Conservative Kansas Group Claims Teaching Science is Unconstitutional

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Jolt_counter119
Jolt_counter119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 Jolt_counter119
Member since 2010 • 4226 Posts

"One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If weve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. Were no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. Its simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that weve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back."

wis3boi

You saying Santa doesn't really exist?!?!:x

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

"One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If weve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. Were no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. Its simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that weve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back."

Jolt_counter119

You saying Santa doesn't really exist?!?!:x

I dunno, maybe that reindeer poop in your stocking was a sign, though

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

How is teaching Evolution promoting Atheism?. These guys are probably the same ones that make a big deal about Creationism not being taught in schools

Wolf-Man2006

obviously only atheists would believe crap like evolution.  We didn't come from no monkeys

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

[QUOTE="Wolf-Man2006"]

How is teaching Evolution promoting Atheism?. These guys are probably the same ones that make a big deal about Creationism not being taught in schools

lostrib

obviously only atheists would believe crap like evolution.  We didn't come from no monkeys

Than y only monkeys and humans get aids?
Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#55 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Wolf-Man2006"]

Fightingfan

If we "evolved" from monkeys then why do we still get aids?
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"][QUOTE="lostrib"]

chessmaster1989

If we "evolved" from monkeys then why do we still get aids?

Penguins used to fly, and now they get eattin' by whales. God is punishing us like the penguins. 

Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts

[QUOTE="Inconsistancy"]

'An' is only used infront of words with vowels, as you may (or may not) know 's' and 'h' are 'not vowels'.

jun_aka_pekto

The English language is full of exceptions. A word with a silent h such as in honest is one such exception.

-.- I'm aware of that, it was a simple mistake.
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
Christianity lol
Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

[QUOTE="Nuck81"][QUOTE="mahlasor"]

Well global warming shouldnt be taught as fact when there is plenty of arguements against it.  Same as Evolution, it really is not an science, it is more of an hypothesis.  

mahlasor

:Facepalm: Sure teaching Science is Indoctrination, yet forcing kids to say the Pledge every day that includes the phrase "Under God" is not..... Conservatives :Shakes my head:

We already got a bible that you can read on your own, we got the internet, public schools are pointless.  

edit: so what I am sayying is...  Do we really need public schools teaching stuff that we can learn on our own?

and the award for most stupid user goes to....

darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

Yet these people benefit from science every day such as medicine, electricity, the cars they use and more .

MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 MakeMeaSammitch

[QUOTE="Inconsistancy"]

[QUOTE="mahlasor"]

Well global warming shouldnt be taught as fact when there is plenty of arguements against it.  Same as Evolution, it really is not an science, it is more of an hypothesis.  

mahlasor

No valid arguments against the theory of evolution have ever been uttered, it's pretty much the most well substantiated field of all of science. A scientific theory is a well substantiated description for an empirically observed fact (a law). It is not a simple idea. And pretty much the same goes for climate change, it's just no where near as well understood.

'An' is only used infront of words with vowels, as you may (or may not) know 's' and 'h' are 'not vowels'.

What makes Global Warming true?  Ice cap melting, well they also grow, its called fluctuating, so I just uttered a refutation, but you probably already knew that.  What you got is confimation bias.  I had this conversation that five cups of coffee cant be healthy every day, but my mom refuses to believe that.  I could show her an article that states it, but she refuses to listen because she has been so used to her thinking.  She doesnt want to change her mind, because she has to admit she has been wrong for a long time.

the irony of your story is declicious.

That's a link to nasa. The most highly respected scientific organization period.

Yet you'll dismiss it as liberal nonsence.

You're just like your stupid mother.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts
Christianity lolGazaAli
Meh, its not like Islam is any better wrt Evolution.
chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

[QUOTE="mahlasor"]

[QUOTE="Inconsistancy"] No valid arguments against the theory of evolution have ever been uttered, it's pretty much the most well substantiated field of all of science. A scientific theory is a well substantiated description for an empirically observed fact (a law). It is not a simple idea. And pretty much the same goes for climate change, it's just no where near as well understood.

MakeMeaSammitch

What makes Global Warming true?  Ice cap melting, well they also grow, its called fluctuating, so I just uttered a refutation, but you probably already knew that.  What you got is confimation bias.  I had this conversation that five cups of coffee cant be healthy every day, but my mom refuses to believe that.  I could show her an article that states it, but she refuses to listen because she has been so used to her thinking.  She doesnt want to change her mind, because she has to admit she has been wrong for a long time.

