Do you believe in the Big Bang Theory?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for 194197844077667059316682358889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 194197844077667059316682358889
Member since 2003 • 49173 Posts

[QUOTE="BumFluff122"]The 'spec' was space. Or at least the space we know. It is also time, or at least the time we know. There are real world examples of vacuum fluctuations. There are also real world examples of things popping into and otu of existence. See Quantum Mechanics. A particle travels from oen quntum to another quantum without traversing the space in between. You could also look up Quantum Engtaglement. That is when information from one entangled particle exactly matches the information of the other quantumly entangled particle no matter how many light years they are away from eachother. Meaning that as soon as you switch the particle from a down state to an up state the same exact thing happens in the other particle at the exact same moment. The information between the two particles is shared withouot tranversing the space in between. Does that seem plausible to you? Because it is known to happen. Cycli universes do not need to be caused by anything since they are, by their very nature, enternal.

killab2oo5

If that spec came from vaccum fluctuations then what caused them, and where did the cause of them come from? Same about the quantams, the different particles of the quantam entanglement (if they apply)? The cycli universes just, some day in "time", came out of no where at all?

Also, what created that spec...or where did it come from? That seems to be the biggest flaw in the big bang theory...you can't just say there was a spec that contained it all when there's no kind of explanation for it.

To answer your question, no...it still doesn't seem plausible. :3 Unless the questions above can be answered.

Again, the Big Bang Theory DOES NOT ATTEMPT to explain the origin of the universe, only the very early conditions of it. I don't know a plainer way to say that. As for vacuum fluctuations, thusfar there is no explanation for why they occur, but they are known to occur and have been indirectly observed via phenomena such as the Kasimir effect (radiation pressure exerted byvirtual particles) and are the mechanism that produces Hawking radiation (radiation which bleeds mass from black holes). We may dig to a deeper understanding of vacuum fluctuations at some point (right now, they are basically just understood as quantum weirdness allowed by the uncertainty principle) but eventually there has to be a base point of "that's just the way things are."
Hungry_bunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 Hungry_bunny
Member since 2006 • 14293 Posts

Why is that a problem? As we gain more knowledge of the world around us we must fit our beliefs to accept those facts or reformulate them. That's not a problem just a better understanding of the reality we live in.

BumFluff122

Nothing wrong with it as long as people are accepting of the fact that what we believe in today could be proven wrong in 100 years. And that even if most of the scientific community accepts a theory, that doesn't always make it "fact". It's good to have a critical mind even when it comes to things like this, that's nothing that others should look down upon.
Not constantly, though. Science tends to be very conservative. Major shifts in scientific perspective tend to require a pretty significant body of evidence and a compelling new framework that is usually a superset of the previous view (like the way relativistic formulae describing motion are almost equivalent to the Newtonian forms at speeds significantly below that of light). See: Thomas Juhn's The Structure of Scientific Revolution Of course, the rate of change does tend to be faster than that of religious beliefs; I just wanted to make it clear that it's not like every other week physicists come in to work and have to start over from scratch :)xaos
You're right about the last paragraph. Maybe I should have written SMALL changes happen constantly :P And science is so big that some researchers might experience a few major changes that the rest of the community doesn't care about or take notice off. Those kind of changes don't usually change the "belief" of "the common man" though >_>

PS. The title of that book sounds interesting, never heard of it but I've taken note of it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 194197844077667059316682358889

PS. The title of that book sounds interesting, never heard of it but I've taken note of it.

