Pokemon X and Y Update and Discussion Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#301 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

nintendo supposed to update their pokemon website today. Would like to see a bigger picture of the new region

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#302 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
[QUOTE="Blabadon"]WOOOOOOOOOO NO MORE LINEAR UNOVA Seriously, they got better and better at connecting paths as each gen went on until gen 5. Kanto was okay, Johto was a huge step up, Hoenn was quite open in its pathwork, and Sinnoh was outright amazing in how many ways its cities and routes were interconnected.

sinnoh had that stupid mountain in the way though. i liked hoenn more. and screw complaints about overreliance on surf, it's not like anyone has a team without any water pokes, and surf is about the only HM that's a viable attack.
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#303 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Blabadon"]WOOOOOOOOOO NO MORE LINEAR UNOVA Seriously, they got better and better at connecting paths as each gen went on until gen 5. Kanto was okay, Johto was a huge step up, Hoenn was quite open in its pathwork, and Sinnoh was outright amazing in how many ways its cities and routes were interconnected.

sinnoh had that stupid mountain in the way though. i liked hoenn more. and screw complaints about overreliance on surf, it's not like anyone has a team without any water pokes, and surf is about the only HM that's a viable attack.

I loved Hoenn's abundance of water. It made the game feel different than the other pokemon games that were 90% land. Diving to get to Sootopolis was awesome.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Blabadon"]WOOOOOOOOOO NO MORE LINEAR UNOVA Seriously, they got better and better at connecting paths as each gen went on until gen 5. Kanto was okay, Johto was a huge step up, Hoenn was quite open in its pathwork, and Sinnoh was outright amazing in how many ways its cities and routes were interconnected.

I loved Hoenn's abundance of water. It made the game feel different than the other pokemon games that were 90% land. Diving to get to Sootopolis was awesome.

yeah i liked it too, but i'm a sucker for tropical settings :P
sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#305 sonictrainer
Member since 2008 • 15187 Posts

The English Site had an update! :D

Pokemon X and Y Boxarts

Pokemon

Chespin 

• Chespin apparently knows Vine Whip and later learns Rollout
  • Chespin Trivia: The Grass-type Pokémon Chespin has a tough shell covering its head and back. Despite having a curious nature that tends to get it in trouble, Chespin keeps an optimistic outlook and doesn't worry about small details.

Fennekin

• Fennekin apparently knows Ember and later learns Howl
  • Fennekin Trivia: Searing heat blows from the ears of the Fire-type Pokémon Fennekin. This Pokémon loves to snack on twigs. Fennekin can be temperamental, but it tries to do its best for its Trainer.

Froakie

• Froakie apparently knows Bubble and later learns Quick Attack
  • Froakie Trivia: The Water-type Pokémon Froakie is both light and strong, making it capable of jumping incredibly high. The bubbles on its chest and back protect it from attacks. Froakie may appear absentminded, but in truth it pays close attention to its surroundings at all times.

Helioptile

• "Helioptile" is the recently revealed, new Electric/Normal Type Pokemon
  • Helioptile can learn a new attack called "Parabolic Charge", which heals the user for half the damage it deals to enemies.
  • Helioptile Trivia: Helioptile charges itself by bathing in the light of the sun, providing it with enough energy that it doesn't need to eat!

Fletchling 

• "Fletchling" is the recently, revealed new Flying/Normal Type Pokemon.
  • Fletchling can learn Flame Charge.
  • Fletchling Trivia: With a friendly nature and a beautiful chirp, Fletchling is a popular Pokémon among many Trainers. But Fletchling is also known to be ferocious in battle, capable of unleashing relentless attacks!

Panchum 

• "Panchum" is the recently revealed, new Fighting Type Pokemon.
  • Panchum can learn a new attack called "Parting Shot", where the user lowers the target's Attack and Special Attack, then switches itself out for another Pokémon in the party.
  • Panchum Trivia: With its trademark leaf always sticking out of its mouth, Pancham tries to intimidate its opponents by glaring at them intensely (although this is rarely successful).

