Sonic - So what do you guys think of it so far?

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#1 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
I just got mine today, played about 2 hours or so. Its a really fun game i think, the missions are fun, some are challanging, others are not, but still fun.

the graphics are great, sound is ok.. voice acting is alright, but Erazor Djinns Voice is.. weird. i was expecting it to be more evil.

Mini-games.. i only really tried one, and my was it stupid.. it was the Fruit-catching one, with the sword.. its dumb, but meh.

anyway, what would you guys give this game out of 10, based on what you've played so far.

i give it 8.6/10.

princemarth23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 princemarth23
Member since 2005 • 9229 Posts
Got the game yesterday, have played about 2 hours so far as well and I think it's very fun. 8.5+/10 (not sure what i'd give it but probably between 8.5 and 8.9)
Darthmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 Darthmatt
Member since 2002 • 8970 Posts
Its ok, Im not too crazy with the on rails style. But none the less, its a decent game.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 haziqonfire
i've got to about the 4th place now.. it seems kinda short :(
soulfood4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 soulfood4
Member since 2005 • 5459 Posts
Im on the last world and i love the game, i'd give it a 9. The graphics on the last level are amazing. Way better than the other levels....its boring at first but once you level up its great, im a level 29...
angelfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 angelfly
Member since 2003 • 4494 Posts
I've had a lot of time with it and I'd easily give it a 9/10.
omgadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 omgadam
Member since 2006 • 432 Posts

I love it so far!

I have a question for you guys though.  Do you edit seperate rings so like one ring is for speed, one for power or whatever, or do just edit one based on the mission you are about to go into? 

kidrock17xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kidrock17xp
Member since 2004 • 2966 Posts
i've got to about the 4th place now.. it seems kinda short :(Haziqonfire
a review I saw said that you jump around in the worlds and don't do everything in a set order so to speak
soulfood4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 soulfood4
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]i've got to about the 4th place now.. it seems kinda short :(kidrock17xp
a review I saw said that you jump around in the worlds and don't do everything in a set order so to speak

Yah you jump around worlds alot, you cant face some early bosses till you face later bosses...
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 haziqonfire
[QUOTE="kidrock17xp"][QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]i've got to about the 4th place now.. it seems kinda short :(soulfood4

Yah you jump around worlds alot, you cant face some early bosses till you face later bosses...

ohhh good then :D
omgadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 omgadam
Member since 2006 • 432 Posts
oo, what do the firesouls do?  i haven't been able to figure it out yet lol
ArmoJan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 ArmoJan
Member since 2005 • 3169 Posts
I just got it and Im about to slide it into my Wii.  I have been hearing the game can be sooo devilishly hard, you will undo your strap and throw the Wiimote against the wall.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 haziqonfire
I just got it and Im about to slide it into my Wii. I have been hearing the game can be sooo devilishly hard, you will undo your strap and throw the Wiimote against the wall.ArmoJan
i havent encountered such things yet. i admit some missions are hard, but not to that extreme where i get really angry.
soulfood4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 soulfood4
oo, what do the firesouls do?  i haven't been able to figure it out yet lolomgadam
They unlock party games....and maybe some secret missions, the booklet says hidden goodies...
ArmoJan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ArmoJan
Ok, I officially regret getting this game. the controls are SOOOOO unresponsive and prevents you from negotiating most of obstacles. I don't recommend this game.

Another typical Sonic Game IMO
Angel624

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 Angel624
Member since 2005 • 525 Posts

Ok, I officially regret getting this game. the controls are SOOOOO unresponsive and prevents you from negotiating most of obstacles. I don't recommend this game.

ArmoJan

i didnt really find the controls that unresponsive. they actually work pretty well for me.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 haziqonfire

[QUOTE="ArmoJan"]Ok, I officially regret getting this game. the controls are SOOOOO unresponsive and prevents you from negotiating most of obstacles. I don't recommend this game.

Angel624

i didnt really find the controls that unresponsive. they actually work pretty well for me.

same here, although getting stuck in places sometimes is annoying.. plus, its incredibly hard to get GOLD medals, let alone silver, to me..:( i guess i just fail.
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 Wintry_Flutist
Member since 2005 • 14834 Posts
What's up with the 9/10 some people would give? AAA is for games that actually lead game designing forward. I guess some people don't really get the meaning of ratings, and that's why there's been so many complains lately.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 haziqonfire
sonic is a 8.4 to me.
Angel624

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Angel624
Member since 2005 • 525 Posts
[QUOTE="Angel624"]

[QUOTE="ArmoJan"]Ok, I officially regret getting this game. the controls are SOOOOO unresponsive and prevents you from negotiating most of obstacles. I don't recommend this game.

