Death Penalty yes or no?

• 194 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RandomWinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 RandomWinner
Member since 2010 • 3751 Posts

Whatever's cheaper really. I mean, if you just so happen to be a sociopath who gets stimulation from killing a bunch of people, there is no hope of rehabilitation and they should be put to death. If your wife cheated on you with your boss who just fired you and if a fit of rage you take him out... well maybe you could get a second chance after some time in jail.

tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 tjricardo089
Member since 2010 • 7429 Posts

They suffer more in jail.

DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 DarkGamer007
Member since 2008 • 6033 Posts

I am against Capital Punishment, everyone has a right to live.

l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#104 l4dak47
Member since 2009 • 6838 Posts

tjricardo089
Jail is not really supposed to make the offender suffer. Its role should be primarily to help rehabilitate the offender and make him become a working, productive member of society.
Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#105 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts
[QUOTE="l4dak47"][QUOTE="tjricardo089"]

Jail is not really supposed to make the offender suffer. Its role should be primarily to help rehabilitate the offender and make him become a working, productive member of society.

call it what you want i wouldnt want to get r@ped in prison. i watch nat geo prison program. and this skinny guy in jail didnt wanna talk about how he got r@ped the first day in the showers so no death penalty, prison is insane enough
Avatar image for ChampionoChumps
ChampionoChumps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 ChampionoChumps
Member since 2008 • 2381 Posts
I'm adamantly opposed to the death penalty.
l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#107 l4dak47
Member since 2009 • 6838 Posts
[QUOTE="playmynutz"][QUOTE="l4dak47"][QUOTE="tjricardo089"]

call it what you want i wouldnt want to get r@ped in prison. i watch nat geo prison program. and this skinny guy in jail didnt wanna talk about how he got r@ped the first day in the showers so no death penalty, prison is insane enough

Yea, our jail system here in the U.S. is horrid. All we're doing is producing better and more hardened criminals when they come out of jail with no way for them to rejoin society in a peaceful, productive way. It creates a nasty cycle.
Avatar image for ChampionoChumps
ChampionoChumps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 ChampionoChumps
Member since 2008 • 2381 Posts

tjricardo089
Under that criteria, wouldn't it be up to the criminal to decide?
Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts
[QUOTE="playmynutz"][QUOTE="l4dak47"] Jail is not really supposed to make the offender suffer. Its role should be primarily to help rehabilitate the offender and make him become a working, productive member of society. l4dak47

Yea, our jail system here in the U.S. is horrid. All we're doing is producing better and more hardened criminals when they come out of jail with no way for them to rejoin society in a peaceful, productive way. It creates a nasty cycle.

yeah america out of all countries should have some standards cus nat geo said 3/4 people get r@ped in an american prison. i cant even imagine how dangerous a third world country jail must be
Avatar image for Victorious_Fize
Victorious_Fize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Victorious_Fize
Member since 2011 • 6128 Posts

[QUOTE="Victorious_Fize"]Yes... when you unlawfully take out a man's life... you are practically taking your own... solid logic.ghoklebutter
I sense sarcasm.

It is the irony of realizing you are willing to kill your own self, by killing another.

sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#111 sexyweapons
Member since 2009 • 5302 Posts

tjricardo089

Do they really?

Then why is it criminal's desperately do deals with the courts to escape the death penalty and get life imprisonment

Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Guybrush_3
Member since 2008 • 8308 Posts

[QUOTE="tjricardo089"]

sexyweapons

Do they really?

Then why is it criminal's desperately do deals with the courts to escape the death penalty and get life imprisonment

Biology. We are biologically driven to survive even if it is a misserable existance.

sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 sexyweapons

[QUOTE="sexyweapons"]

[QUOTE="tjricardo089"]

Guybrush_3

Do they really?

Biology. We are biologically driven to survive even if it is a misserable existance.

All the better reason to make crimminal scum suffer by giving them the death penalty.

Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#115 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

yea but none of that wait 20 year line crap do immedently.we spend hundreds of thousands of dollars keeping people in there op them out(by them i mean life in prison without parol)

19JasonSmith89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 19JasonSmith89
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
yes, but don't waste all this money waiting years for it to happen, as soon as the conviction is handed down, take them out the back and shoot them!
Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#117 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
Many criminals deserve the death penalty. However, it's such a long an arduous process, where they'll spend decades on death row, that it just turns into cruel and unusual punishment.
sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 sexyweapons

yes, but don't waste all this money waiting years for it to happen, as soon as the conviction is handed down, take them out the back and shoot them!19JasonSmith89

China style?

