Wii U Info and Discussion Thread - (Lots of Games, Pics and Vids!)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

awakeningland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 awakeningland
Member since 2012 • 104 Posts
[QUOTE="Sepewrath"]AC on the Wii U should be great. I was blown away by the Scribblenauts stage demo, it looks amazing. I'm looking forward to seeing how many Nintendo Easter Eggs they have in there beyond the Tanooki Suit. Haziqonfire
I'm debating getting AC3 on Wii U or just getting it on the 360. Chances are I can't wait for the Wii U launch so it'll probably be 360 but we'll see lol.

That was my thought this morning. Definitely getting a Wii U, can I afford to wait for the best version or will I wuss out and just get it on PS3?
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Hey people. Anyone with 360/PS3 thinking of getting their multiplat games on WiiU? Do we think the extra power/graphics/tablet controller will improve games as compared to the other consoles?
[QUOTE="Sepewrath"]AC on the Wii U should be great. I was blown away by the Scribblenauts stage demo, it looks amazing. I'm looking forward to seeing how many Nintendo Easter Eggs they have in there beyond the Tanooki Suit. Haziqonfire
I'm debating getting AC3 on Wii U or just getting it on the 360. Chances are I can't wait for the Wii U launch so it'll probably be 360 but we'll see lol.

Mr mod. Seeing as you mention 360, I hope it's ok for me to ask this on the Wii/WiiU forum?
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#53 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
It's okay to me lol.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
I'm probably going to get AC3, Darksiders II and Colonial Marines on the Wii U.
JollyGreenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 JollyGreenOne
Member since 2011 • 1001 Posts

Hey people. Anyone with 360/PS3 thinking of getting their multiplat games on WiiU? Do we think the extra power/graphics/tablet controller will improve games as compared to the other consoles?locopatho
I'll probably buy most of my multiplatform games for Wii U now.

Whether those games are better on the Wii U depends on the developer. I can imagine games like Trine 2, Scribblenauts Unlimited and CastleStorm being better on Wii U because they all seem to depend on quick touch based interfaces, but for games like Assassin's Creed 3, Colonial Marines, Arkham City, Darksiders 2 and Mass Effect 3 it's unknown at this point if Wii U specific features will actually improve these games.

I'm sure we'll see a lot of maps and menus on the GamePad, which shouldn't hurt any of the games, but I don't think that clean HUDs alone will be a big enough improvement for some. It's completely up to developers to think of unique and useful ways to use the GamePad, their ability to do that will determine how much of an improvement the multiplat games are.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Sepewrath
Well as long as they don't force in any unnecessary gimmicks to make a version worse, not making any sweeping improvements doesn't hurt my chances of getting a game on the Wii U.
JollyGreenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 JollyGreenOne

Well as long as they don't force in any unnecessary gimmicks to make a version worse, not making any sweeping improvements doesn't hurt my chances of getting a game on the Wii U. Sepewrath
I agree.

As long as developers don't go overboard there shouldn't be many reasons against getting the Wii U version of a multiplatform game. I think Batman: Arkham City is a good example of trying to use the GamePad in some useful and unique ways (Bat-gel, Radar/Map, Batarang, Menus), but it also may be going a little overboard (Detective mode).

Developers will need to learn how to strike a good balance, because not every game will benefit from some the Wii U's features (just like how some games don't benefit from excessive motion control).

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#58 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

I heard they may have made the CPU and GPU better in the WiiU, but I will confirm this once I find proof.

GamerEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59 GamerEye
Member since 2011 • 1607 Posts

I can't wait!

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 super600  Moderator

The WiiU's GPU may be based off of this gpu

http://www.nintengen.com/2012/07/speculation-wii-us-gpu-based-on-amd.html

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

I have absolutely zero excitement about the console or any games for it so far :( NSMB looks ok but nothing I feel I would need to have over NSMB Wii, and Pikmin is fun but im not a big fan and its the type of game I would wait to get until its $20. So far all of the implementations of the gamepad look fairly bad, even from Nintendo who usually comes up with really cool ways to use their own stuff. Hopefully Retro and Monolith Soft come out with something that makes it a must have, because at this point they're the only ones who could push me to buy the console :P

Also, fantastic thread as usually Jolly, you're a great contributer and I hope you're on the forums for a long time to come!

