Are you pro-life or pro-choice?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
Man listen to yourself, get drunk and forget to use condom followed by not her fault? I lol'd
Just-Breathe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 Just-Breathe
Member since 2011 • 3130 Posts

He's implying that if a person doesn't want to raise a child then they should have sex I said people don't always have sex to reproduce. Condoms fail or you get drunk and forget to use one and you end up with an unwanted pregnancy.It's hardly the persons fault she ended up pregnanttoast_burner

If you have sex you should be prepared for any and all consequences.

Man listen to yourself, get drunk and forget to use condom followed by not her fault? I lol'dGazaAli

I did too....

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#203 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts
If your pro-death then, what's preventing you from killing yourself?alexside1
That's why its called pro-choice, not pro-death. Anyone who's pro-death probably hasn't lived long enough to tell anyone....
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
[QUOTE="toast_burner"]He's implying that if a person doesn't want to raise a child then they should have sex I said people don't always have sex to reproduce. Condoms fail or you get drunk and forget to use one and you end up with an unwanted pregnancy. It's hardly the persons fault she ended up pregnantJust-Breathe
If you have sex you should be prepared for any and all consequence.

I had sex with someone I met in a bar. It was a wild one night stand and we had fun. Now I have AIDS and its not my fault.
Just-Breathe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 Just-Breathe

I had sex with someone I met in a bar. It was a wild one night stand and we had fun. Now I have AIDS and its not my fault.GazaAli

:lol:

Avatar image for deactivated-5cacc9e03b460
deactivated-5cacc9e03b460

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#206 deactivated-5cacc9e03b460
Member since 2005 • 6976 Posts

[QUOTE="racer8dan"]

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"] Did she drop ger drawers when the rapist forced her to drop them?

DroidPhysX

Because the majority of unplanned pregnancies happen that way...:roll:

Who said anything about that in the quote? Though i like the deflection.

LMAO dude, you guys always play the rapist card as if it's a significant enough number to even blip on the radar.

LookJohnnySaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 LookJohnnySaid
Member since 2011 • 151 Posts
pro choice. Abortions are free here, you can make as many mistakes as you want!! yay healthcare
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#208 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

Man listen to yourself, get drunk and forget to use condom followed by not her fault? I lol'dGazaAli
having fun is a big part of life. You can't blame someone for having some innocent fun.

Have you ever been drunk before? What would you say if you wake up after a night of drinking and find out that you slept with someone and impregnated them?

Unwanted pregnancy is an acident you can't blame anyone for it (except if the person was raped)

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="racer8dan"]Because the majority of unplanned pregnancies happen that way...:roll:

racer8dan

LMAO dude, you guys always play the rapist card as if it's a significant enough number to even blip on my radar.

Cool story, another post that is completely irrelevant to the question at hand.
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#210 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

I'm both. Life is a good thing, and women have the right to choose.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 theone86

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="racer8dan"]Because the majority of unplanned pregnancies happen that way...:roll:

racer8dan

LMAO dude, you guys always play the rapist card as if it's a significant enough number to even blip on the radar.

Yes, which is why Republican candidates are now talking about prohibiting abortions even in the case of rape and/or the mother being in mortal danger, because that's not a blip on anyone's radar.

Just-Breathe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 Just-Breathe

Unwanted pregnancy is an acident you can't blame anyone for it (except if the person was raped)

toast_burner

kussese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#213 kussese
Member since 2008 • 1555 Posts

As a guy, I can be fairly confident in saying that I'll never be pregnant. Women can duke it out and ultimately decide what they want to do on this issue; they're the ones who have to go through the Hell that is pregnancy.

kussese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#214 kussese
Member since 2008 • 1555 Posts

theone86
You...can't do that. Either you want it to be legal or you don't. :|
Animatronic64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 Animatronic64
Member since 2010 • 3971 Posts
[QUOTE="theone86"]

kussese

You can. It's called not pushing your belief on everyone else. You'll tell someone what you think, but you won't try to force that view upon anyone else.
tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 tocool340
[QUOTE="Just-Breathe"][QUOTE="toast_burner"]He's implying that if a person doesn't want to raise a child then they should have sex I said people don't always have sex to reproduce. Condoms fail or you get drunk and forget to use one and you end up with an unwanted pregnancy. It's hardly the persons fault she ended up pregnantGazaAli
If you have sex you should be prepared for any and all consequence.

I had sex with someone I met in a bar. It was a wild one night stand and we had fun. Now I have AIDS and its not my fault.

So...considering babies and AIDS are product of sex, and IF there was a cure for AIDS, I suppose you would rather live with them instead of getting it removed, correct?... Just checking since the guy you quoted practically said you have to live with the consequences of sex....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 deactivated-5cacc9e03b460

[QUOTE="racer8dan"]

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"] Who said anything about that in the quote? Though i like the deflection.DroidPhysX

LMAO dude, you guys always play the rapist card as if it's a significant enough number to even blip on my radar.

