Pokemon X and Y Update and Discussion Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vguy555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#251 vguy555
Member since 2007 • 4625 Posts

Thinking of purchasing White I  & Black II to tide me over before this title is released. Quick questions though if I may. I've read that Black & White II are sequels to the originals. Is this true? Is Black II not just a remake but rather, a sequel of Black I? If so, then it's obvious that Black I and Black II have different plots, correct? How about Pokemon though? Are they in anyway, different?

dissembled

Yes Black 2 is a sequel, as for the Pokemon, you won't find any new ones introduced.  To the best of my memory, I believe that you encounter only Gen V pokemon until beating the Elite Four, whereas in Black 2, you will find pokemon from the older generations near the start of the game. 

dissembled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#252 dissembled
Member since 2003 • 357 Posts

[QUOTE="dissembled"]

Thinking of purchasing White I  & Black II to tide me over before this title is released. Quick questions though if I may. I've read that Black & White II are sequels to the originals. Is this true? Is Black II not just a remake but rather, a sequel of Black I? If so, then it's obvious that Black I and Black II have different plots, correct? How about Pokemon though? Are they in anyway, different?

vguy555

Yes Black 2 is a sequel, as for the Pokemon, you won't find any new ones introduced.  To the best of my memory, I believe that you encounter only Gen V pokemon until beating the Elite Four, whereas in Black 2, you will find pokemon from the older generations near the start of the game. 

Thank you. I'll probably purchase Black II first and will buy White I later on. I hope having played the first iteration is not required to understand the plot of Black II.

metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

Thank you. I'll probably purchase Black II first and will buy White I later on. I hope having played the first iteration is not required to understand the plot of Black II.

dissembled

BW2 basically improved upon everything gameplay-wise, you're not missing out on much if you skip the originals. The plot is pretty bare-bones, and I just don't think it's worth it to go back and play BW1 for it when the sequels are so much better.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#254 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

When X and Y hit, my 3DS gaming is going to sky rocket. I don't think there is a single pokemongame I haven't put over 200 hours of game time into. That is to say all the main games I bought (Gold, Sapphire, Firered, Pearl, White)

sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#255 sonictrainer
Member since 2008 • 15187 Posts

There's some news coming this Saturday :D

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

Im hoping there is a way to transfer pokemon from 4th gen straight to X/Y. I havent gotten to 5th gen (Finishing up my platinum playthrough, and restarting soulsilver) and dont really care to buy a fith gen game just to transfer over to X/Y. Its nothing agasint 5th gen, but with X/Y around the corner, no real point to get it, as I imagine most of fith gen pokemon will be obtainable. 

sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 sonictrainer

Looks like Mewtwo may be getting a new form. :shock:

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

New Mewtwo Forme

"A new pokemon with a familiar look." Did Team Plasma also attempted to clone Mew? :P

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#259 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

New Mewtwo Forme

"A new pokemon with a familiar look." Did Team Plasma also attempted to clone Mew? :P

ANIMEguy10034
Your quote makes it sound like this isn't a Mewtwo form but Mewthree, hopefully this is the case.
dissembled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 dissembled
Member since 2003 • 357 Posts

Was that the big annoucement? Their Twitter page hasn't updated since yesterday though.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 ANIMEguy10034

Your quote makes it sound like this isn't a Mewtwo form but Mewthree, hopefully this is the case.Minishdriveby
According to the video title, this is exactly the case. :P

Was that the big annoucement? Their Twitter page hasn't updated since yesterday though.

dissembled

I'm kind of hoping for more stuff to be revealed.

HowlingLotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#262 HowlingLotus
Member since 2012 • 657 Posts

Gamefreak/Nintendo "Hey Pokemon Fans! Big news incoming!" 

Everyone "Yay"

Gamefreak/Nintendo "lol nope. Just an old pokemon remodeled/new form and a 30 second battle trailer"

Everyone "Oh"

Although I must say the new battle style looks refreshing. I haven't touched Black 2 in ages and stopped playing Black 1 after I beat the main story. Really hoping they do a lot of new things for this generation of Pokemon. 

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#263 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
what i took from it: the combat looks visually awesome.
metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 metroidfood

what i took from it: the combat looks visually awesome.BrunoBRS

Definitely, though I wish we could see more of a battle though. Nintendo has always been very tightlipped, but 6 months away from a global release and they've given us scraps. I'd like to hear more about what changes they're making to gameplay.

Also, I wish they'd put the trailers up on the eShop in native resolution 3D.

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 moltenix
Member since 2008 • 2487 Posts

Well, that's certainly an interesting looking Pokemon. Mewthree? :P

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 BrunoBRS

Well, that's certainly an interesting looking Pokemon. Mewthree? :P

moltenix
i prefer xenomewph :P
sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 sonictrainer

There's a rumor going around that there may be a new type of Pokemon added in X and Y: the "Fairy" Type.

