Most underrated launch ever?

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 dzimm
Member since 2006 • 6615 Posts

So what's up with the lukewarm reception from reviewers? My experience with some of the games in question tells me that they've been underrated to an embarassing degree (Gamespot's review of Steel Diver is an obvious example). Is it the fact that reviewers have only had the 3DS for a week and had to rush through a dozen games to get their reviews done? Did the pressure affect their perceptions, making the games less enjoyable than if they had taken their time to savor the experience?

It's telling that this is one of the strongest launch line-ups in recent memory but has received some of the lowest scores.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
A lot of reviews I've seen have talked about nothing new, which I suppose is true of most of the games, Monkey Ball, Ridge Racer, Rayman, Splinter Cell and SSF4 don't really have much for people that played previous titles or already played the game in some other form. But it's sort of a bad way to review things really, what about the load of people that HAVEN'T played previous games or the game already.
CrazyOldDave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 CrazyOldDave
Member since 2009 • 245 Posts

I agree with you, Rayman 3D has been phenomenal, and I want to buy Samurai Warriors: Chronicles based on fellow gamers responses. The reviewers this time round have been almost useless. I also feel as if SSFIV is better on the 3DS even though it got lower scores than the console version for no decent reason.

BigBoss255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 BigBoss255
Member since 2010 • 3539 Posts
I disagree, as much as I want to get the 3ds nothing appeals to me in the slightest. I wish SC hadn't been so rushed. I would have got it just to play Pokemon HG/ Black on but the BC is dreadful.
dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dzimm

The reviewers this time round have been almost useless.

CrazyOldDave

O.K., so I'm not the only one who feels this way, because there's little relation between what the reviewer's told me to expect and my actual experience.

And definitely get Samurai Warriors Chronicles. It's my favorite launch title.

CrazyOldDave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CrazyOldDave
Member since 2009 • 245 Posts

[QUOTE="CrazyOldDave"]

The reviewers this time round have been almost useless.

dzimm

O.K., so I'm not the only one who feels this way, because there's little relation between what the reviewer's told me to expect and my actual experience.

And definitely get Samurai Warriors Chronicles. It's my favorite launch title.

That's the way I would put it as well. The games I have played so far have made me feel overwhelmed with fun and joy. I have even forgot I have consoles and PC games. The critics on the other hand are being far too critical, maybe they thought they were playing on a powerhouse PC where most of the games look really good because if so they are wrong.

vtbob88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 vtbob88
Member since 2007 • 638 Posts

I completely agree, I was shocked when I saw a 4.5 for steel diver. Ive really enjoyed what I have played of it. It seems like they lowered the review because it isn't a fast paced game, must be the short attention span. And the fact that SSF4 is really the only game getting generally positive reviews shows the underatted launch.

gokuofheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 gokuofheaven
Member since 2004 • 3452 Posts
Launch titles are luke warm. Nothing special.
NerdyDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NerdyDonut
Member since 2010 • 197 Posts

I don't know about it being the most underated launch ever but I definitely think it's underated. Quite a few of the games look good to me.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
Launch titles are luke warm. Nothing special.gokuofheaven
I cant really think of any launches that really had must haves other than my mario 64 on n64 or halo on orginal xbox. I think the 3ds was at least average if not slightly better than average for a system launch.
AstralDrmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AstralDrmz
Member since 2009 • 784 Posts
I disagree, as much as I want to get the 3ds nothing appeals to me in the slightest. I wish SC hadn't been so rushed. I would have got it just to play Pokemon HG/ Black on but the BC is dreadful.BigBoss255
I'm thinking troll. BC isn't dreadful. I guess it's a matter of opinion, but still.
pizzamanopenup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 pizzamanopenup
Member since 2005 • 1350 Posts

