• 126 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 nintendoman562
Member since 2007 • 5593 Posts
I've said it before and I'll say it again - Melee is better. Brawl hasn't given me what Melee did and I don't think it ever will. The techniques we know now will probably be the same ones we're using in five years.ZumaJones07
let me guess, your one of those people who thinks melee is better because of a few game exploits and mewtwo (a character that nobody played as and nobody liked) being removed, right? Those things were removed for the better.
vwgti3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 vwgti3
Member since 2004 • 118 Posts
Melee was Fun when It came out, what 7 years ago but brawl is better with more of just everything overal but the only thing that better with melee is the fact that is the fights are faster
Mario-Sonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Mario-Sonic
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Ive had all three and Brawl is definitely without a doubt the best. The fights were better on melee but Brawl is just so good!!
Pices

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 Pices
Member since 2005 • 3910 Posts
So...some people are saying that Melee is better than Brawl maybe because they win more in Melee than in Brawl ?
DudesDontDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 DudesDontDude
Member since 2008 • 65 Posts
Brawl due to online play.
Cookie1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Cookie1337
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
If It's judged on initial impact then Melee wins hands down, but judging on gameplay and pretty much everything else Brawl is the superior game.
Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts
Brawl, it still retains the core gameplay of Melee and adds quite a few new and improved features. People only like Melee better because it was that improved Smash Bros. experience and it lasted 6 years, so they may feel the experience Melee had and maintained has worn off.
Felmo_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Felmo_07
Member since 2007 • 283 Posts

Brawl is the best one of the series for me. The 64 version was great and i played more hours on that then i did with the other versions but i found it a bit easy after a while which is where melee is better. Melee imporves on the 64 verison by making it more difficult and adding a ton of new unlockables like the characters. However the main problem that i had with melee was the fact that even with all the new characters i could only find 1 character that i liked (Marth) and so i was dissapointed with the character selection which is where brawl comes in.

Brawl combines the fun of the 64 verion and the difficulty of Melle to give a great game with a ton of new characters that i like and im sure i will be playing this game untill i have false teeth

Yo-gan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Yo-gan
Member since 2006 • 1878 Posts

good to see someone who played as much smash bros as me ;)

I feel Brawl is more polished game. Yes its a bit slower and yes the removed wave dashing etc, but it was done for a reason. to make the game more balanced.

Yo-gan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Yo-gan
Member since 2006 • 1878 Posts

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="VGobbsesser"]

I wish they could have sped up the pace a bit closer to Melee's pace,yet still have the near-perfect amount of balance that Brawl currently has.It might or might not be possible,but I would have liked to see it happen.

VGobbsesser
i also wish they could have done this. at this stage i dont even notice the slow down anymore but when i play melee i notce it big time. If only Brawl was a little faster..
Squire_Ramza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#61 Squire_Ramza
Member since 2007 • 1239 Posts

So...some people are saying that Melee is better than Brawl maybe because they win more in Melee than in Brawl ?Pices

I'm better at Brawl than Melee, I just believe Melee was the superior game due to the advanced techniques, speed, combo's, and combat over all which rewarded the increadibly skilled players. Sure the tiers were incredibly inbalanced but remember, you can use who ever you want. I mained Link in Melee who isn't anywhere near the top. The people who only stick to someone because their in a good tier are the ones who I believe get the least fun out of the game.

Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts
I've owned all of them but I think Brawl is my favorite. It has the largest roster (which is the main reason why I like it the most) but they made some "improvements" with Brawl that I didn't really like. I loved Melee. Me and my friends used to play the 99 stock matches without breaks. I can't say I've done that with Brawl... The main reason I like Brawl the most though is because of Snake. He's just so badass you can't help but love the fact that he's in there.
Avatar image for Louis_Routledge
Louis_Routledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Louis_Routledge
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts
Graphics, stages, WFC, characters. Nuff said.
Pices

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Pices
Member since 2005 • 3910 Posts

[QUOTE="Pices"]So...some people are saying that Melee is better than Brawl maybe because they win more in Melee than in Brawl ?Squire_Ramza

I'm better at Brawl than Melee, I just believe Melee was the superior game due to the advanced techniques, speed, combo's, and combat over all which rewarded the increadibly skilled players. Sure the tiers were incredibly inbalanced but remember, you can use who ever you want. I mained Link in Melee who isn't anywhere near the top. The people who only stick to someone because their in a good tier are the ones who I believe get the least fun out of the game.