19JasonSmith89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 19JasonSmith89
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="19JasonSmith89"]yes, but don't waste all this money waiting years for it to happen, as soon as the conviction is handed down, take them out the back and shoot them!sexyweapons

China style?

pretty much, it seems to be effective!
Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#120 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
Opposed in all cases.
sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 sexyweapons

Many criminals deserve the death penalty. However, it's such a long an arduous process, where they'll spend decades on death row, that it just turns into cruel and unusual punishment. Ghost_702

I agree,I believe in the death penalty,but I don't like the way it ends up being decades after the crime.

ToastRider11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#122 ToastRider11
Member since 2010 • 2573 Posts

The death penality is not a way of the family or friends of the the murder victim getting revenge. That is a shallow way of looking at it. The death penality is used for the more severe extreme murder cases. And it is pretty much 100% official that the guy who is on death row is the killer. The killer has commited horrible crimes and has shown that he/she is not mentally sane and suitable and efficent to function peacefully within society.

Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Funky_Llama
Member since 2006 • 18428 Posts

While on a rational level I don't think the death penalty can be justified (either in principle or on more pragmatic grounds), the issue doesn't really inspire any kind of moral outrage in me as it used to.

Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Funky_Llama
Member since 2006 • 18428 Posts

The death penality is not a way of the family or friends of the the murder victim getting revenge. That is a shallow way of looking at it. The death penality is used for the more severe extreme murder cases. And it is pretty much 100% official that the guy who is on death row is the killer. The killer has commited horrible crimes and has shown that he/she is not mentally sane and suitable and efficent to function peacefully within society.

ToastRider11

Pretty sure that's not how it works

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
No there is no logical case you can argue for it.. If your a fiscally conservative, you will be against it.. It costs more money due to how appeals courts work and due process then it would housing them for life.. Morally his/her death will not bring back the victim, and housing them in prison wil have the exact same effect.. They go away never to be seen again in society.. The only benefit I can think of is with the DA forcing a plea deal as a bargaining chip in saying that they will take off the death penalty from the table for life in prison.. Outside of that I see absolutely no logical reason why in the current US system we should have the death penalty, especially that we have found we have executed innocent people in the recent past..
Khan933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Khan933
Member since 2010 • 377 Posts

Depends how brutal/severe it was, some people simply shoudn't be alive after the things they've done e.g Charles Manson, Ted Bundy

Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Guybrush_3

[QUOTE="sexyweapons"]

[QUOTE="19JasonSmith89"]yes, but don't waste all this money waiting years for it to happen, as soon as the conviction is handed down, take them out the back and shoot them!19JasonSmith89

China style?

d

You do understand that many innocent people would be executed if you did that, don't you? 12% of all death row convictions are overturned.

sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 sexyweapons

[QUOTE="19JasonSmith89"][QUOTE="sexyweapons"]

China style?

Guybrush_3

12% of all death row convictions are overturned.

and your point is?

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

Have to say no.

Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Guybrush_3

[QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

[QUOTE="19JasonSmith89"] pretty much, it seems to be effective!sexyweapons

and your point is?

x

If you immediately executed people after they were convicted then you would be murdering a lot of innocent people.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178865 Posts
For annoying me on the internet....yes. Anything else....no.
sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 sexyweapons

[QUOTE="sexyweapons"]

[QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

Guybrush_3

and your point is?

If you immediately executed people after they were convicted then you would be murdering a lot of innocent people.

Most of those were over turned due to the person winning an appeal and getting life imprisonment instead,its extremely uncommon for people to get prosecuted for a crime they didn't commit now days.

Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Guybrush_3

[QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

[QUOTE="sexyweapons"]

and your point is?

sexyweapons

Most of those were over turned due to the person winning an appeal and getting life imprisonment instead,its extremely uncommon for people to get prosecuted for a crime they didn't commit now days.

But it happens. look at all of these people that were on death row that were exonerated of their crimes.

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/innocence-list-those-freed-death-row

but I guess you are ok with innocent people being murdered as a petty act of revenge. You know who else thinks like that? Islamic terrorists. Are you like islamic terrorists?

Syk0_k03r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Syk0_k03r
Member since 2008 • 1147 Posts

yes, we need to be much more liberal with the death penalty.

