Death Penalty yes or no?

• 194 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#151 sexyweapons
Member since 2009 • 5302 Posts

[QUOTE="sexyweapons"]

[QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

But it happens. look at all of these people that were on death row that were exonerated of their crimes.

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/innocence-list-those-freed-death-row

but I guess you are ok with innocent people being murdered as a petty act of revenge. You know who else thinks like that? Islamic terrorists. Are you like islamic terrorists?

Guybrush_3

Most of those cases are in the 70s and 80s back then investgators would have to rely on old techniques to discover the culprit,now days investigators have forensic science to back them up.

I think you've watched a little too much CSI and no, and the fact that any of them are recent means that an innocent person would have been murdered as a petty act of revenge even with modern forensics, and thats just for people on death row. There are many more that have been aquited from muder charges but not been on death row that would also have died if you had your way, so you are like an islamic terrorist.

Actually I prefer documentaries on real cases.Sure the are likely to be mistakes but why do you think they are kept on death row for decades on end?They receive trial after trial after trial any on who isn't guilty is likely to be released.Also you make out everything in this world is 100% efficent but their are always gonna be mistakes,you could play the best game in the world and still find mistakes.

Oh and stop referring to me as a fvcking Islamic terrorist the definition of terrorist is "The use of violence an intimidation to achieve political goals" I simply think the death penalty is a good idea.

Avatar image for ChampionoChumps
ChampionoChumps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 ChampionoChumps
Member since 2008 • 2381 Posts
Count me surprised that 46% are for the death penalty in this liberal haven.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#153 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts
For the most part, no. Only in extreme circumstances.
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#154 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts
For annoying me on the internet....yes. LJS9502_basic
:{
Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

:{MrPraline

I also think MrPraline should be put to death.

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 MrPraline

[QUOTE="MrPraline"]:{airshocker

I also think MrPraline should be put to death.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

MrPraline

Unmoved.

Avatar image for Victorious_Fize
Victorious_Fize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Victorious_Fize
Member since 2011 • 6128 Posts

[QUOTE="sexyweapons"]

[QUOTE="nbessiner"]

I am pretty shocked about all the posts I read. You people seem to think it's okay to take a human life. Even the the people who are against the death penalty are only against it because of the risk of an innocent person being punished. No one on earth has the right to decide who lives and who dies. The death penalty is nothing more than murder.

nbessiner

Why does every person look at the death penalty from the perspective of the killer?

Were talking about killers here!

Thats somebodies friend,brother,daughter!

It could be somone you love,I love.

If somone kills somone with no respect they have no right to live

That is not for you to decide. That person should be locked up for life and kept away from society. You have no right to say wether someone has the right to live or not.

You might want to tell that to the killers too...
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts

Unmoved.

airshocker

helwa1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 helwa1988
Member since 2007 • 2157 Posts
It depends. If the murder wasn't ore meditated then no death penalty. But if it is 1st degree. Most definitely. I also think child molestors need to be candidates for it as well. Society would be much better off without such people.
Ncsoftlover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Ncsoftlover
Member since 2007 • 2152 Posts

[QUOTE="kussese"][QUOTE="sexyweapons"]

Should all murderers for all degrees of murder get the death penalty?

sexyweapons

All degrees? As in manslaughter would be sentenced with death? Seriously?

1st Degree murder

2nd Degree murder

3rd Degreee Murder

so no manslaughter isn't included on that

there's another category : capital murder for many US states, representing "murders so terrible that they deserve execution":)

If it's just first degree murders then they are rarely sentenced to death, and I'm not aware of state sentencing second degree murderers to death.

Ncsoftlover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Ncsoftlover

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]The odds of that happening are so slim, the point is moot.foxhound_fox
Spoken like a true American. If JUST ONE innocent person is killed at the hands of the state, for a crime they did not commit, then the practice has lost all value to the people. The blood is on all our hands. It sickens me the Canadian government is even thinking of bringing it back.

really? I must have missed it on the news, I thought the conservatives said they have no interest in raising the issue?

Or are you refering to the "put a rope in every cell" suggestion?

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#163 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16714 Posts

It has to be abolished world wide for the simple fact that the judicial error exists. Enough said.

chilly-chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#164 chilly-chill
Member since 2010 • 8902 Posts
I'm still trying to figure how to get seats to see a lethal injection.
Ncsoftlover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Ncsoftlover

[QUOTE="T_P_O"]

No thanks, there's better deterrents out there, that we can also make real amends for if we fvck up.

sexyweapons

The death penalty is a punishment not a deterrent

I personally think that the idea of having a "punishment" without deterrent value, and without rehabilitation possibility is an act of revenge that accomplish nothing, and should not be present in any modern justice system.

