The 10 free NES titles have been revealed

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShuichiChamp24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ShuichiChamp24
Member since 2009 • 5014 Posts
For Japan at least, so besides the five that were already mentioned the whole list is Super Mario Bros. Donkey Kong Jr. Balloon Fight Ice Climber The Legend of Zelda Wrecking Crew NES Open Tournament Golf (aka Mario Open Golf in Japan) Yoshi Metroid Zelda II: The Adventure of Link http://www.siliconera.com/2011/08/30/nintendo-3ds-ambassadors-get-these-ten-classic-nes-games-for-free/
trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

What is "Yoshi"? Yoshi made his debut on the SNES didn't he?

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Actually I looked into it, it was called "Mario and Yoshi" where I'm from. I had that game on the Game Boy too, it was pretty fun (when I was a kid atleast) :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#4 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

The sad thing is, I had most of these games on my Wii VC for years before I sold it and never ever played them.

It probably won't do much more to entertain me on the 3DS, but they're free so what the heck.

achilles614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 achilles614
Member since 2005 • 5310 Posts
Ouch...The rest of the list doesn't sound very good...
logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

#6 logicalfrank
Member since 2011 • 1686 Posts

Well, they aren't listed on the Nintendo website but assuming it's legit, I'm glad to see Zelda II and Metroid. I still think the NES linup is weak overall w/ too much focus on games that came out early in the life of the system which do not showcase its capabilities very well. Regardless, I should get at least a couple dozen hours of playing time out of these games so I guess that's not bad.

LaytonsCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 LaytonsCat
Member since 2010 • 3652 Posts

Not bad, I've only played about 1/2 of the games.

nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nintendoman562
Member since 2007 • 5593 Posts

I don't understand why they would ever choose Metroid (which is completely broken these days) over the superb Zero Mission.

superfluidity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 superfluidity
Member since 2010 • 2163 Posts

I doubt I'll bother to play most of these, tbh.

fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 fueled-system
Member since 2008 • 6529 Posts

I'd rather have my 80 dollars.... the list seems lacking

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

I don't understand why they would ever choose Metroid (which is completely broken these days) over the superb Zero Mission.

nintendoman562
I agree, pick another game and release zero mission as one of the 10 gba games.
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#12 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
Eh. It's not awful, I guess, although I can see why they didn't bother to announce these ones immediately. I was hoping for Mario 2 or Mario 3.
Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

I really wish I had waited on the 3DS. :(

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

I really wish I had waited on the 3DS. :(

Pixel-Perfect
Most of us do.
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

Eh I probably end up playing a couple of those, but I don't really care much for NES games anymore. Should have been SNES or GB games instead. I hope the GBA list makes up for it.

kerimblue13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kerimblue13
Member since 2007 • 161 Posts

Waaaaaaaaaah, other than Metroid I dont really care for these games. Why would they give us another Zelda game? And why in the world would they give us Golf??? Grrr, but whatever, they are free.

kerimblue13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kerimblue13
Member since 2007 • 161 Posts

Eh I probably end up playing a couple of those, but I don't really care much for NES games anymore. Should have been SNES or GB games instead. I hope the GBA list makes up for it.

Wanderer5
Yup, so true. Wish they were SNES games.
Tunsieon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Tunsieon
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I've played/ own and played eight of the ten games, but I'm still excited none-the-less. Especially Donkey Kong Jr., which I haven't played.
kingjazziephiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 kingjazziephiz
Member since 2006 • 2650 Posts
bleh. i guess im waiting for the GBA games..
resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts

i rather have my 80 dollars

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#21 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

resevl4rlz

They don't owe you $80.

These games will keep me fairly busy for a while until I get a new title.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
^Yeah people are lucky they are getting anything, they didn't owe you anything. Price drops happen, there is no obligation to give anyone something for it.
superfluidity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 superfluidity
Member since 2010 • 2163 Posts

^Yeah people are lucky they are getting anything, they didn't owe you anything. Price drops happen, there is no obligation to give anyone something for it. Sepewrath

Very true, but there are also consequences for angering your core fanbase.

resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 resevl4rlz

[QUOTE="resevl4rlz"]

Haziqonfire

They don't owe you $80.

lol ik some games i like but other i might now so i glad nintendo gave us something

glimpus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#25 glimpus
Member since 2004 • 2306 Posts

i dont know. mario bros, zeldas, balloon fight, donkey kong jr. these are some pretty decent classic nes games. could've been a lot worse.

DustinTheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DustinTheWind
Member since 2002 • 4392 Posts

^Yeah people are lucky they are getting anything, they didn't owe you anything. Price drops happen, there is no obligation to give anyone something for it. Sepewrath

Not within 5 months they don't. Nintendo had a 'right' to drop the price, but we have a right to be pissed off about it (or be happy, or whatever), even if they are giving us some free games.

I'm baffled as to why they'd include golf. Honestly, what percent of ambassadors will care (or even download and play) an NES version of golf? It's almost insulting. At least most of the rest of the list is decent...ish.

resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 resevl4rlz

[QUOTE="Sepewrath"]^Yeah people are lucky they are getting anything, they didn't owe you anything. Price drops happen, there is no obligation to give anyone something for it. DustinTheWind

Not within 5 months they don't. Nintendo had a 'right' to drop the price, but we have a right to be pissed off about it (or be happy, or whatever), even if they are giving us some free games.

I'm baffled as to why they'd include golf. Honestly, what percent of ambassadors will care (or even download and play) an NES version of golf? It's almost insulting. At least most of the rest of the list is decent...ish.

why didnt they choose tetris for nes,

DustinTheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DustinTheWind

[QUOTE="DustinTheWind"]

[QUOTE="Sepewrath"]^Yeah people are lucky they are getting anything, they didn't owe you anything. Price drops happen, there is no obligation to give anyone something for it. resevl4rlz

why didnt they choose tetris for nes,

Would have been 100x better than golf :(
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#29 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

DustinTheWind

People knew that the thing was coming out for $249.99 and they knew what kind of line up was available at launch and the upcoming months. Many people didn't get a 3DS until there was a price drop, they were waiting till more games or a reduced price. If people couldn't wait, I'd say that's their own fault for being upset. I wanted a 3DS the day it came out and I basically got it around launch, regardless of whether it was $249.99 or $169.99 I would've got it anyway.

DustinTheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DustinTheWind

[QUOTE="DustinTheWind"]

Haziqonfire

People knew that the thing was coming out for $249.99 and they knew what kind of line up was available at launch and the upcoming months. Many people didn't get a 3DS until there was a price drop, they were waiting till more games or a reduced price. If people couldn't wait, I'd say that's their own fault for being upset. I wanted a 3DS the day it came out and I basically got it around launch, regardless of whether it was $249.99 or $169.99 I would've got it anyway.

The early adopters were promised things that never came or came late or came in a disappointing way (from the late eshop to the lackluster 3D video to the horrible browser, no Youtube, the music player that you can't hear without headphones, games they made sound like were coming soon, 3rd party support that sounded like it would be game after game....) reducing the price I (personally) would have been willing to pay at launch if I'd known the truth. And again, people who pay full price at launch have an expectation that a system will stay that price for probably at least a year. We know we're paying premium price to have it early, but how many of us would have waited if we'd thought it might be dropped by August? Not many I'd wager.
GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#31 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts
Yep, made a mistake not waiting for the 3DS... $80 or a bunch of games I've already played... ugh..
Mii_ller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Mii_ller
Member since 2011 • 238 Posts

Guys, if your unhappy that you bought your 3DS early, sell your OOT3D soundtrack (if you have it). It must be worth more than $20 or so, so you get some money. the later buyers don't get the chance to get this.

Anyway, the 10NES games aren't overly exciting, don't even know what 1/4 of the games are about, but there free none the less, and should keep me entertained during the fall.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#33 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

[QUOTE="resevl4rlz"]

Haziqonfire

They don't owe you $80.

That's an optimistic way of putting it. :) I approve :P
fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 fueled-system
Member since 2008 • 6529 Posts

[QUOTE="DustinTheWind"]

Haziqonfire

They had a bunch of empty promises and had people hyped for what turned to be a very average handheld. Selling it 80 dollars cheaper only a few months in tells EVERYBODY they were ripping off every single one of us that had the misfortune to buy the hype of promises.

