Are you as happy with your Wii now as you were when you first got it?

• 97 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 stike22
Member since 2009 • 3401 Posts
Nope, the hype of when the Wii came out made it better, then the great dust collection of 2007 I think it was...or was it 2008?...Lol, there isn't much to be happy about until 2010 when some worthy games come out. There was VC as well that was great until I remembered that I could just get half of those games completely free on my PC. There are still a lot of things I need from the Wii, right now the only thing stopping me from throwing it in my closet is the fact that some games coming out next year, there is also a couple of games coming this year but they aren't looking as good as they were hyped up to be, Red Steel 2 for instance.
-Skatman-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#52 -Skatman-
Member since 2008 • 1068 Posts

I'm still just as happy. Brawl still is THE game to play on the system, and after over a year of playing it it has not gotten boring. I have tons of unbeaten VC games, and once I buy Super Paper Mario and MarioKart Wii soon...maybe even The Conduit when it comes out, then the Wii will once again rule my life :D

LOSTLEAD3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 LOSTLEAD3R
Member since 2009 • 264 Posts

The wii is good. Im content with it. I really dislike it when people go like "the wii sucks now" i think this years E3 shows it still has tricks up there sleeve. the only thing thats bad about the wii is online, and i never really used that option in the first place. But i definitly dont have the same "OMGZ the WII!!!1!!!"

steizgr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 steizgr8
Member since 2007 • 559 Posts

Nah.

For 2 years the wii was my main console, but my PS3 library has finally overtaken it and that's my main now.

I still like it, though, and when Galaxy 2, Zelda Wii and Metroid Other M come out I'll love it again :)

*EDT*

That's when we're talkin about single player.

For local multiplayer, Brawl, MK Wii and Boom Blox Bash Party ensure that Wii is what we'll be playing.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#55 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41561 Posts
I'm happy with it.
jeffdanno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 jeffdanno
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I haven't touched my Wii in like 6-7 months. I loved it when I first got it at launch, but it wore off soon after.

valgear
same here dude The Conduit looks a little good..but its still not enough to get my Wii love back
JohnBean42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 JohnBean42
Member since 2008 • 2810 Posts

More happy now than I was at launch. The library is fantastic, my favourite library of games this generation.Haziqonfire

I feel the same way.

XDXDXDXDXDXDXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#58 XDXDXDXDXDXDXD
Member since 2007 • 2399 Posts
I'm nowhere near as happy as I used to be when I got it. I've exhausted the Wii's library by now and there's not much to it. It keeps me entertained every once and a while, but there's nothing new I'd want to try.
Nintend0-BuDDy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#59 Nintend0-BuDDy
Member since 2008 • 639 Posts

stil as epic as before :P

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

No not at all. The Wii started out great and now its just horrible and I plan to sell it soon. Anyone who says they'd rather have the Wii over a 360 or PS3 is just a kid whose parents won't buy them another console...

ColdP1zza

Oh the irony. :lol:
Anyone who says that is a jobless kid who doesn't even pay for his own console.
I have a 360 and a Wii. What's wrong with having multiple consoles? Both are great.

Anyway. I'm more happy with it now than before. Recently bought a lot of games after having gone 'out of gaming' for a small year (yes, didn't play a single game on PC, Xbox and Wii for nearly a year) and having a blast playing through all of them.

hansolo14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 hansolo14
Member since 2003 • 976 Posts

I haven't touched my Wii in like 6-7 months. I loved it when I first got it at launch, but it wore off soon after.

valgear

you should pay more attention to reviews..

kart_racer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 kart_racer
Member since 2006 • 372 Posts

First Nintendo console I've owned, I would always go to my friends house when I was younger and watch them play Super Mario 64 and I would play Mario Kart 64, and I remember always asking my dad if I could get one and I never did.

Then the GameCube came along and my parents bought me a PS2 instead of a GameCube, but I would still go to my friend's house to play Smash Bros. or Monkey Ball or Timesplitters. Actually thats all we did one summer, our neighbour was throwing out an old TV because the cable didn't work but the A/V connectors still did, so we brought it to my friends garage and played Smash Bros. all summer, along with some of the neighbours.

Then the Wii came out and it was the first next-gen console I bought and am enjoying it to this day along with all of the old games I missed.

FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts

I had mine since launch day and I'm still just as happy now as I was then. The constant release of good games will ensure that won't change any time soon.:)

captkiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 captkiwi
Member since 2009 • 137 Posts

I'm liking mine quite a bit more.I'm still playing Punch-Out!! and with games like LKS, Muramasa, and the Conduit coming out, who would want to think otherwise?