Well , you can look at characters like Bowser , DK , G&W and C.Falcon who were really horrible in Melee . But now in Brawl , they have improved and people have started maining them . It's a good idea that the developers have created every character equally making every one of them have his/her strengths and weaknesses .

sbrankin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 sbrankin
Brawl beats all the other Smash Bros hands down.
Larrybutzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Larrybutzz
Member since 2008 • 42 Posts

Brawl has better visuals, the character's mesh into the universe much better. The music is godlike, while mele's music was hard to notice. THe gameplay added more stuff and took out some ussless things (Wavedashing was not good.) And the roster is excusetly balanced, in additon to the fact that it has semi-functioning online.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 demontium
Member since 2008 • 380 Posts

Brawl > nin64 > melee

hands down no arguing

bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#68 bowserjr123
Member since 2006 • 2478 Posts

If Brawl came out before Melee, I would've liked it better. Brawl feels more like an expansion pack to Melee.

I also think Melee's adventure mode, even though it's shorter than Subspace, is more fun to play due to the variety of things you get to do and the fact that it isn't repetitive.

Squire_Ramza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Squire_Ramza
[QUOTE="Squire_Ramza"]

[QUOTE="Pices"]So...some people are saying that Melee is better than Brawl maybe because they win more in Melee than in Brawl ?Pices

Well , you can look at characters like Bowser , DK , G&W and C.Falcon who were really horrible in Melee . But now in Brawl , they have improved and people have started maining them . It's a good idea that the developers have created every character equally making every one of them have his/her strengths and weaknesses .

Captain Falcon was good in Melee (watch movies on youtube), they nerfed him in brawl and buffed Pikachu who was already pretty decent, theres still some imbalances in Brawl

Ponchi182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Ponchi182
Member since 2008 • 53 Posts
Brawl Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dmil1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#71 dmil1991
Member since 2007 • 1016 Posts

Brawl > Melee > 64.

Each sequel has improved upon the previous game. I assume SSB4 will fix the problems with Brawl: better online, more varied stage builder, etc.

katie667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 katie667
Member since 2008 • 205 Posts
i like brawl and the 64
Jdog30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Jdog30
Member since 2008 • 4509 Posts

Graphics, stages, WFC, characters. Nuff said.Louis_Routledge
Brawl is better, i already sold Melee

brawl has stage builder, more and dif. characters, easy to take pictures, better graphics

Avatar image for King_of_Stories
King_of_Stories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 King_of_Stories
I really like all of the smash games so far. Brawl is definitely the best one. Melee was the worst one. The n64 one had the best opening movie. Sure, the ton of stages and different characters, from the obscure to the ones that were completely unecessary, made Melee feel like everything time I played it, I would unlock something. But there was something always missing, the game had no meat. Everything felt bare. The n64 game at least felt complete. Brawl kinda reclaimed the lost magic when I first played Super Smash Bros. Almost. I miss the platform minigame.
Leopold_Stotch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Leopold_Stotch
Member since 2007 • 717 Posts
brawl is the worst out of the three. 64 and melee both had greater fighting depth. brawl is more fluff which appeals more to the general population.
Squire_Ramza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Squire_Ramza

brawl is the worst out of the three. 64 and melee both had greater fighting depth. brawl is more fluff which appeals more to the general population.Leopold_Stotch

I agree with the lack of fighting depth and fluff but I wouldn't say its the worst. I find 64 to be the most boring due to its lack of many things such as the worst recovery system and tiny charcter roster. It's not a bad game but I don't get much enjoyment out of it.

rockerking9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#77 rockerking9
Member since 2008 • 199 Posts
Personally, Brawl bested them all with the graphics and it's superior gameplay and characters. People overrate melee way too much!
Dn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Dn2
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

melee is better. why?

most of u who like brawl more are new to smash or never got to the more advanced side of things.

brawl is slow. its even slower to me cause i use L-canceling and other Advanced Techniques to gain more speed and momentum. but this is more on the competitive side of things. it a very fast game and there a whole mind gaming thing u see from the pros. if u just want to have wild fun stick to brawl.

brawl is also real sluggish and if u thing its more balanced, its not. but you will find that out on your own.

brawl is fun to play but melee separates the "men" from the "ducks".;)

melee has no on-line. its only fault in my opinion.

if u like fighting games, being competitive, speed,then melee all the way. nothing wrong with brawl, melee's just better.(for me).

smash bros 64 = best

smash melee = great game , could be as good or better than the 64 ver.

smash brawl = good game, but cant touch the others.

(and the newest game always have the best graphics not always the best game play;))

*(dies from typing)

Dn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Dn2
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slmS3M5CD2U

SuperSmashBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 SuperSmashBro1
Member since 2008 • 14243 Posts
Brawl!Are you joking?!Brawl is winning,140 to 26 to 9 to 4 to 2.I own all and brawl is the best.
Dion4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Dion4ever
Member since 2008 • 680 Posts

I think that, variety and content wise, Super Smash Bros. Brawl is the way to go. It has much more content, and is more bigger a game overall.

