Are human beings inherently evil?

• 99 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Yusuke420
Member since 2012 • 2770 Posts

So other animal does what we humans do. No animal would consider sex with corpses but humans. No other animals subjegates other animals in pens for a massive food source. No other animal does tests on other animals. No other animal has created weapons build specifically to hurt or kill other members of it's species. Animals don't exbit any racism (black, brown, and white sheep get along equally). I could continue, but I think the evidence shows that humans are evil and we have to be willing to reinvent ourselves to order to advance our evolution.

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts
We are evolving it's a slow progress. And good and evil are man made concepts with no real meaning.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

Penguins have been reported not only to rape each over but to also murder them and then rape their corpse.

Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

what is this the dark ages?

no such thing as good or evil

ScorpionTroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 ScorpionTroll
Member since 2012 • 810 Posts

Duality, You get the good with the bad.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

Nope.

CHOASXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 CHOASXIII
Member since 2009 • 14716 Posts

No

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Yusuke420

Penguins have been reported not only to rape each over but to also murder them and then rape their corpse.

toast_burner

I'd like to see that report. Also lets not make this a metaphysical arguement about the concepts of right versus wrong because that's a different, more broad conversation.

drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#9 drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts
If humans were inherently evil, the world would probably be ten times worse than it is now.
TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts

There is no good. There is no evil. There is no such thing as morality. It is simply a matter of one's own simple personality and inferences.

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Yusuke420

almasdeathchild

So you think murder is something that could be considered a good thing? Cold blooded mass murder?

Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

Sort of, man is natrually mixed with 'good' and 'evil'.

Crunchy_Nuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Crunchy_Nuts
Member since 2010 • 2749 Posts
Yes, humans are inherently evil. I like to punch pregnant women in the belly.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

Yusuke420

I'd like to see that report. Also lets not make this a metaphysical arguement about the concepts of right versus wrong because that's a different, more broad conversation.

http://www.nhm.ac.uk/about-us/news/2012/june/penguin-sex-habits-study-rediscovered-at-museum110510.html

Don't let their cute exterior deceive you.

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Yusuke420

There is no good. There is no evil. There is no such thing as morality. It is simply a matter of one's own simple personality and inferences.

TheFallenDemon

Let's draw that line at creating weapons then, why aren't all civilized countries just all say we aren't going to make weapons any more and turn all the gun and knife manufactuers into companies that advance other industries like Aerospace and alturnative energy. We shouldn't fight with one another, but band together to get off this rock before a rogue asteroid takes us all out.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
just ot i am pur
mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts
No but yes. Humanity is dualistic in nature and thus is capable of both great good and great evil. The very same person is capable of both great social good and abhorrent evil. The worst of us is capable of some good and the best of us is still imperfect. All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God - all but one. This sole individual who never did any evil was Jesus Christ. We who have fallen short of God's perfection can still be found innocent in the eyes of God despite our sin because of Jesus Christ. He died our death and because of his resurrection we who deserve death can also know resurrection and redemption.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

toast_burner

http://www.nhm.ac.uk/about-us/news/2012/june/penguin-sex-habits-study-rediscovered-at-museum110510.html

Don't let their cute exterior deceive you.

Nice to see I have some material for my dark, mature interpretation on "Mr. Popper's Penguins."

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#19 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts
We are evolving it's a slow progress. And good and evil are man made concepts with no real meaning.MrPraline
Can evolution truly solve self interest, pride and greed? Evolution is only a solution for how our genetic code can physically adapt. Have we truly changed in our behaviour as cavemen compared to now?
Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Yusuke420

No but yes. Humanity is dualistic in nature and thus is capable of both great good and great evil. The very same person is capable of both great social good and abhorrent evil. The worst of us is capable of some good and the best of us is still imperfect. All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God - all but one. This sole individual who never did any evil was Jesus Christ. We who have fallen short of God's perfection can still be found innocent in the eyes of God despite our sin because of Jesus Christ. He died our death and because of his resurrection we who deserve death can also know resurrection and redemption. mindstorm
I'm not a religious person but I enjoyed this response.

