Could RE5 be ported to the Wii with RE4 graphics?

• 78 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wiiman555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 wiiman555
Member since 2007 • 112 Posts

I LOVE the resident evil series and am very disheartened by the fact that Umbrella Chronicles was changed from the original idea of a RE4 style remake of earlier games to an on-rails shooter that looks very lackluster.

RE4 is one of my fav. games. Do you think it is possible for Capcom to port a Wii version of RE5 from the X360, with RE4 graphics? (or slightly better to accomodate for the Wii's graphical power over the Gamecube's)

That would be awesome, because frankly, I want to play RE5 with Wii controls.

redfield_137

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 redfield_137
Member since 2005 • 2269 Posts

Yes

dieworm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 dieworm
Member since 2004 • 6416 Posts
Well, it wouldn't be a port but a seperate build. I wouldn't mind. RE4 with better lighting and textures would look just as good as RE5, in my opinion.
Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts
there's always some way to port it. But it could also mean worse physics, worse character animation, worse lighting,..etc.. all things that make a game more immersive
Jonthin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jonthin
Member since 2007 • 179 Posts
Yeh thats true and one of the reasons why capcom put RE5 for the 360, because of the graphix off the 360 are better than the Wii. I would LOVE to play RE5 on the Wii and it will probly happen, like a year after Re5 comes out.
Anysteam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Anysteam
Member since 2007 • 67 Posts
Yes it can, but I prefer a game built from the ground up for Wii.
Giff1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Giff1988
Member since 2007 • 800 Posts

I dont think so. If they needed to re do all of the graphics that means they would have to remake pratically the whole game over again. So it would not be a port. But is it possible that Capcom will go through this trouble to get there game out to a fastly growing crowd.... I would say yes they would and should.

mrmoeone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mrmoeone
Member since 2006 • 524 Posts
yes i agree...capcom needs to bring this title over to the wii...

I dont think so. If they needed to re do all of the graphics that means they would have to remake pratically the whole game over again. So it would not be a port. But is it possible that Capcom will go through this trouble to get there game out to a fastly growing crowd.... I would say yes they would and should.

Giff1988
The_Great_Samu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 The_Great_Samu
Member since 2006 • 458 Posts

Well, it wouldn't be a port but a seperate build. I wouldn't mind. RE4 with better lighting and textures would look just as good as RE5, in my opinion.dieworm

Not as good but still pretty good. Though I am pretty sure CAPCOM won't port the game to Wii. Maybe Wii will get it's own "true" re after Umbrella Chronicles...

Avatar image for PerfectWhenDead
PerfectWhenDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PerfectWhenDead
Member since 2005 • 195 Posts
Everyone needs to get over the fact that they bought a Wii. RE5 isnt coming out for Wii, buy a damn 360 if it means that much to you, its what i did. RE5 isnt going to have the same graphics as RE4 its going to be much better and a higher resolution then the Wii is capable of. We have RE4 and Umbrella chronicles. maybe a few more side games will come, but thats about it. RE5 will look beautiful, when i shoot a zombie i want to see the chucks of flesh tear from his body, i dont want to see some dumb down little brother version. stop getting your hopes up, the game is destined for bigger and better things, dont hold it back by putting on the Wii, RE5 is a franchise that needs to live on because of its story, its depth, creativity, the whole mother load, the Wii will kill it. i hate to make the comparrison in this room but, take halo for instance, all thoughts aside as far as if u love it or hate it, look at it this way, halo one looked pretty famn good when it came out, halo 2 looked even better, but to top that they couldnt make another game on the original xbox, it wouldnt push the series forward, it would be more of the same, so they took it to 360 where it sold 170 mil... now just because there are still 5 million people who only have an xbox and not a 360, would bungie make a dulled verion of halo3 for xbox to please them...no. its about the franchise, not the system, they do what they do for the sake of the game, not the console.
ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ThePlothole
Member since 2007 • 11515 Posts

there's always some way to port it. But it could also mean worse physics, worse character animation, worse lighting,..etc.. all things that make a game more immersiveAlways-Honest

Aie. Most people don't seem to realize that better graphics are not the only possible benefit to increased processing power.