Gogoat 

• "Gogoat" is the recently, revealed new Grass Type Pokemon. It keeps its Japanese Name in the English Versions of X and Y.
  • Gogoat can learn Leech Horn.
  • Gogoat Trivia: Gogoat is so large that people are able to able to ride on its back. It's very calm, and can form a strong bond with its Trainer's feelings when its Trainer grabs onto its horns.

Region

Kalos Region

X and Y's English Region name is "Kalos"

Lumiose City

"Lumiose City" is the central city of the Kalos Region. It's similar to Paris

People can get around Lumiose City on the back of Gogoat to shorten their travel times.  

New Features

Male Trainer

You can now customize your Trainer's clothes!

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#306 BrunoBRS
beaten to the punch. but hey, i got something better than all that info. A TRAILER.
HowlingLotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#307 HowlingLotus
Member since 2012 • 657 Posts

I should really pick Black 2 back up. Got to the sixth Gym town and kind of never played it again.... :/. All the new stuff looks good though. I might only play the single player and ignore multiplayer as usual though. 

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

So there's an individual spreading around some unconfirmed XY information, and the creepiest part of it all was that he/she was able to provide the English names of the 4 new pokemon a day before they were officially released.

Here's the story:

Supposed Pokemon XY Insider Information
^That link includes the unconfirmed information about XY. 'Fairy'-type being included in the game, Sylveon being a Fairy-type, Mewtwo having 2 forms instead of one, dual type attacks, etc.

Follow Up to Insider Information
^This is when this 'Hiro' person leaked the English names a day before the official announcement. Check the date and time.

I'm still taking all of the insider information with a grain of salt, but one of them makes a lot of sense: Sylveon's type. Its appearance does not match any of the known types and Gamefreak have been AWFULLY quiet about about Sylveon's type for the past 3 months. There has to be a reason, right?

I wouldn't mind if this turned out to be true. In fact, I would be extremely excited. Fairy's placement in the type chart is very interesting. Dragons are nerfed and Poison and Steel will get more love, especially poison. If Mewtwo gets a second form, then idk what to think. :P Dual type moves? Ehh... They better not be too overpowered. :?

Thoughts?

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

So there's an individual spreading around some unconfirmed XY information, and the creepiest part of it all was that he/she was able to provide the English names of the 4 new pokemon a day before they were officially released.

Here's the story:

^That link includes the unconfirmed information about XY. 'Fairy'-type being included in the game, Sylveon being a Fairy-type, Mewtwo having 2 forms instead of one, dual type attacks, etc.

^This is when this 'Hiro' person leaked the English names a day before the official announcement. Check the date and time.

I'm still taking all of the insider information with a grain of salt, but one of them makes a lot of sense: Sylveon's type. Its appearance does not match any of the known types and Gamefreak have been AWFULLY quiet about about Sylveon's type for the past 3 months. There has to be a reason, right?

I wouldn't mind if this turned out to be true. In fact, I would be extremely excited. Fairy's placement in the type chart is very interesting. Dragons are nerfed and Poison and Steel will get more love, especially poison. If Mewtwo gets a second form, then idk what to think. :P Dual type moves? Ehh... They better not be too overpowered. :?

Thoughts?

ANIMEguy10034
Fairy type sounds really stupid. Light would make more sense since we already have dark. I'm not sure how I feel about Mewtwo having two types, or why mewtwo is even associated with the game at all after being irrelevant since Red/Blue.
sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310 sonictrainer

English Boxarts for X and Y

Here are some of the boxarts.

Sora278

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311 Sora278
Member since 2009 • 1496 Posts

Do not listen to any "inside information" remember Mr. XY and how stupid he made everyone look?  I guess if you believe someone on FOURchan you are stupid though.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

Do not listen to any "inside information" remember Mr. XY and how stupid he made everyone look?  I guess if you believe someone on FOURchan you are stupid though.