That's a link to nasa. The most highly respected scientific organization period.

ouch
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 GazaAli
[QUOTE="GazaAli"]Christianity lolHoolaHoopMan
Meh, its not like Islam is any better wrt Evolution.

I was being sarcastic since many here always say "Islam lol" in topics talking about Islam.
nomsayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 nomsayin
Member since 2013 • 1346 Posts

I wish for a conservative party that isn't filled with idiots. 

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 GazaAli

nomsayin
You can't have the two I'm afraid. Conservatives worldwide have proven to be such failures in ruling the people and working for their prosperity. I'm saying this even though my religious believe would essentially make me lean towards conservatives more. But for the sake of pragmatism, I find myself leaning the other way.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#67 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
[QUOTE="nomsayin"]

GazaAli
You can't have the two I'm afraid. Conservatives worldwide have proven to be such failures in ruling the people and working for their prosperity. I'm saying this even though my religious believe would essentially make me lean towards conservatives more. But for the sake of pragmatism, I find myself leaning the other way.

Conservatives in Canada seem mostly reasonable. There are the backwater nutjobs, but at least their leader understands what issues to leave closed.
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 GazaAli

[QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="nomsayin"]

foxhound_fox

Conservatives in Canada seem mostly reasonable. There are the backwater nutjobs, but at least their leader understands what issues to leave closed.

Its all relative of course and there are exceptions I'm sure. Though as a phenomenon it holds I'm afraid.

edit: I want to emphasize on the relative part. The term "conservative" varies to a great extent based on geopolitical and cultural conditions. Excluding the right wing extremests who exist pretty much everywhere, I'd assume that the mainstream conservatives, say in Europe, are much more mild and lenient than their American counterparts. The disparity would be much greater when compared to their Middle Eastern counterparts and so on and so forth.

WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 WiiCubeM1
Member since 2009 • 4735 Posts

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]The only issue for debate I can see is if the school tries to pass a theory as a fact, for example gravity.chessmaster1989

Are you really saying schools shouldn't teach about gravity as fact? :lol:

Gravity sounds like pseudo-scientific BS to me.

I was gonna make a joke about giant magnets underground, until I remembered that one is actually true. Nevermind.

MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 MakeMeaSammitch

[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]Are you really saying schools shouldn't teach about gravity as fact? :lol:

WiiCubeM1

Gravity sounds like pseudo-scientific BS to me.

I was gonna make a joke about giant magnets underground, until I remembered that one is actually true. Nevermind.

miricles.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts
hes right, teaching science denies the religious freedom of parents to indoctrinate their kids
BMD004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 BMD004
Member since 2010 • 5883 Posts

I don't think they should be teaching global warming as that is such a currently debated issue. Plus, why does that even need to be taught at all? That is a very specific segment of science that there really isn't even any reason to cover from k-12. 

They should be covering the basics of how our climate works. Not passing off as fact a very specific segment of scientific study.

Evolution on the other hand, is a whole different story. It is a large part of any biology class, and is a scientific theory. It SHOULD be taught. There is no reason for it not to be.

MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 MakeMeaSammitch

I don't think they should be teaching global warming as that is such a currently debated issue.

BMD004

It's not really debated outside of right wing politics. It's well accepted within scientific circles, it's just conservatives being brainwashed.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#74 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44611 Posts
I'll never understand crazy people... They're just too confusing. WickedChainy
you should they're in ideological allegiance with half the country
HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 HoolaHoopMan

I don't think they should be teaching global warming as that is such a currently debated issue. 

BMD004

Your statement is pretty tantamount to the misinformation the deniers have been able to instill with in the non-scientific community.  

THERE IS NO DEBATE WITH IN THE SCIENTIFIC COMMUNITY.  Quit perpetuating this lie. 

BMD004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 BMD004

[QUOTE="BMD004"]

MakeMeaSammitch

It's not really debated outside of right wing politics. It's well accepted within scientific circles, it's just conservatives being brainwashed.

They are still currently studying it, and there are different reports coming out all the time that contradict each other. Even if most of them agree with one study, I don't think they are at the point yet where they should be teaching it in schools as if there is debate about the cause.

