confirmed, modern warfare not coming to the wii.

• 146 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rgame1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 rgame1
Member since 2008 • 2526 Posts

i had a look at this website

Link

look at the bottom, no wii sign.

don't know who to blame. Infinity ward for being idiots or nintendo for not sending out reps to IW offices to persuade them to put it on wii for some cash.

:(

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12141 Posts

I expected this, I would have got it on the 360 regardless.

bc1391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 bc1391
Member since 2004 • 11906 Posts

Infinity Ward only focuses in the more powerful consoles. It was obvious that it wasn't going on the Wii.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

How is it that everyone didn't already know this?

Infinity Ward made COD4 which wasn't for the Wii so they didn't know how to use the hardware, so what exactly pointed to it being on the Wii now?

TheSmitto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 TheSmitto
Member since 2008 • 1898 Posts

Yeah, never had my hopes up anyway. We've still got plenty of games coming at us this year.

rgame1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rgame1
Member since 2008 • 2526 Posts

Infinity Ward made COD4 which wasn't for the Wii so they didn't know how to use the hardware, so what exactly pointed to it being on the Wii now?

Jaysonguy
the fact that w@W sold a million and the COD4 engine was already up and running on Wii.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

rgame1

the fact that w@W sold a million and the COD4 engine was already up and running on Wii.

You're aware that Infinity Ward has never worked on the Wii at all right?

AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AlexSays
Member since 2008 • 6612 Posts
I've been telling everyone this for months. Thank you Infinity Ward. I don't want to see your game stripped down for the Wii.
MangaPicture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MangaPicture
Member since 2006 • 764 Posts

Look at the bottom, ... no DS sign either, although it's coming. Wii version might still be coming too, but by outsourced developers.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#10 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

rgame1

Yes.. but that was made by Treyarch - a VERY different company than Infinity Ward.. its the reason why WaW was inferior to COD4.

token08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 token08
Member since 2004 • 787 Posts

It is NOT confirmed that Modern Warfare 2 is not coming to the Wii. In fact, there is a new rumor from a trustworthy source that it IS coming to the Wii.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=83676#respond

Gammit10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 119

User Lists: 2

#12 Gammit10
Member since 2004 • 2397 Posts
Even if it DOES become 100% confirmed, I'd rather have them not bother than make a half-a**ed attempt (which is what many Wii ports become).
AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AlexSays

If it's not on Infinity Ward's site then Infinity Ward isn't making it. Everyone should know that by now though...

And since Inifinity Ward isn't making it, it'll be a far inferior port, so I'll just buy the real one for another console.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#14 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41561 Posts
Meh, I don't care. Infinity Ward dosen't like the Wii anyway.
Avatar image for 228623477423185005978085524869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 228623477423185005978085524869
Member since 2009 • 604 Posts

i'm not even slightly disappointed. everyone already knew this. this game is being developed by infinity ward. only CoD games developed by treyarch are gonna get a port to the wii. expect the next game of the franchise to get a wii version.

snover2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 snover2009
Member since 2008 • 1730 Posts

[QUOTE="rgame1"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Jaysonguy

If High Voltage Software can make a quality Wii title, I seriously doubt that Infinity Ward is incapable of figuring Wii out as well.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 haziqonfire

If High Voltage Software can make a quality Wii title, I seriously doubt that Infinity Ward is incapable of figuring Wii out as well.

snover2009

HVS in no way, shape or form should ever be compared to IW - IW could make a great Wii game, but why would they? They've already sold a hell of a lot of copies of COD4:MW on other consoles, that there really isn't any need of a Wii version. MW2 is also bound to sell almost the same amount.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="rgame1"] the fact that w@W sold a million and the COD4 engine was already up and running on Wii.snover2009

High Voltage can't make a good game, they've made nothing but poor to average games this generation

Infinity Ward has made stellar games this generation, why would they undertake the project of working on unknown hardware when they have three platforms they're comfortable with?

snover2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 snover2009

[QUOTE="snover2009"]

Haziqonfire

HVS in no way, shape or form should ever be compared to IW

What?