Sora278

well one of the guy's who had insider information did release the english names for the pokemon before nintendo released the trailer yesterday so the stuff could be plausible

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313 moltenix
Member since 2008 • 2487 Posts

sonictrainer

Is it just me or does Y have a slightly cooler looking boxart? :P

X seems kinda plain in the background. I know it's not completely white in the background but it's hard to tell. 

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#314 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

[QUOTE="ANIMEguy10034"]

Here's the story:

Thoughts?

Toxic-Seahorse

Fairy type sounds really stupid. Light would make more sense since we already have dark. I'm not sure how I feel about Mewtwo having two types, or why mewtwo is even associated with the game at all after being irrelevant since Red/Blue.

The name could change because in Japan the Dark type is offically Evil type; But you can't officially call a type of creature Evil if your character can control it outside of Japan. They changed it to Dark type so they might change Fairy type to Light type.

metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

Here's the story:

Thoughts?

ANIMEguy10034

Hiro wasn't the one who leaked the English names, but he was the first one to say that Sylveon would be fairy. I didn't really believe it at first, but the fact that someone unrelated has the same info and knew the English names before they released lends it a lot more credibility.

[spoiler] Also I just really want to see Dragon-types nerfed. [/spoiler]

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316 BrunoBRS
i'm all for dual type moves, because stuff like fire punch makes no sense in its current state. HOWEVER, that would require some serious rebalancing of the entire structure of type effectiveness. it could also lead to overcomplicating things, depending on how it's handled. but overall, i'd like to see it happen (provided it's properly done).
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="sonictrainer"]

moltenix

X seems kinda plain in the background. I know it's not completely white in the background but it's hard to tell. 

well the X legendary has white details, so the forest is whiteish outside the X. the Y legendary has black details, so the sky is dark outside the Y.

honestly, i was kinda hoping for the pokemon to be posing like the letters from their respective games :P the X one is practically right.

EDIT: just realized that the Y legendary has legs. i don't know why this surprises me, but i kinda thought it didn't. also, this might be the first time since gen 2 where i like both legendaries. gen 4 and 5 both had lame ass legendaries.

metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

[QUOTE="sonictrainer"]

moltenix

I actually like the increased contrast of X more, but they both have sexy boxarts. I'll be getting Y anyways.

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#319 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
Both boxs art look good, albeit it's not difficult to make a pokemon boxart, they are all the same since Red/Blue lol I'm getting Y, but I'm liking the Xerneas (or whatever is called) a bit more. :P
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#320 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

WOOOOOOOOOO NO MORE LINEAR UNOVA Seriously, they got better and better at connecting paths as each gen went on until gen 5. Kanto was okay, Johto was a huge step up, Hoenn was quite open in its pathwork, and Sinnoh was outright amazing in how many ways its cities and routes were interconnected.Blabadon
I really hope so. It killed the 5th generation for me. It's my only worry about the new games being in complete 3D. Unfortunately the map they showed seem rather basic; hopefully this is just because it's zoomed out overview of the region.

Kalos Region

sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321 sonictrainer

As has been announced within their E3 schedule, Nintendo is due to have a special Pokémon X & Y Presentation/Q&A at one of the roundtables following their Nintendo Direct presentation. This Q&A is to run on June 11th at 6pm Pacific time within the E3 halls and will last 90 minutes. It is run by Junichi Masuda and Tsunekazu Ishihara, the president of The Pokémon Company. It is unknown if the content for this Q&A will be broadcast on the internet, but we'll provide details as it comesSerebii

Sweet

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322 ANIMEguy10034

I just realized that Fairy/Grass and Dark/Flying could be great typings for Xerneas and Yveltal respectively, assuming Fairy-type is real. Both will have an advantage against each other.

Fire/Fighting for Xerneas and Fire/Fighting with Levitate for Yveltal seems like the most obvious choice, though. :P
coughFire/Fighting for Fennekin as well.cough

sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323 sonictrainer

Fairy Type has been confirmed!