Gameplay wise, Super Smash Bros, on the Nintendo 64. This is the true Super Smash Bros.! This is the game out of the three that really requires skill, and even though I didn't really play Super Smash Bros. Melee, due to myself not owning a Nintendo Gamecube, I still think that even Super Smash Bros. Melee required more skill than Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

So I guess you could say all of them are good, but it depends what you want. I think that as the series continues, it's becoming more of a game that is easier to pick up, but harder to master.

Avatar image for KevComesRipping
KevComesRipping

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#82 KevComesRipping
Member since 2003 • 686 Posts

melee is better. why?

most of u who like brawl more are new to smash or never got to the more advanced side of things.

brawl is slow. its even slower to me cause i use L-canceling and other Advanced Techniques to gain more speed and momentum. but this is more on the competitive side of things. it a very fast game and there a whole mind gaming thing u see from the pros. if u just want to have wild fun stick to brawl.

brawl is also real sluggish and if u thing its more balanced, its not. but you will find that out on your own.

brawl is fun to play but melee separates the "men" from the "ducks".;)

melee has no on-line. its only fault in my opinion.

if u like fighting games, being competitive, speed,then melee all the way. nothing wrong with brawl, melee's just better.(for me).

smash bros 64 = best

smash melee = great game , could be as good or better than the 64 ver.

smash brawl = good game, but cant touch the others.

(and the newest game always have the best graphics not always the best game play;))

*(dies from typing)

Dn2

So I've played hours and hours and hours of Melee, but now I prefer Brawl, and I dominate my friends. Am I a duck?

Go back and actually play Melee, Brawl is smoother and superior in just about every facet, I realize this is your opinion, so I'm re-upping my own.

TKandPBC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 TKandPBC
Member since 2005 • 1431 Posts
bump :) Seeing that the "new" factor should be about diminished by now, I wanted to see what you guys really think about these two games. Since this topic has covered so much, I figured it would be better to bump this up than to create something new. What I found is that, with all the hype for Brawl during it's release, there would be some bias from people getting caught up in the hype. However, now that it's settled in, I was wondering what you guys thought. IMO, I don't like the gameplay change. Sure Brawl just outclasses Melee in terms of features (online, subspace, etc.), but the hectic nature of Melee is what made it such a blast to play. Brawl has been slowed down so much, and characters considered to be OP in melee have been toned down to the point that I dont enjoy using them anymore. I've been spent far too long in the selection screen trying to find someone to use, and have selected Random more times already than I have in my many, many hours of melee. I understand that some things were unbalanced, but it added to the game in a great way. A Falcon knee was supposed to be game changing, Shiek was supposed move like lightning and be dependent on aerial attacks to KO, a match with fox was supposed to be thrilling in its own right. Now, a good portion of this stuff is gone. Let me reiterate that content wise, Brawl owns Melee. But the subtle intricacies in gameplay such as l-canceling, teching and wavedashing are gone. The new physics engine sort of makes up for it, but it shoots itself in the foot with all the tripping. Guys, Brawl is a great game, and chances are it won't be forgotten for a long time. But when I got Melee, I played it nonstop. NON-STOP. I could not stop playing if i tried. With Brawl, it only comes out when the family is over and they want something that four people can play. But that's just me. What do you guys think?
umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#84 umcommon
Member since 2007 • 2503 Posts
Brawl>Melee>>>64 IMO they have gotten better with each edition. 64 is good but way too slow and limited to compare with Melee or Brawl, for it's time it was great though.
commonercoffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 commonercoffee
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Topics like these are the reason why I made my Gamespot account.

Opinions are opinions but I have to say Melee is the far superior game.

First thing I would like to address is Brawl's extreme imbalance. Meta Knight and Snake are way beyond the level of any other character and Meta Knight is broken to the point that many people are calling for the ban of him. On the polls of smashboards(A forum for high level players of all Smash), the general community always voted for a ban on him because he's just that ridiculous. Snake is like that to a lesser extent. That's not saying that it's impossible for the lower tier characters to win but it takes them much more effort and training.

Melee has tiers and its imbalances too but at the top level of play, these tiers make much less differences. At Genesis(Largest Melee tournament ever, with players around the world attending) 1st and 2nd place were taken by high tier users(Jiggypuff and Peach mains) The top 5(Jiggypuff, Peach, Jiggypuff, Falco, Marth) didn't even feature a Fox main which is Melee's best character. This showcases the diversity at top level Melee. On the other hand, lets look at the top 5 of Genesis. 1. Snake 2-4.Metaknight 5 Diddy. The top spots were taken by the top tiers, showing how much less diverse the competitive Brawl scene is.

