Capcom addresses issues with MH3U (update... wiimote + nc is not going) sorry

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#51 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="nini200"] Because not everybody started Monster Hunter when it originally started, like myself, and because the WiiMote and Nunchuck was a good control method for it. Not knocking classic controls because alot of people used that method as well.nini200
I really don't see how it could be a good control method. I tried using it and it just wasn't fun.

And that's your opinion and there is nothing wrong with that. I used them and they worked great and was very fun.

Okay then :?.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

[QUOTE="nini200"][QUOTE="Michael0134567"] I really don't see how it could be a good control method. I tried using it and it just wasn't fun.Michael0134567

And that's your opinion and there is nothing wrong with that. I used them and they worked great and was very fun.

Okay then :?.

I think that may have been taken in the wrong context. There was no offense by my post. If you felt like it was then I apologize for that. I was just saying, everyone has different opinions on the controls.
svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#53 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

I was under the impression that most people disliked the WiiMote controls in Tri. meetroid8

I didnt like the wiimote controls in Tri. Spent more time fighting with the controls than the monsters :P

After being able to play MHP 3rd HD with a dualshock and now the MH3U demo with a gamepad/pro controller, it is really hard for me to play any MH game now without a second analog stick.

Granted, to each his own control scheme. I had a friend I ran trio with another friend, and he would always pull out the wiimote and nunchuck. We thought he was nuts.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#54 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Played Tri with pro controller so Im fine with it.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 nini200

[QUOTE="meetroid8"]I was under the impression that most people disliked the WiiMote controls in Tri. svaubel

I didnt like the wiimote controls in Tri. Spent more time fighting with the controls than the monsters :P

After being able to play MHP 3rd HD with a dualshock and now the MH3U demo with a gamepad/pro controller, it is really hard for me to play any MH game now without a second analog stick.

Granted, to each his own control scheme. I had a friend I ran trio with another friend, and he would always pull out the wiimote and nunchuck. We thought he was nuts.

That's definitely understandable about the controls as you have your opinion on them and I can respect that. Some play with the CCP and some prefer the WM + NC. The whole thing I am talking about in this thread is about having the choice to use which ever setup you want.
teknic1200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 teknic1200
Member since 2007 • 3191 Posts
The wiimote controls were bloody awful, in the long run you'll be better off learning the button layout. I played tri on the ccpro so the gamepad is easy cheesy to adapt to.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 nini200
[QUOTE="teknic1200"]The wiimote controls were bloody awful, in the long run you'll be better off learning the button layout. I played tri on the ccpro so the gamepad is easy cheesy to adapt to.

and that's your opinion and you admit that you played Tri with the CCP so sure that's easy for you to say "just adapt" which I have been trying to "read my OP".

My opinion is that WM + NC controls were great and very well implemented.

Quick question to you Teknic. How did you attack when (and I'm guessing you at least tried them) trying the WM + NC on Tri?
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 nini200
Everything about gaming is a gimmick, from the controllers, to the graphics, to things like online play and DLC.Sepewrath
This is truth. No gimmicks means there's nothing to entice the customers to buy the console.
Gohansephiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#59 Gohansephiroth
Member since 2005 • 9871 Posts

Time to adapt to what they have provided and move on

Nophoria88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 Nophoria88
Member since 2010 • 410 Posts
[QUOTE="nini200"][QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

Why would anyone want to play Monster Hunter with a WiiMote and Nunchuk? :|

Michael0134567
Because not everybody started Monster Hunter when it originally started, like myself, and because the WiiMote and Nunchuck was a good control method for it. Not knocking classic controls because alot of people used that method as well.

I really don't see how it could be a good control method. I tried using it and it just wasn't fun.

I disliked them too, so much that it turned me away from the game completely. Glad I skipped it even though others had fun with it, now I can play it for the first time with the controls I like w/o having to buy a separate controller.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#61 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

it does worry me....

i love the wiimote and id like it to be an option for ALL wiiU games...

so it saddens me that capcom is doing this.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#62 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

i hate wii mote for certain games,  driver paralel lines for one ,  everytime im driving the car would spin out you wanna know why---- you hold the nunchuk up for handbrake and i have always had the tendency to do it !   its annoying

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 nini200
[QUOTE="Nophoria88"][QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="nini200"] Because not everybody started Monster Hunter when it originally started, like myself, and because the WiiMote and Nunchuck was a good control method for it. Not knocking classic controls because alot of people used that method as well.

I disliked them too, so much that it turned me away from the game completely. Glad I skipped it even though others had fun with it, now I can play it for the first time with the controls I like w/o having to buy a separate controller.