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 super600  Moderator

More info about the WiiU's CPU has released.Take these specs with a grain of salt.

http://wiiudaily.com/2012/07/wii-u-specs-rumors-resurface/

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 locopatho

I have absolutely zero excitement about the console or any games for it so far :( NSMB looks ok but nothing I feel I would need to have over NSMB Wii, and Pikmin is fun but im not a big fan and its the type of game I would wait to get until its $20. So far all of the implementations of the gamepad look fairly bad, even from Nintendo who usually comes up with really cool ways to use their own stuff. Hopefully Retro and Monolith Soft come out with something that makes it a must have, because at this point they're the only ones who could push me to buy the console :P

Also, fantastic thread as usually Jolly, you're a great contributer and I hope you're on the forums for a long time to come!

WreckEm711
I'm a little bit like you, but I was not very happy with the Wii and how it turned out, so that may be colouring my views somewhat. As soon as I see a HD Zelda/Metroid/F Zero, I'll get a hype boner :P Oh, and for gods sake, NEW FIRE EMBLEM! It's PERFECT for the WiiU! Though maybe give us an updated version rather the same old formula... cough *please just rip off Valkyria Chronicles* cough cough...
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
[QUOTE="locopatho"] I'm a little bit like you, but I was not very happy with the Wii and how it turned out, so that may be colouring my views somewhat. As soon as I see a HD Zelda/Metroid/F Zero, I'll get a hype boner :P Oh, and for gods sake, NEW FIRE EMBLEM! It's PERFECT for the WiiU! Though maybe give us an updated version rather the same old formula... cough *please just rip off Valkyria Chronicles* cough cough...

Meh, touch screen controls would be a pretty mild improvement in Fire Emblem, hopefully developers can find more creative uses for it.
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 WreckEm711

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

locopatho

I'm a little bit like you, but I was not very happy with the Wii and how it turned out, so that may be colouring my views somewhat. As soon as I see a HD Zelda/Metroid/F Zero, I'll get a hype boner :P Oh, and for gods sake, NEW FIRE EMBLEM! It's PERFECT for the WiiU! Though maybe give us an updated version rather the same old formula... cough *please just rip off Valkyria Chronicles* cough cough...

See thats the thing, I LOVED the Wii, its seriously my favorite console ever, but there is nothing there for the Wii U at all :P

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 super600  Moderator

Another port has appeared

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/07/wii-u-version-of-unannounced-aaa-title-could-be-coming-from-local-dev-tantalus/

GamerEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 GamerEye

[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

WreckEm711

See thats the thing, I LOVED the Wii, its seriously my favorite console ever, but there is nothing there for the Wii U at all :P

Don't worry, stuff will come. It's just a matter of when. :P

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Sepewrath
There's a lot of good stuff coming in the launch window.
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
Can't wait till I can preorder make the release feel a lot more real
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#70 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

I LOVED the Wii, its seriously my favorite console ever, but there is nothing there for the Wii U at all :P

WreckEm711

Your opinion is correct.

More correct that the Wii is the console to be most favored as, and correct to the position the Wii U software is.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 WreckEm711

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

I LOVED the Wii, its seriously my favorite console ever, but there is nothing there for the Wii U at all :P

wiifan001

Your opinion is correct.

More correct that the Wii is the console to be most favored as, and correct to the position the Wii U software is.

Yay I finally have a Wiifan-correct opinion :D I do believe it's the first time, I need a badge, GS GET ON THAT! :)

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#72 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

[QUOTE="wiifan001"]

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

WreckEm711

Your opinion is correct.