Also, the games debut October 12th

sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324 sonictrainer

Another Update from Nintendo's E3 2013 Nintendo Direct

New Trailer: http://youtu.be/gmywDbnC5oc

RELEASE DATE IS OCTOBER 12TH (which is a Saturday).

Pokemon

Sylveon VS Hydregion 

Fairy-type has been officially confirmed!

Pokemon from previous Gens will be reclassified as Fairy-type:

• Jigglypuff is now a Fairy/Normal Type.
  • Marill is now a Fairy/Water Type.
  • Gardevior is now a Fairy/Psychic Type!
  • Sylveon is officially confirmed to be a pure Fairy-type Pokemon.

Sylveon used Moonblast!

So far, it has been revealed that Fairy-type attacks are super-effective against Dragon-type Pokemon. 

One of the Fairy-type Attacks is called "Moonblast", that is powerful and can also lower its target's Sp. Atk stat.

Noivern

• "Noivern" is the recently revealed, new Dragon/Flying Type Pokemon.
  • Noivern can learn a new attack called "Boomblast".
  • Noivern Trivia: "Noivern is extremely combative toward anything that wanders too close to it. It flies through even the darkest nights using ultrasonic waves it emits from its ears. This Pokémon loves fruit, and feeding it fruit will keep it calm. The waves Noivern emits from its ears are strong enough to reduce large boulders to rubble."

Vivillon 

• "Vivillon" is the recently, revealed new Bug/Flying Type Pokemon.
  • Vivillon can learn Struggle Bug.
  • Vivillon Trivia: "The Bug- and Flying-type Pokémon Vivillon uses its wings to scatter its scales or create a strong wind to attack. Vivillon is said to have a secret hidden in the colorful decorative pattern on its wings. Vivillon can use its wings to blow up a strong wind to attack."

New Features: Pokemon-Amie

Pokemon-amie

Show your Pokémon some love with the new Pokémon-Amie feature! Play with your Pokémon, give them treats, and even scratch and pet them using the Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo 3DS XL system's Touch Screen.

You can use Pokémon-Amie at any time to play with the Pokémon that are in your team. You'll need to play with them over and over to learn their preferred way of being cared for. Treat them well to make them feel loved. Treat them badly, and they may show their displeasure!

The more you play with your Pokémon, the friendlier they will become. Friendly Pokémon may perform better in battle, and maybe other good things will happen, too!

Official Pokemon Website US

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326 ANIMEguy10034

I may start using Gardevoir in my team. :P

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327 moltenix

Yay new Fairy type! :D

I put in a preorder for Pokemon Y the other day.

sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328 sonictrainer

Yay new Fairy type! :D

I put in a preorder for Pokemon Y the other day.

moltenix

I'll be getting X. :D

Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329 Nintendo_Ownes7

Fairy Type has been confirmed!

Also, the games debut October 12th

sonictrainer

I plan on getting both.

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330 moltenix

I wonder what new info will come out of the Pokemon Q&A session this evening (at least I think it's this evening).

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#332 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

New pokes.

pokemon-x-y-e3-new-pokemon-1.jpg

pokemon-x-y-e3-new-pokemon-3b.jpg

pokemon-x-y-e3-new-pokemon-2.jpg

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333 ANIMEguy10034

The purple seahorse pokemon is called Skrelp. Skrelp is a Water/Poison-type Pokemon.

The blue lobster-looking thing is called Clauncher. Clauncher is a Water-type Pokemon.

The bird battling Haunter is called Talonflame. Talonflame is a Fire/Flying-type Pokemon and the evolution of Fletchling.

You can pick your language at the start of the game.

Rhyhorn is a rideable pokemon, like Gogoat.

PSS (Player Search System) will allow players to search for others locally or globally (Wi-Fi) to battle and trade. Split into Friends, Acquaintances, and those you Pass By. They can be promoted all the way up to friends as you interact, and can hold up to 100 friends.

Sky Battles confirmed; only Flying-type pokemon and pokemon that can levitate can participate.

Horde Encounters: A new type of wild battles. 5 vs 1. Encounters may include multiple species of pokemon rather than one.

