Im really getting tired of people quitting in the middle of a match in strikers

• 84 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NeoStar9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 NeoStar9
Member since 2003 • 1761 Posts
This is what I feared about the game and I was really looking forward to it. I held off getting it right away because I wanted to see what the online would be like. :(

I don't really care if I win or lose in a game but I hate having my time wasted. If the disconnects by people are that large then it doesn't seem worth getting in the end. Offline is good but in a game like this I'd like to play it for a long time and that is where the online aspect comes in it.

Avatar image for twosaxy4myshirt
twosaxy4myshirt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 twosaxy4myshirt
Member since 2007 • 1089 Posts
I don't understand what everyone's problem with hammer spammers.  I get more frustrated with Boos, but just like every other character's tactics, you have to have learn to deal with them and win.  It's not your opponent's fault that you can't stop them.  I use them on occasion, but I prefer Birdo and Dry Bones.  When they score it's more humiliating, especially a lob from Dry Bones.

I think there should be a revamp to accepting a match, too, like being able to see someone's record.  I wouldn't accept a match from someone with a 0-0 record, because as far as I'm concerned, they've created a new profile and are trying to have a perfect record.  I also think that there should be some kind of rep system such as Live.  It would make an already awesome experience so much better. 

I played one person and beat them 20-0, but they stuck around for the second match and I won 7-1.  I was impressed.  The guy had had a pretty decent record, too.  Then the very next game, I played somebody with a 0-0 record, and they quit during the first game when I was about to win 3-0.  I was mad.  It would've been the first time that I had won two series in a row.  Yeah, I'm not that great.

I also think it would be pretty cool to have a megastrike-free tournament.  I hate having to sit up and pay attention to block the goals.
-CheeseEater-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 -CheeseEater-
Member since 2007 • 5258 Posts
[QUOTE="natebayne"]

I will admit im getting better with using Toad's speed to stop hammer spammers but i still hate them.... Satan has a special place in hell reserved for hammer spammers.

Duckman5

Yup along with Snakers.

I'm probably what you'd consider a pro snaker...so :P I love snaking. So darn fun pwning the comp.
Gally66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#54 Gally66
Member since 2007 • 2322 Posts
i hear that in the next on-line game they have to make some serious penalties for that
-CheeseEater-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 -CheeseEater-
Member since 2007 • 5258 Posts
i hear that in the next on-line game they have to make some serious penalties for thatGally66
AKA Battalion Wars?
natebayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#56 natebayne
Member since 2006 • 428 Posts

OMG. Quitters are quitters who can't handle losing in a video game, im sure thier approach to life is wonderful.

Neways, using dirty tactics as an excuse to quit a game is bull. Games like this from nintendo are MADE for dirty tactics. Its IN THE GAME. Its a legitimate strategy, we aren't talking about hacks, or bugs, or whatever. We are talking about preprogramed moves.

The game is extremely balanced in my opinion. If you know how to approach a hammer spammer, you can own them, as well as any other dirty tactic.

Learn how to play, then you don't have to worry about it.

killerkop

Translation... i am a hammer spammer and please god dont take my only way to win away.

The fact of the matter is some programmed moves arent well thought out... you know it... i know it... and we all know it. Its not just strikers it happens it alot of games. Its a move that is WAY easier than any other move in the game and if you're good with it, its a guaranteed goal. Please dont give us your bullcrap.

The game is nicely balanced.... if you dont include the hammer bros. The fact is no other player on the field has an ability like that and when your opponent pulls out 2+ hammer bros and they know how to use special items really well... you cant stop it, so spare me your "Its a Legitimate Strategy."

ag1052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 ag1052
Member since 2006 • 5725 Posts
[QUOTE="Duckman5"][QUOTE="natebayne"]

I will admit im getting better with using Toad's speed to stop hammer spammers but i still hate them.... Satan has a special place in hell reserved for hammer spammers.

-CheeseEater-

Yup along with Snakers.

I'm probably what you'd consider a pro snaker...so :P I love snaking. So darn fun pwning the comp.

Thats not something I would go around advertising.

St_muscat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#60 St_muscat
Member since 2007 • 4315 Posts
Me I love having a good record but If my record is bad because I lose all the time I'm ok with that if they were fair losses with me disconnecting NOT all andso I'm not going to quit on anyone because it's unfair to them and no body likes a Hypocrite. My record is54-53 so i'm happy LOL
Lucario6231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Lucario6231
Member since 2007 • 154 Posts
as soon as AR comes out for wii all the cheaters will probably use cheats for wifi
ag1052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 ag1052
as soon as AR comes out for wii all the cheaters will probably use cheats for wifiLucario6231
Cant gamemakers do something to prevent that?
Lucario6231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Lucario6231
Member since 2007 • 154 Posts
[QUOTE="Lucario6231"]as soon as AR comes out for wii all the cheaters will probably use cheats for wifiag1052

