Are you as happy with your Wii now as you were when you first got it?

• 97 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rubber-chicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 rubber-chicken
Member since 2009 • 2081 Posts

When I first got the Wii, it seemed like "THE" console. The GameCube's successor, with motion controls, and a new Zelda game right off the bat, it was pretty awesome. But do you feel that way about it now? I still love the Wii, but it hasn't kept me too amazed like it did when I first got it. How about you guys? Still just as satisfied?

Hungry_Jello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Hungry_Jello
Member since 2008 • 3024 Posts

Not as happy but still slightly satisfied.

TheSmitto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 TheSmitto
Member since 2008 • 1898 Posts

I'm still very pleased. I chose a wii more for the first party titles than the motion controls (which seemed very cool, and will continue to be with the addition of motionplus.) As long as exclusive quality titles continue to be released, I'll be just as satisfied.

Stuffed_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Stuffed_Monkey
Member since 2007 • 1436 Posts

Not really. The only time I usually go on is to check the Everybody Votes Channel and the Check Mii Out Channel. Hopefully when the new super mario bros comes out, it will spark the use of my Wii.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c37d3adcd094
deactivated-5c37d3adcd094

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5c37d3adcd094
Member since 2006 • 8362 Posts

I hate to say "the novelty has worn off", but it sorta has.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1
deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1
Member since 2009 • 2436 Posts

No not at all. The Wii started out great and now its just horrible and I plan to sell it soon. Anyone who says they'd rather have the Wii over a 360 or PS3 is just a kid whose parents won't buy them another console...

snover2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#7 snover2009
Member since 2008 • 1730 Posts
I will be happier with my Wii on Tuesday. The Conduit FTW!!!
moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 moltenix
Member since 2008 • 2487 Posts
I'm actually alot happier with it now than when I first got it. :)
Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

As of RIGHT NOW, no. When I first got the Wii, I had Super Mario Galaxy waiting for it in my room, and I had patiently been waiting over a year to get the system in my hands. That's not to say I don't still enjoy the system, though. I only wish I could build on my collection more swiftly right about now. :P

snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 snowman6251
Member since 2006 • 5321 Posts
no only because when I first got my wii I felt like the N64 kid
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
More happy now than I was at launch. The library is fantastic, my favourite library of games this generation.
George_M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 George_M
Member since 2007 • 212 Posts

Happier. It was fun from the beginning (I got mine 2 years ago), but this year the Wii really seems to coming into its own. The game library is getting more solid by the month, and the future looks bright. Based on my brief experience with Tiger Woods 10, Wii Motion+ looks like it can add a new dimension to Wii games and I hope developers put it to good use.

There's never been a better time to own a Wii. I think it's finally living up to its promise.

aceplayer97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 aceplayer97
Member since 2007 • 35 Posts

No : (, I'm so angry and I question myself everyday why didn't I listen to my dad and buy a 360. But once in a while the Wii still provides to be fun and exciting.

-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 -Oath
Member since 2008 • 8014 Posts

More happy now than I was at launch. The library is fantastic, my favourite library of games this generation.Haziqonfire

I feel the same exact way.

teknic1200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 teknic1200
Member since 2007 • 3191 Posts
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]More happy now than I was at launch. The library is fantastic, my favourite library of games this generation.

this. and i'm not a kid who can't get a different console. don't believe the hype. if you can't find games you're not looking. only my wii gets played daily.
Yojimbo25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#16 Yojimbo25
Member since 2005 • 535 Posts

I sat in line the night it first came out, was excited as hell. Now i wish I hadn't bought the thing, cause now all it does is sit there. I haven't bought a game for it in 8 months.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#17 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
Well I don't think anyone is has happy or excited as the first time you tear into the box and play it for the first time. But this could be said with any console. I still like playing it though.
Yojimbo25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#18 Yojimbo25
Member since 2005 • 535 Posts

I will be happier with my Wii on Tuesday. The Conduit FTW!!!snover2009
No kidding, it will mark the first time in months that i will purchase a Wii game.

1-Up_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 1-Up_Gamer
Member since 2009 • 483 Posts

Yes, and it'll only get bigger later this year with NSMBW and the two games after that.

valgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 valgear
Member since 2005 • 2087 Posts

I haven't touched my Wii in like 6-7 months. I loved it when I first got it at launch, but it wore off soon after.

whosgotthe311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 whosgotthe311
Member since 2003 • 665 Posts

No not at all. The Wii started out great and now its just horrible and I plan to sell it soon. Anyone who says they'd rather have the Wii over a 360 or PS3 is just a kid whose parents won't buy them another console...

ColdP1zza

I have a 360 and a Wii, if you told me I had to pick one, I would take the Wii. Last year was pretty bad for software but it gave me a chance to catch up on some things that I missed and now there are a lot of new titles coming out in the next 6 months that are going to be must haves.

DDRMom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DDRMom
Member since 2008 • 1360 Posts
[QUOTE="teknic1200"][QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]More happy now than I was at launch. The library is fantastic, my favourite library of games this generation.

this. and i'm not a kid who can't get a different console. don't believe the hype. if you can't find games you're not looking. only my wii gets played daily.

