Wii Speak for COD 4 has been confirmed

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pices

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Pices
Member since 2005 • 3910 Posts

YES !

A welcomed feature, I say

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 psychobrew
Member since 2008 • 8888 Posts
Don't get your hopes up. One of the developers is active in the Gamefaqs board and said he had no idea where this came from.
fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#3 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts

That's great news, not enough games use Wii Speak.

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#4 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
I wouldn't get my hopes up on this, It's still just a rumor.
HipYoungster42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 HipYoungster42
Member since 2009 • 1892 Posts

Hmm, well apparently many people here are sayin' that it's a mere rumor, and not actually officially confirmed. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a rumor, seein' as how they previously said they would not support Wii Speak.

If it is true, though, that's a welcome feature. I wonder what they mean by "no-headset required".:shock:

Avatar image for Javieralijandro
Javieralijandro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Javieralijandro
Member since 2009 • 2667 Posts
Sweet i didnt like Cod4 on ps3, so mayb the control scheme will change my mind of wii. Does wii speak work with ranom people?
dstv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dstv
Member since 2007 • 1384 Posts
id rather use a regular headset than wii speak....and besides since when was using a mic during online gaming a new thing
Pices

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Pices
id rather use a regular headset than wii speak....and besides since when was using a mic during online gaming a new thingdstv
Oh yeah, its a good idea to use a headset with a cord dangling down my pants and it makes you look like a total nerd. It also drains power from your controller. Its not a new thing, just a great feature to use.
SoraX64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 SoraX64
Member since 2008 • 29221 Posts
Too bad Wii Speak doesn't work all that great...
Pices

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Pices
Too bad Wii Speak doesn't work all that great...SoraX64
How come? The voice quality is great
dstv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dstv
Member since 2007 • 1384 Posts
its called a wireless headset...and id rather talk into one than speak into a large microphone
Wii_Gamer_277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Wii_Gamer_277
Member since 2009 • 1795 Posts
Game still looks like a garbage cash In :?
Avatar image for EpiphoneMan2008
EpiphoneMan2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 EpiphoneMan2008
Member since 2009 • 7169 Posts
[QUOTE="SoraX64"]Too bad Wii Speak doesn't work all that great...Pices
How come? The voice quality is great

Mine is bad too..... It just doesnt pick up my voice and its delayed too much
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

Oh great :| , if that's true, now I can listen to some perverts while I play the game. I hope it's a feature that can be turned off and you can hear the already placed voice commands.

deleterguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 deleterguy
Member since 2005 • 1827 Posts

Oh great :| , if that's true, now I can listen to some perverts while I play the game. I hope it's a feature that can be turned off and you can hear the already placed voice commands.

nini200
Seriously, perverts?
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

Does wii speak work with ranom people? Javieralijandro

No, never.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nini200

[QUOTE="nini200"]

deleterguy

Seriously, perverts?

You know some people only use voice chatting to get on people's nerves by being perverted and such.

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 goblaa

[QUOTE="deleterguy"][QUOTE="nini200"]

nini200

Seriously, perverts?

You know some people only use voice chatting to get on people's nerves by being perverted and such.

Except that's not an issue on wii since you can only chat with people you know in real life.

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

Game still looks like a garbage cash In :?Wii_Gamer_277

so COD4 on other consoles is garbage? this is the same game with worse graphics. that is all.

same online, same DLC, same everything but 480p bad graphics

Sure, they could've done MW2 but they didn't

i don't see how a port of an AAA game with great online is garbage when it still holds up well today (only 2 years ago) just because it has worse graphics

that shouldn't break COD. COD is liked for how it plays and its online modes. graphics are nice, but shouldn't break anything gameplay-wise

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 nini200

[QUOTE="nini200"]

[QUOTE="deleterguy"] Seriously, perverts?goblaa

Except that's not an issue on wii since you can only chat with people you know in real life.

Now I have nothing against WiiSpeak, it's just the random Voice Chatting annoyances out there. When it's just with the people you know then I guess it can work. By all means implement it, I just want the option to listen to the people playingor listen to the game's voice actors.

Pices

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Pices
[QUOTE="nini200"]

[QUOTE="goblaa"]

[QUOTE="nini200"]

Now I have nothing against WiiSpeak, it's just the random Voice Chatting annoyances out there. When it's just with the people you know then I guess it can work. By all means implement it, I just want the option to listen to the people playingor listen to the game's voice actors.

