The Off Topic Lounge: Wara Wara OTiiverse Plaza Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

young80s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2201 young80s
Member since 2009 • 184 Posts
[QUOTE="thedude-"]

Anyone else dig the idea of a 5th player controlling the GamePad in SSBU where he is like a juggernaut/boss player against for regularly controlled smashers? I raised this idea on IGN forums. Really hope some sort of 5th controller idea is used like this in SSBU!

meetroid8
Why not just five player royales?

They could do both. Have 5 player fights. It'd be cool and a decent gimmick if they let you play as lets say, MasterHand on the gamepad.
thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2202 thedude-
Member since 2009 • 2369 Posts
[QUOTE="thedude-"]

Anyone else dig the idea of a 5th player controlling the GamePad in SSBU where he is like a juggernaut/boss player against for regularly controlled smashers? I raised this idea on IGN forums. Really hope some sort of 5th controller idea is used like this in SSBU!

meetroid8
Why not just five player royales?

Could be too hectic or taxing on the hardware, but a 5th god like player would fit like a glove in the series and be a huge addition. Not to mention actually take advantage of the controller in a significant way. You simply couldn't recreate that sort of player interaction on another system.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2203 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

I'm home from PAX

I had the wind knocked out of me early on, instead of running away or caving in I did what I do and rebounded quite well.

If anyone is interested they can PM me or wait to read the link I'll throw out here.

Besides that PAX was great, I have a great set of friends, and I'm going where I want to in life

Also my birthday was Sept 6th and you're all horrible people for not saying anything, so no sprinkles or hot fudge on any sundae you make this week

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2204 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts

I'm home from PAX

I had the wind knocked out of me early on, instead of running away or caving in I did what I do and rebounded quite well.

If anyone is interested they can PM me or wait to read the link I'll throw out here.

Besides that PAX was great, I have a great set of friends, and I'm going where I want to in life

Also my birthday was Sept 6th and you're all horrible people for not saying anything, so no sprinkles or hot fudge on any sundae you make this week

Jaysonguy
hear anything about the job? and you didn't say happy birthday to me either :( but i'll be the bigger man here and say happy late birthday, at least :P
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2205 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts
Nice work Jason. Glad to see you overcame. Happy late birthday as well! You excited for the Pats to start or are you now following the Seahawks? :P
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2206 roboccs
The Lions tried giving the game to the Vikings and they still won!! When all was said and done, it was a dominating performance!! It's nice to be on the positive side of a game like that for once!!
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2208 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Jordan is having a birthday today

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2209 roboccs
Happy Birfday Jordan
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2210 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

It wasn't the best birthday.

But the WiiU made a different noise at me when I turned it on and there was confetti and all the Miis ran at me like they were going to hug me but didn't.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2212 starwarsjunky
happy day after your birthday! :P
TxTech1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2213 TxTech1923
Member since 2013 • 662 Posts
Happy early/current/late birthday to everyone I missed, been busy lately, hope y'all had good days :)
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2215 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts

But the WiiU made a different noise at me when I turned it on and there was confetti and all the Miis ran at me like they were going to hug me but didn't.

JordanElek
I said happy birthday on your FB... so it must've been the best birthday ever.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2216 JordanElek
[QUOTE="JordanElek"]

bob_newman
I said happy birthday on your FB... so it must've been the best birthday ever.

That did make me happy.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2217 JordanElek

The length of the credits in Rayman Legends confirms it's an Ubisoft game.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2218 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

JordanElek
Can you skip it at least?
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2219 JordanElek

[QUOTE="JordanElek"]

Haziqonfire

Can you skip it at least?

Maybe, but I didn't want to miss the cliffhanger scene after the credits, MR. PRESIDENT. *gasp*

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#2220 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

I paid the very last $5 of my $50 steam wallet card on Brutal Legend. This happens just 15 days later. I couldn't wait 15 freekin days...