My wii gets played daily as well. The only thing that would make me happie would be if I had enough money for all the games that I want. :)
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 haziqonfire

My wii gets played daily as well. The only thing that would make me happie would be if I had enough money for all the games that I want. :)DDRMom

So true.

There is SO much content on the Wii alone its so hard to get everything you want.

On top of that I own a DS and a 360 - so it just adds on more. Its not fair :(

awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

I was way more happy then. I still love my Wii, but I was like, "OMG ZELDA, THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVER!". Also, I loved Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam. Pretty good multiplayer for the time.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
It's hard to top starting off with a Zelda but with two new Mario titles and a new Metroid coming I couldn't be happier. My suggestions to those who are not happy, get more games and you will be.
DDRMom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DDRMom

So true.

There is SO much content on the Wii alone its so hard to get everything you want.

On top of that I own a DS and a 360 - so it just adds on more. Its not fair :( Haziqonfire

Didn't your mother ever tell you life's not fair? LOL ;)

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 haziqonfire

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]So true.

On top of that I own a DS and a 360 - so it just adds on more. Its not fair :( DDRMom

Didn't your mother ever tell you life's not fair? LOL ;)

haha, that made me laugh really loud.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts

ColdP1zza
Uh newsflash genious, the Wii came out AFTER both the PS3 and 360 so many people when they bought it was infact choosing the Wii over those two consoles. I did, I got the other two consoles later because I wanted to play the exclusives, but if I had to choose one, it would be hands down the Wii. Because I will always choose Mario, Zelda and Metroid over Uncharted, God of War, Halo and Gears or War.
HOMIE_G64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#29 HOMIE_G64
Member since 2005 • 1482 Posts

I was way more happy then. I still love my Wii, but I was like, "OMG ZELDA, THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVER!". Also, I loved Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam. Pretty good multiplayer for the time.

Agreed. Out of curiosity, those who play their Wii everyday... what do you play? Are you beating Metroid for the 7th time, or Super Mario Galaxy for the 8th? Mario Kart Wii gets a little boring after a while and Brawl's online is an absolute joke. Unless you actually have a "life" and only play Brawl for an hour a day with your friends, everyday, I really don't see anything on the Wii that sustains enjoyment. And yeah, the Wii was dastuff back then. Red Steel looked awesome, and everybody was talking about the next Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Then, the release is almost like a tragedy story. Brawl got delayed, Nintendo changed the name of the console, and Red Steel sucked (broke up a lot of Red Steel LAN parties, which is ironic as Red Steel didn't even have LAN capabilities). Nintendo threw us a few bones (the Zelda, Mario, Metroid combo... but no F-Zero or Star Fox or any other oldies), then completely forgot about the hardcore group. Honestly, the Wii-Mote sounded so awesome, to the extent that the word has to be italicized. I thought it was going to be the Revolution! When it was released, it was nothing more than a gimmick. The sensing was pretty off, so all the developers completely gave up on awesome ideas and just gave us games with tacked on controls. I guess it works kinda well as a pointer, but that is about it. Honestly, after the Wii (and Crysis), I have been much more wary of hype. I don't buy a shred of it anymore and always buy older games that have been time-tested.
AmadSquirrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 AmadSquirrel
Member since 2009 • 28 Posts

Really i am more pleased with my wii now than i was when i first bought it, even more with all the upcoming titles for it :)

Avatar image for 228623477423185005978085524869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 228623477423185005978085524869
Member since 2009 • 604 Posts

as passionate as ever.

Michael-Smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Michael-Smith
Member since 2009 • 909 Posts
I'm actually more happy with it now than I was when I first got it.
ronisize15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 ronisize15
Member since 2008 • 143 Posts
Lets see the Wii is the only console that continues to improve!. The wii has numerous styles of games to choose from. Want something for the family you got it, want a sport game you got (hockey aside, thats coming too), etc. Look at the list for what is coming out for the wii it is great! For all these peps who don't play their wii anymore than why do you look at this message board? LETS NOT FORGET ABOUT THE VIRTUAL CONSOLE! Which for every late 20-30 year old male who didn't save their nintendo and snes systems has a great chance to revisit games and some you might not have never played until now. Yeah the Wii kicks butt and appeals to the majority and is great. Haters hate on, wii just like cockroaches never dying always Living! I hope you understand I am still happy with my wii.
Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

More-so then I was when I got mine on launch day, seeing as how many fantastic looking games are coming.

TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TaMuK711
Member since 2009 • 3367 Posts

Heck yes I'm happy! Though I do miss that happy feeling of first taking it out of the box, all the great third party games coming out lately:

The Conduit,

RedSteel 2(amg M+ sword),

Tiger Woods 10,

EA Active..t

he Metroid trilogy (which is basically like launching a new series for me since I missed out on last gen),

Wii Sports Resort,

New Super Mario Bros,

Mario Galaxy 2,

ZELDA WII EVENTUALLY,

Metroid: Other M,

and however many countless games will be released for M+ next year once people get the hang of it. Couldn't ask for more really:-/

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#36 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
I'm even happier.
AppleBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 AppleBlade
Member since 2008 • 615 Posts

I got mine at launch.

