confirmed, modern warfare not coming to the wii.

• 146 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Reborn7me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Reborn7me
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Infinity Ward only focuses in the more powerful consoles. It was obvious that it wasn't going on the Wii.

bc1391
no, they are just lazy
Avatar image for mouthforbathory
mouthforbathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#102 mouthforbathory
Member since 2006 • 2114 Posts

[QUOTE="AlexSays"]I've been telling everyone this for months. Thank you Infinity Ward. I don't want to see your game stripped down for the Wii.EpiphoneMan2008
It would not be stripped down!

CoD:WaW while fun on the Wii, was stripped down. The game only had 8 players max online, and while the game did have it's shining moments, had the game been rebuilt with a Wii specific version of the Modern Warfare engine, it could've looked better, because alot of the textures in the Wii version look absolutely abysmal, though the game was still fun. It just had the capacity to be much better but it was a simple porting of the code to Wii, and tuning down the graphics, not even rebuilding them to suit the Wii at all. Almost like taking Crysis off a PC with proper a graphics card to run it with high or very high graphics settings and throwing it onto a computer with barely enough GPU horsepower to render it at minimum specs at a decent framerate. Chances are that a Wii version would be a stripped down version and the sheer level of orchestration needed to run MW2 just like MW1 needed would be very difficult to translate to the Wii without losing much of the quality. That's just the CPU I'm talking about, let's not get into the graphics and RAM segment. The cores in the Xenon CPU in the Xbox 360 are not only 4 times the clock speed than the Wii's single core PowerP700 series CPU (3.2 GHz vs 743 MHz) but they have better architecture and there are 3 cores in the Xenon. The Xenon as a whole is at least 12x as powerful not taking into account the multi-threading capabilities and architecture improvements in the improved Power based cores in the Xenon.

riou7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#103 riou7  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 10842 Posts

i already expect this

Dgalmun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#104 Dgalmun
Member since 2009 • 16266 Posts

Well there's maybe a chance it may come out for the wii,

Avatar image for AdmiralWolverin
AdmiralWolverin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 AdmiralWolverin
Member since 2009 • 479 Posts

[QUOTE="AdmiralWolverin"][QUOTE="danger_ranger95"]

Darnit!!!!

I was kinda hoping it would come (which it still could), but oh well. I still haven't picked up COD:WaW or MoH:H2 lol. I'm waiting for the right price.

umcommon

dang it! i swear this is the last time ill post this and afterwards ill just laugh and say i told you so if it comes (no, that's not what she said) http://www.gonintendo.com/?p=83676 IT MIGHT STILL BE COMING, THEY'RE PRETTY CONVINCED IT IS FOR A REASONABLE REASON "Our friends at Revogamers tell us that Wii owners needn't worry. They say that a version is coming, even though Activision hasn't confirmed it yet. They cannot reveal their sources, but I definitely trust what these guys have to say. They got in touch with me personally to discuss the matter, and I know they wouldn't stick their neck out on the line without good reason." (http://www.revogamers.net/noticias-3722-Modern-Warfare-2-al-descubierto.html)

There linked, I hope that source is reliable.

cheers, ive not got another source as well

"I actually have two insiders, one is actually a video game developer so he knows when a developer has a job posting for a particular game. He has been right in the past he did say that World at War was going to be on the Wii and that is would be "skinned" compared to the HD versions. He was spot on. My other insider is from the video game media and he also says the game is coming to the Wii.

Infinity Ward is actually the one's that finished optimizing the Call of Duty 4 engine for the Wii. After IW finished optimizing the engine for the Wii, they handed it over to Treyarch so they can get familiar with it and get their hands in it. In this process, Treyarch worked around the things they wanted in their game and what couldn't make it in the game with the engine. And some of the things were cut due to time and cost and to Wii hardware.

Do you know what confuses me. Why do people say "Infinity Ward hates the Wii?" They clearly don't and I have talked to IW's Robert Bowling (FourZeroTwo) on many occasions and asked him on his thoughts about the Wii. He says "It's a great console, with a lot of potential." He has no problems with the Wii whatsoever. Infinity Ward loves the Wii.

Why would Infinity Ward finish optimizing their engine for the Wii, then never release a game for that particular console?