Haziqonfire

same here, although getting stuck in places sometimes is annoying.. plus, its incredibly hard to get GOLD medals, let alone silver, to me..:( i guess i just fail.

i agree about the medals. the highest ive gotten is bronze.do you have to beat it in like 50 sec. to get gold or silver? just wondering.

MOM-D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MOM-D
Member since 2005 • 5222 Posts
I have too go too rent it.
ArmoJan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ArmoJan
What's up with the 9/10 some people would give? AAA is for games that actually lead game designing forward. I guess some people don't really get the meaning of ratings, and that's why there's been so many complains lately.Wintry_Flutist
I know, I can't understand it. But some some of the AAA ratings are coming from diehard sonic fanboys.. I mean look at the avatars of the ones in this thread for example. The game is average in my opinion.
Baller4444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Baller4444
Member since 2007 • 660 Posts

This is a really good game I've played about 3 hours and have gotten to the 4th world already so i am afriad it might be alittle short.

Overall I would give this game an 8.5 - 9.

Just wondering does getting gold medals do anything in adventure mode.

Hahk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Hahk
Member since 2007 • 65 Posts
Meh, wasn't very entertaining for me did not stick out as much as the other sonic games. Controls were easy to pick up yes, but boring to use. Seeing as on some of the levels you do that level over again. Again not as a anticipated as the game I thought it was though, and the music gets really annoying along with the not as well thought out story mode I would give it a 5.8/10
be_very_afraid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 be_very_afraid
Member since 2004 • 471 Posts
I rented it, and its good for the most part, but I do wish that I had more direct control over Sonic. I really think there should be like an accelerate button, that way if you miss a jump up a pillar or something, he doesnt keep running in place while you fix yourself. And I really don't like the cutscenes, they remind me of the VHS tapes that would come with a book you'd borrow from the library. The music is also really bad. When the game is working its awesome, but there's definetly room for improvement. The 7.6 that Gamespot gave the game is accurate mostly, I agree with it.
bofe1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 bofe1234
Member since 2005 • 3046 Posts
Overall not very impressed. i mean its decent completely average and i think it deserves the scores it got. its just the controls sometimes can be aggrivating. some stages can be rip your hair out frustrating(not that its hard just that the controls make some things hard). also the VO is HORRENDOUSly bad. its so terrible it makes me cringe. my Bro walked down stairs and i had to mute it just because it was soooo embarassing. it was like  a saturday morning cartoon VO. lol. But the graphics are good and it is pretty fun.
DS_fan_atic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DS_fan_atic
Member since 2005 • 4078 Posts
wow, after reading your guys impressions, I guess I'll be getting this game after all. 
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#28 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts

[QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"]What's up with the 9/10 some people would give? AAA is for games that actually lead game designing forward. I guess some people don't really get the meaning of ratings, and that's why there's been so many complains lately.ArmoJan
I know, I can't understand it. But some some of the AAA ratings are coming from diehard sonic fanboys.. I mean look at the avatars of the ones in this thread for example. The game is average in my opinion.

It's because they don't understand the rating system. A 9+ game needs to be one that is extroardinarily epic and a masterpiece in its medium...they seem to think anything less than an 8 or even 9 is bad. Sigh...people just aren't very edjamacated on things.

Also, I returned my copy of Sonic to get Lunar Knights for the DS. Boy am I glad I did, it's the best decision I've made in a while.

SuperSonic223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SuperSonic223
Member since 2004 • 236 Posts
I think it's a fun game and I liked the fact that it wasn't as easy as the other 3d Sonics were and the auto camera wasn't ever a problem for me. I thought it was cool that it had some RPG elements with the equipping your rings with certain abilities and, I especially liked the speed break ability from the fire gauge that you get in the middle of the game. I didn't pay any attention to the cut-scenes, the music would have been okay to me if they didn't have lyrics playing on almost every song. And yes, the controls do get frustrating at times but they still worked well; however it still think that it is better to have direct control of Sonic. Overall I say the game should have gotten a score in the low 8's and I think the Gamespot review lends the game to a higher score.
be_very_afraid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 be_very_afraid
Member since 2004 • 471 Posts

