The point is to get yardage, not unnecessarily extend plays. It's like chess, just with big guys.

Renegade_Fury

It's more than just hits. Yeah they're awesome, but there is far more to the game than that. Why would madden be so popular to play if people didn't care about the strategy behind it? Football is just as much about outhinking as it is outdoing your opponent, which is why I love it so much..

again. if thinking were so important you'd see more chess on tv ... maybe they need to update chess where everytime you lose a piece your opponent gets to punch you in the face. i predict record audiences :)

Uncle_Uzi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Uncle_Uzi

[QUOTE="grenadexjumpr"]

[QUOTE="icy06"]

icy06

No it doesn't bother me THAT much. When referring to the European sport, why not call it by the European name. You don't see people from the UK calling American Football, Rugby (the equivalent here), do you?

Honestly I think it's easier to just call American Football, Football, and Euro Football, Soccer. Why? Because there's no other widely accepted name for American Football, if you try to call it anything else it just confuses people.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Renegade_Fury

[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"][QUOTE="comp_atkins"] if that were true then televised chess would be a popular sport to watch.. americans like it because they get to see big people run into each other and fall down :P comp_atkins

again. if thinking were so important you'd see more chess on tv ... maybe they need to update chess where everytime you lose a piece your opponent gets to punch you in the face. i predict record audiences :)

Uh, I didn't say all to the game is thinking. I said it's just as important. Way to pick and choose...
Uncle_Uzi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Uncle_Uzi

[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"][QUOTE="comp_atkins"] if that were true then televised chess would be a popular sport to watch.. americans like it because they get to see big people run into each other and fall down :P comp_atkins

That. Would. Be. AMAZING!

But really: No I'll tell you exactly why it's not all about hitting people - the fact that there is offense and defense. Like I said - When my guys are on offense, I don't want to see any bad hits. I want to see my boys take the ball to the end zone unscathed. When the other team is on offense though..... I wanna see my boys DESTROY them. Hehe so you're halfway correct I guess.

Fuzzy_Bear123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Fuzzy_Bear123
Member since 2007 • 638 Posts
You have to spend time watching it. Once you being to understand the strategy and mechanics of the game it will become much more fun to watch. Also it has a superior presentation style, there are no breaks in the game, it flow smoothly for two 45 minute halves. Having said that both sports are great, but the overall edge goes to European Football (in my book anyways). P.S. College Football blows the NFL out of the water.