Avatar image for Hungry_Homer111
Hungry_Homer111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#65 Hungry_Homer111
Member since 2005 • 22479 Posts
After a little while, it did dip a bit, but I still liked it quite a lot. But now, my satisfaction with the Wii is higher than ever before, Especially if you take into consideration what is announced that hasn't come out yet.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c59fdd7b3aa7
deactivated-5c59fdd7b3aa7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 deactivated-5c59fdd7b3aa7
Member since 2009 • 9489 Posts

Maybe the excitement's worn off a bit but i'm still very happy with my wii console :D I don't think it has anything to do with the actual console, but the games you have. If you've completed all your games and there's no more wii games that are out that you want, the wii will just gather dust. Am I right, folks?

Falco_648

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Falco_648
Member since 2007 • 1181 Posts

[QUOTE="valgear"]

hansolo14

Not really, the Wii rarely gets games with good reviews that arent followed with "the game is only 3 hours long though"

But this isnt system wars so enough of that. Im with valgear, I haven't played my Wii in about 6 months, so its a no.

Razmitaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Razmitaz
Member since 2008 • 142 Posts

I'm still happy with my Wii because of Virtual Console. I still need to pick up another a good, original Wii game. I can't wait for Muramasa.

TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 TaMuK711
Member since 2009 • 3367 Posts

[QUOTE="hansolo14"]

[QUOTE="valgear"]

Falco_648

Not really, the Wii rarely gets games with good reviews that arent followed with "the game is only 3 hours long though"

But this isnt system wars so enough of that. Im with valgear, I haven't played my Wii in about 6 months, so its a no.

Off topic, but sorry your second 360 RRoD'd :(

A friend of mine brought over his console-launch night 360 which never had any problems... and it RRoD'd, first I'd ever seen.

You have my condolences:P

guitarheroF22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 guitarheroF22
Member since 2009 • 244 Posts

i dont recall ever being happy with my wii.

ozzsoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 ozzsoad
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts
It's still my favorite console so, yeah, I'd say so.
rogelio22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 rogelio22
Member since 2006 • 2477 Posts

havent touched my wii since last fall but ive decided to finally get into Zelda tp (its starting to get good) started kinda slow and gave up on it! but PUNCHOUT!!! is FUN!!! im on Piston Hondo title defense GREAT FUN!!!

Dycras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Dycras
Member since 2009 • 1226 Posts

No not at all. The Wii started out great and now its just horrible and I plan to sell it soon. Anyone who says they'd rather have the Wii over a 360 or PS3 is just a kid whose parents won't buy them another console...

ColdP1zza

I would and i have all the consoles. The other consoles just have repetetive generic games while wii (even though it has shovelware) has way more variety with its games so you don't get bored.

ParkCarsHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#74 ParkCarsHere
Member since 2004 • 3556 Posts
I hyped the Wii to the highest peaks when it was being announced, but when it was released I was sorely disappointed. The games STILL aren't there, even after this many years. It's still, in my view, a secondary console. It's disappointing, but true. Let's hope it gets better with times...
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#75 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
i love my wii i do get disappointed with multi-system games but for the most part i am pleased i wouldn't trade it for any other system but i may get ps3 for god of war 3 next year but the wii is still the best console
Brawl578

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#76 Brawl578
Member since 2008 • 895 Posts

ColdP1zza

Are you sure about that? Because I'm 13 and have a Wii and a 360. Guess which one's in my closet, collecting dust? Not the Wii. I swear, I'm so close to trading in my 360 for a PS3...

Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts

Not at all. I still like the console though, but when I got it I expected it to turn out better.

its_a_username

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 its_a_username
Member since 2009 • 598 Posts

i havent really touched it in a while but that will all change when the conduit comes out

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#79 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

Surprisingly, I'm happier with it now than before. At first I only wanted to play Zelda and avoid the system like the plague. But there have been some fantastic games for the Wii (not as many fantastic ones as there are on the 360, but a lot nonetheless), and I've been enjoying them immensely. I mean, it's a great time to own a Wii if you're a first time buyer of it because there are a lot of quality games that you can start a great library right off the bat with the system.

jdiamnz69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#80 jdiamnz69
Member since 2007 • 1469 Posts

Happier. When it was first release and I purchased it, I didnt know Of the great games like SMG and Twilight Princess.

clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 clicketyclick
Member since 2008 • 7136 Posts

A lot of the people in this thread who say they're just as happy seem to be sustained on hype about future games.

I'm not as happy as I was originally, mostly for the reasons thatHOMIE_G64 already went over. The best part of the Wii is the IR ability, and it's also the least implemented. Instead, most devs prefer to go with the waggle motion controls, and that seems to be the future of the industry, which disappoints me greatly. Waggle is not immersive. Flail is not immersive. Pointing at things and 'grabbing' things is.