You are misinformed about Monster Hunter 3 aren't you?
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 nini200

i hate wii mote for certain games,  driver paralel lines for one ,  everytime im driving the car would spin out you wanna know why---- you hold the nunchuk up for handbrake and i have always had the tendency to do it !   its annoying

mariokart64fan
They definitely don't work well for all genres (fighting games for instance except Budokai Tenkaichi 3 where they were EXCELLENT) but Monster Hunter was one that it was implemented well in. It wasn't overdone like in some games.
teknic1200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 teknic1200

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is a Wii game, in every single sense it's a Wii game

There no reason why it shouldn't have Wiimote support

For everyoe who wants to babble on with "Well it's a Wii U game" Nintendo ($#*(#$@ Land uses the Wiimote!

There's no excuse for this

Jaysonguy
this is wrong on so many levels it's not even funny. assume much? you didn't like tri or play tri so how would you even know?
teknic1200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 teknic1200

I have no issue with lack of Wii Motes. I have never played a MH game before. The MH3U Demo was my first time. I just want the camera fixed. As in a fixed camera.

Master_Of_Fools
the camera is perfect, the last thing you want is the camera autocorrecting itself behind you. As a player in MH you have complete control over the camera, it's brilliant and once you get used to the game you'll see why. When fighting multiple big monsters in the same area you'll really understand. It's like this, you have complete control over the camera, it won't move unless you click the centering button or move it yourself. Once you come to terms with the game you'll understand.
teknic1200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 teknic1200
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is a Wii game, in every single sense it's a Wii game

There no reason why it shouldn't have Wiimote support

For everyoe who wants to babble on with "Well it's a Wii U game" Nintendo ($#*(#$@ Land uses the Wiimote!

There's no excuse for this

bonesawisready5
I'm pretty sure its a port of the 3DS version of the Wii game, which uses similar assets but adds a lot of stuff and changes things and is scaled down for the 3DS. So technically its an up-port of a 3DS game that never supported the Wii controller, and the 3DS is a re-worked version of the Wii game.

Actually from Tri it went to PSP with portable 3rd, from there it went to PS 3 as Portable 3rd HD, then it went to DS. So it's a wii game reworked for PSP then for PS 3, then for 3DS and now finally back over here for MH3u. 51 - 18 monsters all with unique weapons and armor. It's a huge expansion.
teknic1200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 teknic1200
[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

nini200
Because not everybody started Monster Hunter when it originally started, like myself, and because the WiiMote and Nunchuck was a good control method for it. Not knocking classic controls because alot of people used that method as well.

you know being afraid of adapting makes it more difficult. Embrace the new method and the features the gamepad bring. I love the size of the gamepad and we'll be able to map items and combos to shortcuts there making things like grabbing stuff from your inventory easier. I plan to put the HUD on the gamepad and free up the screen so I can enjoy the world.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 nini200
[QUOTE="nini200"][QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

teknic1200

you know being afraid of adapting makes it more difficult. Embrace the new method and the features the gamepad bring. I love the size of the gamepad and we'll be able to map items and combos to shortcuts there making things like grabbing stuff from your inventory easier. I plan to put the HUD on the gamepad and free up the screen so I can enjoy the world.

I have adapted a bit but I just find that I still prefer Wiimote controls better. I don't want to be causing my team online alot of grief by constantly dying but I can tell that I will be for a while. I almost have to give up my main weapon (Lance) because I just can't use it as effectively anymore.

Alot of the people here were complaining when they were forced to play Skyward Sword with the WiiMote, this is the same thing. I'm being forced to use a control method that I personally don't like for this game. Being forced to use a control method that you aren't fond of, especially when the control method was in the previous game and could simply be ported into the new entry, really isn't cool.

I was wondering about what new features the gamepad added also. From the demo, I don't see any. I've heard of putting the hud on the gamepad which is cool but hopefully it's customizable. Yuri (an actual Capcom rep) over at the Capcom-unity stated that there are some new features that were added that couldn't be implemented with the wiimote. I'd like to know what these features are. If anybody knows, can you inform me? Based off the demo, there is nothing I've noticed yet.
teknic1200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 teknic1200
but that doesn't mean it's not all in your head.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 nini200
but that doesn't mean it's not all in your head.teknic1200
:lol: whatever :lol:
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 LastRambo341
Member since 2010 • 8767 Posts

[QUOTE="nini200"]

The issue is, the omission of WiiMote and Nunchuck option for the controls.

wii

soundcellx

No game should have crappy gimmicky controls. The reason why I bought a Wii U is that it DID NOT HAVE MOTION CONTROLS! The GamePad is so sweet since it functions as a normal video game controller with dual analogs. In fact, there should be a patch for every and all Wii games that you can play them with a normal controller instead of crappy motion gimmicks.