Yay I finally have a Wiifan-correct opinion :D I do believe it's the first time, I need a badge, GS GET ON THAT! :)

Forgetting about Xenoblade are we? >.>
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 WreckEm711
[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

[QUOTE="wiifan001"]

Your opinion is correct.

wiifan001

Forgetting about Xenoblade are we? >.>

:O Two things! Quick! What do you think of the tablet vs the Wiimote!!
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 super600  Moderator

Another game has appeared and it's from the dev who made sadness.:cry:

http://www.medium-game.com/desktop.php?size=576

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Sepewrath
Ah more vaporware.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 super600  Moderator

Ah more vaporware. Sepewrath

Lol!It would be funny if it ended up being vaporware.:cry:

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#77 GameboyTroy  Online
Member since 2011 • 9730 Posts

Here are some sites where you can get Wii U info from.

http://mynintendonews.com/

http://gonintendo.com/

http://wiiudaily.com/

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 locopatho

super600
Nobody "made" Sadness though...
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 super600  Moderator

[QUOTE="super600"]

locopatho

They did troll everyone who was excited for the game.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Sepewrath
[QUOTE="super600"]

locopatho

Yeah its the same company that made a short video called Sadness :P
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 meetroid8

super600
Nibris? Have they ever actually released a game?
GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 GameboyTroy  Online

The World of Darksiders II Part One: The Kingdom of the Dead

Darksiders II - World Tour (Part Two)

Darksiders II - 'Behind the Mask: Your Death'

http://www.gamespot.com/video/6387195/darksiders-ii-comic-con-2012-stage-demo

Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed gets Euro release date, new trailer

http://comic-con.gamespot.com/video/6386925/buckingham-zombiu-gameplay-video

http://comic-con.gamespot.com/video/6386926/nursery-zombiu-gameplay-video

New ZombiU Footage (Multiplayer)

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Comic-Con stage demo

Injustice Stage Demo - Comic-Con 2012

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 GameboyTroy  Online

Shin'en Multimedia: 'Wii U Is Very Easy To Develop For & Doesn't Have Many Limitations'

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/07/11/shinen-multimedia-wii-u-is-very-easy-to-develop-for-doesnt-have-many-limitations/

http://www.superphillipcentral.com/2012/07/superphillip-interviews-manfred-linzner.html

Official Nintendo Magazine Editor: 'Loads Of Third-Party Stuff Coming To WiiU'

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/07/12/official-nintendo-magazine-editor-loads-of-third-party-stuff-coming-to-wii-u/

New Third-Party Wii U Games To Be Shown In The Fall

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/07/12/new-third-party-wii-u-games-to-be-shown-in-the-fall/

Comic-Con: Wii U Demos You Have To See

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/07/13/comic-con-the-wii-u-demos-you-have-to-see

Nintendo Enthusiast go hands-on with the Wii U

http://www.nintendoenthusiast.com/nintendo-wii-u-impressions-nintendo-enthusiast/

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 super600  Moderator

Okay so just learned something about the WiiU's CPU.It can't handle unoptimized code from current gen consoles, but it can handle code from next gen consoles and optimized code from current gen consoles.

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#85 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

Okay so just learned something about the WiiU's CPU.It can't handle unoptimized code from current gen consoles, but it can handle code from next gen consoles and optimized code from current gen consoles.

super600

A source would be nice, and what?

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 super600  Moderator

[QUOTE="super600"]

Gamingclone

A source would be nice, and what?

It came from this thread on neogaf.I'm not 100% sure if this is correct.It may be hard ot find were it's discussed.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=477686&page=161

Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#87 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts

[QUOTE="super600"]

meetroid8

Nibris? Have they ever actually released a game?

They released something for the DS as I recall. Raid Over the River I believe it was called, and it was some Galaga style shooter.

JollyGreenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 JollyGreenOne

WreckEm711

Thanks, WreckEm! If it weren't for you and other great gamespot users; I probably wouldn't be a user here today. So I also hope you guys are on the forums for a long time to come! :D

@GameboyTroy

Thanks for all the links, Gameboy! I've added some of the videos to the first page.

~Section Updates~

Note: In each game section the newest videos are at the top, and the oldest are at the bottom.

- Added a Little Inferno section to the thread

- Added a Mighty Switch Force! HD section to the thread

- Added new Comic-Con 2012 pics and vids to the Zombi U section

- Added 1 new high quality video to the Pikmin 3 section

- Added 1 video to the Project P-100 section

- Added 1 new video to the Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed section

If I missed any new official trailers or high quality videos let me know.