no it happened to me in MPH for DS
ag1052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 ag1052
[QUOTE="ag1052"][QUOTE="Lucario6231"]as soon as AR comes out for wii all the cheaters will probably use cheats for wifiLucario6231

no it happened to me in MPH for DS

That sucks...I hope something gets figured out. I wish they could make people who use AR just play other people using AR.
edd678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 edd678
Member since 2006 • 3660 Posts
FFS ! It jus happned to me again for the second time today. I was playign this guy in the first round and it was 2-2 so it went to sudden death. After about 5 mins of stale mate in sudden death i scored so he disconnected! What the hell is the point? I mean it was only the first round, he still had plenty of oppurtunitys to beat me GRRRRR.
foooox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 foooox
Member since 2007 • 79 Posts

On the other hand if you'r as bad as me and let them watch waluigi (if you play with him)saying "Too easy haa haaaa..... losers" they will sure disconnect :P

Don't you think that some are so annoying when they celebrate their goals like Waluigi?

Shanerfin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#67 Shanerfin
Member since 2007 • 205 Posts
Most guys disconnect from me whenI make them watch theWaluigi Crotch chop lol.
Arnalion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Arnalion
Member since 2006 • 3316 Posts
I've actually gotten disconnected from the network without doing anything...
Dr_Corndog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#69 Dr_Corndog
Member since 2004 • 3245 Posts
Welcome to online gaming.
catfishmoon23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 catfishmoon23
Member since 2005 • 5197 Posts
[QUOTE="Duckman5"][QUOTE="natebayne"]

-CheeseEater-

Yup along with Snakers.

I don't mind snakers much either. I know how to snake so it's not much of a problem for me, but I don't snake if others aren't snaking.

MOM-D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#71 MOM-D
Member since 2005 • 5222 Posts
They are just going too keep on quitting. Just quit when you see them
fraz1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 fraz1776
Member since 2006 • 2269 Posts
I've done it once!! but thats because the person I was playing just kept on lobbing the ball between his players so it doesn't touch the ground and I couldn't tackle him I got so pissed off I threw my controller at the tv and turned my wii off!! then I had a cigarette and calmed down!!
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
[QUOTE="-CheeseEater-"][QUOTE="Duckman5"][QUOTE="natebayne"]

catfishmoon23

Yup along with Snakers.

I don't mind snakers much either. I know how to snake so it's not much of a problem for me, but I don't snake if others aren't snaking.

*Puts curse on both of you* You get what you deserve. :evil:

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Duckman5

I've done it once!! but thats because the person I was playing just kept on lobbing the ball between his players so it doesn't touch the ground and I couldn't tackle him I got so pissed off I threw my controller at the tv and turned my wii off!! then I had a cigarette and calmed down!!fraz1776

Get under the red ring a hit A.

fraz1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 fraz1776
Member since 2006 • 2269 Posts

I'm never quick enough! I'm getting better though.

And what is snaking??

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#76 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

Some of you are missing out on the fun of online gaming, ok so snaking and hammer spammers (what the hell =s) may not be fun, but stuff like little tricks that you can do, that can't be abused, thats what online gamings made for.

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Duckman5

I'm never quick enough! I'm getting better though.

And what is snaking??

fraz1776

In Mariokart DS when people just drift the entire course getting little speed boost essentially making it impossible for anyone else to win.

twosaxy4myshirt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 twosaxy4myshirt
[QUOTE="killerkop"]

OMG. Quitters are quitters who can't handle losing in a video game, im sure thier approach to life is wonderful.

Neways, using dirty tactics as an excuse to quit a game is bull. Games like this from nintendo are MADE for dirty tactics. Its IN THE GAME. Its a legitimate strategy, we aren't talking about hacks, or bugs, or whatever. We are talking about preprogramed moves.

The game is extremely balanced in my opinion. If you know how to approach a hammer spammer, you can own them, as well as any other dirty tactic.

natebayne

Translation... I am a hammer spammer and please god dont take my only way to win away.

The fact of the matter is some programmed moves arent well thought out... you know it... i know it... and we all know it. Its not just strikers it happens it alot of games. Its a move that is WAY easier than any other move in the game and if you're good with it, its a guaranteed goal. Please dont give us your bullcrap.

The game is nicely balanced.... if you dont include the hammer bros. The fact is no other player on the field has an ability like that and when your opponent pulls out 2+ hammer bros and they know how to use special items really well... you cant stop it, so spare me your "Its a Legitimate Strategy."

