ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: I remember reading a long time ago how Batman killed people in the original comic series before adopting the no-kill policy. That statement was more towards people that think Batman and Superman should never, ever kill no matter what the circumstances. Some people tried to take it as far as saying Superman should have let Zod fry that family rather than snap his neck to save them in Man of Steel.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

Not nearly as bad as people made it seem. This was very much Earth 2 Batman and Alexander Luthor.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

@ad1x2: regarding Wonder Women not using the spear. She literally had her hands full as she used her lasso trying to contain Doomsday before he evolves again. I also like how Batman shot him with kryptonite then Superman being strong enough to pierce Doomsday, actually he really had to pull to get in there. That's what I call team work.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

@ad1x2 said:

@LJS9502_basic: I remember reading a long time ago how Batman killed people in the original comic series before adopting the no-kill policy. That statement was more towards people that think Batman and Superman should never, ever kill no matter what the circumstances. Some people tried to take it as far as saying Superman should have let Zod fry that family rather than snap his neck to save them in Man of Steel.

Man of Steel gave some context and still made it a major point that he had to do that even when it was against his morals.

In this turd we have Batman shooting guns (which he is supposed to be ADVERSE to guns considering his parent got fucking shot in front of him when he was a kid) AND he blatantly kills people with NO ATTEMPT to try and avoid it whatsoever. I mean seriously, he stabbed a guy in the damn heart and while it was still the best part of the turd fest of the movie, it completely went against Batman's very established character.

Still nothing compares to what they did to poor Lex. They completely RUINED a central villain of the universe beyond repair there. You can't even just get a different actor to get a better performance. They are going to have to completely re-write his character if they ever decide to use him in the future....

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#105 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

@LostProphetFLCL:

That seals the deal, I'm not going to waste my money on this crap. Always been a Marvel man anyhow.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

Redarding The "Lex Luthor" and peoples complaints. It was pretty common knowledge during the movies promotional material that Eisenbergs was playing Alexander Luthor, Lex Luthors son.

The Lex we are familiar with is long gone.

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 LostProphetFLCL

@AFBrat77 said:

@LostProphetFLCL:

That seals the deal, I'm not going to waste my money on this crap. Always been a Marvel man anyhow.

Glad I could save you some money!

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 LostProphetFLCL

@Nuck81 said:

Redarding The "Lex Luthor" and peoples complaints. It was pretty common knowledge during the movies promotional material that Eisenbergs was playing Alexander Luthor, Lex Luthors son.

The Lex we are familiar with is long gone.

He is credited as Lex Luthor, not Alexander Luthor, and I swear he was referred to as Lex Luthor or just Luthor throughout the entirety of the movie.

Also, considering they made a point of shaving his head in the end I think it is fairly obvious he was supposed to actually be Lex Luthor even though he was like an anti-Lex Luthor character wise.

They really did just **** that character up so bad...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 deactivated-5e9044657a310

@LostProphetFLCL: http://www.mtv.com/news/2340099/jesse-eisenberg-lex-luthor-jr/

http://www.polygon.com/2015/10/6/9463323/jesse-eisenberg-lex-luthor-batman-v-superman

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/94441/20151013/jesse-eisenberg-not-playing-lex-luthor-in-batman-v-superman-afterall.htm

http://moviepilot.com/posts/3667334

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 LostProphetFLCL

@Nuck81 said:

@LostProphetFLCL: http://www.mtv.com/news/2340099/jesse-eisenberg-lex-luthor-jr/

http://www.polygon.com/2015/10/6/9463323/jesse-eisenberg-lex-luthor-batman-v-superman

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/94441/20151013/jesse-eisenberg-not-playing-lex-luthor-in-batman-v-superman-afterall.htm

http://moviepilot.com/posts/3667334

Yet, IMDB says differently and he was never called Alexander in the movie.

Have you actually seen the movie?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 deactivated-5e9044657a310

The twitter feed in the article is is the promotional character set up by the movie studio.

You do understand that Lex can be short for Alexander don't you?

Of course you do, you're obviously a really bright guy.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#112  Edited By nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@LostProphetFLCL: Like I said, it depends on how much you like DC. The intro was a cut from Man of Steel's ending and not EVERYONE will like it. But to whoever is curious, it is worth checking out.

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By LostProphetFLCL

@Nuck81 said:

The twitter feed in the article is is the promotional character set up by the movie studio.