Teaching that the climate has been warming over time could be taught, because that is data. That is fact. But to teach that the reason for this is because of humans is premature. 

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 HoolaHoopMan

[QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]

[QUOTE="BMD004"]

BMD004

They are still currently studying it, and there are different reports coming out all the time that contradict each other. Even if most of them agree with one study, I don't think they are at the point yet where they should be teaching it in schools as if there is debate about the cause.

Teaching that the climate has been warming over time could be taught, because that is data. That is fact. But to teach that the reason for this is because of humans is premature. 

Premature? The IPCC released their report days ago disagreeing with EVERYTHING you just typed.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#78 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

[QUOTE="BMD004"]

BMD004

LOL everyone is a climatologist these days, smh. You're trying too hard m8

MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 MakeMeaSammitch

[QUOTE="BMD004"]

BMD004

No, it's to the point where it can be taught.

Like I said, all the scientific literature supports it.

The problem is brainwashed conservatives.

GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 GOGOGOGURT
Member since 2010 • 4470 Posts

Homework is unconstitutional.

GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 GOGOGOGURT
Member since 2010 • 4470 Posts

mahlasor

So are black holes.  Hypothesis. 

But Hypothesis are a part of science, so I think the word you were looking for is 'fact'.

BMD004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 BMD004

[QUOTE="BMD004"]

[QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]It's not really debated outside of right wing politics. It's well accepted within scientific circles, it's just conservatives being brainwashed.

HoolaHoopMan

Premature? The IPCC released their report days ago disagreeing with EVERYTHING you just typed.

Does their mission statement seem a little biased to you?

" To provide comprehensive scientific assessments of current scientific, technical and socio-economic information worldwide about the risk of climate change caused by human activity, its potential environmental and socio-economic consequences, and possible options for adapting to these consequences or mitigating the effects."

So their mission is to show climate change is caused by human activity. They collect scientific literature that they like and then publish their "assessments" that, not surprisingly, support their mission statement of showing that climate change is caused by human activity.

I'm not saying they are wrong. I'm just saying that I don't believe they are the authority on "climate change".

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 HoolaHoopMan

I'm not saying they are wrong. I'm just saying that I don't believe they are the authority on "climate change".

BMD004

An international collaboration of renowned climate scientists isn't considered an 'authority' on climate change?  WHAT?

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 HoolaHoopMan

They collect scientific literature that they like and then publish their "assessments" that, not surprisingly, support their mission statement of showing that climate change is caused by human activity.

BMD004

Again, you don't seem to know anything concerning the scientific community regarding this.  Their report is a summary of all the literature.  There is no debate, the science speaks clearly to one side here.  If we had actual scientific papers doubting climate change and mans role we'd see it in their findings.

Learn 2 science better.  

mahlasor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 mahlasor
Member since 2010 • 1278 Posts

[QUOTE="mahlasor"]

[QUOTE="Inconsistancy"] No valid arguments against the theory of evolution have ever been uttered, it's pretty much the most well substantiated field of all of science. A scientific theory is a well substantiated description for an empirically observed fact (a law). It is not a simple idea. And pretty much the same goes for climate change, it's just no where near as well understood.

MakeMeaSammitch

So what you got a an appeal to authority fallacy, for one I already know global warming is a political thing.  So it is no surprise Nasa would be in on that.  And now we have the ad hominem.  I have noticed that by making a small statement I get irrational people like you jumping to conclusions, and being insulting to say the least.  All based on very little knowledge, someone need to go back to school to learn some lessons, in manners.

mahlasor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 mahlasor

[QUOTE="mahlasor"]

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

You're kind of dumb, you know that?

worlock77

No I do not, how so?  Because I said something you did not like?  You know what fallacy that is?

No, because you make shit tons of flat out dumb posts. Your posts in this thread are simply a case-in-point. You're trying to speak about science while demonstrating that you don't really have any understand of basic concepts like the difference between a hypothesis and a theory.

I do not even have two thousand posts to make shit "tons" of flat out dumb posts, what are these post that you think are dumb.  So I guess if I make post that you do not like, therefore they are dumb?  Sounds like a bigot to me.  I know what an hypothesis is and a theory, that is why I used to word.  Hypothesis is a prediction, but you have not yet tested it.  This was a dumb post from you, and I just want to let you know I dont like you Mr. 22k poster.  Why so serious?