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

I say yes simply because its usually human nature to do the wrong thing because its easier / more beneficial to + we suffer from emotions like greed and what not. I think most humans spend quite a bit of time learning how to do the quote on quote the right thing while growing up but we start off like ball of evil for sure or we wouldnt have to learn that stuff. Now does that mean we are all psychopathic killers no but people naturally harbor evil thoughts. For example, say your walking down a sidewalk and a $100 bill falls off someone in front of you. You have a choice to make return the money or keep it and no one will ever know you took it. Many would probably say they would return it but in reality most would keep it. Even worse i would bet that most people have thoughts of doing something to someone they really didnt like but just dont act on it.

My point being is that in many cases humans will do what is considered to to be the wrong or evil if you will. The thing is though that we are trained from birth not to do those things if you had a proper upbringing that is. If you could make a window into our minds though you would see some crazy stuff. Imagine that movie the cell. In a nutshell its called self control.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts
Inherently capable of evil, yes. That doesn't mean each person will be evil. Most people will choose to ignore those impulses.
Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Yusuke420

[QUOTE="MrPraline"]We are evolving it's a slow progress. And good and evil are man made concepts with no real meaning.hiphops_savior
Can evolution truly solve self interest, pride and greed? Evolution is only a solution for how our genetic code can physically adapt. Have we truly changed in our behaviour as cavemen compared to now?

If we could just find a huge source of renewable energy I think we could solve a lot of the problems in society.

Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts

"...Nature is not cruel, only pitilessly indifferent. This is one of the hardest lessons for humans to learn. We cannot admit that things might be neither good nor evil, neither cruel nor kind, but simply callous - indifferent to all suffering, lacking all purpose."

- Richard Dawkins ~ River Out of Eden: A Darwinian View of Life

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

So other animal does what we humans do. No animal would consider sex with corpses but humans. No other animals subjegates other animals in pens for a massive food source. No other animal does tests on other animals. No other animal has created weapons build specifically to hurt or kill other members of it's species. Animals don't exbit any racism (black, brown, and white sheep get along equally). I could continue, but I think the evidence shows that humans are evil and we have to be willing to reinvent ourselves to order to advance our evolution.

Yusuke420

Wrong

The first case of homosexual necrophilia in the
mallard Anas platyrhynchos (Aves:Anatidae)

On 5 June 1995 an adult male mallard (Anas platyrhynchos) collided with the glass façade of the
Natuurmuseum Rotterdam and died. An other drake mallard raped the corpse almost continuously
for 75 minutes. Then the author disturbed the scene and secured the dead duck. Dissection
showed that the rape-victim indeed was of the male sex. It is concluded that the mallards were
engaged in an Attempted Rape Flight that resulted in the first described case of homosexual
necrophilia in the mallard.

AussieePet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#26 AussieePet
Member since 2010 • 11424 Posts
Everyone is evil inside
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
Mankind isn't inherently evil. Evil is a pretty strong word. We're inclined toward selfishness and greed which generally don't work out in our best interests as a society. Humans are generally a blank slate though Rousseau would have you believe that we're inclined toward good, I'm not so convinced as to say "good" but we're at least disinclined toward evil as it almost always hurts us more in the end. We are kind of dicks though, even at our best.
naeser2263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 naeser2263
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I think humans just are.
Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Yusuke420

Please stop with the "there is not evil argument". That is simply too vast a discussion to get into. We live in the scope that our laws create and unfortunately that has to be the guide line of what is and isn't acceptable. I don't always agree with this process (the prohibition of Cannibus being my major point of contention with our lawmakers), I have to accept that this is the way life is shaped for the time being. Remember it was legal just one hundred years ago to wed girls as young as 12, so I understand landscape shift, but I think it will be always unacceptable to kill people.

ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts
They are inherently neither.
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts

Please stop with the "there is not evil argument". That is simply too vast a discussion to get into. We live in the scope that our laws create and unfortunately that has to be the guide line of what is and isn't acceptable. I don't always agree with this process (the prohibition of Cannibus being my major point of contention with our lawmakers), I have to accept that this is the way life is shaped for the time being. Remember it was legal just one hundred years ago to wed girls as young as 12, so I understand landscape shift, but I think it will be always unacceptable to kill people.

Yusuke420
Our law makers do not really care about morality or what's right and wrong, though. Marijuana is illegal because W.H. Hearst had a lot of money to throw around and way too much invested to let weed f*ck it up. Highest bidder gets their custom laws. It's a business and business is good. Society is filled with sheep that believe lawful is equal to moral and right, so we are trapped in an endless cycle of sucking off the powers that be. Isn't life grand?
FMAB_GTO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 FMAB_GTO
Member since 2010 • 14385 Posts
Everyone and the way he thinks. Raising also plays a role u_u
lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 lo_Pine
Member since 2012 • 4978 Posts

Depends on the conditioning of the human. I believe nature would have us be good, the nurture is what turns us evil; our experiences and what we learn from them.

Socijalisticka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Socijalisticka
Member since 2011 • 1555 Posts

Humans are not inherently anything. There exists no human nature or nature of any kind for that matter.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

MrPraline
Our law makers do not really care about morality or what's right and wrong, though. Marijuana is illegal because W.H. Hearst had a lot of money to throw around and way too much invested to let weed f*ck it up. Highest bidder gets their custom laws. It's a business and business is good. Society is filled with sheep that believe lawful is equal to moral and right, so we are trapped in an endless cycle of sucking off the powers that be. Isn't life grand?

I still don't get why this line of thinking isn't considered common sense.
Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Yusuke420

I don't know though there are plenty of rich people that smoke cannibus though and very little progress has been made on the issue. All of hip hop should have enough money to change this type of law in washington, but for some reason that doesn't happen. I'm getting off track though, but if anyone is interested in debate I could open a marijuana discussion thread.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts
Nope. I don't think evil or good truly exist...
v13_KiiLtz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 v13_KiiLtz
Member since 2010 • 2791 Posts
HE HATES ME YET HE CAUGHT ME MAN IS GOOD
Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

[QUOTE="almasdeathchild"]

Yusuke420

So you think murder is something that could be considered a good thing? Cold blooded mass murder?

it's bad but it's not good. murder doesn't=murder

religion has had mass murder and it's praised as something good

this is no different

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts
We are evolving it's a slow progress. And good and evil are man made concepts with no real meaning.MrPraline
Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

HE HATES ME YET HE CAUGHT ME MAN IS GOODv13_KiiLtz

HE WAS HORNY

SO HE DROPPED HIM

MAN IS EVIL!

FPSfan1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 FPSfan1985
Member since 2011 • 2174 Posts
Depends on what you think is or isn't evil. Personally I say yes. We are natural born killers, that would rather take what we want than share what we have.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#43 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
yes. yes we are.
Wolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Wolls
Member since 2005 • 19119 Posts
We're innately selfish if that's what you mean... wouldn't define that as evil though. Survival of the fittest and all that...
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
Evil spelled backwards is "live".
unrealtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 unrealtron
Member since 2010 • 3148 Posts
Not every single human is evil.
N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

No, that's ridiculous. Humans are inherently good, not evil.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#48 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Lions kill the offspring of other male lions in their pride. There are lots of other behaviors that would be considered pretty cruel. You're just looking through everything with a biased perspective.

FPSfan1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 FPSfan1985
Member since 2011 • 2174 Posts

No, that's ridiculous. Humans are inherently good, not evil.

N30F3N1X
Man if thats true it's a sad world we live in.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts
Evil? No. And you should read up on what some animals do....