The Off-Topic Lounge: V.8.5

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Hungry_Homer111
Hungry_Homer111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#201 Hungry_Homer111
Member since 2005 • 22479 Posts
Forgot to mention that I got a $25 gift card for amazon.com for Christmas. I used that, along with some other money I had in my gift balance to get Sin & Punishment 2, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, and The Legendary Starfy for just over $55. Also ordered the Game & Watch Collection from Club Nintendo. I know it's supposed to be a pretty bare-bones collection, but hey, a game is still a game. :P
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#202 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Forgot to mention that I got a $25 gift card for amazon.com for Christmas. I used that, along with some other money I had in my gift balance to get Sin & Punishment 2, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, and The Legendary Starfy for just over $55. Also ordered the Game & Watch Collection from Club Nintendo. I know it's supposed to be a pretty bare-bones collection, but hey, a game is still a game. :PHungry_Homer111

I enjoyed the Game and Watch collection, I'm saving up for the second

Hungry_Homer111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 Hungry_Homer111

Hope I like it too. I mean, I'm keeping my expectations reasonable, since the games were G&W games so they obviously won't be the most impressive games on the DS, but I hope I like them for what they are. Now that I've gotten that, I'm either going to save up for one of the DS Lite card and stylus sets (for convenience sake, if I want to take the DS on trips, with a bunch of games), probably the Animal Crossing one, or the second G&W game if I enjoy the first one enough. I was thinking about the Kirby patches, and I may still get them if they're still around by the time I get those other things (as long as nothing else is added which I'd be interested in), but honestly, those two things take priority over a few patches, as much as I like their designs.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#204 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

I've never had so much of a hassle with a gift return..... My brother got me DKCR and got my dad How To Train Your Dragon, both of which we already own, so I took them back to Target and got a gift card for them (which was also a hassle, actually). I wanted to get Sonic Colors and he wanted National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, but both were out of stock in the store.

So I just checked Target.com and found Christmas Vacation no problem but Sonic Colors doesn't even exist in their database.... Nothing else really looks appealing, and even the one suggestion I considered from Haziq was out of stock both online and in-store. I was also thinking about Yoshi's Island DS per Jason's recommendation and that isn't in their database either......

:x

bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#205 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts

I've never had so much of a hassle with a gift return..... My brother got me DKCR and got my dad How To Train Your Dragon, both of which we already own, so I took them back to Target and got a gift card for them (which was also a hassle, actually). I wanted to get Sonic Colors and he wanted National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, but both were out of stock in the store.

So I just checked Target.com and found Christmas Vacation no problem but Sonic Colors doesn't even exist in their database.... Nothing else really looks appealing, and even the one suggestion I considered from Haziq was out of stock both online and in-store. I was also thinking about Yoshi's Island DS per Jason's recommendation and that isn't in their database either......

:x

JordanElek
Do you have Layton 3? How about AC Brotherhood? Fluidity (WiiWare)? Mario vs DK?
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#206 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
I still say save it for Dead Space 2, it comes out next month anyway.
commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

I still say save it for Dead Space 2, it comes out next month anyway.Haziqonfire

Dead Space is gonna be sick. I played through the first one 4 times lol. And the beta was fantastic :D I think Dead Space 2 will be a strong contender for GOTY next year for me.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]I still say save it for Dead Space 2, it comes out next month anyway.commonfate

Dead Space is gonna be sick. I played through the first one 4 times lol. And the beta was fantastic :D I think Dead Space 2 will be a strong contender for GOTY next year for me.

Ok, I need to look into Dead Space. I don't even know what kind of game it is or anything. When we were talking about the ME2 demo last week the Dead Space 2 demo was said to be amazing. I've heard of the games and know nothing about them. I downloaded the Dead Space2 demo but haven't played it yet. Wasn't there a Wii Dead Space game that people complained about it being on-rails??
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 roboccs

So I just watched the original Dead Space review.... holy crap that game looks awesome! Whata creepy atmosphere. I never really played survival horror games other than part of RE4 which I really liked but didn't have the time to finish it. Might be worth looking into playing the original if I like the DS2 demo.