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 wis3boi

Homework is unconstitutional.

GOGOGOGURT

If my memory serves right, I think some scandinavian countries said that

MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 MakeMeaSammitch

[QUOTE="mahlasor"]

mahlasor

So what you got a an appeal to authority fallacy, for one I already know global warming is a political thing.  So it is no surprise Nasa would be in on that.  And now we have the ad hominem.  I have noticed that by making a small statement I get irrational people like you jumping to conclusions, and being insulting to say the least.  All based on very little knowledge, someone need to go back to school to learn some lessons, in manners.

no, it's a science thing, right wing losers made it a political thing. Same with evolution.

There's no "very little knowledge" These subjects have been researched to death and there are mountains upon mountains of data to support both things, stupid people just take that data and ignore it, opting instead to become mouth pieces for corperations. 

There's tons of data out there. Somebody linked 200 different scientific organizations that support these findings in this thread, and my analogy was correct, you, like your mother are presented with data but choose to ignore, likewise, you're both illogical and stupid.

MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 MakeMeaSammitch

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="mahlasor"]

No I do not, how so?  Because I said something you did not like?  You know what fallacy that is?

mahlasor

No, because you make shit tons of flat out dumb posts. Your posts in this thread are simply a case-in-point. You're trying to speak about science while demonstrating that you don't really have any understand of basic concepts like the difference between a hypothesis and a theory.

I do not even have two thousand posts to make shit "tons" of flat out dumb posts, what are these post that you think are dumb.  So I guess if I make post that you do not like, therefore they are dumb?  Sounds like a bigot to me.  I know what an hypothesis is and a theory, that is why I used to word.  Hypothesis is a prediction, but you have not yet tested it.  This was a dumb post from you, and I just want to let you know I dont like you Mr. 22k poster.  Why so serious?

no, global warming and evolution, has been tested extensively, and thus is a theory.

Why do you think you have any credibility if you don't even know the difference between a theory and a hypothesis?

Like I said, you're stupid.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 wis3boi

[QUOTE="mahlasor"]

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

MakeMeaSammitch

no, global warming and evolution, has been tested extensively, and thus is a theory.

Why do you think you have any credibility if you don't even know the difference between a theory and a hypothesis?

funny how my carl sagan quote earlier in the thread predicted its outcome

MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 MakeMeaSammitch

[QUOTE="mahlasor"]

wis3boi

funny how my carl sagan quote earlier in the thread predicted its outcome

explains anti-science people.

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts
I didn't know the government still recognized Kansas as a state.
mahlasor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 mahlasor

[QUOTE="mahlasor"]

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

MakeMeaSammitch

No, actually you are a dumbass, you are dumb on purpose.  First of all you do not even know what I do or do not know, the most you should even claim is that I am ignorant.  Not stupid.  I would say you are at the very least, a bigot.

Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts

An international collaboration of renowned climate scientists isn't considered an 'authority' on climate change?  WHAT?

HoolaHoopMan

No authorities, only experts. All beliefs should be tentative and able to be readily changed upon the introduction of superior evidence.

They are still currently studying it, and there are different reports coming out all the time that contradict each other. Even if most of them agree with one study, I don't think they are at the point yet where they should be teaching it in schools as if there isn't debate about the cause.

BMD004

It's not being taught as an "absolute fact" or any of that nonsense in the first place, at least not by anyone who'd be qualified to teach it in the first place. The IPCC uses words like "likely" and "90%" all throughout this extremely short effectively "talking point for idiots who we can't trust to actually read anything in the first place" article, they're not claiming 100%. 

It's not correct at all to require a field of science to be at Evolution's level of confidence before you begin teaching it, it's much better to teach the students not to hold their beliefs too sternly, and be willing to change them upon the introduction of superior evidence.

So what you got a an appeal to authority fallacy, for one I already know global warming is a political thing. So it is no surprise Nasa would be in on that.  And now we have the ad hominem. I have noticed that by making a small statement I get irrational people like you jumping to conclusions, and being insulting to say the least. All based on very little knowledge, someone need to go back to school to learn some lessons, in manners.

mahlasor

Fallacy fallacy, just because he appealed to authority doesn't make him wrong.

What motivation would scientists have to just lie? Are they so greedy/lazy and afraid to lose their pretty secure jobs, that they would perpetuate a lie?

