Atheist questionnaire

This topic is locked from further discussion.

brucewayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 brucewayne69
Member since 2012 • 2864 Posts

This isn't intended to start an arguement between theists and atheists. I just want to know, from atheists, what their thoughts are on certain things.

1. Do you think the Ark of the Covenant ever existed, regardless of whether or not it had powers?

2. Do you think Jesus ever existed?

3. Do you think a Moses ever existed? I mean, the exodus happened, but whether or not they were led by Moses is up for date.

4. Do you look down on theists?

5. Do you disagree with organized religion?

6. Have you ever voted Republican?

7. Did "Noah's Flood" ever happen? Global, regional, local scale whatever.

8. Would you became a Christian in the event of the second coming of Jesus? Or Jewish if a new messiah (proven) would come?

9. Anything you would like to add.

jim_shorts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#2 jim_shorts
Member since 2006 • 7320 Posts

This isn't intended to start an arguement between theists and atheists. brucewayne69

It'll end up that way though. Always seems to.

ninjastar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ninjastar
Member since 2003 • 9589 Posts

This isn't intended to start an arguement between theists and atheists. I just want to know, from atheists, what their thoughts are on certain things.

1. Do you think the Ark of the Covenant ever existed, regardless of whether or not it had powers?

3. Do you think a Moses ever existed? I mean, the exodus happened, but whether or not they were led by Moses is up for date.

8. Would you became a Christian in the event of the second coming of Jesus? Or Jewish if a new messiah (proven) would come?

brucewayne69

No

yes

maybe

sometimes

yes

NO

maybe on a local scale

no

nope

Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts
Yes Yes Yes Kinda Yes No Yes Yes No
brucewayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 brucewayne69

[QUOTE="brucewayne69"]

ninjastar

No

yes

maybe

sometimes

yes

NO

maybe on a local scale

no

nope

Curious on number 8. So if it was proven that somebody was God, you wouldn't worship or follow him? Why not?
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

1. well it's just a box really, so maybe.

2. There was lot's of crazy people back then claiming to be the Messiah, so he probably did.

3. Maybe, but it's doubtful as there is little to no evidence that the jews were ever slaves in Egypt.

4. No.

5. Yes.

6. I'm not American, even if I was I definitely wouldn't.

7. Of course not.

8. Wouldn't it be a bit late for that?

9. No.

ninjastar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ninjastar

Curious on number 8. So if it was proven that somebody was God, you wouldn't worship or follow him? Why not?brucewayne69

In the very unlikely event that happened I would feel like if I didn't before, why start?

DaJuicyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DaJuicyMan
Member since 2010 • 3557 Posts

Is brucewayne KingKong ??

brucewayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 brucewayne69

[QUOTE="brucewayne69"] Curious on number 8. So if it was proven that somebody was God, you wouldn't worship or follow him? Why not?ninjastar

In the very unlikely event that happened I would feel like if I didn't before, why start?

Erm, assuming that it did happen while you were alive, then it would basically make the religious texts proven true, including Heaven and Hell.
brucewayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 brucewayne69

Is brucewayne KingKong ??

DaJuicyMan
For God's sakes, no. Although we do share a love for Batman, apparently, based on his profile picture.
ninjastar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ninjastar

[QUOTE="ninjastar"]

[QUOTE="brucewayne69"] Curious on number 8. So if it was proven that somebody was God, you wouldn't worship or follow him? Why not?brucewayne69

Erm, assuming that it did happen while you were alive, then it would basically make the religious texts proven true, including Heaven and Hell.

Still wouldn't matter to me. Not going to change my ways when it's already to late.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

1. Do you think the Ark of the Covenant ever existed, regardless of whether or not it had powers? No that's stupid.

2. Do you think Jesus ever existed? Sure

3. Do you think a Moses ever existed? I mean, the exodus happened, but whether or not they were led by Moses is up for date. Don't know. Sure?

4. Do you look down on theists? Only Evangelicals and other crazies.

5. Do you disagree with organized religion? Sure.

6. Have you ever voted Republican? Not American but if they had a decent candidate that was a viable alternative and not batsh1t insane, maybe.

7. Did "Noah's Flood" ever happen? Global, regional, local scale whatever. Doubt it.

8. Would you became a Christian in the event of the second coming of Jesus? Or Jewish if a new messiah (proven) would come? No because I'm stubborn.