Pretty much every game on the launch line-up was either rushed or re-hashed. There's not a lot of meat to this launch, pure and simple. It wouldn't be the first time this has happened with a system.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
well pilotwings seems quite short, despite being my game of choice (if i were to get one). street fighter is almost 3 (4?) years old. ghost recon actually sounds like a lot of fun, but it's not a game that showcases the 3D well. samurai warriors is samurai warriors and steel diver seems like a like it or hate it game. there are some other games, but commenting on them wouldn't bring anything to the discussion. so while gamespot does sound pretty harsh, the lineup isn't anything to brag about either.
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
well pilotwings seems quite short, despite being my game of choice (if i were to get one). street fighter is almost 3 (4?) years old. ghost recon actually sounds like a lot of fun, but it's not a game that showcases the 3D well. samurai warriors is samurai warriors and steel diver seems like a like it or hate it game. there are some other games, but commenting on them wouldn't bring anything to the discussion. so while gamespot does sound pretty harsh, the lineup isn't anything to brag about either.BrunoBRS
Super Street Fighter 4 came out last April for the other systems.
metswonin69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 metswonin69
Member since 2006 • 1083 Posts

This lineup is just pretty bad overall.

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dzimm

metswonin69

That's the thing, it's not. The only fair criticism is that some of the games are arguably light on content, but that doesn't make them bad. Frankly, I don't think length figures prominently into a reasonable evaluation of the quality of a game. I've played great games that are short and lousy games that are long, so length, in my opinion, doesn't affect nor is it an indicator of quality.

So despite the "lack of content" in some, I feel the majority of the launch titles are well-designed and fun games that any gamer will enjoy playing.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]well pilotwings seems quite short, despite being my game of choice (if i were to get one). street fighter is almost 3 (4?) years old. ghost recon actually sounds like a lot of fun, but it's not a game that showcases the 3D well. samurai warriors is samurai warriors and steel diver seems like a like it or hate it game. there are some other games, but commenting on them wouldn't bring anything to the discussion. so while gamespot does sound pretty harsh, the lineup isn't anything to brag about either.AutoPilotOn

i meant the original SF. honestly, super is just $40 worth of DLC crammed into an $60 disc.
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]well pilotwings seems quite short, despite being my game of choice (if i were to get one). street fighter is almost 3 (4?) years old. ghost recon actually sounds like a lot of fun, but it's not a game that showcases the 3D well. samurai warriors is samurai warriors and steel diver seems like a like it or hate it game. there are some other games, but commenting on them wouldn't bring anything to the discussion. so while gamespot does sound pretty harsh, the lineup isn't anything to brag about either.AutoPilotOn

also the orginal SF4 came out in 09 so at the most it would be 2 years. It's still hands down the best thing the 3DS has right now.

I feel it is a horrible launch though. SF4 and ghost recon excluded most of the games are awful and the ones that are actually decent dont provide a good value for the money your paying. I ended up getting a few DS games and no 3DS games. My first 3DS game will most likely be DOA demensions.

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Gen007

[QUOTE="AutoPilotOn"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]well pilotwings seems quite short, despite being my game of choice (if i were to get one). street fighter is almost 3 (4?) years old. ghost recon actually sounds like a lot of fun, but it's not a game that showcases the 3D well. samurai warriors is samurai warriors and steel diver seems like a like it or hate it game. there are some other games, but commenting on them wouldn't bring anything to the discussion. so while gamespot does sound pretty harsh, the lineup isn't anything to brag about either.BrunoBRS

i meant the original SF. honestly, super is just $40 worth of DLC crammed into an $60 disc.

well SSF4 only was $40 when it first came out so i dont know where the $60 disc thing is coming from. Overall though SSF4 was worth it because it added so much new content over SF4. 10 new characters is a lot. Some games barley have over 10 characters (e.g BlazBlue) on top of that you had more stages , more modes and basically just more everything. It was worth the money and the prcie dropped fast so most people got it for much less.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BrunoBRS
^ well i was just estimating prices, seeing as discs over here cost double the price. and when 70% of the characters are clones, i don't really see it as a good thing over a game that has 14 absurdly different characters (e.g. BlazBlue). hell, look at MvC3, the roster is rather large and there aren't really "clones". except for X-23, but she's a different kind of clone :P
dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dzimm

SF4 and ghost recon excluded most of the games are awful...Gen007

And I would also exclude Steel Diver, Pilotwings Resort, Samurai Warrior Chronicles, Nintendogs + Cats, and Madden NFL. Say what you want about them but they're far from awful. On the contrary, they're all well-made games that offer good value for the money (provided you're not trying to rush through them as quickly as possible to meet a review deadline).

