Im really getting tired of people quitting in the middle of a match in strikers

• 84 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BVP16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#1 BVP16
Member since 2005 • 943 Posts
Im really getting tired of people quitting in the middle of a match in strikers. I kick everyone a$$ in that game and i would say about every 1 in 5 games somebody quits. Its so dumb because i dont even get the win. Is this happening to any 1 else?
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
Yes but there's nothing you can do about it.
kidrock17xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kidrock17xp
Member since 2004 • 2966 Posts
i never understood why people care so much about their record on a video game, I mean what you gonna do down the road tell people, yeah I had a killer record on _______ game, I was so bad. It seems so pointless to me, if you lose who cares.
redsoox24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 redsoox24
Member since 2005 • 126 Posts
well if ur are really into a game u might care bout the record u have and it is really annoying when people quit in the middle of a game especially if im winning lol
BVP16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BVP16
Member since 2005 • 943 Posts
lol
kidrock17xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kidrock17xp
Member since 2004 • 2966 Posts

well if ur are really into a game u might care bout the record u have and it is really annoying when people quit in the middle of a game especially if im winning lolredsoox24

I was more so refering to the people that are leaving the game because they're losing. I'd get annoyed at somebody leaving a game if I was losing simply because I want to finish a game not have a bunch of half done games

catfishmoon23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 catfishmoon23
Member since 2005 • 5197 Posts

Im really getting tired of people quitting in the middle of a match in strikers. I kick everyone a$$ in that game and i would say about every 1 in 5 games somebody quits. Its so dumb because i dont even get the win. Is this happening to any 1 else?BVP16

Nah, doesn't happen to me since I'm always the one that loses lol, though I don't quit in the middle of a match.

marty_81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 marty_81
Member since 2003 • 2823 Posts
Just give the users bad rep. Oh wait, wrong console.
rjs927

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 rjs927
Member since 2007 • 547 Posts
That's online gaming for you, Look at MKDS.
Ecezdawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ecezdawg
Member since 2006 • 89 Posts
Usually when somebody leaves a match it's because the other is using cheap tactics, I have only met two people on Mario Strikers out of all of the matches I've been through that left in the middle of the game just because I was winning.
jaemillz555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jaemillz555
Member since 2007 • 909 Posts
im suprised nintendo hasnt figured a way around this yet. I mean its happened in mario kart, hunters, Star fox command, and now strikers (i dont have strikers or kart but i have the other two and this is extremely ANNOYING). I'd think ninty would atleast have figured out a way to give you the win if somebody quits in the middle of it if they are going to have a type of ranking system. In metroid prime hunters, i was actually really good at that game and became a 5 star really quickly so every other game someone would quit on me because they didnt want to lose. I also figured out later that if your a high ranking, it is sometimes even better to quit a match because you lost alotless points and didnt get a L counted towards youso some people i guess looked at it as a better idea to just turn off there game. For future games having online nintendo really needs to figure out a way to atleast give you the benefit if someone quits
Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

Happens all the time on DS Wi-Fi too, but people also use cheats and stuff on there.

steizgr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 steizgr8
Member since 2007 • 559 Posts
I've had this game for a few months now, since I live in Europe, and I have to admit, I have left a few matches. But only because of my opponent using cheap tactics. And I really stress the words, "a few"
-Dionysus-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 -Dionysus-
Member since 2006 • 1276 Posts
What do you mean by cheap tactics?
natebayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 natebayne
Member since 2006 • 428 Posts
I never leave a match UNLESS... im playing a hammer spammer... if the person cant do anything but spam that stupid crap over and over and over.. then yes.. i will absolutley leave. It requires no skill and the losers who use it probably couldnt win any other wayif their lives depended on it.
harmonixer19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 harmonixer19
Member since 2007 • 97 Posts
I've had a lot of people quit during a match with me as well. Sad thing is I don't even play it that much and a lot of people disconnect. I don't exploit any dirty tactic I'm just quick at learning peoples tactics and figuring out their weaknesses. I really think Nintendo should do more than just penalize you with a loss. I think they should not count any points for a win for as many that you have disconnected. That would prevent people who disconnect from getting that far. It seems pointless to disconnect since it's only a game and if you do it's a loss anyhow.
MagicNinja911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 MagicNinja911
Member since 2007 • 847 Posts
only 1 time i have had someone do that but i never do that
steizgr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 steizgr8

I know I'm gonna get flamed for this, but to me, Mega Strikes are cheap tactics. I can't ****ing stand them. To me they're purely the biggest waste of time in the game.