One of the reasons I love coming to this forum so much is reading your discussions on games that I would never consider.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 JordanElek

Do you have Layton 3? How about AC Brotherhood? Fluidity (WiiWare)? Mario vs DK?bob_newman
Have it, have it, played the demo but not interested, have it.
I still say save it for Dead Space 2, it comes out next month anyway.Haziqonfire
But I feel like that won't be a Christmas present from my brother at that point! My imagination can only go so far.... It can handle getting a game that my brother COULD have gotten me for Christmas, but DS2 would be stretching it beyond its limits....

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 Jaysonguy

I fixed the issue with EVO's HTTP streaming!

WOO HOO!

Now I have streaming media back on the phone which is one of the reasons I got the phone in the first place

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 commonfate

[QUOTE="commonfate"]

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]I still say save it for Dead Space 2, it comes out next month anyway.roboccs

Ok, I need to look into Dead Space. I don't even know what kind of game it is or anything. When we were talking about the ME2 demo last week the Dead Space 2 demo was said to be amazing. I've heard of the games and know nothing about them. I downloaded the Dead Space2 demo but haven't played it yet. Wasn't there a Wii Dead Space game that people complained about it being on-rails??

The on rails shooter game for the Wii actually won best game no one played a few years ago.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 commonfate

So I just watched the original Dead Space review.... holy crap that game looks awesome! Whata creepy atmosphere. I never really played survival horror games other than part of RE4 which I really liked but didn't have the time to finish it. Might be worth looking into playing the original if I like the DS2 demo.

One of the reasons I love coming to this forum so much is reading your discussions on games that I would never consider.

roboccs

Yeah I hate zombie/survival horror games in general except for Resident Evil 4 and 5 (4 was better) and Dead Space. They're so good. The original is only 20 bucks now and well worth at least one playthrough. I myself was skeptical about it when I first got it but after one hour I knew I loved it.

Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts
It annoys me that I can only have one title at a time in my gamefly queue if I want to be sure I'm getting it.
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
It annoys me that I can only have one title at a time in my gamefly queue if I want to be sure I'm getting it.Head_of_games
thats what i love about netflix. i almost always get #1. unless its incredibly popular and just came out.
commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 commonfate

Alright done with Oracle of Ages, and I have both codes for Seasons and Ages saved so I can do the bonus playthrough and get all the extra items plus the extra boss.

But I think I will save those for later and just continue Link's Awakening DX. I never played the extra dungeon before on Awakening. Is it a complete dungeon or is it just an extra boss like Ages/Seasons?

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 haziqonfire
I need to start getting back into playing the DS. I have Pokemon SoulSilver, Dragon Quest IX, Castlevania: Order of Ecclessia, Final Fantasy IV and Professor Layton and The Curious Village all available to me and will probably get some more games in March. I don't know what it is but I get tired of a handheld game really quick, even though I know the DS has a fantastic library.
commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 commonfate

I need to start getting back into playing the DS. I have Pokemon SoulSilver, Dragon Quest IX, Castlevania: Order of Ecclessia, Final Fantasy IV and Professor Layton and The Curious Village all available to me and will probably get some more games in March. I don't know what it is but I get tired of a handheld game really quick, even though I know the DS has a fantastic library.Haziqonfire

You know if you don't want that DS you can send it to me :P

I'm really looking forward to getting a DS though soon.

bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts

[QUOTE="bob_newman"]Do you have Layton 3? How about AC Brotherhood? Fluidity (WiiWare)? Mario vs DK?JordanElek

Picross 3D? NHL 11? Kirby? Alan Wake?

Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts

Braid is finished. I am speechless. What the hell.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 JordanElek

[QUOTE="JordanElek"]

[QUOTE="bob_newman"]Do you have Layton 3? How about AC Brotherhood? Fluidity (WiiWare)? Mario vs DK?bob_newman

The Picross demo was fun but I'm not in the mood for something like that. My brother has NHL 11 and I'll only play it with him at his house anyway. Kirby is mine already and Alan Wake is a there's-nothing-else-to-play-right-now-but-I-remember-this-game-from-a-couple-years-ago game, like Too Human was for me. Thanks for the suggestions, though. I get just as much pleasure from shooting them down as I would have if one of them had been acceptable. :)

Someone here suggested Darksiders awhile ago and I just listened to Giant Bomb's first-day deliberations for GOTY stuff, and they talked a lot about Darksiders and how anyone who likes Zelda should play it. That's $40 at Target so I think I'll do that unless someone stops me before the night is over.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 starwarsjunky
i absolutely love torchlight. especially the fact that i now have a permanent spider as a pet :D
snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#223 snowman6251
Member since 2006 • 5321 Posts
WoW is evil. They won't let me level my rogue past level 80 on the free trial killing my original play plan so me and a friend ended up making goblins which we plan to power level up to 80 within the trial. We will succeed. We're 3 days into the 10 day trial and we're level 43. We are highly efficient in our questing. Its kind of cool to see the way the world has changed but I can tell I'm hooked again. It's kind of terrible.
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 roboccs

Ok, so I ordered Dragon Age on Monday morning at around 7:30am and since i hadsome money left on a gift card, I chose expedited shipping. The "store" I bought the game from shipped it out the same morning which is awesome. I wonder if they would have shipped it out immediately like that if I hadn't chosen exdedited shipping. Anyways, is it crazy to hope that the game will show up in my mailbox today or tomorrow?? I feel like Ralphie from "A Christmas Story" waiting for his Little Orphan Annie Decorder.

Also, I will be making a nice large batch of chicken soup shortly. Nothing better on a cold Michigan day. It also makes the house smell really good!

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 Jaysonguy

Haz, going on a trip

Jordan, taking your advice from last night

See you guys when I get back

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 starwarsjunky

Haz, going on a trip

Jaysonguy
where you going, jim?
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 JordanElek

Haz, going on a trip

Jaysonguy
Good luck. :)
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 roboccs
[QUOTE="JordanElek"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Haz, going on a trip

Good luck. :)

Sounds like a woman situation... Could also be a family type situation as well. Either way, good luck sir!!
commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 commonfate

Ok, so I ordered Dragon Age on Monday morning at around 7:30am and since i hadsome money left on a gift card, I chose expedited shipping. The "store" I bought the game from shipped it out the same morning which is awesome. I wonder if they would have shipped it out immediately like that if I hadn't chosen exdedited shipping. Anyways, is it crazy to hope that the game will show up in my mailbox today or tomorrow?? I feel like Ralphie from "A Christmas Story" waiting for his Little Orphan Annie Decorder.

Also, I will be making a nice large batch of chicken soup shortly. Nothing better on a cold Michigan day. It also makes the house smell really good!

roboccs

You ordered from Amazon? Yeah you should expect it today, at the latest tomorrow.

I remember one time I chose that free 5 business days shipping thing and for whatever reason I ended up getting it in 3, :D

_BlueDuck_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 _BlueDuck_
Member since 2003 • 11986 Posts

[QUOTE="bob_newman"]

[QUOTE="JordanElek"] Have it, have it, played the demo but not interested, have it.

JordanElek

The Picross demo was fun but I'm not in the mood for something like that. My brother has NHL 11 and I'll only play it with him at his house anyway. Kirby is mine already and Alan Wake is a there's-nothing-else-to-play-right-now-but-I-remember-this-game-from-a-couple-years-ago game, like Too Human was for me. Thanks for the suggestions, though. I get just as much pleasure from shooting them down as I would have if one of them had been acceptable. :)

Someone here suggested Darksiders awhile ago and I just listened to Giant Bomb's first-day deliberations for GOTY stuff, and they talked a lot about Darksiders and how anyone who likes Zelda should play it. That's $40 at Target so I think I'll do that unless someone stops me before the night is over.

Nnnnnnoooooooooo!

I have a hard hate-on for this game.