Supposedly, Sylveon is this new "Fairy" type.

Avatar image for Soulreavercross
Soulreavercross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#268 Soulreavercross
Member since 2003 • 19890 Posts

There's a rumor going around that there may be a new type of Pokemon added in X and Y: the "Fairy" Type.

sonictrainer
Rumor is that it can also be a 'light' type and even heard a 'sound' type
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 ANIMEguy10034

I wouldn't be surprised if one of those rumors were true. It has been two months and they haven't revealed Sylveon's type. They're awfully quiet about it and there has to be be a reason for keeping it a mystery.

metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 metroidfood

[QUOTE="sonictrainer"]

Soulreavercross

I heard the only way to find these kind of Pokemon is to beat the Elite 4 100 times then look under the truck in Bill's backyard.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="Soulreavercross"][QUOTE="sonictrainer"]

metroidfood

I heard the only way to find these kind of Pokemon is to beat the Elite 4 100 times then look under the truck in Bill's backyard.

lol. also, your sig is amusing.
Tweedsiders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 Tweedsiders
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
@Zeroyaoi Yes, in black two there are areas post game where you can capture pokemon from previous games, (I'm sure, but i could be wrong.), theres also the pokemon transfer labs in the post game where you can transfer pokemon from the fourth generation to black 2, a feature also in black 1,. As for if you can transfer pokemon to x&y, nobody really knows yet, i'm sure they will include something similar to the transfer labs, but as of yet, there is no official confirmation of a transfer method. Black 2 is a pretty good game, if you have troubles and you have a friend with white 2 they can send an easy key over which reduces the level of pokemon held by trainers and gym leaders, whereas black 2 gains the challenge key, which makes things harder. Hope this helps.
zeroyaoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 zeroyaoi
Member since 2013 • 2472 Posts

I've never been interested in the pokemon series(I've messed with the game for a couple of minutes), until recently. I was wondering if Black 2 would be the game to start with? I've checked the previous versions and they cost a lot more money.

So here are some questions:

Is it possible to capture pokemons from previous games?

If I do like the game, is there anyway to transfer my pokemons to the upcoming pokemon xy?

sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#274 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts

I'm so excited for these games, I'm getting X

zeroyaoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 zeroyaoi
[QUOTE="Tweedsiders"]@Zeroyaoi Yes, in black two there are areas post game where you can capture pokemon from previous games, (I'm sure, but i could be wrong.), theres also the pokemon transfer labs in the post game where you can transfer pokemon from the fourth generation to black 2, a feature also in black 1,. As for if you can transfer pokemon to x&y, nobody really knows yet, i'm sure they will include something similar to the transfer labs, but as of yet, there is no official confirmation of a transfer method. Black 2 is a pretty good game, if you have troubles and you have a friend with white 2 they can send an easy key over which reduces the level of pokemon held by trainers and gym leaders, whereas black 2 gains the challenge key, which makes things harder. Hope this helps.

That's very helpful. :) So it sounds like I wont be able to get the very old pokemons(gen 1,2 and 3) right? I know in the end it's up to me, but do you think it would be a good idea to get black 2 when XY isn't that far off? Last question :P is XY using gen 4 pokemons?
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="zeroyaoi"][QUOTE="Tweedsiders"]@Zeroyaoi Yes, in black two there are areas post game where you can capture pokemon from previous games, (I'm sure, but i could be wrong.), theres also the pokemon transfer labs in the post game where you can transfer pokemon from the fourth generation to black 2, a feature also in black 1,. As for if you can transfer pokemon to x&y, nobody really knows yet, i'm sure they will include something similar to the transfer labs, but as of yet, there is no official confirmation of a transfer method. Black 2 is a pretty good game, if you have troubles and you have a friend with white 2 they can send an easy key over which reduces the level of pokemon held by trainers and gym leaders, whereas black 2 gains the challenge key, which makes things harder. Hope this helps.

