Will Jeff be missed here (Remember 8.8) ??

• 119 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Homer39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Homer39
Member since 2007 • 185 Posts
what happend to him?
leo363636

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 leo363636
Member since 2005 • 127 Posts
I will miss him because he was on G4 at one time, I can't remember why, but he made me feel like the channel was back in the good ol' days.... Thanks for those few sweet moments of recollection.
Homer39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Homer39
never mind. i think its stupid that you can get fierd for expressing your opinion. i watched the video review on youtube and i agree with jeff on this one the game looked terrible and broken. i will miss jeff.
f8al13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#104 f8al13
Member since 2006 • 878 Posts

Oh damn, he's leaving?? Dude, that sucks!! I really like that dude, he's the dude that game OoT (my favorite game ever!) a 10, the first 10 on the site. And with his 8.8 for TP, even though I didn't agree (I wrote a review and gave it a 9.8) his points were pretty valid. He was an entertaining dude to watch on On The Spot and whatever else. If he's leaving, I'm kinda sad, 'cause that sucks. Is there a link somewhere that I can use to read about this or something?PoppyJerk

Well he's leaving because he gave Kane and Lynch a 6.0.

wiiguyftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#105 wiiguyftw
Member since 2007 • 154 Posts
i wont miss him
Homer39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Homer39
im sick of all the people who hate on jeff because of the review he gave TP. its been a year, get over it.
BigBeast227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 BigBeast227
Member since 2004 • 288 Posts
I never really saw why people got so upset over an 8.8. I realize that people love the Zelda franchise and we have come to expect more from games, especially with this generation of consoles, but I have heard nothing but good things about this game and will undoubtedly pick it up when I get my Wii. Basically, an 8.8 is a "great" score and who cares what a reviewer has to say.
Avatar image for decepticondevil
decepticondevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#108 decepticondevil
Member since 2003 • 3607 Posts
I think its more the fact that he shat all over TP for being like it's predecessors, then hailed Halo 3 for the exact same thing. It's not the score, its the double-standard.
Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#109 Cyber-
Member since 2007 • 4026 Posts

I think its more the fact that he shat all over TP for being like it's predecessors, then hailed Halo 3 for the exact same thing. It's not the score, its the double-standard.decepticondevil

nailed it

TDLlama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 TDLlama
Member since 2006 • 2779 Posts
I'll remember the 10.0 he gave Ocarina of Time. I'll miss his reviews. I might disagree with him on TP, but it's one review... I didn't lose any sleep over it.
BigBeast227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 BigBeast227
Member since 2004 • 288 Posts

I think its more the fact that he shat all over TP for being like it's predecessors, then hailed Halo 3 for the exact same thing. It's not the score, its the double-standard.decepticondevil

Oh, gotcha. That is infuriating, but it happens all the time in game reviews. I am not condoning it, but it seems to be a rampant problem in this industry.

daviniel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#112 daviniel
Member since 2006 • 187 Posts
Yeah, thank god for IGN.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#113 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
I did disagree with the review of Twilight Princess but thats only one review. It did dissapoint me with the review. He will be missed.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#114 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

He was the only one who scored Zelda as it should have been scored.

For that alone you know he could be trusted.

As for the Halo/Zelda remark up there it's completely incorrect. Halo 3 was part of a story arc that needed all of it's pieces tied together so it's a good job that you're able to keep the flow.

In Zelda each game is it's own separate entity. That means there's no long drawn out story that needs to be carried over and no reason why one should mimic another.

XBASX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 XBASX
Member since 2003 • 643 Posts

8.8 is an awesome score and the game deserved what it got. The people here at Gamespot are not to be seen like dictators, meaning that only their opinion caunts and everybody has to agree with it.

As a long time Zelda fan I loved TP but it wasn't worth a 9 to me. TP tends to be like OOT but tries to hard and failed at some points.

Jeff will be missed.

njdevil2350

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 njdevil2350
Member since 2003 • 73 Posts

As for the Halo/Zelda remark up there it's completely incorrect. Halo 3 was part of a story arc that needed all of it's pieces tied together so it's a good job that you're able to keep the flow.

In Zelda each game is it's own separate entity. That means there's no long drawn out story that needs to be carried over and no reason why one should mimic another.

Jaysonguy

RIGHT ON!

Zelda TP was not that great of a game i think 8.8 was actually a very solid review for it. Compared to Ocarina of time and the originals this game was nothing special. Everyone was just hyped up about it(including me) who camped outside of a best buy for 19 hours to get a wii and twilight princess and expected a perfect 10 review. Mario galaxy is 20x better than twilight princess could ever dream of and Jeff of course received extreme criticism for his "OMG 8.8 SUX" review. As for halo i also think the storyline was very weak, but the multiplayer is phenominal. We will miss you jeff!

mattyftm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 mattyftm
Member since 2005 • 7306 Posts

Jaysonguy

We have a winner!!!

Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Cyber-
Member since 2007 • 4026 Posts

8.8 is an awesome score and the game deserved what it got. The people here at Gamespot are not to be seen like dictators, meaning that only their opinion caunts and everybody has to agree with it.

As a long time Zelda fan I loved TP but it wasn't worth a 9 to me. TP tends to be like OOT but tries to hard and failed at some points.

Jeff will be missed.

XBASX

as much as I like Halo 3 being part of a story arc has nothing to do with adding almost nothing new to the gameplay. They made both human and alien factions more symetric in equipment, meaning they made it possible to have hum flying ships, they have the elephant which is like the alien scarab, and stuff like that. They added some new weapons and that was about it. It was almost akin to a Counter Strike upgrade. Now the game definitely deserved an AAA but you have to be consistant LoZ:TP may not have such a tightly connected story but thta means nothing when they still had the same kind of "sequal" jump not to mentiont he fact that the IR was particularly better for Arrows, Hook shot and things like that.

TP made more advancements to its previous installment than Halo 3 did to Halo 2. Yes TP was not as good as OoT but it was still good enough to deserve am AAA esp when Halo 3 had the same mistake but even more noticeable.

AdRock92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 AdRock92
Member since 2007 • 1616 Posts
Of course I'll miss him. He was the funniest person at Gamespot IMO. Do you think I won't miss him just becauseone review that was just a few tenths points off from what I thought the game deserved? Of course not, Jeff was awesome.