Honestly, you're not doing much to dispel the notion that the launch line-up is underrated. :P

ItsEvolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ItsEvolution
Member since 2008 • 2593 Posts

Nintendogs + Cats are barely "games", and they make up nearly a fifth of the launch lineup. Anyone who argues that the 3DS has a strong lineup on Day 1 is deluded, or at least just very easy to please. Which is fine, I guess.

If any launch game is getting underrated, it's probably Rayman 2, which is an excellent, if dated platformer. It's very smart of them to release Rayman, as Nintendo made the crazy (imo) decision to not release ANY Mario games at launch. Mario Kart DS came out over 6 years ago, and we can't get a 3DS version at launch? No Mario Sunshine remake? Really?

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#23 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

aside from nintendogs 7.5 ghost recon and ssfiv i agree , 3ds has been under rated maybe cause gamespot is being paid by sony , to make sure 3ds fails at launch which is impossible lol nice try though gamespot

Gohansephiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 Gohansephiroth
Member since 2005 • 9871 Posts

[QUOTE="gokuofheaven"]Launch titles are luke warm. Nothing special.AutoPilotOn
I cant really think of any launches that really had must haves other than my mario 64 on n64 or halo on orginal xbox. I think the 3ds was at least average if not slightly better than average for a system launch.

Yea for real, other than one game or so every systems launch has been similar in that it had the same quality of games or lack their of. I dont know where these reviewers got the notion that other launches were that much better, youd think most would be expecting it since it wont be a while until the devs get comfortable with the hardware anyway and thats per usual for all of them. I didnt get any game for mine but thats mainly due to lack of funds but i pretty much expected it to be like that, still though im still really enjoying what the system has to offer and what i can do with it at the moment.

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts

metswonin69
Yea definitely. I was actually hyped about the 3DS for a while after it was officially announced, but then as more and more launch lists appeared in the following weeks and I didn't see anything interesting, I stopped caring. I need first-party titles! Same thing probably would have happened with my original DS phat if SM64DS hadn't launched with the system. :?
MonkeyPulp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MonkeyPulp
Member since 2007 • 443 Posts

[QUOTE="Gen007"]SF4 and ghost recon excluded most of the games are awful...dzimm

And I would also exclude Steel Diver, Pilotwings Resort, Samurai Warrior Chronicles, Nintendogs + Cats, and Madden NFL. Say what you want about them but they're far from awful. On the contrary, they're all well-made games that offer good value for the money (provided you're not trying to rush through them as quickly as possible to meet a review deadline).

Honestly, you're not doing much to dispel the notion that the launch line-up is underrated. :P

Looks like your going through something called denial. It happens when you drop a lot of money on a system/game and you're trying to reasure yourself that it was a good buy, even if the games are horrible.

The launch titles are full of 40$ ports,rehashes, and games that can be finished in 2 hours. To think this lineup as a whole is better then mediocre is dilusional.

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Gen007

^ well i was just estimating prices, seeing as discs over here cost double the price. and when 70% of the characters are clones, i don't really see it as a good thing over a game that has 14 absurdly different characters (e.g. BlazBlue). hell, look at MvC3, the roster is rather large and there aren't really "clones". except for X-23, but she's a different kind of clone :PBrunoBRS

How are 70% clones? Even Ryu and Ken play differently due to their attacks having different properties. I have no idea how anyone could consider any of the other characters clones.

Kurezan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Kurezan
Member since 2008 • 1850 Posts

I think atm, the problem is the lack of groundbreaking games. Once we see some mainstream titles with good storylines and the like, I'm sure people will like the 3DS a lot more, and it will sell better.

