Atheist questionnaire

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#151 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="sandbox3d"]We should all just sit around and hope the facts magically appear in our lap.Zeviander
That's totally what I said. Herp dee derr.

I'm not so sure the vocabulary we used is of the right calibre for the crowd then

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#152 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
reading comprehension.FelipeInside
Sums up this argument if it were taking place in crazy land In all seriousness though what is up with people just reading the words of a post and not attempting to understand the implications. It's like they see the words and recognize the meanings but don't reconcile those words with the other words or apply any empathy to the conversation.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#153 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]"my intention was never for him to think we are right and he is wrong,"

Stop proving our point if ur not willing to accept it.Zeviander
Now I can be almost 100% certain you are a troll. Devolving to txt language pretty much seals it.

Like ur almost 100% certain that Science has all the answers and if not, you'll just sit and wait for them instead of thinking for urself?

I'm not troll, lots of others posters can confirm that. TXT Language was to prove that ur are still using the words RIGHT and WRONG because u think that's my intention, when I have said several times now it isn't.

I give up. U have resorted to insults and name calling because u are defensive. Come back when you want to try to understand what we are trying to explain.

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
You're not willing to look or think beyond what you've been told, so yes pretty much.sandbox3d
Lord, you're an idiot. I accept the scientific explanation because I can see all the data and experiments right in front of me. I am not a professional scientist, so I can only go on what science has provided. If I decided to get a B.S./M.S./D.S., and pursue a career in research, then I could most certainly come up with my own ideas and have the means to test them. So are you also telling me I should pull things from my ass and put them in the same league as objectively verified explanations? Because I certainly am capable of doing that, I just choose not to.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="sandbox3d"]You're not willing to look or think beyond what you've been told, so yes pretty much.Zeviander
Lord, you're an idiot. I accept the scientific explanation because I can see all the data and experiments right in front of me. I am not a professional scientist, so I can only go on what science has provided. If I decided to get a B.S./M.S./D.S., and pursue a career in research, then I could most certainly come up with my own ideas and have the means to test them. So are you also telling me I should pull things from my ass and put them in the same league as objectively verified explanations? Because I certainly am capable of doing that, I just choose not to.

No No NOOOOOOOOOO. Why can't u understand something so simple? "So are you also telling me I should pull things from my ass and put them in the same league as objectively verified explanations?" NO, we are not saying that. We are saying come up with ur own theories to which Science has no explanation to. What is so wrong with that? "I accept the scientific explanation because I can see all the data and experiments right in front of me. " And that's FINE, no one is telling u not to. We are just talking about the stuff that scientific explanation DOESN'T have the data and experiments of.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

Like ur almost 100% certain that Science has all the answers and if not, you'll just sit and wait for them instead of thinking for urself?

I'm not troll, lots of others posters can confirm that. TXT Language was to prove that ur are still using the words RIGHT and WRONG because u think that's my intention, when I have said several times now it isn't.

I give up. U have resorted to insults and name calling because u are defensive. Come back when you want to try to understand what we are trying to explain.

Slashless

u r fgt

I do not respond to bare insults. Contribute to the conversation or don't speak.
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Zeviander
Come back when you want to try to understand what we are trying to explain.FelipeInside
I'm sorry, I don't want my IQ to drop 50 points, thanks.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]Come back when you want to try to understand what we are trying to explain.Zeviander

I'll let you go, we were trying to help and u have just resorted to plain insults now. Next time try to stay respectful with people with different points of view, or else you will never get respect urself.
Slashless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#160 Slashless
Member since 2011 • 9534 Posts

I do not respond to bare insults. FelipeInside

>I don't respond

>responds

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] I do not respond to bare insults. Slashless

>I don't respond

>responds

Again, do u have anything to contribute?
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 wis3boi

[QUOTE="Zeviander"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"]Come back when you want to try to understand what we are trying to explain.FelipeInside

I'll let you go, we were trying to help and u have just resorted to plain insults now. Next time try to stay respectful with people with different points of view, or else you will never get respect urself.