lfckickass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lfckickass
Member since 2006 • 73 Posts
I would love to see this happen. A game doesnt have to be built for the wii from ground up to be good, RE 4 wii editionis called the ultimate edition of that game in many places. But unfortunately, most other ports are terrible.
dieworm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dieworm

I don't think the lighting's that big of a deal, it might not be as impressive if put on Wii, but RE4 had great lighting and Metroid Prime 3 has fantastic lighting proving that it could have bloom and HDR. I'm not sure if the effect of extreme brightness is hardware implemented, but I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard to implement on Wii. Really, it seems rather simple. As for physics? lol, what so amazing about the physics? Animation? What? When did that have to do with anything? It's not as if it doesn't have enough video ram to fit in it. Ohhh, you must mean all those hairs on Chris' head that no one cares about.

Maybe it's just me, but RE5 doesn't look that impressive so far versus RE4. I mean, yeah it looks a ton better, but only because it's got a new style thanks to being set in Haiti and it's a lot cleaner looking. Everything else still looks RE4 to me, the animation, the way the crowd moves, etc.

I'd still prefer it if they made something like RE4 II (for Wii), bascially a completely original Wii effort.

ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ThePlothole
Member since 2007 • 11515 Posts

As for physics? lol, what so amazing about the physics? Animation? What? When did that have to do with anything?

dieworm

Ever played Half-life 2? It, like a number of games, demonstrates that physics can play an important role in gameplay.

Animation... well, I suppose as long as it isn't jerky.

Okay, but here's another one: Artificial Intelligence.

p_angelofdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 p_angelofdeath
Member since 2006 • 121 Posts
I hope it'can and I love RE4:Wii Edition Graphic it's awesome!
Death_Razor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Death_Razor
Member since 2006 • 388 Posts

Everyone needs to get over the fact that they bought a Wii. RE5 isnt coming out for Wii, buy a damn 360 if it means that much to you, its what i did. RE5 isnt going to have the same graphics as RE4 its going to be much better and a higher resolution then the Wii is capable of. We have RE4 and Umbrella chronicles. maybe a few more side games will come, but thats about it. RE5 will look beautiful, when i shoot a zombie i want to see the chucks of flesh tear from his body, i dont want to see some dumb down little brother version. stop getting your hopes up, the game is destined for bigger and better things, dont hold it back by putting on the Wii, RE5 is a franchise that needs to live on because of its story, its depth, creativity, the whole mother load, the Wii will kill it. i hate to make the comparrison in this room but, take halo for instance, all thoughts aside as far as if u love it or hate it, look at it this way, halo one looked pretty famn good when it came out, halo 2 looked even better, but to top that they couldnt make another game on the original xbox, it wouldnt push the series forward, it would be more of the same, so they took it to 360 where it sold 170 mil... now just because there are still 5 million people who only have an xbox and not a 360, would bungie make a dulled verion of halo3 for xbox to please them...no. its about the franchise, not the system, they do what they do for the sake of the game, not the console.PerfectWhenDead

Lol after playing RE 4 on the wii I dont want to play an other RE title without the wiimote. I dont have a 360 but i plan on getting one before RE5 is release (around 09) yet i would still prefer RE5 on the wii.

nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts

[QUOTE="Always-Honest"]there's always some way to port it. But it could also mean worse physics, worse character animation, worse lighting,..etc.. all things that make a game more immersiveThePlothole

Aie. Most people don't seem to realize that better graphics are not the only possible benefit to increased processing power.

whenpeople say graphics they usuallymean everything ;)
nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nintendo-4life

[QUOTE="Always-Honest"]there's always some way to port it. But it could also mean worse physics, worse character animation, worse lighting,..etc.. all things that make a game more immersiveThePlothole

nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 nintendo-4life

Chipp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Chipp
Member since 2003 • 1897 Posts
I'd be glad to take a RE4 style game based on a side story, something like Code Veronica. Hell, I've been wondering what happened to Clair after that one lol.
Jesteroflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Jesteroflies
Member since 2007 • 315 Posts
Dunno if the rail idea is good for a RE game. Its possible for it to be ported, i wouldnt mind it. Loved RE4 and hope it could be.
gorilaboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 gorilaboy
Member since 2006 • 765 Posts
Everyone needs to get over the fact that they bought a Wii. RE5 isnt coming out for Wii, buy a damn 360 if it means that much to you, its what i did. RE5 isnt going to have the same graphics as RE4 its going to be much better and a higher resolution then the Wii is capable of. We have RE4 and Umbrella chronicles. maybe a few more side games will come, but thats about it. RE5 will look beautiful, when i shoot a zombie i want to see the chucks of flesh tear from his body, i dont want to see some dumb down little brother version. stop getting your hopes up, the game is destined for bigger and better things, dont hold it back by putting on the Wii, RE5 is a franchise that needs to live on because of its story, its depth, creativity, the whole mother load, the Wii will kill it. i hate to make the comparrison in this room but, take halo for instance, all thoughts aside as far as if u love it or hate it, look at it this way, halo one looked pretty famn good when it came out, halo 2 looked even better, but to top that they couldnt make another game on the original xbox, it wouldnt push the series forward, it would be more of the same, so they took it to 360 where it sold 170 mil... now just because there are still 5 million people who only have an xbox and not a 360, would bungie make a dulled verion of halo3 for xbox to please them...no. its about the franchise, not the system, they do what they do for the sake of the game, not the console.PerfectWhenDead
But Capcom isn't trying to sell consoles, is it?
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34617 Posts
I wouldn't call something, that doesn't even use the same graphics engine, a "port".
illbitcrusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 illbitcrusher
Member since 2004 • 2052 Posts
[QUOTE="ThePlothole"]

[QUOTE="Always-Honest"]there's always some way to port it. But it could also mean worse physics, worse character animation, worse lighting,..etc.. all things that make a game more immersivenintendo-4life

When people say graphics, they're usually refering to how something looks.
Avatar image for Gilgore_Mankill
Gilgore_Mankill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Gilgore_Mankill
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I honestly think it's possible, and really in Nintendo's AND Capcom's best interest to make sure that Resident Evil 5 comes to the Wii. I mean, they teased us by remaking RE 1 and creating RE 0 for us on the Gamecube, but then they for some reason felt inclined to give us some uber-poor appeasement of RE2, RE Nemesis, and RE:CV WITHOUT changing them. I think we're owed this. Also, the Wii's games (nintendo's in general) are never really about 'super awesome I can see my character breathing' graphics; it's been about game concept and controls. I think the Wii has excellent graphics potential, it just really hasn't been put to good use. I suppose I should be thankful that the Wii brings us a variety of games, compared to the 360 which comes out with carbon cobies of the same game archtype: (So we got these futuristic space marines from earth...yeah...and they're fighting against an alien nemesis...?!?!?!). I'll never buy a 360 as I hate microsoft and most if not all it put out; yeah, Xbox live was fun for awhile, but I can only take so much Space Marine on Alien action. If the Wii wants to keep people interested, it needs to 'step it up' and bring more of an adult feel to the system. It's still playing to the stereotype of Mario Sunshine and Mario party, with games that are more childish and full of five-minute cheap thrills. Fine, I get it, the Wii is a 'fun' system. THIS DOESNT MEAN WE COULDNT ALL ROCK OUT TO RE 5 with our nunchucks, ESPECIALLY after Capcom had the brass to port it to the -insert explicit phrasing- 360. Of all things? Why not just knife us in the back now, Capcom.
sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#26 sonic_rusher
Member since 2007 • 2185 Posts

I cant find the link but I remember one of the Capcom devs saying that if, at the time, the unknown RE UC was successful MAYBE RE5 would be on Wii but that was so long ago not even the devs knew how much power the Wii had.

If they were going to make the RE5 on Wii the following conditons would have to be met:

1. RE UC has to do pretty damn good

2. They would need to make the game from the ground up basically if you want good graphics and controls.

3. Capcom would have to wake up and see the opportunity of making this game on Wii and making sure everyone knows its a not a port.

4. Probably god himself woud have to convince them.

sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 sonic_rusher

I beg of you capcom please make re5 for wii!!!

dieworm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 dieworm
[QUOTE="dieworm"]

As for physics? lol, what so amazing about the physics? Animation? What? When did that have to do with anything?

ThePlothole

Ever played Half-life 2? It, like a number of games, demonstrates that physics can play an important role in gameplay.