Personally, totally on the fence on whether to buy one or not. x_x

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 dzimm

Anyone who argues that the 3DS has a strong lineup on Day 1 is deluded, or at least just very easy to please.

ItsEvolution

Alternatively anyone who argues otherwise is bitter and cynical and nearly impossible to please.

SirFatalChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SirFatalChaos
Member since 2005 • 1986 Posts

Three words: Lack of content. A bunch of the games are FUN and GREAT, but have next to no content i.e. Pilot Wings (one island; easy to blow through it fast) is not worth $40.

Also: no online support (Ridge Racer, PES, Samurai Warriors, Ghost Recon, etc)

I wish Pilot Wings had multiple areas and co-op, and Ridge Racer had online, then it's be a GREAT launch for me. Samurai Warriors is getting online soon, so that's good.

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 dzimm

[QUOTE="dzimm"][QUOTE="Gen007"]SF4 and ghost recon excluded most of the games are awful...MonkeyPulp

Looks like your going through something called denial. It happens when you drop a lot of money on a system/game and you're trying to reasure yourself that it was a good buy, even if the games are horrible.

The launch titles are full of 40$ ports,rehashes, and games that can be finished in 2 hours. To think this lineup as a whole is better then mediocre is dilusional.

So I have to be in "denial" to have a different opinion than you? Please, get over yourself. :roll:

Why is my opinion such a threat to you that you feel the need to resort to personal insults? I find your response very curious.

CyberKlown28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 CyberKlown28
Member since 2008 • 1198 Posts
The launch is great o_O If none of these games appeal to you, then you 1) only play RPG's 2) Don't know what a game is. Ghost Recon is awesome strategy. Madden is nice enough(though could have been better, my review was a 6.25/10) and Street Fighter is GODLY.
Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#33 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
I felt the same when the Wii launched but looking back, it didn't have an amazing list of games except Zelda. I thought most of the early Wii games were amazing but that's probably just the joy of trying out a new console. My point? I feel the same with the 3DS' launch so I'm not getting one yet. Shadow Wars and Street Fighter look good but I'll wait for a little while longer.
vtbob88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 vtbob88
Member since 2007 • 638 Posts

Im completely fine with the launch, Im enjoying SSF4 and steel diver and don't regret buying either of them. I really don't see how steel diver could be scored so low, it may be short but there are plenty of other games that are short that get praised. For what it is, its a great strategy game

thor0298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 thor0298
Member since 2004 • 737 Posts

I have only played 3 of the launch games. I think Street Fighter was exactly as expected, excellent! I think Ghost Recon is the most underratedand just as great as Street Fighter if you like strategy games. I think Pilot Wings is not worth the money. It is ok but I felt there was no depth to it and that Nintendo should have charged $15 more for the 3DS and gave it for free.

I think the launch is actually pretty good. How many systems have a launch with two games that are great. Looking back at the DS and PSP launches, they were way worse launch titles.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BrunoBRS

Nintendogs + Cats are barely "games"

ItsEvolution
there's nothing about them that makes them less of a game than the sims. get rid of your prejudice, nintendogs is quite a fun game, as long as you don't overdo it (read: if you're buying nintendogs, buy something else too)
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]^ well i was just estimating prices, seeing as discs over here cost double the price. and when 70% of the characters are clones, i don't really see it as a good thing over a game that has 14 absurdly different characters (e.g. BlazBlue). hell, look at MvC3, the roster is rather large and there aren't really "clones". except for X-23, but she's a different kind of clone :PGen007

How are 70% clones? Even Ryu and Ken play differently due to their attacks having different properties. I have no idea how anyone could consider any of the other characters clones.

they are as much of "not clones" as falco, luigi, lucas and ganondorf. they grab the basic moveset, tweak here and there, switch one, maybe two special moves and call it a day. while on blazblue, for example, sure you have WAY less characters, but every single character is vastly different from the other, and not just "altered properties", it's a whole new, unique moveset and even gameplay mechanics.
Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Cruse34
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

While I like both Pilotwings and Steel Diver both of them have flaws. I can understand there reviews and would perosnally give them 7s each

Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Cruse34
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

Nintendogs + Cats are barely "games", and they make up nearly a fifth of the launch lineup. Anyone who argues that the 3DS has a strong lineup on Day 1 is deluded, or at least just very easy to please. Which is fine, I guess.