That's funny...

Slashless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Slashless

Again, do u have anything to contribute?FelipeInside

Mr.Ranger I have a question.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Ace6301

[QUOTE="Zeviander"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"]"my intention was never for him to think we are right and he is wrong,"

Stop proving our point if ur not willing to accept it.FelipeInside

Now I can be almost 100% certain you are a troll. Devolving to txt language pretty much seals it.

Look at this. What does thinking for yourself and then extrapolating those ideas without any backing achieve in terms of answers? Any answer you come across are only going to be true for your own transient self. All you're doing is making things up with no evidence. I have some ideas that are absolutely insane, completely irrational with almost no chance at being true and I would never, never pass those off as anything that could compete with evidence. Science doesn't have all the answers but given infinite time, it will by it's very nature. Your own transient mind is so much smaller in scope and capability of understanding than the entire combined power of humanity. Science doesn't sit and wait and as such anyone who puts stock in it will never be sitting waiting and not thinking for themselves because that sort of behavior is counter-intuitive to the advancement of science.

You're trying to say that someone who puts stock in science is closed minded which by the very nature of how science works is an oxymoron.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Zeviander"]

That's funny...

wis3boi
What part?

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] Again, do u have anything to contribute?Slashless

Mr.Ranger I have a question.

Go troll somewhere else, we were having a nice conversation but had to ruin it. It's understandable this conversation may go above ur head, and that u need to resort to empty insults to be part of it, but trust me.... contributing something worthwhile reading is so much better.
Slashless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Slashless

Go troll somewhere else, we were having a nice conversation but had to ruin it. It's understandable this conversation may go above ur head, and that u need to resort to empty insults to be part of it, but trust me.... contributing something worthwhile reading is so much better.FelipeInside

But you're a ranger.

Here to help Gamespot users for any forum related queries.

Please oblige by your duties.

So can I ask you a question.

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Zeviander
Next time try to stay respectful with people with different points of view, or else you will never get respect urself.FelipeInside
Why would I care if I got your respect? I respect your right to hold whatever point of view you want. I've already said that isn't the same as respecting the point of view.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 wis3boi

What part? FelipeInside

your entire argument in this thread.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

[QUOTE="Zeviander"] Now I can be almost 100% certain you are a troll. Devolving to txt language pretty much seals it.Ace6301

Look at this. What does thinking for yourself achieve in terms of Answers? Any answer you come across are only going to be true for your own transient self. All you're doing is making things up with no evidence. I have some ideas that are absolutely insane, completely irrational with almost no chance at being true and I would never, never pass those off as anything that could compete with evidence. Science doesn't have all the answers but given infinite time, it will by it's very nature. Your own transient mind is so much smaller in scope and capability of understanding than the entire combined power of humanity. Science doesn't sit and wait and as such anyone who puts stock in it will never be sitting waiting and not thinking for themselves because that sort of behavior is counter-intuitive to the advancement of science.

Like I never have.

It won't. The Human Race will be extinct before Science knows 100% everything about the Universe and beyond.

Yes, and what's wrong with talking about these theories? My point has ALWAYS been that I never put these theories on the same level as science, just theories about things science can't explain or doesn't have the evidence. Nothing wrong with thinking about them.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]Go troll somewhere else, we were having a nice conversation but had to ruin it. It's understandable this conversation may go above ur head, and that u need to resort to empty insults to be part of it, but trust me.... contributing something worthwhile reading is so much better.Slashless

But you're a ranger.

Here to help Gamespot users for any forum related queries.

Please oblige by your duties.

So can I ask you a question.

What do you need fellow Gamespotter !!! Ranger is here to help :)
Slashless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Slashless

What do you need fellow Gamespotter !!! Ranger is here to help :)FelipeInside

Where do babies come from.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] Why would I care if I got your respect? I respect your right to hold whatever point of view you want. I've already said that isn't the same as respecting the point of view.Zeviander
I don't want you to respect my point of view, I just wanted a personal theory from you and u never gave me one.