I'm still happy that I got my Wii because of the great experiences I would have missed out on otherwise. I play my DS more though.

Avatar image for deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
Member since 2004 • 16051 Posts
I have a wii since launch.. and also a ps3... love them both... and I like my wii now more than before... That said I have so many games behind (on both system) that I do not EVER get that "lack" of games .... so.. yea.. :)
scar-hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#83 scar-hawk
Member since 2008 • 5404 Posts

The Shop channel itself is argubly enough to purchase the system. And yeah I'm happy with it.

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

Its getting better all the time. I am much, much happier now than when i first got it. But. if you asked me that question last year, i would not give the same answer. Last year was rough, to say the least.

GamerJM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 GamerJM
Member since 2007 • 1218 Posts
I'm very happy. The game library basically turned out to be everything I expected, and that's all I wanted :).
kitchenwindow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 kitchenwindow
Member since 2009 • 238 Posts
I was anticipating getting the system, but once I got it I got bored rather fast as like most Nintendo systems these days there's only a hand full of good games. They are usually always either the Smash series or Mario game or Zelda. But now with the list of games schedule for release I might be happy with it again! I'm really looking forward to the new Super Mario Bros game.
Mantorok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Mantorok
Member since 2002 • 2558 Posts

The first 18 months were great, but then the library started to ease up on the gas and there were some obscure titles coming out which really weren't floating my boat, so I got a 360 to fill the void.

Now that a couple of years have passed the Wii is started to pull me in again with M+, I really think it's a push to own "just" the Wii and be satisified though, I still like traditional games too much.

Ultamite-Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Ultamite-Ninja
Member since 2007 • 1109 Posts
I am happier! I just wish I had more money for games.
trickflier007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 trickflier007
Member since 2009 • 58 Posts

I bought my Wii early last year, when Mario Kart Wii came out. At first, I was thrilled with my purchase, loving every minute of Twilight Princess and Brawl, and even Wii Sports. Unfortunately, last fall, I started experiencing some buyer's regret since it seemed like there were no good games coming out. However, I have recently gotten back into Wii, with new games like Punch-Out!! and Excitebots, and upcoming hits like The Conduit and Super Mario Galaxy 2. So yes, at this point I am even more happy with my Wii than I was the day I bought it.

Bunit23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#90 Bunit23
Member since 2007 • 52 Posts

Sure I still love the Wii. I mean when you buy anything new it lose some of it awesomeness over time because it isn't new anymore. As a whole, I think the Wii is great though because they keep coming out with games that I enjoy. Since I got a Wii they came out with Wii fit. Now I can use the balance board on a lot of games and that is really fun. Nintendo keeps coming out with ways to make these games interactive so as a result I'll keep playing them.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
still love it!!!
Synchro456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Synchro456
Member since 2005 • 8359 Posts

Honestly after I finished TP, SMG all I ever play is Fifa 09 which is not very good and Mario Strikers Charged time to time. But I'll try to buy some new games over the summer and hopefully SMG2 and FFCC will spark my interest again.

tryagainlater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#93 tryagainlater
Member since 2005 • 7446 Posts

Not really. Everytime I get a good game, I am pretty much as happy as I was when I bought it. These occasions are few and far between though.

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#94 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts

Im way bored of my Wii right now. Bought a ps3 and Im clearly enjoying more the ps3 than my Wii and I got it the same year it was released. I still love my Wii and Im proud of buying it the first year it was released but there arent alot of games that are interesting for me. I prefer the ps3 games rather than wii games. Alot of shovelware in the wii.

Avatar image for EpiphoneMan2008
EpiphoneMan2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#95 EpiphoneMan2008
Member since 2009 • 7169 Posts
I like it MUCH more because i have discovered more game series i love and VC games!
everlong12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#96 everlong12
Member since 2008 • 648 Posts

Even though I have had to wait for great titles to come out it has worked to my advantage. I have to budget my gaming cost now that I have adult obligations to take care of so I make sure and buy the fun games with replay value. Nintendo has kept up with my pace and in the past, they never let me down. I am happy with Wii.

DJgummy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 DJgummy
Member since 2007 • 380 Posts

Definitely as much or even more. I'm not sure why I would be less happy about it now, with 2009 being one of the best years for wii games. I've played grand slam tennis and tiger woods and wii motion plus is not quite as great as I thought it would be, but when I got my wii in '07 I had no idea that there would be any motion improvement. I got Super Mario Galaxy with my wii, and it is still my favorite game on the system. Now with Super Mario Galaxy 2 coming out, I couldn't be much happier with my wii. So, yeah, you get my point.