Will Jeff be missed here (Remember 8.8) ??

• 119 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

---n00b_kid---

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ---n00b_kid---
Member since 2007 • 803 Posts

Will you miss Jeff (bearing in mind the infamous score of 8.8 for Zelda: TP for the Wii) ??

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
i don't even know what he looks like or other games he's reviewd... but i know the bad rep he has on this forum i won't miss him because he was never there... in my case
Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Cyber-
Member since 2007 • 4026 Posts

in recent years his reviews, I rarely agreed with them. I lost alot of respect for him, but if he was really willing to stand up to them for the sake of honesty then thats much more important.

I guess I would say I am sad he is leaving because he isleaving for the wrong reason.

PoppyJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PoppyJerk
Member since 2006 • 1221 Posts
Oh damn, he's leaving?? Dude, that sucks!! I really like that dude, he's the dude that game OoT (my favorite game ever!) a 10, the first 10 on the site. And with his 8.8 for TP, even though I didn't agree (I wrote a review and gave it a 9.8) his points were pretty valid. He was an entertaining dude to watch on On The Spot and whatever else. If he's leaving, I'm kinda sad, 'cause that sucks. Is there a link somewhere that I can use to read about this or something?
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts
I wont I just didint like him at all.
Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#6 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
Well, sort of. Though the guy was sort of biased against the Wii he was pretty fun to watch on On The Spot and those other videos on here. I won't really miss him but it's kind of sad that he's leaving
wii60_lukatoll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 wii60_lukatoll
Member since 2007 • 1076 Posts

uhhh no, the only people i will ever miss from a game website is matt and bozon from ign...

and olivia munn :D although she's not from a gaming site justa show

nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts
i don't even know what he looks like or other games he's reviewd... but i know the bad rep he has on this forum i won't miss him because he was never there... in my caseZumaJones07
AHA!!i fell into your old sig but not htis time MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! (i was actually falling for it till i saw your avatar :P)
andrewkozis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#9 andrewkozis
Member since 2005 • 3336 Posts
yes ill miss him
murat8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 murat8
Member since 2006 • 10362 Posts
Well I dont read reviews one GS so no I will not miss him I didn't even know his name till I saw 1 of the 1000's of topics about him on SystemWars
Rev3nger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Rev3nger
Member since 2006 • 1127 Posts

[QUOTE="ZumaJones07"]i don't even know what he looks like or other games he's reviewd... but i know the bad rep he has on this forum i won't miss him because he was never there... in my casenintendo-4life
AHA!!i fell into your old sig but not htis time MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! (i was actually falling for it till i saw your avatar :P)

Well, this time it's true.

nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendo-4life"][QUOTE="ZumaJones07"]i don't even know what he looks like or other games he's reviewd... but i know the bad rep he has on this forum i won't miss him because he was never there... in my caseRev3nger

Well, this time it's true.

AHA!!! i know you're trying to trick me so no i'm not clicking that link MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
Luwker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 Luwker
Member since 2007 • 1288 Posts
I can't say i'm happy he's leaving, especially with the circumstances, but I am that glad that never again will I have to read a Wii review of his
Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
deactivated-64ba3ebd35404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
Member since 2004 • 7590 Posts

He was a terrible reviewer who gave low scores to Wii games in order to get hits but the way he got fired, if true, is saddening.

And it also means I'll never buy Kane and Lynch. I was planning on picking up the PC version but now? No way.

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts
I will miss him.
EmilioDigsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 EmilioDigsIt
Member since 2005 • 4391 Posts

i don't even know what he looks like or other games he's reviewd... but i know the bad rep he has on this forum i won't miss him because he was never there... in my caseZumaJones07

oh, you bastard...
*speaking of sig

Sucks him being fired for a "that" reason, but I rarely agree with his reviews.

movin_target

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17 movin_target
Member since 2005 • 3412 Posts
Yeah ill miss him.
But im not gonna hate him just because of "ZOMG TEH 8.8!!!!!"
MegaSonicZX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MegaSonicZX
Member since 2007 • 811 Posts
Look at my sig.
LOLhahaDEAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#19 LOLhahaDEAD
Member since 2006 • 4431 Posts
Yeah. He was one of the few good reviewers left here.
Rhetorix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Rhetorix
Member since 2003 • 208 Posts
I think he had the only reviews worth reading on the site actually. I think his TP review was spot on if not a .2 too high, although he overrated Halo 3 by a ton. Anyway yes, as a good reviewer he will be missed.
Death_Razor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Death_Razor
Member since 2006 • 388 Posts

Yeah. He was one of the few good reviewers left here.LOLhahaDEAD

I agree at 100% and he was fun to watch at On The Spot

anyway i hope he goes to IGN or something like that.

LOLhahaDEAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#22 LOLhahaDEAD
Member since 2006 • 4431 Posts

[QUOTE="LOLhahaDEAD"]Yeah. He was one of the few good reviewers left here.Death_Razor

I agree at 100% and he was fun to watch at On The Spot

Yeah he was. Now that I think about, who's gonna write the music for Gamespot's live events now? *Thinks of Player's Ball*

alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts
What happened to him anyway??
theokguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 theokguy
Member since 2005 • 287 Posts
Aron Thomas should of left hes the bad reviewer! honestly. If the mods want to give me a warning go a head because un like ign bozon and Matt when see stuff like this where if we think they say something wrong and we cures on the fourm, at lest they talk about on there pod cast and explain why. To me u guys here on gamespot are cowards.
Cutekitten6_18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Cutekitten6_18
Member since 2005 • 22640 Posts
Yea. I generally liked his reviews. Sure certain things he did i didn't agree with.. but he has a funny personallity. I enjoyed seeing him in videos too. Its a shame he's gone cause of doing nothing wrong.
Melchezdek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Melchezdek
Member since 2005 • 306 Posts
Sorry this maybe a stupid question because I know who Jeff is but what happened to him?
JAB991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#27 JAB991
Member since 2007 • 6077 Posts
I did disagree with his reviews a lot of the time, but the reason for his firing is wrong. His terribly-Xbox biased attituted should have been what got him fired. Do we know for sure that Kane and Lycnh's review is what got him fired or is it possible his overall badness at reviewing is what did it for him?
Melchezdek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Melchezdek
So no one knows what got him fired because I sure dont.
Scythes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Scythes777
Member since 2006 • 2796 Posts
i think i might but TP deserved an 8.8....it really wasnt as good as any other 3d zelda game and wasnt revolutionary like the others
JAB991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 JAB991
Member since 2007 • 6077 Posts

So no one knows what got him fired because I sure dont.Melchezdek

What I read (and this may be compeletly incorrect) is that he gave Kane and Lynch: Dead Men and unfavorable review. The game is heavily advertised at GameSpot so because the game basically pays GameSpot and Jeff still gave it a bad review, he got fired. Again, I can't say for sure that this is right, but it's only what I've heard.

linkoot98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 linkoot98
Member since 2005 • 583 Posts
I remember Jeff giving OoT a 10, not TP an 8.8, because really TP didn't show us what the wii could do - - it was more Nintendo's horrible way to appease hardcore gamers wants with their new console - - get Twilight Princess on the gamecube, where it belongs. Sorry crummy rant, but Jeff never bought into bribes and always spoke his mind across ALL platforms, I'll miss Jeff (sentimental sigh).
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
Hell no, I won't miss him. :|
linkoot98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 linkoot98
Member since 2005 • 583 Posts
Hell no, I won't miss him. :|Duckman5
Comes from the waluigi fan ahaha! jkjk. :O
zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 zaku101
Member since 2005 • 4641 Posts

8.8 for Zelda: TP that's a really good score. If it was the same ratting system we have now it would be a 9.0. But I didn't think this Zelda was as good as the others and felt boring less the half way through

TopBossUltra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TopBossUltra
Member since 2006 • 144 Posts

Maybe you guys don't realize an 8.8 out of 10 is incredibly high. It's not your fault though I guess. All the game sites basically review on a 7-10 scale, so I guess they tought you to think an 8.8 was bad.

I think Jeff was one of the few reviewers who tried to give scores the way that scores should be given, and I will definitely miss him.

By the way, Jeff gave Kane & Lynch a 6.0. Afterwords Eidos pulled hundreds of thousands of dollars in future advertising from the site. Gamespot fired Jeff because he was costing them money. So, I guess gamespot doesn't care to lie to us and tell us a game is good (which leads to us wasting our money) as long as they still get their precious money.