I'm thinking that someone is just a little bit bitter.  The fact of the matter is that you apparently don't like losing when the person is legitimately better than you are.  I'm sure you know that Birdo and Dry Bones, when not guarded and no one gets in the way, have an unblockable shot (in Dry Bones' case, second shot), so I really don't understand your beef.  I hate being scored on and I hate losing just as much as anyone, especially if I can't do anything about it.  But I don't blame it on the game or the other person's tactics.  That's just lazy.  If they're beating you, then get better.  That's all there is to it.
jaemillz555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 jaemillz555
Member since 2007 • 909 Posts
^^ well when someone does the same thing over and over again it is sometimes essentially unbeatable. I dont have strikers but in metroid prime hunters (for all those of you who have it you will understand what i am saying) Someone picked weavil and kept going in and out of there turret mode back and fourth making him impossible to hit and i thought that was the cheapest thing to do becuase it was unbeatable no matter what i did so i ended up quitting because it was way to frustrating. Some tactics are just to dirty and cheap to beat and i think nintendo really needs to do something about it in future online games.
youxknowitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 youxknowitt
Member since 2006 • 217 Posts
[QUOTE="natebayne"][QUOTE="killerkop"]

twosaxy4myshirt

Translation... I am a hammer spammer and please god dont take my only way to win away.

I'm thinking that someone is just a little bit bitter. The fact of the matter is that you apparently don't like losing when the person is legitimately better than you are. I'm sure you know that Birdo and Dry Bones, when not guarded and no one gets in the way, have an unblockable shot (in Dry Bones' case, second shot), so I really don't understand your beef. I hate being scored on and I hate losing just as much as anyone, especially if I can't do anything about it. But I don't blame it on the game or the other person's tactics. That's just lazy. If they're beating you, then get better. That's all there is to it.

look a team consists of 4 people. so it was designed to play with 3 other people on your team. when i see people hammer spam, thats literally the only person they use, aside from the others passing to them. plus, if you try dry bones' deke, it doesnt alwayswork. and dry bones' speciial move only works for sure on the 2nd bounce, the hammer bros move works first time almost every single time. anyways.

people the fact of the matter is, being cheap is cheap. this game was built to bring an even playing field, not for users to exploit certain moves. if that was the case, why not just choose one person?

cyprus646

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#81 cyprus646
Member since 2004 • 4070 Posts
I havent had that problem yet but anyways welcome to online gameing people quit ( I admit I have done it alot on halo 2 :P )
twosaxy4myshirt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 twosaxy4myshirt
[QUOTE="twosaxy4myshirt"][QUOTE="natebayne"][QUOTE="killerkop"]

youxknowitt

I'm thinking that someone is just a little bit bitter. The fact of the matter is that you apparently don't like losing when the person is legitimately better than you are. I'm sure you know that Birdo and Dry Bones, when not guarded and no one gets in the way, have an unblockable shot (in Dry Bones' case, second shot), so I really don't understand your beef. I hate being scored on and I hate losing just as much as anyone, especially if I can't do anything about it. But I don't blame it on the game or the other person's tactics. That's just lazy. If they're beating you, then get better. That's all there is to it.

look a team consists of 4 people. so it was designed to play with 3 other people on your team. when i see people hammer spam, thats literally the only person they use, aside from the others passing to them. plus, if you try dry bones' deke, it doesnt alwayswork. and dry bones' speciial move only works for sure on the 2nd bounce, the hammer bros move works first time almost every single time. anyways.

people the fact of the matter is, being cheap is cheap. this game was built to bring an even playing field, not for users to exploit certain moves. if that was the case, why not just choose one person?

And dealing with people who are cheap is part of the game.  If you can't win against them, then maybe you aren't that good.  It's problem solving at its finest.  
Goku2639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#83 Goku2639
Member since 2005 • 5450 Posts

hell yea.

Ill disconnect if I face a

1. Hammer Spammer

2. A Goalie Hopper that does nothing but goalie hop.

3. Someone who just abuses the skillshot...like having a team of drybones and doing NOTHING but skillshot....and I mean... not doing ONE normal shot.

Pisses the crap outa me

DinoRiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 DinoRiki
Member since 2007 • 613 Posts

You ppl ticked off by game quitters should start a Don't Quit Mid-Game Union I would make it but sadly i do not have high speed internet there-fore have not had someone take away my chance of kicking there rear but if someone made the union i would definitely join

killerkop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#85 killerkop
Member since 2004 • 2187 Posts

You guys talk about the Hammer Bros like they are unstoppable. They aren't, it just takes patience. If you know how and when to lay them out, you can do it, and before they get off a score too. Its not unbalanced, if you know what your doing.

Just like I've never played an online game and had someone shake the nunchuck when I was doing a megastrike. Cuz for those of you who don't know, it shakes the meter and makes it harder to hit orange. Little things like this is why you learn how to play the game, before you go online, I've played so many people that the way they play is like they literally took home the game from the store and just hopped into an online game.

I mean, just read the manual. Am I the only one who still does this?

Learn the game, then challenge others online.

ravemast117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 ravemast117
Member since 2005 • 486 Posts

:O I didn't know this problem moved onto the Wii online games....

I hope Nintendo starts shaping things up.. Soon.