Ofcourse, there will be such an option, I mean The Conduit had it
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#22 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

I hope all those features are true and if they are,it might be a solid FPS for Wii.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#23 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts
[QUOTE="goblaa"]

[QUOTE="nini200"]

Seriously, perverts?deleterguy

actually thats not at all true , its called yahoo ,messenger /etc do you know them in real life of course not!
90xGrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 90xGrad
Member since 2009 • 528 Posts

wii speak would be a nice option, but whether it is included or not would not factor in on whether i would purchase the game or not.

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 goblaa

[QUOTE="goblaa"]

[QUOTE="nini200"]

mariokart64fan

actually thats not at all true , its called yahoo ,messenger /etc do you know them in real life of course not!

Do you talk to people you don't know on instant messanger who call you racist or profane things?

Bambii12633

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#26 Bambii12633
Member since 2009 • 1270 Posts

trust me this is false info

Avatar image for EpiphoneMan2008
EpiphoneMan2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28 EpiphoneMan2008
Member since 2009 • 7169 Posts
I think its false as well
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#29 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
It won't happen since it's a good idea. Fake.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 nini200

[QUOTE="mariokart64fan"][QUOTE="goblaa"]

goblaa

Do you talk to people you don't know on instant messanger who call you racist or profane things?

I have, not sure about him, that's one reason I am not into online Voice Chat but if it's an option to turn it off then why not?

snipe12388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 snipe12388
Member since 2008 • 442 Posts
Who's developing this game? Is it Infinity Ward? ...Didn't think so. So why does it have the logo at the bottom of the screenshot?
AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#32 AmayaPapaya
Member since 2008 • 9029 Posts

Stinky Trash jst became less stinky trash.

JohnBean42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 JohnBean42
Member since 2008 • 2810 Posts

I think it's false. But even if it's true, it won't be enough for me to get the game.

Hoodstock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 Hoodstock
Member since 2008 • 2050 Posts

I think this is a hoax, but if it happens and doesn't downgrade any other part of the game then it would be cool.

kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 kenakuma
Member since 2007 • 3462 Posts

Meh, I tried wii speak once, dosent work half as well as a head set so I opted out of getting it, plus the support for it is just awfull to warrant its price!

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
Wasn't it confirmed that Wii Speak wasn't in the game already.
Rob0_Jesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Rob0_Jesus
Member since 2009 • 552 Posts

[QUOTE="dstv"]id rather use a regular headset than wii speak....and besides since when was using a mic during online gaming a new thingPices
Oh yeah, its a good idea to use a headset with a cord dangling down my pants and it makes you look like a total nerd. It also drains power from your controller. Its not a new thing, just a great feature to use.

Dude, where have you been? We have these things called wireless headsets now. :lol:

NinjaDuckling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 NinjaDuckling
Member since 2009 • 965 Posts
It won't happen since it's a good idea. Fake.OreoMilkshake
I like your logic, I really do.
Travixxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Travixxx
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
IT TRUE...IREAD IT IN OFFICIAL ACTIVISION
Pices

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Pices

[QUOTE="Pices"][QUOTE="dstv"]id rather use a regular headset than wii speak....and besides since when was using a mic during online gaming a new thingRob0_Jesus

Dude, where have you been? We have these things called wireless headsets now. :lol:

Ya, but since MS doesn't like third parties to make this stuff for their console, you have to buy their expensive $49.99 headset.
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts
[QUOTE="dstv"]id rather use a regular headset than wii speak....and besides since when was using a mic during online gaming a new thingPices

huh? There are wireless headsets you know. Headset > WiiSpeak any day. Doesnt the Wii have bluetooth? If true, wouldnt it be easy for Nintendo to allow bluetooth headsets to be connected? Even if it doesnt have bluetooth, WiiSpeak is a joke.
Pices

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Pices
[QUOTE="Pices"][QUOTE="dstv"]id rather use a regular headset than wii speak....and besides since when was using a mic during online gaming a new thingTjeremiah1988

huh? There are wireless headsets you know. Headset > WiiSpeak any day. Doesnt the Wii have bluetooth? If true, wouldnt it be easy for Nintendo to allow bluetooth headsets to be connected? Even if it doesnt have bluetooth, WiiSpeak is a joke.

Check the very post before you. That is your opinion, I prefer Wiispeak. Now be quiet, this is becoming like in System Wars
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 nini200

Wasn't it confirmed that Wii Speak wasn't in the game already.Sepewrath

That's what I thought already too but I guess it can be added still.

