confirmed, modern warfare not coming to the wii.

• 146 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#51 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="umcommon"] Besides graphics dude, what else would have to be watered down....really? Online is no excuse either, because Wii can have the same online experience if given equal effort.umcommon

Physics and AI for two

The Wii just doesn't have the horsepower

wwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaatttttttteeeeeevvvvvvveeeeeeeerrrr Why did you even get a Wii if you don't think that it can run a quality gaming experience?

So you're not aware of the Wii's power? You think it can run the same software "others" do?

-John_Connor-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 -John_Connor-
Member since 2008 • 214 Posts

Guys....settle down. You're getting all worked up over nothing. There is nothing to debate. The Wii can't handle what Infinity Ward wants their games to look, play and sound like. If Infinity Ward tells Activision that they can't do the game for Wii then that should be the end of it right there. If you really want Modern Warfare 2 badly, then you know what you have to do. There's no point in arguing over tech specs because everyone conceded years ago that the Wii is almost a generation behind. Still a great console, but it just does not suit graphic, sound and physics heavy FPS games.

umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#53 umcommon
Member since 2007 • 2503 Posts

[QUOTE="umcommon"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Physics and AI for two

Jaysonguy

wwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaatttttttteeeeeevvvvvvveeeeeeeerrrr Why did you even get a Wii if you don't think that it can run a quality gaming experience?

So you're not aware of the Wii's power? You think it can run the same software "others" do?

Everyone knows the Wii is only a bit more powerful the the GC and Xbox. The only point I'm trying to make is despite Wii' s limitations it can still deliver fairly technically proficient games, Nintendo itself has already shown us that numerous times. Plus the Wii-remote is one of a kind (at least for now) so why not take advantage of that?
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#54 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

It was only inferior in the eyes of Infinity Ward fanboys that game was every bit as good as Modern Warfare, especially since they were like all COD games, essentially the same, minus a change in scenery.

Sepewrath

I thought it was inferior because of the campaign - it was still enjoyable but I liked COD4's better.

I wasn't big on the multiplayer much so I don't know it was really better or not, I didn't play COD4's MP often enough.

Avatar image for AdmiralWolverin
AdmiralWolverin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 AdmiralWolverin
Member since 2009 • 479 Posts
apparently i need to explain my links http://www.gonintendo.com/?p=83676 they think it's still coming
loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts
The Game is coming for Wii. Is just not made by IW. (like the DS version, is confirmed but not made by IW).
loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 loco145

It has nothing to do with lazy devs

Infinity Ward wants to make a certain game, for that game to go on the Wii it has to be chopped up and watered down.

Jaysonguy

Besides graphics dude, what else would have to be watered down....really? Online is no excuse either, because Wii can have the same online experience if given equal effort.

Physics and AI for two

If the last to CoDs are sometting we can go by, the physics and specially the AI is not one of CoDs strong points. WaW alreayd proven that the wii can handle a decent port.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Thunderdrone
Member since 2009 • 7154 Posts
It IS coming to the Wii
loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 loco145

[QUOTE="AlexSays"][QUOTE="snover2009"]The only thing required is a slight (emphasis on the world slight) graphical downgrade to run on Wii.Jaysonguy

Yeah I don't know what they're talking about. The differences would hardly be noticeable!

Totally

It's not the physics would take a hit

Remember, it's only how things look that's different on the Wii, nothing else

The physics only took a mild hit in the WaW wii version.

AdmiralWolverin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 AdmiralWolverin

wwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaatttttttteeeeeevvvvvvveeeeeeeerrrr Why did you even get a Wii if you don't think that it can run a quality gaming experience?umcommon

Everyone knows the Wii is only a bit more powerful the the GC and Xbox. The only point I'm trying to make is despite Wii' s limitations it can still deliver fairly technically proficient games, Nintendo itself has already shown us that numerous times. Plus the Wii-remote is one of a kind (at least for now) so why not take advantage of that?

no, everyone thinks this cause iwata said it's more than twice as powerful as a gc so everyone assumed it's twice as powerful as a gc not true, read this http://revoeyes.blogspot.com/2007/07/wii-has-more-power-than-you-think.html plus the fact that the cod 4 engine with little to no slowdown and still fairly decent graphics is proof that the wii is significantly more powerful than the last gen anyways, modern warefare 2 might still be coming to wii http://www.gonintendo.com/?p=83676
Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#61 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

Darnit!!!!