And the reason why Call of Duty 4 never came to the Wii was because Infinity Ward was trying to port the engine over to the Wii but sadly they didn't have enough time to do so. Activision said they HAD to release the game soon so they never got to porting the engine over. And in their down time after the release of Call of Duty 4, Infinity Ward finally got the chance to finish their already work-in-progress engine port, and then later gave it to Treyarch for World at War. And since the engine is now finished and is ready to be optimized even farther by Infinity Ward, there is no excuse of why Modern Warfare 2 shouldn't release on the Wii. "

it's a bit of a mouthfall, but he continues on that page

http://blogs.ign.com/ThaPr1meK1ng/2009/05/24/121314

rgame1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 rgame1
Member since 2008 • 2526 Posts

[QUOTE="rgame1"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

How is it that everyone didn't already know this?

Infinity Ward made COD4 which wasn't for the Wii so they didn't know how to use the hardware, so what exactly pointed to it being on the Wii now?

Jaysonguy

the fact that w@W sold a million and the COD4 engine was already up and running on Wii.

You're aware that Infinity Ward has never worked on the Wii at all right?

whats your point, none of them ever worked on the 360 or PS3 either when it came out? so? theres a first time for everything.
rgame1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 rgame1

How is it that everyone didn't already know this?

Infinity Ward made COD4 which wasn't for the Wii so they didn't know how to use the hardware, so what exactly pointed to it being on the Wii now?

Haziqonfire

the fact that w@W sold a million and the COD4 engine was already up and running on Wii.

Yes.. but that was made by Treyarch - a VERY different company than Infinity Ward.. its the reason why WaW was inferior to COD4.

don't even think about it, the differene between 8.5 and 9.0 is minimul.
AdmiralWolverin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 AdmiralWolverin

the fact that w@W sold a million and the COD4 engine was already up and running on Wii.rgame1

whats your point, none of them ever worked on the 360 or PS3 either when it came out? so? theres a first time for everything.

for the record, infinty ward was the one that made the cod4 engine work on wii, the only reason cod4 wasnt on wii was cause they ran out of time there's probably a half finished cod4 for wii out there somewhere but we'll never play it
rgame1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 rgame1

[QUOTE="umcommon"] 1) Are you saying QUALITY, feature packed games aren't possible on Wii? The Conduit and MH3 say otherwise with well done graphics and online modes. Only excuse is lazy devs. Jaysonguy

It has nothing to do with lazy devs

Infinity Ward wants to make a certain game, for that game to go on the Wii it has to be chopped up and watered down.

wtf? of course it has everything to do with lazy devs, if you cannot tell the difference between a lazy devs work and a hard wokring devs work, then.....honestly i give up.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#110 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="rgame1"] the fact that w@W sold a million and the COD4 engine was already up and running on Wii.rgame1

My point is that it's not worth their time

They have the foundation for the best selling platform this generation and they're constantly improving it to take advantage of the hardware available

What sense does it make to stop all of that to work on a less successful platform that will get less sales and require more work?

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts

[QUOTE="EpiphoneMan2008"][QUOTE="AlexSays"]I've been telling everyone this for months. Thank you Infinity Ward. I don't want to see your game stripped down for the Wii.mouthforbathory

It would not be stripped down!

CoD:WaW while fun on the Wii, was stripped down. The game only had 8 players max online, and while the game did have it's shining moments, had the game been rebuilt with a Wii specific version of the Modern Warfare engine, it could've looked better, because alot of the textures in the Wii version look absolutely abysmal, though the game was still fun. It just had the capacity to be much better but it was a simple porting of the code to Wii, and tuning down the graphics, not even rebuilding them to suit the Wii at all. Almost like taking Crysis off a PC with proper a graphics card to run it with high or very high graphics settings and throwing it onto a computer with barely enough GPU horsepower to render it at minimum specs at a decent framerate. Chances are that a Wii version would be a stripped down version and the sheer level of orchestration needed to run MW2 just like MW1 needed would be very difficult to translate to the Wii without losing much of the quality. That's just the CPU I'm talking about, let's not get into the graphics and RAM segment. The cores in the Xenon CPU in the Xbox 360 are not only 4 times the clock speed than the Wii's single core PowerP700 series CPU (3.2 GHz vs 743 MHz) but they have better architecture and there are 3 cores in the Xenon. The Xenon as a whole is at least 12x as powerful not taking into account the multi-threading capabilities and architecture improvements in the improved Power based cores in the Xenon.

Sorry, but you can't compare CPU's that way.

