Conduit 2 Thread!!!!!--KEEP DISCUSSION HERE

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#101 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts
[QUOTE="Tri-Enforcer"]

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]

NMH2 got a better average rating than the original. I don't know what those two games got on GS, but I do know the sequel scored higher on average. That is what this poll is about--overall average reviews scores--and not just the GS review

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

Kind of awkward poll :? Why not just do the standard AAAA, AAA, AA, A, B style scoring everyone else uses? :P

I see it getting a 7.0, think there will be some improvements but given what they're improving upon, doesn't really say much.

EDIT:

Have people learned nothing? The AI isn't stupid because of the difficulty setting or because it's a demo, the AI are just stupid. Exactly like the first game, and exactly like people defended the first saying the AI was only bad looking because it was a demo.... right. There's a reason people study history, many would do well to try it :P

WreckEm711

Whatever it is. The single player campaign to most FPS games, especially these days, are not challenging to beat unless you set it to 'hard' mode or something like that. No point in talking about the AI of Conduit 2 if other FPS games are not challenging as well. What it boils down to is whether or not the gameplay and progression draws you in. Most importantly a FPS has to have a strong/beefy online multiplayer to stay afloat (at least in this gen) and that's happening with Conduit 2.

I'm sorry, but you're wrong. AI is important, especially in first person shooter games, pretending it doesn't matter is a really sad way to ignore that this game has crappy AI. As I said, there's a reason history is studied, it's so people dont keep falling for the same crap over and over.

Most of the footage we've seen have the game at the LOWEST difficulty.I don't know why people don't understand that.
psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#102 psychobrew
Member since 2008 • 8888 Posts

I'm sorry, but you're wrong. AI is important, especially in first person shooter games, pretending it doesn't matter is a really sad way to ignore that this game has crappy AI. As I said, there's a reason history is studied, it's so people dont keep falling for the same crap over and over.WreckEm711

You know AI is bad in this game exactly how?

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"] I'm sorry, but you're wrong. AI is important, especially in first person shooter games, pretending it doesn't matter is a really sad way to ignore that this game has crappy AI. As I said, there's a reason history is studied, it's so people dont keep falling for the same crap over and over.psychobrew

You know AI is bad in this game exactly how?

It looks EXACTLY the same as the first game..? We've seen a lot of gameplay so far, I watched the live feed for about half an hour, and the AI is just as bad as the first one that HVS touted... Which is funny given people making the EXACT same excuses for it :roll:

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#104 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

The Al may be bad, but I have seen worse Al on the next-gen systems.As long as the Al provide somechallenge to me at a normal difficulty levelI'm happy. Let's just wait and see what GS and other reviewers have to say about the Al in this game before assuming anything. This will be the first FPS game I buy anyway.

Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#105 Cruse34
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

[QUOTE="Cruse34"]

[QUOTE="Tri-Enforcer"]

Oh you're opinion is valid in terms of your comments, but not in the poll...lol. Don't worry when Conduit 2 comes out, you'll be glad you didn't choose that option. I'm confident about that. Just check out some of the written previews I posted and see the opinions of those who've already played this sequel.

Tri-Enforcer

If this wasn't a sticky now I would make a thread with a hype thread poll. Hype is measured in As not %s. And to say my opinion is completly wrong is completlyfor out reason.

I didn't say you're wrong. Your opinion is totally valid and you are free to voice that as much as you want in this thread. In all seriousness, I when I created the poll I actually din't know to label it 'AAA' or whatever. I guess I never paid attention to polls with such labels around here. So I used a broad percentage range label and ran out of slots. I could correct this, but I don't want the polling to start over. I'm sure a majority of the people who picked the last choice are those who would've chosen '60' anyway! That's ok, we'll come launch. I say so far so good with all that being included and the positive previews. These are previews from sites that are aware of the first games hype and disappoinment, so I don't think they'd give a positive preview after being burned by the first game. So they are keeping a close eye on Conduit 2's improvements.

Just so you know for next time you should check out the Killzone 3 hype thread in SW its outstanding

And all this talk about bad AI being okay is so silly. The whole point of the SP is shooting them, but what fun is it if they're not smart enough to shoot back?

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Just so you know for next time you should check out the Killzone 3 hype thread in SW its outstanding

And all this talk about bad AI being okay is so silly. The whole point of the SP is shooting them, but what fun is it if they're not smart enough to shoot back?

