Metroid Prime 3 trying to become too much like Halo??

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

seivohc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 seivohc
Member since 2005 • 232 Posts
Ive read all the previews about Metroid Prime 3 Corruption and it sounds so awesome but do you think its becoming too much like Halo and not sticking too its Metroid roots? (sorry if that didnt really make sense)
movin_target

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 movin_target
Member since 2005 • 3412 Posts

Nah. If it was becoming too much like Halo there would be online play, a dude that never takes the helment off, blood and gore, and grunts :). No but serously MP3 isnt becming like Halo

Kuhu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Kuhu
Member since 2004 • 2845 Posts
Metroid Prime 3 will follow the metroid routes, that I am sure of.
Hypochondria9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Hypochondria9
Member since 2007 • 273 Posts
MP3 will never be like Halo, the only change I seen in metroid was the first Metroid Prime which turned out to beawesome, anyway MP3 will probably be like the other MP because why fix was isnt broken.
ZebethOrZebes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 ZebethOrZebes
Member since 2004 • 5997 Posts
What aspects of it are becoming too Halo-like? I mean, I'm a huge Metroid fan and I'm trying to catch up with all the new information that has been shown about this game, all I've seen so far is some brief combat, and the splash screen. So far, seems pretty Metroidish. So could you go into detail about where the Halo is?
harleyrulesall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 harleyrulesall
Member since 2005 • 1617 Posts
Metroid is awesome, halo sucks
Avatar image for nintendo_fan675
nintendo_fan675

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nintendo_fan675
Member since 2007 • 14578 Posts
Actully it's pretty far form halo. Because Metroid isn't all about shooting guys up. You explore and backtrack, I probably almost never see that in Halo
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
Metroid is awesome, halo sucksharleyrulesall
I agree with this.
Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts
I doubt it'll be like halo. Retro knows what they are doing.
meimnobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 meimnobody
Member since 2003 • 5565 Posts
Halo is just an incredibly average fps game. Really the people proclaiming it to be awesome when asked what fps they played often draw a blank or name fps over ten years old.
harleyrulesall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 harleyrulesall
I'm serious though, i've played and beat halo 1 and 2 and they wouldn't even make my top 50 games of all time list. I just don't see what's so great about halo
eattacosAMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 eattacosAMR
Member since 2006 • 435 Posts
nah metroid is nothing like halo all u do in halo is shoot people up but in metroid its actually a adventure
Eagles931

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 Eagles931
Member since 2006 • 2136 Posts
It's not like Halo. But Metroid looks like Metroid Prime 1 but with much better gameplay.
adolson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 adolson
Member since 2006 • 554 Posts

I have always hated Halo, never tried the Halo 3 beta though..

But come on! To say that Metroid isn't about shooting - have you PLAYED it? You shoot all the time in Metroid! You shoot everything! Need to open a door? Screw door knobs or buttons, just shoot the sucker!

But it's still way different than Halo, a mediocre game. I have faith that Metroid Prime 3 will be the best first-person game in a long time...

fitootif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 fitootif
Member since 2005 • 883 Posts

Halo will never have a storyline as deep as Metroid, also Metroid is much faster paced, while Halo is much like: shoot them from far away, throw ganades, drop shield, shoot (if you've played legendary) and besides who really reads the things you have to do in Halo, no one, you just shoot everywhere without knowing where are you going.

O and this is off topis but, is it true that you will be able to control the spaceship in some way, i read it in an interview with retro but it was very old.

lite__ds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lite__ds
Member since 2007 • 104 Posts
If it were to follow Halo routes wouldn't that be a good thing?
Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts
I was unimpressed with Halo 1 and 2 in general. The weapons weren't amazing, the gameplay was sluggish boring, and people loved it because you could drive vehicles, but that's just standard now a days. Besides, Metroid series has been around long before Halo came about. I think the new control scheme for Metroid may make future FPS games just that much more fun if developers implement that style into their games.
Sgtpeppers445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Sgtpeppers445
Member since 2007 • 217 Posts

If it were to follow Halo routes wouldn't that be a good thing?lite__ds

no then that's just be something else for 360 boys to flame us about metroid is perfect the way it is now

the_wet_mop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 the_wet_mop
Member since 2006 • 7518 Posts
it wont be any more like halo than the previous 2.
lyoko411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lyoko411
Member since 2007 • 591 Posts
Mtroid prime 3 isnt trying to be like halo. If it was trying to be like halo it would have missions and not just one big adventure like in all of the metroid games. And it wouldnt be considerd a fps adventure game it would be called and fps game
neo111222333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 neo111222333
Member since 2007 • 191 Posts
i know most of u wont agree with me but to me halo isnt bad.....halo 2's storylinesucked i'll agree with that but the original halo and halo 2's multiplayer was the best...also i never played halo online.........only with friends atmy house or theirs......but anywaymetriod is nuthing like halo....metriod takes more time to finish plus itsa adventure game while all u do in halo is shoot and protect.
JackBauer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JackBauer123
Member since 2007 • 368 Posts

Halo will never have a storyline as deep as Metroid, also Metroid is much faster paced, while Halo is much like: shoot them from far away, throw ganades, drop shield, shoot (if you've played legendary) and besides who really reads the things you have to do in Halo, no one, you just shoot everywhere without knowing where are you going.