Hungry_bunny
I had to read it in an epistemology and science class in college, but I typo'ed the author's name; it's Thomas *Kuhn*
killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts

Again, the Big Bang Theory DOES NOT ATTEMPT to explain the origin of the universe, only the very early conditions of it. I don't know a plainer way to say that. As for vacuum fluctuations, thusfar there is no explanation for why they occur, but they are known to occur and have been indirectly observed via phenomena such as the Kasimir effect (radiation pressure exerted byvirtual particles) and are the mechanism that produces Hawking radiation (radiation which bleeds mass from black holes). We may dig to a deeper understanding of vacuum fluctuations at some point (right now, they are basically just understood as quantum weirdness allowed by the uncertainty principle) but eventually there has to be a base point of "that's just the way things are."xaos
I didn't know I was asking about the origins of the universe...I was asking about the origin of the big bang, and where the spec came from. Still not answering my question...which i've asked 3 or 4 times now (What causes the fluctuations...where did the cause come from...etc.). Basically, you don't know?

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#205 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

That seems to be the biggest flaw in the big bang theory...you can't just say there was a spec that contained it all when there's no kind of explanation for it.

killab2oo5

Yes, you can. That's the thing. Science operates much in the same way Sherlock Holmes operates: "When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." Science simply goes from the evidence available to the conclusion that accounts for it all. That there are unanswered questions left behind by an explanation does not make that explanation false; if it is in accordance with all known evidence and if it makes predictions that turn out to be true, then it cannot simply be discounted outright without some falsifying evidence. If we had to wait until we can explain the entire universe before accepting any scientific explanation for something, then we'd be waiting an awful long time.

Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 Engrish_Major
Member since 2007 • 17373 Posts

Basically, you don't know?

killab2oo5
Nobody knows. Not scientists nor religious people.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 194197844077667059316682358889

[QUOTE="xaos"]Again, the Big Bang Theory DOES NOT ATTEMPT to explain the origin of the universe, only the very early conditions of it. I don't know a plainer way to say that. As for vacuum fluctuations, thusfar there is no explanation for why they occur, but they are known to occur and have been indirectly observed via phenomena such as the Kasimir effect (radiation pressure exerted byvirtual particles) and are the mechanism that produces Hawking radiation (radiation which bleeds mass from black holes). We may dig to a deeper understanding of vacuum fluctuations at some point (right now, they are basically just understood as quantum weirdness allowed by the uncertainty principle) but eventually there has to be a base point of "that's just the way things are."killab2oo5

I didn't know I was asking about the origins of the universe...I was asking about the origin of the big bang, and where the spec came from. Still not answering my question...which i've asked 3 or 4 times now (What causes the fluctuations...where did the cause come from...etc.). Basically, you don't know?

No one knows fundamentally the causes of vacuum fluctuations. They are known to be allowed by the uncertainty principle, where the amount of energy-mass they possess is inversely proportional to the amount of time they exist relative to Planck's constant. That STILL is not part of what the Big Bang Theory attempts to address; it takes place after the creation of the universe and just accepts as axiomatic the existence of the energy and matter that make up the universe. The Big Bang has NOTHING to say about where that energy and matter came from. At all. Period.. And you are asking about the origin of the universe, whether you know it or not.
killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts

[QUOTE="killab2oo5"]

That seems to be the biggest flaw in the big bang theory...you can't just say there was a spec that contained it all when there's no kind of explanation for it.

GabuEx

Yes, you can. That's the thing. Science operates much in the same way Sherlock Holmes operates: "When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." Science simply goes from the evidence available to the conclusion that accounts for it all. That there are unanswered questions left behind by an explanation does not make that explanation false; if it is in accordance with all known evidence and if it makes predictions that turn out to be true, then it cannot simply be discounted outright without some falsifying evidence. If we had to wait until we can explain the entire universe before accepting any scientific explanation for something, then we'd be waiting an awful long time.

I guess that makes since. x_x That was narrow-minded of me...I just went over something similar the other day with a friend. Or current day logic doesn't apply to everything.
chAzN93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#209 chAzN93
Member since 2004 • 34854 Posts

nope.

BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#210 BumFluff122
Member since 2004 • 14853 Posts

f that spec came from vaccum fluctuations then what caused them, and where did the cause of them come from? Same about the quantams, the different particles of the quantam entanglement (if they apply)? The cycli universes just, some day in "time", came out of no where at all?