I would not give a hoot if someone beat me 60-0 with skillshots from sidekicks, as they would obviously deserve to win, and I'd learn some technique from them, but the mega strikes really, REALLY bore me, and I CAN'T STAND playing against someone who completely focuses on them

solidsnakeEx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#19 solidsnakeEx3
Member since 2004 • 26413 Posts
Just don't be an ass. If you're winning, don't rub it in by scoring 5 more Toad-jump goals.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
i get frusterated playing many people online. Most people just spam hammer bros (its easy to get around it though), and most people just check all your guys aimlessly. its so annoying
ag1052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ag1052
Member since 2006 • 5725 Posts

Yes but there's nothing you can do about it.Duckman5

Yep and it will be more annoying with games that take longer than three mins... like Bwii

rammstein874

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 rammstein874
Member since 2005 • 227 Posts
Yea it gets really dum i hate it people need to know how to play the right way.
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Duckman5

[QUOTE="Duckman5"]Yes but there's nothing you can do about it.ag1052

Yep and it will be more annoying with games that take longer than three mins... like Bwii

Oh dear god, I never thought about that...

natebayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 natebayne

I will admit im getting better with using Toad's speed to stop hammer spammers but i still hate them.... Satan has a special place in hell reserved for hammer spammers.

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Duckman5

I will admit im getting better with using Toad's speed to stop hammer spammers but i still hate them.... Satan has a special place in hell reserved for hammer spammers.

natebayne

Yup along with Snakers.

natebayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 natebayne
[QUOTE="natebayne"]

Duckman5

Yup along with Snakers.

Snakers?

steizgr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 steizgr8

I've never had that much trouble with Hamer Spammers. You can usually just fake a tackle, let them hammer away, the smack them into the fence and laugh all the way to their net.

But I can't stand people who completely focus on mega strikes.

Does no-one else get that way?

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Duckman5
[QUOTE="Duckman5"][QUOTE="natebayne"]

natebayne

Yup along with Snakers.

Snakers?

People in Mariokart DS that just drift through the entire course hgetting little boosts making it impossible for you to win.

rammstein874

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 rammstein874

Yea its better to play with people you know like friends cuz thats when you know there not going to be spaming and if they do you can just kick there a$$ next time you see them :)

Hey Any one know there Code?

natebayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 natebayne

I've never had that much trouble with Hamer Spammers. You can usually just fake a tackle, let them hammer away, the smack them into the fence and laugh all the way to their net.

steizgr8

See im opposite.. im very good at stopping megastrikes... i struggle with hammer spammers but am figuring out the fake tackle thing. I just make sure i have a player around their captain at all times, if possible.

rammstein874

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 rammstein874

Yea its better to play with people you know like friends cuz thats when you know there not going to be spaming and if they do you can just kick there a$$ next time you see them :)

Hey Any one know there Code?

DiscordDut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DiscordDut
Member since 2006 • 305 Posts
Hammer Spammers, Snakers, what is next Nintendo!?
steizgr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 steizgr8
[QUOTE="steizgr8"]

natebayne

See im opposite.. im very good at stopping megastrikes... i struggle with hammer spammers but am figuring out the fake tackle thing. I just make sure i have a player around their captain at all times, if possible.

I focus on hammer brothers during the game because they potentially have the ability to do ALOT more damage to the game score than a captain and their mega strike.

What annoys me about captains is the way that a Mega strike takes you out of the game for soooooo long, and it's rare for anyone to get a goal out of them online.

They're just such a waste of time.