I was kinda hoping it would come (which it still could), but oh well. I still haven't picked up COD:WaW or MoH:H2 lol. I'm waiting for the right price.

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 loco145

I don't want to see your game stripped down for the Wii.AlexSays
I don't want to see it stripped down for the 360/Ps3. but what we can do about it? Is comming to the 360/Ps3 and the wii.

AdmiralWolverin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 AdmiralWolverin
[QUOTE="danger_ranger95"]

Darnit!!!!

I was kinda hoping it would come (which it still could), but oh well. I still haven't picked up COD:WaW or MoH:H2 lol. I'm waiting for the right price.

dang it! i swear this is the last time ill post this and afterwards ill just laugh and say i told you so if it comes (no, that's not what she said) http://www.gonintendo.com/?p=83676 IT MIGHT STILL BE COMING, THEY'RE PRETTY CONVINCED IT IS FOR A REASONABLE REASON "Our friends at Revogamers tell us that Wii owners needn't worry. They say that a version is coming, even though Activision hasn't confirmed it yet. They cannot reveal their sources, but I definitely trust what these guys have to say. They got in touch with me personally to discuss the matter, and I know they wouldn't stick their neck out on the line without good reason." (http://www.revogamers.net/noticias-3722-Modern-Warfare-2-al-descubierto.html)
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#64 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

It is called multiple console owning, some should try it. It really helps calm down these debates. Every piece of technology has a price. It's called looking ahead into the future and saving up. none of us are "rich kid," yet we still managed to have more than one system, AMAZING. Is it the price that really bothers you or is it that you "refuse" to pay X amount for a system? All the systems are within an acceptable price for what they offer. Some could be cheaper but nonetheless it is fair.

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 loco145
I refuse to play MW2 with Dual analog controls, what about that?
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#66 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
[QUOTE="umcommon"]1) Are you saying QUALITY, feature packed games aren't possible on Wii? The Conduit and MH3 say otherwise with well done graphics and online modes. Only excuse is lazy devs. 2) Maybe some people can't afford another console (console + accessories + games), all that stuff adds up. Or in my case I just prefer using the Wii-remote for FPS games.

I'm saying that IW much like Tecmo is only interested in making games for the more powerful consoles; Treyarch on the other hand did a blatant cash-grab with W@W altogether, much less its Wii port. Also, as good as the Wii is on some stuff, it just doesn't have the raw processing power like the 360 and ps3 do. And even though I'm not some spoiled brat rich kid, I too was able to finally afford to buy all the current-gen consoles; and it really is the best way to go.
x8VXU6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#67 x8VXU6
Member since 2008 • 3411 Posts

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]

[QUOTE="snover2009"]

If High Voltage Software can make a quality Wii title, I seriously doubt that Infinity Ward is incapable of figuring Wii out as well.

snover2009

HVS in no way, shape or form should ever be compared to IW

What?

HVS has impressed me way more than IW.

I'm already prefering the Conduit to Modern Warfare 2.

if u think condiut is going be better than MW2 u never even seen CoD4 gameplay

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 loco145

I'm saying that IW much like Tecmo is only interested in making games for the more powerful consoles.codezer0
They have the 360 as the lead SKu because it sold more than 10 millions copies there. If they were interested in making the best game possible it would be PC exclusive. And WaW was a good game.