Single Save File confirmed. (boo!)

EVs and IVs will be more visible (but the question is, how visible?).

Multiple methods of transportation.

PSS syncs with your 3DS Friends List.

You can select specific music tracks to be used while battling a friend.

Riding pokemon will have advantages depending on the terrain. Rhyhorn, for example, will be useful for rocky areas.

There is 8-directional movement. It's still a grid because it's easier for players to understand. It's also better for encountering wild Pokemon. Roller skates and other things can move the character off the grid though.

The game music will apparently be less digitized now. Will have a different feeling.

Someone asked about Mewtwo formes and they replied with "no comment."

No to Pokemon Red and Blue on th eShop.

No comment on the game's villainous team(s).

There will be a rival but the focus will be on connecting with others now instead of just the rival.

Avatar image for longtimelurker0
longtimelurker0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334 longtimelurker0
Member since 2013 • 190 Posts

flying battles? this is shaping up to be the best pokemon game ever. I cant wait!

Tokeism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335 Tokeism
Member since 2006 • 2365 Posts
Cannot wait for this game....now all I need is a 3DS
sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336 sonictrainer

New Information from Corocoro:

Pokemon

Shishiko

• "Shishiko" is the Japanese Name of the recently revealed, new Fire/Normal Type Pokemon, who was also revealed in yesterday's Pokemon X and Y Q and A at E3.
  • Shishiko can learn a new attack called "War Cry", which can lower the opponent's attack.
  • Shishiko Trivia: "This Pokemon has a temper, is quick to fight, and lives in packs. When they become stronger, they leave their packs to go live alone. The red bang on its head emits heat."

Furabebe 

• "Furabebe" is the Japanese name of the recently, revealed new Fairy Type Pokemon.
  • Furabebe can learn Fairy Wind.
  • Furabebe Trivia: "When this Pokemon is born, it looks for a flower and stays with it for its entire life. There may be Furabebe that are holding on to different flowers in the games"

Human Characters

Coming Soon

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337 ANIMEguy10034

Yes! A fire lion pokemon! :D

I'm really liking Furabebe's concept. Really adorable. :)

I love how different your hometime friends look like. They all vary in size and appearance.

zeroyaoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338 zeroyaoi
Member since 2013 • 2472 Posts
I like the covers. I'm probably going to go with Y.

Yes! A fire lion pokemon! :D

I'm really liking Furabebe's concept. Really adorable. :)

I love how different your hometime friends look like. They all vary in size and appearance.

ANIMEguy10034
Awesome avatar and signature theme. :)
moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339 moltenix

This game is gonna be awesome! :o

Forget year of Luigi, this is year of 3DS!

I hope we some more "weird" Pokemon like Vanilluxe again; sometimes I think i'm the only one that likes that awesome two headed ice cream cone.

Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340 Nintendo_Ownes7

This game is gonna be awesome! :o

Forget year of Luigi, this is year of 3DS!

I hope we some more "weird" Pokemon like Vanilluxe again; sometimes I think i'm the only one that likes that awesome two headed ice cream cone.

moltenix

I like those; One of my favorites from Generation V is the Litwick, Lampent, and Chandelure evolution line.

sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341 sonictrainer

The English Site now has a third update and we can get some English Names! 

Pokémon

Litleo

• "Litleo" is the recently revealed, new Fire/Normal Type Pokémon
  • Litleo can learn a new attack called "Noble Roar", which can lower opponents Attack and Sp. Atk.
  • Litleo Trivia: The hot-blooded Litleo is always ready for a good fight! Its mane blazes with heat during battle, burning hotter and hotter the stronger its opponent. In the wild, Litleo will venture out on its own to make its way in the world.

Flabébé

• "Flabébé" is the recently, revealed new Fairy TypePokémon.
  • Flabébé can learn Fairy Wind, a brand new Fairy-Type attack.
  • Flabébé Trivia: Another newly discovered Fairy-type Pokémon, Flabébé clings to a flower early on, and then cares for it for its entire life. Because of this, Flabébé may be found holding flowers of different colors. Flabébé can draw forth the power that lies within flowers and use it freely in moves.