Also, what created that spec...or where did it come from? That seems to be the biggest flaw in the big bang theory...you can't just say there was a spec that contained it all when there's no kind of explanation for it.

To answer your question, no...it still doesn't seem plausible. :3 Unless the questions above can be answered.

killab2oo5

Vacuum fluctations are random. The quantum entangelment really has nothing to do with the Big Bang. I just wanted to make you aware that there are many natural occurences in this universe that we can not explain. No they did not come out of nowhere at all since they are eternal. The original collapse of another universe could cause the next Big Bang and so on. You seem to be askign questions that either have nothign to do with the Big Bang, have nothing to do with the explanation, or related to things you don't understand.

BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 BumFluff122

Nothing wrong with it as long as people are accepting of the fact that what we believe in today could be proven wrong in 100 years. And that even if most of the scientific community accepts a theory, that doesn't always make it "fact". It's good to have a critical mind even when it comes to things like this, that's nothing that others should look down upon.

Hungry_bunny

No truth in science is considered 'fact' because everything is open for discussion. Something being proven wrong is the only fact you will come across. Theistic beliefs also change relatign to scientific discoveries. Many religions generations ago did not accept evolution as a truth. However many of the religious beliefs of today see evolution as the way God made us. Even the last few Popes have believed in it. The only difference between the two is science is much more open to a change in thought related to epistomological evidence than religion is.

Bentham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Bentham
Member since 2008 • 1154 Posts

I believe the Universe has always existed. I also believe that the universe is infinite with trillions and trillions of galaxies with intellegent beings.

Trmpt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 Trmpt
Member since 2008 • 2381 Posts

I don't see why the whold God thing is so debated. I mean, a little over 2000 years ago there lived a man named Jesus Christ, the son of God. Isn't he enough proof for all of you.The Big Bang is just the scientific explanation behind God creating the universe.

Oh and to TheSoundSystem 2 posts above me. When we die all will be revealed. Heaven or Hell. That's it.

maverick_41
I dont even know where to start. I can debate the entire idea of religion, not just Christianity, with you but I really dont want to spend the rest of the night on the forums debating religion. So lets just leave it at this, what you just said about how all can be solved by using beliefs that are completely unprovable was really ignorant. Not to mention that religion was created in such a way that everything about it will always keep every question that arises from it unanswerable.
Trmpt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 Trmpt

[QUOTE="xaos"]Again, the Big Bang Theory DOES NOT ATTEMPT to explain the origin of the universe, only the very early conditions of it. I don't know a plainer way to say that. As for vacuum fluctuations, thusfar there is no explanation for why they occur, but they are known to occur and have been indirectly observed via phenomena such as the Kasimir effect (radiation pressure exerted byvirtual particles) and are the mechanism that produces Hawking radiation (radiation which bleeds mass from black holes). We may dig to a deeper understanding of vacuum fluctuations at some point (right now, they are basically just understood as quantum weirdness allowed by the uncertainty principle) but eventually there has to be a base point of "that's just the way things are."killab2oo5

You are misunderstanding.

The big bang theory is only attempting to explain why the known universe is expanding and what possibly triggered the expansion. It doesnt try to explain what created the matter that is expanding, although there are theories that try to delve into it.

Edit: and I wouldnt think of it as a spec, this is because that spec could have very well been a 1000 light years across in every direction. If you compare that to what the universe is now then yeah, in a sense it is a spec. Im just saying that most people try to think of this "spec" as being as small as a dot made by a pencil, when it very well could have been much larger.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#216 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Yes. This physics class I am in has given me more evidence to it than anything else.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 Wasdie  Moderator
[QUOTE="Hungry_bunny"]Yes, I believe that the Universe was created in one area and that it spread out very quickly in it's early days, that's pretty much the Big Bang Theory... the current Big Bang Theory is still flawed, incomplete and in need of "modification" though. The problem with "believing" in science is that you have to convert to another belief almost every day, scientific theories changes constantly while religious beliefs stay the same for a very long time.

