Skyward Sword Story/Help Thread/Discussion *SPOILERS*

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts

Now I know there is a dicussion thread up top, but hear me out on this one. Not everyone will be playing this game today, tomorrow or even Sunday, Bruno has to wait to the 30th for example. The point is, people without the game yet may want to go to the discussion thread to ask questions and such, but who wants to have to wade through 15 pages of spoilers to do so?

So I propose a separate thread for story discussion, dungeons discussions, asking for help. All spoiler content will be done is this thread. While discussions about contols, soundtrack, reviews etc. happen in the other thread. That way people can continue to go there without having to worry about spoilers. If you don't agree mods, then feel free to close it.

Mod Edit: Changed the topic title slightly to indicate that general SS discussion is permitted.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
TEH STICKY COMMANDS! :P inb4hazisareasonablemodanddoesn'tlockthis.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#3 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
I have no problem with this. I'll just made an adjustment to the previous sticky.
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

Woah... has anyone noticed that the intro art is carved on the walls of the Sealed Grounds? :o
I thought it was part of the texture until I looked around admiring the artstyIe. :lol:

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

i'm currently on the road to the final dungeon in the game, currently trying to find the last song for the harp and another 3 part side quest :roll:

the mandatory sidequests in this game tend to get very annoying after awhile

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sepewrath
Just started, great intro, I hadn't seen it before today. I also really dig Zelda's singing.
SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

Just started, great intro, I hadn't seen it before today. I also really dig Zelda's singing. Sepewrath

The singing was magical.

So does that mean we are pro voice acting now? lol

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
about time this thread starts kicking, i guess it's time to start ignoring it :P
killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 killerband55

i just beaten the game, and wow at first i thought the final boss was tough, but i figured out how to beat him (though my arm hurts now from swinging the Wii Remote too much, lol) great game and i just unlocked "Hero Mode" if i ever wanted to play that

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sepewrath

[QUOTE="Sepewrath"]Just started, great intro, I hadn't seen it before today. I also really dig Zelda's singing. SuperFlakeman

The singing was magical.

So does that mean we are pro voice acting now? lol

Nah I wouldn't go that far. That lack of voice acting actually made it more magical, it makes things like that and Fi's computer gibberish really pop. I just finished the first temple, the world is really dense, they really packed the temple and that forest area. Ghirahim put a beating on me on first go, I tried to Bald Bull him and he wasn't having any of those shenanigans lol. Back up in Skyloft now, just flying around enjoying the theme.
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ANIMEguy10034

The Imprisoned is my worst nightmare... x___x
I came so close to failing and dying. I think I ended up waggling in fear while I was trying to stop it.
*shivers*

The 3rd dungeon was very creative. Clever way to use time. It kind of felt like the Metroid Prime games. I wonder if anyone else noticed it too.

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 killerband55

The Imprisoned is my worst nightmare... x___x
I came so close to failing and dying. I think I ended up waggling in fear while I was trying to stop it.
*shivers*

ANIMEguy10034

lol, then you're going to hate the rest of the game then

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ANIMEguy10034

lol, then you're going to hate the rest of the game then

killerband55

... :|
I should have believed the "ancient one" (:P) when she said that the seal won't hold it for long...
*sigh*
At least I'm prepared for the next one! :x

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

I'm at the end of the Skyview Temple and I'm having trouble beating Gharahim because he keeps catching my sword.

I was able to hit him about 3-4 times before then after the he kept catching my sword.

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 killerband55

I'm at the end of the Skyview Temple and I'm having trouble beating Gharahim because he keeps catching my sword.

I was able to hit him about 3-4 times before then after the he kept catching my sword.

Nintendo_Ownes7

i would give you advice, but even i struggled on him, but i'd say get used to him now, because future battles with him isn't gonna get any easier

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ANIMEguy10034

So...
I ended up giving Cawlin's Love Letter to the hand in the toilet... and Cawlin ended up running away, crying. Did I miss out on possible gratitude crystals? :P
I think he deserved it. :twisted:

Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Nintendo_Ownes7

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"]

killerband55

i would give you advice, but even i struggled on him, but i'd say get used to him now, because future battles with him isn't gonna get any easier

I beat him now I'm trying to get the last piece of the key to the Earth Temple in Eldin Volcano area.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#19 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

"Today is a special day for many reasons, but it is also the 25th anniversary of our fine institution!"

This quote comes directly from in game text of Skyward Sword and it is GOLD.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Sepewrath

Yeah I had a good lol when he said that, it was priceless. Now they have to do DLC, 25yrs from now to change that to 50 :P

*SPOILERS THROUGH 2nd DUNGEON*

First off fight with Scaldera was epic, show of hands, who else didn't notice that bonanza of bombs and hearts at the top, until the fight was over? Having also broken my shield before getting there, it was a great fight. But that servant of the Goddesses, her venom filled words hurt my manly feelings. Glad to see though that Nintendo hadn't fallen into the trap of showing end game scenes in trailers, the early scenes are more than sexy enough to make a great trailer.