If any launch game is getting underrated, it's probably Rayman 2, which is an excellent, if dated platformer. It's very smart of them to release Rayman, as Nintendo made the crazy (imo) decision to not release ANY Mario games at launch. Mario Kart DS came out over 6 years ago, and we can't get a 3DS version at launch? No Mario Sunshine remake? Really?

ItsEvolution

So you just want ports of last gen games? THATs what makes a good launch?

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
Samurai Warriors: I'm not a long time player of the series, but so far, this game seems to me to be the big winner of the titles I picked up. Pilotwings: I read the reviews, so I knew what I was getting into with this one(I would still have rather paid 40$ for a port of Pilotwings 64), but it is still pilotwings through and through. I'm hoping they offer DLC for new vehicles, and hopefully an untimed free flight mode. Madden NFL: Certainly a very passable football game(no pun intended). I don't know what possessed me to buy it, other than that they didn't have Splinter Cell at Toys R Us. Street Fighter: I can't figure out how best to play this game- the C pad is too inaccurate, but the D pad is placed oddly on the system. On the whole, though, not a bad launch, it's just such a shame that I ended up buying a couple of games I didn't really care about because they were cheap and the store didn't have the ones I was really looking for...
ItsEvolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ItsEvolution
Member since 2008 • 2593 Posts

[QUOTE="ItsEvolution"]

Cruse34

As opposed to ports of SF4, Lego Star Wars, Nintendogs, Rayman 2, Ridge Racer, etc.? My point is that there isn't that "OMG I have to have a 3DS to play THIS GAME!!!" release. No new Nintendo system should ever release without a Mario or Zelda game right out of the gate.
Decoy123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Decoy123
Member since 2004 • 816 Posts

Rayman is amazing on a graphical level.

CyberKlown28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 CyberKlown28
Member since 2008 • 1198 Posts
[QUOTE="Cruse34"]

[QUOTE="ItsEvolution"]

ItsEvolution

As opposed to ports of SF4, Lego Star Wars, Nintendogs, Rayman 2, Ridge Racer, etc.? My point is that there isn't that "OMG I have to have a 3DS to play THIS GAME!!!" release. No new Nintendo system should ever release without a Mario or Zelda game right out of the gate.

Ehhhh @ the Zelda/Mario comment. Yes they are Nintendo's bigest franchises are would sell more systems. But!!! Its already selling better than any handheld of theirs, ever, for the first 24 hours. And that is with Nintendogs, Steel Diver, and Pilotwings as their first party titles. There are still a lot of fence people, despite the big sales. When Super Mario 3D/Ocarina of Time 3D are released, it'll be like a 2nd launch for Nintendo :D
MonkeyPulp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MonkeyPulp
Member since 2007 • 443 Posts

So I have to be in "denial" to have a different opinion than you? Please, get over yourself. :roll:

Why is my opinion such a threat to you that you feel the need to resort to personal insults? I find your response very curious.dzimm

I usually have no problems with opinions, but I'll explain why I was so hostile.

So what's up with the lukewarm reception from reviewers? My experience with some of the games in question tells me that they've been underrated to an embarassing degree (Gamespot's review of Steel Diver is an obvious example).dzimm

This is an opinion.

But saying things like this...

-Is it the fact that reviewers have only had the 3DS for a week and had to rush through a dozen games to get their reviews done?

-Did the pressure affect their perceptions, making the games less enjoyable than if they had taken their time to savor the experience?

