SSBB-Halo 3. Who agrees with me?

• 78 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lotsabacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 lotsabacon
Member since 2006 • 861 Posts
I think that Nintendo is just waiting for Microsoft to announce when Halo 3 comes out and then Nintendo will announce that SSBB and Mario Galaxy comes out in the same month just for defence against Microsoft and there huge game. Thats what Microsoft did with gears of war. They released it a week before Wii and PS3 came out.

Nintendo just doesn't want a bunch of Nintendo fans to go buy a 360 for Halo 3 and forget all about the Wii. But if Nintendo sets free one of their big games then it will prevent a huge loss of fans.

Am I right?
Avatar image for Viewtiful-GaMeR
Viewtiful-GaMeR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Viewtiful-GaMeR
Member since 2005 • 10789 Posts
I don't think they're concerned with that.
alpax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 alpax
Member since 2006 • 696 Posts
I do not think any one game on any console this year or next year will compete against Halo 3
-1gamemaster1-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 -1gamemaster1-
Member since 2006 • 377 Posts
No, Nintendo just has not predicted when they are going to be done. The game is not even finished yet. It is not like Halo 3 is waiting for SSBB or visa versa. I understand that they are going to be two games that will strike competition.
supersruzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 supersruzz
Member since 2006 • 203 Posts
Nintendo will probably wait till Halo 3 sells its millions before they release a huge Wii title. If they release it at the same time, they will be fighting for sales. But after, Nintendo will have the average gamer's full attention when they release Mario Galaxy and SSB: Brawl.
-1gamemaster1-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 -1gamemaster1-
Anyone who isn't an idiot knows that Halo 3 will trumph any game in sales in the month it's released. It'd be safe Galaxy came out by October (pressuming Halo 3 comes out November) with Brawl coming early December. Optusnet
Ok, if you are going to post something, please make sure you have your information straight. I said thatNintendo just has not predicted when they are going to be done. The game is not even finished yet. It is not like Halo 3 is waiting for SSBB or visa versa. I understand that they are going to be two games that will strike competition.
thegame458

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 thegame458
Member since 2006 • 1326 Posts
I don't think Mario and SSBB would be able to compete with Halo
-1gamemaster1-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 -1gamemaster1-
I do not think any one game on any console this year or next year will compete against Halo 3
alpax
EXACTLY, although some games do make a big difference. GoW, LOZ series, mario series, ect...
Avatar image for jackassnumber20
jackassnumber20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jackassnumber20
Member since 2007 • 271 Posts

I don't think Mario and SSBB would be able to compete with Halothegame458

halo kills them

cyberkyber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 cyberkyber
Member since 2006 • 153 Posts
hey come on mgs4 anyone thats gonna be big
-1gamemaster1-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 -1gamemaster1-
WHY? Please give evidence.
-1gamemaster1-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 -1gamemaster1-

[QUOTE="thegame458"]I don't think Mario and SSBB would be able to compete with Halojackassnumber20

halo kills them

Again, any evidence?
Jumbo120788

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jumbo120788
Member since 2004 • 14956 Posts
SSBB is suspected to be coming out June 1. I doubt Halo 3 will launch that early this year
Optusnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#15 Optusnet
Member since 2003 • 11065 Posts

SSBB is suspected to be coming out June 1. I doubt Halo 3 will launch that early this yearJumbo120788

I doubt SSBB will launch that early too.

-1gamemaster1-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 -1gamemaster1-
SSBB is suspected to be coming out June 1. I doubt Halo 3 will launch that early this yearJumbo120788
(http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=3141681#Scene_2) here is 1up saying June 1st, here is (http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-gaming/15080-official-ssbb-release-date.html) wiichat, all saying June 1st.
Optusnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Optusnet

[QUOTE="Optusnet"]Anyone who isn't an idiot knows that Halo 3 will trumph any game in sales in the month it's released. It'd be safe Galaxy came out by October (pressuming Halo 3 comes out November) with Brawl coming early December. -1gamemaster1-
Ok, if you are going to post something, please make sure you have your information straight. I said thatNintendo just has not predicted when they are going to be done. The game is not even finished yet. It is not like Halo 3 is waiting for SSBB or visa versa. I understand that they are going to be two games that will strike competition.