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Tjeremiah1988

[QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"][QUOTE="Pices"] Oh yeah, its a good idea to use a headset with a cord dangling down my pants and it makes you look like a total nerd. It also drains power from your controller. Its not a new thing, just a great feature to use.Pices

Check the very post before you. That is your opinion, I prefer Wiispeak. Now be quiet, this is becoming like in System Wars

Now be quiet, WTF? :| I replied to you to give my opinion, dont tell me to be quiet :| If you dont like people replying to you, gtfo a message board :| SystemWars, we are still talking about the Wii ! :|

Pices

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Pices

[QUOTE="Pices"][QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"] huh? There are wireless headsets you know. Headset > WiiSpeak any day. Doesnt the Wii have bluetooth? If true, wouldnt it be easy for Nintendo to allow bluetooth headsets to be connected? Even if it doesnt have bluetooth, WiiSpeak is a joke. Tjeremiah1988

Now be quiet, WTF? :| I replied to you to give my opinion, dont tell me to be quiet :| If you dont like people replying to you, gtfo a message board :| SystemWars, we are still talking about the Wii ! :|

I told you to be quiet so that you don't get moderated (trust me , been there) , you're comparing the headset/mics of the companies, that is System Wars material. Watch your language, my friend. Sorry for the misunderstanding, no need to get mad.
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Tjeremiah1988

[QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"]

[QUOTE="Pices"] Check the very post before you. That is your opinion, I prefer Wiispeak. Now be quiet, this is becoming like in System WarsPices

I see. I told you to be quiet so that you don't get moderated (trust me , been there) , you're comparing the headset/mics of the companies, that is System Wars material. Watch your language, my friend. Sorry for the misunderstanding, no need to get mad.

I see.

kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 kenakuma
Member since 2007 • 3462 Posts

[QUOTE="Rob0_Jesus"]

[QUOTE="Pices"] Oh yeah, its a good idea to use a headset with a cord dangling down my pants and it makes you look like a total nerd. It also drains power from your controller. Its not a new thing, just a great feature to use.Pices

Ya, but since MS doesn't like third parties to make this stuff for their console, you have to buy their expensive $49.99 headset.

Eh, you might be right if your refering to wireless headsets, but the way you replied is kinda misleading!

Any wired headset is compatible with the 360, ANY! That way you dont even need to worry about 3rd party support as you can find a decent wired headset for like $5 bucks or if you have one for your cell phone you can just use that!

This makes voice chat waaaaaay more easier and cheaper on the 360 than the wii!

And as for the whole "wire" looking nerdy, well thats just waaaaay to silly of an argument to even justify with areal response, lol.

Bottomline, I still think wii speak dosent work half as well as a headset and its waaaay to pricey to warrant a purchase with having SUPER weak compatibilty with games compared to voice chat on other plaforms!

Pices

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Pices
[QUOTE="kenakuma"]

[QUOTE="Pices"][QUOTE="Rob0_Jesus"]

Eh, you might be right if your refering to wireless headsets, but the way you replied is kinda misleading!

Any wired headset is compatible with the 360, ANY! That way you dont even need to worry about 3rd party support as you can find a decent wired headset for like $5 bucks or if you have one for your cell phone you can just use that!

This makes voice chat waaaaaay more easier and cheaper on the 360 than the wii!

And as for the whole "wire" looking nerdy, well thats just waaaaay to silly of an argument to even justify with areal response, lol.

Bottomline, I still think wii speak dosent work half as well as a headset and its waaaay to pricey to warrant a purchase with having SUPER weak compatibilty with games compared to voice chat on other plaforms!

Well, I prefer to sit and relax while nothing is touching me and chat with my friends. And I keep the Wii speak close
Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

lol

unless someone's head is in the way (bottom left of the picture) in the link you provided... it says Infinity Ward. Why would their name be associated?

plus, I don't see what the big deal is. If it's included, fine..... if not... fine. Chat is honestly not that big of a deal...

it gets rather annoying imo.

intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 intro94
Member since 2006 • 2623 Posts
[QUOTE="danger_ranger95"]

lol

unless someone's head is in the way (bottom left of the picture) in the link you provided... it says Infinity Ward. Why would their name be associated?

plus, I don't see what the big deal is. If it's included, fine..... if not... fine. Chat is honestly not that big of a deal...

it gets rather annoying imo.

is because IW made the original game, not Treyarch.When a game is ported, the credit due is to the original team as well as the port team.Not just the port team.The other reason is because the main event was about MW2. COD4 was made by IW, not Treyarch. This is not like COD WAW which was made AND ported by Treyarch. On the Wiispeak argument, is not a big deal to me. But i feel uncomfortable with headsets over long periods of time. Wiispeak is somewhat more free for me.