Ncsoftlover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Ncsoftlover

[QUOTE="sexyweapons"]

[QUOTE="T_P_O"]

No thanks, there's better deterrents out there, that we can also make real amends for if we fvck up.

supa_badman

The death penalty is a punishment not a deterrent

It is a punishment, but also a deterrent in stopping likewise crimes Cause no one wants to die

And that is exactly why 1 year after illinois abolished the death penalty in 2011, the murder rate went down to a 40 year low.

metroidprime55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#167 metroidprime55
Member since 2008 • 17657 Posts
I prefer torture.:twisted:
Ncsoftlover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Ncsoftlover

[QUOTE="sexyweapons"]

[QUOTE="19JasonSmith89"]yes, but don't waste all this money waiting years for it to happen, as soon as the conviction is handed down, take them out the back and shoot them!19JasonSmith89

China style?

pretty much, it seems to be effective!

sorry to disappoint you, but China switched to lethal injection now, and is progressing toward carrying out less executions than before.

Ncsoftlover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Ncsoftlover

No there is no logical case you can argue for it.. If your a fiscally conservative, you will be against it.. It costs more money due to how appeals courts work and due process then it would housing them for life.. Morally his/her death will not bring back the victim, and housing them in prison wil have the exact same effect.. They go away never to be seen again in society.. The only benefit I can think of is with the DA forcing a plea deal as a bargaining chip in saying that they will take off the death penalty from the table for life in prison.. Outside of that I see absolutely no logical reason why in the current US system we should have the death penalty, especially that we have found we have executed innocent people in the recent past.. sSubZerOo

And that one remaining logical argument for death penalty has another side to it as well. if the outcome is death penalty anyway, the criminals won't hesitate to kill a few more so less chance of people testifying against him/her.

Ncsoftlover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Ncsoftlover

[QUOTE="nbessiner"]

I am pretty shocked about all the posts I read. You people seem to think it's okay to take a human life. Even the the people who are against the death penalty are only against it because of the risk of an innocent person being punished. No one on earth has the right to decide who lives and who dies. The death penalty is nothing more than murder.

sexyweapons

Why does every person look at the death penalty from the perspective of the killer?

but the offender is also someone's friend, brother, son, daughter.

If killing them could bring victims back to life, sure, why not. If not, then isn't one dead better then two dead?

While the victim's family is not really getting much closure, the victims are dead, another family will now have to go through what the victim's family went through, just because the constantly angry public think they have such high moral standings to deny other's right to live ? Why are the offenders' family being punished again, when we have means to keep the offenders away from society?

IllestPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 IllestPenguin
Member since 2012 • 54 Posts

Put them to work doing something productive for society.

We have this awful punishment mechanism, when we could really be using these degenerates to our own advantage.

charlotalcaide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 charlotalcaide
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Well yes obviously
hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#174 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts
People who support death penalty must be Pro-Choice and support abortion
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts
People who support death penalty must be Pro-Choice and support abortionhippiesanta
I'm Pro-Abortion.
sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 sexyweapons

[QUOTE="19JasonSmith89"][QUOTE="sexyweapons"]

China style?

Ncsoftlover

pretty much, it seems to be effective!

sorry to disappoint you, but China switched to lethal injection now, and is progressing toward carrying out less executions than before.

Where did you get those details?

ARE YOU NOW WANTED BY THE CHINNESE GOVERMENT!?!?!

sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 sexyweapons

[QUOTE="sexyweapons"]

[QUOTE="nbessiner"]

Ncsoftlover

but the offender is also someone's friend, brother, son, daughter.

If killing them could bring victims back to life, sure, why not. If not, then isn't one dead better then two dead?

While the victim's family is not really getting much closure, the victims are dead, another family will now have to go through what the victim's family went through, just because the constantly angry public think they have such high moral standings to deny other's right to live ? Why are the offenders' family being punished again, when we have means to keep the offenders away from society?

Because the murderer did something to get deah row,the victim didnt do anything wrong and they ended up murdered.Honestly why do so many people look at the perspective of the murderer and not the victim.

nunovlopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 nunovlopes
Member since 2009 • 2638 Posts

[QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

No, innocent people can and have been executed and it is (by nature) more expensive than locking someone up for life. Those reasons alone are enough to warrant its abolishment.