9. Anything you would like to add. no

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts

brucewayne69
Not an atheist but questionnaires are fun and I'm probably close enough. 1). Yes, no powers and I doubt it was anywhere near as elaborate as it's typically depicted. Most likely it was just a chest used to carry the stone tablets and was potentially a self fulfilling idea. 2). Yes 3). Yes, just as a leader who ended up being glorified for his accomplishments 4). No. Not for being theists at least. Some of the beliefs held by some religious people I look down on because they're ridiculous. 5). Yes 6). No, not an American and I wouldn't if I were 7). Possibly local but not on any larger scale 8). Depends on what this Jesus is doing and claiming 9). Why are all of these to do with Christianity/Judaism when Atheists reject all religion?
Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts

brucewayne69

1. No
2. Like King Arthur, a Yeshua could have existed, but his current representation is greatly exaggerated and unrealistic.
3. Same as #2.
4. I pity religious people not general theists.
5. All religions are cults.
6. Nope, I strongly oppose Conservative agenda. Traditionalism or an ideology that hinders progression.
7. Science says no. There's no geological evidence of a global flood. The story itself is made up, like everything else in the bible.
8. I don't support slavery. I rather not exist than be forced to worship for all eternity.
9. A christian isn't just a Theist. You're not opposite an Atheist. Sure you believe in a god, but you take it one step further, you believe there's only one god and he "speaks" to you -and all other gods are false. A christian plays the role of both a Theist AND an Atheist.

Tokeism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Tokeism
Member since 2006 • 2365 Posts
1. No 2. Yes 3. No 4. No 5. Yes 6. No (Not American, no republican party in Australia) 7. Maybe on a local or regional scale, there was no global flood 8. Idk 9. Nope
XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts

1. Yes.

2. Of course. There are many accounts of Jesus's existance.

3. Yes, more than likely.

4. Only when they begin to rationalize their thoughts through religion.

5. Yes.

6. Never have and never will. Even the Democratic party isnt as progressive as i'd like them to be.

7. No, of course not.

8. No, most definitely not. My atheist views aren't just a matter of "Well, if there was proof of God, i would totally worship." Even if he was real, i see no reason to worship or accept such a douchebag in the first place.

Nietzsche22456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Nietzsche22456
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Here it is... There is no reason to believe in god, that Jesus ever performed any miracle or that there has ever been a miracle.
cheese_game619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 cheese_game619
Member since 2005 • 13317 Posts
Still wouldn't matter to me. Not going to change my ways when it's already to late.ninjastar
but it wouldnt be too late god forgives and all that jazz
dagreenfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 dagreenfish
Member since 2010 • 1818 Posts
1. No 2. Yes 3. No 4. No 5. No 6. Yes 7. I think the story stems from a local flood 8. If something is proven, then stupid not to believe.
ninjastar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ninjastar

[QUOTE="ninjastar"]Still wouldn't matter to me. Not going to change my ways when it's already to late.cheese_game619

Well I guess I just wouldn't care enough to change then.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#21 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

brucewayne69

1) i haven't heard of any such artifact being uncovered, but it's not exactly a passion of mine. maybe some figurehead was made, but it seems like one of the less likely ones.

2) yeah, but as a regular guy.

3) there's speculation that he was made as a symbol of a good jew. i could go with that, but he might have been a person.

4) no

5) umm...yeah

6) not for a president, but i have for other offices

7) flood stories are common in mythologies. floods happen on a small scale that people try to justify, but obviously nothing remotely close to the story in the bible

8) obviously

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

[QUOTE="brucewayne69"][QUOTE="ninjastar"]

ninjastar

Still wouldn't matter to me. Not going to change my ways when it's already to late.

So if someone proved you wrong, with 100% correct evidence, you would still think YOUR point of view is right? I guess here lies the problem with close minded atheists or religious people.
cheese_game619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 cheese_game619
Member since 2005 • 13317 Posts

[QUOTE="cheese_game619"][QUOTE="ninjastar"]Still wouldn't matter to me. Not going to change my ways when it's already to late.ninjastar

Well I guess I just wouldn't care enough to change then.

you wouldnt care about spending eternity in suffering because you were proven wrong as an atheist, proven being a key word there. that makes no sense you wouldnt even have to do much to qualify as a christian
ninjastar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ninjastar

I never said I would still think I'm right. I said I wouldnt start worshiping him, there's a difference.