Oh, you mean that statement dressed as a question to bring to my attention, the unplanned pregnancies due to rape?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

[QUOTE="kussese"][QUOTE="theone86"]

Animatronic64

You can. It's called not pushing your belief on everyone else. You'll tell someone what you think, but you won't try to force that view upon anyone else.

Pro-choice people aren't pushing their beliefs on others, they're giving people the choice to do what they beleive is best.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 deactivated-5cacc9e03b460

[QUOTE="racer8dan"]

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"] Who said anything about that in the quote? Though i like the deflection.theone86

Yes, which is why Republican candidates are now talking about prohibiting abortions even in the case of rape and/or the mother being in mortal danger, because that's not a blip on anyone's radar.

That doesn't change the fact that it's a rare occurence, which is the "blip" I was refering to.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#220 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
To be clear, I'm both. I prefer pro-life, though.
Animatronic64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 Animatronic64
Member since 2010 • 3971 Posts

[QUOTE="Animatronic64"][QUOTE="kussese"] You...can't do that. Either you want it to be legal or you don't. :|toast_burner

Pro-choice people aren't pushing their beliefs on others, they're giving people the choice to do what they beleive is best.

You can be against something while not forcing anyone to agree. For example, I am completely against the death penalty. But hey, if people want to continue with the death penalty, let them!

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 DroidPhysX

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="racer8dan"]LMAO dude, you guys always play the rapist card as if it's a significant enough number to even blip on my radar.

racer8dan

Oh, you mean that statement dressed as a question to bring to my attention, the unplanned pregnancies due to rape?

I think it was the one that you yet again deflect.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts

[QUOTE="theone86"]

[QUOTE="racer8dan"]LMAO dude, you guys always play the rapist card as if it's a significant enough number to even blip on the radar.

racer8dan

That doesn't change the fact that it's a rare occurence, which is the "blip" I was refering to.

Why does it matter if it's a blip or not. It's still there.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

[QUOTE="Animatronic64"] You can. It's called not pushing your belief on everyone else. You'll tell someone what you think, but you won't try to force that view upon anyone else. Animatronic64

You can be against something while not forcing anyone to agree. For example, I am completely against the death penalty. But hey, if people want to continue with the death penalty, let them!

Thats still pro-choice. Just because you're pro-choice doesn't mean you personally will ever have/want to get an abortion. It just means you think the option should be there for the people who want it.

I'm never going to get anyone pregnant and have to worry about abortion but I'm still pro-choice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 deactivated-5cacc9e03b460

[QUOTE="racer8dan"]

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"] Cool story, another post that is completely irrelevant to the question at hand. DroidPhysX

I think it was the one that you yet again deflect.

Let me go ahead and answer that "question" for you. Yes, if that's what the rapist asked her to do....Waiting your reply.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 theone86

[QUOTE="theone86"]

kussese

I want it to be legal, but I'm pro-life because, as I said, life is a good thing.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts

theone86

I want it to be legal, but I'm pro-life because, as I said, life is a good thing.

I too am pro-life and pro-choice. Not anti-abortion though.
tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 tocool340

theone86

Eh? I always thought you were Pro-Choice....

Or were you being sarcastic...:P

Frame_Dragger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 Frame_Dragger
Member since 2009 • 9581 Posts

I'm anti-these threads, militantly so in fact. In what way does rehashing this issue every few weeks accomplish anything, entertain anyone, or fail to bore people senseless?

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 theone86

[QUOTE="theone86"]

[QUOTE="kussese"] You...can't do that. Either you want it to be legal or you don't. :|tocool340

Eh? I always thought you were Pro-Choice....

Or were you being sarcastic...:P

Well I am pro-choice, but I am not anti-life or pro-death so I consider myself to be pro-life as well.

DevilMightCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 DevilMightCry
Member since 2007 • 3554 Posts
As a father of two children (3,1), I don't support abortion, especially after seeing both my children in the delivery room. I do want more restriction on how it is performed and more counseling etc. I do support the choice of states deciding this issue by voters, not by federal government. One exception where I support it is incest and rape, and life of the mother. I think that is fairly reasonable position. But having kids does change your opinion, at least with me it did.
grape_of_wrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 grape_of_wrath
Member since 2009 • 3756 Posts

I'm anti-these threads, militantly so in fact. In what way does rehashing this issue every few weeks accomplish anything, entertain anyone, or fail to bore people senseless?

