SSBB-Halo 3. Who agrees with me?

• 78 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

midid25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 midid25
Member since 2007 • 57 Posts
When Halo 3 hits, the Wii probably will have surpassed the 360 in sales. Already, there are almost half as many after a couple months

Cobalt75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 Cobalt75
Member since 2007 • 313 Posts
I reserved my halo 3 yesterday.  It's coming out early Novemvber 2007, unless there is a delay.  Sony and Nintendo will all launch their big titles within weeks to catch the holiday rush. 
Hir0_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Hir0_N
Member since 2007 • 2644 Posts
Halo 3 + Xbox360 price drop will sell no matter how good the Nintendo games are. I'm not saying the Wii and its games won't sell. But Halo 3 will be huge for casuals.
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#54 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
I don't think they're concerned with that.Viewtiful-GaMeR
People will buy Halo 3 whether SSBB releases sooner, later, or never. They're going to release the game when it's ready, not according to any other game's release.
Ministry4390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Ministry4390
Member since 2003 • 779 Posts

No videogame publishers are going to put out their game anywhere near Halo 3.

It doesnt matter if you like Halo or not. Everyone knows that any game that is released near Halo 3 will be completely overshadowed.

Keving7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#56 Keving7
Member since 2005 • 1028 Posts
In my opinion, people who play halo are generaly people with bland and lakiluster lives. That or they do not know how to live. The smart ones really know that video games are not life but a small source of entertainment.FPSjohn
u better be kidding because that comment is completely stupid. thats not an opinon, thats just plain dumb i love halo, i own the wii, i have a great life that is probably less bland than yours. again if you were kidding and i fail to get it, sorry. but if not, your the dumbest fanboy ever. Halo 2 is just as good if not better than SSBM. u cant compare a fighting game and a shooting game.
Keving7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Keving7
When Halo 3 hits, the Wii probably will have surpassed the 360 in sales. Already, there are almost half as many after a couple months

midid25
i doubt that there will be times when ppl can walk into a store and buy a wii, i doubt it will pass the 360 any time soon
silent_seaxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 silent_seaxx
Member since 2006 • 1322 Posts
I think Brawl will be as successful, if not more than Halo 3 if we can pull off great online.
SamlambJam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 SamlambJam
Member since 2006 • 214 Posts
PSHHH Halo=overrated bigtime
Crisis_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#60 Crisis_Eye
Member since 2006 • 1554 Posts
Where I go to school everyone LOVES and I mean LOVES Halo, it's all they talk about, and now Gears of War too... When I got a Wii they kept jokin' around with me and **** saying it ****ed. I really don't care what other people think of what I like. Yes, Halo is a very good series and if it beats out SSBB I wouldn't care. I would just be happy playing what I like instead of playing what everyone esle likes.
Crucifix_Angel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61 Crucifix_Angel
Member since 2006 • 251 Posts
What in gods name are you talking about? Why would anyone buy a 360 just for halo 3?
dilmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 dilmos
Member since 2006 • 763 Posts

I have had an xbox or xbox360 since day one on both, and have over 300 games, and I am now a Wii lover....

BUT... I have a lot of friends and a lot of people who have bought xbox's from me, (i do work on them) and noone, not one single solitary person, I know likes either of the Halo's. 

Am I the only person on the planet, that thinks Halo (online or offline) is one of the most difficult to control games ever made.... it makes the game no fun at all.  I have never liked and I know of noone around me that does.

Just my opinion, but I am a sports game kinda guy.

LuIsSiUl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 LuIsSiUl
Member since 2004 • 1935 Posts

[QUOTE="Jumbo120788"]SSBB is suspected to be coming out June 1. I doubt Halo 3 will launch that early this yearOptusnet

I doubt SSBB will launch that early too.

it´s the most reasonable release date... SSBB was supposed to be released along with the wii´s release... so it seems like june is a good option
slickvic1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 slickvic1990
Member since 2004 • 2590 Posts
that would be the stupidest idea ever. i think they will wait for the halo announcement to stay as far away as possible
Garzey623

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Garzey623
Member since 2007 • 131 Posts
I don't think they're concerned with that.[/QUOT[QUOTE="lotsabacon"]I think that Nintendo is just waiting for Microsoft to announce when Halo 3 comes out and then Nintendo will announce that SSBB and Mario Galaxy comes out in the same month just for defence against Microsoft and there huge game. Thats what Microsoft did with gears of war. They released it a week before Wii and PS3 came out.