As far as hell and all that noise is concerned, I'm not that worried.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 FelipeInside

I never said I would still think I'm right. I said I wouldnt start worshiping him, there's a difference.

As far as hell and all that noise is concerned, I'm not that worried.

ninjastar
Thanks for clarifying that up. It initially came across as you wouldn't change your mind on your beliefs.
JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#26 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

1. Yes as an incredibly underwhelming discovery, possibly a radioactive material that kills people who opens it container leading to the belief it was from god.

2. Again yes I believe some guy from years ago in a sort of medieval version of David Blaine who used tricks and "magic" to fool people into believing in his faith much like how in ancient China Ninjas would walk on water but in fact it was just a board of wood hidden just under the surface.

3. Moses I'm unconvinced, I think he's pretend and part of a story blown out of proportion.

4. I consider myself to be not tied down by beliefs and rules written hundreds of years ago and consider myself free to think and believe what want without the oppressive nature of religion holding me down.

5. I completely and utterly disagree with it yes, I hate the Pope and his position of power, that goes for every other religion as well.

6. I'm not American so No.

7. I think the floods happened, a very wet year that led to flash floods in areas and again was blown out of proportion much like thunderstorms "are the gods being angry".

8. No I wouldn't as I said I don't like religion in any form, I feel it's a smokescreen to ensure poor people stay in their place(or at least that was it's intended purpose of years ago).

9. I'm all good.

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
1. As described in the Bible? No. 2. As described in the Bible? No. 3. No. 4. What do you mean look down? As in, see their position as intellectually naïve? Sure. As in, see them, generally, as less intelligent, knuckle dragging bigots? No. 5. To broad a question. Too many religions for me to really answer properly and succinctly. I could write a book about my opinions on religions. 6. Considering I am Canadian, no. However, I am economically conservative. 7. Lol, no. 8. No. God's a dick and Jesus' "teachings" run highly contrary to how I would like to live my life. 9. Uh... Hail Joe Pesci?!
Jazz_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Jazz_Fan
Member since 2008 • 29516 Posts

Nope

Yes

Nope

I look down on everyone

Yes

Never voted

Uh, floods have happened in the past if that's what you're asking

That would be sufficent, yes

OP's a f*ggot

brucewayne69

Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

1.No

2.No

3. No

4. Yes if they try to argue with me.

5. Yes

6. I always vote Republian because i prefer the government spends less money.

7. Nope

8. Never gonna happen so no

9. Nope.

ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts

No.

I'm not sure.

I'm not sure.

Only the ones who want to shove their theism down throats of others.

Definitely.

Nope.

No.

I would only do so if I were threatened with eternal damnation, lesser torture, or death.

brucewayne69

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 FelipeInside
Something that STILL confuses me about Atheists. Can I ask someone to clarify please? Do you not believe in GOD, as in the Religious Gods or do you not also believe in a CREATOR? Which could be just Aliens that deposited DNA on our planet.
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]Something that STILL confuses me about Atheists. Can I ask someone to clarify please? Do you not believe in GOD, as in the Religious Gods or do you not also believe in a CREATOR? Which could be just Aliens that deposited DNA on our planet.

I have no reason to believe in any creator or god.
ninjastar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ninjastar

Something that STILL confuses me about Atheists. Can I ask someone to clarify please? Do you not believe in GOD, as in the Religious Gods or do you not also believe in a CREATOR? Which could be just Aliens that deposited DNA on our planet.FelipeInside

I don't believe in any of that, although I do believe there is life on other planets.

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Zeviander
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]Something that STILL confuses me about Atheists. Can I ask someone to clarify please? Do you not believe in GOD, as in the Religious Gods or do you not also believe in a CREATOR? Which could be just Aliens that deposited DNA on our planet.

