Could RE5 be ported to the Wii with RE4 graphics?

• 78 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
[QUOTE="Duckman5"]

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"]It wouldn't be RE5 if it wasn't on the 360 or PS3 since they are doing something in the game where Heat is a big part of the gameplay if Chris is in the heat his body temperature will rise making Aiming more difficult because he would be Sweating and can't hold the Gun still.Nintendo_Ownes7

Sweating makes it harder to aim? WTF?

They said that in the game if your character sweats it will cause him to not aim that good since the gun will get Slippery, that also happens when you are in a high stress situation.

I suppose it does but I wonder how much and why would that not be able to be done on the Wii? I still think that this game will not come but what is your reasoning?

dieworm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 dieworm
Member since 2004 • 6416 Posts

[QUOTE="dieworm"][QUOTE="Duckman5"]No they can't. They would need to COMPLETELY re-make the game changing physics, graphics, the engine, the whole thing. Duckman5

And what do you think he meant by "RE4 graphics." :|

You would need to re-tool the entire game to do that, you can't just turn down the graphics knob. :|

Uh, re-tool the RE4 engine? You said build a new engine for it. I was talking about the RE4 engine.

EDIT: This has nothing to do with what I was talking about, but games are scaleable, so yes, you can "just turn down the graphics knob". But it would look like ass. RE4 engine ftw.

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Duckman5
[QUOTE="Duckman5"]

[QUOTE="dieworm"][QUOTE="Duckman5"]No they can't. They would need to COMPLETELY re-make the game changing physics, graphics, the engine, the whole thing. dieworm

You would need to re-tool the entire game to do that, you can't just turn down the graphics knob. :|

Uh, re-tool the RE4 engine? You said build a new engine for it. I was talking about the RE4 engine.

EDIT: This has nothing to do with what I was talking about, but games are scaleable, so yes, you can "just turn down the graphics knob". But it would look like ass. RE4 engine ftw.

Care to explain to me how you'd get a game designed to work on the RE5 engine and just place it on the RE4 engine?

sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#54 sonic_rusher
Member since 2007 • 2185 Posts
[QUOTE="Duckman5"]

[QUOTE="dieworm"][QUOTE="Duckman5"]No they can't. They would need to COMPLETELY re-make the game changing physics, graphics, the engine, the whole thing. dieworm

Just make the game from the ground up They cant really use 360 materiel. They would have to put alot of resources in this game to do ti right and capcom is not like that. The game has a snow cone in hell's chance of being on Wii.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#55 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts
[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"][QUOTE="Duckman5"]

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"]It wouldn't be RE5 if it wasn't on the 360 or PS3 since they are doing something in the game where Heat is a big part of the gameplay if Chris is in the heat his body temperature will rise making Aiming more difficult because he would be Sweating and can't hold the Gun still.Duckman5

They said that in the game if your character sweats it will cause him to not aim that good since the gun will get Slippery, that also happens when you are in a high stress situation.

I suppose it does but I wonder how much and why would that not be able to be done on the Wii? I still think that this game will not come but what is your reasoning?

But with the Wii Remote you can't really recreate that because it would be easier with a normal controller to recreate that because the Wii Remote you would expect it to aim where you point and I can't really see how it will work, but maybe Capcom can get it to work, I also figured that went with the physics.
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Duckman5
[QUOTE="Duckman5"][QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"][QUOTE="Duckman5"]

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"]It wouldn't be RE5 if it wasn't on the 360 or PS3 since they are doing something in the game where Heat is a big part of the gameplay if Chris is in the heat his body temperature will rise making Aiming more difficult because he would be Sweating and can't hold the Gun still.Nintendo_Ownes7

But with the Wii Remote you can't really recreate that because it would be easier with a normal controller to recreate that because the Wii Remote you would expect it to aim where you point and I can't really see how it will work, but maybe Capcom can get it to work, I also figured that went with the physics.

I see what you mean.

lolag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 lolag
Member since 2004 • 2370 Posts
[QUOTE="dieworm"][QUOTE="Duckman5"]

[QUOTE="dieworm"][QUOTE="Duckman5"]No they can't. They would need to COMPLETELY re-make the game changing physics, graphics, the engine, the whole thing. Duckman5

Care to explain to me how you'd get a game designed to work on the RE5 engine and just place it on the RE4 engine?

copy and paste duh lol jk but if the wii owners really want re5 the need to build it from scratch
dieworm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 dieworm
[QUOTE="dieworm"][QUOTE="Duckman5"]

Quit putting words in my mouth. I said jack about that. All I said was build the game using the RE4 engine.

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Duckman5
[QUOTE="Duckman5"][QUOTE="dieworm"][QUOTE="Duckman5"]

Quit putting words in my mouth. I said jack about that. I said build the game using the RE4 engine.

That's what I was saying earlier about that being so impractical that it's not feasable.

jorgeluisbl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 jorgeluisbl
Member since 2005 • 1479 Posts
I think every RE fan has thought of that, and it would be awesome if RE5 was ported to the wii.
dieworm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 dieworm
[QUOTE="dieworm"][QUOTE="Duckman5"][QUOTE="dieworm"][QUOTE="Duckman5"]

Quit putting words in my mouth. I said jack about that. I said build the game using the RE4 engine.

That's what I was saying earlier about that being so impractical that it's not feasable.

It would be neither. They'd just be better off making a completely new game. REX or RE5 for Wii would be both extremely profitbale, but REX would come with quicker dev time and less resources, thus more profitable.

I guess REX in this situation could be REUC, but I'm willing to bet they'll move onto an RE4 type game next.