It's not a bad game by any means. I'm just a bit bitter I payed full price for it when it first came out, and while it's pretty solid and takes material from really good games, not a single one of the aspects the game borrows is done as well as in their source material. So while it all works, I found the whole time playing game I was just saying "Oh, Zelda did this much better, oh, God of War did this much better" and so on.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 haziqonfire
Good luck Jason! Hey Bob, any recommendations on more rap artists to listen to? I just checked out The Root's CD from this year ( How I Got Over) and I'm liking it. I also got some Jay-Z stuff earlier. Anything you'd think I'd like?
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#232 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

_BlueDuck_

I read this so very, very incorrectly the first time.

_BlueDuck_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 _BlueDuck_
Member since 2003 • 11986 Posts

[QUOTE="_BlueDuck_"]

GabuEx

I read this so very, very incorrectly the first time.

It certainly crossed my mind that someone would, haha.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 JordanElek

Nnnnnnoooooooooo!

It's not a bad game by any means. I'm just a bit bitter I payed full price for it when it first came out, and while it's pretty solid and takes material from really good games, not a single one of the aspects the game borrows is done as well as in their source material. So while it all works, I found the whole time playing game I was just saying "Oh, Zelda did this much better, oh, God of War did this much better" and so on.

_BlueDuck_

Well I ordered it for $15 from Amazon with free shipping (thanks to Jason's eye) last night, so the deal is done. I played through most of the demo this morning. It only covers the first dungeon, and the Zelda structure is obviously there. I'm just curious to see what the rest of the game is like outside of dungeons. I have pretty low expectations, so we'll see.

And after listening to more of Giant Bomb's GOTY deliberations, I really should play Mass Effect 2.

And I'd recommend that everyone listen to those deliberations because it's awesome to see how sites come up with their GOTY winners and nominees. Yesterday's podcast featured an entire hour of debate about whether the Minerva's Den DLC for Bioshock 2 or the Shadow Broker DLC for Mass Effect 2 should win the Best Downloadable Add-on category. And there was one "oh yeah, the Wii exists!" moment that made me laugh.

Hungry_Homer111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 Hungry_Homer111
I've unlocked the final challenge in Retro Game Challenge. So far, I've really enjoyed the game. Each individual game was well made and fun in their own way (though I could have gone without Rally King SP, since it's just a copy and paste version of the original). With a few exceptions, the challenges were all fun, with a few throwaway challenges and a couple annoying ones. I like all the little touches in some of the game, that could make going back to replay the games and perfect your skills in them that much better. Though there are a few problems I have with the games, particularly when it comes to this final challenge. For starters, the fact that you have to beat some games twice in order to completely finish them. And while it may sound like a silly complaint, I don't care for the fact that you have to get first place in Rally King and SP in order to beat them. Obviously it's good for a challenge, but that's the kind of thing that I'd rather go back and try to do sometime after beating the game, which would give it some more replay value. But, either way, I still really like this game, and once again feel the need to state my disappointment and frustration about the fact that the sequel won't be released in the US. I would love to see what they did with the games in that one.
commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 commonfate

My third game Zelda game in a row. So much awesomeness and it's not going to stop. I've been toying around with audio and video software. I think I'm going to start up a youtube gaming channel for fun, in a few weeks or so. Just gotta learn the ropes and experiment.

snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 snowman6251
Watch this. Seriously. Watch it. Do it now. They drop jello in front of a high speed camera and its freaking amazing.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 GabuEx

Watch this. Seriously. Watch it. Do it now.

They drop jello in front of a high speed camera and its freaking amazing.snowman6251

Daaaaamn, that was awesome. I love high-speed cameras.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 commonfate

[QUOTE="snowman6251"] Watch this. Seriously. Watch it. Do it now.

They drop jello in front of a high speed camera and its freaking amazing.GabuEx

Daaaaamn, that was awesome. I love high-speed cameras.

I want that camera...