This would imply evidence of extraterrestrial intervention existed. Organic material has been observed coming about naturally in a laboratory. There is no reason to assume that life on Earth's origin was directed or forwarded by an intelligence. To me, it reeks of an inability to let go of the idea that "sky daddy" needs to make it happen and we are not just merely the result of chemical reactions occurring spontaneously in an environment favoring their occurence. Instead of supernatural sky daddy, it's natural, but just as unobjective sky daddy.
JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#35 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

Is the simple process of chemical reactions not good enough of a reason for our existence? We've seen plenty of evidence where scientists recreate weather systems such as thunderstorms and rain which ends up creating amino acids(the building blocks of life). Scientists have also created life artificially, it's not a terribly bad thing to believe that we happened unintentionally through the formation of earth.
brucewayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 brucewayne69

[QUOTE="brucewayne69"]

Nope

Yes

Nope

I look down on everyone

Yes

Never voted

Uh, floods have happened in the past if that's what you're asking

That would be sufficent, yes

OP's a f*ggot

Jazz_Fan

Number 9. Why?
dagreenfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 dagreenfish
Member since 2010 • 1818 Posts

I believe I neither. But of course, I can't speak for others.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 FelipeInside
I understand the process of chemical reactions, but why do some (keyword: some) find the notion of a creator/s so hard? Let me put it from my point of view. Humans are a pretty advanced race on this planet, but in relation to the Universe we probably are near the bottom of the table. Anyway, our race, simple as it may be, can reproduce and CREATE. (JohnF111 said we have even create artificial life) So why wouldn't a HIGHER being/entity/form/energy be able to create more advanced things, like Planets, Solar Systems, Universes, Races of Creatures....? Let me clarify, not saying Atheists are wrong and I'm right.
Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Tylendal
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]I understand the process of chemical reactions, but why do some (keyword: some) find the notion of a creator/s so hard? Let me put it from my point of view. Humans are a pretty advanced race on this planet, but in relation to the Universe we probably are near the bottom of the table. Anyway, our race, simple as it may be, can reproduce and CREATE. (JohnF111 said we have even create artificial life) So why wouldn't a HIGHER being/entity/form/energy be able to create more advanced things, like Planets, Solar Systems, Universes, Races of Creatures....? Let me clarify, not saying Atheists are wrong and I'm right.

You're making assumptions.
Avatar image for Chow_Mein_Kampf
Chow_Mein_Kampf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Chow_Mein_Kampf
Member since 2012 • 6203 Posts

brucewayne69

1: No..............

2: No..............

3: Moses? no.............

4: I don't (Or not as much as I used to).........

5: Depends if their practices harm others.............

6: Hell no....................

7: As described in the bible? No.......

8: No.............Too proud..............

9:If I had a cat, I'd name him Satan...........

ninjastar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ninjastar

[QUOTE="brucewayne69"]

Chow_Mein_Kampf

9:If I had a cat, I'd name him Satan...........

Good answers. :P

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="Tylendal"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"]I understand the process of chemical reactions, but why do some (keyword: some) find the notion of a creator/s so hard? Let me put it from my point of view. Humans are a pretty advanced race on this planet, but in relation to the Universe we probably are near the bottom of the table. Anyway, our race, simple as it may be, can reproduce and CREATE. (JohnF111 said we have even create artificial life) So why wouldn't a HIGHER being/entity/form/energy be able to create more advanced things, like Planets, Solar Systems, Universes, Races of Creatures....? Let me clarify, not saying Atheists are wrong and I'm right.

Just like someone that says there is no creator makes assumptions? then yes. I am basing my belief in common sense: - There are hundreds of different creatures on just this planet. - All of these creatures can create life and other things. - If there are hundreds on this planet, I'm positive there are more in the Universe. - Why wouldn't these other creatures be able to create like the ones on this Planet? and why wouldn't they be more or less advanced in creating?
Avatar image for Chow_Mein_Kampf
Chow_Mein_Kampf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Chow_Mein_Kampf
Member since 2012 • 6203 Posts

[QUOTE="Chow_Mein_Kampf"]

[QUOTE="brucewayne69"]

ninjastar

9: If I had a cat, I'd name him Satan...........

Good answers. :P

Sweet!

:D

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Zeviander
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]I understand the process of chemical reactions, but why do some (keyword: some) find the notion of a creator/s so hard? Let me put it from my point of view. Humans are a pretty advanced race on this planet, but in relation to the Universe we probably are near the bottom of the table. Anyway, our race, simple as it may be, can reproduce and CREATE. (JohnF111 said we have even create artificial life) So why wouldn't a HIGHER being/entity/form/energy be able to create more advanced things, like Planets, Solar Systems, Universes, Races of Creatures....? Let me clarify, not saying Atheists are wrong and I'm right.