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Duckman5
[QUOTE="Duckman5"][QUOTE="dieworm"][QUOTE="Duckman5"][QUOTE="dieworm"][QUOTE="Duckman5"]

It would be neither. They'd just be better off making a completely new game. REX or RE5 for Wii would be both extremely profitbale, but REX would come with quicker dev time and less resources, thus more profitable.

I guess REX in this situation could be REUC, but I'm willing to bet they'll move onto an RE4 type game next.

Now you're not even talking about the thread topic, RE5. But forget it because you don't seem to know much of anything about Capcom or the things necessary to make a toned down RE5.

dieworm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 dieworm
[QUOTE="dieworm"][QUOTE="Duckman5"][QUOTE="dieworm"][QUOTE="Duckman5"][QUOTE="dieworm"][QUOTE="Duckman5"]

Now you're not even talking about the thread topic, RE5. But forget it because you don't seem to know much of anything about Capcom or the things necessary to make a toned down RE5.

LOL

Yes I was. I was saying instead of them putting RE5 on the Wii, they're better off making something completey original.

Don't know anything about CAPCOM? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: You're a fool!

http://forums.modojo.com/showthread.php?t=151766

Damn, son. :|

T_Largo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 T_Largo
Member since 2007 • 160 Posts
I don't care what anyone says, I hope to God that RE5 IS released for the Wii, even if it does mean RE4 graphics.
Junior_AIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 132

User Lists: 1

#65 Junior_AIN
Member since 2007 • 4703 Posts
Regression is not good for humanity, you bought Wii now live with it
Chipp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Chipp
Member since 2003 • 1897 Posts

I don't care what anyone says, I hope to God that RE5 IS released for the Wii, even if it does mean RE4 graphics.T_Largo

It wouldn't be RE4 graphics, they would be better. Probably crisper textures, lighting and animation. The polygon count was fine imo and so was the game running at 30fps. But if they could push 60fps all the better.

magnax1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#67 magnax1
Member since 2007 • 4605 Posts

For all the people who sa it wouldn't be able to do the physics, look at half life 2 for xbox1, you could easily do something like that for the game.

T_Largo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 T_Largo
Member since 2007 • 160 Posts

[QUOTE="T_Largo"]I don't care what anyone says, I hope to God that RE5 IS released for the Wii, even if it does mean RE4 graphics.Ramadear

It wouldn't be RE4 graphics, they would be better. Probably crisper textures, lighting and animation. The polygon count was fine imo and so was the game running at 30fps. But if they could push 60fps all the better.

Thank you, I agree. I would be happy with RE4 graphics, despite the Wii being capable of more than that.

dieworm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 dieworm

:lol: RE5 coming to Wii?

Oh please. When I can play RE4 on my cell phone, that's when we'll see RE5 on Wii. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsw6Bubp29Q

Oh wait. :|

lancea34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 lancea34
Member since 2007 • 6912 Posts

Well im not sure if it was true, but Capcom stated that depending on how RE:UC and RE4 do on the Wii, they may port it...I wouldnt mind RE4 graphicsHavik951

Then lets wait untill re5 is released. Then well see iftheyll port it.

Phanrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#71 Phanrang
Member since 2005 • 1496 Posts

:lol: RE5 coming to Wii?

Oh please. When I can play RE4 on my cell phone, that's when we'll see RE5 on Wii. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsw6Bubp29Q

Oh wait. :|

dieworm

Oh now we can end this discussion about RE5 not being able to work on the Wii. I agree that some of the things won't be as good as the 360/PS3 verison, but think of it as an another alternative for people who don't own these consoles. Having one more Resident Evil game on the Wii wouldn't hurt anyone.

aleco2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 aleco2012
Member since 2007 • 151 Posts
i heard about this someone started a petition to capcom to port re5 to wii he said he would love to its just they need some mony and time with re5 zack and wiki re crohnicals ect maybe in 2009
Avatar image for Wiifanboy_4life
Wiifanboy_4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#73 Wiifanboy_4life
Member since 2006 • 3971 Posts
Neh. I'd much rather have it on the 360. The Wii controls made it far too easy. I actually had to try on the GC and PS2 ones for mercenaries, professional, and target practice. Now it's really easy. Not that that is necessarily a bad thing, but I'd much rather have dual analog again, unless they can somehow cope for the decrease in difficulty.
DS_Lightning21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 DS_Lightning21
Member since 2007 • 741 Posts

It'll definitely control better than the PS3 and XBOX360 versions. After playing the RE4: Wii Edition, I just couldn't go back to traditional aiming. The hardest part of the game for me was using the rifle.

Whatever...I'm excited about Umbrella Chronicles!

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#76 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts
well well halo 3 didnt look much detailed... at all it looked like halo 2 so if bungie wanted to they can port it over to xbox but they wont ,,, xbox is done for .. there is nothing comin for it as far as re5 goes yes its possible ,, no the wii will not kill it you cant kill somthing thats always great look at re4 they had to dim the graphics to get it on ps2 did it kill the series no ... you all think 360 is so realistic but guess what i havent seen many realistic games yes theres a few ,, pd0 pgr 3and 4 FORZA 2 all first party and 2nd party titles .. the 3rd party rarely releases a realistic looking game madden is the only one so far ive seen saints row loook good but seriously . driver looked almost as good as saints row why couldnt they put re5 on wii i mean they did with carbon madden etc
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#77 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
lol, keep dreaming, RE 5 is staying on next gen consoles and that the way it is, i don't care if it does go to the wii, but its just not going to happen.
mdisen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#78 mdisen2
Member since 2005 • 1133 Posts
Resident Evil 4 graphics obviously weren't pushing the Wii hardware that hard. If they were to port it in some fashion, it would sell at least 500k copies if not a million easy. It really depends on how Umbrella Chronicles does.