Are you pro-life or pro-choice?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

notsoawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 notsoawesome
Member since 2011 • 629 Posts

Pro-choice

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

Pro-choice. I hate kids.

grape_of_wrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 grape_of_wrath
Member since 2009 • 3756 Posts
Pro-choice. ^Longest reply this thread should have besides 'Pro-life'. Not really an issue someone could seriously debate about, It all boils down to an individual perspective regarding it as "okay" or "horrible".
angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts
Anti-social conservatism Yay abortions, yay gay marriage, yay euthanasia, yay no-capital punishment, yay using our critical faculties and having a bit of humility.
jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 jimmyjammer69
Member since 2008 • 12239 Posts
Anti-choice predominantly. Anti-life too, in some cases.
pero2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 pero2008
Member since 2005 • 2969 Posts

pro-choice

MajorSport

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 MajorSport
Member since 2004 • 2148 Posts
Generally pro-life except for certain "extreme" situations that call for abortion (such as pregnancy threatening the health of the mother).
hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#58 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts
There's a topic of this few month ago....... .......... btw I'm Pro Life for human..... carnivour for animals
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

Pro choice.

If someone wants an abortion then they can have one, if you don't want an abortion then don't have one.

Pro-life people are forcing their opinions on other people while pro-choice gives peoplea choice. I have no idea why people would be pro-life.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 hippiesanta

Pro choice.

If someone wants an abortion then they can have one, if you don't want an abortion then don't have one.

Pro-life people are forcing their opinions on other people while pro-choice gives peoplea choice. I have no idea why people would be pro-life.

toast_burner
do you think it would be different if your parents are pro-choice before you are not even born yet?
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

Pro choice.

hippiesanta

do you think it would be different if your parents are pro-choice before you are not even born yet?

I wasn't alive so it couldn't of affected me. Besides my parents are pro-choice

Avatar image for invisibletearsx
invisibletearsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 invisibletearsx
Member since 2009 • 997 Posts

Pro-choice.

Just-Breathe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Just-Breathe
Member since 2011 • 3130 Posts
I can see the arguments for both sides but I am leaning more towards the "pro-choice" side myself.
hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 hippiesanta

[QUOTE="hippiesanta"][QUOTE="toast_burner"]

Pro choice.

toast_burner

I wasn't alive so it couldn't of affected me. Besides my parents are pro-choice

lol... you are cool
Planet_Pluto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Planet_Pluto
Member since 2011 • 2235 Posts

I'm 35 years young and I still haven't come to a conclusion as to whether or not abortion should be legal (excluding certain extreme situations, of course).Pregnancy, labor, delivery. These are not things to be taken lightly, especially when it comes to dictating what people MUST do.

That being said, from a moral aspect I find it reprehensible. I hear people use terminology to dodge the real issue, or what an abortion really is.

People like to say it's not killing, because "it" is just a parasite. Yet I never hear of any parasites being 'aborted.'

I hear people say that "it" is not a person yet, but nobody seems to come up with a line in the sand where "it" becomes a person. (Especially considering that with each passing year, technology allows babies that are born more and more prematurely to live normal, healthy lives).

People yell and scream about "choice," yet totally disregard that the unborn have no "choice."

I hear people say "it" can't live on it's own. Well, even after a child is born "it" can't live on it's own for years.

With the exception of rape, becoming pregnant is something that is completely avoidable. If one follows the premise that a person is a person from the moment those cells start dividing (keep in mind the heart begins to beat after +/- 20 days), then we are allowing a person to be terminated in exchange for an irresponsible couple's "good time." Hardly seems fair to me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cacc9e03b460
deactivated-5cacc9e03b460

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#66 deactivated-5cacc9e03b460
Member since 2005 • 6976 Posts

Anti abortion.

MissLibrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 MissLibrarian
Member since 2008 • 9589 Posts

I am pro-choice.

yellerbelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 yellerbelly
Member since 2008 • 1008 Posts

[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"] Adoption /threadXilePrincess

Not end thread. It's obvious you have no idea how emotionally taxing a pregnancy is, even for a mother who planned the pregnancy and wants the baby. Do you even have any clue how horrible it would be to carry for nine whole months and then birth a child that is half the person who raped you? Who violated you, who likely physically restrained you or drugged you and forced you to endure potentially the worst, most horrific event of your life?