AdmiralWolverin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 AdmiralWolverin

Jaysonguy

They have the foundation for the best selling platform this generation and they're constantly improving it to take advantage of the hardware available

What sense does it make to stop all of that to work on a less successful platform that will get less sales and require more work?

goddamnit, read my post before you go on making stupid claims

INFINITY WARD MADE THE COD 4 ENGINE ON WII

THEY PLANNED TO MAKE COD 4 ON WII AS WELL IN THE FIRST PLACE, BUT THEY RAN OUT OF TIME

also i think a million sales is worth their time

rgame1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 rgame1

[QUOTE="snover2009"]

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]

HVS in no way, shape or form should ever be compared to IW

AsianGammer94

What?

HVS has impressed me way more than IW.

I'm already prefering the Conduit to Modern Warfare 2.

Who in the world would wanna pick the Conduit over Modern Warfare 2.

those who own a wii and know that it is built from the ground up.

rgame1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 rgame1
[QUOTE="lordlors"]i have no respect for devs who don't appreciate the wiiAlexSays
So... like all of them?
but SP FPSs and in that catgeory IW fails. CoD 4 has only what 4 hours of SP. What a sucker for SP gamers.lordlors
And those four hours are recognized by most as some of the best four hours in any FPS. I'm not sure why people think IW can make a 20+ hour game with the amount of detail they put.

wtf all opf them, its only the arrogant ones like epic and IW. Every other dev is doing something on wii with the latest offering from bethesda.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#115 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

Those who own a wii and know that it is built from the ground up.

rgame1

I supported HVS once with Gyrostarr - I'm not making the same mistake again.

AdmiralWolverin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 AdmiralWolverin
[QUOTE="AlexSays"][QUOTE="lordlors"]i have no respect for devs who don't appreciate the wiirgame1
So... like all of them?
but SP FPSs and in that catgeory IW fails. CoD 4 has only what 4 hours of SP. What a sucker for SP gamers.lordlors
And those four hours are recognized by most as some of the best four hours in any FPS. I'm not sure why people think IW can make a 20+ hour game with the amount of detail they put.

wtf all opf them, its only the arrogant ones like epic and IW. Every other dev is doing something on wii with the latest offering from bethesda.

IW arent arrogant and are probably bringing mw2 to wii (why do i even bother, everyone already has their mind set that it's not coming to wii and that IW hates the wii and facts wont change their opinions it seems - especially when you have people like jasonguy who's just talking out his butt without knowing anything to do with what he's talking about)
The_Milton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 The_Milton
Member since 2009 • 28 Posts

that sucks man well thats why I got an x-box I guess when this game comes out, I'll have to dust it off.

umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#118 umcommon
Member since 2007 • 2503 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="rgame1"] whats your point, none of them ever worked on the 360 or PS3 either when it came out? so? theres a first time for everything.AdmiralWolverin

goddamnit, read my post before you go on making stupid claims

INFINITY WARD MADE THE COD 4 ENGINE ON WII

THEY PLANNED TO MAKE COD 4 ON WII AS WELL IN THE FIRST PLACE, BUT THEY RAN OUT OF TIME

also i think a million sales is worth their time

He honestly doesn't care if your right. I on the other hand hope this news is real and look forward to playing Modern Warfare 2 on Wii :D
maverick_41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#119 maverick_41
Member since 2007 • 1195 Posts

this does not surprise me a bit.

JDollaz187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 JDollaz187
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Didn't really expect Modern Warfare 2 to come to the wii. I would much rather have The Conduit for the wii and stick to playing MW2 on my ps3. Besides, I would much rather have exclusive games that are made for the Wii rather then lazy ports of games that will be heavily stripped down. Although, I did not play WaW for the Wii so I'm not sure how that went.
AdmiralWolverin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 AdmiralWolverin
Didn't really expect Modern Warfare 2 to come to the wii. I would much rather have The Conduit for the wii and stick to playing MW2 on my ps3. Besides, I would much rather have exclusive games that are made for the Wii rather then lazy ports of games that will be heavily stripped down. Although, I did not play WaW for the Wii so I'm not sure how that went.JDollaz187
went pretty sweet unless your name was jason guy or you were a graphics whale it was only missing one level (which wasnt even part of the story anyway) and the nazi zombie mode which made many people bitter and obviously the graphics werent quite as good, but the levels, AI and background schematics (like amount of enemies on screen, each enemy having their own ammo count) were the same oh, and the engine made for it was made originally by Infinity Ward which is why it works so well (there's only real slowdown in multiplayer if someone with a bad internet connection hosts the match) but they ran out of time to make cod 4 wii
mouthforbathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 mouthforbathory