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] What part? wis3boi

your entire argument in this thread.

Of course, cause it's a NON-scientific argument therefore it's funny.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] What do you need fellow Gamespotter !!! Ranger is here to help :)Slashless

Where do babies come from.

Human babies? From Female Humans with the help of Male Sperm. Now remember, I might be a Ranger but I don't have ALL the answers, although I'll do my best to answer them.
Slashless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Slashless

Human babies? From Female Humans with the help of Male Sperm. Now remember, I might be a Ranger but I don't have ALL the answers, although I'll do my best to answer them.FelipeInside

cool

krazykillaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 krazykillaz
Member since 2002 • 21141 Posts
[QUOTE="Zeviander"][QUOTE="sandbox3d"]You're not willing to look or think beyond what you've been told, so yes pretty much.FelipeInside

No No NOOOOOOOOOO. Why can't u understand something so simple? "So are you also telling me I should pull things from my ass and put them in the same league as objectively verified explanations?" NO, we are not saying that. We are saying come up with ur own theories to which Science has no explanation to. What is so wrong with that? "I accept the scientific explanation because I can see all the data and experiments right in front of me. " And that's FINE, no one is telling u not to. We are just talking about the stuff that scientific explanation DOESN'T have the data and experiments of.

So you're saying make stuff up. Is he supposed to go out and test those hypotheses or should he just be happy with whatever they are? In the post you're quoting, he already said that if he were to pursue a career in research, he could test them.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 wis3boi

Yes, and what's wrong with talking about these theories? My point has ALWAYS been that I never put these theories on the same level as science, just theories about things science can't explain or doesn't have the evidence. Nothing wrong with thinking about them.

FelipeInside

We are saying that talking about them is 100% useless. Whatever you come up with has no bearing on reality or anyone else but yourself. The way you word your sentences and arguments points that we should respect your ideas and not criticize them. You are welcome to believe whatever you wish, and I have every right to call those believes illogical and baseless.

Why bring them up at all if you have no reason or evidence to believe them? I can have a dream or vision that jesus appeared to be, and so can you. If you said you had one of these visions, I have no real reason to question you did have one...but it doesn't do anything to make me think it's real or believe in your position. It's just heresay and random thoughts that only apply to the person claiming them. That makes it an empty useless statement.

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Zeviander
I just wanted a personal theory from you and u never gave me one. FelipeInside
And I wanted an example of science being wrong. But we don't always get what we want.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 wis3boi

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]I just wanted a personal theory from you and u never gave me one. Zeviander
And I wanted an example of science being wrong. But we don't always get what we want.

Someone caught this act on film! :O

MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts

This isn't intended to start an arguement between theists and atheists. I just want to know, from atheists, what their thoughts are on certain things.

1. Do you think the Ark of the Covenant ever existed, regardless of whether or not it had powers? No

2. Do you think Jesus ever existed? Yes, and he was a great man

3. Do you think a Moses ever existed? I mean, the exodus happened, but whether or not they were led by Moses is up for date. kinda

4. Do you look down on theists? Kinda, most of them mean well

5. Do you disagree with organized religion? Yes

6. Have you ever voted Republican? Hell no

7. Did "Noah's Flood" ever happen? Global, regional, local scale whatever. Can't say

8. Would you became a Christian in the event of the second coming of Jesus? Or Jewish if a new messiah (proven) would come? No, too proud. Its alread too late, I rather stick to my beliefs then use Jesus to be "saved"

9. Anything you would like to add. I like food?

brucewayne69

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Ace6301

[QUOTE="Ace6301"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

Like ur almost 100% certain that Science has all the answers and if not, you'll just sit and wait for them instead of thinking for urself?FelipeInside

Look at this. What does thinking for yourself achieve in terms of Answers? Any answer you come across are only going to be true for your own transient self. All you're doing is making things up with no evidence. I have some ideas that are absolutely insane, completely irrational with almost no chance at being true and I would never, never pass those off as anything that could compete with evidence. Science doesn't have all the answers but given infinite time, it will by it's very nature. Your own transient mind is so much smaller in scope and capability of understanding than the entire combined power of humanity. Science doesn't sit and wait and as such anyone who puts stock in it will never be sitting waiting and not thinking for themselves because that sort of behavior is counter-intuitive to the advancement of science.