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 lordlors
Member since 2004 • 6128 Posts
i have no respect for devs who don't appreciate the wii like Epic Games, IW, etc. Besides i am not into Multiplayer FPSs but SP FPSs and in that catgeory IW fails. CoD 4 has only what 4 hours of SP. What a sucker for SP gamers.
AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 AlexSays
Member since 2008 • 6612 Posts
i have no respect for devs who don't appreciate the wiilordlors
So... like all of them?
but SP FPSs and in that catgeory IW fails. CoD 4 has only what 4 hours of SP. What a sucker for SP gamers.lordlors
And those four hours are recognized by most as some of the best four hours in any FPS. I'm not sure why people think IW can make a 20+ hour game with the amount of detail they put.
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 codezer0
i have no respect for devs who don't appreciate the wii like Epic Games, IW, etc. Besides i am not into Multiplayer FPSs but SP FPSs and in that catgeory IW fails. CoD 4 has only what 4 hours of SP. What a sucker for SP gamers.lordlors
So basically you hate everyone that actually wants to push the technological envelope. CoD4 also had one of the best (quality) campaign moments in SP FPS history, and you diss it because it's not on the Wii. That only goes to show the length of your maturity. The only thing that partially agrees with you is that I would like to see Epic do something for the Wii... but it's not like I'm going to boycott them if they don't.
Pesantez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Pesantez
Member since 2008 • 773 Posts

If it comes to the Wii i'd be shocked beyond anything. If not oh well, and i think everyone should just feel the same way.

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 loco145

[QUOTE="lordlors"]i have no respect for devs who don't appreciate the wii like Epic Games, IW, etc. Besides i am not into Multiplayer FPSs but SP FPSs and in that catgeory IW fails. CoD 4 has only what 4 hours of SP. What a sucker for SP gamers.codezer0
So basically you hate everyone that actually wants to push the technological envelope.

Too bad that IW isn't pushing the technology envelope....

finesse-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 finesse-gamer
Member since 2009 • 946 Posts

Meh, I don't care. Infinity Ward dosen't like the Wii anyway.nintendoboy16

where do people get this notion? just sounds like DC to me.

snover2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#75 snover2009
Member since 2008 • 1730 Posts

[QUOTE="snover2009"]

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]

HVS in no way, shape or form should ever be compared to IW

x8VXU6

What?

I have completed COD4 Modern Warfare, twice in fact.

They need to bring something very impressive to go through the sequal.

So, I know what the Conduit is up against, a solid modern times shooter.

The only FPS I don't expect the Conduit will surpass is the best one ever made, Half-Life 2.

Avatar image for 228623477423185005978085524869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 228623477423185005978085524869
Member since 2009 • 604 Posts

i don't think the conduit needs to be put up against FPS' on other consoles. great FPS games can coexist, guys. halo can be the best FPS on the 360 while the conduit can be the best FPS on the wii, without any need of comparison between them.

AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 AlexSays
Member since 2008 • 6612 Posts
The only FPS I don't expect the Conduit will surpass is the best one ever made, Half-Life 2.snover2009
I'm pretty sure everyone here thinks the same way. If The Conduit doesn't win GOTY across all platforms I'll be SHOCKED.
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 danger_ranger95

[QUOTE="x8VXU6"]

[QUOTE="snover2009"]

What?

snover2009

I have completed COD4 Modern Warfare, twice in fact.

They need to bring something very impressive to go through the sequal.

So, I know what the Conduit is up against, a solid modern times shooter.

The only FPS I don't expect the Conduit will surpass is the best one ever made, Half-Life 2.

lol you're expectations, are rather large my friend. There's alot of good FPS out there. Never played HL2 so I have no idea about that.

I think it will come though

danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 danger_ranger95

i don't think the conduit needs to be put up against FPS' on other consoles. great FPS games can coexist, guys. halo can be the best FPS on the 360 while the conduit can be the best FPS on the wii, without any need of comparison between them.

dan_the_menace

agreed. They controll completely different. If anything. PS3/360 games should be compared, while Wii/PC games should be compared respectively. They're just different.

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 psychobrew
Member since 2008 • 8888 Posts

Darnit!!!!

What, free? MoH:H2 has been on sale for $20 at times (it generally sticks around $30). If you don't get it soon, it will be gone (if it's not already).
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 danger_ranger95

Darnit!!!!

psychobrew

What, free? MoH:H2 has been on sale for $20 at times (it generally sticks around $30). If you don't get it soon, it will be gone (if it's not already).

Oh, I know MOH has been for awhile...I would like to get them at the same time though (saves me a trip). I guess I was mostly referring to CoD. It was used and it was still around $45. I thought that was ridiculous.