You do understand that Lex can be short for Alexander don't you?

Of course you do, you're obviously a really bright guy.

Once again, have you actually seen the movie?

At most there are a couple vague references to his father.

He is never called Alexander, not even once.

He is officially credited as LEX LUTHOR, not Alexander Luthor.

Again, have you actually seen the movie?

Also, even if he WAS Lex Luthor's son that just means this movie fails on different levels instead.

This was nothing that was ever stated or made clear in the movie just showing it to have more bad film-making, but then it also ruins Lex Luthor's character in a whole other way.

Superman has not been around long enough to have dealt with Lex. Suddenly he isn't a villain and we are just dealing with his shit ass kid.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#114 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

@LostProphetFLCL: He was called Alexander Luthor in the movie. Lex is short for Alexander. This is supposed to be The Lex Luthor.

He was easily the worst part of the film. His actions had no reasoning and he was the polar opposite of the character from the comics.

It would be nice to see the strong, intimidating business man who worked himself up by his own intelligence and hard work who squanders his potential on his jealousy of Superman and his god givendors powers.

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 LostProphetFLCL

@killered3 said:

@LostProphetFLCL: Like I said, it depends on how much you like DC. The intro was a cut from Man of Steel's ending and not EVERYONE will like it. But to whoever is curious, it is worth checking out.

If people actually want to see it, wait for the DVD release and see the directors cut. There is speculation that lots of important scenes were cut for the final release and it is known that the directors cut will be a whopping 37 minutes longer. There is an off-chance that crucial stuff was cut leaving us with this mess of a movie and that maybe the extended cut will help the plot out.

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By LostProphetFLCL

@Pikminmaniac said:

@LostProphetFLCL: He was called Alexander Luthor in the movie. Lex is short for Alexander. This is supposed to be The Lex Luthor.

He was easily the worst part of the film. His actions had no reasoning and he was the polar opposite of the character from the comics.

It would be nice to see the strong, intimidating business man who worked himself up by his own intelligence and hard work who squanders his potential on his jealousy of Superman and his god givendors powers.

I don't remember him being called that but I will take your word for it since you saw the movie.

I really cannot believe how bad the character turned out. It was just insulting.

It is a huge issue too as Lex is a pretty complex character who plays some major roles in different storylines. He also jumps back and forth between being the bad guy and the good guy. They would really have to do a total renig of his portrayal in this movie to use him in future movies.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 nepu7supastar7

@AFBrat77: This is definitely a movie that should not be ditched based on opinions. It's very, VERY specific. If you love DC, watch it! F### what critics say. If you don't love DC then don't. But you MIGHT just be missing out on something truly epic. Or terrible depending on where you stand.

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 LostProphetFLCL

@killered3 said:

@AFBrat77: This is definitely a movie that should not be ditched based on opinions. It's very, VERY specific. If you love DC, watch it! F### what critics say. If you don't love DC then don't. But you MIGHT just be missing out on something truly epic. Or terrible depending on where you stand.

I actually see this movie pissing off DC fans more than anyone considering how they **** certain characters and two major comic storylines....

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By nepu7supastar7

@LostProphetFLCL: Well I honestly can't blame you for hating it but seeing how divided reviews are; I honestly would not completely discourage EVERYONE from seeing it. I personally loved it but then again, it's only because I know what I know about Justice League and the way DC universes work. Not for everyone, that's for sure but this could easily get a cult following of its own very soon.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 nepu7supastar7

@LostProphetFLCL: Superman is pretty much the same but Batman is more like an Earth 3 Batman inspired by Flashpoint and Dark Knight Returns. Batman's usual version doesn't kill but he has in the past with Flashpoint and Dark Knight Returns. He's not exactly that different. He's just a mix of the 2. Those versions of Batman were meant to be psychopaths. That's the biggest thing he's always had in common with Joker. It takes crazy to know crazy.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 gago-gago

@LostProphetFLCL said:

The invitation Bruce got was from Alexander Luthor.

http://i.imgur.com/ZC2lMMl.png

But yeah Lex or Alexander, the character was annoying as hell at first take, but when you think about it I guess this is how the character acts in certain source material. Psychopath, master mind, billionaire.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#122 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58965 Posts

Redlettermedia review us up.

https://youtu.be/VGsrMaxx8N4

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#123 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

I'm looking at Rotten Tomatoes and the critics certainly haven't been kind. On the other hand the audience gives it a 78% so it's seems to be worth seeing.