The first year and a half was fun as hell (Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition, Zack & Wiki, Super Paper Mario, Godfather: Blackhand Edition).

Then came 2008 which was solid in the first half but had an absolutely horrible 2nd half. The 2nd half of 2008 was really the only time in the Wii's lifespan that I didn't feel like playing it.

However, 2009 is off to a great start and looks fantastic the rest of the way. In fact 2009 is the first year since launch that I think the Wii's line-up can go toe to toe with the 360/PS3 lineups. It's a little hard to believe but when you sit down and look at how many quality games have already been released (i.e. Punchout!, Excitebots, Little King's Story, Madworld, House of the Dead: Overkill, Tiger Woods, Boom Blox Bash Party, Klonoa, Rune Factory: Frontier, Broken Sword) and then look at all the promising titles right over the horizon (Metroid Prime Trilogy, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Wii Sports Resort, The Conduit, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, Cursed Mountain, A boy and his blob, Dead Space: Extraction, Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles, Overlord: Dark Legend, Phantom Brave: We Meet Again, etc.) it's clear that the Wii has something special going on in 2009. In the end I think the 360 (or PS3) will have more AAA games this year but the Wii will have significantly more AA games.

SMR-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#38 SMR-Venom
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts
I am happier, because more games have released.
Avatar image for RatchetJunkie20
RatchetJunkie20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 RatchetJunkie20
Member since 2007 • 966 Posts

I'm still happy with my Wii. I just wish I had more time to play!

boardn720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 boardn720
Member since 2008 • 5310 Posts

My thoughts exactly :D

Bert306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Bert306
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
i am not that happy with it as when i got it but when i got it i was pretty happy so something pretty awesome has to happen to the Wii for me to get that happy again.
Lothenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Lothenon
Member since 2003 • 1177 Posts

I am significantly more happy now than I was. I was close to selling it in 07/08, but now it has easily surpassed the 360 as my console of choice.

DeadEndPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DeadEndPanda
Member since 2008 • 2358 Posts

atm im like twice as happy with i as when i got it tbh, mainly becouse i bought madworld and wii speak, still waiting for the conduit :)

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#44 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
Since the Wii is my only console and my PC isn't that good with games, I am MUCH happier with my Wii than when I first got it. More games, better games, SD card support, motionplus, and more. How could I not be happy?
striking_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 striking_
Member since 2009 • 583 Posts

Even more so. When I first got the wii wii sports was cool and all but I wanted more to do. Now the wii is getting/has gotten all these wonderful games that use motion controls well and are just more fun to play with, and with wm+ coming out it will be like starting all over again but better so yeah.

d_mazter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46 d_mazter
Member since 2008 • 58 Posts

I love nintendo. I grew up playing SNES and the DS is the best handheld ever.... but, I am disapointed at nintendo for the mistakes that have been made with the wii. I notice that ,except for a few, most good games don't use motion controls. I think the motion control is no longer as "amazing" or "magical" as it was on launch night. I am angered that nintendo is able to make only 4 games a year that are rlly worth buying. Oh, and I am mad because for the 1st time in months that I wanted to play the wii, the memory got corrupted.

This is the year that makes or breakes the wii. I don't think it is too late, and they had a great E3. I can only hope that nintendo can keep the hardcore. I am rooting for nintendo, but why would they care what I think. They have sold 52 million wiis to grandmaw. I am angry at you nintendo, and it will take more than mario galaxy 2 to calm me down.

DDRMom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 DDRMom
Agreed. Out of curiosity, those who play their Wii everyday... what do you play? Are you beating Metroid for the 7th time, or Super Mario Galaxy for the 8th? Mario Kart Wii gets a little boring after a while and Brawl's online is an absolute joke. Unless you actually have a "life" and only play Brawl for an hour a day with your friends, everyday, I really don't see anything on the Wii that sustains enjoyment.HOMIE_G64
I have a bunch of games on the go so that I can play depending on my mood. I have Wii Fit and DDR HP 1 & 2 that each get played at least a couple of times a week and this week I've been playing Super Mario 64 from the VC. I also throw in MK and Rockband every once in a while. I've never been bored with my wii or not found something to play. I also have three children with their own games so if I'm not playing my own I usually have to answer the 'Mom, I need help' calls so I end up playing Build a Bear or something like that.
SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
Not as much as i used to.
creativeminded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 creativeminded
Member since 2005 • 1729 Posts
More happy now that I got Grand Slam Tennis
ganga_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 ganga_
Member since 2007 • 790 Posts
i was very happy when i got (a year after launch) it and then after half a year it felt kinda boring and i had some thoughts about selling it. now i'm really happy with it, especially still with PES 2009. i expected more from GST, but whatever, there are still a lot of more great games out there then i got time to play them. atm i'm anticipating Sports Resort, Red Steel2, Galaxy 2 and i havent purchased LKS yet, which seems to be als great aswell. so im still happy with the wii, yes.