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 psychobrew

It is called multiple console owning, some should try it. It really helps calm down these debates. Every piece of technology has a price. It's called looking ahead into the future and saving up. none of us are "rich kid," yet we still managed to have more than one system, AMAZING. Is it the price that really bothers you or is it that you "refuse" to pay X amount for a system? All the systems are within an acceptable price for what they offer. Some could be cheaper but nonetheless it is fair.

gamenerd15
Why would you want to play an FPS on another console? FPSs are painfull on dual analog. Perhaps the PC version, but there are too many other games I'd rather play on the PC. The bottom line is, IW isn't a very smart company if they don't want the million plus sales from a Wii version. No big loss if it doesn't happen though. MW1 was basically an online shooter, and nothing compares to Battlefield for online shooters. Modern war FPSs are becoming stale anyway. Bring on The Conduit!!!
psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 psychobrew
[QUOTE="lordlors"]i have no respect for devs who don't appreciate the wiiAlexSays
So... like all of them?
but SP FPSs and in that catgeory IW fails. CoD 4 has only what 4 hours of SP. What a sucker for SP gamers.lordlors
And those four hours are recognized by most as some of the best four hours in any FPS. I'm not sure why people think IW can make a 20+ hour game with the amount of detail they put.

After those 4 hours are over, all you have left is an inferior online multiplayer. Overall, not worth $60.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#84 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="AlexSays"][QUOTE="lordlors"]i have no respect for devs who don't appreciate the wiipsychobrew
So... like all of them?

After those 4 hours are over, all you have left is an inferior online multiplayer. Overall, not worth $60.

Who's called it inferior?

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 psychobrew

Who's called it inferior?

Jaysonguy

If you've ever played Battlefield (or even Star Wars Battlefront) on the PC, it would be obvious.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#86 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
Never once expected MW2 to come for the wii anyway.
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#87 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
Oh well. I'd rather play The Conduit than a half assed port.
awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#88 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

Pretty lame. I never played the Wii ones, and I dislike the franchise.

However, a ton of people wanted it to come to the Wii.

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 lordlors
Member since 2004 • 6128 Posts

[QUOTE="lordlors"]i have no respect for devs who don't appreciate the wii like Epic Games, IW, etc. Besides i am not into Multiplayer FPSs but SP FPSs and in that catgeory IW fails. CoD 4 has only what 4 hours of SP. What a sucker for SP gamers.codezer0
So basically you hate everyone that actually wants to push the technological envelope. CoD4 also had one of the best (quality) campaign moments in SP FPS history, and you diss it because it's not on the Wii. That only goes to show the length of your maturity. The only thing that partially agrees with you is that I would like to see Epic do something for the Wii... but it's not like I'm going to boycott them if they don't.

Basically, i dislike devs who only see technology and graphics as the only way for improvement in video games. Look at Valve, they won't make a wii game but they appreciate the wii.

I would also like to add i did play CoD 4 on my gaming PC which is stronger than the teh other consoles in terms of hardware. CoD4 SP was great but it was only 4 hours and not worthy for more than $30. I mean just look at Crysis. Now that's what you call great FPS SP.

boba707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#90 boba707
Member since 2007 • 1021 Posts

[QUOTE="gamenerd15"]

psychobrew

Why would you want to play an FPS on another console? FPSs are painfull on dual analog. Perhaps the PC version, but there are too many other games I'd rather play on the PC. The bottom line is, IW isn't a very smart company if they don't want the million plus sales from a Wii version. No big loss if it doesn't happen though. MW1 was basically an online shooter, and nothing compares to Battlefield for online shooters. Modern war FPSs are becoming stale anyway. Bring on The Conduit!!!

you made me lol, conduit is modern, i guess its sci-fi though

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#91 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts

Why am I not surprised? This game wasn't made for the Wii. I'll just stick to World at War and maybe move onto The Conduit if it scores well.

umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 umcommon
Member since 2007 • 2503 Posts

Darnit!!!!