*END SPOILERS*

Oh and for future reference how do you do the Spoiler tags again?

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 killerband55

[QUOTE="killerband55"]

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"]

Nintendo_Ownes7

I beat him now I'm trying to get the last piece of the key to the Earth Temple in Eldin Volcano area.

if you need any help in this game (that isn't a sidequest, because i skipped all of those), let me know, and i'll do my best to help you out

sharkenleo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 sharkenleo
Member since 2003 • 228 Posts
Ok, how the hell do I get the last few pieces to the key to Eldin temple? I've been stuck tryign to find them for over an hour!
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Nintendo_Ownes7

Ok, how the hell do I get the last few pieces to the key to Eldin temple? I've been stuck tryign to find them for over an hour!sharkenleo
Did you go through the room that catches your clothes on fire?

Because two of them you have to go through the room you have to run as fast as posible. The walkway is to the right. One you have to slide down and stay to the right and land on the flat area to the left in the right tunnel.

Then their are two steam vents that shoot up what you have to do is wait until both vents are going at the same time you should land on the platform.

Then dig and you will find one peice. The other you have to go on the hill and slide down.

Once you go through a tunnel turn right. You will have to jump over a gap. After you do that turn right and jump over another gap then pickup the Bomb Flower and blow a hole in the wall that was on your left when you walked in.

After that the lava will start to flow. Then you can roll a bomb flower on an incline and it should blow up by a weak point in the wall.

The key piece should be in that wall.

OniStrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 OniStrat
Member since 2003 • 1800 Posts

I beat the game earlier today. It was great, although not as great as Wind Waker. The ending was pretty good and the last boss was epic. Kind of easy though.

SPOILERS below (kind of)

Am I the only one that hates the Silent Realm parts? I hate when games make you do something under a time limit and adds invincible monsters that hunt you down. It wasn't particularily hard, just unbeliveably annoying.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ANIMEguy10034

Am I the only one that hates the Silent Realm parts? I hate when games make you do something under a time limit and adds invincible monsters that hunt you down. It wasn't particularily hard, just unbeliveably annoying.

OniStrat

I didn't find it as annoying and monotonous as the light tear fetch quests in TP.

Being under a time limit and weaponless makes it more intense. ;)
But I might be bias since I have not failed a Silent Realm trail yet (about to go to the 3rd one).

sharkenleo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 sharkenleo
Member since 2003 • 228 Posts

[QUOTE="sharkenleo"]Ok, how the hell do I get the last few pieces to the key to Eldin temple? I've been stuck tryign to find them for over an hour!Nintendo_Ownes7

Did you go through the room that catches your clothes on fire?

Because two of them you have to go through the room you have to run as fast as posible. The walkway is to the right. One you have to slide down and stay to the right and land on the flat area to the left in the right tunnel.

Then their are two steam vents that shoot up what you have to do is wait until both vents are going at the same time you should land on the platform.

Then dig and you will find one peice. The other you have to go on the hill and slide down.

Once you go through a tunnel turn right. You will have to jump over a gap. After you do that turn right and jump over another gap then pickup the Bomb Flower and blow a hole in the wall that was on your left when you walked in.

After that the lava will start to flow. Then you can roll a bomb flower on an incline and it should blow up by a weak point in the wall.

The key piece should be in that wall.

Yeah, as soon as I made it to that room I found them right away. What I was stuck on was extending the bridge to reach the hot room. I could've sworn I couldn't grab onto that ledge on the left. :(
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Sepewrath
End of the third temple, simply epic. Proof positive that this series does not need voice acting to paint a moment. Also I thought the dialogue options would be a throwaway feature like they were in past games; however they have implemented them extremely well so far, I am impressed with what they add to any given moment. I'm sad you cant save the game the way you could in Twilight Princess. Like the way I have a save before the bridge duel, I would keep a save before the end of the third dungeon.
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 wiifan001
So I'm at a side quest involving delivering hot soup to someone....Eagus, I think? Began with the letter "E" Where is that freek? Doesn't help I only get 5 minutes and I think he's in Skyloft but I can't find him...her...whatever. Where dat person at?
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ANIMEguy10034

This game is very unpredictable. I expected to be done with the main quest by today, but the game keeps you occupied when you're outside of the dungeons. I recommend not rushing through it.