On the positive, I'll finally have a stealth game that isn't splinter cell and I'm interested in Trine 2 as well.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2221 roboccs
Hey Wreck, I see your Red Raiders have a big game tonight against TCU. Think they have a shot to pull the upset?
TxTech1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2222 TxTech1923
Hey Wreck, I see your Red Raiders have a big game tonight against TCU. Think they have a shot to pull the upset?roboccs
Not to sound cocky, but if we won I wouldn't really call it an upset, TCU has a good team but they've fallen victim to worse media overhyping than WVU did last offseason. And with their starting QB and a few other key players out, they're not at full steam as anticipated. Still, their defense gives them a shot to hang with anyone, should be an exciting game. we've got really good tickets for this one and they're letting all the staff out early so we can go tailgate :D
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2223 JordanElek

I paid the very last $5 of my $50 steam wallet card on Brutal Legend. This happens just 15 days later. I couldn't wait 15 freekin days...

On the positive, I'll finally have a stealth game that isn't splinter cell and I'm interested in Trine 2 as well.

wiifan001

Mark of the Ninja is awesome, but be aware that it'll ruin every other stealth game ever. I've been playing through Dishonored and I really wish the mechanics were of the same caliber as Mark of the Ninja.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2224 roboccs
......they're letting all the staff out early so we can go tailgate :D TxTech1923
That is really awesome actually. Assuming the game is on ESPN or the deuce I'll check in on it while watching the Jets/Patriots. I've grown mad love for the college game over the years but I'm one of those people who will put NFL over it. At least there's good stuff to watch on TV again.
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2225 roboccs
Wow Wreck! Your boys got lucky, that was a fumble with about 3 minutes left. :P Home cookin' indeed!
TxTech1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2226 TxTech1923
Wow Wreck! Your boys got lucky, that was a fumble with about 3 minutes left. :P Home cookin' indeed!roboccs
Eh, payback for the interception that wasn't :P Awesome game to be at, atmosphere was fantastic :D
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2229 roboccs
[QUOTE="roboccs"]Wow Wreck! Your boys got lucky, that was a fumble with about 3 minutes left. :P Home cookin' indeed!TxTech1923
Eh, payback for the interception that wasn't :P Awesome game to be at, atmosphere was fantastic :D

Seemed like a good game. I watched a bit of the 4th since the Pats/Jets was such a snoozer. Still, even with a bunch of no name rookie receivers, Brady still wins... Pretty incredible.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2230 JordanElek

Why do undershirts come in resealable bags?

I took to Google and it gave me dumb answers, including something about firefighters in Florida in 1998?

You guys are smart. I can't figure it out.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2231 starwarsjunky

I took to Google and it gave me dumb answers, including something about firefighters in Florida in 1998?

JordanElek
so you can throw some paint in there, shake it up, and dye them a different color?
young80s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2232 young80s
Member since 2009 • 184 Posts

JordanElek
Probably something like once upon a time it would allow you to try them on and then put them back in.
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2233 roboccs

JordanElek
Duh... So they don't go stale. You wouldn't leave a bag of chips in the cupboard unsealed would you? Who doesn't love a good crisp undershirt?
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2235 haziqonfire
Yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2236 roboccs
Yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!Haziqonfire
Hi
Avatar image for Avatar_Taxidous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2237 Avatar_Taxidous
Member since 2006 • 4407 Posts
Nice avatar Haziq; gotta love Weeknd. I haven't got his new album but "Live For" is a sweet track.
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2238 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
Yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!Haziqonfire
Wazzup!?
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2239 haziqonfire
Nice avatar Haziq; gotta love Weeknd. I haven't got his new album but "Live For" is a sweet track.Avatar_Taxidous
Thanks. I bought it the day it was out, but I had listened to it a week earlier. It's a really good album.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2240 Avatar_Taxidous
[QUOTE="Avatar_Taxidous"]Nice avatar Haziq; gotta love Weeknd. I haven't got his new album but "Live For" is a sweet track.Haziqonfire
Thanks. I bought it the day it was out, but I had listened to it a week earlier. It's a really good album.