AdmiralWolverin

dang it! i swear this is the last time ill post this and afterwards ill just laugh and say i told you so if it comes (no, that's not what she said) http://www.gonintendo.com/?p=83676 IT MIGHT STILL BE COMING, THEY'RE PRETTY CONVINCED IT IS FOR A REASONABLE REASON "Our friends at Revogamers tell us that Wii owners needn't worry. They say that a version is coming, even though Activision hasn't confirmed it yet. They cannot reveal their sources, but I definitely trust what these guys have to say. They got in touch with me personally to discuss the matter, and I know they wouldn't stick their neck out on the line without good reason." (http://www.revogamers.net/noticias-3722-Modern-Warfare-2-al-descubierto.html)

There linked, I hope that source is reliable.

kinger256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 kinger256
Member since 2005 • 1770 Posts

What? How Exactly is it stripped down for the PS3/Xbox360 versions? [QUOTE="loco145"]The physics only took a mild hit in the WaW wii version.loco145
The online, however, took a huge hit.
I refuse to play MW2 with Dual analog controls, what about that?loco145
Then stop playing FPS's on consoles. There is a lack of FPS support on the Wii and most 360/PS3 FPS are played using dual analog. Buy a PC
]Too bad that IW isn't pushing the technology envelope....loco145
What???? Have you ever played COD4 on the 360/PS3? With you comment about dual analog, you probably didn't

kinger256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 kinger256

Darnit!!!!

AdmiralWolverin

Relax. It's still is a rumor and even if it becomes true most companies that port games only have a limited time to do it and the finished product usually lacks quality regardless if its possible to mimic the 360/Ps3 versions of the game to the Wii with only a small graphical changes

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 loco145

What? How Exactly is it stripped down for the PS3/Xbox360 versions?

kinger256

The PC version is the one getting stripped down thanks to the console versions. 2007 Middle end hardware murdered CoD4 PC performance wise. 2 years later we are getting a game that can't improve much technically since its still developed for middle end 2005 hardware (the 360).

The online, however, took a huge hit. kinger256

Most of which should be blamed to the lack of resources given by activision (time and/or money). And not lack of power from the Wii part.

Then stop playing FPS's on consoles. There is a lack of FPS support on the Wii and most 360/PS3 FPS are played using dual analog. Buy a PC kinger256

The few wii ones are enjoyable. Plus I do own a very good PC. I played CoD4 and WaW Beta (bought the wii version) there.

What???? Have you ever played COD4 on the 360/PS3?kinger256
The 360/Ps3 are 4 yealr old mid-end hardware. High end machine they are not. If IW really cared that much about power MW2 would be PC exclusive like Crysis or Stalker:CS. Or at least the main plataform. But they care more about the 10+ million sales they got on the 360.

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 psychobrew

Then stop playing FPS's on consoles. There is a lack of FPS support on the Wii and most 360/PS3 FPS are played using dual analog. Buy a PC kinger256

The point is many of us would like to play a decent FPS on a console with decent FPS controls. There is a lack of FPS support on the Wii, and many of us would like that to change.

[QUOTE="loco145"]]Too bad that IW isn't pushing the technology envelope....kinger256
What???? Have you ever played COD4 on the 360/PS3? With you comment about dual analog, you probably didn't

The argument you guys make about IW excluding MW2 on the Wii because they want to produce the best game possible is ridiculous. If they really wanted to produce the best game possible, you'd only find it available on the PC.Instead, they make itfor two consoles with second rate graphics and second rate power. If IW were pushing the technology envelope, no console would be able to run it.

If you want a real example of a game that actually pushed the envelope, look at Crysis. That game is almost 2 years old and no console can play it. IW is full of crap.

kinger256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 kinger256

The PC version is the one getting stripped down thanks to the console versions.loco145

That would only happen if the PC was the base platform for the game, which it wasn't http://www.lazygamer.co.za/xbox-360/call-of-duty-4-better-on-the-ps3

Most of which should be blamed to the lack of resources given by activision (time and/or moneY). And not lack of power from the Wii part.loco145

I'm not a genius in net code configurations but, I am aware that all Wii games lack in the Online compartment in all genres compared to the Xbox360/PS3 counterparts, and by what your saying, all developers, including nintendo, lack the money and time, which definatly isn't the case. WIth that said, I am pretty sure that their is something else holding back the Wii's online mulitplayer, whether it be with the console power or how the console's online was configuered to.

