Metroid Prime 3 trying to become too much like Halo??

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

batosaims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 batosaims
Member since 2004 • 438 Posts
ive been a fan of fps since doom back in the day i loved perfect dark and goldeny eye on the n64halo is a fantastic game it may be a bit over rated but its still one of the best shooters out there i admit halo 2 campaign sucked but the multiplayer is godlikeas far as halo 3 goessingle player metroid 3 winsmultiplayer halo 3 stomps metroid but i havent played the halo 3 single player so halo 3 single player might be better im not sureif u dont like halo thats fine but its still remains one of the best shooters out there and metroid is a completly game its not a typical fps
NECR0CHILD313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 NECR0CHILD313
Member since 2006 • 7025 Posts
Doubt it. Halo died for me when it's crappy sequel came out, I doubt MP3 will lose it's essence.
D7ok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#53 D7ok
Member since 2006 • 154 Posts
yea its really nothing like halo but it would have put way more excitement into the game if it was online but it still would be nothing like halo
Tri-Enforcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#54 Tri-Enforcer
Member since 2007 • 1899 Posts

I don't think Retro is trying to make MP3 like Halo. I just think that due to thenew (and possibly easier) controls, MP3 can have more action inserted into it than previous MP games. Also, I think Retro heard the complaints of those who felt the series didn't have enough action and would get boring. Although, Metroid has always had my attention, I think that give the game more to look forward to.

P.S.

Master Chief's suit is just a rip off of Samus'. Although Halo was a FP 3D shooter before Metroid--the Metroid series has been around longer and we all use to see Samus suit in promo art....waaaay before Master Chief.

The_Great_Samu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 The_Great_Samu
Member since 2006 • 458 Posts

How is this anything like Hal(other than the similarities each series has had since the beggining). But if anything I'd think it;s not enough like Halo. If it were I'd be having fun when I play Metroid. Not scanning eveything, locking on to crap and doing stupid puzzles and back tracking every five minutes. vashkey

lol what an idiot troll. The fun in Metroid comes from scanning stuff, locking on to enemies, solving easy puzzles which vashkey apparently can't solve coz s/he has been playing too many console FPSs and what's wrong with back tracking? I mean Metroids aren't FPSs in which u only move forward on rails, though Metroids move on rails too though those are some wacky rails indeed. And the story in halos is so nonexistent that most fans don't give a damn about it, unlike in Metroids...
And no MP3 is not trying to become too much like halo. Thank god for that since that would suck. Playing through that mediocre FPS once was more than enough for me.

MagicalGandalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 MagicalGandalf
Member since 2006 • 1064 Posts

Metroid is awesome, halo sucksharleyrulesall

I fully Agree.

frankeyser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#57 frankeyser
Member since 2004 • 5667 Posts

I have always hated Halo, never tried the Halo 3 beta though..

But come on! To say that Metroid isn't about shooting - have you PLAYED it? You shoot all the time in Metroid! You shoot everything! Need to open a door? Screw door knobs or buttons, just shoot the sucker!

But it's still way different than Halo, a mediocre game. I have faith that Metroid Prime 3 will be the best first-person game in a long time...

adolson

haha when you put it that way it reminds me of the simpsons where homer just shots everything. shoots the tv to change the channel shoots a beer to open it haha.

fredrancour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 fredrancour
Member since 2006 • 290 Posts
They say it's becoming too halo-like because the demos focused entirely on shootouts, but it's kinda hard to make a deep, atmospheric adventure sequence that you can finish in the short time frame of an E3 demo. I'm sure there are much more atmospheric, organic levels elsewhere in the game that weren't suitable for a 10-15 minute demo.
andylhchen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 andylhchen
Member since 2004 • 125 Posts
[QUOTE="harleyrulesall"]Metroid is awesome, halo sucksDuckman5
I agree with this.

I agree to agree
p_angelofdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#60 p_angelofdeath
Member since 2006 • 121 Posts

[QUOTE="harleyrulesall"]Metroid is awesome, halo sucksDuckman5
I agree with this.

Agree...

DarkMagik9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 DarkMagik9
Member since 2004 • 1709 Posts

Halo will never have a storyline as deep as Metroid, also Metroid is much faster paced, while Halo is much like: shoot them from far away, throw ganades, drop shield, shoot (if you've played legendary) and besides who really reads the things you have to do in Halo, no one, you just shoot everywhere without knowing where are you going.