HVS has impressed me way more than IW.

I'm already prefering the Conduit to Modern Warfare 2.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 haziqonfire

What?

snover2009

:lol: okay.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]

[QUOTE="snover2009"]

snover2009

What?

Sure thing

Well actually I see the problem, Infinity Ward is making a game called "Modern" Warfare while High Voltage is trying to use everything that's been done before so you like the oldies and that's what High Voltage gives. No harm in that.

I like to catch a B&W Marx flick every once and a while too

snover2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 snover2009

[QUOTE="snover2009"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Jaysonguy

High Voltage can't make a good game, they've made nothing but poor to average games this generation

Infinity Ward has made stellar games this generation, why would they undertake the project of working on unknown hardware when they have three platforms they're comfortable with?

HV can't make a good game? The Conduit is going to change that.

Avatar image for EpiphoneMan2008
EpiphoneMan2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 EpiphoneMan2008
Member since 2009 • 7169 Posts
[QUOTE="AlexSays"]I've been telling everyone this for months. Thank you Infinity Ward. I don't want to see your game stripped down for the Wii.

It would not be stripped down!
snipe12388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 snipe12388
Member since 2008 • 442 Posts
Great if it is, but it's not the apocalypse if we don't. Why are people always so focused on the negative? We have Red Steel 2, Conduit, RE DC, and so many other EXCLUSIVES, to look forward to. Do people really want another half assed port? No version > Incomplete version.
snover2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 snover2009

[QUOTE="snover2009"]

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]

Jaysonguy

What?

Sure thing

Well actually I see the problem, Infinity Ward is making a game called "Modern" Warfare while High Voltage is trying to use everything that's been done before so you like the oldies and that's what High Voltage gives. No harm in that.

I like to catch a B&W Marx flick every once and a while too

There is NOTHING OLD about what HVS is doing.

"Modern" simply means that COD is taking place in modern times, other than that everything had already been done in earlier and much better games.

If IW wanted to do something that really wanted me to play then they would have to do something like this:

"Hitler has been resurected from the dead and is now trying to conquer the world. The year is 21** or something or other and you need to use advanced weaponry to combat Hitler's army of undead soldiers or supernatural monsters or something that they can get to work right."

Now that would be a game from IW that I would actually be interested in playing.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="AlexSays"]I've been telling everyone this for months. Thank you Infinity Ward. I don't want to see your game stripped down for the Wii.EpiphoneMan2008

It would have to be, the Wii just doesn't have the power to do everything they want to do in "other places"

Not only that but it would also be shipped out to be developed somewhere else, who knows how that would turn out

snover2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 snover2009

[QUOTE="EpiphoneMan2008"][QUOTE="AlexSays"]I've been telling everyone this for months. Thank you Infinity Ward. I don't want to see your game stripped down for the Wii.Jaysonguy

It would have to be, the Wii just doesn't have the power to do everything they want to do in "other places"

Not only that but it would also be shipped out to be developed somewhere else, who knows how that would turn out

I am really getting tired of people always saying, "games need to be stripped down for Wii"

NO!!!!!!

The only thing required is a slight (emphasis on the world slight) graphical downgrade to run on Wii.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 haziqonfire

I am really getting tired of people always saying, "games need to be stripped down for Wii"

NO!!!!!!

The only thing required is a slight (emphasis on the world slight) graphical downgrade to run on Wii.

snover2009

Its more than just a slight graphical downgrade - why would I want a game that wasn't built for that console? Its like me saying I want Assassin's Creed on the Wii even though I know it would be crap on the Wii.

AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 AlexSays
The only thing required is a slight (emphasis on the world slight) graphical downgrade to run on Wii.snover2009
Yeah I don't know what they're talking about. The differences would hardly be noticeable!
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="snover2009"]The only thing required is a slight (emphasis on the world slight) graphical downgrade to run on Wii.AlexSays
Yeah I don't know what they're talking about. The differences would hardly be noticeable!