Nintendo just doesn't want a bunch of Nintendo fans to go buy a 360 for Halo 3 and forget all about the Wii. But if Nintendo sets free one of their big games then it will prevent a huge loss of fans.

Am I right?
Viewtiful-GaMeR
i have both so i couldnt give about ur stupid @ss problems
Garzey623

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Garzey623
Member since 2007 • 131 Posts
that would be the stupidest idea ever. i think they will wait for the halo announcement to stay as far away as possibleslickvic1990
[QUOTE="Viewtiful-GaMeR"]I don't think they're concerned with that.[/QUOT[QUOTE="lotsabacon"]I think that Nintendo is just waiting for Microsoft to announce when Halo 3 comes out and then Nintendo will announce that SSBB and Mario Galaxy comes out in the same month just for defence against Microsoft and there huge game. Thats what Microsoft did with gears of war. They released it a week before Wii and PS3 came out.

Nintendo just doesn't want a bunch of Nintendo fans to go buy a 360 for Halo 3 and forget all about the Wii. But if Nintendo sets free one of their big games then it will prevent a huge loss of fans.

Am I right?
Garzey623
i have both so i couldnt give about ur stupid @ss problems

i have a foot
Keving7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Keving7

im buying a 360, one of the reasons being halo 3

i bought a wii, one of the reasons being super smash bros

they are 2 different genres, this is a dumb discussion. they both suck to some and rock to others. they are both the number one title of their systems. they both are amazing multiplayer games.

this is pointless, there is no winner or loser. they are both amazing

Sacif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#68 Sacif
Member since 2006 • 1830 Posts

[QUOTE="-1gamemaster1-"][QUOTE="Jumbo120788"]SSBB is suspected to be coming out June 1. I doubt Halo 3 will launch that early this yearOptusnet

(http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=3141681#Scene_2) here is 1up saying June 1st, here is (http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-gaming/15080-official-ssbb-release-date.html) wiichat, all saying June 1st.

I'll crap my pants if it comes that early. They've released such little info on such a big game for it to release Q2. Expect Brawl to be present at E3.

I thought E3 died

Sling_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Sling_Master
Member since 2003 • 44 Posts
I can't believe the lot of you are allowed to live anymore. If you can sit on a message board and say "Nope. Halo rocks. Nope. Halo. Nothing else. Never. HALO. HALO. HALO", then you're not just a moron (an ignorant one, at that), but a belligerent conformist who listens to no reason or opinions that differ from the one you've got welded into your thick head. Such people are called fanboys and should be executed on appearance. Everyone has their own thoughts as to what may or may not rock the game charts, but saying a certain game has the top spot hands down before it comes out is simply unintelligent. None of you know the exact release dates, either. Your simple minds must have skipped important words in the all-knowing article you praise that said things like "supposed", "anticipated", or "expected". Unless you see an article directly from the game developer themselves, anything you read about release dates is speculated. Look it up. "halo rules all! halo 3 will be behamoth!!!" I speak for many when I say I'm tired of hearing this crap, and it should be crammed back into the hole that unleashed it. Your ass. Nobody can determine what game will rule the rest this year. Wait and see instead of arguing back and forth on something you've no education in.
SirSpudly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 SirSpudly
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts
Good golly, Mario Party 8 is slated for early March, Super Paper Mario is for April (so sayeth Nintendo Power), and Galaxy is still in the running for Q3 2007!

