Do you believe in the Big Bang Theory?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts
It might be the leading answer for the creation of the universe right now, but I doubt it will be around in 50 years. Dark Matter and Dark Energy changed the game and I do not believe the Big Bang has an answer for it. The problem I see with science today is that scientist try to bend observations to fit what should be happening according to their models. Case and point: string theory.
CptJSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 CptJSparrow
Member since 2007 • 10898 Posts
The Big Bang is the expansion of the universe.. not its creation.
huxion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 huxion
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I agree but it is also debatable because there could have been more then one big bang i think there were a few bangs and that is how our galaxies were formed. And the big bang theory is just the primary starting point of the existence of life and does not really help all that much cause it was billions of years ago vs our earth which is only a couple. That is a large gap in time. I wont debate with people on this subject that is just my view on it.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#154 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

I agree but it is also debatable because there could have been more then one big bang i think there were a few bangs and that is how our galaxies were formed. And the big bang theory is just the primary starting point of the existence of life and does not really help all that much cause it was billions of years ago vs our earth which is only a couple. That is a large gap in time. I wont debate with people on this subject that is just my view on it. huxion

Huh?

The big bang has... absolutely nothing to do with the formation of galaxies or with the existence of life.

limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 limpbizkit818
The Big Bang is the expansion of the universe.. not its creation.CptJSparrow
It's a theory that tries to explain the development of the universe as we know it today. AKA, the creation of our universe.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 avatar_genius
Member since 2009 • 8056 Posts

Eventually, all the protons will evaporate and everything will fizzle out until it all reaches 0 degrees Kelvin.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

It's harder to believe a big explosion made multiple beings perfectly compatible with one another, able to reproduce, and an enviroment by which they could survive in the best possible way, than it is to believe that a big man in the sky that we can't see made everything with his infinite knowledge. I don't agree with everything in the Christian religion, like going to church and baptism and confirmation into a church, but I certainly believe that God made everything.clash76-grunger

HOW did God make everything?

I want ONE single person to answer this question for me. So far, EVERYONE has failed. And that means, as far as explaining our origins, "creation science" or whatever the hell you want to call it fails in comparison to REAL science.

REAL science has a lot of unexplained properties attached to it, but it is pretty damn thorough. It explains the actual mechanism by which a hell of a lot of stuff actually HAPPENS, such as nuclear fusion, and natural selection due to mutations.

God doesn't explain ****. That doesn't mean that God isn't REAL, but god just plain doesn't explain ****.

If God created atoms such as gold and plutonium, there is absolutely NO theory describing the MECHANISM by which God did a single ****ing thing. Science gives us explanations for HOW stuff happened, appealing to God merely says "God did it...now don't ask how".

Again, let me reiterate...I am absolutely NOT stating that God does not exist. But God today is a "God of the Gaps". As in, when people choose supernatural explanations over natural explanations, they are choosing a convenient plot device that enables us to stop asking questions.

"Yeah, but HOW did God create the elements?"

"How DARE you question how God works? He works in mysterious ways, and all I need to tell you is that God had to have done it because science hasn't explained every single thing that can possibly be known in the entire universe."

Which is a load of crap. Because even when science is WRONG, scientists still try to explain HOW stuff happens. Science actually EXPLAINS things. God DOESN'T. Even if you believe that the big bang theories are all a lot of nonsense becaue they don't sufficiently explain how our universe is as it is, HOW is appealing to God any better? Can ANYONE describe to me the actual MEANS by which God has done ANYTHING, without that particular thing being something that could be explained as well or better by atheistic scientific explanations?

Don't tell me that science hasn't explained something. That just brings us back to something being completely unexplained. If you want to bring GOD into this, tell me HOW god did ANYTHING. Did God create the universe? Okay, HOW? Did God perform a miracle and remove your terminal cancer? Okay, HOW?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#158 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I agree but it is also debatable because there could have been more then one big bang i think there were a few bangs and that is how our galaxies were formed. And the big bang theory is just the primary starting point of the existence of life and does not really help all that much cause it was billions of years ago vs our earth which is only a couple. That is a large gap in time. I wont debate with people on this subject that is just my view on it. huxion

Nope, its the universe. Not life. Life on Earth started maybe 3 billion years ago. The current model of the universe began over 13 billion. Aside from starting the current universe working which influenced the formation of life, the big bang has no direct correlation to the origin of life on Earth.

Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#159 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
Yes I do.
BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#160 BumFluff122
Member since 2004 • 14853 Posts

[QUOTE="CptJSparrow"]The Big Bang is the expansion of the universe.. not its creation.limpbizkit818
It's a theory that tries to explain the development of the universe as we know it today. AKA, the creation of our universe.

The Big Bang does not state anythign about creation. What it does state is that a dense ball of matter and space began expanding. How that dense point got there doesn't have anythign to do with the big bang. And we exist in a universe where this is still happening as has been evidenced by the red shift of galaxies and so on. Dark Energy is a hypothesis to the reason why the glaxies further out appear to be more red shifted than the closer galaxies. However the existence of this is questioned because some physicists now believe that the red shiftign of glaxies further out is merely the product of the stretching of time and space. Regardless the possible existence of Dark Energy and the existence of Dark Matter do not in any way throw doubt into the evidence that supports the Big Bang.

Trmpt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Trmpt
Member since 2008 • 2381 Posts

[QUOTE="Trmpt"]

That is what I thought you meant at first glance. What I explained in my immediate responce to #3 would require 32 different 4-dimensional universes which would be crazy even if they do exist. I used the idea of what the majority of people think when they define what a dimension actually is which i think would be that each dimension is its own universe. That is just one of the different definitions people think about when they hear the term "dimension". I just wrote a thought as to how that idea would probably work.

Also, for my idea to actually work, one universe on one "brane" containing 4 dimensions would have to be changed to one universe on each brane would have to contain 7-dimensions each, therefore making 4 different timelines for one universe. Taking into acount that every dimension after '4' just adds another timeline.

After thinking about it, if every dimension after the 3rd only adds time and nothing else that would mean that the 5th dimension would have to have its own 3rd, 2, and 1 dimension. ................Unless those extra dimensions of time somehow share the 3rd, 2, and 1 dimensions with eachother, which woulod make sense if they are "one" universe only with different timelines.

BumFluff122

Ok? You're confusing me. Imagine that there is one sheet of paper. This is a brane. This contains height, width, depth and time. Another sheet of paper contains exactly the same. If you hold them apart there is a dimension in the middle. When you press those two sheets of paper together a Big Bang occurs. I think you understand from your last post perhaps. Another version os string theory hypothesizes that there are 10 spatial dimensions and 1 dimension of time. The 7 spatial dimensions we can't see are ultra condensed so they can't be seen. I actually have a book on it by Bill Bryson but I read it awhile ago.

Yeah I understood what you were saying.

And the bolded part kind of goes along with what I said towards the end of my last post with the exception that I didnt say that they are condensed to the point of not being visible. But what i said was that one brane which would have 4 extra dimensions of time would all share the same 1st, 2nd, and 3rd spacial dimensions. You kind of said what i said but in a reverse kind of way by saying that instead of having multiple dimensions of time you have multiple 1st, 2nd, and 3rd spacial dimensions all sharing just one dimension of time.

And where did the guy who wrote that book get the idea that there are 7 spacial dimensions that we cant see? I want to read that book. To have more dimensions that are of time only would be more logical as you cannot see time, only "experience" it, not sure if that was the right term to use but yeah. Im probably missing other information that is covered in the book but Im still kind of skeptical about that theory and some others.

We cant even see the 2nd 4th dimension that is located on the second brane ( and according to what I bolded above it is not condensed enough to NOT be visible) let alone think that there are multiple other 3rd, 2nd, and 1st dimensions, and all of this is sitting on 1 dimension of time btw.

What was the title of that book?

Avatar image for themagicbum9720
themagicbum9720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 themagicbum9720
Member since 2007 • 6536 Posts
i believe it.
BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 BumFluff122

Yeah I understood what you were saying.

And the bolded part kind of goes along with what I said towards the end of my last post with the exception that I didnt say that they are condensed to the point of not being visible. But what i said was that one brane which would have 4 extra dimensions of time would all share the same 1st, 2nd, and 3rd spacial dimensions. You kind of said what i said but in a reverse kind of way by saying that instead of having multiple dimensions of time you have multiple 1st, 2nd, and 3rd spacial dimensions all sharing just one dimension of time.

And where did the guy who wrote that book get the idea that there are 7 spacial dimensions that we cant see? I want to read that book. To have more dimensions that are of time only would make more sense as you cannot see time, only "experience" it, not sure if that was the right term to use but yeah. Im probably missing other information that is covered in the book but Im still kind of skeptical about that theory and some others.

