Do you hate -W A R- and -R E L I G I O N- (especially Islam)?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178860 Posts

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="GrayF0X786"] and many do.

GrayF0X786

And many that don't use their holy book as justification.

how many from the 1.7 Billion Muslims?

That has nothing to do with my objections to rewriting history. Nonetheless until I see Muslims and their religious leaders speaking out actively to acts of aggression then I cannot take the 'innocence" seriously. I do appreciate that they did that recently when a diplomat was killed. That's a good first step. But realistically when you see news footage of burning US flags and signs demonizing the US......what do you expect to be the image people have of other countries? Anyway this is far a field of my intent....which was the denial of history. I have no problems with differing faiths. As long as others aren't harmed....it's all good. But don't believe in faith because of a lack of education.
GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#202 GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] And many that don't use their holy book as justification.LJS9502_basic

how many from the 1.7 Billion Muslims?

That has nothing to do with my objections to rewriting history. Nonetheless until I see Muslims and their religious leaders speaking out actively to acts of aggression then I cannot take the 'innocence" seriously. I do appreciate that they did that recently when a diplomat was killed. That's a good first step. But realistically when you see news footage of burning US flags and signs demonizing the US......what do you expect to be the image people have of other countries? Anyway this is far a field of my intent....which was the denial of history. I have no problems with differing faiths. As long as others aren't harmed....it's all good. But don't believe in faith because of a lack of education.

we Muslims don't have a leader, the whole concept of having a leader was destroyed by the British during the 1920's (ish) and all attempts to restore the whole concept of a leadership is being prevented every day...

Avatar image for RationalAtheist
RationalAtheist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 RationalAtheist
Member since 2007 • 4428 Posts

we Muslims don't have a leader, the whole concept of having a leader was destroyed by the British during the 1920's (ish) and all attempts to restore the whole concept of a leadership is being prevented every day...

GrayF0X786

What's an Imam?

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 GrayF0X786

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

RationalAtheist

What's an Imam?

whats an imam? some guy who sits in the Masjid preaching and trying to live his life peacefully, an imam compared to a "Caliph" incharge of a 57 inslamic states of today, an imam is nothing.

RationalAtheist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 RationalAtheist

[QUOTE="RationalAtheist"]

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

GrayF0X786

What's an Imam?

whats an imam? some guy who sits in the Masjid preaching and trying to live his life peacefully, an imam compared to a "Caliph" incharge of a 57 inslamic states of today, an imam is nothing.

So Muslims do have leaders? Not all Imams try and live life peacefully. Are you confusing religion with world politics now?

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 GrayF0X786

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

What's an Imam?

RationalAtheist

So Muslims do have leaders? Not all Imams try and live life peacefully. Are you confusing religion with world politics now?

we have small community leaders yes, someone who can lead prayers in the masjid, what we don't have, is someone who can lead this.

FMAB_GTO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 FMAB_GTO
Member since 2010 • 14385 Posts

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"] whats an imam? some guy who sits in the Masjid preaching and trying to live his life peacefully, an imam compared to a "Caliph" incharge of a 57 inslamic states of today, an imam is nothing.

GrayF0X786

we have small community leaders yes, someone who can lead prayers in the masjid, what we don't have, is someone who can lead this.

al mahdi you mean?
GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 GrayF0X786

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

FMAB_GTO

al mahdi you mean?

inshAllah, then soon Jesus himself :P

RationalAtheist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 RationalAtheist

GrayF0X786

So what? Why is this necessary? Why blame the 1920's British for this?

FMAB_GTO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 FMAB_GTO
Member since 2010 • 14385 Posts

[QUOTE="FMAB_GTO"][QUOTE="GrayF0X786"] we have small community leaders yes, someone who can lead prayers in the masjid, what we don't have, is someone who can lead this.

GrayF0X786

al mahdi you mean?

inshAllah, then soon Jesus himself :P

indeed :3
Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts
Science has killed as many people as religion tc.
GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 GrayF0X786

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

RationalAtheist

because even though the last khilafah led by the Otomman empire was weak and pathetic during the 1750 - 1920s, the British back then still saw islam as a threat, all we had to do was appoint a new islamic leader but no, they wanted Turkeys link with islam completly cut off, do you know about the treaty of Lausanne? their was 4 conditions, and the first condition was so desperate to get rid of Turkeys link with islam "Destroy the Khilafah, not only that, Expel the Caliph, not only that, sieze his property" thats just condition one.

RationalAtheist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 RationalAtheist

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

GrayF0X786

because even though the last khilafah led by the Otomman empire was weak and pathetic during the 1750 - 1920s, the British back then still saw islam as a threat, all we had to do was appoint a new islamic leader but no, they wanted Turkeys link with islam completly cut off, do you know about the treaty of Lausanne? their was 4 conditions, and the first condition was so desperate to get rid of Turkeys link with islam "Destroy the Khilafah, not only that, Expel the Caliph, not only that, sieze his property" thats just condition one.