Like I never have.

It won't. The Human Race will be extinct before Science knows 100% everything about the Universe and beyond.

Then why argue that a stance based purely from science is closed minded? If using the evidence is still superior to you then what's wrong with sticking to what the evidence shows? An assumption

Why are you so hostile about theories you can't, or won't, explain? No one here is saying irrational theories should not be thought by anyone and no one here is saying such arguments are useless. You are however arguing with someone who said science and irrational theories are not on the same level.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

wis3boi

We are saying that talking about them is 100% useless. Whatever you come up with has no bearing on reality or anyone else but yourself. The way you word your sentences and arguments points that we should respect your ideas and not criticize them. You are welcome to believe whatever you wish, and I have every right to call those believes illogical and baseless.

Why bring them up at all if you have no reason or evidence to believe them? I can have a dream or vision that jesus appeared to be, and so can you. If you said you had one of these visions, I have no real reason to question you did have one...but it doesn't do anything to make me think it's real or believe in your position. It's just heresay and random thoughts that only apply to the person claiming them. That makes it an empty useless statement.

But wheres the fun in that? What's the point of discussing a scientific theory if it's been tested and proven 100%. There is nothing to talk about, it's fact. Discussing and coming up with theories about things that science CAN'T explain, well....that to me is endless fun and debates, but to you it's pointless. Sorry if I word my sentences in that way, it isn't my intention. I am open to theories from every corner, I love to learn about them.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 wis3boi

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

FelipeInside

But wheres the fun in that? What's the point of discussing a scientific theory if it's been tested and proven 100%. There is nothing to talk about, it's fact. Discussing and coming up with theories about things that science CAN'T explain, well....that to me is endless fun and debates, but to you it's pointless. Sorry if I word my sentences in that way, it isn't my intention. I am open to theories from every corner, I love to learn about them.

like the comic I posted earlier, we look at the world and draw conclusions based on the facts we uncover and we want them to be proven false if possible in order to gain better knowledge.

I want, in my life, to know as many true things as possible and as few false things as possible. Starting with the conclusion and looking for facts to support the conclusion is a horrible way to look for the truth. I don't care what's "fun", I care what is real. Noah's Ark is 'fun' to some people, to reality, it's theistic fan fiction.

Listening to many many many hours of lectures by philosophers and physicists has given me an unmeasurable amount of fascination and wodner to the world I live in that random assumptions I can make up will never get me. Reality is amazing in itself and the scientific process of constantly trying to prove yourself wrong to uncover greater truths is more fun to me.

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Zeviander
What's the point of discussing a scientific theory if it's been tested and proven 100%. FelipeInside
That's the thing, nothing in science is 100%. It's why we continue to talk about evolution and other theories, because they can be constantly improved. Making absurd sh!t up isn't science. P.S. When has science been wrong?
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="wis3boi"]

wis3boi

like the comic I posted earlier, we look at the world and draw conclusions based on the facts we uncover and we want them to be proven false if possible in order to gain better knowledge.

I want, in my life, to know as many true things as possible and as few false things as possible. Starting with the conclusion and looking for facts to support the conclusion is a horrible way to look for the truth. I don't care what's "fun", I care what is real. Noah's Ark is 'fun' to some people, to reality, it's theistic fan fiction

That's good, and I respect that you want to know as much as possible, and as few false things as possible. Now, for what you DON'T know, and never will. Don't you even think about those things?
GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

This isn't intended to start an arguement between theists and atheists. I just want to know, from atheists, what their thoughts are on certain things.