So I'm at a side quest involving delivering hot soup to someone....Eagus, I think? Began with the letter "E" Where is that freek? Doesn't help I only get 5 minutes and I think he's in Skyloft but I can't find him...her...whatever. Where dat person at?wiifan001

He's the knight at the sword training place. I had the same problem. :P

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 wiifan001
oooooh the sword master....ok then I'll remember that for next time.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Sepewrath
Yeah it took me awhile to remember who that was as well. But how funny is what you have to do to start that side mission. That guy freaks out lol and with good cause since Link was tearing his place apart.
killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 killerband55

why is this game called "Skyward Sword" when the main sword in this game isn't even called Skyward Sword?, it's called the Goddess Sword

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Sepewrath
Because of the Skyward Strike
killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 killerband55

Because of the Skyward StrikeSepewrath

then the game should be called Legend of Zelda: Skyward Strike or Legend of Zelda: Goddess Sword

Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Nintendo_Ownes7

[QUOTE="Sepewrath"]Because of the Skyward Strikekillerband55

then the game should be called Legend of Zelda: Skyward Strike or Legend of Zelda: Goddess Sword

But to do the skyward strike Link has to point the sword skyward.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#36 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
I'm stuck on 5th temple..... Can't find any keys and just started
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ANIMEguy10034

That ending... beautiful...
I'm not gonna lie, I teared up a bit. :P

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ANIMEguy10034

I'm stuck on 5th temple..... Can't find any keys and just startedbbkkristian

The first small key is in a room covered in sand. The room is around the northern hallway on the floor where the big boss door is located. You gotta use your gust bellows to solve the puzzle.

SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

You point every sword in the game skyward!

Demise was such a great final boss.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ANIMEguy10034

So I found Beedle's Horned Colossus Beetle and to thank me, he will cut the price of any single item in half...

...but I already bought every item he had available... :|

What a waste. :x

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ANIMEguy10034

Holy ____! :shock:

I can now carry 9,900 rupees. :shock:

...and Batreaux's human form is... um... :?

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

So,i beat the game this morning...

My Nayru!

It was quite a ride,so long and enjoyable.

Easy,but still exceptionally designed!

The pacing is awesome.

Silent Realms were good.

So,Ganon is basically a manifestation of Demise's malice?

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ANIMEguy10034

There's a distinct lack of hearts to replenish my health in Hero Mode.

...and I'm still in Skyloft. My calculation indicates a 90% chance of dying against the simplest enemies. Wish me luck.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 wiifan001

HAHHAHHAHAHHAH WOW!!!

So I'm in the 2nd dungeon and I'm in a roomwhere it's lava everywhere with rocks spaced out in jumping distance. There's one bokoblin left, and I've only got one heart left.

I deliver a strike to it where it gets knocked back to the next stone. There'slava between the rock I'm on and therockthe Bokoblin gets knocked back to.I use the fatal blow on him and you know how Link always does that backflip onhis fatal blows, right? Well, when he does his backflip he flips himself straight into the freekin lava and my last heart goes out. That's it; Game Over,

my 5th so far :lol:

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Ok, who else got pwned by that Thrill Digger game? I walked in with 250 rupees, walked out with 15 rupees. I know all the tricks, and I calculated the probabilities, but I still managed to select the bombs. Talk about bad luck.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 wiifan001

Ok, who else got pwned by that Thrill Digger game? I walked in with 250 rupees, walked out with 15 rupees. I know all the tricks, and I calculated the probabilities, but I still managed to select the bombs. Talk about bad luck.

trugs26
I put in one try on beginner and walked out with 45 rupees more than before I paid. According to tablet, rupees with low amount indicate the bombs aren't nearby as opposed to higher valued rupees (red ones) mean the underground bob-ombs are really close to where you're digging....just in case you didn't know, maybe you did.
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ANIMEguy10034

trugs26

I did... :x

I'm really unlucky at minesweeper.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

[QUOTE="trugs26"]

wiifan001

I put in one try on beginner and walked out with 45 rupees more than before I paid. According to tablet, rupees with low amount indicate the bombs aren't nearby as opposed to higher valued rupees (red ones) mean the underground bob-ombs are really close to where you're digging....just in case you didn't know, maybe you did.

Yeah I had all the probabilities. Just had bad luck haha. Oh well, I'm never doing that game again :P Unless I can get a heart piece out of it.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Sepewrath
Yeah my first pick was a bomb lol.

HAHHAHHAHAHHAH WOW!!!

So I'm in the 2nd dungeon and I'm in a roomwhere it's lava everywhere with rocks spaced out in jumping distance. There's one bokoblin left, and I've only got one heart left.

I deliver a strike to it where it gets knocked back to the next stone. There'slava between the rock I'm on and therockthe Bokoblin gets knocked back to.I use the fatal blow on him and you know how Link always does that backflip onhis fatal blows, right? Well, when he does his backflip he flips himself straight into the freekin lava and my last heart goes out. That's it; Game Over,

my 5th so far :lol:

wiifan001
lol that is classic, that's what he gets for hot dogging it. I must say best water temple ever, I just wish I could keep a souvenir.
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 wiifan001
Earth Temple is a decent dungeon. I like it more than the Skyview Temple. Scaldera is a good boss battle.