The few wii ones are enjoyable. Plus I do own a very good PC. I played CoD4 there and WaW Beta (bought the wii version) there.loco145

Then why are you trying to argue that Wii should have MW2, while you can a perfectly play the game on the PC?

The 360/Ps3 are 4 yealr old mid-end hardware. High end machine they are not. If IW really cared that much about power MW2 would be PC exclusive like Crysis or Stalker:CS. Or at least the main platform. But they care more about the 10+ million sales they got on the 360.

loco145

"technology envelope" does not always mean technically graphics. If IW wanted to make a Power-horse graphics game like Crysis, in all likelihood they would, however, they chose to puch the technology envelope by introducing an intense fast paced multilayer game and make a game based on a today rather then the overused WW2 theme. If I had a choice between COD4 or Crysis, I would easily choose Cod4

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 loco145

That would only happen if the PC was the base platform for the game, which it wasn't http://www.lazygamer.co.za/xbox-360/call-of-duty-4-better-on-the-ps3

kinger256

Huh? That answer makes no sense. WF did you included a link to that crappy blog?

I'm not a genius in net code configurations but, I am aware that all Wii games lack in the Online compartment in all genres compared to the Xbox360/PS3 counterparts, and by what your saying, all developers, including nintendo, lack the money and time, which definatly isn't the case. WIth that said, I am pretty sure that their is something else holding back the Wii's online mulitplayer, whether it be with the console power or how the console's online was configuered to.

kinger256

Oh, and here I thought you were talking about the lack of modes in the WaW wii version but instead is the generic "Wii online suka" stuff. Anyway, the Wii can do lobby systems, matchmaking, leader boards, expectator mode, tournaments, dedicated host or P2P hosting, voice chat, etc.

Then why are you trying to argue that Wii should have MW2, while you can a perfectly play the game on the PC?

kinger256

Because I enjoy playing FPS with the wii-mote from my couch. I found that playing WaW on the wii is a more relaxed experience than playing CoD4 on the PC. But I do enjoy both. If the game is a good improvement over CoD4 i will buy both versions.

"technology envelope" does not always mean technically graphics. If IW wanted to make a Power-horse graphics game like Crysis, in all likelihood they would, however, they chose to puch the technology envelope by introducing an intense fast paced multilayer game and make a game based on a today rather then the overused WW2 theme. If I had a choice between COD4 or Crysis, I would easily choose Cod4

kinger256

That has nothing to do with the technological envelop. And specially, Is nothing that can't be achieved on the wii. Unless you wanna argue that for some reason the wii can only render WWII fpses. And your conclusion makes no sense, since Crysis has nothing to do with the WW2 theme and has far more gameplay innovations than CoD4 in single player.

codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 codezer0

Basically, i dislike devs who only see technology and graphics as the only way for improvement in video games. Look at Valve, they won't make a wii game but they appreciate the wii.

I would also like to add i did play CoD 4 on my gaming PC which is stronger than the teh other consoles in terms of hardware. CoD4 SP was great but it was only 4 hours and not worthy for more than $30. I mean just look at Crysis. Now that's what you call great FPS SP.

lordlors
the mere fact that you put Crysis and quality in the same sentence proves you're a troll. Crysis has nothing to redeem itself besides a computer-killing graphics system that only appeals to veggie fetishists bordering on the kind of thing you'd probably see used as porn material for those few sickos out there that want to have sex with food or something. And even then it doesn't do it as well as pc fanboys would have everyone believe. CoD4 at least had some damned meat to its game mechanic which is far more than I can say for t3h crysis.
psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 psychobrew

the mere fact that you put Crysis and quality in the same sentence proves you're a troll. Crysis has nothing to redeem itself besides a computer-killing graphics system that only appeals to veggie fetishists bordering on the kind of thing you'd probably see used as porn material for those few sickos out there that want to have sex with food or something. And even then it doesn't do it as well as pc fanboys would have everyone believe. CoD4 at least had some damned meat to its game mechanic which is far more than I can say for t3h crysis.codezer0

LOL. You can't be serious.