1. Do you think the Ark of the Covenant ever existed, regardless of whether or not it had powers?

no

2. Do you think Jesus ever existed?

no

3. Do you think a Moses ever existed? I mean, the exodus happened, but whether or not they were led by Moses is up for date.

no

4. Do you look down on theists?

no

5. Do you disagree with organized religion?

no

6. Have you ever voted Republican?

yes

7. Did "Noah's Flood" ever happen? Global, regional, local scale whatever.

no

8. Would you became a Christian in the event of the second coming of Jesus? Or Jewish if a new messiah (proven) would come?

no

9. Anything you would like to add.

no

brucewayne69

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]What's the point of discussing a scientific theory if it's been tested and proven 100%. Zeviander
That's the thing, nothing in science is 100%. It's why we continue to talk about evolution and other theories, because they can be constantly improved. Making absurd sh!t up isn't science. P.S. When has science been wrong?

http://science.discovery.com/top-ten/2009/science-mistakes/science-mistakes.html Google is full of those articles, but like I said countless times before, u are concentrating on the wrong thing. I DON'T CARE IF SCIENCE HAS BEEN WRONG OR NOT.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Ace6301
[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] But wheres the fun in that? What's the point of discussing a scientific theory if it's been tested and proven 100%. There is nothing to talk about, it's fact. Discussing and coming up with theories about things that science CAN'T explain, well....that to me is endless fun and debates, but to you it's pointless. Sorry if I word my sentences in that way, it isn't my intention. I am open to theories from every corner, I love to learn about them.FelipeInside

I want, in my life, to know as many true things as possible and as few false things as possible. Starting with the conclusion and looking for facts to support the conclusion is a horrible way to look for the truth. I don't care what's "fun", I care what is real. Noah's Ark is 'fun' to some people, to reality, it's theistic fan fiction

That's good, and I respect that you want to know as much as possible, and as few false things as possible. Now, for what you DON'T know, and never will. Don't you even think about those things?

Everyone does. But guess what: They're useless. They have zero grounding on reality. Imagination is only good for entertainment, I know that very well.
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Zeviander
Now, for what you DON'T know, and never will. Don't you even think about those things?FelipeInside
I'll answer this because I don't think I have yet. No, I don't think about those things, because I would be wasting what precious little time I have here on Earth worrying about something I can never know. P.P.S. When has science been wrong?
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 wis3boi

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] But wheres the fun in that? What's the point of discussing a scientific theory if it's been tested and proven 100%. There is nothing to talk about, it's fact. Discussing and coming up with theories about things that science CAN'T explain, well....that to me is endless fun and debates, but to you it's pointless. Sorry if I word my sentences in that way, it isn't my intention. I am open to theories from every corner, I love to learn about them.FelipeInside

Do I think about them? For a few moments possibly, but they have no bearing on anything until real testable and observable science has a say on it. Example: What caused/came before the big bang is such a mindfvck for science (because the laws of physics don't apply before it occured) that I'd rather listen to theoretical physicists and their lectures than pull stuff out of my ass. They are the one who have the right to provide serious hyptheses (that can be tested)

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="wis3boi"]

Ace6301

Everyone does. But guess what: They're useless. They have zero grounding on reality. Imagination is only good for entertainment, I know that very well.

Useless in what way? Of course they won't prove anything, but they stimulate the mind and open ur understanding of things. What's wrong with that?
GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

[QUOTE="Zeviander"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"]What's the point of discussing a scientific theory if it's been tested and proven 100%. FelipeInside

http://science.discovery.com/top-ten/2009/science-mistakes/science-mistakes.html Google is full of those articles, but like I said countless times before, u are concentrating on the wrong thing. I DON'T CARE IF SCIENCE HAS BEEN WRONG OR NOT.