Totally

It's not the physics would take a hit

Remember, it's only how things look that's different on the Wii, nothing else

AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 AlexSays

[QUOTE="AlexSays"][QUOTE="snover2009"]The only thing required is a slight (emphasis on the world slight) graphical downgrade to run on Wii.Jaysonguy

Totally

Hey how'd that Dead Rising game turn out on the Wii?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="AlexSays"] Yeah I don't know what they're talking about. The differences would hardly be noticeable!AlexSays

Totally

Hey how'd that Dead Rising game turn out on the Wii?

Didn't you hear?

Just looks different, barely noticeable really.

You'd have to squint

codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#33 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
Um... **** duh, dude. Also, IW is about making quality with Modern Warfare. Do you realize how far they would have to gimp the game to put it on the Wii? Stop being cheap and buy one of the other consoles if you want it so bad.
Avatar image for 228623477423185005978085524869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 228623477423185005978085524869
Member since 2009 • 604 Posts

jaysonguy and alexsays. the gems of gamespot forums.

anyways, i don't care about any underwhelming CoD port. i only have a wii, and i'm much more interested in games built from the ground up for it. a certain insanely hyped game from a rising developer and published by sega comes to mind.

umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 umcommon
Member since 2007 • 2503 Posts

[QUOTE="rgame1"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Haziqonfire

Yes.. but that was made by Treyarch - a VERY different company than Infinity Ward.. its the reason why WaW was inferior to COD4.

Only reason that WaW was inferior to COD:4 is because WaW was yet another WW2 rehash, the game wasn't inferior by design it was inferior because of the lack of original idea. Whatever IW and Activision missed out big time.
umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 umcommon
[QUOTE="codezer0"]Um... **** duh, dude. Also, IW is about making quality with Modern Warfare. Do you realize how far they would have to gimp the game to put it on the Wii? Stop being cheap and buy one of the other consoles if you want it so bad.

1) Are you saying QUALITY, feature packed games aren't possible on Wii? The Conduit and MH3 say otherwise with well done graphics and online modes. Only excuse is lazy devs. 2) Maybe some people can't afford another console (console + accessories + games), all that stuff adds up. Or in my case I just prefer using the Wii-remote for FPS games.
TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TaMuK711
Member since 2009 • 3367 Posts

Eh, not a big loss. I would rather get a game from someone who is building specifically for a Wii, as opposed to someone who is just trying to cram a square peg into a round hole in order to make some $$$

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Jaysonguy

1) Are you saying QUALITY, feature packed games aren't possible on Wii? The Conduit and MH3 say otherwise with well done graphics and online modes. Only excuse is lazy devs. umcommon

It has nothing to do with lazy devs

Infinity Ward wants to make a certain game, for that game to go on the Wii it has to be chopped up and watered down.

umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 umcommon

[QUOTE="umcommon"] 1) Are you saying QUALITY, feature packed games aren't possible on Wii? The Conduit and MH3 say otherwise with well done graphics and online modes. Only excuse is lazy devs. Jaysonguy

Infinity Ward wants to make a certain game, for that game to go on the Wii it has to be chopped up and watered down.

Besides graphics dude, what else would have to be watered down....really? Online is no excuse either, because Wii can have the same online experience if given equal effort.
Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#40 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

Can't say I'm either shocked or disappointed by this "confirmation", to be perfectly honest. For various reasons, some more obvious than others, I just don't see Modern Warfare 2 being a great fit on the Wii to begin with, and its absense won't hurt the Wii in anyway. The thing I'm trying to figure out right now to begin with is why anyone would want a game where its developer has no interest in making games for the platform at all. Even if the Wii was as powerful as the other systems, that's just asking for a game that won't reach its potential in some way, shape, or form.

umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 umcommon

Can't say I'm either shocked or disappointed by this "confirmation", to be perfectly honest. For various reasons, some more obvious than others, I just don't see Modern Warfare 2 being a great fit on the Wii to begin with, and its absense won't hurt the Wii in anyway. The thing I'm trying to figure out right now to begin with is why anyone would want a game where its developer has no interest in making games for the platform at all. Even if the Wii was as powerful as the other systems, that's just asking for a game that won't reach its potential in some way, shape, or form.