Personally, I trust the critics over the audience. The audience is just not discerning enough.

That being said, if a movie looked interesting to me, I certainly would ignore the critical consensus and see it anyway.

This movie doesn't look interesting tho.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 GreySeal9

@Vatusus said:

And I just watched it and liked it very much. "Critics" can kiss my a**. Seriously, its possibly the most stupid "job" (if we can even call it that) ever. I also would like to be paid to give my opinion on something. And before you come with the so called "educated opinion" argument then dont bother. Opinions are still opinions, and no one call tell me what I'll like and what I wont. I find most oscar winning movies boring as fvck

But does you finding Oscar winning movies boring as **** have anything to do with their merit or just the fact that you prefer more escapist action stuff?

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 GreySeal9

@fenriz275 said:

Reviews these days are worth less than opinions. If reviews mattered then Michael Bay wouldn't have a career.

This seems like a "popular=good" argument in disguise.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 nepu7supastar7

@GreySeal9: Popular equals success. Whether it's "good" is more relative to opinion.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23033 Posts

@LostProphetFLCL said:
@killered3 said:

If people actually want to see it, wait for the DVD release and see the directors cut. There is speculation that lots of important scenes were cut for the final release and it is known that the directors cut will be a whopping 37 minutes longer. There is an off-chance that crucial stuff was cut leaving us with this mess of a movie and that maybe the extended cut will help the plot out.

Wow, a situation of "the movie left way too many scenes in that needed to be cut, but you should wait to see the extended version that's 20% longer."

I'm not sure I have the fortitude....

solidruss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 solidruss
Member since 2002 • 24082 Posts

I just got back from seeing it. I enjoyed it. I still think the whole thing was rushed, but overall I like it.

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#129 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

I saw it last night and I really liked it. I was skeptical because of the critics and the reviews I heard, but glad I saw it. I'm definitely going to research it when someone put it online in HD.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

@LostProphetFLCL said:
@ad1x2 said:

Man of Steel gave some context and still made it a major point that he had to do that even when it was against his morals.

In this turd we have Batman shooting guns (which he is supposed to be ADVERSE to guns considering his parent got fucking shot in front of him when he was a kid) AND he blatantly kills people with NO ATTEMPT to try and avoid it whatsoever. I mean seriously, he stabbed a guy in the damn heart and while it was still the best part of the turd fest of the movie, it completely went against Batman's very established character.

Still nothing compares to what they did to poor Lex. They completely RUINED a central villain of the universe beyond repair there. You can't even just get a different actor to get a better performance. They are going to have to completely re-write his character if they ever decide to use him in the future....

You must not be familiar with early Batman history. In fact he did use guns.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Is lex in this one supposed to appeal to the millenials

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

Eh it was ok. what I expected I guess. the story could have used a bit of work. Lex was badly cast and written. Wonder Woman was quite attractive. "shrugs"

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#133  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58965 Posts

Surprised people are praising the end fight, thought it was really boring. imo In Spiderman 2 even just the scene were Doc Ock's arms spring to life is better than the 20-40 minute final brawl.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

@killered3:

Always a Marvel man from 70's and 80's.....DC was always secondary to me except for Alan Moores Swamp Thing and of course The Batman. I may check out the directors cut of this movie some day, but I'm not as much of a DC guy.

Looking forward to Marvel's Dr. Strange and Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Civil War as well since Winter Soldier was such a good Cap movie.

I'm very picky about the movies I see, last movies I saw were:

The Revenant

The Witch

Deadpool

10 Cloverfield Lane

....all of which had something to recommend them.

Not sure what my next movie will be.

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

Watched it for the hell of it, and it's not worth the time. The movie's 2 1/2 hours long and Batman and Superman only fight for 10 minutes.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By nepu7supastar7

@AFBrat77: That makes sense. I love them both but to me, DC comes first over Marvel. Out of the entire Marvel universe I only care about Spiderman and Dead Pool.

I loved the Dead Pool movie but I'm still pissed at what they did to Spiderman so I'm still hesitant on watching Civil War. Not enough good heroes in the movie.

DC has Batman, my favorite hero of all time along with Superman and the rest of Justice League that I also love to pieces. I would really love to see a seperate movie of this creepy, psychotic Batman. It was love at first site!