I'm debating whether or not I should add this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ioO6xRAa_c) gameplay video to the Pikmin 3 section, because the person playing clearly knows what they're doing. But there are already a few videos of this same area in Pikmin 3's video section, and I don't want to eventually end up with a bunch of videos of one area.

~Recent News~

Shin'en teases new Wii U game, says Nintendo/Retro Wii games in HD would look better than many current titles:

1808684721_fabab83592.jpg?v=0

Nintendo could re-release the best Wii games on Wii U and they'd still be better than many modern titles. That's the word from Shin'en developer Manfred Linzner who is enjoying working with Nintendo's new console.

Linzner, who worked on the WiiWare game Jett Rocket, told Official Nintendo Magazine that Wii U is a great console for developers.

"The Wii U hardware has a great architecture and, most importantly, it is easy for developers to utilise its power," said Linzner.

"For instance, we have a very action-heavy game with literally thousands of animated objects, but had no problems rendering the complete gameworld, twice, for the Wii U controller display in two-player mode."

However, in addition to creating new titles, Linzner believes that Nintendo could also have results if the company was to re-release Wii games for Wii U.

"You could easily take many original Wii titles from Retro Studios or Nintendo and release them again in HD and they would look and play better than many current titles. I believe that the most important resource in game development is the developers, rather than the actual hardware."

I agree. But I'd much rather see new HD games from Nintendo and Retro. I wonder what Shin'en's Wii U game is like? It sounds interesting to me.

SOURCE:

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/39686/hd-wii-games-would-look-and-play-better-on-wii-u-than-many-current-titles-dev/

Gearbox 'really likes' Wii U, thinks Borderlands 2 would work well on the system:

0rybf.jpg

"We really like the Wii U. I think it's a really cool platform. I like what they're doing - obviously with the touchscreen - and it will be interesting to see what Microsoft do with their approach to that idea. It's one of those problems of the Wii: the only people who have ever made a lot of money on the Wii is Nintendo. So we're really excited to bring Aliens: Colonial Marines to it. And we're going to do a wait and see approach, our publisher 2K is going to see whether they're going to go with that.

If Borderlands 2 was on the Wii U, the thing I would be most excited about is inventory management: it would be amazing on that, it would just be fantastic. And I think the artwork would look really good, with the way they can deal with the resolutions and textures, I think it's a really good console." - Gearbox co-founder and Chief Creative Officer Brian Martel

It sounds like their future support depends on how well Aliens: Colonial Marines does...:?

SOURCE:

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=181393

Shigeru Miyamoto says Metroid would benefit from Wii U's Controller, would like to see StarFox on Wii U:

Starfox_Metroid_Fusion.png

What two Nintendo series does Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto want to see on the Wii U? Metroid and StarFox, according to an IGN interview.

"With Metroid it's very easy to imagine some interesting implementation for Wii U," Miyamoto said to IGN. "I think that having another screen with the gyro built in really gives you a lot of interesting opportunities for development, and we can bring a lot of our games to life in a completely unique way with that."

While Metroid is a series that Miyamoto thinks would benefit from the Wii U controller from an objective standpoint, the one he'd like to see most on the system personally is StarFox. However, he didn't share any thoughts regarding what a potential StarFox game on Wii U would be like.

Both could turn out to be great Wii U games if handled by the right development team.

SOURCE:

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/07/06/metroid-would-benefit-from-wii-u-controller-says-nintendos-miyamoto/

Mass Effect 3 for Wii U will have Extended Cut content on disc:

Untitled.png

While Bioware wouldn't say too much about the Wii U version of Mass Effect 3, we got confirmation that the Extended Cut will be part of the package. "The extended ending is basically going to be part of the game instead," Michael Gamble, producer of the Mass Effect series said to Siliconera. "You won't have to download it."

