Will Nintendo fans suppport The Conduit?

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 demontium
Member since 2008 • 380 Posts

Back with games like Zack and Wiki and No More Heroes there was limited appeal even if they were amazing games. The games had some oddities and a total lack of advertising from the publishers so its understandable that there was a lack of hype and most importantly sales.

This game is different its appealing in just about every way, the visuals are getting better every new screen, it has online play, pretty much assured good controls, an interesting story, and a genre that is almost non existant on Wii but extremely popular. Its already very appearant the hype is much higher on this game. Will you guys buy it? At first it looked generic but its rapidly evolving into more. Besides that a generic FPS is welcomed on Wii because the genre is almost nonexistant.

So will you support this game?

As a side note my big hope is that High Voltage has the time to implement a 4 player splitscreen and hopefully LAN.

Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
deactivated-586249e1b64ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
Member since 2004 • 7629 Posts
I'm supporting The Conduit. Sure, it's coming from a developer with a bad history, but they seem to be putting an effort into it and I haven't played an FPS that neither was slow-paced nor involved hiding behind something forever while waiting for health/shields to regenerate in a long time. Just simple run and gun.
DS_fan_atic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DS_fan_atic
Member since 2005 • 4078 Posts
I'm going to need to wait for a review... Until then, good luck to the Conduit team
dmil1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 dmil1991
Member since 2007 • 1016 Posts

I've been a Nintendo fan for most of my life (since my first Game Boy) and I'm definitely supporting the Conduit. It has the potential to revive the 3rd party support for Wii, so I'm all for it.

I'm playing through Zack & Wiki right now, and it's.... interesting. But I'm still playing it.

fleig_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 fleig_man
Member since 2006 • 858 Posts

I'm absolutly supporting it as you can see below. I've been a Nintendo fan for 15 years (I'm 20 now) and I am definatly excited for this game, not only does it sound fun but the story sounds like it will have lots of twists. it could be considered a cult classic kind of game

Ninjagamerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ninjagamerz
Member since 2008 • 61 Posts

I will for sure. The game looks awesome and I plan on getting it when it comes out! Every developer with a bad history will always have a time to shine. The Conduit definetly will shine!

Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#7 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts

Back with games like Zack and Wiki and No More Heroes there was limited appeal even if they were amazing games. The games had some oddities and a total lack of advertising from the publishers so its understandable that there was a lack of hype and most importantly sales.

This game is different its appealing in just about every way, the visuals are getting better every new screen, it has online play, pretty much assured good controls, an interesting story, and a genre that is almost non existant on Wii but extremely popular. Its already very appearant the hype is much higher on this game. Will you guys buy it? At first it looked generic but its rapidly evolving into more. Besides that a generic FPS is welcomed on Wii because the genre is almost nonexistant.

As a side note my big hope is that High Voltage has the time to implement a 4 player splitscreen and hopefully LAN.

demontium
Well i will only speak for my self but the resone i didnt support Z&W or NMH is because i didnt think thay were "amazing" but just averge. well at least thats how i felt about NMH. and i do not buy averge games. Z&W just was not my thing. so i supose you could say I will support conduit IF its a great game and *I* feel its diserves my support.
chazasul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#8 chazasul
Member since 2003 • 3852 Posts
I'm sorry but I'm gonna need convincing. It looks incredibly generic to me and I believe it's just getting hyped as there's a distinct lack of FPS's on the Wii.
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts
I am absolutely going to support and buy this game. Like the guy above me Ijust bought Z&W a couple weeks ago and it's good but I'm glad I only paid $20 for it.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
Well this sort of has the following that Red Steel had before the Wii's launch, and that game was a commercial success. It would have been a larger success had it not gotten such up and down reviews which scared off alot of potential buyers. This game is in the same boat, it has alot of hype, it will sell well unless it gets poor reviews before the game hits shelves.
demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 demontium
[QUOTE="demontium"]

Wild_Card

Well i will only speak for my self but the resone i didnt support Z&W or NMH is because i didnt think thay were "amazing" but just averge. well at least thats how i felt about NMH. and i do not buy averge games. Z&W just was not my thing. so i supose you could say I will support conduit IF its a great game and *I* feel its diserves my support.

I think everyone buys some average games if it appeals to them. Its kind of a blanket statement to say you absolutely dont buy average games. Besides that the general opinion of the games were they were above average.

I personally think they were great and esp think NMH deserved the 9.0 it got at GS.