You think that the lack of info we know means that nintendo must know bugger all too? They've most likely given Sora a target release date (whatever that may be). Heck for all we know, Nintendo executives have already planned Kid Icarus 2 as Q1 2008 and has been in development for a year. Nintendo keeps its more long-term plans within a smaller group of people. And Halo 3 will most likely be here around Q4 this year anyway so Nintendo will have to work around that. No matter what audience or gamer they're targeting, Halo 3 will soak up and overpower any media hype that goes to any other game. 

-1gamemaster1-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 -1gamemaster1-

[QUOTE="Jumbo120788"]SSBB is suspected to be coming out June 1. I doubt Halo 3 will launch that early this yearOptusnet

I doubt SSBB will launch that early too.

You are obviously just going against SSBB. (http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=3141681#Scene_2) here is 1up saying June 1st, here is (http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-gaming/15080-official-ssbb-release-date.html) wiichat, all saying June 1st. There is evidence. Where is your evidence?
Optusnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Optusnet

[QUOTE="Jumbo120788"]SSBB is suspected to be coming out June 1. I doubt Halo 3 will launch that early this year-1gamemaster1-
(http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=3141681#Scene_2) here is 1up saying June 1st, here is (http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-gaming/15080-official-ssbb-release-date.html) wiichat, all saying June 1st.

I'll crap my pants if it comes that early. They've released such little info on such a big game for it to release Q2. Expect Brawl to be present at E3.

fitzokoli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 fitzokoli
Member since 2005 • 3236 Posts

SSBM  sold almost as much as  Halo 2 did... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best_selling_computer_and_video_games#Xbox

All Ninty needs is the right hype for SSBB..People seem to give Halo way way too much credit, Halo didnt even touch GTA:san andreas or GTA:vice city for that matter in sales..In fact Halo1 + Halo2 sales = GTA:san andreas alone....Halo is big, but people seem to act like its some untouchable thing...i cant wait for it to come out...Hopefully it clashes with SSBB...

-1gamemaster1-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 -1gamemaster1-

[QUOTE="-1gamemaster1-"][QUOTE="Optusnet"]Anyone who isn't an idiot knows that Halo 3 will trumph any game in sales in the month it's released. It'd be safe Galaxy came out by October (pressuming Halo 3 comes out November) with Brawl coming early December. Optusnet

You think that the lack of info we know means that nintendo must know bugger all too? They've most likely given Sora a target release date (whatever that may be). Heck for all we know, Nintendo executives have already planned Kid Icarus 2 as Q1 2008 and has been in development for a year. Nintendo keeps its more long-term plans within a smaller group of people. And Halo 3 will most likely be here around Q4 this year anyway so Nintendo will have to work around that. No matter what audience or gamer they're targeting, Halo 3 will soak up and overpower any media hype that goes to any other game. 

DUDE, WHERE IS YOUR EVIDENCE? YOU ARE JUST SAYING RIDICULOUS THINGS WITH NO EVIDENCE. IF YOU CAN'T GIVE EVIDENCE AND I CAN, THAT SHOWS YOUR LOST.
hotplayer220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#22 hotplayer220
Member since 2004 • 1818 Posts
They will announce when they really want to peak there interest. That will help marketing.
alpax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 alpax
[QUOTE="alpax"]I do not think any one game on any console this year or next year will compete against Halo 3
-1gamemaster1-
EXACTLY, although some games do make a big difference. GoW, LOZ series, mario series, ect...

LoZ and Mario are highly reputable franchises in the industry so I should not have posted something like that without thinking twice, I totally forgot about Mario Galaxy. I just thought that way because I am reminded of the reception that Halo 2 got on its launch day (2.5 million copies sold in 24 hours), it was a momumental thing for microsoft since they launched Windows 95. With that and the fact that XBOX360 is doing much better than the XBOX, and the billions of matches still being played on XBL, the launch for Halo 3 is going to get scary.
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Wintry_Flutist
Member since 2005 • 14834 Posts
I wouldn't want my game to compete with Halo, even it was Zelda. There's just too many brainless shooter fanboys who can't be stopped out there.
Optusnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Optusnet

I wouldn't want my game to compete with Halo, even it was Zelda. There's just too many brainless shooter fanboys who can't be stopped out there.Wintry_Flutist

I think the word you're looking for is 'casuals'.....

Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Wintry_Flutist
Member since 2005 • 14834 Posts

[QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"]I wouldn't want my game to compete with Halo, even it was Zelda. There's just too many brainless shooter fanboys who can't be stopped out there.Optusnet

No, those ones play Nintendogs.

-1gamemaster1-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 -1gamemaster1-
[QUOTE="-1gamemaster1-"][QUOTE="alpax"]I do not think any one game on any console this year or next year will compete against Halo 3
alpax

LoZ and Mario are highly reputable franchises in the industry so I should not have posted something like that without thinking twice, I totally forgot about Mario Galaxy. I just thought that way because I am reminded of the reception that Halo 2 got on its launch day (2.5 million copies sold in 24 hours), it was a momumental thing for microsoft since they launched Windows 95. With that and the fact that XBOX360 is doing much better than the XBOX, and the billions of matches still being played on XBL, the launch for Halo 3 is going to get scary.

Dude, lol no worries. I know that Halo is really good to!
-1gamemaster1-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 -1gamemaster1-
I wouldn't want my game to compete with Halo, even it was Zelda. There's just too many brainless shooter fanboys who can't be stopped out there.Wintry_Flutist
I think the word you are looking for is SENSELESS XBOX/SONY FANS.
Optusnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Optusnet
[QUOTE="Optusnet"]

[QUOTE="-1gamemaster1-"][QUOTE="Optusnet"]Anyone who isn't an idiot knows that Halo 3 will trumph any game in sales in the month it's released. It'd be safe Galaxy came out by October (pressuming Halo 3 comes out November) with Brawl coming early December. -1gamemaster1-

DUDE, WHERE IS YOUR EVIDENCE? YOU ARE JUST SAYING RIDICULOUS THINGS WITH NO EVIDENCE. IF YOU CAN'T GIVE EVIDENCE AND I CAN, THAT SHOWS YOUR LOST.

And what evidence are you giving me? An estimate for 1up as a tentative release date?? Nothing I'm saying is ridiculous. Nintendo knows secrets and release dates we don't. This isn't fact, this is common sense.
Interviewer: "So when's Galaxy coming out, Reggie?"
Reggie: "Your guess is as good as mine!" :|

A good example is the 'Wii' name. Only a handful of execs knew the name prior to April because if they said it to any regular employee, they would blurt it out in an instant through the glorious internet. This was said by Nintendo!

The point is. Nintendo is playing dumb with Brawl's release date and they sure as hell know about the behamoth that is 'Halo 3'.

-1gamemaster1-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 -1gamemaster1-
[QUOTE="-1gamemaster1-"][QUOTE="Optusnet"]

[QUOTE="-1gamemaster1-"][QUOTE="Optusnet"]Anyone who isn't an idiot knows that Halo 3 will trumph any game in sales in the month it's released. It'd be safe Galaxy came out by October (pressuming Halo 3 comes out November) with Brawl coming early December. Optusnet

And what evidence are you giving me? An estimate for 1up as a tentative release date?? Nothing I'm saying is ridiculous. Nintendo knows secrets and release dates we don't. This isn't fact, this is common sense.

A good example is the 'Wii' name. Only a handful of execs knew the name prior to April because if they said it to any regular employee, they would blurt it out in an instant through the glorious internet. This was said by Nintendo!

The point is. Nintendo is playing dumb with Brawl's release date and they sure as hell know about the behamoth that is 'Halo 3'.