[QUOTE="mouthforbathory"]

[QUOTE="EpiphoneMan2008"] It would not be stripped down!loco145

Actually I can, they are both PowerPC based processors. The three cores in the Xenon are all independent and even if they didn't have an improved architecture, just one of those cores automatically has 4 times the theoretical input of the Wii's PPC790CL variant. And their is 3 of those cores in the Xenon, it's simple math. What's funny is there are architecture improvements, not to mention multi-threading capability in the Xenon, 2 threads per core, 6 threads total. That sheer magnitude of power vs what the Wii does makes things difficult for a Wii version of Modern Warfare 2, with all the possible physics, interaction, bullet physics/penetration, AI, basic game orchestration and what not that needs to go down all at the same time.

AdmiralWolverin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 AdmiralWolverin

[QUOTE="loco145"]

mouthforbathory

Actually I can, they are both PowerPC based processors. The three cores in the Xenon are all independent and even if they didn't have an improved architecture, just one of those cores automatically has 4 times the theoretical input of the Wii's PPC790CL variant. And their is 3 of those cores in the Xenon, it's simple math. What's funny is there are architecture improvements, not to mention multi-threading capability in the Xenon, 2 threads per core, 6 threads total. That sheer magnitude of power vs what the Wii does makes things difficult for a Wii version of Modern Warfare 2, with all the possible physics, interaction, bullet physics/penetration, AI, basic game orchestration and what not that needs to go down all at the same time.

http://revoeyes.blogspot.com/2007/07/wii-has-more-power-than-you-think.html

lucifer3999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#124 lucifer3999
Member since 2005 • 2319 Posts
http://gamebattles.com/wii/modern-warfare-2/ coming?
mouthforbathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 mouthforbathory

[QUOTE="loco145"]

AdmiralWolverin

http://revoeyes.blogspot.com/2007/07/wii-has-more-power-than-you-think.html

I've been talking mostly about the Wii's CPU, not the GPU and its graphics capabilities. Get some reading comprehension skill. If you want to get into a graphics discussion we most certainly can :twisted:

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 loco145

mouthforbathory

And since the atom and a conroe are both x86 based procesors the the atom is just 1/2 of a e6850, rgith? :roll:

And you didn't even read the article posted. One of the difference of the Xenon and the Broadway is that the Boradway is Out of Order while the Xenon is restricted to In-order-execution.

mouthforbathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 mouthforbathory

The Xenon may be in order execution, but it's 1 or more likely 2 generational gaps in PowerPC architecture almost like comparing a G3 series to a G5, which means clock per clock one of the Xenon's cores is still going beat the Wii's single core CPU. As far as the Atom goes, it's similar in performance to Netburst architecture from what I hear in terms of performance so it would be about half as powerful as a single Core 2 based CPU but some benchmarks show the Atom being Pentium 4s at the same clock speed pretty handily. Core 2 is about 1.8 times more capable per clock in many benchmarks than Netburst so a Pentium 4 2.0 GHz is about a quarter the capability at the most compared to a Core 2 Duo running at the same clock. What I meant by saying "they are both PowerPC based" I was refering that code could work on either one natively most likely, therefore we can somewhat compare them if we didn't take architectural improvements to account just by using the clock speeds, and 12x is a hefty number.

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 loco145

You keep saying the same. My point is that the Broadway and the xenon are different architectures within the PowerPC and cna't be compared like that... Also, COD:WaW wii had the same numbers of enemies, physics, AI and particles effects than the 360 version. Call of Duty 4 is playable at 30 fps on an Ion.

ANd the main point of the thread is that MW2 is comming for Wii.

Longcat2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#129 Longcat2
Member since 2008 • 924 Posts

Good, I wouldn't get it on the Wii anyway.

ganga_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#130 ganga_
Member since 2007 • 790 Posts
well, it would have been cool, because WaW is the best shooter i've been playing on the wii so far. it was kinda expectable, though. and to all the guys who are always argueing with "play it on the 360/ps3/pc", some people just dont want to spend their whole money for gaming..
MadSavage22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#131 MadSavage22
Member since 2009 • 587 Posts
[QUOTE="AlexSays"]I've been telling everyone this for months. Thank you Infinity Ward. I don't want to see your game stripped down for the Wii.