That's very helpful. :) So it sounds like I wont be able to get the very old pokemons(gen 1,2 and 3) right? I know in the end it's up to me, but do you think it would be a good idea to get black 2 when XY isn't that far off? Last question :P is XY using gen 4 pokemons?

when he says "previous gens", i accounts for all of them. the reason he mentions gen 4 specifically is because it's the DS gen before black/white. X and Y will most likely have some gen 4 pokemon.
Tweedsiders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 Tweedsiders
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Yeah, i didn't word that very well, sorry. What i meant by fourth gen was any pokemon caught in the fourth generation (Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heargold and soulsilver.) can be sent to both black and white and there sequels, black 2 and white 2, it is possible in the fourth generation to capture all pokemon from previous generations, particularly in heartgold and soulsilver, which i think is the easiest games to catch all 490 pokemon (may have missed a few there.) as for if you should get black 2 with x&y coming soon, it would grant some benefits, if there is a transfer method, you could send pokemon from it to x&y to complete the pokedex, Be warned though, if there is a transfer, it more then likely you cannot send the pokemon back to black 2 once sent to x&y, just minor benefits, but like you said, that's totally up to you. One good method of doing this would be like this, assume i have diamond, black and X and X has a transfer method. Diamond ---> Black 1/2 ---> X Like that. Sorry for the long post, just clearing some mistakes i made.
Morphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#278 Morphic
Member since 2003 • 4345 Posts

Why are there never any lightning starters?

metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 metroidfood

Why are there never any lightning starters?

Morphic

Because you can't have a perfectly balanced trio without Fire/Water/Grass.

Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 Blake135
Member since 2008 • 3994 Posts

Haven't gotten into a Pokemon game since Gold/Silver, and alittle into Ruby. Battle System is a huge improvement, rest of the game still kinda looks like Ass don't know if it is enough to make jump on another Pokemon game. Ill keep a eye out and see how it turns out.

zeroyaoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 zeroyaoi

Yeah, i didn't word that very well, sorry. What i meant by fourth gen was any pokemon caught in the fourth generation (Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heargold and soulsilver.) can be sent to both black and white and there sequels, black 2 and white 2, it is possible in the fourth generation to capture all pokemon from previous generations, particularly in heartgold and soulsilver, which i think is the easiest games to catch all 490 pokemon (may have missed a few there.) as for if you should get black 2 with x&y coming soon, it would grant some benefits, if there is a transfer method, you could send pokemon from it to x&y to complete the pokedex, Be warned though, if there is a transfer, it more then likely you cannot send the pokemon back to black 2 once sent to x&y, just minor benefits, but like you said, that's totally up to you. One good method of doing this would be like this, assume i have diamond, black and X and X has a transfer method. Diamond ---> Black 1/2 ---> X Like that. Sorry for the long post, just clearing some mistakes i made.Tweedsiders
No problem, thanks for helping(you too bruno). I'm going to get black 2 on Friday. :)

sonyfreak456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282 sonyfreak456
Member since 2013 • 46 Posts
New Mewtwo and New Pokemon with 3D visuals!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
I guess they will release a new set of expansions for the trading card game too, alongside the release of XY.
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284 ANIMEguy10034

New corocoro scans revealed!

Looks legit, but unconfirmed.

(ugh, gamespot will not let me copy/paste the pics)

Scan 1

Scan 2

Scan 3

Scan 4

Scan 5

First, the Pokémon on the far right is called Gogoat and is the Riding Pokémon. It's Grass-type, 1.7m and 91.0kg. You can actually ride this Pokémon in the field. It can learn Horn Leech
The lizard is called Elikiteru and is a Electric/Normal-type. It is the Generation Pokémon and is 0.5m and 6.0kg. It has a new move called Parabola Charge which heals the user while damaging opponents. It uses solar rays to generate electricityP
The bird is called Yayakoma and is the Japanese Robin Pokémon. It is Normal/Flying, 0.3m and 1.7kg. It announces itself with a beautiful voice. It can use the move Nitro Charge
The panda is called Yancham and is the Naughty Pokémon. It is Fighting-type, 0.6m and 8.0kg. It has a new move called Parting Remark
There appears to be more including the game's boxarts, and the Pokédex, as well as the region map but it's not completely visible. We'll bring more as it comes so be sure to keep checking. It also promises more information on Gogoat on a later page.
The game is set in the Karos Region which appears to be based on France. You can customise your trainer slightly with hair colour and skin shade. Main city is Miare City which is where it is seen to ride Gogoat
We have the cover and it shows that these four Pokémon may be the only new ones in it. It also shows the boxart

Serebii

Yay! Mediocre customization is better than no customization! :D
Gogoat seems interesting and I'm loving Yancham.

HowlingLotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#285 HowlingLotus
Member since 2012 • 657 Posts

Pokemon mounts!?

It's about time :cool:

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286 ANIMEguy10034

Here are the scans (for the lazy):

[spoiler]

corocoro-1.jpg

corocoro-4.jpg

corocoro-2.jpg

corocoro-5.jpg

corocoro-3.jpg

[/spoiler]

Additional info on the starters:

Chespin, the Chestnut Pokemon, is covered by a hard shell on its head and back that it uses to protect itself from attacks. It is able to make the spikes on its head shell sharper by focusing its energy. It knows Tackle, Growl, Vine Whip, and Rollout.