Im just saying for those who like this game as much as I do everytime I see new screens and info then please support it and dont fall into the classic Nintendo fan mistake of letting good games fall into the sleeper hit category just because Nintendos name is not on the game

Unlike Deadly Creatures and de Blob this looks like it might sell well we need to create hype if it deserves it and get out of this "ample" third party support slump.

musicman748

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 musicman748
Member since 2007 • 2754 Posts
This game looks amazing of course i support it. Hopefully it gets a publisher. Oh and btw there is no splitscreen but LAN is very likely.
demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 demontium

Well this sort of has the following that Red Steel had before the Wii's launch, and that game was a commercial success. It would have been a larger success had it not gotten such up and down reviews which scared off alot of potential buyers. This game is in the same boat, it has alot of hype, it will sell well unless it gets poor reviews before the game hits shelves.Sepewrath

a big difference is that RS was advertised more than most third party games out there and it was a launch titel.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 demontium

This game looks amazing of course i support it. Hopefully it gets a publisher. Oh and btw there is no splitscreen but LAN is very likely.musicman748

could you show me the interview? Its understandable that the game does not have it but I am dissappointed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4c1fedbd347
deactivated-5a4c1fedbd347

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5a4c1fedbd347
Member since 2006 • 1523 Posts
i support this game. it looks great and it MAY even have voice chat :D
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
If it advertised, it has a chance to sell. Otherwise is will tank. It won't sell as well as first party titles though.
Avatar image for TheLadiesChoice
TheLadiesChoice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TheLadiesChoice
Member since 2008 • 130 Posts

It seems High Voltage is aiming this one for Nintendo fans-- with the exception of the newer, more casual 'fan' if you will.

"Early 360" graphics (as they claim), excellent online experience, deep story and plenty of other things which I think the newer Nintendo supporters are not concerned with, well at least not in this point in time.

metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

If it's good and I have online access, yeah.

I'm obviously not going to buy it if it falls flat on its face, and the generic and likely short single player won't be able to satisfy my shooter apetite without online.

N-One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 N-One
Member since 2008 • 320 Posts
I support it. story, great control, online, LAN, possible voice chat, why shouldn't I support (well, casuals won't give a crap).
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts
ok i just read about it a moment ago cause i hadnt heard of it untill now and i have concluded that yes i will be supporting it and it looks awesome
demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 demontium
we have another chance here to do our part when a third party developer does theirs lets PLEASE not screw up this time.
DiaperRash89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DiaperRash89
Member since 2008 • 371 Posts
I'm a Nintendo fan and I support The Conduit.
Keenzach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Keenzach
Member since 2006 • 1210 Posts
hopefully it has online so it could be our answer to halo but either way it looks good i support it
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

we have another chance here to do our part when a third party developer does theirs lets PLEASE not screw up this time.demontium

if your referring to No More Heroes Im not so sure that the developers "did their part" that game was harsh on the eyes and had incredibly repetative gameplay

dexter111344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dexter111344
Member since 2005 • 1578 Posts
It's looking good enough to buy. As long as it's good, I'll get it.
kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kenakuma
Member since 2007 • 3462 Posts

hopefully it has online so it could be our answer to halo but either way it looks good i support it Keenzach

answer to halo???

jhvoidhvwoiehvoiahibovje;ubeiw;bu'iweuboiweuboiuervoibuew'biuew'biuewoiubeiubwiouwbioufrubwibuwoiejgrjvieb'iebujieoub

theirs the wii's answer for halo......

AdRock92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 AdRock92
Member since 2007 • 1616 Posts
I suspect that I'll probably end up getting this game, the way it's shaping up. I'm still gonna wait for reviews to see how it actually is.
demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 demontium

[QUOTE="Keenzach"]hopefully it has online so it could be our answer to halo but either way it looks good i support it kenakuma

answer to halo???

jhvoidhvwoiehvoiahibovje;ubeiw;bu'iweuboiweuboiuervoibuew'biuew'biuewoiubeiubwiouwbioufrubwibuwoiejgrjvieb'iebujieoub

theirs the wii's answer for halo......

I dont know if it will be that esp to Halo fans, the game is looking great but I dont know if it will measure up the same way. The game does not have 4 player splitscreen so it lacks the party game feel that halo had.

Also why does everyone expect a "halo" killer from Wii when I have seen nothing come close to a SMG or SSBB killer.

also to answer the previous hope The Conduit has 16 player online and possibly LAN and I hear splitscreen is not there as I said.

Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Erebyssial
Member since 2007 • 2903 Posts
The Conduit is supporting Nintendo, so every Nintendo fan should be supporting it.
TheLordMagnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TheLordMagnus
Member since 2006 • 3783 Posts
If you want third parties to take the Wii seriously, you better support a game like this. Otherwise, you can expect more party games...have fun with that.
demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 demontium

If you want third parties to take the Wii seriously, you better support a game like this. Otherwise, you can expect more party games...have fun with that. TheLordMagnus

The people in this thread have been real supportive but still alot of people in the Wii forums are not going to support this game. Whether people admit it or not Nintendo fans are tied to Nintendo and rarely go outside to support those other great games.