-(provided you're not trying to rush through them as quickly as possible to meet a review deadline).dzimm

....is when I call you delusional. Coming up with reasons as to why the scores(A REVIEWERS OPINION) didnt meet up to your expectations. I find it ironic that you call me out on attacking your opinion when you attacked the opinion/integrity of almost every reviewer.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#45 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

So what's up with the lukewarm reception from reviewers? My experience with some of the games in question tells me that they've been underrated to an embarassing degree (Gamespot's review of Steel Diver is an obvious example). Is it the fact that reviewers have only had the 3DS for a week and had to rush through a dozen games to get their reviews done? Did the pressure affect their perceptions, making the games less enjoyable than if they had taken their time to savor the experience?

It's telling that this is one of the strongest launch line-ups in recent memory but has received some of the lowest scores.

dzimm
Underrated means that something is being overlook or under appreciated. The 3DS is not being overlooked, neither are the games. What is happening now is there are more gamers now then there was was in 2004-2005. Mixing the hardcore & casuals, Mixing the console & handheld gamers. A standard has developed & its easy to see on the internet what the MASSES think very fast, from online blogs to twitter to facebook. Seeing what the MASSES THINK is just a google search away. Since Sunday everyone has been talking about the issues, the problems, lack of games, lack of MARIO, lack of battery life, the bad viewing angles, the BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH, gamers ready for the next version of 3DS. People see whats going on as it is happening. The gamer to really pay attention to is the Apple ipad itouch iphone crowd & the Xbox 360 crowd. They give the most honest takes on the 3DS mainly because most of them are not already invested or are not currently invested. The DS & DSi gamers are going to act like its the greatest thing in the world, so their take is very biased being they have invested.
Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Coolyfett
[QUOTE="BigBoss255"]I disagree, as much as I want to get the 3ds nothing appeals to me in the slightest. I wish SC hadn't been so rushed. I would have got it just to play Pokemon HG/ Black on but the BC is dreadful.AstralDrmz
I'm thinking troll. BC isn't dreadful. I guess it's a matter of opinion, but still.

What he stated is fair. Its against Terms of Service to call names like that. The 3DS does need to polish it BC features.
dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 dzimm

While I like both Pilotwings and Steel Diver both of them have flaws. I can understand there reviews and would perosnally give them 7s each

Cruse34

I'm not sure what flaws you're referring to unless you mean the "lack of content"? I don't consider that a flaw because length really has nothing to do with the quality of a game.

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 dzimm

I find it ironic that you call me out on attacking your opinion when you attacked the opinion/integrity of almost every reviewer.MonkeyPulp

You didn't attack my opinion, you attacked me personally. And, no, I didn't personally attack any of the reviewers, I simply speculated that in their rush to get reviews posted by launch that they may not have not given each of the games a fair shake.

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 dzimm

Underrated means that something is being overlook or under appreciated.Coolyfett

Exactly, and I'm of the opinion that reviewers simply didn't take the time to appreciate the launch titles for what they were. :)

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Coolyfett

[QUOTE="metswonin69"]

dzimm

That's the thing, it's not. The only fair criticism is that some of the games are arguably light on content, but that doesn't make them bad. Frankly, I don't think length figures prominently into a reasonable evaluation of the quality of a game. I've played great games that are short and lousy games that are long, so length, in my opinion, doesn't affect nor is it an indicator of quality.

So despite the "lack of content" in some, I feel the majority of the launch titles are well-designed and fun games that any gamer will enjoy playing.

Why so much stock in how people feel right now?? Gamers have a STANDARD. There are just certain things we as gamers EXPECT. Its not 2005 anymore kiddos. Generation 8 is about 3 years from being full bloom. Nintendo is really showing how out of touch they are with the gaming society EXCLUDING CHILDREN. Cmon 3D???? 3D?? Not online spetrum? No Mario, No Kirby, No Metriod, No Zelda, No Punch Out, No Donkey Kong, No Pokemon at launch? Thats below STANDARD. The gamers have said what they WANTED, Nintendo tried to hide behind the 3D gimmick. They cant do that & think todays gamers will be satisfied. Its 2011 too much is on the line & there are other options. Seriously Nintendo has no one to blame but Nintendo. Not CNN, not Gamespot, Not IGN, Not Metacritic, Not Gamer Magazine. They did it & they have to fix it.