The evidence we have points to there being nothing beyond a few chance chemical reactions taking place and starting the proverbial ball rolling. Why can you not let go if the idea of something greater than biological life bring unique to Earth (a definite possibility, but given the vastness of the universe, highly improbable)? Why make assumptions? What is it about spontaneous, undirected formation that troubles you?
Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Tylendal
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Tylendal"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"]I understand the process of chemical reactions, but why do some (keyword: some) find the notion of a creator/s so hard? Let me put it from my point of view. Humans are a pretty advanced race on this planet, but in relation to the Universe we probably are near the bottom of the table. Anyway, our race, simple as it may be, can reproduce and CREATE. (JohnF111 said we have even create artificial life) So why wouldn't a HIGHER being/entity/form/energy be able to create more advanced things, like Planets, Solar Systems, Universes, Races of Creatures....? Let me clarify, not saying Atheists are wrong and I'm right.

Just like someone that says there is no creator makes assumptions? then yes. I am basing my belief in common sense: - There are hundreds of different creatures on just this planet. - All of these creatures can create life and other things. - If there are hundreds on this planet, I'm positive there are more in the Universe. - Why wouldn't these other creatures be able to create like the ones on this Planet? and why wouldn't they be more or less advanced in creating?

There's a huge difference between assuming a negative and assuming a positive.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="Zeviander"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"]I understand the process of chemical reactions, but why do some (keyword: some) find the notion of a creator/s so hard? Let me put it from my point of view. Humans are a pretty advanced race on this planet, but in relation to the Universe we probably are near the bottom of the table. Anyway, our race, simple as it may be, can reproduce and CREATE. (JohnF111 said we have even create artificial life) So why wouldn't a HIGHER being/entity/form/energy be able to create more advanced things, like Planets, Solar Systems, Universes, Races of Creatures....? Let me clarify, not saying Atheists are wrong and I'm right.

The evidence we have points to there being nothing beyond a few chance chemical reactions taking place and starting the proverbial ball rolling. Why can you not let go if the idea of something greater than biological life bring unique to Earth (a definite possibility, but given the vastness of the universe, highly improbable)? Why make assumptions? What is it about spontaneous, undirected formation that troubles you?

The evidence we have is like a 0.000000000000001% of the truth out there. Please don't tell me you just look at the evidence and then disregard everything else? Are you that close minded? I may believe in a Creator, but I am open to every point of view and theory out there. And nothing troubles me about spontaneous, undirected formation. That may well be the case on how things are created. Who created the formation or formula then?
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="Tylendal"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Tylendal"] You're making assumptions.

There's a huge difference between assuming a negative and assuming a positive.

No there isn't, they are just theories.
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Zeviander
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]The evidence we have is like a 0.000000000000001% of the truth out there. Please don't tell me you just look at the evidence and then disregard everything else? Are you that close minded? I may believe in a Creator, but I am open to every point of view and theory out there. And nothing troubles me about spontaneous, undirected formation. That may well be the case on how things are created. Who created the formation or formula then?

I'm close-minded because I refuse to entertain specious assumptions on the basis that they are naïvely optimistic? I accept the evidence we have and recognize it is not sufficient to explain everything. If science were to find all the answers, it will have failed, as it's very existence relies on asking questions. Accepting our limited knowledge and assuming an agnostic stance towards what we do not understand is the limit of science and the rational, reasoning mind. Going further, and making assumptions based on nothing but blind optimism is the realm of faith and the supernatural. You are obviously troubled by undirected, spontaneous formation, or you wouldn't be so adamant in putting forth a hypothesis regarding our origin as something more than what the evidence indicates.
Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts

1. No
2. Don't know
3. No
4. Pity
5. Yes
6. No
7. Absolutely not
8. If there could be sufficient evidence, my beliefs could be swayed. My belief in reality isn't based on what is convenient for me to believe in, but what is evidently true.That said, if it 'were' true as the bible says, I'd still, though believe in it, not convert. I don't see how it can be "good" to become the eternal slave of a jealous god who requires me to pray to them. And anything for an eternity, could never be heaven.

9. I don't know what could be considered "sufficient evidence", for a religion/deity. Any technology sufficiently advanced may appear divine to those unfamiliar with it, so I'd likely remain a skeptic 'til it was too late, and get sent to hell (which makes no sense, why would a "benevolent" God send someone to hell for being objective, but slow to accept massive changes in their perception of reality?)