Scatterbug 

• "Scatterbug" is the recently revealed, new Bug TypePokémon and the first member of Vivillon's Evolutionary Family.
  • Panchum can learn String Shot.
  • Panchum Trivia: The Bug-type Scatterbug resides mostly in forests and wild plains. After Scatterbug has reached a high enough level, it will evolve into Spewpa. This Bug type uses the fur around its neck to control its body temperature. Scatterbug can survive in any area, regardless of climate.

Spewpa

• "Spewpa" is the recently, revealed new Bug-TypePokémon. It is the evolve form of Scatterbug and later evolves into Vivillon.
  • Spewpa can learn Protect.
  • Spewpa Trivia: Spewpa is the middle Pokémon of this evolutionary chain. With enough experience gained from battle, Spewpa will eventually evolve into Vivillon. Spewpa gains a stiff carapace once it evolves from Scatterbug, so less forceful attacks will hardly make a scratch.

Region

Vaniville Town

The Main Character's Hometown, and where the game starts, is called "Vaniville Town"

Santalune City

"Santalune City" is the next area you can get to and where the first Gym is located.

People can get around Lumiose City on the back of Gogoat to shorten their travel times.

Santalune City GymSantalune City Gym (Interior)

The Santalune City Gym's specialty is Bug-Type Pokémon. 

New Human Characters

Shauna

Shauna is one of your 4 friends and Rivals.

According to the US website, she is an energetic girl who is eager to discover her own dreams. But she's also genuinely curious about her friends' progress in their travels!

Tierno

Tierno is one of your 4 friends and Rivals.

According to the US website, Tierno is burly and nimble, and his goal is to create a dance team with his Pokémon! He pays close attention to Pokémon when they battle to see he if he can incorporate their actions into new dance moves.

Trevor

Trevor is one of your 4 friends and Rivals.

According to the US website, Trevor's goal is to be the first of the group to complete his Pokédex. He's a great student, bursting with curiosity, but he admits that he has much to learn to become a great Trainer.

SerenaCalem

Your next door neighbor is of one of your 4 friends and Rivals.

If you choose to play as a male, you will have Serena. If you choose to play as a female, you will have Calem.

Viola

Viola is the Gym Leader in Santalune City. She's also a professional Pokémon photographer. She uses Bug-Type Pokémon.

Alexa

This is "Alexa", a journalist who works in Lumiose City and travels all around the world for her job. She is Viola's older sister.

New Features

Pokemon-amie

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342 ANIMEguy10034

Bug as first gym? Cool. Hopefully I can get a Fletchling before reaching Santalune.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
Damn, 6th gen is looking amazing. This truly is the upgrade the series has needed for a long time.
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#344 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
I want to be October. Yes, I (me) WANT TO BE OCTOBER. :P
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345 BrunoBRS
the rival girl is like a fusion of all the horrible hairstyles that female protagonists have had since gen 2. and it seems your main rival is just the opposite sex trainer without the hat.
Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346 Optical_Order
Member since 2008 • 5100 Posts

Preordered Y today. 

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347 moltenix

Oh dear, October is gonna be one hectic month with Pokemon + a whole bunch of other things coming out.

Oh well, Pokemon is priority number one like always. :P

Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348 Nintendo_Ownes7

the rival girl is like a fusion of all the horrible hairstyles that female protagonists have had since gen 2. and it seems your main rival is just the opposite sex trainer without the hat.BrunoBRS
Well the Female rival also has different hairstyle.

KnightSkull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349 KnightSkull
Member since 2011 • 1481 Posts

I am now starting to really look forward to these games, I think I may have to get both X and Y...

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]the rival girl is like a fusion of all the horrible hairstyles that female protagonists have had since gen 2. and it seems your main rival is just the opposite sex trainer without the hat.Nintendo_Ownes7

Well the Female rival also has different hairstyle.

hardly different, and apparently you can choose different haircuts.