Cruse34

I'm just gonna say lets wait till the game is released. The AI cant be THAT stupid.

Tri-Enforcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Tri-Enforcer
Member since 2007 • 1899 Posts

[QUOTE="Tri-Enforcer"]

[QUOTE="Cruse34"]

If this wasn't a sticky now I would make a thread with a hype thread poll. Hype is measured in As not %s. And to say my opinion is completly wrong is completlyfor out reason.

Cruse34

I didn't say you're wrong. Your opinion is totally valid and you are free to voice that as much as you want in this thread. In all seriousness, I when I created the poll I actually din't know to label it 'AAA' or whatever. I guess I never paid attention to polls with such labels around here. So I used a broad percentage range label and ran out of slots. I could correct this, but I don't want the polling to start over. I'm sure a majority of the people who picked the last choice are those who would've chosen '60' anyway! That's ok, we'll come launch. I say so far so good with all that being included and the positive previews. These are previews from sites that are aware of the first games hype and disappoinment, so I don't think they'd give a positive preview after being burned by the first game. So they are keeping a close eye on Conduit 2's improvements.

The AI in Conduit 2 kicks over tables, crates, and even soda machines to use for cover. I haven't even seen AI do that on the HD systems. Also the AI on the original game was indeed hit or miss. At times it would be easy but then out of no where it would get hectic every now and then. So I think the problem with the original was that it had a problem with balancing the difficulty. So far the videos shown are set to easy, and I know that even the original had tougher AI than what I've seen in these early videos of Conduit 2. So I'm certain the AI will be ramped up once this is played on normal settings.

Futhermore, read this excerpt from a Joystiq previewer who also questioned the AI in Conduit 2:

Apparently, the build I saw was very early, and High Voltage e-mailed me a follow-up video, showing what the game looks like with enhanced AI. It was far more compelling: enemies jump away from grenades they see, duck from bullets, and try to flank you. (Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to share this video with you.)

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/11/conduit-2-preview-pipe-dream/

There you have it!!!!! The game is not done and the early videos show easy difficulty settings.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 WreckEm711

[QUOTE="Cruse34"]

ChubbyGuy40

I'm just gonna say lets wait till the game is released. The AI cant be THAT stupid.

Have you seen some of the gameplay videos? The live stream a week or two ago was especially bad... "Our AI knows how to go for cover!" (Which has been done for years....) Their AI sure does, they run behind pillars and shoot into the pillar in the direction of the player and then stand there until the guy walked around and shot them while they were still looking at the pillar....

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 WreckEm711

[QUOTE="Cruse34"]

[QUOTE="Tri-Enforcer"]

Tri-Enforcer

The AI in Conduit 2 kicks over tables, crates, and even soda machines to use for cover. I haven't even seen AI do that on the HD systems. Also the AI on the original game was indeed hit or miss. At times it would be easy but then out of no where it would get hectic every now and then. So I think the problem with the original was that it had a problem with balancing the difficulty. So far the videos shown are set to easy, and I know that even the original had tougher AI than what I've seen in these early videos of Conduit 2. So I'm certain the AI will be ramped up once this is played on normal settings.

Futhermore, read this excerpt from a Joystiq previewer who also questioned the AI in Conduit 2:

Apparently, the build I saw was very early, and High Voltage e-mailed me a follow-up video, showing what the game looks like with enhanced AI. It was far more compelling: enemies jump away from grenades they see, duck from bullets, and try to flank you. (Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to share this video with you.)

There you have it!!!!! The game is not done and the early videos show easy difficulty settings.

lmao... It's better this time we swear!.... Except you have to trust us, because you can't see it. But it's awesome I promise!

You do realize enemies have been diving away from grenades for over a decade already right?

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 super600  Moderator

Tri@

Thanks for the confirmation. So that comment kinda destroys the bad Al arguement.

Wreckem@

The guy who wrote the preview was shown a video by HVS about the Al and how good they were. I know that you don't believe HVS , butwould that guy who wrote the preview waste his time lying to people. Maybe HVS wanted to surprise the people who hate the game when they play the game.They probably assume loads of people are going to hate on the game like crazy so they probablydecided to hide the difficulty of the Al.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 WreckEm711

Tri@

Thanks for the confirmation. So that comment kinda destroys the bad Al arguement.

super600

Officially done with trying to discuss sense with people wearing rose-tinted glasses, ignorance is bliss :P

Tri-Enforcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Tri-Enforcer

[QUOTE="Tri-Enforcer"]

[QUOTE="Cruse34"]

WreckEm711

lmao... It's better this time we swear!.... Except you have to trust us, because you can't see it. But it's awesome I promise!