It's not like a scab that you can pick off and throw out that requires no care. She must take care of that baby through those nine months. She has to take prenatal vitamins, go to doctor's appointments, get ultrasounds, everything, to ensure the child she does not want is alright. She has to properly care for a rapist's child for nine months, and through every appointment she will probably sit and relive the day she was raped.

How the **** anyone can actually say "Oh, yeah you should just have the baby and then adopt it away, that's the "easy" way out, abortion iz sew wrong" is beyond me. That's the easy way out for everyone BUT the person whose' life is actually impacted by the pregnancy and the rape. That's like asking a rape victim to please re-live her rape for two hundred and eighty consecutive days, THEN go through childbirth and live the rest of her life knowing that if she is ever contacted by her child she may turn them away because of the fact that they were not just an accident, they were the product of an act of violence and violation.

It really shows that you're not female, nor have you ever known anyone who has been raped, because you seem to lack even the smallest amount of compassion for people who don't want to live the worst day of their lives over and over again just so somebody else can be happy with their decision. Somebody it likely does not involve or effect whatsoever, such as yourself.

*applauds* Pro choice here, for what it matters.
lowkey254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#69 lowkey254
Member since 2004 • 6031 Posts

I'm pro-life. Take responsibility for your actions, don't murder an innocent because you can't handle it. I'm only pro-choice for incest, rape, and health reasons.

lowkey254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#70 lowkey254
Member since 2004 • 6031 Posts

I'm 35 years young and I still haven't come to a conclusion as to whether or not abortion should be legal (excluding certain extreme situations, of course).Pregnancy, labor, delivery. These are not things to be taken lightly, especially when it comes to dictating what people MUST do.

That being said, from a moral aspect I find it reprehensible. I hear people use terminology to dodge the real issue, or what an abortion really is.

People like to say it's not killing, because "it" is just a parasite. Yet I never hear of any parasites being 'aborted.'

I hear people say that "it" is not a person yet, but nobody seems to come up with a line in the sand where "it" becomes a person. (Especially considering that with each passing year, technology allows babies that are born more and more prematurely to live normal, healthy lives).

People yell and scream about "choice," yet totally disregard that the unborn have no "choice."

I hear people say "it" can't live on it's own. Well, even after a child is born "it" can't live on it's own for years.

With the exception of rape, becoming pregnant is something that is completely avoidable. If one follows the premise that a person is a person from the moment those cells start dividing (keep in mind the heart begins to beat after +/- 20 days), then we are allowing a person to be terminated in exchange for an irresponsible couple's "good time." Hardly seems fair to me.

Planet_Pluto
I completely agree.
T_P_O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 T_P_O
Member since 2008 • 5388 Posts

Firmly pro-choice, whether that means the mother keeping her foetus or aborting it.

Avatar image for UprootedDreamer
UprootedDreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 UprootedDreamer
Member since 2011 • 2036 Posts
I am prolife.
ThatTheory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 ThatTheory
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
It would be easy for me to say that I am pro-life since I am not the one that has to be the one to carry the child, after years of thinking about it I would have to say that I am Pro-Choice.
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts
pro abortion/anti-choice fewer people fewer stupid arguments about how to decide for people.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

In my private life I am pro life. But politically I am pro choice. I find the pro life movement hypocritical for a number of reasons since many pro-lifer(s) have other stances that contradict their pro life mentality. The most frequent one is a pro-lifer that is for small government. Apparently, no government is too big to regulate the citizens private life.

Also, in the U.S., the constitution describes persons in post natal form.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 surrealnumber5

In my private life I am pro life. But politically I am pro choice. I find the pro life movement hypocritical for a number of reasons since many pro-lifer(s) have other stances that contradict their pro life mentality. The most frequent one is a pro-lifer that is for small government. Apparently, no government is too big to regulate the citizens private life.

DroidPhysX

so how do you feel about 87th trimester abortions?

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 surrealnumber5

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]

surrealnumber5

so how do you feel about 87th trimester abortions?

though i guess with the new obama care rules it should be extended to the 1004th trimester.

BasedWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 BasedWolf
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="DivergeUnify"]Pro Choice. Realistically if a woman believes she cannot mentally, emotionally, or financially support a child, then she shouldn't have to chaoscougar1
I agree with this part, also, children of rape. I can imagine the parent resenting the child their entire life.