Pirate700

The odds of that happening are so slim, the point is moot.

It only needs to happen once to be unacceptable. A legal system that executes an innocent person is a failed one.

nunovlopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 nunovlopes

[QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]Stop putting words in my mouth. I never said it was ok. One proven case out of how many 10s of thousands?

Pirate700

It's more than one case, and if you were an innocent man about to be executed would you still think it's ok that you are being murdered by the state? I mean you b*tch about taxes and other crap that government does wrong so often that I am surprised you are willing to leave your life in their hands.

By your logic we shouldn't even lock anyone up either because they could be innocent. When the odds are as low as they are, at some point you have to accept them OK. It's extremely unfortunate and tragic of an innocent person gets sentenced to death but the odds are beyond extremely low.

If you lock someone in prison you can undo the mistake by freeing the person and paying an enourmous amount of money as compensation. It won't erase the years in prison but it's something. There's nothing that can be done if the person is dead.

FMAB_GTO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 FMAB_GTO
Member since 2010 • 14385 Posts
Killers should die yes. The only problem is that sometimes innocent people may die.
junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 junglist101
Member since 2007 • 5517 Posts

If the legal system was infallible then I would consider it; but with the recent number of murder convictions that have been overturned I would say no.

nunovlopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 nunovlopes

[QUOTE="MrPraline"]No. [QUOTE="sexyweapons"]And this is why I support the death penalty,because that victim means something to somone,its somones friend,cousin,son,nephew etc etcsexyweapons

So is the perpetrator.

if somone close to you killed an innocent person would you still want to know them?

Difficult to say. Would a mother stop loving her son if he killed someone?

sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 sexyweapons

[QUOTE="sexyweapons"]

[QUOTE="MrPraline"] So is the perpetrator.nunovlopes

if somone close to you killed an innocent person would you still want to know them?

Yes

muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#184 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts

No.

l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts

I say no, the reason being that once the person is dead they're not suffering at all and the only people that are are the victims family and i dont think thats right, they didnt do anythin wrong.

Make the murderer spend their entire life in solitary confinement until they die, do not let them see the outside world at all in any way and with alot of strong evidence from current prison institutions criminals go mad from the isolation, far more fitting for their crime than a quick death.

Its more satisfying to see the murderer descend into an insanity they cant escape from until they die many years down the line if you ask me.

Ncsoftlover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Ncsoftlover

great news connectinut

Death penalty repeal pass senate vote.

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
no
Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#188 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts
No, I don't think we as humans have the right to decide whether another human should die.
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 MrPraline

[QUOTE="nunovlopes"]

[QUOTE="sexyweapons"]

sexyweapons

Yes

In all cases? No.
tryagainlater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#190 tryagainlater
Member since 2005 • 7446 Posts

No but I would like some gladiator style punishment for criminals.

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

Yes, but not for "all degrees of murder", that's downright retarded.

The_Sand_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 The_Sand_Man
Member since 2008 • 6788 Posts

Well, being from Massachusetts, which is liberal as hell, it would cost much more money to put a prisoner to death than to keep them for life in prison w/o the possibility of parole, due to the number of appeals. That being said, I still support it, if states executed similar to the way Texas does it..

Either way, YOU ARE going to die by the state's hands.

Most people eligible for the death penalty are violent offenders, so they're going to be kept in solitary confinement for the majority, if not all, of their prison sentence anyway.

The prisoners in solitary are basically going to go insane (if they're not already..) and begin develop psychological problems due to isolation from the rest of the prison population. It is, in a sense, torture, which goes against the eight amendment's protection against cruel and unusual punishment.. So I don't get why people are saying the state has no right to take a life when they're basically doing the same thing, but instead torturing them precedently. But, on the other hand, I kinda see where the victims seeking retribution are coming from when they say that letting them rot in prison would be the preferred form of punishment..

I'll link the article if I can find it, but I read a study that was done on POW's kept in detention camps in Yugoslavia in 1992. It showed that prisoner's who were kept in isolation for prolonged periods of time suffered the same amount, if not more, brain damage than prisoners that were physically beaten causing head trauma that could render them unconscious.

Avatar image for 001011000101101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 337

#194 001011000101101
Member since 2008 • 4395 Posts
No, it's too easy for killers and other criminals. Throw them into a cell and let them starve. Way more humane.