You know what I fully agree....I hate this crap where developers just think they can "tone down" a game and plaster it on wii and expect it to be any good or sell for that matter. If a developer is going to make a game for the wii make it exclusive and tailor it to wii plz!
freek666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#132 freek666
Member since 2007 • 22312 Posts

Oh geez what a shame /sarcasm.

Even if it was going to be on the Wii I wouldve got it on PC anyway.

Link9n17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#133 Link9n17
Member since 2008 • 1491 Posts
[QUOTE="AlexSays"]I've been telling everyone this for months. Thank you Infinity Ward. I don't want to see your game stripped down for the Wii.MadSavage22
You know what I fully agree....I hate this crap where developers just think they can "tone down" a game and plaster it on wii and expect it to be any good or sell for that matter. If a developer is going to make a game for the wii make it exclusive and tailor it to wii plz!

EXACTLY!!! I didn't like just 6-7 wi-fi levels on WAW and no Nazi Zombies!!! I also didn't like that there is no boot camp challenges, just the gun challenges! They needed to have more to it then what they had
jakehouston88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 jakehouston88
Member since 2009 • 2848 Posts

[QUOTE="snover2009"]

What?

HVS has impressed me way more than IW.

I'm already prefering the Conduit to Modern Warfare 2.

Haziqonfire

:lol: okay.

He gave me a laugh too. :lol:

ShuichiChamp24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 ShuichiChamp24
Member since 2009 • 5014 Posts

You know, i had to check in what forums I was in, for a minute it seemed like I was in system wars. This really is not surprise to me, also it didn't catch my attention much. I wouldn't even have time to play with the conduit coming out.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Jaysonguy

AdmiralWolverin

for the record, infinty ward was the one that made the cod4 engine work on wii, the only reason cod4 wasnt on wii was cause they ran out of time there's probably a half finished cod4 for wii out there somewhere but we'll never play it

Oh sure, they ran out of time for the all important Call of Duty season, man even with the playoffs it's over in a flash

The idea that they wasted the time to make a Wii version from the ground up and then abandoned it completely seems, as the French say, le false.

AdmiralWolverin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 AdmiralWolverin

[QUOTE="AdmiralWolverin"][QUOTE="rgame1"] whats your point, none of them ever worked on the 360 or PS3 either when it came out? so? theres a first time for everything.Jaysonguy

Oh sure, they ran out of time for the all important Call of Duty season, man even with the playoffs it's over in a flash

The idea that they wasted the time to make a Wii version from the ground up and then abandoned it completely seems, as the French say, le false.

ooh, another claim with absolutely no evidence newsflash cod4 wii wouldve been the same as cod waw wii: a port they dont need to make it ground up since they have the engine working on all 3 consoles however due to the fact that the wii is built so differently to the ps3 and 360 (which are built in a similar way to computers), it probably took a fair amount of time to get the engine working but cod waw on wii has the exact same level design, AI and enemy count as the hd versions CAUSE IT'S A PORT i dunno where you got this built from the ground up from
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="AdmiralWolverin"] for the record, infinty ward was the one that made the cod4 engine work on wii, the only reason cod4 wasnt on wii was cause they ran out of time there's probably a half finished cod4 for wii out there somewhere but we'll never play itAdmiralWolverin

ooh, another claim with absolutely no evidence newsflash cod4 wii wouldve been the same as cod waw wii: a port they dont need to make it ground up since they have the engine working on all 3 consoles however due to the fact that the wii is built so differently to the ps3 and 360 (which are built in a similar way to computers), it probably took a fair amount of time to get the engine working but cod waw on wii has the exact same level design, AI and enemy count as the hd versions CAUSE IT'S A PORT i dunno where you got this built from the ground up from

So now you're saying that World at War is the same on all the current consoles?

Well see? There's your problem, it's not

AdmiralWolverin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 AdmiralWolverin
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="AdmiralWolverin"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

no, there's your problem, it is having less people in mulitplayer, missing one powerhouse intense level nazi zombies doesnt mean it was built ground up it just meant that treyarch couldnt be bothered to port these features over as well since it would take more debugging they wanted - they got the main campaign on there, they got 8 players online, for them that's a fair step above the competition
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="AdmiralWolverin"] ooh, another claim with absolutely no evidence newsflash cod4 wii wouldve been the same as cod waw wii: a port they dont need to make it ground up since they have the engine working on all 3 consoles however due to the fact that the wii is built so differently to the ps3 and 360 (which are built in a similar way to computers), it probably took a fair amount of time to get the engine working but cod waw on wii has the exact same level design, AI and enemy count as the hd versions CAUSE IT'S A PORT i dunno where you got this built from the ground up fromAdmiralWolverin

no, there's your problem, it is having less people in mulitplayer, missing one powerhouse intense level nazi zombies doesnt mean it was built ground up it just meant that treyarch couldnt be bothered to port these features over as well since it would take more debugging they wanted - they got the main campaign on there, they got 8 players online, for them that's a fair step above the competition

Not at all, what the heck?