How is it flawed?
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#218 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I don't see why the whold God thing is so debated. I mean, a little over 2000 years ago there lived a man named Jesus Christ, the son of God. Isn't he enough proof for all of you.The Big Bang is just the scientific explanation behind God creating the universe.

Oh and to TheSoundSystem 2 posts above me. When we die all will be revealed. Heaven or Hell. That's it.

maverick_41

What conclusive and testable proof is there that Jesus even existed? Let alone was the son of God? Or that God even exists?

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Wasdie  Moderator

[QUOTE="maverick_41"]

foxhound_fox

What conclusive and testable proof is there that Jesus even existed? Let alone was the son of God? Or that God even exists?

No. The bible says its true. We don't need physical evidence.

Oh and only the Christian Bible. Lets forget the Jewish history, Muslim history, and all the rest of the people at that time who weren't Christian.

MindFreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 MindFreeze
Member since 2007 • 2814 Posts

It's funny to see that only people who haven't a clue about physics say the theory makes no sense, is ridiculous, etc. And it makes sense, if one doesn't know anything about it, why should one understand it? Let's keep it at that and meanwhile learn more about our universe.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 GabuEx

foxhound_fox

Well, there were a bunch of dudes in that area and time period named Jesus. I would not be surprised that one of them was from Nazareth.

TheSoundSystem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#222 TheSoundSystem
Member since 2009 • 133 Posts
Where did anything come from if there was no one to make it? Just Poof? Think about it.Whitefire78
Chemical reaction of some sort?
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#223 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts

Yes. This physics class I am in has given me more evidence to it than anything else.

Wasdie
They've given you empirical phenomena, then a hypothesis was crammed down your throat to meet that evidence. Truth be told, there are more explanations out there than the big bang.
_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 _en1gma_
Member since 2004 • 14617 Posts
[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

Vandalvideo
They've given you empirical phenomena, then a hypothesis was crammed down your throat to meet that evidence. Truth be told, there are more explanations out there than the big bang.

To which explanations are you speaking of?
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#225 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
[QUOTE="_en1gma_"] To which explanations are you speaking of?

Nebulae theory and static universe theory. I mean there are tons of support in the scientific community bubbling up from academia about the possibility that the red shift isn't an indication of movement, but is merely a byproduct of static radiation. There are lots of views out there. One cannot deny; There is a red shift. What that means, however, is open to interpretation.
Hungry_bunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 Hungry_bunny
Member since 2006 • 14293 Posts

[QUOTE="Hungry_bunny"]Yes, I believe that the Universe was created in one area and that it spread out very quickly in it's early days, that's pretty much the Big Bang Theory... the current Big Bang Theory is still flawed, incomplete and in need of "modification" though. The problem with "believing" in science is that you have to convert to another belief almost every day, scientific theories changes constantly while religious beliefs stay the same for a very long time.Wasdie
How is it flawed?

One example: according to the current Big Bang model most of the matter in the Universe should be "cold dark matter", scientists have come up with a lot of different phenomenon that this would lead to, but unfortunately many of those phenomenon haven't been found or observed where they should have been. So that part of the theory is up for change or "refinement"...

I do understand that it's still a theory, so it's supposed to be incomplete. :P And as I mentioned earlier, I believe in the core of it. But when I see one of those specials on TV about the Big Bang theory I can't help to think that most of these simplified explanations they are giving might get proven wrong very soon.

Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 Funky_Llama
Member since 2006 • 18428 Posts
I do understand that it's still a theory, so it's supposed to be incomplete. :PHungry_bunny
Oh, the rage I could respond to this with >.>
Trmpt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Trmpt

One example: according to the current Big Bang model most of the matter in the Universe should be "cold dark matter", scientists have come up with a lot of different phenomenon that this would lead to, but unfortunately many of those phenomenon haven't been found or observed where they should have been. So that part of the theory is up for change or "refinement"...