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 roboccs

Man, I'm chomping at the bit here. I have a good feeling that Dragon Age will be delivered to me today through the mail. I went out and checked when I took the dog out earlier and no mail had arrived so I figured the mail lady was running late. Then, we had some furniture delivered and it took them forever to finish the job because of a few issues... I look outside, and they were parked RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE MAILBOX!! So if the mail lady drove by during the delivery then she would have likely driven right by my house until tomorrow :( .

But alas, I can wait one more day because I would not be too upset if I had to play KOTOR tonight. I was able to start working a little later today but was up early so I played it for awhile and I could have just played it allllllll day.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 roboccs

Nevermind! Just saw the mail lady drive by, must be running really late today. I'll go check in a bit.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 commonfate

Man, I'm chomping at the bit here. I have a good feeling that Dragon Age will be delivered to me today through the mail. I went out and checked when I took the dog out earlier and no mail had arrived so I figured the mail lady was running late. Then, we had some furniture delivered and it took them forever to finish the job because of a few issues... I look outside, and they were parked RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE MAILBOX!! So if the mail lady drove by during the delivery then she would have likely driven right by my house until tomorrow :( .

But alas, I can wait one more day because I would not be too upset if I had to play KOTOR tonight. I was able to start working a little later today but was up early so I played it for awhile and I could have just played it allllllll day.

roboccs

You just have bad luck with mail...

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 roboccs

Hey Commonfate, I feel like I see you all over the place. This off-topic and the FFvXIII off-topic which are the main 2 places here I post and there you are.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 haziqonfire
After dealing with changing my schedule for Winter 2011, I finally got into the class section I wanted for my liberal studies class (Philosophy and Film). I have two classes per day on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. I have Wednesdays and Fridays off. w00t. The worst day for me is going to be Monday's ... five hour breaks, because my professionally related liberal class (Multimedia in Business) is an evening-only class. At least I can kill time with my girlfriend for a bit or do some work on my laptop.
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 roboccs
After dealing with changing my schedule for Winter 2011, I finally got into the class section I wanted for my liberal studies class (Philosophy and Film). I have two classes per day on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. I have Wednesdays and Fridays off. w00t. The worst day for me is going to be Monday's ... five hour breaks, because my professionally related liberal class (Multimedia in Business) is an evening-only class. At least I can kill time with my girlfriend for a bit or do some work on my laptop.Haziqonfire
Very good schedule. I always tried to have Fridays be easy days. There were a few times when I had at least one day of the week with nothing or maybe another day with only one class. Add weekends to the mix and there was no excuse not to do good in class AND have time to have a little fun as well. College was awesome.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 haziqonfire
Yeah I usually try to get a day off. I had one day off last semester but I had to go to my University to meet my group for a project, so boo lol.
commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 commonfate

Hey Commonfate, I feel like I see you all over the place. This off-topic and the FFvXIII off-topic which are the main 2 places here I post and there you are.

roboccs

Yeah I'm here and there. Once school starts back up my posting will slow down. I don't even know why I like posting in lounges where I don't even own the system of the lounge. Haha.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 commonfate

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]After dealing with changing my schedule for Winter 2011, I finally got into the class section I wanted for my liberal studies class (Philosophy and Film). I have two classes per day on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. I have Wednesdays and Fridays off. w00t. The worst day for me is going to be Monday's ... five hour breaks, because my professionally related liberal class (Multimedia in Business) is an evening-only class. At least I can kill time with my girlfriend for a bit or do some work on my laptop.roboccs
Very good schedule. I always tried to have Fridays be easy days. There were a few times when I had at least one day of the week with nothing or maybe another day with only one class. Add weekends to the mix and there was no excuse not to do good in class AND have time to have a little fun as well. College was awesome.

I have to say I may never have as good of a schedule as next semester. I'm in class from 10:00 to 1:00 every day plus an online work-on-your-own time thing. I think that is kickass schedule :P

snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 snowman6251
I only have one class monday and wednesday and none on friday. My schedule wins.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 GabuEx

I only have one class monday and wednesday and none on friday. My schedule wins.snowman6251

Slow down there, you'll work yourself to death at that rate. :P