Does anyone actually think Obama will lose re-election?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Usually it depends on the state of the economy. No incumbent has lost when the economy has been good. It's not. So, yes, he certainly could lose.

l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 l4dak47
Member since 2009 • 6838 Posts
Please remember that Obama IS Rmoney. They are the same. Please try to grasp this. Neither man will address economy. Both men will continue wars and inflation. They are both puppets of the same Wall Street handlers. The rhetoric and promises are irrelevant. It's an illusion of choice.mingmao3046
Very true. America will lose regardless of the outcome.
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#53 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

Obama has such a tiny chance of losing that if he does, I will videotape myself cutting off and eating my own head. Aside from the support he has and his popularity right now being pretty great, Romney's been bombing it in his policies and overall not looking too good with the public, especially with Paul Ryan. Considering how even the most mediocre of presidents tend to be reelected because of the public being comfortable with them, there's just no chance Mitt will win.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#54 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

We're going to get a much better idea where this election is heading when the debates start in October. Can you imagine what Mitt Romney will do in a town hall audience? The "I misspoke" moments art just waiting to happen.

Brosephus_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 Brosephus_Rex
Member since 2012 • 467 Posts

Not sure if the opening poster even bothered to read his own source, but Nate Silver has Romney w/ a 1 in 4 chance of winning. Underdog, sure - but it wouldn't be unthinkable.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#56 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

Those anti voting laws will hurt romney a lot because some of the minority groups will run to obama or independents when they are figuring out who to vote for.Also romney speech was okay, but it wasn't the greatest thing in the world because of the multiple glaring holes in his speech.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#57 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
Romney might be a smart guy, but the guy isn't able imho to run the country and has a lack of vision
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
[QUOTE="DevilMightCry"][QUOTE="cslayer211"][QUOTE="Deihjan"] Funny you should mention flip flopping..  I need a pair.

*cough* same-sex marriage *cough*

Guantanamo Bay. Cut the Deficits in half. Unemployment wouldn't go over 8%

Those are unkept promises, not flip flops. Romney seems to change his stances on various things every week or so. I think it was two weeks about he made a pro-choice statement but then when the convention came around he was back to being pro-life. If it weren't for Ryan I'm not convinced anyone would be able to argue Romney's stances because he didn't really have any concrete ones.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#59 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

Why? The chance of Obama losing to Romney is slim at best.

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/

Before you scream "ERMAHGERD NYTIMES!!! LIBERAL TRASH!!!," Nate Silver accurately predicted the electoral map in 2008. If there's anyone to trust with regards to political predictions--a messy, chaotic business in itself--it's quite possibly this guy.

Key points:

1) Obama still enjoys positive approval ratings

2) Obama has the electoral advantage over Romney

3) The RNC did little to boost Romney's poll numbers

4) Based on what happened today at the DNC tonight, it's safe to say that Obama will keep rising in the polls, ignoring his campaign's inevitable ramp-up and capability to best Romney in the televised debates

The Republicans can rely on Ryan spreading lies and wild claims (such as the ludicrous declaration that Obama's first term was worse than Jimmy Carter's) and can pretend that chanelling Reagan is the path to victory--even though the stiff, awkward corporate-cutout Romney is anything but. Obama has had the clear advantage this coming election and the Republicans are desperately fighting an uphill battle.

princeofshapeir

If Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan are the best competitors president Obama and vice president Joe Biden have this presidential election, his administration will continue for the next four years.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee322a396e26
deactivated-5ee322a396e26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 deactivated-5ee322a396e26
Member since 2005 • 2510 Posts

only if the liberal democratic media aren't able to brainwash enough people this time

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23061 Posts

There is a realistic chance that Romney could beat Obama this fall. Most voters are oblivious to the biggest issue this election cycle and mistakenly believe that a candidate's ability to stimulate the economy is the most important attribute. In reality, the most important aspect of this election will be the replacement of at least 2 Supreme Court justices. If Romney wins, he would be able to nominate two young conservative justices, and ensure that conservative social/economic agendas could reign as the supreme law of the land for the next 25-30 years.oakengroves
Both assertions are spot on.

Avatar image for CondorCalabasas
CondorCalabasas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 CondorCalabasas
Member since 2012 • 637 Posts

Romney has the $$$, and american politics and corruption go hand in hand.

So yes, I think Obama has an extremely good chance to lose re-election.