THIS! Also it depends how far along the pregnancy is.
Frame_Dragger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Frame_Dragger
Member since 2009 • 9581 Posts

Wow... another abortion thread? OK, finally let me say what I really think, and that is-

*snooooore*

SquirrelTamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 SquirrelTamer
Member since 2011 • 1185 Posts

I like life. And I like choice so??

Planet_Pluto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Planet_Pluto
Member since 2011 • 2235 Posts

I like life. And I like choice so??

SquirrelTamer

AWESOME PIC!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 deactivated-5cacc9e03b460

Pro Choice. Realistically if a woman believes she cannot mentally, emotionally, or financially support a child, then she shouldn't be engaging in sex.DivergeUnify
Fixed.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 surrealnumber5

[QUOTE="DivergeUnify"]Pro Choice. Realistically if a woman believes she cannot mentally, emotionally, or financially support a child, then she shouldn't be engaging in sex.racer8dan

Fixed.

as i often argue with leftists here, you cannot change others behaviors by stating what they SHOULD do, in fact you cannot control others no matter how much you wish to or how stupid/wrong you think they are acting. free will is a fact of the human condition that you need to live with, as fighting it will only cause far more problems than the one you are trying to fix.

kittensRjerks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 kittensRjerks
Member since 2010 • 3802 Posts

pro-choice

lloveLamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 lloveLamp
Member since 2009 • 2891 Posts
im pro baby killing. i say wait till their born and then stab them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 deactivated-5cacc9e03b460

[QUOTE="racer8dan"]

[QUOTE="DivergeUnify"]Pro Choice. Realistically if a woman believes she cannot mentally, emotionally, or financially support a child, then she shouldn't be engaging in sex.surrealnumber5

Fixed.

as i often argue with leftists here, you cannot change others behaviors by stating what they SHOULD do, in fact you cannot control others no matter how much you wish to or how stupid/wrong you think they are acting. free will is a fact of the human condition that you need to live with, as fighting it will only cause far more problems than the one you are trying to fix.

I agree. Though it doesn't change my opinion. People want to do whatever they want, but when it comes time to take on the responsibilities that that comes with, people want to bail out, and that's a childish, d-bag move.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 surrealnumber5

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"]

[QUOTE="racer8dan"]Fixed.

racer8dan

I agree. Though it doesn't change my opinion. People want to do whatever they want, but when it comes time to take on the responsibilities that that comes with, people want to bail out, and that's a childish, d-bag move.

and youre welcome to your opinion, and as much as i wish it to be D-bags just wont combust on command so i need to accept, but not agree, with their d-bag choices , whatever they may be.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 deactivated-5cacc9e03b460

[QUOTE="racer8dan"]

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"] as i often argue with leftists here, you cannot change others behaviors by stating what they SHOULD do, in fact you cannot control others no matter how much you wish to or how stupid/wrong you think they are acting. free will is a fact of the human condition that you need to live with, as fighting it will only cause far more problems than the one you are trying to fix.

surrealnumber5

and youre welcome to your opinion, and as much as i wish it to be D-bags just wont combust on command so i need to accept, but not agree, with their d-bag choices , whatever they may be.

Though regarding abortion, I don't beleive we should accept that particular d-bag choice. A person can do whatever he/she wants, that's there choice, but when it affects innocent others, that's where the line should be drawn.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 surrealnumber5

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"]

[QUOTE="racer8dan"]I agree. Though it doesn't change my opinion. People want to do whatever they want, but when it comes time to take on the responsibilities that that comes with, people want to bail out, and that's a childish, d-bag move.

racer8dan

Though regarding abortion, I don't beleive we should accept that particular d-bag choice. A person can do whatever he/she wants, that's there choice, but when it affects innocent others, that's where the line should be drawn.

so they will just do it at home with coat hangers as has been done in the past. i would rather it be legal but at the same time have a huge social stigma against it. discourage the act in every way but dont eliminate it. encouraging the act will only have a bad effect on the society as a whole kinda like welfare and unemployment, as early as 20 years ago both of those were despicable acts, seen as taking with out earning, but now that stigma is completely reversed, it is seen as a just cause to take your due monies from the government and now what was once a social net is now a nation wide problem, one of many, that may end up destroying this nation.

Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#90 Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

Pro-choice, until medical technology is sufficiently advanced that embryos can be safely removed and reimplanted outside the original womb.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 deactivated-5cacc9e03b460

[QUOTE="racer8dan"]

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"] and youre welcome to your opinion, and as much as i wish it to be D-bags just wont combust on command so i need to accept, but not agree, with their d-bag choices , whatever they may be.

surrealnumber5

so they will just do it at home with coat hangers as has been done in the past. i would rather it be legal but at the same time have a huge social stigma against it. discourage the act in every way but dont eliminate it. encouraging the act will only have a bad effect on the society as a whole kinda like welfare and unemployment, as early as 20 years ago both of those were despicable acts, seen as taking with out earning, but now that stigma is completely reversed, it is seen as a just cause to take your due monies from the government and now what was once a social net is now a nation wide problem, one of many, that may end up destroying this nation.

Just because people will break the law doesn't mean we should change it to fit their needs. Any person willing to kill their child with a coat hanger or birth the child and leave it in a trash can have some mental problems and should be taken off the streets.

BlackDevil99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 BlackDevil99
Member since 2003 • 2329 Posts

pro-choice

I sure as well wouldn't want a kid at this stage of my life (or ever really)
mother's health could be endangered
world over-populated as it is
blah blah blah

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

not to upset anyone, but a rape victum can still get the morning after pill or is that considered a form of abortion???

lordreaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 lordreaven
Member since 2005 • 7239 Posts

Is no Anti-life and Anti-choice options?

Necrifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Necrifer
Member since 2010 • 10629 Posts

Pro-everything.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 surrealnumber5

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"]

[QUOTE="racer8dan"]Though regarding abortion, I don't beleive we should accept that particular d-bag choice. A person can do whatever he/she wants, that's there choice, but when it affects innocent others, that's where the line should be drawn.

racer8dan

Just because people will break the law doesn't mean we should change it to fit their needs. Any person willing to kill their child with a coat hanger or birth the child and leave it in a trash can have some mental problems and should be taken off the streets.

that is a blanket statement that ignores all environmental and situational truths in a desperate situation. no one just decides to risk their life half hazardly to abort a baby. could they be making an ill-informed decision? absolutely, but that does not mean they are deficient or broken people,but desperate, panicking, or poorly informed and everyone including you and i aresusceptible to those informational gapsand states of mind.

m0zart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#97 m0zart
Member since 2003 • 11580 Posts

DroidPhysX

They're both pretty hypocritical. "Pro-choicers" are often pro-choice on abortion and possibly your sexual partner, but anything that has to do with your own financial future, your education, or beyond, can easily fall under the the anti-choice clickers.

This is the reason I refuse to use those terms to describe the movements. It's pro-abortion-choice and anti-abortion-choice, as nothing else so succinctly describes them in any objective sense.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 deactivated-5cacc9e03b460

[QUOTE="racer8dan"]

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"] so they will just do it at home with coat hangers as has been done in the past. i would rather it be legal but at the same time have a huge social stigma against it. discourage the act in every way but dont eliminate it. encouraging the act will only have a bad effect on the society as a whole kinda like welfare and unemployment, as early as 20 years ago both of those were despicable acts, seen as taking with out earning, but now that stigma is completely reversed, it is seen as a just cause to take your due monies from the government and now what was once a social net is now a nation wide problem, one of many, that may end up destroying this nation.

surrealnumber5

that is a blanket statement that ignores all environmental and situational truths in a desperate situation. no one just decides to risk their life half hazardly to abort a baby. could they be making an ill-informed decision? absolutely, but that does not mean they are deficient or broken people,but desperate, panicking, or poorly informed and everyone including you and i aresusceptible to those informational gapsand states of mind.

I agree and disagree. The majority of people wouldn't commit such heinous acts, even under those situations.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#99 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

I'm in the middle.

I don't really support abortion as a form of birth control (except in certain cases), but ultimately it's the woman's choice of what to do with her own body.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 surrealnumber5

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"]

[QUOTE="racer8dan"]Just because people will break the law doesn't mean we should change it to fit their needs. Any person willing to kill their child with a coat hanger or birth the child and leave it in a trash can have some mental problems and should be taken off the streets.

racer8dan

I agree and disagree. The majority of people wouldn't commit such heinous acts, even under those situations.

i am not saying i agree with the act, or disagree, personally i dont have an opinion on the act of aborting as i know physically i cannot carry a child and legally/morally(my morals as hedging the subjective morality argument though i doubt you would make such a shallow objection) i cannot control women, butthat would be a supper sweet super power.

TL:DR bumb hippie philosophy