Animation... well, I suppose as long as it isn't jerky.

Okay, but here's another one: Artificial Intelligence.

Yes, I have it. Great game. I think its physics are the pinnacle of physics. But who knows how great the physics will be. I'd settle for RE4's, with its doors, barrel, crowd swaying, etc. Not sure how great the AI is, but they're Zombies! XD Well, not technically, but whatever. XD RE4's crowd flanking was fine.

Like I said, I'm not trying to be stubborn, but from what I've seen, I'm not too impressed with the "leap" RE5 has taken so far. We just need more details and footage I guess.

Cancer8u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Cancer8u
Member since 2007 • 195 Posts
It will prob come to the wii a good while after it comes for 360......but as expected they will have to dum the graphics down.....unless the Nintendo surprises us with some kinda update that lets the wii play hi def.....that would be awsome...
parksits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 parksits
Member since 2005 • 1037 Posts

Everyone needs to get over the fact that they bought a Wii. RE5 isnt coming out for Wii, buy a damn 360 if it means that much to you, its what i did. RE5 isnt going to have the same graphics as RE4 its going to be much better and a higher resolution then the Wii is capable of. We have RE4 and Umbrella chronicles. maybe a few more side games will come, but thats about it. RE5 will look beautiful, when i shoot a zombie 1) i want to see the chuncks of flesh tear from his body, i dont want to see some dumb down little brother version. stop getting your hopes up, the game is destined for bigger and better things, 2)dont hold it back by putting on the Wii, RE5 is a franchise that 3)needs to live on because of its story, its depth, creativity, the whole mother load, 4)the Wii will kill it. i hate to make the comparrison in this room but, take halo for instance, all thoughts aside as far as if u love it or hate it, look at it this way, halo one looked pretty famn good when it came out, halo 2 looked even better, but to top that they couldnt make another game on the original xbox, it wouldnt push the series forward, it would be more of the same, so they took it to 360 where it sold 170 mil... now just because there are still 5 million people who only have an xbox and not a 360, would bungie make a dulled verion of halo3 for xbox to please them...no. its about the franchise, not the system, they do what they do for the sake of the game, not the console.PerfectWhenDead

1)wow...how sick are you

2)how will actually aiming, punching, and slashing hold back the game at all?

3)this whole sentence contradicts your whole "grafix!!!" theory..

4)wow!!! you can see the future?!?!

P.S. - learn how to make an argument that will actually make an impact on your audience.

Darthmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Darthmatt
Member since 2002 • 8970 Posts
No! Get a 360 or PS3 if you want RE5. This needs to go away because it will never come to wii.
f8al13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32 f8al13
Member since 2006 • 878 Posts

Yes it can, but I prefer a game built from the ground up for Wii.Anysteam

Kind of like RE:UC?

Severed_Hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Severed_Hand
Member since 2007 • 3402 Posts

im sure there's some possibility of it being released down the road.

sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 sonic_rusher

[QUOTE="PerfectWhenDead"]Everyone needs to get over the fact that they bought a Wii. RE5 isnt coming out for Wii, buy a damn 360 if it means that much to you, its what i did. RE5 isnt going to have the same graphics as RE4 its going to be much better and a higher resolution then the Wii is capable of. We have RE4 and Umbrella chronicles. maybe a few more side games will come, but thats about it. RE5 will look beautiful, when i shoot a zombie 1) i want to see the chuncks of flesh tear from his body, i dont want to see some dumb down little brother version. stop getting your hopes up, the game is destined for bigger and better things, 2)dont hold it back by putting on the Wii, RE5 is a franchise that 3)needs to live on because of its story, its depth, creativity, the whole mother load, 4)the Wii will kill it. i hate to make the comparrison in this room but, take halo for instance, all thoughts aside as far as if u love it or hate it, look at it this way, halo one looked pretty famn good when it came out, halo 2 looked even better, but to top that they couldnt make another game on the original xbox, it wouldnt push the series forward, it would be more of the same, so they took it to 360 where it sold 170 mil... now just because there are still 5 million people who only have an xbox and not a 360, would bungie make a dulled verion of halo3 for xbox to please them...no. its about the franchise, not the system, they do what they do for the sake of the game, not the console.parksits

1)wow...how sick are you

2)how will actually aiming, punching, and slashing hold back the game at all?