That would equal 4 A-AAAA Mario games in five or six months!  That is insane to have so many games from one franchise come out in the same year.  The numbers of all Mario games combined would probably equal twice as much as Halo 3 does.  And in the end, that means that while Microsoft gets to claim supremecy over the land for their one game, Nintendo is quietly slipping out the highest profit its ever known in its one hundred year history!  The real picture needs to be seen, not the small corner where Mario and Master Chief collide (most sales).

As for the individual games, yeah....theyre both gonna pwn and GS will have to give editors awards out for each else face the wrath of some of the nastiest emails and court hearings to one company since Enron collasped.  In retrospect, Halo 3 is about a 9.6 and SSBB is about a 9.3.  Both games will tie the highest game out (thats a prediction of 9.3 for Super Paper Mario) and both will sell out rediculous amounts of hardware in tandem.  So belly up everyone and lets get to blastin or smashin come winter!
metroidprime_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#71 metroidprime_1
Member since 2006 • 4768 Posts

What in gods name are you talking about? Why would anyone buy a 360 just for halo 3?Crucifix_Angel
Cauze thats what they did for da original X-box just bought it to plau Halo 1 and 2 :lol:

420_Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 420_Forever
Member since 2005 • 580 Posts
I do not think any one game on any console this year or next year will compete against Halo 3
alpax
What about Grand Theft Auto IV?
Shirley_Temple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#73 Shirley_Temple
Member since 2006 • 5927 Posts
Isn't Halo 3's release already announced?
metroidprime_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#74 metroidprime_1
Member since 2006 • 4768 Posts

U are all forget 1 important game

METROID PRIME 3 CORRUPTION

kukukuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 kukukuk
Member since 2005 • 2406 Posts
I have a casual friend who has an Xbox, and has had one for a year and a half, but only has Halo 2.
Eragont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Eragont
Member since 2006 • 1933 Posts
Good golly, Mario Party 8 is slated for early March, Super Paper Mario is for April (so sayeth Nintendo Power), and Galaxy is still in the running for Q3 2007!

That would equal 4 A-AAAA Mario games in five or six months! That is insane to have so many games from one franchise come out in the same year. The numbers of all Mario games combined would probably equal twice as much as Halo 3 does. And in the end, that means that while Microsoft gets to claim supremecy over the land for their one game, Nintendo is quietly slipping out the highest profit its ever known in its one hundred year history! The real picture needs to be seen, not the small corner where Mario and Master Chief collide (most sales).

As for the individual games, yeah....theyre both gonna pwn and GS will have to give editors awards out for each else face the wrath of some of the nastiest emails and court hearings to one company since Enron collasped. In retrospect, Halo 3 is about a 9.6 and SSBB is about a 9.3. Both games will tie the highest game out (thats a prediction of 9.3 for Super Paper Mario) and both will sell out rediculous amounts of hardware in tandem. So belly up everyone and lets get to blastin or smashin come winter!
SirSpudly
strikers too
Kikouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#77 Kikouken
Member since 2006 • 15913 Posts
I don't think Nintendo gives a rats bum. I bet SSBB will sell more than Halo 3.
PhilliesPhan02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 PhilliesPhan02
Member since 2006 • 184 Posts
Nah, im pretty sure Super Smash Bros. Brawl was announced for June 1 yesterday or today.
salnadia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 salnadia
Member since 2005 • 170 Posts
if you have the Wii60, you will buy them both
Avatar image for The_Last_Jedi33
The_Last_Jedi33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#80 The_Last_Jedi33
Member since 2006 • 211 Posts
Even though I am pulling for the Wii as much as I can. I think that Halo 3 will just out pubilcize, and sell more than SSBB. Look what happened to Halo and Halo 2 and the explosion of the Xbox, and then think about what happened when Nintendo came out with the GameCube, some don't want to admit it, but the GC was almost, if not a minor failure (with the exception of a few things). SSBM was one of my favorite games, but whenever I had people over to my house it was never, 'Let's hook up the GameCube and play some Melee!' it was always, 'Slayer on Halo 2!'. Then it's also just what you want to play... Halo 3 is going to sell amazingly with some people, and SSBB is going to sell amazingly in a totally different way. It's all up to the player.