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#137 LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

@LexLas: Superman is the scholar athlete with the world in front of him; idealistic, optimistic, cheerful, positive teaching.

Batman is the artistic goth kid with the world behind him; cynical, negative frame of mind, tough love. Smarter than anyone realizes, brilliantly creative...but people are too busy going "Man, what an ***hole" to see it.

That's how I've seen it. And it's why I like Wonder Woman, she does her own thang. She only poops bricks when her mom is around.

Superman was my first superhero movie ever as a kid. Christopher Reeve ! So obviously regardless how much i might like other super heroes in the movie, I want Superman to win. Wonder Woman was bad ass ! Luvd it.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By gago-gago

After watching easter egg videos and references on youtube and then watching this movie for the second time, I enjoyed it even more. The easter egg and reference videos answered the questions I had. This movie took ideas that spans across different variations of comic book source material. I feel like this movie is a great set up to the upcoming DC films but by doing this it sacrificed itself and may turned off average movie goers and non-comic book fan movie critics. I think this is a great comic book movie but it could be argued that it may not be a good movie about the comic book. Hopefully that made sense. I mean take a look at a director like Bryan Singer who destroys both source material and film. If I had to choose between Synder vs Singer to make a comic book film, I'll always choose Synder.

Also just like films like Sin City and Watchmen which released re-cuts of the film, I think BvS should do the same so those that didn't get it the first time, the re-cut may make it easier to digest all of the things that were happening in the film. At first I thought it was all over the place with the constant scene jumping but by following each character scenes, it was easy to follow. It's like first we have Batman scenes, then Superman scenes, then Lois scenes, then Lex scenes and a couple of WonderWoman scenes. The movie may seem to jump to different scenes but when you start to process which scene it was by character, it'll get more organized in your mind and the scenes are pretty much in order by character. A movie like this may be hard to process. Can't wait to own this.

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

@LostProphetFLCL: He stabbed him in the shoulder, not the heart. I like murderous batman. More realistic. Ben Afflecks iteration of Batman is by far the best one.

Bigfatmistake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Bigfatmistake
Member since 2016 • 383 Posts

This movie is bad and you should feel bad.

fenriz275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 fenriz275
Member since 2003 • 2383 Posts

I'm sure Warner Brothers are crying themselves to sleep with a $400 million plus opening weekend.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 deactivated-5e9044657a310

@gago-gago said:
@LostProphetFLCL said:

The invitation Bruce got was from Alexander Luthor.

http://i.imgur.com/ZC2lMMl.png

But yeah Lex or Alexander, the character was annoying as hell at first take, but when you think about it I guess this is how the character acts in certain source material. Psychopath, master mind, billionaire.

Lost Prophet is a stupid fool. The Lex in this movie spends his entire opening dialogue talking about his fathers legacy.

Bruce Wayne calls him Alexander, and it says Alexander Luthor on Wayne's Invitation.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

@bigfatmistake said:

This movie is bad and you should feel bad.

Just got in from watching it. NOT a bad movie. Actually entertaining.

Still_Vicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Still_Vicious
Member since 2016 • 319 Posts

I thought it was pretty good other than Lex and the plot being too crammed full.

DNA-Hole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By DNA-Hole
Member since 2013 • 49 Posts

@fenriz275: If that second weekend drop-off is huge, you can be sure the studio will be bawling. First weekend was a grand slam, but the big question is Will it have staying power for repeat viewings? $400 million is huge, but considering that it's rumored to cost that much to make, not counting an xtra 150 mil for marketing, they still got ways to go yet before celebrating.

Atomic1977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Atomic1977
Member since 2004 • 344 Posts

It's probably like the horror movie Freddy VS Jason one gets knocked off and the other one continues on.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

Just got in from watching it. NOT a bad movie. Actually entertaining.

I'm surprised I need to say this but lots of bad movies are entertaining. In fact, some of the worst movies are some of the most entertaining.

elheber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 elheber
Member since 2005 • 2895 Posts
@fenriz275 said:

I'm sure Warner Brothers are crying themselves to sleep with a $400 million plus opening weekend.

I have to wonder if you cheer EA on every time they make tons of money on a rehash game as well. You sound like the kind of person that would.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#150 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

7/10 imo.

Not a flop.