Is it more likely that 97% of climate scientists are corrupt, and that the majority of the science community is afraid to criticize them, if not callaborating with the "lie"; or that the 3% are wrong?

(green) of course it is, that's what happens when idiot politicians, who have strong feelings about research they haven't read, or can't comprehend, get inbetween scientific debates. However, it doesn't prove that NASA's corrupt, or that the data's invalid. You seem to be heavily implying that you know for certain that it is. If you're making a claim, you're going to need evidence to back it up. 

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 wis3boi

[QUOTE="mahlasor"]

mahlasor

No, actually you are a dumbass, you are dumb on purpose.  First of all you do not even know what I do or do not know, the most you should even claim is that I am ignorant.  Not stupid.  I would say you are at the very least, a bigot.

I suggest finishing middle school before continuing on your embarrassing rant

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts
The only issue for debate I can see is if the school tries to pass a theory as a fact, for example gravity.Fightingfan
Going by your logic, everything is a theory, because the laws of gravity are about as well established as anything I can think of.
WickedChainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 WickedChainy
Member since 2012 • 319 Posts
[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]The only issue for debate I can see is if the school tries to pass a theory as a fact, for example gravity.PernicioEnigma
Going by your logic, everything is a theory, because the laws of gravity are about as well established as anything I can think of.

That's kinda how Science works...
mahlasor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 mahlasor

[QUOTE="mahlasor"]

[QUOTE="MakeMeaSammitch"]no, global warming and evolution, has been tested extensively, and thus is a theory.

wis3boi

That does not even make sense whatsoever, I am WAYYY past that age, idiot...  What an assumption to make, mr 29k poster.  I bet you made that post just to increase your post count.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="mahlasor"]

mahlasor

That does not even make sense whatsoever, I am WAYYY past that age, idiot...  What an assumption to make, mr 29k poster.  I bet you made that post just to increase your post count.

what is your obession with people's post count

mahlasor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 mahlasor

[QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"] No authorities, only experts. All beliefs should be tentative and able to be readily changed upon the introduction of superior evidence. [QUOTE="BMD004"]

They are still currently studying it, and there are different reports coming out all the time that contradict each other. Even if most of them agree with one study, I don't think they are at the point yet where they should be teaching it in schools as if there isn't debate about the cause.

Inconsistancy

It's not being taught as an "absolute fact" or any of that nonsense in the first place, at least not by anyone who'd be qualified to teach it in the first place. The IPCC uses words like "likely" and "90%" all throughout this extremely short effectively "talking point for idiots who we can't trust to actually read anything in the first place" article, they're not claiming 100%. 

It's not correct at all to require a field of science to be at Evolution's level of confidence before you begin teaching it, it's much better to teach the students not to hold their beliefs too sternly, and be willing to change them upon the introduction of superior evidence.

So what you got a an appeal to authority fallacy, for one I already know global warming is a political thing. So it is no surprise Nasa would be in on that.  And now we have the ad hominem. I have noticed that by making a small statement I get irrational people like you jumping to conclusions, and being insulting to say the least. All based on very little knowledge, someone need to go back to school to learn some lessons, in manners.

mahlasor

Fallacy fallacy, just because he appealed to authority doesn't make him wrong.

What motivation would scientists have to just lie? Are they so greedy/lazy and afraid to lose their pretty secure jobs, that they would perpetuate a lie?

Is it more likely that 97% of climate scientists are corrupt, and that the majority of the science community is afraid to criticize them, if not callaborating with the "lie"; or that the 3% are wrong?

(green) of course it is, that's what happens when idiot politicians, who have strong feelings about research they haven't read, or can't comprehend, get inbetween scientific debates. However, it doesn't prove that NASA's corrupt, or that the data's invalid. You seem to be heavily implying that you know for certain that it is. If you're making a claim, you're going to need evidence to back it up. 

It does because fallacy = logical error.  Well scientist do have a strong relation with government, like whether they get their budgets or whatever passed.  You just used an either or fallacy in the bolded.  Guess what, there is not a 97 percent consensus.  It is based on a survey, and I do not trust surveys so easily.  Btw, that is not how science is done, it is not by majority vote.  Look in the past, science discoveries have been made by ignoring the majority.  So is it hard to bleieve that maybe all these "scientist" are one day going to be seen as the ones who were wrong and misguided?