I HAVE EVERY RIGHT to be upset because I bought the product

rapidshot20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 rapidshot20
Member since 2008 • 160 Posts

i dont know. mario bros, zeldas, balloon fight, donkey kong jr. these are some pretty decent classic nes games. could've been a lot worse.

glimpus
I agree, I have always wanted to play these games ever since I played Super Smash Bros.
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#36 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

resevl4rlz
I'd rather have 20 free games of my choosing.
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 JustPlainLucas

Haziqonfire
Yep, it's our fault for trusting in Nintendo. I mean, we all knew that a price drop was coming, in a year or two, not less than six months. Us early adopters just couldn't wait, because we wanted to experience it now, and were hoping better games would come soon. If I honestly knew that Nintendo was going to do this price drop so soon, I could have easily waited less than six months.
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
meh the nes wasn't a great system and the 10 free games proves it its a shame they couldn't get 3rd party games like castlevania series or dreagon warrior/quest
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 JustPlainLucas
meh the nes wasn't a great system and the 10 free games proves it its a shame they couldn't get 3rd party games like castlevania series or dreagon warrior/questelbert_b_23
The NES was a great system.. The 10 free games is proof that Nintendo doesn't know how to make a great list....
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
[QUOTE="elbert_b_23"]meh the nes wasn't a great system and the 10 free games proves it its a shame they couldn't get 3rd party games like castlevania series or dreagon warrior/questJustPlainLucas
The NES was a great system.. The 10 free games is proof that Nintendo doesn't know how to make a great list....

i disagree it was a system with a few great games but most are forgettable you can't blame nintendo that they only have the rights to games they developed and published they have no intention on making the nes VC they have started more then once this is a once thing for now but it may change one day
Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Pixel-Perfect

[QUOTE="resevl4rlz"]

JustPlainLucas

I'd rather have 20 free games of my choosing.

Seriously, when they announced the ambassador program I figured they'd at least give us a few options.

AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 AlmightyDerek
Member since 2002 • 4144 Posts

I guess the list is okay. Personally I was never excited for the NES games as I was never a huge fan of that system. The amazing 5 GBA games they've already announced are worth the price drop for me, especially if the remaining 5 games are decent. For the NES games Golf is the least important to me as I already have a DSi golf game as well as Let's Golf 3D. Super Mario Bros is always good to have and I don't own a copy of Zelda II anymore so I'll take that too. I have Zelda 1 on the Wii but I'm not going to complain about getting that game for free and I've never actually played the original Metroid. Donkey Kong Jr and Yoshi are actually pretty decent and I think I'll like them as handheld titles better than on the Wii. I've never played Balloon Fight, Ice Climbers, or Wrecking Crew and I wouldn't have bought them, but as they are free I think it might be fun to try them, they might be fun.

pacific90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 pacific90
Member since 2010 • 848 Posts

Super Mario 3 and Mario and Luigi: Super Star Saga better be in the GBA games now....

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Pixel-Perfect

I would rather not waste a GBA slot with an NES port. :?

glimpus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 glimpus

Super Mario 3 and Mario and Luigi: Super Star Saga better be in the GBA games now....

pacific90

maybe we can let nintendo know we're not fully happy with the list ? that said, i think the list is alright, and there's no way they could make everyone happy with one list. Hopefully they make up with it with some KILLER GBA games..

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Pixel-Perfect

I guess one of my main problems with this is that since all of these are readily available on the Wii's VC, if I had really wanted them I could have bought them. So two possible outcomes here (assuming you have a Wii I suppose), get a game you didn't care enough to pay for or one you already have in some form. Yay.

glimpus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 glimpus

I guess one of my main problems with this is that since all of these are readily available on the Wii's VC, if I had really wanted them I could have bought them. So two possible outcomes here (assuming you have a Wii I suppose), get a game you didn't care enough to pay for or one you already have in some form. Yay.

Pixel-Perfect

that said, one could easily play these games on their computer, you know. having them as free portable titles is cool with me. i just want the GBA list to be amazing.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

The list is... decent. :?
I would have preferred some non-Nintendo cIassics like Castlevania 1, 2, 3 and Megaman.

LaytonsCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 LaytonsCat
Member since 2010 • 3652 Posts

I would have preferred some non-Nintendo cIassics like Castlevania 1, 2, 3 and Megaman.

ANIMEguy10034

Well thats hardly for Nintendo to give away

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

[QUOTE="ANIMEguy10034"]

LaytonsCat

Well thats hardly for Nintendo to give away

True, reason why I never expected 3rd party titles in the Ambassador program, but I can dream. :P