(http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=3141681#Scene_2) (http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-gaming/15080-official-ssbb-release-date.html) Optusnet= OWNED
Linkthedueler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Linkthedueler
Member since 2003 • 4389 Posts
[QUOTE="-1gamemaster1-"][QUOTE="Optusnet"]

I agree ninty knows what they're doing. If we've already thought about the "behamoht that is 'Halo 3'" they've surely thought about it way b4. And there really isn't anyway to know when any of these games are coming out considering how often release dates change but i do  think, however, that june/july is possible for SSBB...and yes they definitly are playing dumb...

Optusnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Optusnet
[QUOTE="Optusnet"][QUOTE="-1gamemaster1-"][QUOTE="Optusnet"]

[QUOTE="-1gamemaster1-"][QUOTE="Optusnet"]Anyone who isn't an idiot knows that Halo 3 will trumph any game in sales in the month it's released. It'd be safe Galaxy came out by October (pressuming Halo 3 comes out November) with Brawl coming early December. -1gamemaster1-

(http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=3141681#Scene_2) (http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-gaming/15080-official-ssbb-release-date.html) Optusnet= OWNED

These are just guesses or estimates. I think I spreak for most people when I say: "I'll wait for an official Nintendo source to confirm the release date."

You keep hyping as June 1. Go for your life. But don't be suprised if it's another 6 month wait after that....

Linkthedueler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Linkthedueler
Member since 2003 • 4389 Posts

[QUOTE="-1gamemaster1-"][QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"]I wouldn't want my game to compete with Halo, even it was Zelda. There's just too many brainless shooter fanboys who can't be stopped out there.ryustruck

I think the word you are looking for is SENSELESS XBOX/SONY FANS.

hey idiot, remember the whole Wii60 thing? i play Halo quite alot, and own a wii and play it regularly. Plus all us sony fans arent as senseless, i think im one of 5 people who bought Psychonauts, and just because someone plays a different console than you do, probably because your just too afraid to admit that it might be a better experince,  doesnt mean they don't have souls like you self proclaimed "Saints of Nintendo" seem to sure as hell have

no offense to you Wintry, you are the only one on this board that can make a valid point without making it sound like a 10 year old trying to get some bloodlust.

Way to go! Way to speak up 4 urself and others buddy! I was thinking it but you surely said it...

FPSjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 FPSjohn
Member since 2005 • 993 Posts
In my opinion, people who play halo are generaly people with bland and lakiluster lives. That or they do not know how to live. The smart ones really know that video games are not life but a small source of entertainment.
Optusnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Optusnet
[QUOTE="Optusnet"]

[QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"]I wouldn't want my game to compete with Halo, even it was Zelda. There's just too many brainless shooter fanboys who can't be stopped out there.Wintry_Flutist

No, those ones play Nintendogs.

Some of them do. There are A LOT of casuals......

-1gamemaster1-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 -1gamemaster1-
[QUOTE="-1gamemaster1-"][QUOTE="Optusnet"][QUOTE="-1gamemaster1-"][QUOTE="Optusnet"]

These are just guesses or estimates. I think I spreak for most people when I say: "I'll wait for an official Nintendo source to confirm the release date."

You keep hyping as June 1. Go for your life. But don't be suprised if it's another 6 month wait after that....

Dude, check 1up, it says it was not confirmed, but they are aiming around there. Also, at least I HAVE EVIDENCE. AND, Halo is not even aiming for a date yet, soooooooooooo....
Optusnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Optusnet
[QUOTE="Optusnet"][QUOTE="-1gamemaster1-"][QUOTE="Optusnet"][QUOTE="-1gamemaster1-"][QUOTE="Optusnet"]

Dude, check 1up, it says it was not confirmed, but they are aiming around there. Also, at least I HAVE EVIDENCE. AND, Halo is not even aiming for a date yet, soooooooooooo....

Of course Halo 3 isn't aiming for a date, it'll just be plonked in the middle of summer - 4 months after the beta release. Makes sense :roll: You do know Halo 3 is coming this year, right?

zekere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#39 zekere
Member since 2003 • 2536 Posts
No, Nintendo doesn't need to do that . They just wait until the games are ready . Wii has NO competition .
-1gamemaster1-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 -1gamemaster1-
[QUOTE="-1gamemaster1-"][QUOTE="Optusnet"][QUOTE="-1gamemaster1-"][QUOTE="Optusnet"][QUOTE="-1gamemaster1-"][QUOTE="Optusnet"]

Of course Halo 3 isn't aiming for a date, it'll just be plonked in the middle of summer - 4 months after the beta release. Makes sense :roll: You do know Halo 3 is coming this year, right?