I think it's a fun game and I liked the fact that it wasn't as easy as the other 3d Sonics were and the auto camera wasn't ever a problem for me. I thought it was cool that it had some RPG elements with the equipping your rings with certain abilities and, I especially liked the speed break ability from the fire gauge that you get in the middle of the game. I didn't pay any attention to the cut-scenes, the music would have been okay to me if they didn't have lyrics playing on almost every song. And yes, the controls do get frustrating at times but they still worked well; however it still think that it is better to have direct control of Sonic. Overall I say the game should have gotten a score in the low 8's and I think the Gamespot review lends the game to a higher score. SuperSonic223

I do like the RPG-lite stuff too, but the funny thing to me was that it seemed like it wanted you to have to pick some abilities to use because you dont have enough space for all. Most of the time I found that i DID have enough skills points for all of the skills, and even if I cant fit all of my skills there are more than enough skills that i dont need that i can just take off. It is cool that they included the RPG stuff, just maybe they should have thought it out a bit more.

lzorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lzorro
Member since 2006 • 7395 Posts
To be honest I kind of hated it at first but I just got the power to go super fast, and slow down time, and I'm really starting to get into it ;) It really is a solid title but deserves no more than a 7.9 IMO
Master_Hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 Master_Hermes
Member since 2003 • 5913 Posts
It's really good. There are issues like the learning curve for controls and underwhelming multi-player but overall, it's a good package. So far, I'd give the game a 8.2/10. 
Kikouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#33 Kikouken
Member since 2006 • 15913 Posts
It's alright. The difficulty made me a bit sore though. My nephew couldnt even play through the evil foundry place. too hard for a sonic game imo.
Xbox360gamer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Xbox360gamer1
Member since 2005 • 8575 Posts
Is it a rental or a buy?
monclo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 monclo
Member since 2004 • 168 Posts
i love it

been playing like for 8 hours

the japanese voice its amazing
monclo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 monclo
Member since 2004 • 168 Posts
it is a buy!
adolson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 adolson
Member since 2006 • 554 Posts
This is the first Sonic game I have ever bought, and it is the first Sonic game I have ever liked. And I like it a lot.

I rate it between 8 and 9.. I think it's the best Wii game so far, to be honest, and you get a lot for your money - a kickass single player game, and a decent multiplayer game in the vein of Mario Party and Shrek Super Party.

(And before anyone jumps on my "best Wii game" comment, yes, I have Zelda, and yes it's great, but it's just a GameCube game with afterthought controls tacked on, so it is not really even much of a Wii game, in my opinion. It's not any better than any of Ubisoft's lame control-tacked-on ports. It is a great game, but it HAS to be, because it was a great game to begin with, on the GameCube. Sonic is different - it wouldn't be the same without the Wii remote controls or maybe even the Sony SUXASSES controller could pull it off).
Master_Hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 Master_Hermes
Member since 2003 • 5913 Posts
Overall not very impressed. i mean its decent completely average and i think it deserves the scores it got. its just the controls sometimes can be aggrivating. some stages can be rip your hair out frustrating(not that its hard just that the controls make some things hard). also the VO is HORRENDOUSly bad. its so terrible it makes me cringe. my Bro walked down stairs and i had to mute it just because it was soooo embarassing. it was like a saturday morning cartoon VO. lol. But the graphics are good and it is pretty fun. bofe1234

That's beacuse most of the voices are from the Saturday morning Sonic X cartoon series. Just do what I did and change the voices to Japanese from the opitions menu.
Raiko101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Raiko101
Member since 2005 • 3339 Posts
What's up with the 9/10 some people would give? AAA is for games that actually lead game designing forward. I guess some people don't really get the meaning of ratings, and that's why there's been so many complains lately.Wintry_Flutist
AAA games don't have to be revolutionary. Just offering so much, and doing it so well.
bofe1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 bofe1234
Member since 2005 • 3046 Posts

[QUOTE="bofe1234"]Overall not very impressed. i mean its decent completely average and i think it deserves the scores it got. its just the controls sometimes can be aggrivating. some stages can be rip your hair out frustrating(not that its hard just that the controls make some things hard). also the VO is HORRENDOUSly bad. its so terrible it makes me cringe. my Bro walked down stairs and i had to mute it just because it was soooo embarassing. it was like a saturday morning cartoon VO. lol. But the graphics are good and it is pretty fun. Master_Hermes

That's beacuse most of the voices are from the Saturday morning Sonic X cartoon series. Just do what I did and change the voices to Japanese from the opitions menu.