That article is mostly proof as science disproving stupid ideas.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]Now, for what you DON'T know, and never will. Don't you even think about those things?Zeviander
I'll answer this because I don't think I have yet. No, I don't think about those things, because I would be wasting what precious little time I have here on Earth worrying about something I can never know. P.P.S. When has science been wrong?

And that's why I said ur were close-minded, u finally see my point without taking it as an insult? It's not wasting precious time to think outside the box either. I already responded to ur PS before btw.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Ace6301
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Ace6301"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] That's good, and I respect that you want to know as much as possible, and as few false things as possible. Now, for what you DON'T know, and never will. Don't you even think about those things?

Useless in what way? Of course they won't prove anything, but they stimulate the mind and open ur understanding of things. What's wrong with that?

Answer me what use they have? Assumptions do not open your understanding. Assumptions lead to closed mindedness by the very nature of how human minds work. You're close minded about these things because you've fooled yourself into thinking you're open minded. It's a very similar mentality to the way people perceive freedom. A man who thinks he is free, isn't.
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Zeviander
http://science.discovery.com/top-ten/2009/science-mistakes/science-mistakes.html Google is full of those articles, but like I said countless times before, u are concentrating on the wrong thing. I DON'T CARE IF SCIENCE HAS BEEN WRONG OR NOT.FelipeInside
I said wrong, not somewhat misguided or misinformed. Alchemy was a hypothesis that was tested and proven flawed. This is merely one step on the road of science. Without the flawed hypothesis of alchemy, we wouldn't have developed chemistry. The other examples are exactly the same. I want an example of science being WRONG. Like evolution being proven entirely incorrect because goddidit or whatever. There is no instance of science being "wrong" because it adapts to any new piece of evidence that comes forth, and doesn't make an absolute claim regarding truth. This was my point all along, and I just needed you to let me prove my point.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 wis3boi

[QUOTE="Ace6301"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] That's good, and I respect that you want to know as much as possible, and as few false things as possible. Now, for what you DON'T know, and never will. Don't you even think about those things?FelipeInside

they cannot be applied in any way.

They stimulate the mind like JK Rowling stimulated hers in writing Harry Potter. It's art-like creativity, not something you can apply to life's major questions and science. Have an awesome idea about alien civilizations? Cool, write a sci-fi book, don't compare it to actual scientific theory

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Zeviander
It's not wasting precious time to think outside the box either.FelipeInside
It totally is. "Outside the box" is string theory. What you are attempting to posit here is akin to Genesis in the Bible being considered as the factual origin of the Earth. You have no basis for your "intelligent creator" "theory" outside your own hopeful speculation.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Ace6301
Also the very idea of a person preaching being open minded arguing with people for several pages and complaining about how they don't understand things their way is hilarious.
tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#199 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts
1. No.... 2. I believe a human named Jesus probably existed in that timeline. There's was nothing exceptional about him though... 3. A guy named Moses exist, but I think the story was over-exaggerated.... 4. Nope... 5. Yep... 6. Nope. This is only my second election voting mind you.... 7. Nope. If a flooding happened, it was a small flooding in a small area that story got overly exaggerated over time.... 8. No. I'd accept there's a God, but refuse to be a Christian or any of its affiliates. I'd rather cease to exist than become one...
tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#200 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

[QUOTE="ninjastar"]

[QUOTE="cheese_game619"] but it wouldnt be too late god forgives and all that jazzcheese_game619

Well I guess I just wouldn't care enough to change then.

you wouldnt care about spending eternity in suffering because you were proven wrong as an atheist, proven being a key word there. that makes no sense you wouldnt even have to do much to qualify as a christian

Unless free will/human emotions were completely stripped away from everyone, I strongly disagree that anyone can get into heaven. However, that means the situation would be equivalent to inhaling Jokers nerve gas where you really have no choice but to laugh while in heaven you have no other choice but to act happy. And I really don't like the idea of artificial happiness considering how much I hate the idea of worshiping some God. To be force to like seems like BS to me...