If the inmate is unable to do hard labor for whatever reason, then they should be put to death

eggdog1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 eggdog1234
Member since 2007 • 831 Posts

No! The death penalty should not exist. Why someone would want and argue for the State to have the "legitimate authority" to kill its own subjects is beyond me.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#136 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Not for all degrees, no.

sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 sexyweapons

[QUOTE="sexyweapons"]

[QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

Guybrush_3

But it happens. look at all of these people that were on death row that were exonerated of their crimes.

but I guess you are ok with innocent people being murdered as a petty act of revenge. You know who else thinks like that? Islamic terrorists. Are you like islamic terrorists?

Most of those cases are in the 70s and 80s back then investgators would have to rely on old techniques to discover the culprit,now days investigators have forensic science to back them up.

Franklinstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#138 Franklinstein
Member since 2004 • 7017 Posts
The death penalty is a giant waste of money.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
I'm pretty apathetic about it. I don't commit crimes so punishment is pretty redundant to me, but "LOL that sucks" for people who get in that situation.
Franklinstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#140 Franklinstein
Member since 2004 • 7017 Posts

[QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

[QUOTE="sexyweapons"]

and your point is?

sexyweapons

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about, because that isn't true.
Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Guybrush_3

[QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

[QUOTE="sexyweapons"]

sexyweapons

Most of those cases are in the 70s and 80s back then investgators would have to rely on old techniques to discover the culprit,now days investigators have forensic science to back them up.

I think you've watched a little too much CSI and no, and the fact that any of them are recent means that an innocent person would have been murdered as a petty act of revenge even with modern forensics, and thats just for people on death row. There are many more that have been aquited from muder charges but not been on death row that would also have died if you had your way, so you are like an islamic terrorist.

nbessiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 nbessiner
Member since 2009 • 731 Posts

I am pretty shocked about all the posts I read. You people seem to think it's okay to take a human life. Even the the people who are against the death penalty are only against it because of the risk of an innocent person being punished. No one on earth has the right to decide who lives and who dies. The death penalty is nothing more than murder.

SteverXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 SteverXIII
Member since 2010 • 3795 Posts
Even the the people who are against the death penalty are only against it because of the risk of an innocent person being punishednbessiner
Thats not at all true. Read through the thread again
sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 sexyweapons

[QUOTE="sexyweapons"]

[QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

Franklinstein

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about, because that isn't true.

And your evidence is...

nbessiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 nbessiner

[QUOTE="nbessiner"] Even the the people who are against the death penalty are only against it because of the risk of an innocent person being punishedSteverXIII
Thats not at all true. Read through the thread again

That or it's too expensive. Of course there are a exceptions but most people here don't seem to value human life.

sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 sexyweapons

I am pretty shocked about all the posts I read. You people seem to think it's okay to take a human life. Even the the people who are against the death penalty are only against it because of the risk of an innocent person being punished. No one on earth has the right to decide who lives and who dies. The death penalty is nothing more than murder.

nbessiner

Why does every person look at the death penalty from the perspective of the killer?

Were talking about killers here!

Thats somebodies friend,brother,daughter!

It could be somone you love,I love.

If somone kills somone with no respect they have no right to live

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#147 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

That or it's too expensive. Of course there are a exceptions but most people here don't seem to value human life.

nbessiner

I value human life. Just not when they're criminals. :)

nbessiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 nbessiner

[QUOTE="nbessiner"]

sexyweapons

Why does every person look at the death penalty from the perspective of the killer?

That is not for you to decide. That person should be locked up for life and kept away from society. You have no right to say wether someone has the right to live or not.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

[QUOTE="sexyweapons"]

[QUOTE="nbessiner"]

nbessiner

That is not for you to decide. That person should be locked up for life and kept away from society. You have no right to say wether someone has the right to live or not.

Why should we pay and have the risk of having him escape?? Of course we have a right to say who has the right to live or not. If you massacre 10 people in a sadistic way you have exhausted your right
eggdog1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 eggdog1234
Member since 2007 • 831 Posts

sexyweapons

Then why on earth would you give the government the authority to kill someone in a premeditative fashion. It makes no sense. The US has more people caught in the correctional system than Stalin had in the Gulags and 4 million of the 6 are black. 4 million african americans, that is more than were in slavery. Yet people want to increase the ability of the State to imprison, punish and kill.