O and this is off topis but, is it true that you will be able to control the spaceship in some way, i read it in an interview with retro but it was very old.

fitootif

I'm sorry but you're way off base here. Metroid with a deep storyline? Metroid Prime barely has a storyline at all.

As for Metroid being more like Halo, other than the blatant rip-off at the beginning of Metroid Prime 3 of the Pillar of Autumn, it's not becoming much like Halo at all.

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#62 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts
The focus of Nintendo's advertising and just what the developers are generally showing off is pretty Halo-esque. I'm sure the bulk of the game will be MP through and through, it's just apparently not interesting enough to show someone exploring.
Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#63 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts
[QUOTE="fitootif"]

Halo will never have a storyline as deep as Metroid, also Metroid is much faster paced, while Halo is much like: shoot them from far away, throw ganades, drop shield, shoot (if you've played legendary) and besides who really reads the things you have to do in Halo, no one, you just shoot everywhere without knowing where are you going.

O and this is off topis but, is it true that you will be able to control the spaceship in some way, i read it in an interview with retro but it was very old.

DarkMagik9

I'm sorry but you're way off base here. Metroid with a deep storyline? Metroid Prime barely has a storyline at all.

As for Metroid being more like Halo, other than the blatant rip-off at the beginning of Metroid Prime 3 of the Pillar of Autumn, it's not becoming much like Halo at all.

If you bother to read the scans there is a sizeable amount of lore there. Metroid's story is told via distant events from scans, recent events and new events (space pirate information). Whether you want to indulge the story/narrative or not is up to you really.

EazyD91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 EazyD91
Member since 2007 • 781 Posts

[QUOTE="Duckman5"][QUOTE="harleyrulesall"]Metroid is awesome, halo sucksp_angelofdeath

I agree with this.

Agree...

don't agree....

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
Metroid is a farcry from Halo, Halo is about shooting and more shooting, you constantly push foward, use vehicles and such, and even some team based combat. Metroid has more puzzle solving, platforming, and backtacking of course.
mrt103090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 mrt103090
Member since 2006 • 178 Posts

you cant lock on/strafe in halo, master chief is a dude and has marines on his side, and samus can apparently have special moves such as hyper mode. as in no it wont be a halo clone

but hopefully it will be just as (if not more) epic then halo 3

Gearhead95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#67 Gearhead95
Member since 2007 • 485 Posts
Halo and metroid are totally different
llama1107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#68 llama1107
Member since 2007 • 291 Posts
nah, its doing great and staying individual
kakashi552

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 kakashi552
Member since 2006 • 501 Posts

many people like Halo because of its multi-player, which is unseen in almost all Metroid games. and also because of the better AI than seen in some other FPS's. the regenerating shields are also attractive--you don't have to find a health power-up to heal again, so you can keep shooting.

which is basically what the whole game is. shooting and killing. but not Metroid.

heroofwinds1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 heroofwinds1
Member since 2006 • 758 Posts

i believe all metroid games are unique and they do not need to copy something from another game.it is not a first person shooter.it is the only first person adventure.it has an atmoshere far diferent from halo and coruption's main weapons are single mode and awesome controls that will make this game a unique experience only wii can offer.

Morgario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Morgario
Member since 2005 • 2534 Posts
[QUOTE="DarkMagik9"][QUOTE="fitootif"]

Articuno76

If you bother to read the scans there is a sizeable amount of lore there. Metroid's story is told via distant events from scans, recent events and new events (space pirate information). Whether you want to indulge the story/narrative or not is up to you really.

Yea if you read all the scans and log book entries you'll find the Prime series has one of the deepest stories for any computer game.

icarus212001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#72 icarus212001
Member since 2007 • 2744 Posts
metroid is great just how it is. it will nvr compare to halo because halo is the redneck's metroid. (my house will be burnt by 360 fanboys in 3...2...1...lol) ppl who praise halo as much as they do r just in denial that everything else on xbox is trash (that or there is a subliminal message in halo's opening angelic theme lol (which is the only good thing about halo))
Kikouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#73 Kikouken
Member since 2006 • 15913 Posts

What the hell?

NO.

Metroid series>Halo

Kikouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#74 Kikouken
Member since 2006 • 15913 Posts
[QUOTE="fitootif"]

DarkMagik9

Since you said Metroid Prime barely has a storyline at all it sounds like you havent played either 1 or 2 lol.

yoda-san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 yoda-san
Member since 2006 • 323 Posts
At least in Metroid games you're allowed to think. Halo is just a big, boring FPS.