O and this is off topis but, is it true that you will be able to control the spaceship in some way, i read it in an interview with retro but it was very old.

fitootif
No. The ship is a cut scene. You can't control it. I heard that it was a possibility about 6 months ago but in the latest hands on he said it you can't.
Ablasio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ablasio
Member since 2007 • 449 Posts
Not at all. Metroid is a first-person adventure and Halo is a first-person shooter.
andrewkozis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#24 andrewkozis
Member since 2005 • 3336 Posts
i dont think so and even if it was Halo is the arguably the best shooter in gaming history so i wouldnt see that as bad
ravemast117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ravemast117
Member since 2005 • 486 Posts

Halo is just an incredibly average fps game. Really the people proclaiming it to be awesome when asked what fps they played often draw a blank or name fps over ten years old. meimnobody

xDDDD That would be me. Lols. The only ones I played before Halo were Goldeneye and Perfect Dark for the N64

Avatar image for EndlessPunisher
EndlessPunisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 EndlessPunisher
Member since 2005 • 1390 Posts
Why are people ditching Halo.... He just asked if Metroid would turn into Halo. I mean I know this is the Wii forum but come on.. Have some respect, I agree halo 2 sucked, but Halo 3 hasnt even came out yet. Halo isnt an average FPS, its just the most overated.
LProjektST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LProjektST
Member since 2005 • 1055 Posts

Nope theres no multiplayer and that is the basis of Halo, which really isnt all that great of a game. Gears of War is a much better game. But I am excited for Metroid despite its lack of online play. (I really hope the make a Metroid Prime Hunters for Wii)

fjgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#28 fjgamer
Member since 2004 • 1545 Posts

I don't know, I love my halo. Had a good couple of rounds with some of my friends, and it's always a blast. Either way, comparing the two they control pretty differently. First off, the lock on is different in itself from any fps, as well as the scanners and finding enemy weaknesses. Really, Prime is exactly like a first person metroid game. The platforming and adventuring from a metroid title and all the killing aliens you can handle. I always thought that this game was the best 2D to 3D adaptation of a game in the history of games (cept for Zelda:OoT).

SEr_803

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SEr_803
Member since 2006 • 136 Posts

I've played halo with my friends tons of times and I find it boring. I just can't get into it. MP is great although MP1 is extremely better than MP2.

MP3 will pwn halo3 =P

Cesar_Barba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Cesar_Barba
Member since 2003 • 3665 Posts

Like many people here, I also don't think that Metroid is anything like Halo. I love the Metroid series, and have to say that really like the job Retro has done thus far. I bought me X-Box with the sole purpose of trying out Halo at home, rather than at my nephews' place and get Ninja Gaiden Black (now I am debating on whether to actually get it on X-Box or just buy the PS3 Sigma for the eye candy.) I'm not much of a FPS person, but Halo is still good, specially the co-op. As for on-line, I don;t think Metroid needs it at all. My experience with Halo on line has been pretty bad with too many squeaky voices screaming insults at me. I have enjoyed playing Unreal Tournament 2004 much more, though I suck at it.

Edit: As far as local VS matches, I don't think anything will ever take away from the great matches I had at home with Conker's Bad Fur Day, that has some of the best head-to-head matches, even with the split screen.

DarkStar_109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DarkStar_109
Member since 2005 • 928 Posts
No, its not like halo, stop bringing it up.
JAREDJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 JAREDJR
Member since 2005 • 417 Posts

I think the author of the topic suggested that since it is getting voice over work, and the game starts on a ship that's under attack, but that's about it. Metroid will always be better than Halo and would never go so low as to be a mindless shooter with online play. Everything about Prime 1 and 2 was phenomenal so it would be a shame for Retro to change that formula they have used.

marioman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 marioman1
Member since 2006 • 60 Posts
I think the only reason halo 1 was successful was because it was co-op campaign, and halo 2 because of online, given that metroid won't have either of these I'd say it's far from halo.
jorgeluisbl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jorgeluisbl
Member since 2005 • 1479 Posts

Actully it's pretty far form halo. Because Metroid isn't all about shooting guys up. You explore and backtrack, I probably almost never see that in Halonintendo_fan675

I agree.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#35 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
How is this anything like Hal(other than the similarities each series has had since the beggining). But if anything I'd think it;s not enough like Halo. If it were I'd be having fun when I play Metroid. Not scanning eveything, locking on to crap and doing stupid puzzles and back tracking every five minutes.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#36 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

I think the author of the topic suggested that since it is getting voice over work, and the game starts on a ship that's under attack, but that's about it. Metroid will always be better than Halo and would never go so low as to be a mindless shooter with online play. Everything about Prime 1 and 2 was phenomenal so it would be a shame for Retro to change that formula they have used.

JAREDJR

And all of that is a matter of opinion, except the midnless shooter part. If you think it's a mindless shooter then you really don't know what Halo is all about.

Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#37 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts

Is that why they decided to drop all multi-player aspects of the game out?

MP3 and Halo are two different genres. Don't compare them.

mattbrw08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mattbrw08
Member since 2004 • 771 Posts
MP3 DOESNT HAVE WIFI!!! i cant believe that. that was the only reason i was going to get the game.
spendinbig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 spendinbig
Member since 2004 • 698 Posts
The only way it could be like Halo is if it had poor single player and great online, but as everyone keeps claiming it doesn't have online at all. Though I wish it did because it ups the replay value, I would have traded Halo 2 in a long time ago if it had crappy online play.
Vince3in4yrs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Vince3in4yrs
Member since 2005 • 111 Posts

Ok, you cant even compare these games they are completely different. In Metroid Prime you dont start shooting things until the come out at you. Also in MP it is more of a room to room game. You just go from room to room getting powerups on the way. In Halo there is different missions and each of them is an open world. Completely different from going into different rooms. And most of Metroid is backtracking back to a certain place after you complete something. In Halo you can see the enemies before youfightthem most of the time.

Metroid Prime is and adventure game where you go through different rooms and explore while the enemies you fight are like obstacles that get in your way.

Halo is about completing different missions and getting through each one from start to finish where the enemies you fight interact more with what is going on.

metaldeath87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 metaldeath87
Member since 2003 • 133 Posts
Halo is an alright game, but it's insanely overrated. The only reason fanboys latched on to it the way they did was because it was the only decent game for the Xbox for like a year and a half. Metroid on the other hand isn't a standard FPS at all. Even if MP3 included a lot more FPS elements, it would probably be indicative of incorporating general FPS elements, and not Halo in particular. And I'm sure you can control the ship in some capacity. The recent E3 previews were talking about the command visor, the first-person view of the inside of the ship and so forth.
Staccat0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Staccat0
Member since 2006 • 566 Posts

lite__ds

I know this is a Wii board, but does Metroid have that deep of a story? Not in my oppinion. Its delivered in a better way than Halo delivers its story. Neither game has a deep story. If you dissagree with me, stop watching Vin Deisel movies and go crack a great book :)

Metroid's new opening sequence that was shown at E3 is exactly like the start of the first Halo. The demo also has no puzzles really. That is why people are comparing them.

I don't think there is a need to worry, because its a DEMO not the final game. Puzzles are ill-suited to demos.

Also, you guys are being snobs and undercutting Halo's main appeal. People who DON'T play fps games "get" halo. Its the Wii Sports of FPS games and thats not a bad thing IMO.

airg6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 airg6
Member since 2006 • 4390 Posts
Halo is an alright game, but it's insanely overrated. The only reason fanboys latched on to it the way they did was because it was the only decent game for the Xbox for like a year and a half. Metroid on the other hand isn't a standard FPS at all. Even if MP3 included a lot more FPS elements, it would probably be indicative of incorporating general FPS elements, and not Halo in particular. And I'm sure you can control the ship in some capacity. The recent E3 previews were talking about the command visor, the first-person view of the inside of the ship and so forth.metaldeath87
hey man halo is awsome and metroid is awsome aswell.i love microsoft and nintendo and i think both are doing very well.
airg6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 airg6
no offense but the people who say halo is horrible or mediocore you guys probably havent played it at all or you played it somewhere for about 5 minuts
jaemillz555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jaemillz555
Member since 2007 • 909 Posts
you cant really bring that up on the wii board because every fanboy on here is just going to bash halo by saying its overrated and metroid is way better then halo blah blah. Honestly halo really isnt overrated. Halo is an amazing game and so is metroid. They have two completely different stories and environments and MP3 doesnt need to be like halo because it does well enough the way it always has been.
airg6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 airg6
you cant really bring that up on the wii board because every fanboy on here is just going to bash halo by saying its overrated and metroid is way better then halo blah blah. Honestly halo really isnt overrated. Halo is an amazing game and so is metroid. They have two completely different stories and environments and MP3 doesnt need to be like halo because it does well enough the way it always has been.jaemillz555
fiannaly someone agrees with me.im like you i think halo is awsome and so is metroid in there own ways
WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#47 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts
Nope I don't think Metroid is anything like halo, Metroid is much better, and i beat 1 and 2, and i even played halo 2 beta at my friends house a couple times, Halo is more of an Fps were all you do is shoot and nothing else, Metroid on the other hand has a bigger adventure tone to it, there are some puzzles and u never just shoot and only shoot u gotta figure out were to shoot. :D
harleyrulesall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 harleyrulesall
i dont think so and even if it was Halo is the arguably the best shooter in gaming history so i wouldnt see that as badandrewkozis
harleyrulesall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 harleyrulesall
no offense but the people who say halo is horrible or mediocore you guys probably havent played it at all or you played it somewhere for about 5 minutsairg6
No, i beat both games....
JLAudio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 JLAudio7
Member since 2007 • 2729 Posts

metroid and halo arent exactly the same genre (fpaction, fpshooter)