We cant even see the 2nd 4th dimension that is located on the second brane ( and according to what I bolded above it is not condensed enough to NOT be visible) let alone think that there are multiple other 3rd, 2nd, and 1st dimensions, and all of this is sitting on 1 dimension of time btw.

What was the title of that book?

Trmpt

Look up M-Theory. Here is a link. It is an attempt to bring the numerous version of String Theory together to form one single theory. Ooops it's not by Bill Bryson. It's by Briane Green and it's called The Elegant Universe.

Trmpt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Trmpt

[QUOTE="mayforcebeyou"]

So do you? A Christian priest made up the theory just to let you know.

MrGeezer

A christian once washed my car, but that didn't stop me from believing in soap.

Are you implying that people somehow believe in the big bang just because they want to stick it to the Christians?

And thats where I :lol:

klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#165 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts

Yes, there are atleast some evidence for its claims.

MrLions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#166 MrLions
Member since 2007 • 9833 Posts
Dose it really matter? :| We're here arnt we? :P
Trmpt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Trmpt

Look up M-Theory. Here is a link. It is an attempt to bring the numerous version of String Theory together to form one single theory. Ooops it's not by Bill Bryson. It's by Briane Green and it's called The Elegant Universe.

BumFluff122

Thanks I'll look into that book.

limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 limpbizkit818

[QUOTE="limpbizkit818"][QUOTE="CptJSparrow"]The Big Bang is the expansion of the universe.. not its creation.BumFluff122

The Big Bang does not state anythign about creation. What it does state is that a dense ball of matter and space began expanding. How that dense point got there doesn't have anythign to do with the big bang. And we exist in a universe where this is still happening as has been evidenced by the red shift of galaxies and so on. Dark Energy is a hypothesis to the reason why the glaxies further out appear to be more red shifted than the closer galaxies. However the existence of this is questioned because some physicists now believe that the red shiftign of glaxies further out is merely the product of the stretching of time and space. Regardless the possible existence of Dark Energy and the existence of Dark Matter do not in any way throw doubt into the evidence that supports the Big Bang.

It most certainly does state something about creation. That dense ball of matter does not have to be part of the theory; Big Bang explains how our universe formed from it. Hence, it explains the creation of our universe. I believe that the title of this book states its case well.

I would love to have a debate about Dark Energy and the such since I am very much entertained but the subject, but it's past 2 in the morning on the East Coast. I actually fell asleep for a little bit, hence the long reply time. I'll try to give you something to reply to:

Both of them most certainly do leave doubts about the BB. I thought the explosion is what caused the expansion? Now we learn that it may be a type of matter that is doing it? A matter that we do not know the particles it consists of? And if time and space can be stretched for galaxies to travel through, who is to say that our universe did not form is such a way? Or in a way still unexplainable with our current technology? Maybe a cyclic model would be more accurate? Things like the recently launched Planck satellite will help us answer more questions.

Red Shifts can also be called into question by the Compton Effect. Now don't get me wrong, the current theory may in fact be correct. That being said, I have a hard time standing behind it with our lack of knowledge on the subject. Plus I like to be a rebel :P

limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 limpbizkit818

[QUOTE="BumFluff122"]Look up M-Theory. Here is a link. It is an attempt to bring the numerous version of String Theory together to form one single theory. Ooops it's not by Bill Bryson. It's by Briane Green and it's called The Elegant Universe.

Trmpt

And once you finish The Elegant Universe, how about looking into this one?

BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 BumFluff122

It most certainly does state something about creation. That dense ball of matter does not have to be part of the theory; Big Bang explains how our universe formed from it. Hence, it explains the creation of our universe. I believe that the title of this book states its case well.

I would love to have a debate about Dark Energy and the such since I am very much entertained but the subject, but it's past 2 in the morning on the East Coast. I actually fell asleep for a little bit, hence the long reply time. I'll try to give you something to reply to:

Both of them most certainly do leave doubts about the BB. I thought the explosion is what caused the expansion? Now we learn that it may be a type of matter that is doing it? A matter that we do not know the particles it consists of? And if time and space can be stretched for galaxies to travel through, who is to say that our universe did not form is such a way? Or in a way still unexplainable with our current technology? Maybe a cyclic model would be more accurate? Things like the recently launched Planck satellite will help us answer more questions.