Avatar image for thriteenthmonke
thriteenthmonke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 thriteenthmonke
Member since 2005 • 49823 Posts
I'll buy it if it's good.
Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Wild_Card
[QUOTE="Wild_Card"][QUOTE="demontium"]

demontium

I think everyone buys some average games if it appeals to them. Its kind of a blanket statement to say you absolutely dont buy average games. Besides that the general opinion of the games were they were above average.

I personally think they were great and esp think NMH deserved the 9.0 it got at GS.

Im just saying for those who like this game as much as I do everytime I see new screens and info then please support it and dont fall into the classic Nintendo fan mistake of letting good games fall into the sleeper hit category just because Nintendos name is not on the game

Unlike Deadly Creatures and de Blob this looks like it might sell well we need to create hype if it deserves it and get out of this "ample" third party support slump.

nope not me. i dont have the money to waist on averge nore do i have the time to waist on averge games period. And yes i depends on the person to diside for him self if a game is averge ,good or great. wich is why i said i was only speaking for my self. NMH was just not worth any more than the 5 dollor rentel to me. the controles were nothing great, the graphics looked terrible. yes i know it was cell shaded and that was the look thay were going for but even still it was well i wouldnt say terrible just not up to par IMHO. pop up ect. game play was very boreing to me ect. It had some style over all just was a let down for me.
Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Wild_Card

[QUOTE="demontium"]we have another chance here to do our part when a third party developer does theirs lets PLEASE not screw up this time.Serraph105

if your referring to No More Heroes Im not so sure that the developers "did their part" that game was harsh on the eyes and had incredibly repetative gameplay

thank you, some one shares my opinion
MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MaceKhan
Member since 2008 • 1388 Posts
I'll buy it if it's good.thriteenthmonke
What he said.
starmetroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 starmetroid
Member since 2007 • 5000 Posts
hopefully it has online so it could be our answer tohalo but either way it looks good i support it Keenzach
that means we willget a bland, short FPS :(
demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 demontium
[QUOTE="demontium"][QUOTE="Wild_Card"][QUOTE="demontium"]

Wild_Card

nope not me. i dont have the money to waist on averge nore do i have the time to waist on averge games period. And yes i depends on the person to diside for him self if a game is averge ,good or great. wich is why i said i was only speaking for my self. NMH was just not worth any more than the 5 dollor rentel to me. the controles were nothing great, the graphics looked terrible. yes i know it was cell shaded and that was the look thay were going for but even still it was well i wouldnt say terrible just not up to par IMHO. pop up ect. game play was very boreing to me ect. It had some style over all just was a let down for me.

well thats what I mean it may be your opinion that one game is good while to someone else its average. Whatever I dont understand why people resort to their personal opinions on games as the overall scale. The industry as a whole recognized NMH as a above average game and I was talking about Nintendo fans as a whole not about what I thought about the game or what you thought.

monclo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 monclo
Member since 2004 • 168 Posts
conduit =] first day buy
yeahyeahbigN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 yeahyeahbigN
Member since 2007 • 1345 Posts
yes, when a 3rd party company is trying to put effort into their games, im all for it. plus, the game has a long time before it's ship so im stoked for the game. hopefully, we will hear some good impressions at E3.
umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 umcommon
Member since 2007 • 2503 Posts

If The Conduit lives up to its promises than yes it will see big sales. An FPS game like this also has a broader appeal than something like Z&W or NMH.

NMH imo wasn't that great imo because of technical issues and lots of then, Z&W might be a great game but it just doen't show me any reason to be interested.

If everything goes smoothly and The Conduit turns out; I'm buying it on the first day.

lancea34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 lancea34
Member since 2007 • 6912 Posts
I'm supporting The Conduit. The Wii needs good FPSs.:)
helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#42 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts
If it is good HELL YEA
demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 demontium

hopefully it has online so it could be our answer to halo but either way it looks good i support it Keenzach

online was confirmed a long time ago.

Mastergamer27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Mastergamer27
Member since 2007 • 582 Posts
I'm Supporting it, this would be a definite buy for me. Can't wait for this game.
kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 kenakuma
Member since 2007 • 3462 Posts
im sure some ones mentioned this but why dosent ninty take a shot at making a fps? it dosent have to use the mario characters but it could use brand new original nintendo characters! and the game would have a freindly feel vs a dark one so it would appeal to more of the wii audience but still have solid good game play!
legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 legend26
Member since 2007 • 16010 Posts
im fullly supporting it
MrSoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MrSoda
Member since 2007 • 84 Posts
yes, I will.
bobdood99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 bobdood99
Member since 2007 • 1862 Posts
I'm going to need to wait for a review... Until then, good luck to the Conduit teamDS_fan_atic
alexandreps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 alexandreps3
Member since 2007 • 67 Posts
I'm not a nintendo fan yet, but I completely support The Conduit, even if it's not my type of fps, but this game looks awesome anyway.