You do realize enemies have been diving away from grenades for over a decade already right?

I'm not saying that enemies diving from grenades is anything new (however enemies flipping over objects for cover is pretty new). But that's not the question. The question is 'how smart is the AI in Conduit 2'? And the answer from that video, the previewer referenced, is that the AI is competent to do the things we expect of AI in this day and age.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 super600  Moderator

[QUOTE="super600"]

Tri@

WreckEm711

Officially done with trying to discuss sense with people wearing rose-tinted glasses, ignorance is bliss :P

I'm not wearing rose-tinted glasses. I doubt the previewer would lie about the Al to make people happy. I never seen a preview of a game that lies to people.

Pesantez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Pesantez
Member since 2008 • 773 Posts

The bad AI arguement is beginning to develop into a he said/she said . Videos provided so far has shown the AI to simply be meat bags to shoot. Satisfying i suppose if you havn't done that about a million times in the past decade. However, i suppose you can't really argue with written proof that states the AI is capable of being something other than target practice.

Oh and btw Triforce, go play/watch Half Life if you truly want to see good AI in an FPS game.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 super600  Moderator

The bad AI arguement is beginning to develop into a he said/she said . Videos provided so far has shown the AI to simply be meat bags to shoot. Satisfying i suppose if you havn't done that about a million times in the past decade. However, i suppose you can't really argue with written proof that states the AI is capable of being something other than target practice.

Oh and btw Triforce, go play/watch Half Life if you truly want to see good AI in an FPS game.

Pesantez

Agree! I never seen someone lie in a preview and that's why I believe what the guy says.

Tri-Enforcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Tri-Enforcer

Pesantez

I knew that game would come up eventually. Nice point, but here's the thing. In this generation, we haven't had a memorable or challenging FPS campaign, since Half Life. So if people throw Conduit under the bus for an unchallenging campaign, then they need to do it for all the other FPS games that have come out this gen.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

[QUOTE="Pesantez"]

Tri-Enforcer

I knew that game would come up eventually. Nice point, but here's the thing. In this generation, we haven't had a memorable or challenging FPS campaign, since Half Life. So if people throw Conduit under the bus for an unchallenging campaign, then they need to do it for all the other FPS games that have come out this gen.

didn't you hear? If its big budget or in HD then they automatically get a passing grade. Only lowly Wii shooters and their sub-HD will be judge for who they truly are.

...and shame on you if anyone takes that seriously.

Oh ya, HL SUCKS! :P FEAR FTW. The AI in that game is awesome!

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#118 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

This is all a repeat of what happened with the last game.

False promises and hope from the developers mouth and some writers who are trying to be nice about it because of the Wii's lack of FPS.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#119 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

I'm not wearing rose-tinted glasses. I doubt the previewer would lie about the Al to make people happy. I never seen a preview of a game that lies to people.

super600

You doubt that, even though that is exactly what HVS did with the first Conduit?

alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#120 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts

[QUOTE="super600"]

GabuEx

You doubt that, even though that is exactly what HVS did with the first Conduit?

Yep, pay IGN to lie about the game
Tri-Enforcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Tri-Enforcer

[QUOTE="super600"]

GabuEx

HVS is not making bold claims like they did with the first game and even if they did, it's just an opinion. This time around HVS is merely stating facts, facts that are being backed up with fact sheets, and confirmation from previewers. HVS really did address a majority of the original's low points in this sequel and then some. Also, previewers still have a bad taste in their mouths of the first game. That's why at the start of most of those articles they talk about the hype and let down of the original, but then they go on to say things like, 'it's improved', 'more fun', or 'it looks better'. I don't think they'd say that about this sequel if it weren't true, especially after they've already ripped the original game.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 super600  Moderator

[QUOTE="GabuEx"]

[QUOTE="super600"]

alexh_99

I remember that. I was kinda scared of trying the first game after I heard all the bad things about it. The sequel seems to interest me a lot more and I'm not going to go on the hate train for this game because of the developer's history or other reasons. Like Tri says their is actual proof of them keeping their promises for this game. Look at the fact sheet for this game carefully againand you'll understand why. I also go searching for information for this game and I kinda like what I'm hearing so far.

Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Cruse34

[QUOTE="alexh_99"][QUOTE="GabuEx"]

super600

I remember that. I was kinda scared of trying the first game after I heard all the bad things about it. The sequel seems to interest me a lot more and I'm not going to go on the hate train for this game because of the developer's history or other reasons. Like Tri says their is actual proof of them keeping their promises for this game. Look at the fact sheet for this game carefully againand you'll understand why. I also go searching for information for this game and I kinda like what I'm hearing so far.

Big Promises shouldn't need to be made. And remember promises were made to be broken

Pesantez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Pesantez
Member since 2008 • 773 Posts

[QUOTE="Pesantez"]

Tri-Enforcer

Exactly? This is just one of many reasons why FPS's are in a hole that Halo and COD have dug. Let's face it, developers shouldn't have any type of problem making a "shoot everything" FPS. It's practically all the genre has been pumping out since **** Doom on PC. Valve doesn't excuse all the other crap that the industry is getting from this genre. All that is striven for from this genre is making everything bland or brown and graphics. It's creatively stipened and is dragging the industry to hell because of how much it reigns over everything else.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

This is all a repeat of what happened with the last game.

False promises and hope from the developers mouth and some writers who are trying to be nice about it because of the Wii's lack of FPS.

Haziqonfire

Nothing has been hyped to hell man :?

I've been following this one (with an open mind, you know I don't just hype garbage) and it looks to be a genuine step above the first title which I played a decent amount (played pretty much all of the campaign and a lot of online). Is it gonna turn the world on its head? Hell no. Will it be terrible? From what I have seen the campaign is going to be painfully mediocore and the online is going to be solid. That imo is fine since FPS campaigns on a whole are garbage the latest stinker I've played being Black Ops (on PC). The game and the studio are making strides. Will they ever be the best? Naw. Will the game be better then the first? Absolutely. Will it be worth your 60 bucks? Well definitely not worth mine unless my friends all buy it at launch but eventually yes.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 haziqonfire

I've been following this one (with an open mind, you know I don't just hype garbage) and it looks to be a genuine step above the first title which I played a decent amount (played pretty much all of the campaign and a lot of online). Is it gonna turn the world on its head? Hell no. Will it be terrible? From what I have seen the campaign is going to be painfully mediocore and the online is going to be solid. That imo is fine since FPS campaigns on a whole are garbage the latest stinker I've played being Black Ops (on PC). The game and the studio are making strides. Will they ever be the best? Naw. Will the game be better then the first? Absolutely. Will it be worth your 60 bucks? Well definitely not worth mine unless my friends all buy it at launch but eventually yes.

ActicEdge

The hype has been toned down from the first, but I still hate EricNofsinger.

Though what I meant was refering to the discussion about the IGN previews. IGN is terrible [sorry to anyone that likes IGN.. but honestly, they're irritating].

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 LastRambo341
Member since 2010 • 8767 Posts

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

Haziqonfire

Though what I meant was refering to the discussion about the IGN previews. IGN is terrible [sorry to anyone that likes IGN.. but honestly, they're irritating].

Wow, you "HATE" a guy who works on a game development?? =S
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 super600  Moderator

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

LastRambo341

I think it has something to do with the hype of the first game.I usually never hate the people who develop video games, but I hatethe CEO's of video game companies like Activision.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 haziqonfire

Wow, you "HATE" a guy who works on a game development?? =SLastRambo341

I hate his attitude, which in turn makes me not like him. Just like how I really hated Matt Cassasmawutshisfaceworksforapplenow cause he was irritating and is extremely lucky to have his job.

There are a lot of industry people I dislike because of their attitude, this is nothing new. It's not just one guy from HVS.

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 psychobrew

I've seenoneor two spotswhere the AI could use a little work. If they hide somewhere, they seem to just sit there allowing you to come up behind them unchallenged, but I only saw that in one spot and other than that the AI seems fine. They do seem to move around more than in the first game, and if you raise the dificulty level so they actually hit you when shooting, I'm sure it will be much more challenging. AI is certainly much better than Black Ops and MWR.

nintenjoe3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 nintenjoe3
Member since 2010 • 385 Posts
I'm worried that the more excited I get for this game, the more dissapointing it will be when I play it. Unfortunately, I'M SUPER EXCITED.
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

Haziqonfire

IGN is garbage lol, anything that site says is worthless. that said, I don't see anything wrong with Nofsinger's approach to this specific title (Conduit 1 they hyped tooo big). They acknowledged the originals flaws, set out to fix those flaws and haven't been getting arrogant in hype. I feel they've handled this title well. I hope the game turns out to be solid (it won't be anything special obviously) so the company can get more shots at creating more independant games.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="LastRambo341"][QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]

super600

I think it has something to do with the hype of the first game.I usually never hate the people who develop video games, but I hatethe CEO's of video game companies like Activision.