Of course, this only applies to people who play the game competitively. Brawl is probably the better game for the casual players since it has so many more features but to me, Melee wins in pure gameplay, which is what I think people play fighters for. Faster gameplay, combos, deep fighting system, more neutral stage variety, etc etc.

bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts

Brawl for me. I love Melee its just that I feel Brawl is the superior version.

PsychikWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 PsychikWind
Member since 2009 • 46 Posts

I enjoyed Brawl the most.

wildjango64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 wildjango64
Member since 2009 • 3537 Posts

I enjoyed Brawl the most

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#89 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

Let me tell you all a story about Super Smash Bros. It's an awesome series that manages to capture the pick up and play feel that many devs want and the strategic mastery that many players want. The great thing about it thus far is that each successive entry has been better than the one that came before it.

Super Smash Bros was good.

Super Smash Bros. Melee was better than the original.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl is better than Melee.

Melee is the more significant game in the series when compared to Brawl, but the amount of content and the quality of it found in Brawl outdoes everything the series has done so far. If you've never played a Smash game than Brawl is the only entry you'll ever need. Sure, a few characters like Mewtwo and Roy go MIA but that's a small price to pay when the end result is so good.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#90 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Melee. But that doesn't mean I hate the other 2 games.

I enjoy Smash because it was the one that started it all and honestly It was fun to beat other Nintendo Characters.

Melee was Fast and Me, my Sister, and My Brother would play as Dr. Mario, Roy, and Mewtwo nearly all the time. (those three characters are why I love the game)

Brawl was great for Online Play, Stage Creation, and a Story line.

painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 painguy1
Member since 2007 • 8686 Posts

I prefer Brawl. its kinda link the situation with OOT. OOT was a revolutionary game & because of that people cant let go of it, but in reality the every new zelda that has come out has improved on the previous in everyway. Samething with the Mario series. 64 was great, but every other new mario has improved greatly over the previous. Last but no least the smash bros series. the only reason people are stuck on melee is because it greatly improved upon 64 & Brawl didnt change much except the graphics & characters, but it still did improve upon its predecessor.

Dycras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Dycras
Member since 2009 • 1226 Posts

Don't worry TC, everyone knows its true, its just the melee fanboys that figured out those glitches and tricks that hate brawl because they took them out to make the game better and just make up lame excuses :P

Dycras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Dycras
Member since 2009 • 1226 Posts

Btw I'm not saying though which everyone should prefer, since some people prefer melee for its more fast paced action and not for fanboy reasons. I'm just saying that brawl is the better game still, even if you prefer melee pace.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#94 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Don't worry TC, everyone knows its true, its just the melee fanboys that figured out those glitches and tricks that hate brawl because they took them out to make the game better and just make up lame excuses :P

Dycras

Some people need to Adapt to the next game.

Even though I perfer Melee doesn't mean I don't like Brawl. I love it!

I usually perfer the 2nd games than the 3rd and the 1st.

It's just me.

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#95 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts
Brawl didn't just didn't get me addicted like the other two. Probably because I'm too used to online play now and Brawl's online was a kick in the balls. So I'll say Melee.
Stuffed_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Stuffed_Monkey
Member since 2007 • 1436 Posts

This is how the rating goes for me.

64>Melee>Brawl

Steel_Rain777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#97 Steel_Rain777
Member since 2007 • 1776 Posts

I think the only thing I like more about Melee, is the sound effects. Brawl has weak-ass sound effects(especially when someone gets a bat thrown to their face). In a beat-em up/fighter these are very important to me.... but thats just me

Master_Hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#98 Master_Hermes
Member since 2003 • 5913 Posts

If I may be a little poetic (i.e. douchey): The weak are blinded by the happy memories of days gone past. The people who think Melee is a better game are such people. Hell, I know people who will refuse to play either and demand to play the 64 because they think that turd is actually an amazing game, it was barely good for its time. Brawl, like Melee before it, is light years ahead of its predecessor. But, as long as there's at least that one guy who plays Twilight Princess, scoffs, then claims that Ocarina of Time is superior then this kind of problem will persist.

suntaice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 suntaice
Member since 2006 • 786 Posts

Technically, Brawl is better, but I was addicted to melee more even though I did not own the game as I played the game at my friends house.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#100 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

i can play 64 and brawl online so i prefer both of those but i find 64 the best because it has much more charm.