What is a gimmick and why is the motion control crappy? The game barely has any motion control
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

[QUOTE="nini200"]

The issue is, the omission of WiiMote and Nunchuck option for the controls.

wii

LastRambo341

No game should have crappy gimmicky controls. The reason why I bought a Wii U is that it DID NOT HAVE MOTION CONTROLS! The GamePad is so sweet since it functions as a normal video game controller with dual analogs. In fact, there should be a patch for every and all Wii games that you can play them with a normal controller instead of crappy motion gimmicks.

What is a gimmick and why is the motion control crappy? The game barely has any motion control

please, just STOP encouraging him....
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 LastRambo341
Member since 2010 • 8767 Posts

please, just STOP encouraging him....

Encouraging him to do what? :?
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 nini200
UPDATE!!! CAPCOM HAS SEEN THE LIGHT!!!! WiiMote and Nunchuck are a Go for this Game!!! HYPED I AM!!! Well off to buy my copy NOW!!! :D
aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

UPDATE!!! CAPCOM HAS SEEN THE LIGHT!!!! WiiMote and Nunchuck are a Go for this Game!!! HYPED I AM!!! Well off to buy my copy NOW!!! :Dnini200

Feels the game really good to play with Wiimote? i bought the MH-Tri bundle for Wii with the classic pro controller included. I tried the wiimote later after i had been used to classic controller and then it just felt awkward :(

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 nini200

[QUOTE="nini200"]UPDATE!!! CAPCOM HAS SEEN THE LIGHT!!!! WiiMote and Nunchuck are a Go for this Game!!! HYPED I AM!!! Well off to buy my copy NOW!!! :Daroxx_ab

Feels the game really good to play with Wiimote? i bought the MH-Tri bundle for Wii with the classic pro controller included. I tried the wiimote later after i had been used to classic controller and then it just felt awkward :(

It depends on the person.  I personally like it better than the Classic Controller but I tried the classic controller and it's good too. Most people get used to one or the other.

Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#78 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts
Is there a patch already including the Wiimote support!! I can't wait for next month to get it!! I hope to see you all online soon!
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

I like the wiimote controls better too, so this is good news to me.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 nini200
Unfortunate News again folks, WiiMote and Nunchuck NOT Playable in this game. At least not yet. Maybe one day but not today folks. Sorry about getting your hopes up.
45dragoons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 45dragoons
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
UPDATE!!! CAPCOM HAS SEEN THE LIGHT!!!! WiiMote and Nunchuck are a Go for this Game!!! HYPED I AM!!! Well off to buy my copy NOW!!! :Dnini200
WOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!! yes I came on here to find this out. thank you for letting me know. I could out hunt any one using the controller to me using the wii mote, it was easyer to swing or tilt for combos rather then button smashing like I do on xbox. I also liked having my hands awayfrom each other rather than being cramped clost to each other. I think I will use both with this game once I get it one for lax play and one for speed kills. (I made my account just to reply to this)
45dragoons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 45dragoons
Unfortunate News again folks, WiiMote and Nunchuck NOT Playable in this game. At least not yet. Maybe one day but not today folks. Sorry about getting your hopes up.nini200
how dare you smash my hopes and dreams D8..... I gonna go cry now... sniff..... ahh who cares I play so many consals it will be nice to use a pad to play instead of a paddle. granted I would like the wii mote so I could speed kill monster but I thin the main reason would be the hunting horn and bows would need a lot of combos in order to use them to their fullest.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 nini200

[QUOTE="nini200"]Unfortunate News again folks, WiiMote and Nunchuck NOT Playable in this game. At least not yet. Maybe one day but not today folks. Sorry about getting your hopes up.45dragoons
how dare you smash my hopes and dreams D8..... I gonna go cry now... sniff..... ahh who cares I play so many consals it will be nice to use a pad to play instead of a paddle. granted I would like the wii mote so I could speed kill monster but I thin the main reason would be the hunting horn and bows would need a lot of combos in order to use them to their fullest.

Sorry Sorry I thought it had it according to my friend who told me it did then told me it didn't so oh well. Yea I think I'm gonna open it up today and just go with the pad. I need to get a WiiU Pro controller.

Anyway, Add me.  I'm Angel_Shiranui on WiiU

45dragoons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 45dragoons

[QUOTE="45dragoons"][QUOTE="nini200"]Unfortunate News again folks, WiiMote and Nunchuck NOT Playable in this game. At least not yet. Maybe one day but not today folks. Sorry about getting your hopes up.nini200

Sorry Sorry I thought it had it according to my friend who told me it did then told me it didn't so oh well. Yea I think I'm gonna open it up today and just go with the pad. I need to get a WiiU Pro controller.

Anyway, Add me.  I'm Angel_Shiranui on WiiU

I so will once I get my copy in 5 days :3 its going to be my birthday present to my self. I am buying a new wiiu and the game at the same time o3o, I think I might go with my normal user name or some thing else. this game is the only reason I am buying the wiiu and the possibility of a new majoras mask.... >.>