I don't hate any specific person in the industry. Just the industries mentaliites in general. I also can't hat Activision for trying to make money and being good at it.

Tri-Enforcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Tri-Enforcer

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

Haziqonfire

I really don't care for IGN very much these days. However, I didn't mind Matt and Bozon. I guess that was because they were the only ones on that site that sticking up for the Wii andprovided detailed analysis than say a freakin Daemon Hatfield...ugh.... Now that they are gone, I really don'tlook forward to anything from that site.

As for Nofsinger, I don't understand the hate. He was promoting his product and felt good about it. He didn't lie...he just gave an opinion. Was he aware ofcertainshortcomings ofThe Conduit?I'm sure he did. But every developer knows what problems a game has and isn't 100% content with what they put out, but they must doit to meet deadlines and budgets. Just as everygamer can findcertain shortcoming in a game no matter how much they like it.I betInfinity Ward or Treyarch would look back at their previous game to see what could be improved upon and I'm sure there are thingstheywould've liked to haveadded or done before they ran out of time.Understanding a fault and trying to fix it, is just apart of being and an artist. I'm sure yesterday's Super Bowl MVP is glad he won, but there are somethings that he felt that could be done better and fix things for next season. It's all apart of bettering yourself.

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 LastRambo341

[QUOTE="LastRambo341"]Wow, you "HATE" a guy who works on a game development?? =SHaziqonfire

I hate his attitude, which in turn makes me not like him. Just like how I really hated Matt Cassasmawutshisfaceworksforapplenow cause he was irritating and is extremely lucky to have his job.

There are a lot of industry people I dislike because of their attitude, this is nothing new. It's not just one guy from HVS.

He was promoting his product, I would do the same thing, whatever it takes for my thing to sell.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 haziqonfire

He was promoting his product, I would do the same thing, whatever it takes for my thing to sell.LastRambo341

Yes, I'm aware of the concept.

He's doing it wrong.

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 LastRambo341

[QUOTE="LastRambo341"]He was promoting his product, I would do the same thing, whatever it takes for my thing to sell.Haziqonfire

He's doing it wrong.

And how will he do it right?
alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#138 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]

[QUOTE="LastRambo341"]He was promoting his product, I would do the same thing, whatever it takes for my thing to sell.LastRambo341

He's doing it wrong.

to not be so cocky. He was like "look here, we have the best game ever! It will satisfy the wii hardcore!!!!!" do you see any other dev that does that? the others are more modest with their creations.
psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 psychobrew

He's doing it wrong.

alexh_99

to not be so cocky. He was like "look here, we have the best game ever! It will satisfy the wii hardcore!!!!!" do you see any other dev that does that? the others are more modest with their creations.

Treyarch, Infinity Ward, Bethsoft, and many other highly regarded devs do the same thing.

Can you post a link to your paraphrased quote?

Tri-Enforcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Tri-Enforcer

He's doing it wrong.

alexh_99

It's just an opinion. And I've heard other devs say that before as well. Nothing wrong with that. Like I said before, we have previews, reviews, screen shots and video footage in this day and age. Those resources are available for you to make up your own mind as opposed to taking a developers word for it. I didn't buy Conduit because HVS made those bode claims, I got it based off of what I saw and read on the game. If anyone else got it based off a developer promoting his game and was disappointed in the end--then you just fooled yourself.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 ActicEdge

He's doing it wrong.

alexh_99

At the end of the day are you judging personalities or are you judging games? If its the former, that's a damn shame, if its the later, then you have nothing to fear or be annoyed about. Better praise and have ambition in your projects then the **** the Wii normally gets.

Avatar image for redlightstudios
redlightstudios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 redlightstudios
Member since 2010 • 570 Posts

I don't understand why people still argue over this subject. Every developer does this at least to a certain extent.

Segas done it with every Sonic, Nintendos doneit with every Zelda or Mario game, even Square has doneit withFF. They'vedropped some doosies on us and everyone seems to forget about that.

He's doing what he's paid to do.