3)this whole sentence contradicts your whole "grafix!!!" theory..

4)wow!!! you can see the future?!?!

P.S. - learn how to make an argument that will actually make an impact on your audience.

Not only is he dead wrong because his arguement is just plain flawed the Wii can go alot farther than the Xbox. He seems to put the two at the same level.

Havik951

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Havik951
Member since 2007 • 67 Posts
Well im not sure if it was true, but Capcom stated that depending on how RE:UC and RE4 do on the Wii, they may port it...I wouldnt mind RE4 graphics
zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 zaku101
Member since 2005 • 4641 Posts

Capcom probably won't do it unless someone paid them 2. Smarter to make it for 360 and ps3 because you would need to make no major changes to the game and profit off both systems. Could make it for the Wii but that way you only profit off 1 system this way. This is why you don't see major 3d party support for the Wii. This is also why you see some PS3 only and 360 only games on both systems.

wiiman555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 wiiman555
Member since 2007 • 112 Posts

I think Capcom would make big money with a RE4 style game for the wii--whether it be a port of RE5 or a new game with an enhanced RE4 engine. Think of all the Wii units sold compared to the PS3...

RE5 with Wii controls would be ultimately sweet.

NSR34GTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 NSR34GTR
Member since 2007 • 13179 Posts
wii cannot handle the lighting effects of RE5
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
No they can't. They would need to COMPLETELY re-make the game changing physics, graphics, the engine, the whole thing. It would be a complete waste of money on Capcoms part.
Darthmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Darthmatt
Member since 2002 • 8970 Posts
No they can't. They would need to COMPLETELY re-make the game changing physics, graphics, the engine, the whole thing. It would be a complete waste of money on Capcoms part.Duckman5
Agreed. And the game wouldnt come out till 2010. At that rate it would be more cost effective to make an original game. Get a 360 or PS3 if you want RE5.
hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#41 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts
That wouldn't be progression, and the ratings would suffer because of that.
sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 sonic_rusher

That wouldn't be progression, and the ratings would suffer because of that.hiphops_savior

thats because reviewers like GS only care about graphics. If capcom were to pull off a fantastic control scheme and make the game from the ground up they could make it look like an advanced RE4.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
Yes,they could,but just because they could doesn't mean they should.
lolag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 lolag
Member since 2004 • 2370 Posts
possible but aint gona happen
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts
It wouldn't be RE5 if it wasn't on the 360 or PS3 since they are doing something in the game where Heat is a big part of the gameplay if Chris is in the heat his body temperature will rise making Aiming more difficult because he would be Sweating and can't hold the Gun still.
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Duckman5

It wouldn't be RE5 if it wasn't on the 360 or PS3 since they are doing something in the game where Heat is a big part of the gameplay if Chris is in the heat his body temperature will rise making Aiming more difficult because he would be Sweating and can't hold the Gun still.Nintendo_Ownes7

Sweating makes it harder to aim? WTF?

dieworm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 dieworm
No they can't. They would need to COMPLETELY re-make the game changing physics, graphics, the engine, the whole thing. Duckman5
And what do you think he meant by "RE4 graphics." :|
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"]It wouldn't be RE5 if it wasn't on the 360 or PS3 since they are doing something in the game where Heat is a big part of the gameplay if Chris is in the heat his body temperature will rise making Aiming more difficult because he would be Sweating and can't hold the Gun still.Duckman5

Sweating makes it harder to aim? WTF?

They said that in the game if your character sweats it will cause him to not aim that good since the gun will get Slippery, that also happens when you are in a high stress situation.
3rd_child

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 3rd_child
Member since 2006 • 467 Posts
It might be possible, did any of you guys listen to the Wiire Podcast Episode #074...(see 1:22) apparantly theyve made Resident Evil 4 for cell phones.
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Duckman5

[QUOTE="Duckman5"]No they can't. They would need to COMPLETELY re-make the game changing physics, graphics, the engine, the whole thing. dieworm
And what do you think he meant by "RE4 graphics." :|

You would need to re-tool the entire game to do that, you can't just turn down the graphics knob. :|