Red Shifts can also be called into question by the Compton Effect. Now don't get me wrong, the current theory may in fact be correct. That being said, I have a hard time standing behind it with our lack of knowledge on the subject. Plus I like to be a rebel :P

limpbizkit818

The Big Bang was not an explosion. Scientists have mapped out the galaxies in the viewable universe and know exactly how fast they are travelling in which directions. There is absolutely no question whatsoever that all matter was originally at a point. Scientists have it figured otu exactly what occurred down to somethign like a millionth of a second after the beginnign of the expansion. However all the matter tha exists today existed within that miniscule position. Nothing was created. Dark Energy is not causing the expansion of the universe. IT is thought to be the driving force behind the speeding up of the expansion. Yet there has been absolutely no evidence for Dark Energy and it's existence has been called into question. Some scientists believe that the speeding up of the galaxies away from that original point is caused by the expansion fo space and time as opposed to a mysterious form opf energy. dark MNatter has nothing to do with the apparent speeding up of the expansion. Time and space are expandign due to the opriginal expansion, called the Big Bang. A cyclic model of the universe is the most probable but that cyclic model begins with the Big Bang. Then another Big Bang. Then another and so on. The problem with your theory of the compton effect is that there is no matter in between the stars we see in the nighttime sky and our view of it. We can track where exactly Dark Matter exists in the universe. (Remember this is Dark Matter we are speaking about now not Dark energy.)

STARXWOLF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 STARXWOLF
Member since 2009 • 758 Posts

yup it makes tons of sense.

Avatar image for 194197844077667059316682358889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 194197844077667059316682358889
Member since 2003 • 49173 Posts

[QUOTE="Trmpt"]

[QUOTE="BumFluff122"]Look up M-Theory. Here is a link. It is an attempt to bring the numerous version of String Theory together to form one single theory. Ooops it's not by Bill Bryson. It's by Briane Green and it's called The Elegant Universe.

limpbizkit818

It's kinder than the similarly-titled book I read on the subject.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#173 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

It's kinder than the similarly-titled book I read on the subject.xaos

From the title, that sounds more like a scientific paper than a book.

Trmpt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Trmpt

[QUOTE="Trmpt"]

limpbizkit818

I'll look into that one too. With so many books written by writers stating a lot different theories as to why they think one particular theory is correct it is hard to really narrow them down by weeding out the ones that are clearly dismissible to the ones that actually have a chance at holding some truth.
BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 BumFluff122

I'll look into that one too. With so many books written by writers stating a lot different theories as to why they think one particular theory is correct it is hard to really narrow them down by weeding out the ones that are clearly dismissible to the ones that actually have a chance at holding some truth. Trmpt
Just remmeber that, while String theory is still in hypothesis stage and may one day be found to be completely wrong due to their beign no evidence that points toward it, it still does not take away from the fact of the Big Bang occurring.

Trmpt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Trmpt

It most certainly does state something about creation.

limpbizkit818

Not really. All the big bang tries to state is that the known universe expanded from dense matter. It doesnt state what created the matter.

TheSoundSystem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 TheSoundSystem
Member since 2009 • 133 Posts

Exactly Both sides can use the idea 1. Religion = God said let there be life...and then big bang 2. Science says big bang created universe No way to know for sure...at least till death

Why do you believe death will reveal the biggest question known to man?
LanceA63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 LanceA63
Member since 2003 • 417 Posts

yes, until a better theory is formulated & proven

maverick_41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#179 maverick_41
Member since 2007 • 1195 Posts

I don't see why the whold God thing is so debated. I mean, a little over 2000 years ago there lived a man named Jesus Christ, the son of God. Isn't he enough proof for all of you.The Big Bang is just the scientific explanation behind God creating the universe.

Oh and to TheSoundSystem 2 posts above me. When we die all will be revealed. Heaven or Hell. That's it.

Avatar image for tocklestein2005
tocklestein2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 tocklestein2005
Member since 2008 • 5532 Posts

sure.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 194197844077667059316682358889

I don't see why the whold God thing is so debated. I mean, a little over 2000 years ago there lived a man named Jesus Christ, the son of God. Isn'the enough proof for all of you.The Big Bang is just the scientific explanation behing God creating the universe.

maverick_41
You have a pretty low threshold for proof
Avatar image for -TheSecondSign-
-TheSecondSign-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#182 -TheSecondSign-
Member since 2007 • 9301 Posts

No. I believe we're all actually part of a huge computer simulation that is comprised of 3 dimensional beings, and our creators exist outside of our comprehension as 4 dimensional beings.