If both sides don't do anything illegal, then yes I'd say Romney's chances are slim to none.

resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts

any president is better then Obama

PatchMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#64 PatchMaster
Member since 2003 • 6013 Posts

any president is better then Obama

resevl4rlz

only if the liberal democratic media aren't able to brainwash enough people this time

iwilson1296

Get out. Adults are talking.

TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 TacticalDesire
Member since 2010 • 10713 Posts

I think there's definitely a shot, in fact wasn't there some team recently that predicted Romney, that has been right in every election for the past 30+ years or something.

AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 AdamPA1006
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

[QUOTE="oakengroves"]There is a realistic chance that Romney could beat Obama this fall. Most voters are oblivious to the biggest issue this election cycle and mistakenly believe that a candidate's ability to stimulate the economy is the most important attribute. In reality, the most important aspect of this election will be the replacement of at least 2 Supreme Court justices. If Romney wins, he would be able to nominate two young conservative justices, and ensure that conservative social/economic agendas could reign as the supreme law of the land for the next 25-30 years.mattbbpl

Both assertions are spot on.

Are 2 seats gonna be opening up? I know Bush got to appoint someone. (wasnt it the guy who ended up approving obamacare anyway?)
TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 TacticalDesire
Member since 2010 • 10713 Posts

[QUOTE="tagyhag"]

You never know. I certainly hope he doesn't, obviously the lesser of the 2 evils.

imaps3fanboy

Vote third party then. F*** this lesser of two evils nonsense

The thing about voting third party is that in the current U.S. politcal system, you're essentially throwing away your vote, or at best making a statement. So even if there's a third party candidate you agree with most overall, if you really don't want to see one of the two main candidates elected then your best bet is to still vote for their opponent.

AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 AdamPA1006

I support more political parties. Peoples views range wildly on many diffirent issues. No way 2 parties can unite them all. And unite them in a satasfactory way to everyone involved. I do think just the start and evil partisan ship of boths sides is really bringing down america and hammpering new ideas from coming.

About the reelection, my opinion right now is obama 60% romney 40% a lot of stuff will be cchanging fast though. Watch for Karl Rove and his whiteboard and election map to set it straight

soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#69 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts

It's possible but if he does lose, I'll be drinking lots of tequila during winter break to take away the pain for the future four years.

AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 AdamPA1006

IF any romney people want hope, watch fox news. Hannity is so confident that he has a 10000$ bet with beckel. Now very few people see this optimism but it exists. Rush and Hannity simply cant comprehend voting for a guy whose records are terrible. Yes there is victories here and there (GM now nationalized, is that really that great of an accompllishment.

On a side, both campaigns have been like 90% negative. I saw one pro obama add on tv, tons ripping obama, then strangely an anti obama messsage on Pandora. The political adds are starting to rech the main stream I think. When I watch Tv ITS Pretty much just ESPN and FOX, I saw anti romney add on espn.

imaps3fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 imaps3fanboy
Member since 2009 • 11169 Posts

[QUOTE="imaps3fanboy"][QUOTE="tagyhag"]

You never know. I certainly hope he doesn't, obviously the lesser of the 2 evils.

TacticalDesire

Vote third party then. F*** this lesser of two evils nonsense

The thing about voting third party is that in the current U.S. politcal system, you're essentially throwing away your vote, or at best making a statement. So even if there's a third party candidate you agree with most overall, if you really don't want to see one of the two main candidates elected then your best bet is to still vote for their opponent.

Thing is, Obama and Romney are so marginally different that it hardly matters. Nothing's getting passed at the moment anywyas
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Ace6301
IF any romney people want hope, watch fox newsAdamPA1006
Most likely they already do. Confirmation bias and such.
wslacker2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 wslacker2
Member since 2007 • 1192 Posts

I favor a smaller govt. Neither candidate will support such.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

iwilson1296
lol...
buccomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#75 buccomatic
Member since 2005 • 1941 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EipTvSN1hec

i think he will lose.

ps - i don't care whoe wins or loses as i don't care much for either candidate because they pretty much have the same agenda.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#76 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Ugh, I think Obama has a chance of losing, just because of this "ANYONE BUT OBAMA" stance people have been going off of. Jesus Christ I hope Obama wins.

I would be legitimately afraid for my life if Romney wins office. He is a business man, sure, but his foreign policy and relations with other countries is so horrendous. Ugh, everyone please get out and vote.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#77 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

I just want to see the presidential debate, and the vice president debate. Both are going to be hilarious when the Obama squad cannot run on their failed record and the whole USA will be watching.