I do understand that it's still a theory, so it's supposed to be incomplete. :P And as I mentioned earlier, I believe in the core of it. But when I see one of those specials on TV about the Big Bang theory I can't help to think that most of these simplified explanations they are giving might get proven wrong very soon.

Hungry_bunny

That could also just mean that there are many other undiscovered phenomena that are causing these things to not be located where we think that they should be.

So what you said afterwards about refinement is absolutely true, some theories will most likely have some truth to them, and we will take the more plausible parts of that theory and most likely prove it to be fact in the coming years while discarding other parts of that same theory for being false.

Im not ranting here, just thinking outloud.

Trmpt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 Trmpt

[QUOTE="Whitefire78"]Makes no sense where Did the Two planets come from if no one made it o.oBumFluff122

not planets. Branes.

or are you talking about the Big Bang? The big bang doesn't state that there are two planets. It states that eveerythign at one time was condensed into a singularity that began expanding.

When those would collide that would cause 2 different epicenters from where expansion would take place causeing utter chaos.

Think about what would happen if you simultaneously created 2 different ripples in a pond of water. Different waves from each ripple would collide with eachother and make it to where there are smaller waves created where other waves collided creating a situation where expansion would be happening starting from different areas at which multiple waves collided.

So if this were true we would be able to see expansion happening that starting in different areas of the universe, which I dont think we have seen so wouldnt that make this theory false?

Trmpt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 Trmpt

Refurring to the picture above:

Does the middle dimension contain 1, 2, or 3 spacial dimensions?

1-d I would think to be impossible due to it being only a line. 2-d would be the type of area that would be like a square, and 3-d would make it to where it is a giant 3 dimensional space.

if it were a 3-d space then the 2 branes would be slowly combining all while compressing the middle 3-d spacial area. Once the 2 branes collided it would make that area compress so much that it could possibly create its own big bang along with the type of big bang that would be created when the 2 branes collided.

If it contained only 2 spacial dimensions then no compression would take place by the 2 branes merging because they are only moving through empty space. But that extra 2-d space would serve no purpose as it isnt doing anything.

BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 BumFluff122

[QUOTE="_en1gma_"] To which explanations are you speaking of?Vandalvideo
Nebulae theory and static universe theory. I mean there are tons of support in the scientific community bubbling up from academia about the possibility that the red shift isn't an indication of movement, but is merely a byproduct of static radiation. There are lots of views out there. One cannot deny; There is a red shift. What that means, however, is open to interpretation.

The Nebular theory is a theory on how individual solar systems are formed. The static universe theory and Einsteins cosmological constant to keep all the galaxies in in oen static place was thrown out by Einstein himself when Vesto Slipher and Edwin Hubble discovered the red shifts of the galaxies.

mfp16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#233 mfp16
Member since 2006 • 4551 Posts

I do not believe in the Big Bang Theory, i believe God created everything. Please explain to me how this theory could be plausible considering that matter cannot be created from nothing (God being the consideration). Chemical reactions such as combustion require matter to occur. Nothing can explode if nothing is there.

Gsmith92
why does god get a free pass for creating something out of nothing?
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 GabuEx

I do not believe in the Big Bang Theory, i believe God created everything. Please explain to me how this theory could be plausible considering that matter cannot be created from nothing (God being the consideration). Chemical reactions such as combustion require matter to occur. Nothing can explode if nothing is there.

Gsmith92

1. The Big Bang does not speculate that matter was created from nothing. It does not speculate at all on the origin of the infinitely dense singularity, only that it existed and that it and space then expanded.