Are you saying that you want global Islamic caliphate? Wouldn't you put the demise of the Ottoman empire down to other reasons? Your view of history seems rather biased, as already reflected elsewhere in this thread.

Allthishate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 Allthishate
Member since 2009 • 1879 Posts

[QUOTE="Allthishate"][QUOTE="LastRambo341"] Then I guess they have to be educated as they are performing a great sinLJS9502_basic

Dont bother with him. Im a proud american Muslim convert. The guy you are trying to argue with is either bible belt south or trailer trash. biest opinion that he tries to claim as fact. What he considers foreign knowledge or news is whats out side of his county let alone the state. Just move on hes either a very bad troll or a religious zelot.

I'm none of the above. But I don't buy into the group think that Islam promotes. Shame you do. This isn't about religion...it's about rewriting history to suit an agenda. If you are going to embrace a faith...at least do so with the facts.

Lol carry on drinking that tainted cool aid boy.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="Allthishate"] Dont bother with him. Im a proud american Muslim convert. The guy you are trying to argue with is either bible belt south or trailer trash. biest opinion that he tries to claim as fact. What he considers foreign knowledge or news is whats out side of his county let alone the state. Just move on hes either a very bad troll or a religious zelot. Allthishate

I'm none of the above. But I don't buy into the group think that Islam promotes. Shame you do. This isn't about religion...it's about rewriting history to suit an agenda. If you are going to embrace a faith...at least do so with the facts.

Lol carry on drinking that tainted cool aid boy.

You seem to be confusing myself with your tainted Kool Aid.....you denounce historical facts in favor of "beliefs".
GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 GrayF0X786

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

RationalAtheist

Are you saying that you want global Islamic caliphate? Wouldn't you put the demise of the Ottoman empire down to other reasons? Your view of history seems rather biased, as already reflected elsewhere in this thread.

you think im blaming it all on the British gov? the main reason the caliphate failed was becuase of the division of the 3 MAIN states between Turk, Arab and Persian, we forget we are all Muslims, instead we are just seperated and loyal to the plot of land we are on...

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="GrayF0X786"] how many from the 1.7 Billion Muslims?

GrayF0X786

Now why are you lying to me dude?
RationalAtheist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 RationalAtheist

you think im blaming it all on the British gov? the main reason the caliphate failed was becuase of the division of the 3 MAIN states between Turk, Arab and Persian, we forget we are all Muslims, instead we are just seperated and loyal to the plot of land we are on...

GrayF0X786

I'm only going by what you stated. Also, I'm not sure everyone in Turkey, Persia or Arabia was Muslim at that time.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#219 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

RationalAtheist

I'm only going by what you stated. Also, I'm not sure everyone in Turkey, Persia or Arabia was Muslim at that time.

I think he is talking about government, and the fact that the majority of people were Muslim, some were Shia ,but they were all Muslims per se. that said, Islam failed in uniting them (you would find it interesting,but Ive seen Sunnis who dislike Shias almost as much as they dislike non Muslims)
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts
I might convert to Islam. So I don't hate it that much.
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

I might convert to Islam. So I don't hate it that much. themajormayor

Beer

Bacon

B!tches not clothed from head to toe

l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#222 l4dak47
Member since 2009 • 6838 Posts
I might convert to Islam. So I don't hate it that much. themajormayor
wut
RationalAtheist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 RationalAtheist

I think he is talking about government, and the fact that the majority of people were Muslim, some were Shia ,but they were all Muslims per se. that said, Islam failed in uniting them (you would find it interesting,but Ive seen Sunnis who dislike Shias almost as much as they dislike non Muslims)Darkman2007

They were not all Muslims per se. There were Christians in Turkey, for example. I asked him if he was confusing religion with politics, but didn;t get an answer. It souded to me like he wanted a global Islamic calliphate.I am already well aware of the different forms of Islam and the hatred that some sections have for others.

It is interesting how you say Sunni Muslims would dislike non-Muslims. It does show the intolerance of the faith.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 themajormayor

[QUOTE="themajormayor"]

Beer

Bacon

B!tches not clothed from head to toe

coolbeans90
[QUOTE="themajormayor"]I might convert to Islam. So I don't hate it that much. l4dak47
wut

Not for religious reasons. For girl reasons
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#225 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

War will happen regardless if religion is involved or not. WW1, WW2, Vietnam, Korean Conflict, and plenty more wars had nothing to do with religion. Religion can also inspire people to do good and make progress. Martin Luther King Jr was very religious and look how he changed the world?

Also funny how you mention Islam, considering that it was the Arabs (many of whom are Muslim) who were very skilled and made progress with math and science in the ancient world.