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
Of course I will miss him. He kept On The Spot together after Rich left. Now who knows how that show will turn out.
nightevilblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 nightevilblack
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
i wont i really don't care
Melchezdek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Melchezdek
Hey the industry is about money in order to keep a business going I mean you have people who totaly ignore reviews to find out for themselves if its crap or not and most stores has return policies anyway so if you beat it in time or don't like it before the date of being able to return it then you got your money back. We are gamers looking from the outside in, don't know how much money Edios is paying GS to advertise their product on thier site I probably do the same if I am going to lose endurcements.
mattyftm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mattyftm
Member since 2005 • 7306 Posts
I think Jeff was great - but whether you like him or not is besides the point. This ultimately leaves gamespot the most unreliable games site ever. ANY game that is advertising on the site is going to get a high review in the future because the reviewer wants to keep their job.
Melchezdek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Melchezdek
Most online game sites are unreliable in game review to me, the most reliable source I think its fair in reviewing games is Game Informer Magizine been subscribe to them since I was 7 years old and now I am 20 and they pretty much on point with their reviews on games cause they give the ups and downs of the game and tell you that if you are a fan of the genre then still check it out.
santiagochile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 santiagochile
Member since 2005 • 1717 Posts

Maybe you guys don't realize an 8.8 out of 10 is incredibly high.

TopBossUltra

Speak for yourself. I think it's a decent score, even good, but incredibly high, no! A 10 is incredibly high, not an 8.8. Actually I don't think the Wii version of Zelda deserved a 9 because it was just a cheap port with tacked on motion controls. It was a Gamecube game. The Gamecube version deserved a 9.0 or a 9.5.

sdcazares1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 sdcazares1980
Member since 2002 • 309 Posts

This 8.8 business is getting old. Yeah, it may seem like a low score for a Zelda game, but the scale was based on the old version model of Gameplay, Graphics, Sound, Value, and Tilt ratings that added up to the score of such. Had he used the current, latest one, he would've given it at least a 9.0

I'm not sure if Jeff really did get fired. So far his Staff Emblem remains. But if it is true based on what I hear, especially his Kane & Lynch review, man I don't know what to say other than I don't want to get banned from this website. From what I've heard the game was just bad, or at least disappointing. Anyone other outside reviewer would tell you this.It would be Gamespot's greatest shame if they did fire Jeff because of that.

NECR0CHILD313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 NECR0CHILD313
Member since 2006 • 7025 Posts
I wasn't the biggest fan of Jeff but nobody should be canned for an honest review. I saw the video and he went out of his way to talk about the game's few upsides, whether or not Eidos pumped money into the site shouldn't be a factor at all.
sdcazares1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 sdcazares1980
Member since 2002 • 309 Posts
What's really sad is that he has worked for this organization for over 10 years now. To see him just go even if people did like Kane & Lynch is just really sad.
TopBossUltra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TopBossUltra
Member since 2006 • 144 Posts

I think Jeff was great - but whether you like him or not is besides the point. This ultimately leaves gamespot the most unreliable games site ever. ANY game that is advertising on the site is going to get a high review in the future because the reviewer wants to keep their job.mattyftm

Exactly.

Sk8nNotH8n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Sk8nNotH8n
Member since 2006 • 1519 Posts

*takes a look at sig*

Yes, his firing was unjust. If jeff can get fired... whos to say nobody else will? And if Alex N. goes, I go.

2good2betrue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#47 2good2betrue
Member since 2006 • 7791 Posts

but if he was really willing to stand up to them for the sake of honesty then thats much more important.

I guess I would say I am sad he is leaving because he isleaving for the wrong reason.

Cyber-

thats why im gonna miss him

MxM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#48 MxM
Member since 2002 • 1064 Posts

IT IS NOT ABAOUT JEFF!

It is about why he was fired. I will not miss Jeff, but I will miss GS where reviewers could post there opinions independent from whether particular game advertise on GS or not.

Avatar image for Console_Gamer93
Console_Gamer93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#49 Console_Gamer93
Member since 2007 • 2712 Posts

Will i miss him...not really. Am I happy he's gone....no. I agree with people who said he's gone for the wrong reason. I did however hate watching any Wii-related video with him in it. It looked like he tried purposely to make the Wii look boring/dull.

Maybe Gamespot should get 2-3 people to review major titles that way you get a few different perspectives.

Mattinc2k6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Mattinc2k6
Member since 2005 • 163 Posts

I thought that 8.8 was a perfect score for Twilight Princess. To me, it just seemed to lack the "oomph" that other Zelda games had(OoT, MM). Jeff was simply giving his personal view on the game. He didn't have to give it a 10/10 like other reviewers were doing for no real reason. Besides, a score of 8.8 is still great.

I will definitely miss Jeff. On the Spot just won't be as entertaining to me now.