If anybody gets this reference, they get cookies.

tofu-lion91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 tofu-lion91
Member since 2008 • 13496 Posts
Yep it's the best theory we have at the moment :)
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#184 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
Yep it's the best theory we have at the moment :)tofu-lion91
yup, going with this one
killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts

The big bang theory says that basically there was a tiny spec that exploded and all the planets and other space stuff was formed, right? Or was I told wrong?

If that's right...then where did the tiny spec come from? I'm not saying the big bang theory is wrong (even though I don't believe it), but that spec couldn't have just came out of no where.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#186 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38684 Posts

of course

BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 BumFluff122

I don't see why the whold God thing is so debated. I mean, a little over 2000 years ago there lived a man named Jesus Christ, the son of God. Isn't he enough proof for all of you.The Big Bang is just the scientific explanation behind God creating the universe.

Oh and to TheSoundSystem 2 posts above me. When we die all will be revealed. Heaven or Hell. That's it.

maverick_41

And over 1300 years ago there live a prophet by the name Mohammed. Is that not enough proof that Islam is correct? There are many people who have claimed to be prophets. Just because they do does not mean they are.

BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 BumFluff122

The big bang theory says that basically there was a tiny spec that exploded and all the planets and other space stuff was formed, right? Or was I told wrong?

If that's right...then where did the tiny spec come from? I'm not saying the big bang theory is wrong (even though I don't believe it), but that spec couldn't have just came out of no where.

killab2oo5

Where that particle came from is not part of the Big Bang theory. The Big Bang theory is the best explanation of the current evidence we have about the universe. That being that all the galaxies are red shifted and moving away from a central point. There are various hypothesies concernign how that hyper dense obhect got there though includign vacuum fluctuations and cyclic universes.

killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 killab2oo5

[QUOTE="killab2oo5"]

BumFluff122

Where that particle came from is not part of the Big Bang theory. The Big Bang theory is the best explanation of the current evidence we have about the universe. That being that all the galaxies are red shifted and moving away from a central point. There are various hypothesies concernign how that hyper dense obhect got there though includign vacuum fluctuations and cyclic universes.

I don't really get how the origin point of the big bang isn't a part of the big bang theory...Also, where was this "spec"? Was it in space? How did "space" get there? What caused the vaccum fluctuations and cyclic universes? About whatever caused those...where did they come from?

:? Big bang theory just doesn't seem plausible to me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 194197844077667059316682358889

[QUOTE="BumFluff122"]

[QUOTE="killab2oo5"]

killab2oo5

I don't really get how the origin point of the big bang isn't a part of the big bang theory...Also, where was this "spec"? Was it in space? How did "space" get there? What caused the vaccum fluctuations and cyclic universes? About whatever caused those...where did they come from?

Because Big Bang Theory is not a comprehensive theory of cosmogenesis. Newton's theory of universal gravitation does not account for quantum mechanics. That in and of itself doesn't mean universal gravitation is false, it just means that universal gravitation does not attempt to address this question.
_-THANATOS-_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 _-THANATOS-_
Member since 2009 • 118 Posts
I believe in a multiverse or simulation thorey, the big bang happens all the time in multiverse
killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 killab2oo5

[QUOTE="killab2oo5"] I don't really get how the origin point of the big bang isn't a part of the big bang theory...Also, where was this "spec"? Was it in space? How did "space" get there? What caused the vaccum fluctuations and cyclic universes? About whatever caused those...where did they come from?

xaos

Because Big Bang Theory is not a comprehensive theory of cosmogenesis. Newton's theory of universal gravitation does not account for quantum mechanics. That in and of itself doesn't mean universal gravitation is false, it just means that universal gravitation does not attempt to address this question.

So the "Where did all this stuff come from?" question can't be answered?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 194197844077667059316682358889

[QUOTE="xaos"][QUOTE="killab2oo5"] I don't really get how the origin point of the big bang isn't a part of the big bang theory...Also, where was this "spec"? Was it in space? How did "space" get there? What caused the vaccum fluctuations and cyclic universes? About whatever caused those...where did they come from?

killab2oo5

So the "Where did all this stuff come from?" question can't be answered?