Frame_Dragger
^ Frame-Dragger: militantly anti-GSOT.
Frame_Dragger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 Frame_Dragger
Member since 2009 • 9581 Posts

As a father of two children (3,1), I don't support abortion, especially after seeing both my children in the delivery room. I do want more restriction on how it is performed and more counseling etc. I do support the choice of states deciding this issue by voters, not by federal government. One exception where I support it is incest and rape, and life of the mother. I think that is fairly reasonable position. But having kids does change your opinion, at least with me it did.DevilMightCry

If your opinion was "pro-choice" before having kids, then changed because of the visceral experience of having kids, I'd discount both where public policy is concerned.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#234 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

OOOoooo

pro-death :D

DevilMightCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 DevilMightCry
Member since 2007 • 3554 Posts

[QUOTE="DevilMightCry"]As a father of two children (3,1), I don't support abortion, especially after seeing both my children in the delivery room. I do want more restriction on how it is performed and more counseling etc. I do support the choice of states deciding this issue by voters, not by federal government. One exception where I support it is incest and rape, and life of the mother. I think that is fairly reasonable position. But having kids does change your opinion, at least with me it did.Frame_Dragger

If your opinion was "pro-choice" before having kids, then changed because of the visceral experience of having kids, I'd discount both where public policy is concerned.

Please elaborate...
CaveJohnson1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 CaveJohnson1
Member since 2011 • 1714 Posts

Throwing this out there; there is an over population problem in the world, on top of abortion lowering crime rates...

Avatar image for deactivated-5a79221380856
deactivated-5a79221380856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 deactivated-5a79221380856
Member since 2007 • 13125 Posts

I'm pro-life. Personhood begins at conception, since the characteristics of each person are determined at fertilization and develop long after birth. An embryo is not part of the mother's body, since a mother does not possess 23 extra chromosomes nor can she develop an extra heart, an extra brain, or occasionally male genitalia. Therefore, she does not have autonomy over the body of her child because it's not her body.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts
Pro-choice. If you outlaw abortion all you do is create a black market. So pro-choice for practical reasons.
fidosim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#239 fidosim
Member since 2003 • 12901 Posts
Pro-choice. If you outlaw abortion all you do is create a black market. So pro-choice for practical reasons.KC_Hokie
A black market for what, exactly?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]Pro-choice. If you outlaw abortion all you do is create a black market. So pro-choice for practical reasons.fidosim

Illegal abortions done with unsterilised clothes hangers

Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#241 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
Pro-choice.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 deactivated-5a79221380856

Pro-choice. If you outlaw abortion all you do is create a black market. So pro-choice for practical reasons.KC_Hokie

That doesn't make sense. If abortion is outlawed, women who would've otherwised had an abortion because it's legal would not. It would also remove much of the pressure that the pro-abortion movement has on pregnant women to abort. It doesn't make any logical sense that a woman who would've not had an abortion would have an abortion simply because it wasn't legal. Abortion would only go down.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 DroidPhysX

I'm pro-life. Personhood begins at conception, since the characteristics of each person are determined at fertilization and develop long after birth. An embryo is not part of the mother's body, since a mother does not possess 23 extra chromosomes nor can she develop an extra heart, an extra brain, or occasionally male genitalia. Therefore, she does not have autonomy over the body of her child because it's not her body.

Genetic_Code

You and your hidden social conservatism.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]Pro-choice. If you outlaw abortion all you do is create a black market. So pro-choice for practical reasons.Genetic_Code

That doesn't make sense. If abortion is outlawed, women who would've otherwised had an abortion because it's legal would not. It would also remove much of the pressure that the pro-abortion movement has on pregnant women to abort. It doesn't make any logical sense that a woman who would've not had an abortion would have an abortion simply because it wasn't legal. Abortion would only go down.

Thats a load of nonsense. The pro-choice movement doesn't pressure people to have an abortion, making things up doesn't help your argument.

A lot of people who want an abortion will have one regardless of if it's legal or not. The safest way to have an abortion is in an abortion clinic, but by illegalising it they would resort to getting it done by untrained people with insufficient equipment or by drinking a dangerously large amount of alcohol

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]Pro-choice. If you outlaw abortion all you do is create a black market. So pro-choice for practical reasons.fidosim

For abortions. It happens in the states that outlaw abortion and it happened in the past. When you outlaw something you simply drive it into the black market. The practice won't stop.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 deactivated-5a79221380856

Thats a load of nonsense. The pro-choice movement doesn't pressure people to have an abortion, making things up doesn't help your argument.

toast_burner

Considering the pro-abortion movement advocates abortion as necessary when it's not, I don't think it's always an uncoerced choice.

A lot of people who want an abortion will have one regardless of if it's legal or not. The safest way to have an abortion is in an abortion clinic, but by illegalising it they would resort to getting it done by untrained people with insufficient equipment or by drinking a dangerously large amount of alcohol

toast_burner

I wouldn't know about that.

DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#247 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

I'm pro-fessional unquestionable, without a doubt superb
Also full of action, my name should be a verb
My voice will float, on every note

Paco8byu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#248 Paco8byu
Member since 2010 • 522 Posts

Pro-life because killing people is bad.

Setsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 Setsa
Member since 2005 • 8431 Posts
Pro-life. I would give a rational argument justifying my stance, but knowing the trend in OT, it'd lead to a senseless dispute.
scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 scorch-62
Member since 2006 • 29763 Posts
Considering the pro-abortion movement advocates abortion as necessary when it's not, I don't think it's always an uncoerced choice.Genetic_Code
Pro-abortion is not the same thing as pro-choice.