2. The Big Bang was not a chemical explosion. It was a rapid expansion of space and matter.

Honestly, I really wish people would actually learn what the Big Bang theory actually says before criticizing it. :P

carrot-cake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 carrot-cake
Member since 2008 • 6880 Posts

I beleive the big bang happened, but I think an infinite number of them has been happened before our time and an infinite will happen after.
Actually the more I think about it, the more any theory becomes absurd with our way of thinking.
Thats what I think, but what do I know.

Wings_008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 173

#237 Wings_008
Member since 2008 • 3813 Posts
although i dont quite under stand it i still believe in it
Pyro767

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#238 Pyro767
Member since 2009 • 2305 Posts
The big bang theory was scientifically disproved at some point, so no I don't believe in it. http://www.padrak.com/ine/NEN_6_8_5.html
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 GabuEx

although i dont quite under stand it i still believe in it Wings_008

No offense, but that's kind of as bad as the people who reject it while not understanding it, too. :P

FlyingArmbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 FlyingArmbar
Member since 2009 • 1545 Posts

The big bang theory was scientifically disproved at some point, so no I don't believe in it. http://www.padrak.com/ine/NEN_6_8_5.htmlPyro767

No, no it wasn't.

Pyro767

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#241 Pyro767
Member since 2009 • 2305 Posts

[QUOTE="Pyro767"]The big bang theory was scientifically disproved at some point, so no I don't believe in it. http://www.padrak.com/ine/NEN_6_8_5.htmlFlyingArmbar

No, no it wasn't.

Yes, yes it was. You need to keep up with the news, it was disproved.
mfp16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#242 mfp16
Member since 2006 • 4551 Posts
[QUOTE="FlyingArmbar"]

[QUOTE="Pyro767"]The big bang theory was scientifically disproved at some point, so no I don't believe in it. http://www.padrak.com/ine/NEN_6_8_5.htmlPyro767

No, no it wasn't.

*sigh* no... no it wasn't
BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 BumFluff122

[QUOTE="Pyro767"][QUOTE="FlyingArmbar"]

No, no it wasn't.

mfp16

*sigh* no... no it wasn't

Haha. If you look at the site he is linking it is a conspiracy website. Most of their links deal with UFOs and variosu conferences supporting it.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 GabuEx

[QUOTE="FlyingArmbar"]

[QUOTE="Pyro767"]The big bang theory was scientifically disproved at some point, so no I don't believe in it. http://www.padrak.com/ine/NEN_6_8_5.htmlPyro767

No, no it wasn't.

All you've presented is an alternate idea that has been proposed, one which has significant problems. No, the Big Bang has not as of yet been disproved.

Trmpt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 Trmpt

Gsmith92

That has to be one of the biggest contradictions I have ever heard.

scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 scorch-62
Member since 2006 • 29763 Posts
It's the most realistic sitcom on television; of course I do.
BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 BumFluff122

My bad, obviously i don't know specific details, but my post was mainly to get more information so my argument could be more informed. i only know what i've been told by those who believe it, but that doesn't answer my question, how did the matter get there and thus how does it prove there is no God. Also why do rapid expansions of space and matter never happen and what are the chances it expanded into life.Gsmith92
Physicists believe the expansion of the universe happens at different rates at different times for different areas. It is always happening and always occurring. There are many hypothesis as to where that original dense particle that began expanding outward came from. Vacuum, fluctuations, an eternal cyclic universe, etc... The cause for the original particle getting there didn't need to be intelligent or Godlike.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 GabuEx

but that doesn't answer my question, how did the matter get there and thus how does it prove there is no God.Gsmith92

We don't know how it got there. Hypotheses on that are in development as we speak. Science works gradually, based on the evidence available.

It doesn't prove there is no God. It was never intended to do so. If you wish to speculate that the singularity was created by God, that's your prerogative.

Also why do rapid expansions of space and matter never happenGsmith92

Never happen? It's happening right now. Observations have shown that the expansion of the universe is even speeding up.

and what are the chances it expanded into life.Gsmith92

Pretty darn good, considering that life exists. :P