I wonder how many gaffs Ol' Biden will make in his pitiful debate?

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Ace6301

I just want to see the presidential debate, and the vice president debate. Both are going to be hilarious when the Obama squad cannot run on their failed record and the whole USA will be watching.

ristactionjakso
I dunno Biden's going up against a compulsive liar, I'd say that's to his advantage. Oh wait US debates don't have fact checkers. smh.
Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#79 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

ristactionjakso

You think Paul Ryan is going to do any better? You right-wingers needs to get on the left (right) side of history and stop with these social-conservative arguements. The economy is just one issue among so many that plague the USA.

Obama is going to moon walk his way to the podium.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

I would be legitimately afraid for my life if Romney wins office.

Shmiity

Same. Among other things he essentially wants to remove all rights and protections from LBGT people and then pretend we don't exist.

Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts
Both Democrats and Republicans should hope for an Obama loss. Romney will not get his way much if he's elected, and a second Obama term will just strengthen the Republican party in the next election. Presidents in the modern era always leave their second terms as hated figures. Republicans will rebound huge if Obama wins again, mark my words.
Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts

[QUOTE="ristactionjakso"]

Shmiity

You think Paul Ryan is going to do any better? You right-wingers needs to get on the left (right) side of history and stop with these social-conservative arguements. The economy is just one issue among so many that plague the USA.

Paul Ryan is an articulate and skilled debater. He will likely beat Biden handily (not that the "debates" mean anything though).
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#83 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49595 Posts
Economy still sucks, so yes.
DevilMightCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 DevilMightCry
Member since 2007 • 3554 Posts
[QUOTE="Shmiity"]

[QUOTE="ristactionjakso"]

Rhazakna

Paul Ryan is an articulate and skilled debater. He will likely beat Biden handily (not that the "debates" mean anything though).

Ryan is going to lose the debate. It's going to look like Ryan is beating up an old grandpa, and people are going to feel sorry for him.
DevilMightCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 DevilMightCry

i think he will lose.

ps - i don't care whoe wins or loses as i don't care much for either candidate because they pretty much have the same agenda.

buccomatic
Is that how Democracy works in the Democrat Party? LOL fail.
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
For sure. Everyone I know is not gonna vote for him, even people who did the first time.
Sajo7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Sajo7
Member since 2005 • 14049 Posts
The odds are definitely in Obama's favor, but in a general election there is never a guarantee.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#88 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

I don' think it's so cut and dry. There are a lot of conservatives and they are growing in numbers, Mitt Romeny has a decent shot.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#89 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49595 Posts

I don' think it's so cut and dry. There are a lot of conservatives and they are growing in numbers, Mitt Romeny has a decent shot.

ShadowMoses900
Well, f*ck, if ShadowMoses thinks he has a shot then Romney is going to get owned.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#90 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

Stevo_the_gamer

Well, f*ck, if ShadowMoses thinks he has a shot then Romney is going to get owned.

LOL.

I am not a Romeny supporter. I am independent but I will be voting for Obama. I don't like how extreame the GOP has gotten and Romeny's vice president Paul Ryan scares the living hell out of me.

But the thing is that many conservatives hate Obama, they want him out, they don't care who it is either that replaces him. They see Romney as their opportunity for that, and the economy is their biggest talking point.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

It's entirely likely. There's millions of Americans who will buy whatever Romney and Ryan claims because their from the same party as them. it doesn't matter if Ryan's budget is a sham and he's lied constantly since he was chosen. It doesn't matter that Romney has had so many stances he makes martial artists look...unstancy. It doesn't matter that there's no hope in hell of a republican president actually doing anything hugely different from what has been happening the last 12 years. Yes it hurts his cause that Obama hasn't been a great president but if anything causes him to lose it's partisanship. A large amount of voters don't give a crap about the truth, numbers or platforms. They care that their guy wins.Ace6301

I am trying to figure out what a "great" president is suppose to look like...... The Republican party has stated their sole goal was to get Obama out of office.. No other president in recent history had this kind of rhetoric and opposition right out of the gate.. Except for maybe LINCOLN which led to a civil war.. I can't see any president doing well in the current situation.

DevilMightCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 DevilMightCry

[QUOTE="Ace6301"]It's entirely likely. There's millions of Americans who will buy whatever Romney and Ryan claims because their from the same party as them. it doesn't matter if Ryan's budget is a sham and he's lied constantly since he was chosen. It doesn't matter that Romney has had so many stances he makes martial artists look...unstancy. It doesn't matter that there's no hope in hell of a republican president actually doing anything hugely different from what has been happening the last 12 years. Yes it hurts his cause that Obama hasn't been a great president but if anything causes him to lose it's partisanship. A large amount of voters don't give a crap about the truth, numbers or platforms. They care that their guy wins.sSubZerOo

I am trying to figure out what a "great" president is suppose to look like...... The Republican party has stated their sole goal was to get Obama out of office.. No other president in recent history had this kind of rhetoric and opposition right out of the gate.. Except for maybe LINCOLN which led to a civil war.. I can't see any president doing well in the current situation.

You must be young and don't remember the Presidency of G.W. Bush. There were eggs thrown at his motorcade at inauguration! Or books written on how to assassinate George W. Bush.
Abbeten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Abbeten
Member since 2012 • 3140 Posts
[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

[QUOTE="Ace6301"]It's entirely likely. There's millions of Americans who will buy whatever Romney and Ryan claims because their from the same party as them. it doesn't matter if Ryan's budget is a sham and he's lied constantly since he was chosen. It doesn't matter that Romney has had so many stances he makes martial artists look...unstancy. It doesn't matter that there's no hope in hell of a republican president actually doing anything hugely different from what has been happening the last 12 years. Yes it hurts his cause that Obama hasn't been a great president but if anything causes him to lose it's partisanship. A large amount of voters don't give a crap about the truth, numbers or platforms. They care that their guy wins.DevilMightCry

You must be young and don't remember the Presidency of G.W. Bush. There were eggs thrown at his motorcade at inauguration! Or books written on how to assassinate George W. Bush.

He isn't talking about the weird diehard base. Every president faces those crazy people on the other side who compare him to Hitler and stuff like that. Obama has faced the unique challenge in working with Congressional and Senate Republicans whose stated priority is to deny him a second term.
DevilMightCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 DevilMightCry
[QUOTE="DevilMightCry"][QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

Abbeten

He isn't talking about the weird diehard base. Every president faces those crazy people on the other side who compare him to Hitler and stuff like that. Obama has faced the unique challenge in working with Congressional and Senate Republicans whose stated priority is to deny him a second term.

Do you think the stated priority of the Democrat party is to elect a Republican or a Democrat? What do you think?
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

[QUOTE="Abbeten"][QUOTE="DevilMightCry"] You must be young and don't remember the Presidency of G.W. Bush. There were eggs thrown at his motorcade at inauguration! Or books written on how to assassinate George W. Bush. DevilMightCry

Do you think the stated priority of the Democrat party is to elect a Republican or a Democrat? What do you think?

Guess which party stated that to be their no.1 priority over anything else.

Abbeten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Abbeten
Member since 2012 • 3140 Posts
[QUOTE="DevilMightCry"][QUOTE="Abbeten"][QUOTE="DevilMightCry"] You must be young and don't remember the Presidency of G.W. Bush. There were eggs thrown at his motorcade at inauguration! Or books written on how to assassinate George W. Bush.

Not their #1 electoral priority. That's a given. Their #1 general priority. Putting it above economic recovery and, you know, actual governance of a country. To this end they have absolutely shattered the record for filibusters, refusing any sort of compromise whatsoever. But hey, people threw eggs at Bush! He had it just as bad!
imaps3fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 imaps3fanboy
Member since 2009 • 11169 Posts
[QUOTE="buccomatic"]

i think he will lose.

DevilMightCry

I know how democracy works in the republican party. Disenfranchising poor voters.
coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#98 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

It's quite possible he will loose. This election is definitely not about who is the better candidate. It's about the lesser of two evils.

If they could put "none of the above" on the ballet it would win by a landslide.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

[QUOTE="Abbeten"][QUOTE="DevilMightCry"] You must be young and don't remember the Presidency of G.W. Bush. There were eggs thrown at his motorcade at inauguration! Or books written on how to assassinate George W. Bush. DevilMightCry

No actually, there were quite a few bipartisan things passed during Bush's first term for instance.. What the republicans have done with Obama is unprecedented, and I blame the tea party for this.. Perhapes if you actually read up on the issue you would understand this...

cslayer211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 cslayer211
Member since 2012 • 797 Posts
[QUOTE="DevilMightCry"][QUOTE="buccomatic"]

i think he will lose.

imaps3fanboy

I know how democracy works in the republican party. Disenfranchising poor voters.

Please elaborate...