Madmangamer364
If the Wii was as powerful as the other systems the game would be on Wii and everyone here wouldn't be debating this.
Blue-N-Yellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Blue-N-Yellow
Member since 2009 • 208 Posts

Not really that big of a deal, I never found COD4 to be that impressive and Wii is getting an exclusive FPS next month anyway. Doesn't seem to make much business sense to hold back from getting maximum profits, though---especially during a recession. Therefore I don't buy that there's no chance it'll make it to Wii, it just may be crap.

Either way, I'm not interested...I grew up on mushroom-eating plumbers and blue hedgehogs; realism in video games is still a turn-off for me.

lman013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 lman013
Member since 2007 • 1166 Posts

UN confirmed... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aht_hEozDuA

Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#44 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

If the Wii was as powerful as the other systems the game would be on Wii and everyone here wouldn't be debating this.umcommon

I wouldn't say that like it would be set in stone. Last gen, the GameCube had more than its fair share of multiplatform games that somehow didn't make it to the system, and it wouldn't have had any problems handling the games in same way the PS2 and Xbox did. Also, I recall a nice amount of debating and complaining back then, too... :P If the Wii was as powerful as the other two systems, perhaps it might have a better chance of getting a game like this, provided that its userbase was the same (which I highly doubt). Still, there tends to be more behind what games make it to which systems, outside of how powerful it is.

AsianGammer94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 AsianGammer94
Member since 2008 • 197 Posts

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]

[QUOTE="snover2009"]

snover2009

What?

Who in the world would wanna pick the Conduit over Modern Warfare 2.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="umcommon"] 1) Are you saying QUALITY, feature packed games aren't possible on Wii? The Conduit and MH3 say otherwise with well done graphics and online modes. Only excuse is lazy devs. umcommon

Besides graphics dude, what else would have to be watered down....really? Online is no excuse either, because Wii can have the same online experience if given equal effort.

Physics and AI for two

The Wii just doesn't have the horsepower

-John_Connor-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 -John_Connor-
Member since 2008 • 214 Posts

I know a bunch of people already said this, but I'd like to chime in as well.

There was a 0% chance of Modern Warfare 2 coming out on the Wii. As Wii owners, we need to accept that. I'll be picking it up for another console anyways. This thread reminds me of all the "I hope we get such and such game for the Wii" threads that pop up all the time for games like Resident Evil 5, GTA 4, Fallout 3, Street Fighter 4, etc.

Instead of wishing real hard, I went out and bought those games. Problem solved.

Avatar image for AdmiralWolverin
AdmiralWolverin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 AdmiralWolverin
Member since 2009 • 479 Posts
http://gonintendo.com/?p=83676 hmm
umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 umcommon

[QUOTE="umcommon"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Jaysonguy

Physics and AI for two

The Wii just doesn't have the horsepower

wwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaatttttttteeeeeevvvvvvveeeeeeeerrrr Why did you even get a Wii if you don't think that it can run a quality gaming experience?
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#50 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30688 Posts

[QUOTE="rgame1"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"] the fact that w@W sold a million and the COD4 engine was already up and running on Wii.Jaysonguy

And they had never worked on the PS3 or 360 before COD4, there has to be a first time for when you do something, what you said makes no sense. While there was never a chance at this game coming to the Wii solely for economic reasons, that being COD4 had double the sales of WAW appearing on less platforms, there was no reason to extend cost and development resources to making a Wii version. Financially it wouldn't make that big of a difference as opposed to the difference it made for WAW.

Yes.. but that was made by Treyarch - a VERY different company than Infinity Ward.. its the reason why WaW was inferior to COD4.Haziqonfire

It was only inferior in the eyes of Infinity Ward fanboys that game was every bit as good as Modern Warfare, especially since they were like all COD games, essentially the same, minus a change in scenery.