I'm more into rap than R&B, so I tend to prefer Weeknd's songs that also have a rapper. I love "The Gifted" (French Montana ft The Weeknd). I'm seriously pumped for Drake's new album.
TxTech1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2241 TxTech1923
WOOO, were the only Texas team (in conferences that actually matter) that won this weekend! And now back into the rankings, good weekend.
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2242 roboccs
Am I the only one who can't stand rap?
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2243 JordanElek

Am I the only one who can't stand rap?roboccs
Nope.

I can appreciate a good rap song, but it's not something I listen to regularly. The terrible rap songs that are out there and too popular totally ruined the genre for me, regardless of how much good stuff there might be.

Plus I'm a musician, and there isn't much instrumental (or vocal) music to appreciate, so there's really nothing there for me at all.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2244 Avatar_Taxidous

Everyone's got their own tastes, no doubt about it. I fell in love with the rap genre a few years ago, largely because of artists like Notorious BIG and Lupe Fiasco. Since then rock and roll pales in comparison for me.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2245 haziqonfire

I'm more into rap than R&B, so I tend to prefer Weeknd's songs that also have a rapper. I love "The Gifted" (French Montana ft The Weeknd). I'm seriously pumped for Drake's new album.Avatar_Taxidous

I'm excited for that too, though I prefer Drake when he's more R&B than when he raps. Take Care was a great album, much better than his debut. 

Am I the only one who can't stand rap?roboccs

Most of the mainstream stuff is terrible. 

I like rappers like J. Cole, Kendrick Lamar, Big K.R.I.T. Kendrick Lamar in particular has proven himself a lot with his debut album. He tells a great story of his hardships living in Compton. He doesn't smoke weed or drink. His lyrics usually always have meaning (see HiiiPower).

Sorry for calling out Drake, but he's a rapper who raps about money, cars & women. I admit some of his songs are catchy and he'll probably always be more popular than Kendrick and be more successful, sales wise. When it comes to lyrics, he's worse, without a doubt. 

Kendrick Lamar is the best in the game right now. I really hope he changes rap for the better. The Weeknd changed the R&B game by introducing really dark and messed up themes based on his life. Plus, he's just a really good performer. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2246 Avatar_Taxidous

[QUOTE="Avatar_Taxidous"]I'm more into rap than R&B, so I tend to prefer Weeknd's songs that also have a rapper. I love "The Gifted" (French Montana ft The Weeknd). I'm seriously pumped for Drake's new album.Haziqonfire
I'm excited for that too, though I prefer Drake when he's more R&B than when he raps. Take Care was a great album, much better than his debut.  

Take Care was epic, and I agree much better than Thank Me Later. He's making us canucks proud, and so is Weeknd.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2247 roboccs
.....and there isn't much instrumental (or vocal) music to appreciate, so there's really nothing there for me at all.JordanElek
This

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2248 Avatar_Taxidous
[QUOTE="JordanElek"].....and there isn't much instrumental (or vocal) music to appreciate, so there's really nothing there for me at all.roboccs
This

lol I was thinking the exact opposite when I read that. There are some awesome instrumental sounds in rap songs, and a wide range of vocals in them too.
TxTech1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2249 TxTech1923

[QUOTE="roboccs"]Am I the only one who can't stand rap?JordanElek

Nope.

I can appreciate a good rap song, but it's not something I listen to regularly. The terrible rap songs that are out there and too popular totally ruined the genre for me, regardless of how much good stuff there might be.

Plus I'm a musician, and there isn't much instrumental (or vocal) music to appreciate, so there's really nothing there for me at all.

Adding my name to the list as well :P
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2250 roboccs
I shouldn't dog the rap music too much. To get an idea of the type of music I like, listen to Pandora Radio online and type in Counting Crows... The music it plays for them is perfect for me :lol: