Capcom addresses issues with MH3U (update... wiimote + nc is not going) sorry

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

MH3U

As most of you may or may not know, there will be a patch for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate that will, ( as it originally was on 3) allow for players across the region to play alongside each other.

In my opinion, this is huge for a game that is built upon the multiplayer online aspect as the core of the game.

Also, the patch will (as it should have originally been seeing as this was one of the main marketing ploys of the WiiU) allow the complete game to be played entirely on the Gamepad.

This is great and could even lead to 2 player local co-op play if Capcom so decides.

This is a much needed patch and should've been done in the game originally and not through a patch.

Never the less, Capcom has done a great thing here and have addressed many people's issues with the game (Before it released mind you).

Now that they have addressed those issues, there is one issue still pegging me that should be readded to the game.

What's the issue?  You intelligently ask me.

The issue is, the omission of WiiMote and Nunchuck option for the controls.

wii

After playing the demo, I am now semi-used to the gamepad setup but I still die a bunch more than when using the WiiMote and Nunchuck.

This is mainly due to me having to look down to see what I am selecting.

Sometimes it's due to a mistaken button press when trying to perform another action.

Enough about that.

The WiiMote and Nunchuck functioned well in Monster Hunter.  It was neither overly or under implemented.

The Swing to attack could have been removed though I agree, because they offer a much simpler and better option to attack and that is by simply pressing the "A" button.

The controls were as follows:

Move with the Nunchuck Analog.

Block with the "Z" Button.

Scroll through items by holding the "C" button and pressing left or right on the DPad.

Press "1" to use selected item or whilst still holding "C", Press "A".

Sheath/Unsheath the Weapon with "+"

Press "A" to attack.

Modified attacks were:

Tilt Slightly Left and Press "A" to do your upward attack.

Tilt Slightly Right and Press "A" to do your Circular attack.

Tilt Slightly Up and Press "A" to do your Charge/Overhead Attack.

Press "-" for your Special attack.

Press "2" to bring up the options menu.

Dpad scrolled through the options menu.

Open the Hunters Book, and press "1" to bring up the Monster Scanner.

Point at the monster once in range, Press and hold "A" and drag it down into the Monster Book to add monster info.  (This cannot be done anymore since they removed this control method).  It kind of gave the game a pokemon-ish aspect of gathering monster info.

While online, press "2" twice to bring up the chat box

Scroll through the Keyboard with the Dpad and Press "A" when you get to the desired letter or punctuation.

(This can be majorly simplified by having a USB keyboard)

I have talked to a Capcom Representative about this issue and the reason he gave was that "there were additional things added to the game that could not be implemented with the WiiMote, thus the removal of the option".

From playing the demo, I have yet to see one thing that has been added that the WiiMote could not already do.  If you know anything about the additions that were added, please feel free to inform me.

While the option to play the game using the Gamepad and CCP/GPP are nice and there is no problem with me there, the readdition of the WiiMote controls would make this game feel much more at home to the people, like myself, that used the WiiMote and Nunchuck as the primary control setup for Monster Hunter 3/Tri.

So hopefully, Capcom will see that the WiiMote was a good control method for this game and will readd it through a patch in the same way that they are patching Region free and Off Tv play.

UPDATE!!! Capcom has not seen fit to readd the WiiMote and Nunchuck Controls. Sorry about that folks.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
did this really warrant a new thread?
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is a Wii game, in every single sense it's a Wii game

There no reason why it shouldn't have Wiimote support

For everyoe who wants to babble on with "Well it's a Wii U game" Nintendo ($#*(#$@ Land uses the Wiimote!

There's no excuse for this

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nini200

For everyoe who wants to babble on with "Well it's a Wii U game" Nintendo ($#*(#$@ Land uses the Wiimote!

Jaysonguy
Agreed 100% with this. Black Ops gives the option of playing with the WiiMote, So does Sonic Racing. So it's just odd that a control method that was implemented well in the game already would be removed.

Maybe after playing the whole game, I'll find something in it that couldn't be done on the WiiMote but as of now, I haven't found a thing that couldn't.
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts

curious, does it work with the wii u pro controller?

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

As most of you may or may not know, there will be a patch for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate that will, ( as it originally was on 3) allow for players across the region to play alongside each other.nini200
As it originally was on Tri? Tri's online was and still is region locked.

I am glad that they're listening to the fans, but I don't think there's enough people annoyed by the lack of Wii remote + nunchuck support for them to take their time and patch the game. I can see why some fans would be upset, but it really doesn't seem like a serious issue.

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts

starwarsjunky
Yup.
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"]

OreoMilkshake
Yup.

goody!
thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 thetravman
Member since 2003 • 3592 Posts

Just migrate to the Pro controller. It'll take an hour or two to get used to it.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

I have no issue with lack of Wii Motes. I have never played a MH game before. The MH3U Demo was my first time. I just want the camera fixed. As in a fixed camera.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
Didn't play Tri with the Wiimote, so its omission means nothing to me.
Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

Jaysonguy
I'm pretty sure its a port of the 3DS version of the Wii game, which uses similar assets but adds a lot of stuff and changes things and is scaled down for the 3DS. So technically its an up-port of a 3DS game that never supported the Wii controller, and the 3DS is a re-worked version of the Wii game.
soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 soundcellx
Member since 2006 • 976 Posts

wii

nini200

No game should have crappy gimmicky controls. The reason why I bought a Wii U is that it DID NOT HAVE MOTION CONTROLS! The GamePad is so sweet since it functions as a normal video game controller with dual analogs. In fact, there should be a patch for every and all Wii games that you can play them with a normal controller instead of crappy motion gimmicks.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

i hope they add them for people that played tri on wii a lot..

i never played it though so my adoption of the gamepad will be much easier...

im glad about the worldwide online.... now i can find people even at midnight!

BombingSystems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BombingSystems
Member since 2012 • 140 Posts

Yes the whole game can be played on the gamepad!

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#17 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

Sheesh just use the Pro controller if you want the oldschool feel that bad.

Personally I would take a second analog anyday over having to constantly push the 'center camera' button. I like the remotes, I just hate how fast they go through batteries. At least with the Pro controller or the Pad, you can leave it plugged in as you play.

J_Ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 J_Ford
Member since 2003 • 2246 Posts

That's why MH3 came with the CCP :P It was meant to be played with it.

I've played with the Wii Remote/Nunchuck on the demo and it was aweful, the game's not playable with that control scheme in my opinion. I don't understand how anyone could get any enjoyment out of playing the game like that. It's like playing SSBB with the Wii Remote, it just doesn't work.

When MH3U comes out, my wife and I will be using the CCP until we can afford to get a WiiU Pro Controller, unless the game comes with one as a bundle like MH3 did.

Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#19 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts

I have no issue with lack of Wii Motes. I have never played a MH game before. The MH3U Demo was my first time. I just want the camera fixed. As in a fixed camera.

Master_Of_Fools
I see this is your first MH but a fixed camera won't work. At most, it could use Z-lock camera, but that's not really necessary. There will be many targets and a fixed or locked camera can't do any good. I believe you need to play online with a bunch of hunters to realize how the different tasks and hazards may present requiring you to see in so many directions except to the main monster sometimes. I do miss Wiimote and is a shame but, at any rate, it makes sense that new players to series starting in a Wii U may not even have those controls. In any case, as Capcom is listening the community, I believe they can fix that in the future if not at launch. Regards.
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 enrique_marrodz

[QUOTE="nini200"]

wii

soundcellx

No game should have crappy gimmicky controls. The reason why I bought a Wii U is that it DID NOT HAVE MOTION CONTROLS! The GamePad is so sweet since it functions as a normal video game controller with dual analogs. In fact, there should be a patch for every and all Wii games that you can play them with a normal controller instead of crappy motion gimmicks.

This is, obviously, your opinion alone. I prefer Wiimote over every single control I've used in my long gamer life. Be it for motion controlled games or not, as it is a way more comfortable controller which, I hope, will be supported for years to come. It is great most games, even from the beginning of Wii's life, supported CC, for people who had a very closed mind and just can't adapt to a more intuitive controller option. GS is a fine example of such gamers doing reviews, when they couldn't even understand the controls and ended punishing games as TLoZ:SS. Regards.
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 enrique_marrodz

Personally I would take a second analog anyday over having to constantly push the 'center camera' button. I like the remotes, I just hate how fast they go through batteries. At least with the Pro controller or the Pad, you can leave it plugged in as you play.

svaubel
What kind of batteries do you use? My wiimotes keep playing for days without the need to change to a new rechargeable battery. And for the pad, the battery really sucks. I hate playing with the charger connected after 4 or 5 hours of playing. Regards.
soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 soundcellx

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

[QUOTE="nini200"]

wii

enrique_marrodz

This is, obviously, your opinion alone. I prefer Wiimote over every single control I've used in my long gamer life. Be it for motion controlled games or not, as it is a way more comfortable controller which, I hope, will be supported for years to come. It is great most games, even from the beginning of Wii's life, supported CC, for people who had a very closed mind and just can't adapt to a more intuitive controller option. GS is a fine example of such gamers doing reviews, when they couldn't even understand the controls and ended punishing games as TLoZ:SS. Regards.

Actually, millions of people share my opinion. 

Not sure how you could possibly love a gimmicky piece of crap that does not work correctly, the Wiimote is inaccurate and unresponsive. Normal controllers actually work and do what they are supposed to do. I love Nintendo since they make the best games and own many Wii games, that I love but force myself to play the controls, even though the motion controls often do not work correctly. 

Even without some of the worst controls of all time, Zelda Skyward Sword still had major problems such as recycled areas, linearity, small areas and no exploration, watered down, casual, etc. etc. Zelda is in my top 5 favorite series of all time, and Zelda SS and Majora's Mask are the worst Zeldas ever made. 

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nini200

[QUOTE="enrique_marrodz"][QUOTE="soundcellx"]

soundcellx

Actually, millions of people share my opinion. 

Not sure how you could possibly love a gimmicky piece of crap that does not work correctly, the Wiimote is inaccurate and unresponsive. Normal controllers actually work and do what they are supposed to do. I love Nintendo since they make the best games and own many Wii games, that I love but force myself to play the controls, even though the motion controls often do not work correctly. 

Even without some of the worst controls of all time, Zelda Skyward Sword still had major problems such as recycled areas, linearity, small areas and no exploration, watered down, casual, etc. etc. Zelda is in my top 5 favorite series of all time, and Zelda SS and Majora's Mask are the worst Zeldas ever made. 

:lol: "Gimmick gimmick gimmick" lol is that all you can really say as your opinion of the controls?  Do you even know what a gimmick is?  I would love to hear your full definition on what a gimmick is WITHOUT using a dictionary.  I don't believe you do lol and I truly think you're just using that word because you heard it from others that couldn't "Adjust/adapt" to the wiimote controls like some are saying I, and many others, should be forced to do even though you didn't like to.

What's wrong with having the option of using a control method that I, and many others, actually like?  You and many others are just downplaying the option (that will not affect you in any way mind you) of having a control method that was already done (and very well in my opinion) in Monster Hunter 3.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 nini200

[QUOTE="svaubel"]

enrique_marrodz

What kind of batteries do you use? My wiimotes keep playing for days without the need to change to a new rechargeable battery. And for the pad, the battery really sucks. I hate playing with the charger connected after 4 or 5 hours of playing. Regards.

Agreed, I use the charge station rechargeable batteries and those things last me all day.

Heck, even without being tethered to the system, the WiiMote lasts a whole lot longer than the 3 hour Gamepad :lol: You basically have to be plugged in to even use the gamepad with the terrible battery Nintendo put in that thing.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
people actually played with the wiimore/nunchuck? That's even worse than having to use the claw on the old psp games
thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 thetravman
Member since 2003 • 3592 Posts

people actually played with the wiimore/nunchuck? That's even worse than having to use the claw on the old psp gamesShinobishyguy

uh...I wouldn't say it's as bad as the PSP.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
people actually played with the wiimore/nunchuck? That's even worse than having to use the claw on the old psp gamesShinobishyguy
and alas, the fans of the PSP games are complaining that the claw on the 3DS is reversed, and kinda hard to pull. people get used to a control scheme, people want to use it again.
spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
I played MHTri with the Wii Remote & Nunchuck for a little bit, it was awful. The Classic Controller Pro was much better. While playing the Wii U demo of MH3U, the gamepad played much better than the Wii Remote & Nunchuck could ever hope, and the fact you can clear up the main screen of unwanted things such as items and the map was really nice, though I'm expecting the Wii U Pro Controller will end up been the best controller for the game.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 nini200
I played MHTri with the Wii Remote & Nunchuck for a little bit, it was awful. The Classic Controller Pro was much better. While playing the Wii U demo of MH3U, the gamepad played much better than the Wii Remote & Nunchuck could ever hope, and the fact you can clear up the main screen of unwanted things such as items and the map was really nice, though I'm expecting the Wii U Pro Controller will end up been the best controller for the game.spike6958
The moving Hud items down to the gamepad is one thing I do like about the Gamepad setup for this game as well as for other games like Assassin's Creed. It does make it look better.

I started off playing Tri with the WiiMote and Nunchuck and it was a good control method in my opinion. It's all about personal preference. To me, the WiiMote and Nunchuck setup worked great.
soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 soundcellx

"Gimmick gimmick gimmick" lol is that all you can really say as your opinion of the controls?  Do you even know what a gimmick is?  I would love to hear your full definition on what a gimmick is WITHOUT using a dictionary.nini200

no.

Definition of GIMMICK

1a : a mechanical device for secretly and dishonestly controlling gambling apparatus b : an ingenious or novel mechanical device : gadget2a : an important feature that is not immediately apparent :catch b : an ingenious and usually new scheme or angle c : a trick or device used to attract business or attention gimmick>
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 nini200

[QUOTE="nini200"]"Gimmick gimmick gimmick" lol is that all you can really say as your opinion of the controls?  Do you even know what a gimmick is?  I would love to hear your full definition on what a gimmick is WITHOUT using a dictionary.soundcellx

no.

Definition of GIMMICK

1a : a mechanical device for secretly and dishonestly controlling gambling apparatus b : an ingenious or novel mechanical device : gadget2a : an important feature that is not immediately apparent :catch b : an ingenious and usually new scheme or angle c : a trick or device used to attract business or attention gimmick>

So my point stands. You don't know what a gimmick is without using a dictionary and you just were using that word because others were using it. And by that definition, every controller after the first ever controller is a gimmick then. :lol:
soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 soundcellx

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]

[QUOTE="nini200"]"Gimmick gimmick gimmick" lol is that all you can really say as your opinion of the controls?  Do you even know what a gimmick is?  I would love to hear your full definition on what a gimmick is WITHOUT using a dictionary.nini200

no.

Definition of GIMMICK

So my point stands. You don't know what a gimmick is without using a dictionary and you just were using that word because others were using it. And by that definition, every controller after the first ever controller is a gimmick then. :lol:

How is a normal controller a trick?

How is a normal controller used to attract business or attention? Everyone expects a normal video game controller to play video games.  

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ANIMEguy10034

How is a normal controller a trick?

How is a normal controller used to attract business or attention? Everyone expects a normal video game controller to play video games.  

soundcellx

Video game controllers used to only have a joystick and one or two buttons. The D-pad, shoulder buttons, analog sticks, touch controls, and motion controls were all created to attract business or attraction and provide new ways to play video games.

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 soundcellx

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]How is a normal controller a trick?

ANIMEguy10034

Video game controllers used to only have a joystick and one or two buttons. The D-pad, shoulder buttons, analog sticks, touch controls, and motion controls were all created to attract business or attraction and provide new ways to play video games.

Not just new ways to play, but the best way to play, with the best and most solid controls. Dual analog controllers are the norm now. No gimmick. Also, the Wii U gamepad, I do not consider it a gimmick since it's actually a solid controller with normal controls and a handy second screen in the middle that is actually useful and good, unlike motion controls.

Motion controls are a gimmick because they have not been around in the mainstream before and people thought they were really neat, but the motion control fad wore off pretty quickly when people realized how inaccurate and unresponsive motion controls are and that they are garbage.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ANIMEguy10034

You think that motion controls are gimmicks now just like how people thought analog sticks where gimmicks back then. It takes time for us to get used to them and then the next new thing becomes a "gimmick".

The fad isn't over yet; the three main consoles still support motion controls, as well as the 3DS and PS Vita. The blame for inaccurate and unresponsive motion controls goes to the developer of the game. Developers are finally realizing that it's only an option, that forcing motion controls is a bad idea and it works best for specific types of games. No one would want motion controls on a highly competitive fighting game, but most people would agree that motion controls feel great for 1:1 swordplay and sports.

Also, there's no such thing as normal controls. Video game controllers are always evolving. If you weren't informed, the Wii U gamepad and the PS4 controller both use gyroscopes and accelerometers for motion controls.

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 soundcellx

You think that motion controls are gimmicks now just like how people thought analog sticks where gimmicks back then. It takes time for us to get used to them and then the next new thing becomes a "gimmick".ANIMEguy10034

dual analogs were never gimmicks because they improved controls. One usually controls a camera and the other movement. Nothing gimmicky about that or improved controls in games. 

The fad isn't over yet; the three main consoles still support motion controls, as well as the 3DS and PS Vita. The blame for inaccurate and unresponsive motion controls goes to the developer of the game. Developers are finally realizing that it's only an option, that forcing motion controls is a bad idea and it works best for specific types of games. No one would want motion controls on a highly competitive fighting game, but most people would agree that motion controls feel great for 1:1 swordplay and sports.

Also, there's no such thing as normal controls. Video game controllers are always evolving. If you weren't informed, the Wii U gamepad and the PS4 controller both use gyroscopes and accelerometers for motion controls.

ANIMEguy10034

Sorry but I do not consider not flailing your arms around like a moron (with the Wii U, PS3 DS3, 3DS, PS4, etc.), like with the Wii. With the Wii you were forced to flail your arms around like a moron. I do not consider shaking a controller on the same level as motion controls as the gimmick Wiimote garbage.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ANIMEguy10034

Analogs WERE considered as gimmicks when they were first introduced. Motion controls also improved the controls for some games. Not all games since, like I said before, motion controls work best for specific types of games (sports, swordplay, FPS, party/dance games, etc). As a comparison, analogs did not improve the controls for 2D fighting games; many people prefer using the D-Pad and/or the arcade joystick.

Since when were motion controls exclusive to the wagglefest in many Wii games? Unnecessary waggle is garbage, everyone knows that, but not all motion control games use waggle or make you flail your arms.

*tries to go back to topic*

Although Tri's motion controls were not the best, they did not force you to flail your arms like a maniac and some players actually prefer motion controls over the Pro controller or gamepad.

soundcellx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 soundcellx

Analogs WERE considered as gimmicks when they were first introduced. Motion controls also improved the controls for some games. Not all games since, like I said before, motion controls work best for specific types of games (sports, swordplay, FPS, party/dance games, etc). As a comparison, analogs did not improve the controls for 2D fighting games; many people prefer using the D-Pad and/or the arcade joystick.

Since when were motion controls exclusive to the wagglefest in many Wii games? Unnecessary waggle is garbage, everyone knows that, but not all motion control games use waggle or make you flail your arms.

Although Tri's motion controls were not the best, they did not force you to flail your arms like a maniac and some players actually prefer motion controls over the Pro controller or gamepad.

ANIMEguy10034

Analogs were never considered gimmicks, but whatever...continue on lying, it's okay.

Something that improves upon something cannot be a gimmick. Also, some dual analogs have d pads. 

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ANIMEguy10034

But according to the definition you provided, analogs were gimmicks. When Nintendo introduced the analog stick with the N64, it was not only used to improve movement in games, but also attracted customers into buying this new device.

Also, the definition you provided does not say anything about gimmicks being unable to improve upon something.