Fennekin, the Fox Pokemon, shoots fire out of its ears at 200 degrees Celsius. It often carries around its favorite food to snack on it.

Froakie, the Bubble Frog Pokemon, can jump up to the height of a three-story building. Its bubbles are resistant and protect it from attacks. It can shoot foam at its opponent's face to blind them.

The visuals look great in the scans. I can't wait to see footage and clearer screenshots.

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#287 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

Those trainers look so... FRENCH! Which is apparently awesome. :) I think that's my favorite male trainer right there.

Yamcham is very cute! I was surprised to read that it's a fighting type but that only adds to the awesomeness.

Gogoat is also really cool. A+ design.

That bird looks like it's going to fall over at any minute... meh.

Is that a lizard? Pass.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 ANIMEguy10034

Those trainers look so... FRENCH! Pixel-Perfect

They're fabulously fashionable~ :P

And I really cannot wait to see Yancham's final evolution. It better not evolve into the generic kung fu panda!

Sora278

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 Sora278
Member since 2009 • 1496 Posts

Those trainers look so... FRENCH! Which is apparently awesome. :) I think that's my favorite male trainer right there.

Yamcham is very cute! I was surprised to read that it's a fighting type but that only adds to the awesomeness.

Is that a lizard? Pass.

Pixel-Perfect

I think the bird is going to evolve into something awesome like a phoenix.  The lizard I think is pretty meh but other people really love it.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#290 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
Does this count as the official hype thread?
Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291 Pixel-Perfect

Does this count as the official hype thread?Blabadon

Hmm, it hasn't received the Pixel-Perfect seal of approval yet. :P

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292 Pixel-Perfect

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

Is that a lizard? Pass.

Sora278

I think the bird is going to evolve into something awesome like a phoenix.  The lizard I think is pretty meh but other people really love it.

That would be cool. I love Pidove (I actually have one in plushy form) but its evolutions were super disappointing, so they won't be hard to beat. 

I really don't like that Lizard. That to me is right up there with all my least favorite fifth-genners. 

sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293 sonictrainer

Does this count as the official hype thread?Blabadon

Just about. :D

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294 BrunoBRS

Pixel-Perfect
i thought they were supposed to look french, i could swear i read it somewhere :P also, the guy is still wearing chick glasses. i better be able to replace it with... anything, maybe even nothing. also, gen 5 male trainer >>>>> on a side note, i don't understand people's love for the new pokes. the goat is ok, the new pidgey is, well, it's just a new pidgey, and that lizard looks so stupid, and yet people love it.
Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295 Pixel-Perfect

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

BrunoBRS

i thought they were supposed to look french, i could swear i read it somewhere :P also, the guy is still wearing chick glasses. i better be able to replace it with... anything, maybe even nothing. also, gen 5 male trainer >>>>> on a side note, i don't understand people's love for the new pokes. the goat is ok, the new pidgey is, well, it's just a new pidgey, and that lizard looks so stupid, and yet people love it.

Yeah, they're supposed to look French. Mission accomplished, Gamefreak! I'm actually with you on the bird and especially the lizard. :P

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

X cover looks pretty good though I'm still going to get Y. Would get both if each version has a large selection of exlusive content.

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297 moltenix
Member since 2008 • 2487 Posts

Kung Fu Panda ftw! :D

Goat  = Awesome

Lizard & Bird = :?->:lol:->:(

sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298 sonictrainer

I have 2 Maps:

8736900304_fc03103c8a_z.jpg

tumblr_mmn2ya5LwZ1rejfado1_500.png

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299 BrunoBRS

I have 2 Maps:

8736900304_fc03103c8a_z.jpg

tumblr_mmn2ya5LwZ1rejfado1_500.png

sonictrainer

well, they did run out of japanese areas at gen 5. at least this time they're not basing a whole region on a single city (or rather, a part of a city).

also, i hope the world is more like gen 3, with lots of interconnections, routes and places between cities, rather than the painfully linear stuff of gen 5.

EDIT: i also hope that now that they have the technology, they make more cities feel like actual cities and less like barely-populated neighborhoods. they did it with exactly ONE city in gen 5, they should expand on that for all cities. not necessarily the ocean of people running everywhere, just the bigger, more crowded feel. even towns/villages shouldn't be restricted to like, 4 or 5 houses and a poke center. that's really something that kinda annoyed me with pokemon, most cities didn't have the scope they should.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#300 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
WOOOOOOOOOO NO MORE LINEAR UNOVA Seriously, they got better and better at connecting paths as each gen went on until gen 5. Kanto was okay, Johto was a huge step up, Hoenn was quite open in its pathwork, and Sinnoh was outright amazing in how many ways its cities and routes were interconnected.