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Duckman5

Hammer Spammers, Snakers, what is next Nintendo!?DiscordDut

If Brawl is online one can only wonder what fiendish tactic people will come up with.

primitive013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 primitive013
Member since 2003 • 1422 Posts

i dont disconnect. my record is like 20-30. and even the games i've won, I would have to come from behind to win the last two matches. i totally suck, probably cause i never have time to play it.

it seems to me that it would muck up your wii/ds by turning off or reseting everytime you start to lose. amd like the dude from "goodfellas" said, its good for you to get your *** kicked sometimes.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
[QUOTE="natebayne"][QUOTE="Duckman5"][QUOTE="natebayne"]

Duckman5

Yup along with Snakers.

Snakers?

People in Mariokart DS that just drift through the entire course hgetting little boosts making it impossible for you to win.

yeah but that actually takes skill to do. I use the little boosts all the time, its not cheap. Hammer bros spamming just just a simple press of the d-pad.

ag1052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ag1052
Member since 2006 • 5725 Posts

[QUOTE="DiscordDut"]Hammer Spammers, Snakers, what is next Nintendo!?Duckman5

If Brawl is online one can only wonder what fiendish tactic people will come up with.

I bet MOH will have a serious Campers problem

darktomorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 darktomorrow
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

you have a point when people quit. it is a pretty crappy thing to happen especially if you are winning. let me just say there are times when a connection might go bad you know? its happened to me before i know the other person had no intention either cause we were 3-3 and all of a sudden the game ends which was crap! but hey just move next round might be better! :)

rammstein874

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 rammstein874
All i know is that they should of made it so we can pick the games to join like people makeing games it will be so much better cuz people would make games with names like "NO QUITERS" or "NO SPAMMERS" so you know you are going into a game to have fun clean game
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts
welcome to the online gaming world!!!!!:P
rammstein874

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 rammstein874
Yea i know its been like that ever since Online gameing has been around you will always have quiters out there thats what we like to call NUBS or NOOBS lol there are many words out there to call them
youxknowitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 youxknowitt
Member since 2006 • 217 Posts

Just don't be an ass. If you're winning, don't rub it in by scoring 5 more Toad-jump goals.solidsnakeEx3

exactly. hammer spamming too. cant stand it!!!

Video_Tycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#43 Video_Tycoon
Member since 2007 • 677 Posts
Nintendo should've implemented a system where if your opponet quits, you win.
killerkop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44 killerkop
Member since 2004 • 2187 Posts

OMG. Quitters are quitters who can't handle losing in a video game, im sure thier approach to life is wonderful.

Neways, using dirty tactics as an excuse to quit a game is bull. Games like this from nintendo are MADE for dirty tactics. Its IN THE GAME. Its a legitimate strategy, we aren't talking about hacks, or bugs, or whatever. We are talking about preprogramed moves.

The game is extremely balanced in my opinion. If you know how to approach a hammer spammer, you can own them, as well as any other dirty tactic.

Learn how to play, then you don't have to worry about it.

Staccat0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Staccat0
Member since 2006 • 566 Posts
Xbox live lets you lower their rep...
Avatar image for nintendo_fan675
nintendo_fan675

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 nintendo_fan675
Member since 2007 • 14578 Posts
I don't care for my score in strikers and I wouldn't take a chance of messing my Wii up byshutting my Wii on and off again a lot
supreuph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 supreuph
Member since 2007 • 654 Posts
Yea...when you're trying to improve a 8-13 record, the last thing you need is a disconnect after beating somebody 8-0. It hurts, but it feels good to know I've got some spoiled brat somewhere in america cutting off his Nintendo. With no cheap tactics either. I don't even use a hammer bros or toad...those bastards.
jonzilla_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#48 jonzilla_basic
Member since 2002 • 2334 Posts
This has been going on since online play was invented. There nothing anyone can do about it. And Bragging on how great you are is also common to why people quit in the moddle of games.
clarkeyboy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49 clarkeyboy21
Member since 2006 • 702 Posts
Yep, It's really annoying but you've got to accept who the saw losers are.
edd678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 edd678
Member since 2006 • 3660 Posts
Yer its annoying, They should have it so that if you disconnect from a match the opponent automatically gets the win.