Yah cuz that makes it a whole lot better... i just mute it and read the subtitles.

greenleaflink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 greenleaflink
Member since 2006 • 3686 Posts
i found the graphics to look pretty good... the controls take some adjusting too, but if your a sonic fan, this is soo your cup of tea. and really how can do a game like justice?
nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts

[QUOTE="ArmoJan"][QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"]What's up with the 9/10 some people would give? AAA is for games that actually lead game designing forward. I guess some people don't really get the meaning of ratings, and that's why there's been so many complains lately.Staryoshi87

It's because they don't understand the rating system. A 9+ game needs to be one that is extroardinarily epic and a masterpiece in its medium...they seem to think anything less than an 8 or even 9 is bad. Sigh...people just aren't very edjamacated on things.

Also, I returned my copy of Sonic to get Lunar Knights for the DS. Boy am I glad I did, it's the best decision I've made in a while.

an AAA game must be doing a superb job in EVERYTHING, from length to graphics, if it lacks some of these stuff, then it's no AAA title, that's why you see so many people frustrated when their favorite titles is not AAA, and for the most part, i was furious when i saw the 8.8 rating.
Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts
I'm definitely not a diehard fanboy and I'm really enjoying this game.
Arnalion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Arnalion
Member since 2006 • 3316 Posts
[QUOTE="Staryoshi87"]

[QUOTE="ArmoJan"][QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"]What's up with the 9/10 some people would give? AAA is for games that actually lead game designing forward. I guess some people don't really get the meaning of ratings, and that's why there's been so many complains lately.nintendo-4life

an AAA game must be doing a superb job in EVERYTHING, from length to graphics, if it lacks some of these stuff, then it's no AAA title, that's why you see so many people frustrated when their favorite titles is not AAA, and for the most part, i was furious when i saw the 8.8 rating.

It depends on what rating system the person uses. ;) My ratings are freaking simple. I rate the games on how much i have enjoyed them.
Raiko101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Raiko101
Member since 2005 • 3339 Posts
[QUOTE="nintendo-4life"][QUOTE="Staryoshi87"]

[QUOTE="ArmoJan"][QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"]What's up with the 9/10 some people would give? AAA is for games that actually lead game designing forward. I guess some people don't really get the meaning of ratings, and that's why there's been so many complains lately.Arnalion

It depends on what rating system the person uses. ;) My ratings are freaking simple. I rate the games on how much i have enjoyed them.

Best way to go about it.
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Wintry_Flutist
Member since 2005 • 14834 Posts

[QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"]What's up with the 9/10 some people would give? AAA is for games that actually lead game designing forward. I guess some people don't really get the meaning of ratings, and that's why there's been so many complains lately.Raiko101
AAA games don't have to be revolutionary. Just offering so much, and doing it so well.

Lead software design forward =/= Revolutionary. Revolutionary games deserve AAA+ or AAAA.

Niebz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Niebz
Member since 2007 • 207 Posts

[QUOTE="Raiko101"][QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"]What's up with the 9/10 some people would give? AAA is for games that actually lead game designing forward. I guess some people don't really get the meaning of ratings, and that's why there's been so many complains lately.Wintry_Flutist

Lead software design forward =/= Revolutionary. Revolutionary games deserve AAA+ or AAAA.

I'm sorry but why do you have to criticize someone else's rating?   Ratings are opinions and everyone is entitled to an opinion.  They reflect the values and tastes of the person playing the game.  It's pretty arrogant to think that your definition of AAA is better than some elses just because theirs may differ.  I gave this game a 9/10 because I find it incredibly fun and satisfying.  To me that's all that matters.

Gamer46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 315

#48 Gamer46
Member since 2003 • 11304 Posts
First fun Sonic game in a while, and probably the best graphics on the Wii so far, shows it's more powerful than the GC.   I'm about 3/4 of the way through, so far I'd say I pretty much agree with GS' score, it's a good, but maybe not quite great game.  7.5-8 range.
magrappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 magrappy
Member since 2003 • 1835 Posts
[QUOTE="Wintry_Flutist"]What's up with the 9/10 some people would give? AAA is for games that actually lead game designing forward. I guess some people don't really get the meaning of ratings, and that's why there's been so many complains lately.ArmoJan

I haven't played Sonic but what your saying about ratings, you can get quality games now that are 9/10 that don't necessarily have to be next generation or first to push design, they can revolutionise innovation within old forbidden>
NRGCDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 NRGCDS
Member since 2005 • 1470 Posts
It's so fun with the wii-mote. Sonic.