Finally, you seem to give the word a negative connotation, when in reality, there's nothing wrong with gimmicks.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

[QUOTE="Master_Of_Fools"]I have no issue with lack of Wii Motes. I have never played a MH game before. The MH3U Demo was my first time. I just want the camera fixed. As in a fixed camera.enrique_marrodz
I see this is your first MH but a fixed camera won't work. At most, it could use Z-lock camera, but that's not really necessary. There will be many targets and a fixed or locked camera can't do any good. I believe you need to play online with a bunch of hunters to realize how the different tasks and hazards may present requiring you to see in so many directions except to the main monster sometimes. I do miss Wiimote and is a shame but, at any rate, it makes sense that new players to series starting in a Wii U may not even have those controls. In any case, as Capcom is listening the community, I believe they can fix that in the future if not at launch. Regards.

I just want it so Im seeing the direction my character is looking.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 nini200

[QUOTE="ANIMEguy10034"]

[QUOTE="soundcellx"]How is a normal controller a trick?

soundcellx

Not just new ways to play, but the best way to play, with the best and most solid controls. Dual analog controllers are the norm now. No gimmick. Also, the Wii U gamepad, I do not consider it a gimmick since it's actually a solid controller with normal controls and a handy second screen in the middle that is actually useful and good, unlike motion controls.

Motion controls are a gimmick because they have not been around in the mainstream before and people thought they were really neat, but the motion control fad wore off pretty quickly when people realized how inaccurate and unresponsive motion controls are and that they are garbage.

Oh so when it's something that benefits your opinion of what's a good control method, it's not a gimmick but when others seem to like a control method better, then it's a gimmick. I see your logic now :lol:

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 nini200

You think that motion controls are gimmicks now just like how people thought analog sticks where gimmicks back then. It takes time for us to get used to them and then the next new thing becomes a "gimmick".

ANIMEguy10034
100% correct
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#43 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

But according to the definition you provided, analogs were gimmicks. When Nintendo introduced the analog stick with the N64, it was not only used to improve movement in games, but also attracted customers into buying this new device.

Also, the definition you provided does not say anything about gimmicks being unable to improve upon something.

Finally, you seem to give the word a negative connotation, when in reality, there's nothing wrong with gimmicks.

ANIMEguy10034

He's only here to start arguments.

Also he's a casual so he doesn't exactly know what you're talking about.

Go tell him about Wii Sports and he'll be mesmerized lol

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 nini200

[QUOTE="ANIMEguy10034"]

soundcellx

Analogs were never considered gimmicks, but whatever...continue on lying, it's okay.

Something that improves upon something cannot be a gimmick. Also, some dual analogs have d pads. 

:lol: you just can't accept the fact that Analogs WERE considered gimmicks before Ape Escape came out. Ape Escape came out and people were still used to the Playstation controller with no analogsor is this a bit over your head?  You must have forgotten about this controller?

ps1 controller

But then when the ps1 dual analog controller came out, people were looking at 2 analogs as if it was absolutely unplayable and just 1 analog was the norm such as the n64 controller or the sega dreamcast controller or the sega saturn analog controller that came with nights.

n64 controller

dc controller

saturn controller

All with ONE analog.  Dual Analogs was in fact, a gimmick when it came out yet people like yourself got used to them and now you don't "CONSIDER", as you stated, them to be gimmicks even though, in fact, they were.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
Everything about gaming is a gimmick, from the controllers, to the graphics, to things like online play and DLC.
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#46 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

Why would anyone want to play Monster Hunter with a WiiMote and Nunchuk? :|

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 nini200

Michael0134567
Because not everybody started Monster Hunter when it originally started, like myself, and because the WiiMote and Nunchuck was a good control method for it. Not knocking classic controls because alot of people used that method as well.
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#48 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts
[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

nini200
Because not everybody started Monster Hunter when it originally started, like myself, and because the WiiMote and Nunchuck was a good control method for it. Not knocking classic controls because alot of people used that method as well.

I really don't see how it could be a good control method. I tried using it and it just wasn't fun.
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
I was under the impression that most people disliked the WiiMote controls in Tri.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 nini200
[QUOTE="nini200"][QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

Michael0134567

I really don't see how it could be a good control method. I tried using it and it just wasn't fun.

And that's your opinion and there is nothing wrong with that. I used them and they worked great and was very fun.