Oppression and tryanny are what hold back progress. The belief that only your way of thinking is right and the will to get rid of others, which is exactly what TC is suggesting.

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 GrayF0X786

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

RationalAtheist

the 3 main powers which made the backbone of the centre caliphate, i am neither of the three.

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 GrayF0X786

War will happen regardless if religion is involved or not. WW1, WW2, Vietnam, Korean Conflict, and plenty more wars had nothing to do with religion. Religion can also inspire people to do good and make progress. Martin Luther King Jr was very religious and look how he changed the world?

Also funny how you mention Islam, considering that it was the Arabs (many of whom are Muslim) who were very skilled and made progress with math and science in the ancient world.

Oppression and tryanny are what hold back progress. The belief that only your way of thinking is right and the will to get rid of others, which is exactly what TC is suggesting.

ShadowMoses900

whaaaaat you defending Arabs/Muslims???:o:o:o

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 GrayF0X786

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

[QUOTE="themajormayor"] [QUOTE="l4dak47"][QUOTE="themajormayor"]I might convert to Islam. So I don't hate it that much. themajormayor

wut

well then your gonna fail on both levels unless she can teach you and open your heart if you're willing to learn, if not, you're chasing grapes which you'll never reach.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 themajormayor

[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="coolbeans90"] wutGrayF0X786

well then your gonna fail on both levels unless she can teach you and open your heart if you're willing to learn, if not, you're chasing grapes which you'll never reach.

wat
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 coolbeans90

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

[QUOTE="themajormayor"] Not for religious reasons. For girl reasons themajormayor

wat

r u just going to stand there and take it?

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 themajormayor

[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="GrayF0X786"] well then your gonna fail on both levels unless she can teach you and open your heart if you're willing to learn, if not, you're chasing grapes which you'll never reach.

coolbeans90

wat

I don't even know what he's talking about. What grapes??

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 GrayF0X786

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

[QUOTE="themajormayor"] Not for religious reasons. For girl reasons themajormayor

wat

you want to become Muslim only because of this girl? without the intention of living a life by following the sunnah of our prophet?

pie-junior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 pie-junior
Member since 2007 • 2866 Posts
Sh!tty relationships for those who defy islam
GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 GrayF0X786

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

[QUOTE="themajormayor"] watthemajormayor

Lol

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 coolbeans90

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

[QUOTE="themajormayor"] watthemajormayor

Are you scared?

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 themajormayor

[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="GrayF0X786"] well then your gonna fail on both levels unless she can teach you and open your heart if you're willing to learn, if not, you're chasing grapes which you'll never reach.

GrayF0X786

wat

you want to become Muslim only because of this girl? without the intention of living a life by following the sunnah of our prophet?

..... yeah?
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 coolbeans90

Also grapes => wine, which means he was calling you an apostate or something.

Alcohol: Proof that Islam is not God's religion.

Q.E.D.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 themajormayor

[QUOTE="themajormayor"]

[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

coolbeans90

Are you scared?

... I don't think so
l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#240 l4dak47
Member since 2009 • 6838 Posts
[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

[QUOTE="themajormayor"]

[QUOTE="themajormayor"]I might convert to Islam. So I don't hate it that much. l4dak47
wut

dat pvssy.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

[QUOTE="themajormayor"]

themajormayor

Are you scared?

... I don't think so

you serious about converting? or are you just joking (its rather difficult to identify jokes when in text form)
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#242 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

GrayF0X786

whaaaaat you defending Arabs/Muslims???:o:o:o

Why not?

I don't hate arabs or muslims.....I don't know why you would think this. Just because I believe in Israel doesn't mean I hate arabs or muslims. :?

pie-junior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 pie-junior
Oh my, Grayfox uses such vivid metaphors
GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 GrayF0X786

Oh my, Grayfox uses such vivid metaphorspie-junior
lol a** hole

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 GrayF0X786

Oh my, Grayfox uses such vivid metaphorspie-junior
lol a** hole

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 themajormayor
[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="coolbeans90"]

Are you scared?

Darkman2007
... I don't think so

you serious about converting? or are you just joking (its rather difficult to identify jokes when in text form)

Mostly joking. But if I stay with her for a long time and it's important for her then we'll see
pie-junior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 pie-junior
Does she wear a hijab?
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="themajormayor"] ... I don't think so

Mostly joking. But if I stay with her for a long time and it's important for her then we'll see

well, you know what my advice would be, no need for me to explain. though the phrases, "Oy Vaavoy" and "Elohim Yishmor" would be part of it.
pie-junior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 pie-junior
Darkman, You are so judgmental. It's like i'm living with my mother again.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 themajormayor
Does she wear a hijab?pie-junior
no, so probably she won't care. It's nothing we've talked about.