I'm not saying the game is going to be great, or not great...I just don't understand the bickering about a companyclaiming things about their product when every companyin the world does the same thing.I've never heard of anyone saying "meh, our product is alright, could be better, but it's just ok.Please check it out."

Either way, I don't expect much to change in terms of gameplay or whatever.... I don't expect much graphically because its the Wii. The biggest thing I'm curious to seeis if HVS fixes the online and actually makes it fun, playable, and worth playing.Other than that, I could care less what Eric N is saying about it.

Tri-Enforcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Tri-Enforcer

I don't understand why people still argue over this subject. Every developer does this at least to a certain extent.

Segas done it with every Sonic, Nintendos doneit with every Zelda or Mario game, even Square has doneit withFF. They'vedropped some doosies on us and everyone seems to forget about that.

I'm not saying the game is going to be great, or not great...I just don't understand the bickering about a companyclaiming things about their product when every companyin the world does the same thing.I've never heard of anyone saying "meh, our product is alright, could be better, but it's just ok.Please check it out."

Either way, I don't expect much to change in terms of gameplay or whatever.... I don't expect much graphically because its the Wii. The biggest thing I'm curious to seeis if HVS fixes the online and actually makes it fun, playable, and worth playing.Other than that, I could care less what Eric N is saying about it.

redlightstudios

Agreed. It's just people taking their dislike of a game too far. If you don't like the game--that's fine--just leave it at that. Don't go to getting all personal, and hating a developer. That's just too much. Its just a game.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 haziqonfire

redlightstudios

No one said they're expecting them to be honest about their product. If you want to hype up your product, there are ways to do it without coming off as a total dbag. That's how it is though, some people don't come off as one when they're trying to sell their product and some do.

redlightstudios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 redlightstudios

[QUOTE="redlightstudios"]

Haziqonfire

No one said they're expecting them to be honest about their product. If you want to hype up your product, there are ways to do it without coming off as a total dbag. That's how it is though, some people don't come off as one when they're trying to sell their product and some do.

although I agree with what you're saying, again... there's been tons of people who have done this in the past and no one seems to remember those. As of late, whatshisname that lead the developement on Epic Mickey. Wasn't that supposed to bring Mickey Back to the top and whatever else he said? The game failed to acheive successful ratings indeed, but we don't keep bashing the guy for it nor the company.

What about the Nintendo folk who said Metroid Other M was supposed to be the next best thing since motion controlled gaming? We see how that turned out (for some fans, not all).

Again, I agree with you and he shouldn't be bragging about a game that probably won't live up to the hype. I just don't understand why people have to come on the internet and complain about it. It's not like this game has the same budget as mario or Zelda lol. I just look at it like they're doing the best they can do with what they have (talent, budget, technology wise).

Anyways, has there been word on how the online has supposedly been changed? I remember when i bought and played the first game, it took forever to find a match,connect, and respawn. Then I sometimes got the dreaded game freeze and had to reset the system.

Have they mentioned anything about all that? Or about different clazzes, modes, ranking system? The online was fun once it worked, but it just seemed like a very generic, last minute thrown together experience to me. There was no depth besides running around shooting people. I could never tell who was better, the guy with a gold triangle and lines, or the guy with gold triangles and a circle (or whatever it was).

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 WreckEm711

What about the Nintendo folk who said Metroid Other M was supposed to be the next best thing since motion controlled gaming? We see how that turned out (for some fans, not all).

redlightstudios

Umm, do you have anything to back up those claims, because I don't remember hearing anything remotely like that in the slightest :?

redlightstudios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 redlightstudios

WreckEm711

Umm, do you have anything to back up those claims, because I don't remember hearing anything remotely like that in the slightest :?

ummm.... these boards alone were enough proof to back it up. The story was argued about, gameplay decisions, voiceacting, etc. etc. I'm not calling the game bad by anymeans, but I wouldn't call it a 100% success (with fans) either.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 WreckEm711

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

redlightstudios

ummm.... these boards alone were enough proof to back it up. The story was argued about, gameplay decisions, voiceacting, etc. etc. I'm not calling the game bad by anymeans, but I wouldn't call it a 100% success (with fans) either.

Ahhh my mistake I thought you meant the developers hyping it up, my bad, I see you were talking about fans :P

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
Anyone else feel like the poll doesn't go low enough? :P
Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Cruse34

Anyone else feel like the poll doesn't go low enough? :Pmeetroid8

TriEnforcer is biased and thinks that its impossible. The first post of a hype thread should be unbiased