There are hypotheses that deal with that, but they are not part of the Big Bang Theory and, as yet, do not have significant testable predictions
BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 BumFluff122

[QUOTE="BumFluff122"]

[QUOTE="killab2oo5"]

killab2oo5

The 'spec' was space. Or at least the space we know. It is also time, or at least the time we know. There are real world examples of vacuum fluctuations. There are also real world examples of things popping into and otu of existence. See Quantum Mechanics. A particle travels from oen quntum to another quantum without traversing the space in between. You could also look up Quantum Engtaglement. That is when information from one entangled particle exactly matches the information of the other quantumly entangled particle no matter how many light years they are away from eachother. Meaning that as soon as you switch the particle from a down state to an up state the same exact thing happens in the other particle at the exact same moment. The information between the two particles is shared withouot tranversing the space in between. Does that seem plausible to you? Because it is known to happen. Cycli universes do not need to be caused by anything since they are, by their very nature, enternal.

killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 killab2oo5

[QUOTE="killab2oo5"]So the "Where did all this stuff come from?" question can't be answered?

xaos

There are hypotheses that deal with that, but they are not part of the Big Bang Theory and, as yet, do not have significant testable predictions

Interesting.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
Of course I accept it as fact.
Hungry_bunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Hungry_bunny
Member since 2006 • 14293 Posts
Yes, I believe that the Universe was created in one area and that it spread out very quickly in it's early days, that's pretty much the Big Bang Theory... the current Big Bang Theory is still flawed, incomplete and in need of "modification" though. The problem with "believing" in science is that you have to convert to another belief almost every day, scientific theories changes constantly while religious beliefs stay the same for a very long time.
BumFluff122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 BumFluff122

Yes, I believe that the Universe was created in one area and that it spread out very quickly in it's early days, that's pretty much the Big Bang Theory... the current Big Bang Theory is still flawed, incomplete and in need of "modification" though. The problem with "believing" in science is that you have to convert to another belief almost every day, scientific theories changes constantly while religious beliefs stay the same for a very long time.Hungry_bunny
Why is that a problem? As we gain more knowledge of the world around us we must fit our beliefs to accept those facts or reformulate them. That's not a problem just a better understanding of the reality we live in.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 194197844077667059316682358889
[QUOTE="Hungry_bunny"]Yes, I believe that the Universe was created in one area and that it spread out very quickly in it's early days, that's pretty much the Big Bang Theory... the current Big Bang Theory is still flawed, incomplete and in need of "modification" though. The problem with "believing" in science is that you have to convert to another belief almost every day, scientific theories changes constantly while religious beliefs stay the same for a very long time.

Not constantly, though. Science tends to be very conservative. Major shifts in scientific perspective tend to require a pretty significant body of evidence and a compelling new framework that is usually a superset of the previous view (like the way relativistic formulae describing motion are almost equivalent to the Newtonian forms at speeds significantly below that of light). See: Thomas Juhn's The Structure of Scientific Revolution Of course, the rate of change does tend to be faster than that of religious beliefs; I just wanted to make it clear that it's not like every other week physicists come in to work and have to start over from scratch :)
killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 killab2oo5

The 'spec' was space. Or at least the space we know. It is also time, or at least the time we know. There are real world examples of vacuum fluctuations. There are also real world examples of things popping into and otu of existence. See Quantum Mechanics. A particle travels from oen quntum to another quantum without traversing the space in between. You could also look up Quantum Engtaglement. That is when information from one entangled particle exactly matches the information of the other quantumly entangled particle no matter how many light years they are away from eachother. Meaning that as soon as you switch the particle from a down state to an up state the same exact thing happens in the other particle at the exact same moment. The information between the two particles is shared withouot tranversing the space in between. Does that seem plausible to you? Because it is known to happen. Cycli universes do not need to be caused by anything since they are, by their very nature, enternal.

BumFluff122

If that spec came from vaccum fluctuations then what caused them, and where did the cause of them come from? Same about the quantams, the different particles of the quantam entanglement (if they apply)? The cycli universes just, some day in "time", came out of no where at all?

Also, what created that spec...or where did it come from? That seems to be the biggest flaw in the big bang theory...you can't just say there was a spec that contained it all when there's no kind of explanation for it.

To answer your question, no...it still doesn't seem plausible. :3 Unless the questions above can be answered.