Don't roll your eyes, you don't know what your talking about.
alpax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 alpax
In my opinion, people who play halo are generaly people with bland and lakiluster lives. That or they do not know how to live. The smart ones really know that video games are not life but a small source of entertainment.FPSjohn

You could say that with people who play MMORPG for the purpose to escape reality. There are people who play one game all the time to become more competitive, with all these tournaments out there there is a lot at stake for some people to play Halo competitively.
Master_Hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42 Master_Hermes
Member since 2003 • 5913 Posts
The only thing they need to go up against Halo is Smash Bros. People discount Smash Bros but Melee sold 6 million copies, only 2 million less than Halo 2 and a million more than the original Halo. Smash Bros has legs and can go head to head with Halo when it comes to selling systems. People some how think Halo was a godly game that cannot be beaten but It wasn't even close to being the best selling game of last generation, it's popularity is very high but very overrated aswell.
selkie65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 selkie65
Member since 2006 • 187 Posts
Sorry to all those people out there, but I don't think Halo will absolutlely crush SSBB and Galaxy, as these games are just as big, Halo is just too hyped up.
Crisis_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#44 Crisis_Eye
Member since 2006 • 1554 Posts
huh.. i dunno, that sounds pretty accurate.
T3hSh4d0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 T3hSh4d0
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I think that Nintendo is just waiting for Microsoft to announce when Halo 3 comes out and then Nintendo will announce that SSBB and Mario Galaxy comes out in the same month just for defence against Microsoft and there huge game. Thats what Microsoft did with gears of war. They released it a week before Wii and PS3 came out.

Nintendo just doesn't want a bunch of Nintendo fans to go buy a 360 for Halo 3 and forget all about the Wii. But if Nintendo sets free one of their big games then it will prevent a huge loss of fans.

Am I right?
lotsabacon
I don't think so. Nintendo wouldn't do that because they said they weren't part of the "Nex gen wars."
MarioMainic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#46 MarioMainic
Member since 2006 • 10237 Posts
Man your smart tell that to nintendo!
thegame458

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#47 thegame458
Member since 2006 • 1326 Posts
[QUOTE="thegame458"]I don't think Mario and SSBB would be able to compete with Halo-1gamemaster1-
WHY? Please give evidence.

there is no evidence, it is just plain old marketing. halo has many hardcore gamer support and a lot of publicity. With all the hype of halo 3, do you think ssbb will lead in sales- probably if they are released different months. However if Nintendo has online play by that time, then we got some good competition. Publicity is a lot in gaming though because when you think about it, how many people got the wii mainly due to publicity
MoodyFlame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#48 MoodyFlame
Member since 2004 • 2446 Posts
I don't think they're concerned with that.Viewtiful-GaMeR
actually, that's a really good, point and i most dis agree with you, it would be in their best interest to launch it when or a week before, the the biggest game ever will be coming, but what if microsoft is waiting too? but to be honest
alpax
i think so too, halo 2 had such a big success that god knows what halo 3 will do to the people?
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
Smash Brothers isn't a system seller in comparison because it mainly appeals to Ninty fans. Anyone can look at Halo and think ''hey I need a 360''.
Optusnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Optusnet
[QUOTE="Optusnet"][QUOTE="-1gamemaster1-"][QUOTE="Optusnet"][QUOTE="-1gamemaster1-"][QUOTE="Optusnet"][QUOTE="-1gamemaster1-"][QUOTE="Optusnet"]

Don't roll your eyes, you don't know what your talking about.

What? :| I know what I'm talking about. Halo 3 will come in Q4 of 2007 because it's already been confirmed for 2007 and it'll follow trend with Halo 2 and try to aim for a big holiday seller. There - I understood exactly what I said.