SOURCE:

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/07/16/mass-effect-3-for-wii-u-will-have-extended-cut-content-on-disc/

Nintendo open to "Unprecedented" third-party partnerships for Wii U:

P100_87125_640screen.jpg

At an analyst Q&A session following Nintendo's E3 media briefing last week, company president, Satoru Iwata, fielded a range of questions pertaining to both the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U, and Nintendo's plans for both devices. During the Q&A, one analyst asked if Nintendo planned on using their considerable financial resources to secure exclusive third-party games for the Wii U.

"While Nintendo is not entirely opposed to exploring that option, I don't think it would be an appropriate course of action for Nintendo to get into a battle with a company like Microsoft over the cost or the expense of trying to go head to head in a situation to try to obtain exclusive rights," Iwata stated in reply to this query.

However, Iwata continued, Nintendo would be willing to work very closely with third-party developers who came up with unique ways to use the Wii U.

"However, now we have a totally new device, the Wii U GamePad," Iwata pointed out. "If a third-party developer or publisher has come up with an idea of a potentially very unique use of the Wii U functionality with such a device, there is a high possibility that Nintendo will be a partner with that third party in an unprecedented manner (thereby reducing their development risk significantly). I do intend to work hard so that next year you will not criticize Nintendo's use of its resources."

Nintendo has been teaming up with a lot of third-party companies lately. I wonder who they'll partner with next?

SOURCE:

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/06/13/nintendo-open-to-unprecedented-third-party-partnerships-for-wii-u/

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Gamingclone

Great update Jolly!

GamerEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 GamerEye

Good job Jolly.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 meetroid8

Good job Jolly.

GamerEye
Jolly job Jolly.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 locopatho
Random question: Nintendo made a big deal about family watching TV while you continue to play on the screen. But how will this work for a game like ZombieU? What's gonna happen to the pad specific stuff when you turn off the main TV screen? Will every WiiU game have to be playable on just one screen, to allow for that "Parents watching TV while kids play" scenario? And will that in turn limit how much pad screen functions there are? Just some thoughts!
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 meetroid8
[QUOTE="locopatho"]Random question: Nintendo made a big deal about family watching TV while you continue to play on the screen. But how will this work for a game like ZombieU? What's gonna happen to the pad specific stuff when you turn off the main TV screen? Will every WiiU game have to be playable on just one screen, to allow for that "Parents watching TV while kids play" scenario? And will that in turn limit how much pad screen functions there are? Just some thoughts!

Perhaps while using the tablet as a standalone screen you will able to switch between what would normally be on the tv and what would be on the tablet. But it seems like a feature that only the simplest games will be able to take advantage of.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 locopatho
[QUOTE="meetroid8"][QUOTE="locopatho"]Random question: Nintendo made a big deal about family watching TV while you continue to play on the screen. But how will this work for a game like ZombieU? What's gonna happen to the pad specific stuff when you turn off the main TV screen? Will every WiiU game have to be playable on just one screen, to allow for that "Parents watching TV while kids play" scenario? And will that in turn limit how much pad screen functions there are? Just some thoughts!

Perhaps while using the tablet as a standalone screen you will able to switch between what would normally be on the tv and what would be on the tablet. But it seems like a feature that only the simplest games will be able to take advantage of.

Yeah, I mean if you are holding the tablet up as a scanner or whatever, how would that replicated on the one screen? Hope some games just say "Requires both screens" rather then trying to make it all mush onto one screen.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 super600  Moderator

Accordiong to someone that went to a WiiU event the resolutions for assasincreed 3 and batman are now 1080P

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Gamingclone

Accordiong to someone that went to a WiiU event the resolutions for assasincreed 3 and batman are now 1080P

super600

That would be nice, but I doubt it.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 super600  Moderator

[QUOTE="super600"]

Gamingclone

That would be nice, but I doubt it.

The person saw how nice Batman looked now and both games are now on a new build.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 GameboyTroy  Online

What do you think of the ZombiU Multiplayer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HN6HnH1gOrk

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 super600  Moderator

Here's the link.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/63483225

The games may be not rendering at 1080P natively.

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Gamingclone

Here's the link.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/63483225

The games may be not rendering at 1080P natively.

super600

Ah, on an unrelated note, your gif is cute. lol.