World at War uses a stripped down COD4 engine (which shoots down your "oh they had an engine and it was almost done then at 8 they had to go" argument. Yes Infinity Ward was almost done with the engine but threw it away instead of giving it to Treyarch, sure thing)

The stripped down engine has watered down visuals, AI, and enemy count. The game still dips into the teens for frame rate here and there

You'd be right about the engines being same if you only counted that "They used to be the COD4 engine at some point" except on the Wii it was downgraded and elsewhere it was upgraded.

AdmiralWolverin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 AdmiralWolverin

[QUOTE="AdmiralWolverin"] no, there's your problem, it is having less people in mulitplayer, missing one powerhouse intense level nazi zombies doesnt mean it was built ground up it just meant that treyarch couldnt be bothered to port these features over as well since it would take more debugging they wanted - they got the main campaign on there, they got 8 players online, for them that's a fair step above the competitionJaysonguy

Not at all, what the heck?

World at War uses a stripped down COD4 engine (which shoots down your "oh they had an engine and it was almost done then at 8 they had to go" argument. Yes Infinity Ward was almost done with the engine but threw it away instead of giving it to Treyarch, sure thing)

The stripped down engine has watered down visuals, AI, and enemy count. The game still dips into the teens for frame rate here and there

You'd be right about the engines being same if you only counted that "They used to be the COD4 engine at some point" except on the Wii it was downgraded and elsewhere it was upgraded.

ill admit, there are slight differences in the engines ie. the wii one doesnt incorporate the same lighting and doesnt have proprietory fire, but it has most everything else it still calculates bullet paths through solid objects even if the graphics dont render this, it has the same enemy count and it has the same AI and i never said Infinity Ward threw away the engine, they did give it to treyarch - that's why treyarch was able to make cod waw on wii do you really think otherwise they would have had time to make practically the whole of the game on wii as they made on ps360 if they also had to get the engine on wii themselves? But the wii is not as powerful as the other consoles (duh) so obviously they ran into a few problems through porting, ie they could only get 4 people online without major slowdown/lag same goes for the missing level, that level was pretty hardware intense and irrelevant to the story same again for nazi zombies, that would take a lot of coding to get onto less powerful console cause yes, the wii's not as powerful, but the engine works fine on it, however if the engine is pushed too hard then you get slowdown and crashes hence why what was cut was cut but like i say, the only real difference in the engine was the lighting, things like bump mapping and shadows (basically the graphics)
derk4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#143 derk4
Member since 2009 • 79 Posts

It's stupid that CoD 5 was made for Wii and if they wanted a ton of good sales they would sell modern warfare 2 for Wii. I've heard that the people who make Modern warfare don't like the Wii system. What's their problem? Oh well, this is just more reason they should still make world war 2 games, since those are the only ones they make for Wii...

AdmiralWolverin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 AdmiralWolverin

It's stupid that CoD 5 was made for Wii and if they wanted a ton of good sales they would sell modern warfare 2 for Wii. I've heard that the people who make Modern warfare don't like the Wii system. What's their problem? Oh well, this is just more reason they should still make world war 2 games, since those are the only ones they make for Wii...

derk4
not true, infinity ward are indifferent to wii and there's still a chance of mw2 on wii, i posted a link a few pages ago just have patience until e3's over thne we'll know for sure either way, but it hasnt been confirmed yet
triheadshots69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 triheadshots69
Member since 2009 • 41 Posts

http://gamebattles.com/wii/modern-warfare-2/ coming?lucifer3999

Has anyone saw this link it says that it will be on the wii so theres still hope that there might be a wii version

AdmiralWolverin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 AdmiralWolverin

[QUOTE="lucifer3999"]http://gamebattles.com/wii/modern-warfare-2/ coming?triheadshots69

Has anyone saw this link it says that it will be on the wii so theres still hope that there might be a wii version

yes, read previous posts, ive posted a combined total of 3 independent sources who claim it's coming but nintendo want to announce it also, game battles proves no more than the placeholder page on ign