Most underrated launch ever?

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 0

#51 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

Nintendogs + Cats are barely "games", and they make up nearly a fifth of the launch lineup. Anyone who argues that the 3DS has a strong lineup on Day 1 is deluded, or at least just very easy to please. Which is fine, I guess.

If any launch game is getting underrated, it's probably Rayman 2, which is an excellent, if dated platformer. It's very smart of them to release Rayman, as Nintendo made the crazy (imo) decision to not release ANY Mario games at launch. Mario Kart DS came out over 6 years ago, and we can't get a 3DS version at launch? No Mario Sunshine remake? Really?

ItsEvolution
This gamer has Standards. Most gamers have these same Standards.
Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Coolyfett

[QUOTE="ItsEvolution"]

Anyone who argues that the 3DS has a strong lineup on Day 1 is deluded, or at least just very easy to please.

dzimm

Alternatively anyone who argues otherwise is bitter and cynical and nearly impossible to please.

Man guy, those are some really strong words calling people BITTER & Cynical. Why are you so offended? It just came out. The system will be around for the next 6 or 7 years man. RIGHT NOW the 3DS is a bad investment. If you made the mistake of paying the high price for the bad investment thats on you. There WILL be another version there WILL be the eventual price drop. Just remember you folked over 2S0 for & others did not. You cant blame them for how you spent your money. Thats just bananas.
MonkeyPulp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 MonkeyPulp
Member since 2007 • 443 Posts

I'm not sure what flaws you're referring to unless you mean the "lack of content"? I don't consider that a flaw because length really has nothing to do with the quality of a game.dzimm

If professor layton ended after 1 puzzle I'm pretty sure it wouldnt be a quality game.

I didn't personally attack any of the reviewers, I simply speculated that in their rush to get reviews posted by launch that they may not have not given each of the games a fair shake.dzimm

Saying the reviewers rushed their reviews is an attack on thier integrity. Which I think is pretty personal.

Exactly, and I'm of the opinion that reviewers simply didn't take the time to appreciate the launch titles for what they were. :)dzimm

Most games can be reviewed in a few days, how is a week+ not long enough? You make it sound like 1 person reviewed all the 3DS games.

Your arguments for why the reviews should get higher scores is pretty bad. Instead of saying what in the reviews you dissagree with, you attack the the reviewers saying they didnt put enough time into it.

Its a pretty clear sign of someone grasping at straws honestly. Still dillusional.

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#54 dzimm
Member since 2006 • 6615 Posts

Saying the reviewers rushed their reviews is an attack on thier integrity.MonkeyPulp

No it's not. It's a statement about the logistics of the situation. The fact is that US reviewers have only had their review units for a week, meaning that they were under pressure to play through the games as quickly as possible, write a review, and send it on up the chain of command to get it approved for publication. I imagine games could be less enjoyable to play when you're under a deadline crunch, and some reviews definitely gave the impression that they were playing the games to finish them rather than enjoy them.

Instead of saying what in the reviews you dissagree with, you attack the the reviewers saying they didnt put enough time into it.MonkeyPulp

This was a general comment thread and not an analysis of each review. I was just trying to figure out why my experiences are out of step with the professional reviewers, and apparently others agree.

Its a pretty clear sign of someone grasping at straws honestly. Still dillusional.MonkeyPulp

At least I know how to spell delusional. :D

metswonin69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#55 metswonin69
Member since 2006 • 1083 Posts

No it's not. It's a statement about the logistics of the situation. The fact is that US reviewers have only had their review units for a week, meaning that they were under pressure to play through the games as quickly as possible, write a review, and send it on up the chain of command to get it approved for publication. I imagine games could be less enjoyable to play when you're under a deadline crunch, and some reviews definitely gave the impression that they were playing the games to finish them rather than enjoy them.

Isn't there always a rush for reviewers to finish their games as quickly as possible? At any rate, I highly doubt there is some huge conspiracy with the reviewers giving most 3DS games poor reviews. It is much more likely that these games are simply not very good and you are merely overrating them. In my experience, video game reviewers tend to overrate games a lot more often than they underrate them.
Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Coolyfett
If the 3DS games are so great? Why are you not playing them? Surely there are so many cool things to do with the 3DS. So why not leave the forums and go play it? Try replaying your DS collection. Break out the "BAG" of DS Game Cards & run them on your new device. Just a thought.
MonkeyPulp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 MonkeyPulp

No it's not. It's a statement about the logistics of the situation. The fact is that US reviewers have only had their review units for a week, meaning that they were under pressure to play through the games as quickly as possible, write a review, and send it on up the chain of command to get it approved for publication. I imagine games could be less enjoyable to play when you're under a deadline crunch, and some reviews definitely gave the impression that they were playing the games to finish them rather than enjoy them.dzimm

You assume way too much.

apparently others agree.dzimm

On a 3DS forum full of people who just spent half a grand on 3DS stuff, NO WAY! Have you ever been to a game forum that got a low score? Ever wonder why its full of threads exactly like this one?

Except they only payed 60$ for their game.

MonkeyPulp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 MonkeyPulp

[QUOTE="MonkeyPulp"]Its a pretty clear sign of someone grasping at straws honestly. Still dillusional.dzimm

At least I know how to spell delusional. :D

I also hope you find this quote as ironic as I did.